Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Conversion [HE Event]

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning, Water, Wind, Storm, Dark
    Class: S
    Ryo:

Conversion [HE Event] Empty Conversion [HE Event]

Post by Irui Mikiri Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:30 pm

The roar of the party slowly crept into the background.

Deflected, and bounded by residences and walls, only the glow of countless lanterns rose above the outlines of structures. Above the halo, paper lanterns drifted into the night sky, trailing on the wind beyond the Heavenly Emporium.

Out here, the crowds had thinned substantially, the streets had emptied and were now occupied by less than a handful. He hoped his intuition had not failed him. Irui walked through the vacant street, hands clasped behind him, his fingers steepled, a cracked panda mask adorning his face. As he drifted through the dimly lit street, he opened his senses to the surrounding urban sprawl; feeling the pulse of the its population in their chakra.

Maybe the man would come. Maybe.

He finally came to a clearing. A large expanse of open, flat ground shaped like a rectangle. It extended off the side of the Heavenly Emporium, and was lined with lanterns, ropes, and hooks. A large yellow arrow painted down the center shimmered faintly through unseen forces. It was a ramp of sorts for the Airships; the especially large ones like those commissioned for the Hidden Cloud.

Irui knelt to the ground, and felt the vaguely warm stone. He reached deep into the ground, searching with faint electrical currents. He cast his Sensory talents inwards now, towards the interior of the Heavenly Emporium.

Curious.... He thought, Okane has removed the barriers I'd sensed before..... It meant that Okane had intended for violence of sorts. Whether it was for show, or for cold-blooded murder, the Heavenly Emporium was not as peaceful as it had been in the past. So he was right; the crowd was just simmering here after the war. He stood to his full height, and cast his attention back towards the Festival.

He left an open invitation. Does he want someone to start something? Is he attempting to goad the Hidden Villages into trading blows here, or was this for entertainment? He chewed on the possibilities.

Okane wasn't bluffing about the durability of the Emporium. Most shinobi could barely scuff the structure, but someone like Seid or Lady Shimiko could have surely dealt damage. So if someone starts something here-- all fingers point to the assailant. Would Okane play the victim?

"Takano, you seemed lost, yet hungry. I hope you come." He murmured.

Last edited by Irui Mikiri on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Village : N/A

Conversion [HE Event] Empty Re: Conversion [HE Event]

Post by Sero Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:04 pm

It was not Takano that approached that night. Not yet. There was something else wandering the edges of the city. Something that could not approach closer or the festival could face ruin and despair. Yet this being was curious. He had watched others play alone in that abandoned wing of the hospital. Left alone to his books and watching the world from a safe distance. Yet it wasn't for his safety but for theirs. A born abomination that struck fear into those who laid eyes upon him. That the two bloodlines he had originated from had abandoned him. Or even attempted murder upon his little head. However this had only served to slow him. To force him to recover as he waited and molded with the hate it would brew. A hate against the corrupt...the wicked...the greedy. A hate that when combined with the terror he influenced in others molded him into a weapon. Collecting enough power and influence to become the head of both clans. To become the first spider and commander of the nightmare brigade. Loved or feared equally by the leadership of kirigakure. The youthful came to him in search of power now. No longer was he the child watching others play...but curiosity made him watch still.

A blanket of fog would seem to roll in to herald the coming of Jaakuna Sero. Not very tall as it clung to the ground due to the height of the Heavenly emporiums flight. Merely ankle deep. Yet it would flow in like water and chill the air. A nearby couple that had thought this a good make out spot noticed this and nervously looked around. Choosing it best to escape the area quickly in case this was some sort of Shinobi at play. The airships were done flying for the night and all the captains had retired to the hotels. The music was distant as was the laughter. Yet slowly those echoes would seem to fade as if this new mist brought this place into its own darker world. The lights would flicker and the lanterns flames would dwindle and go out. Trails of white smoke all that was left. Yet they did not remain as such. Soon one lantern would light with a single green flame that glowed with a dim light. Soon more would follow until these green flames illuminated the area with a green glow cast across the open space.

The last two lanterns would light simultaneously to reveal a man in all appearances from the shadows he had stood within before. The green glow sliding across his features. No mask adorned his face save for the jawbone that seemed to jut out of his lower right jawline. His blue hair matching that cold blue gaze and expressionless face. He was wearing white pants with a long white coat adorning his body. His feet however were bare. His skin pale as moonlight bathed in the glow of the light he provided. No weapons adorned his person nor armor. Just a single spider tattoo with the number one on it on his left hand. He stood fifteen meters from Irui and watched him quietly. If Irui were within ten meters or came within ten meters though...he would know what all who had met Sero knew. A sense of being hunted by something unseen but massive and ravenous would fill him. Some responded with fear or violence. Others with excitement. However Sero would stand there with his hands limp at his sides as he tilted his head. Speaking in a monotone voice...though echos of his words seemed to barely be heard like laughter from distant shadows.

"That name...Takano...who are you and how do you know it?"

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:34 am

"Takano, you seemed lost, yet hungry. I hope you come."

A creeping chill spidered across exposed skin, and Irui half turned towards the approaching fog. It crept low to the ground, rolling over and smothering the cobbles. One by one, the lights winked out, and torchlights of emerald flame spat and burst into existence. Beast-like, the the darkness yawned widely, and from its throat emerged a pale figure.

Oh? Someone likes an entrance. Irui mused, watching the man tread barefoot over the ground. The man's face was youthful, yet stone-like, void of expression and framed with blue hair. Was it just Irui's eyes in the dim light, or did the air shimmer faintly? He studied the man further--his clothing moved naturally, no bulges or outlines betrayed any weapons-- but all shinobi were armed.

A spider tattoo?

It was a strange design on the man's hand, but he wouldn't just leave such a distinct marking out in the open if he wanted it hidden.

"That name...Takano...who are you and how do you know it?"

"Heh. Is that his name? He seems quite popular with the men at the Heavenly Emporium tonight. I was hoping to take a tour of this place with him." Irui replied wryly and added: "What he and I discuss is private."

A cold night air stirred debris over the runway, ruffling his cloak. Mora had always said Jashin worked in mysterious ways; the God had brought them together, given him new purpose and drive, and opened the door of his proverbial birdcage. Perhaps this was another meeting of Jashin's designs, but for now he could only speculate.

"You can call me Mamoru. I should ask you the same-- who are you?'

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Sero would watch with cold blue eyes. Never once did they blink or waver. He simply watched as the fog around him danced as if celebrating him there. That which touched him seemed to absorb into him like water funneling into something until it thinned and broke. But soon enough any fog that broke from him would return. As if drawn to him. As if hungry to be a part of him. His shadow when Irui told him what was discussed with one of Seros men would be none of his business would cause a faint echo. As if children giggled from the shadows. But just barely within ear shot. Just always out of sight.

Seros own shadow would seem to stretch behind him and the flickering green light made it seem as if his massive shadow had five tails. Lazily swishing back and forth as those cold blue eyes never changed. He did not move but simply watched this daring man tell him off. To Sero the man was simply wrong and arrogant about it. But this was not a crime...simply an irritation. So he would not lash out at this. Instead he would continue to listen in silence. Not once did he blink. As if he did not have to.

This one across from him would name himself. Sero had no reason to doubt this name besides a reason to doubt all truths in general. But why attempt to call someone out on every lie? Instead his eyes would seem to lower and rise as he scanned the man across from him. Measuring him and contemplating. A strategist deciding things here and there before he would speak in return. His tone nor expression changing. Yet the very environment seemed to react to the slight fluctuations in his mood. It was obvious to anyone that Sero was dangerous if crossed. Still he would choose honesty in his response. He feared no man after all so his name was his name.

"I am Jakuuna Sero. Head of the Kaguya and Hozuki clans within Kirigakure and commander of the Nightmare Brigade. It's first spider. Takano is my subordinate and as such I am responsible for him. Perhaps I am unaccustomed to gatherings like this as others gather together...strangers even....It could be I am simply overprotective. Perhaps I am not. I will warn you this though Mamoru. If you approach any closer to me...within ten meters....there is an aura I can not contain. You will sense something that drives some mad and others to outright attack me. If you can not prepare your mind for this...I urge you not to approach."

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Kara
    Kara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

Post by Kara Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:38 am

With several names checked off her list, Kara had made her way towards the ship docks, still looking for more people to deliver prizes to. She’d heard that one she was looking for had been at her previous location with Takano, which was not too far from here. As she walked up with Doku, Priya and her retinue of servants she spotted two men standing and speaking. The blonde woman walked up towards them, stopping just outside of ten meters of the pair.

“Pardon the interruption, Mamoru? I have a prize to deliver to you, assuming that is you under that mask.” She knew it was, she was just being polite. A panda mask with a crack in it sort of stood out. “Thank you for attending the Festival, and please enjoy the festivities.” She would offer a nod of acknowledgement to Sero, a charming smile on her pale features. Passing over the fifteen foot spool of razor wire that was carefully wrapped in bright green fabric, which if he did not accept she would leave on a nearby fence post, she would nod once more and then turn and disappear back towards the more populated area of the Festival.

[Exit Thread]

Notes:

Mistress Kara:
    Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 am

Irui narrowed his eyes at the man's words.

Jakuuna Sero.... He chewed on the name.

Something was disturbingly wrong with this situation. In the dim light, he could have sworn the firelight made the shadows move on their own accord. Perhaps his eyes were playing tricks, it would appear that Sero's shadow had split itself into seven. Irui scowled behind the mask. If Sero's words were true, then he was certainly a man to be wary of.

I don't sense Genjutsu, but this man is unusual. He eyeballed the distance between himself and the man, using the bricks as a rough guide. Ten meters, a thirty foot gap between the two of them, was enough to induce this so-called psychosis. He picked a spot on the ground, that would be his guidepost if combat erupted. If he can induce genjutsu automatically within ten meters, without a trigger for the mind, I have to be careful. Also....

Irui raised a hand to adjust his mask.

He has no weapons because he is always armed; If someone gets within striking distance, that illusion does the rest. That leaves....

“Pardon the interruption, Mamoru? I have a prize to deliver to you, assuming that is you under that mask.”

A golden haired woman approached, cutting through the tension. She too stopped within twenty, no, thirty feet exactly, of Sero. Was she familiar with this man as well? From her arms, she came forward with a package swaddled in green fabric. Delicately she peeled back the cloth to show glimmering, floss-like metal. Irui raised a hand, covered fully in wrappings, and extended filaments of chakra from his fingertips, unspooling and the wire to its full length. With a flick of his wrist he threaded it between the bandages of his forearm, hiding it the sleeve of his cloak.

"Thank you, Okane's work truly lives up to its reputation, even for something like this," He said to the woman, his eyes never leaving Sero.

"I'll take you at your word, Sero." Irui said, returning to the man. "I wanted to speak with Takano, I believe our interests in the spiritual, no perhaps the supernatural, may align. Perhaps ours do as well, Sero." He ventured, "You speak of an aura you cannot contain, I imagine that must not have been easy to wield or for others to understand. Its good for Takano to have such a powerful ally."

"You represent this Nightmare Brigade. I myself found purpose within the Orthodox Church of Jashin." It sounded strange coming from his lips, but he, not the Twins nor Shimiko or Mora was here to object. He had survived after all because of Jashin's blessing. "We seek answers, to the violence in the world."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 am

Sero would watch in silence as a new arrival showed herself. His cold blue eyes shifting to watch her. She wasn't on his list of dangerous targets but he knew her all the same. He did take his eyes off Irui however despite the man not doing the same. It was as if he didn't know that it was logical to know fear and be wary. He knew this one by appearance alone though. This Kara was as famous as anyone in this world. A crafter but some said her sway with the villages was so influential that crossing her could hold untold consequences. Sero held no love for equipment himself but he had subordinates that did. So he would remain silent for the brief interaction. If he spoke wrong or appeared to be attempting to intimidate her...technically an innocent...it could go poorly for him and even so far as for Sayuri as well. Besides she wasn't here for him. Some sort of prize being handed out. He would watch the thin spool of razor wire be taken by puppet strings and expertly equipped to the man around his arm. So he was a puppeteer. Sero didn't think he had met one before but he could see the value of it.

Irui would continue to speak as he seemed to accept Seros introduction. Still Sero felt a hint of impatience all the same. Something about this man drove a hunger within him. As if his body was drawn to this one. Drawn to the blood and wounds that this one had both inflicted and been inflicted upon. Yet he would not move or act on this sensation. He had no evidence that this man had done anything wrong or illegal. He was not on the list so he could not be punished. Still Seros cold blue eyes would shift to watch the mans eyes...it was all he could see of his face after all. They were all wearing masks so...A low growl would echo across the shadows around them...as if it wasn't human. His face around the mouth and jaw would turn transparent with the growl in a dark murky looking water before that jawbone would expand over his face to form a bone mask. Matching his conversation partner but in the shape of a jackals face with horns rising and curling along the sides like that of a Ram. Now he had a mask too for the festivities.

Still the shadows would wage those five tails before Sero felt a whisper within...something speaking to him but it seemed so faint. It was warning him to be cautious...to not be so sure of his own invulnerability. That this one could hurt him if he wasn't cautious now. Sero would roll his neck in response and the voice would fade once more. He had heard it before but he wasn't sure what it was. But he knew it was connected to whatever that group had kidnapped him for. Still Irui would continue to explain about this spiritual and supernatural discussion he had intended for Takano. Sero would give himself pause as he listened about this church...he did not know much about that other than some of the strongest from Kumo were famously involved in it. So this man was from Kumo? Which meant lightning...so he was a danger... Sero would let his eyes narrow before folding his hands in front of himself. Conversation was fine but if a fight broke out...he would need to put this one down harshly.

"The nightmare brigade is Kirigakures answer to violence that the wicked perform. Through fear of consequence the nation has kept the population civil and obeying the laws. Our violence is simply greater than that of our enemies. We are a division that is solely for eliminating the murderers, rapists and slave drivers...or all those like them and leaving no survivors. Taking no prisoners. We are our villages execution squad."

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:25 pm

"The nightmare brigade is Kirigakures answer to violence that the wicked perform. Through fear of consequence the nation has kept the population civil and obeying the laws. Our violence is simply greater than that of our enemies. We are a division that is solely for eliminating the murderers, rapists and slave drivers...or all those like them and leaving no survivors. Taking no prisoners. We are our villages execution squad."

Irui took the man's words in, and chewed on them thoughtfully. The clouds high above parted for a brief moment, and sword-like, shafts of moonlight cut the dark that had engulfed the landing pad. All they needed now was atmospheric music to set the mood. It brought him back to a similar night in the Hidden Cloud-- one filled with roaring lightning, broken glass and flame.

"Then perhaps our interests align, Sero of the Hidden Mist." Irui murmured. "What I seek is retribution, penance if you will, from the Hidden Cloud for its crimes-- against its people, and Shinobi."

He made sure to note the folded nature of the man's hands at his waist, and the discomfort that spidered through the man's body. There was something surely amiss with him, but he wouldn't pry. It may have been the aura he'd described, or perhaps something else. It wasn't in his nature to goad others into revealing their secrets; the Mikiri had always valued secrecy above all else.

There was a sinister presence in the air; a stirring that he couldn't quite place, but the air around Sero felt alive. Something inside the man was moving, yearning to be born or burst free. He wasn't alone, Irui was certain of it now, there was another chakra mingling with his own. It was full of spite, simmering anger, and pride. Beneath his mask, Irui smiled thinly.

Takano has a powerful ally indeed.

Irui instead raised both arms, splaying his fingers, revealing white bandaged hands. A neutral, if submissive gesture. He meant no harm to the man, and was all too aware of how many sealing combinations could be woven from Sero's hand placement. Perhaps it was himself who had made the man so wary-- they were both equally cognizant of the other's abilities, that much was certain.

"This is neutral ground, I have no intention of fighting you-- only to talk, and perhaps commiserate. " He further clarified. "You see, my own Sensei lit me on fire for defying her, and exposing her corruption. I was subjected to experiments as further punishment. The people who allowed it to happen remain in power in the Hidden Cloud. It has taken quite a deal of healing to be able to attend the Festival."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:49 am

Sero would listen but his eyes would narrow at the mention of penance. These were words of a criminal to him. Only the guilty needed to seek something of the sort. The wicked who held regret. Such a thing was not typically something he could accept. He had no room in his heart for wicked men. Their penance was found in death. A judgement reserved for those who had no redemption left. Still despite his urges Sero would continue to hear the man out. His blue eyes watching now with a coldness about them. He could not act here without having proof of some sort anyway. It was not his jurisdiction nor had a command come from his queen or the village itself. Besides this gave the bandaged man a moment to explain further. That it was not his own sins that had a need for penance but that of his village leaders. How they were corrupt and wicked. How they had punished him for attempting to reveal them and tormented him. The bandages and damage to the mans body seemed to indicate truth to this but Sero was uncertain of the truth of it. He could sense something dangerous from this one.

Still this one would wish to speak more and assured Sero that they were not there to fight. There was a tension in the air that could not be cut with a knife. The quiet before a storm as some would put it. Yet Sero did not seem to show any emotion. Yet alone an expression of fear. He was far more interested in learning more of this corruption and conspiracy to begin with. He held no power in his village for making decisions outside of the village itself but he held influence...he had connections. Sayuri would want to know anyway. And if she ordered him to....he would go and eliminate these wicked evil doers. Until such an order was placed however Sero would not act against them. So he would need to learn more. To investigate further. If this one had proof outside of his own injuries Sero would need to know of it. A world war had just ended and they were at peace...an act against Kumo leadership would have to be swift and concise with indisputable proof. So Sero would hear this one out. This Mamoru was suspicious but again Sero had no real reason to suspect him.

So he would speak once more. His own voice just loud enough to be heard. He was close to a gazebo overlooking the edge of the emporium after all. But if they were to sit and speak Mamoru would have to come closer. To experience Sero. "If you wish to converse we can have a seat over there. I wish to learn names and details. However I will warn you once more...if you step closer you will step within my sphere of influence. Prepare your mind for this. I will await you over there." With that Sero would turn and appear to glide through the mist along the ground. As a wraith might straight to the gazebo. Settling onto a bench there and placing his hands folded in his lap. There was a table in the center, round in shape with a bench running along the inner length of the gazebo around it. His own hands were under this table but visible until one entered it. If Mamoru were to step within ten meters he would feel it. The sphere of influence Sero put off. As one might expect from a fear aura. It was as if they were in fact not alone. Like there was some great unseen beast...and it had nothing to do with the bijuu within Sero beyond being empowered by it. Sero himself was not human and that much was clear the moment this one stepped within ten meters of him. The sensation of being hunted by this great unseen thing. almost like madness.

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:23 pm

If you wish to converse we can have a seat over there. I wish to learn names and details. However I will warn you once more...if you step closer you will step within my sphere of influence. Prepare your mind for this. I will await you over there."

Irui bowed his head, and pressed the toe of his boot into the gravel. He raised his brow, just enough to watch the man glide dramatically across the stonework; the mist and shadows curling in his wake.

Ten meters eh? The detail pulled at his brain stem. That's quite the range, average for Genjutsu, but still formidable. Illusions shouldn't affect water vapor like that. He sucked on something caught between his teeth. This man's aura, it was vexing, what exactly was he hiding with his sphere of influence? Damn you Mora, I almost want to test this man's aura.

He watched the man pad across the square to a nearby gazebo. He found a seat at a table, and settled into it. His dark eyes trained themselves on the nearest landmark. He'd use the bricks again, each about a foot long. There... That one. He settled on a stone, and estimated two more points surrounding the Gazebo. I'll assume for now that it works like an epicenter. He is the stone splashing into a pool, as this aura is the ripple.

Irui regarded the Gazebo for a moment more, and cast his gaze upwards. It wouldn't be far fetched to assume it were spherical, but he had no room for guessing. At least he was fortunate that the aura didn't afflict its victims in more sinister ways.  The light and mist played tricks on the eyes, he couldn't tell yet if it influenced the air, or if he was just imagining it.  Carefully, he moved forward, approaching the gazebo, and paused just five bricks short of his guidepost. He shifted his eyes left, and right.

This should be the boundary of his field. If he moves, the field moves with him. He breathed in and sighed. This man was either a truly deadly weapon in human form, or a royal pain in the ass. HIs eyes narrowed looking for any wavering in the air, any shimmer, or indication.

"I'll tell you that two of them, who feasted on Kumogakure's civilians, were Chuunin the last I saw them. They were quite close too to the administration ."

Irui stepped across the threshold, passing into Sero's sphere of influence. It was as if he had stepped into winter; a chill spidered across his skin, seeping through the bandages and crawled over his limbs; liquid-like. Curious. He cast a glance to his side, smelling a familiar perfume and tobacco on the air. He made his way up the steps, feeling the cold only grow stronger until he settled into his seat across from Sero. What remained of the hairs on his neck pricked. From behind the mask, he looked to the pale man and his jaw set.

Sero's eyes reminded him of a creature lurking beyond firelight, pacing back and forth.

Mora.... Irui realized, He has the same eyes as Mora. He blinked, and flashes of flame sparked in his minds eye. The scent of his own evaporating flesh, the pop and hiss of fluids, the stench of boiling blood. He fixed his eyes on Sero, his blue hair and fair skin. This man was no Mora, but why did his presence reek of her? The cold wood beneath his hand brought him back to the task at hand, and he he rested his hands on his lap.

This certainly isn't Genjutsu, but why do I feel....

He pushed the thought out of his mind.

"Sero, do you believe your organization can eliminate all injustice?" Irui ventured, adjusting his mask slightly. "Your Nightmare Brigade delivers justice for those who cannot do it themselves. It sounds... Ambitious. Slave drivers, murderers, these are just symptoms of a larger problem-- we have great Shinobi nations, and yet these crimes still persist."

He leaned forward, and rested his elbows on the table.

"I've seen many things, and I've come to find that these things exist, because the Shinobi nations allow them. I believe Kumogakure allowed its own corruption to fester and spread. Its own core is rotting out so that those in power remain in power, while its citizens grow poorer supporting its Monarchy. Tell me Sero, when all crime has been eliminated in your archipelago, what then, will you look elsewhere?"

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Sero would watch the man approach. His reaction to the invitation for a moment was to stay out of the aforementioned radius. His eyes glancing up for a moment as if contemplating something. However Sero would demonstrate patience. He had many who had come to know him. To still fear him but to understand him. And some who could not despite his good works. So many viewed him as a danger to the nation. As a danger to peace. However he cared little for them. For peace was an illusion without someone to enforce it. Mankind was a cruel and greedy species and without an enforcement of law they would do as they wished. The wicked reaching for power at the cost of the innocent. So often that power itself was an illusion. He did not simply provide fear to those who acted upon their greed. He provided hope for those who would obey the rules. The very laws of the nation. He took no coin or bribe. He held no ambition beyond what he had. No need for more power than he had grasped on his own. He had turned himself into a symbol of fear for the sake of peace.

The man would speak of two chunnin within Kumo who had actively committed cannibalism on their civilians. And this was simply accepted? The higher ups in Kumogakure had done nothing about this? Or was there no evidence? This one knew of this information and yet...he said he had been punished for attempting to reveal these atrocities. Yet aside from his wounds Sero knew little of this man. When he stepped forward into the radius Sero would feel it. Yet so very faintly. As if this one held little fear in his heart. Having suffered as he had this made sense. As it had with Valen the suffering seemed to have dulled their survival senses. Still something stirred within him as the man came and took his seat. Almost like a growled whisper in his ear. Kokuō felt nervous around this man and warned Sero to keep his senses about him. A slight head twitch and glance to his right was all Sero managed to reveal of that though. So this inner beast of his...they wished for preservation of their host for the time being. Still those blue eyes, so cold, would glance back to Irui as he spoke again.

Irui would lay out Seros ambitions and the issues with the major nations before them. Sero would listen in silence as he did. Choosing not to interrupt. Different opinions were to be heard and considered. Though his own opinions were not wavered by the impossibility of the task. This one seemed to hold blame for the Kumogakure government for the wrongs in his world. Yet aside from some now retired clan elders Sero did not blame Kirigakure for his own misfortune as a whole. Nor did he punish the entirety of the Kaguya clan despite his hate for them. He kept them prosperous because it was what he was supposed to do. It was his duty. So he would let Irui finish before he replied.

"I can remove all the wicked from my nation no more than I can dry all the seas. Mankind can never live in true peace. There will always be those who will break laws and perform wicked acts. Despite that my division and myself will not waver. I will scorch the ground at the feet of these wicked and punish them. All at the behest of my government. The Nightmare Brigade serves Kirigakure and should proof rise that the leadership itself has broken these laws I will turn them to ashes as well. However I care not for these other nations...these other lands. Only for the nation I serve. However there is an alliance of sorts in place now between the two. If you have evidence of your claims, I will see it."

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm

"I can remove all the wicked from my nation no more than I can dry all the seas. Mankind can never live in true peace. There will always be those who will break laws and perform wicked acts. Despite that my division and myself will not waver. I will scorch the ground at the feet of these wicked and punish them. All at the behest of my government. The Nightmare Brigade serves Kirigakure and should proof rise that the leadership itself has broken these laws I will turn them to ashes as well. However I care not for these other nations...these other lands. Only for the nation I serve. However there is an alliance of sorts in place now between the two. If you have evidence of your claims, I will see it."

Beneath the mask, a smile stretched across scarred lips. He ran his tongue across his chapped, brutalized skin, and bared white teeth.

"Evidence?" He echoed, "I can provide better...." He let the words sink in for a moment, settling in over the dead quiet square. "I cannot stand the situation any longer, I cannot stand what was done to me-- what has been done to the Hidden Cloud. The one who did this--" He pulled back the bandages covering his neck, revealing mottled, pale and scarred skin.  

He threaded his fingers together, and tightened them into a ball. It was all he could do to distract himself. He breathed in and closed his eyes.

"--is Shimiko Chinoike, Matriarch of her clan--," He continued coolly, the words slipping smoothly from his throat. There, it was out in the air. He recalled how she'd visited him in the hospital ward, dressed in red, flanked by Kumogakure's ANBU. He remembered how she wrought her Jashinist curses into his blood, mangling it with her own Chinoike Kekkei Genkai; how she marveled at her own creation as he'd risen off the table, how his skin and muscle knit itself together under Jashin's power.

Oh how he'd hated her.

"Deep beneath St. Memori's Cathedral," Mamoru pressed on. "You will find a dungeon, where only the most devout practice the old ways of the Church-- Where Shimiko and The Twins practiced." His fingers steepled, church like to only further accentuate his point. "What I desire is a new direction. I wish to remove these nightmares from the Church, to bring its horrors to light, and give its followers new purpose. I truly believe the church can be reformed."

"Jashin, you must understand, inspires one to break free of the shackles that society has placed upon us. The old ways catered to violence for the sake of violence. What I desire is to harness that-- to inspire the outcast to remove further injustices. To remove the wicked-- those who perpetuate the problems of the Shinobi world-- from their skin and bones, so to speak."

Mamoru opened his gauze-bound hands now, showing his palms to Sero. He gestured with the left and then the right.

"The Jashinists are a protected religion under Queen Ryuko's reign. This way, the Jashinist's fulfill their spiritual practices for their God, and are directed into a force for justice, not wonton bloodshed and destruction." He paused for a moment, before adding, "Perhaps such an approach may allow Kirigakure's own shinobi to find a higher purpose on the battlefield."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Sero would listen as he considered all of this. Cold blue eyes studying the one across from him. He was awfully revealing for someone from a different nation. He had to know that this information would likely change relations between their villages. It was Shimiko who had attended the summit after all. So if she was tormenting and slaughtering innocent people....Such a thing would shake the very foundation of the alliance. Especially with the exchange program. These twins were another matter as well. Their sins were grievous and yet this Ryuko seemed not to take action. She was benevolent by how he spoke of her so why had he not brought this all to her?

Sero knew the name and knew she held a great deal of sway in the nation and power. Perhaps these criminals were to strong for her? Or maybe this Mamoru had a reason not to bring it to someone more directly involved. Cold blue eyes continued to watch as Sero contemplated. He was like a preacher and a martyr that just didn't die. Was this one playing on Seros sense of justice or would he have told all this to poor Takano? Takano himself wouldn't have been much use at the moment against such enemies....

For the moment he let Mamoru finish before he let out a slow breath. As if he didn't actually breath often but was choosing to do so now. Taking in the scent of this one and thinking this all over. So, the last of his words rang in the air and silence followed. Such a thing as a higher purpose had never been something Sero sought. He held his position of power because it benefited his queen. Not some god he was supposed to place blind faith in. Some war god he knew little of. However their views under Ryuko seemed to suit his own and that of his queen and followers. Not to mention how it would irk Kit and that too would please his queen.

Sero would sit back in his chair as he finished thinking on those words. Never blinking or changing expression. Yet it constantly felt like they were on the verge of violence. As if at any moment there would be a battle. Tension holding in the air because of that aura. Still Sero would speak in response once more. A warning echoing out as the shadows and mist all grew eerily still all at once. The only thing flickering about was the light from the green fires around them.

"These are all serious crimes. Yet I have to wonder why Kumo hasn't punished these three. Or if they freely allow this practice of their religion. If so our nation would have little say in it other than separating itself and Kumo would lose power. You bring names, not proof. You give a location which will have to be investigated but it too is likely under some sort of protection. And even preach a religion to me that seems to suit what it is my organization already does. Of course I will report all of this to my queen and let her decide...but I warn you of this burnt man. If you are playing me....if you think you are manipulating me in some way...my fire will not simply leave you marked. I will reduce you in such a way that no power from your god or man will be able to bring you back."

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:46 pm

"These are all serious crimes. Yet I have to wonder why Kumo hasn't punished these three. Or if they freely allow this practice of their religion. If so our nation would have little say in it other than separating itself and Kumo would lose power. You bring names, not proof. You give a location which will have to be investigated but it too is likely under some sort of protection. And even preach a religion to me that seems to suit what it is my organization already does. Of course I will report all of this to my queen and let her decide...but I warn you of this burnt man. If you are playing me....if you think you are manipulating me in some way...my fire will not simply leave you marked. I will reduce you in such a way that no power from your god or man will be able to bring you back."

"I see...." Mamoru murmured, recalling Mora's teachings. "You require proof and reassurance of your trust in the Hidden Cloud." He looked up slightly, his head nodding to the right. He knew he'd have to change his tune, and fast. "Make no mistake, it is Lady Ryuko who has seen the error of the Church's ways and has sought to correct them-- Even I was prosecuted by the Hidden Cloud en absentia. I believe Ryuko truly wishes the best for the Hidden Cloud, and those forced into atrocities by her.... Predecessors."

"I did terrible things for Lady Mora and Lady Shimiko, horrible things...." He flicked his dark eyes away from Sero for a moment, his whole form tensing. "However Ryuko believes in second chances, she believes that anyone, regardless of their past, can be reformed. I too believe the Orthodox Church can be reformed, I believe we can scrub it clean. I believe through the Orthodoxy, we can provide spiritual enlightenment to the lost and battle-hardened Shinobi. All villages have darkness in them, and so too does the Hidden Mist, otherwise your organization wouldn't exist in an ideal world."

He raised a hand, and flicked his thumb, snapping a trench knife into his hand. Deftly on strings, he flipped it around, offering Sero the handle. The serrated blade gleamed faintly in the light of his chakra wires.

"If you doubt me--" Mamoru's tone darkened as he hovered the blade's tip at his heart. "--Then kill me now, take this intelligence, and scorch the wicked."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:43 am

Sero would listen to these accusations and words. His eyes never blinking or wavering. Those cold crystal blues simply stared on. His lips were pale and thin but those too never shifted. Not a smile or frown during the speech. He simply remained still for the most part as if the very idea of fidgeting was beyond him. Only those eyes traced any movements Irui would make. So he had been a part of this. Used as he would imply this Ryuko was aiming to undo all the evil. That she had the rough job of cleaning up after those before her. Yet she sounded as if she were tireless. No waver in her resolve could be taken from her. If they had an ally in Kumo it would be her. However war had just ended so in the end...they may only be able to offer their support if Kumo was asking for it. Troublesome. Negotiations with other nations were beyond him. Still he would share this as questionable intel when he wrote it all up for Sayuri later. He did not know the third princess and he didn't care for the second. Only Sayuri would need know of this conversation.

Sero had not shifted once even as Irui spoke of his belief and what he spoke of as enlightenment. However the moment he flicked his thumb and a knife appeared a pressure would erupt around them. That feeling of being hunted shifted up as the demonic chakra of the tailed beast flared. The paint on the gazeebo would begin to peel and fade as if aging around them. The heat picked up and the whites of Seros eyes grew from the outside to the center rapidly to pitch black. The five tails did not like this new weapon appearing so close to its vessel from such a stranger. The pressure of the chakra pushing like a weight on the lungs as the shadows from the green flames seemed to dance. The green flames flaring up higher for a brief moment as Irui would turn the weapon to Sero hilt first. Black eyes with glowing blue iris would shift down to look at the blade. A hidden weapon up his sleeve the whole time? No...Sero had no need to fear blades...yet this presence within him did not like it. As if it knew to be wary instead of over confident.

Still Sero would take a breath as he centered himself. Those blue eyes shifting back to the masked man as he released his breath. The black fading from his eyes and the pressure dying down. The peeling paint would stop as his boil release stopped escaping him. Instead he would take a moment and then speak in return.

"It is a foolish thing to take such chances with your life. If I were a wicked man than it could be your end. Or you are confident in your own abilities to stop me. I will not harm you as like with your claims I have no proof determining your fate either. Until one is proven guilty my wrath is not their concern. With that said your gesture while powerful is misplaced. If I do eventually determine this all a lie and come for you.....I will not need a blade. Let us put aside this gesture for now. You mention faith. I have never followed a religion but I have read a great deal on the subject. Usually zealotry goes hand in hand with it. Even now you tell me of four of these zealots. Tell me more of this Jashin and I will determine if I can associate with it or not."

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Irui held the blade out temptingly for a moment longer. Jashin, Mora once remarked, demanded resolve and perseverance of the soul; to grab Death itself and walk hand in hand with it. To follow Jashin's will, was to forget the fear of pain, to experience ecstasy in agony. Only then could the body be free to experience all of life, and question its existence.  With a faint movement of the fingers, Irui returned his blade to its hiding place.

"It is a foolish thing to take such chances with your life. If I were a wicked man than it could be your end. Or you are confident in your own abilities to stop me. I will not harm you as like with your claims I have no proof determining your fate either. Until one is proven guilty my wrath is not their concern. With that said your gesture while powerful is misplaced. If I do eventually determine this all a lie and come for you..." Sero paused, letting his words develop weight. "I will not need a blade. Let us put aside this gesture for now. You mention faith. I have never followed a religion but I have read a great deal on the subject. Usually zealotry goes hand in hand with it. Even now you tell me of four of these zealots. Tell me more of this Jashin and I will determine if I can associate with it or not."

On the air, Irui could taste the faintest notes of chakra; the heat of Fire and the fluidity, transformative nature of Water. Here and there, he found motes of elements on the humid air; it meant he'd said something to force this man to lose control of his icy calm. He wasn't as unbreakable as he believed himself to be. He couldn't determine the element itself; it was peculiar, vexingly so, but its appearance was all the more delicious. Only the fearful resorted to threats; it was primal, born of instinct, safeguarding the body against an enemy. His threats were born not of strength and confidence, but of fear that his talents and aura were not enough.

Good. Irui smiled, Very good. Only the fearful allow themselves to crack.

"Where to begin is the question," Irui said after a moment of reflection. "I have experienced things within the Church that cannot be explained by studies of Ninshuu. When I was found by the Church, I was an outcast from my clan; seen as a bastard and an outsider. The Church gave my training as a Shinobi reason." He pressed his hands together, overlapping and intertwining his fingers as he paused to choose his words carefully. He considered the things Mora had once said on their walks through the village and the Church; how she'd guided him towards his own understanding. "All Shinobi commit violence and suffering on one another, whether physical, spiritual, or political. So how do we break from this nonsensical world of violence?"

"Jashin teaches us to not fear the unknown and death. Death is the greatest unknown, the only truth, and the one thing that binds us all together. Whether you are from the Hidden Leaf, or the Hidden Cloud, death will come for us all. Jashin helps us understand the finality, the ultimate truth, and the fragility of life. Jashin teaches us how to experience a life without pain, breaking us free from suffering, and in so doing, achieving enlightenment of the flesh and soul."

He planted a finger on the dusty table, and worked a spot, then drew a circle around it.

"You described an aura that you cannot control-- yet here we are." Irui remarked, adding a second dot within the circle. "While I don't understand how you view it, I see it as a filter. A test if you will, to determine who has come to understand, respect, and overcome fear. Jashin teaches us to control, and harness that. Fear is natural, fear is the flesh and bone and soul grappling with the one truth of life. My faith in Jashin, tells me that if you were to kill me here, or in the future, that my sacrifice was necessary."

"Why?"

Irui let the question hand in the air as he continued to make points on the wood.

"Because death is natural. Shinobi by profession, deal in death, whether its good or evil, these are terms relative to the nation. Shinobi are both predators and prey to one another, and if it is our time to die on the battlefield, then our sacrifice is a necessary one-- our kills are good kills, because we are fulfilling a higher purpose."  

Delicately, he threaded lines between dots, interconnecting them  into a strange, mangled spider web. Each point was a soul interacting with another. Some continued in linear paths, others stretched out to many, some remained untouched.

"Those who were killed, were necessary; their death and suffering is part of the cycle." He lifted his finger off the table and rubbed it and his thumb together. "And just like that--" Irui parted them, "We are gone. Jashin allowed me--an outcast-- to understand my place in this chaotic world. Perhaps Jashin can help you in some way as well."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:50 pm

Sero would watch as the man began to speak. Drawing circles on the table between them as cold blue eyes would shift down to watch those drawings. The web was interesting but the words seemed to mean that death was the point. The meaning of life was to die. It was problematic and a bit depressing but death held purpose. To deal in death as Sero did was to have purpose. But what of the functions of the innocent that they sought to protect? To build their families and farm their lands. If he protected them from death did they in that case not serve a purpose? Of course he had never seen his aura as a filter before so openly. He didn't associate with those who could not bare his presence because he felt it was polite. It was interesting to think that only those who could overcome fear were worthy of this Jashin....as they had been worthy of the nightmare brigade. His words were confusing and Sero wondered how much of it was true. Was this madness or was it simply something he didn't understand? Religion had always evaded his interest as faith had. He held no faith in others only facts.

Still he would wipe it all away and Sero would shift those cold blue eyes back to the masked man. This man with the panda mask. He was interesting at least. Though his words were confusing and Sero was having difficulty following along with the purpose of this Jashin he could tell this panda man was passionate about it. Though so were these twins it seemed. So was there a correct answer? Was Jashin being followed correctly by these twins or was this one doing something differently? It was hard to tell from the discussion. He sounded as if he did not filter out innocent and wicked. Death was simply coming for all. It was their only truth and Sero would lean back in his seat. His back resting as he contemplated. Religion was perhaps the most terrifying construct to man. It gave the average man belief in a power beyond their own. Their faith leading them down another path. Giving them an excuse that their believes meant they should kill their neighbor. Take from non believers and prosecute them. Sero believed his purpose served his nation. He enforced laws without raw faith in some unseen. Perhaps it was the unseen that was the issue.

"Death is the only truth? Yet our kills are good kills...I wonder how easily one can choose to kill indiscriminately on those beliefs. Or if it even calls for it. When I kill I do so to protect those who can not. I do not hate those who can not kill for themselves even as they hate and fear me. Would this Jashin support the long lives of the innocent? Of those who would not pick up the sword but to live a life with different purpose? If one chooses to raise a family over going to war is he going against your god? If so is he meant to die for it? Where is this Jashin and how do I meet your prophet?"

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:20 pm

"Death is the only truth? Yet our kills are good kills...I wonder how easily one can choose to kill indiscriminately on those beliefs. Or if it even calls for it. When I kill I do so to protect those who can not. I do not hate those who can not kill for themselves even as they hate and fear me. Would this Jashin support the long lives of the innocent? Of those who would not pick up the sword but to live a life with different purpose? If one chooses to raise a family over going to war is he going against your god? If so is he meant to die for it? Where is this Jashin and how do I meet your prophet?"

Quite a lot of words, to end in a simple question.

Irui wiped his hands free of the dust, and folded them together atop the table. His masked brow inclined as he listened to Sero. He'd tossed a few interesting traps his way, but none that a Defender of the Faith would stumble into so blindly. Irui felt a stab of pain as the corner of his lip cracked as a smirk creased them.

"I never said anything about destroying innocents." Irui returned wryly, "Now you're putting words into my mouth." The panda mask tilted slightly. "Nor did I say our Church involved them.  Shinobi are not innocent-- we choose this line of work, perform work for our Kage, and perform our Nation's dirty work."

He sensed the man's patience was wearing thin. Perhaps the night was dragging on. Sero wanted rsults, he wanted to bear wtiness to the Church, its members and its supposed prophet. The twins were no Prophet of Jashin. He chewed the inside of his cheek at the thought of it-- of the two of them holding sway over its members; how they'd stolen the stage from Lady Ryuko no long ago and began wildly throwing about papers and declarations of treason. No, they were certainly not Prophets-- prophets did not feast on the civilians and their own flock.

"Prophet..." He said after a moment. "I hate that word. Only those who have experienced death and survived, to me, are worthy of the term. When you call someone a prophet, they think they understand their deity intimately. They preach from a book, I speak from experience. Yet I am not a prophet-- I am a Defender of the Faith. The siblings I speak of, liken themselves to prophets, but a prophet does not feed on their own civilians."

He averted his gaze out towards the landing pad.

"I do not know where Jashin exists, only what I have felt and experienced. I died, you see, or I should have been dead, and through Jashin I was brought back, as a reward for my perseverance.  I have worshipped in the Church and seen.... things; phenomena that I cannot explain with Ninshuu or Kuchiyose. Jashin may be something that we cannot perceive directly, only experienced."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Sero would listen but still he would not move or blink. He was a statue as those cold blue eyes took in this man. Someone who claimed to have died and been revived by this power. He would let his mind consider these things. There were two factions of the church. Almost equal in power. One side was controlled by a pair of twins and Shimiko. He didn't know much of the twins but Shimiko was a name of one of Kumos strongest. If they acted against her there would be losses. However the twins were murdering and consuming innocents so it could not be ignored. On the other side there was Ryuko and this masked man named Mamoru. Sero knew little of this Mamoru other than he had deft hands and a way of speaking. He said he had died and come back and this enforced his belief. That he had felt the power of this Jashin himself and knew it to be true...but did not know where Jashin was. Ryuko on the other hand was also a well known power house....but would she fight Shimiko if it came down to it? Was Mamoru just hedging his bets getting Kiri involved?

'Do not trust easily....Jashin is not to be underestimated.'

A whisper in his head made Seros head suddenly snap to the side as if he were listening to something. The first movement he had made in a while of any significance. The five tails was awakened since Sero accidentally tapped into its power. It knew of Jashin and the powers it wielded but not in depth. After all Jashin was another ancient power like itself. Sero would listen for a moment longer to no avail however. It spoke rarely and only when it wanted to. He had not found a way to properly communicate with it yet. Still he would take a moment before returning those cold blue eyes to the man across from him. For a moment Seros jawline would almost appear like black murky water as it showed his teeth through his closed lips before returning to normal with a growl. This one across from him could be playing him. Manipulating information. He would need to suggest Sayuri and Ryuko meet in order to determine truth. She had met Shimiko after all. Still there was one other thing crossing Seros mind. Having see those hands he wished for one other thing.

"Remove your mask Mamoru. If I am to believe any of this...it should not be from a masked man. Your faith protects you so you should not have to fear anything from me."

Stats

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Mamoru's masked face tilted slightly to the other side. He reached up to his mask, and shifted it slightly, and moved it away from his face. Much as Sero liked to believe, a conversation was never a one-way road with demands from the other party. In all relationships there must be give and take.

He peered over the white and black ceramic, with a single dark eye. Under the murky light, Sero might glimpse the side of his face. Slowly, he lowered his mask halfway, revealing the face of a mummy. A weave of white bandages criss-crossed over his face, and skull with openings around his eyes, mouth and nose. He smiled back at Sero. Bandages traveled down his neck and shoulders; a mask beneath a mask.

"Now now," He chided lightly, "You know that ANBU are not to remove our masks. It would be a grave breach of protocol." The mask returned over the rest of his face. "I tell you this information, as part of our ANBU division."

"I like you Sero, you are a man who questions the world around him; you seek answers and explanations, like myself. Jashin, as I've said, is an entity we merely perceive through the forces of life and death. Jashin is with us with every life we take and spare, it is there at our beginning, and at the end. But I sense that you desire proof of Jashin...."

He pushed himself away from the table, and treaded down the steps of the Pagoda, and onto the misted landing strip. Mamoru in his hooded robe turned back to Sero, his panda mask must have appeared almost comical. He gestured towards the empty landing strip with an open hand.

"Ruminate on it. We would welcome you, and your Brigade into our faith with open arms. Should you decide otherwise, faith cannot be forced, and I'll have still made a connection."

He turned, and began to pace away, but if Sero desired, he would continue to interact.

[Suggested exit]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Sero would watch with a cold never changing gaze. He never blinked once during their conversation and hardly moved. He was unnaturally still as Irui would reach up and push his mask slightly down. Revealing only bandages over his face. Claiming to be a member of the Anbu and that was where this source of information was from. Sero would listen in silence as the man spoke as if chiding him. Sero was the commander of a division that kept their identities hidden on mission for their own safety so he understood this much. However if he was intent on hiding his face...for protocol....his name was also likely false. Mamoru was just a code he was using. Still despite this the information was too critical not to report. He had some intel on a lot going on in Kumo that would require investigation. If Sayuri allowed it. It was possible this one wished to start another war. If that was the case than Sero would be a piece on the board to ignite it. Still the man would rise to leave and speak his farewells. Cold blue eyes would follow him as he left but made no move to follow.

So the source of the information was an ANBU from Kumo with severe burns and a follower of Jashin. A supposed tool to Ryuko and reporting criminal activities to Kirigakure. As Mamoru would leave the green lights would flicker out one after another in rapid succession and as if they had been a barrier holding it back a mist would roll in. Folding over Sero like a shadow as only those cold blue eyes would be seen glowing in the dark shadows. Watching him as if some wraith that may still come for him.

"We will likely meet again ANBU. I hope for both our sakes it is in good terms."

With that those blue hues faded into the mist and all sensation of the beast was gone. Faded away as Sero left as well. Having found a path away from the masses to the house on the hill far from others. Moving to this place provided for him and keeping an eye out for those following him. He was a threat and he knew it. Still he would reach his home and write a letter for Sayuri alone. Before sending it via messenger bat in the night.

To my queen

I have been approached by one who named himself Mamoru. Though I have reason to doubt this was his real name as he claimed to be ANBU from Kumo. His identifying marks are burns across his body and he is a follower of a religion known as Jashinism. He claims that there are those in our allied nation who commit atrocities in the name of this church. A pair known as the twins who consume the flesh of the innocent and a woman known as Shimiko. He claims to serve Ryuko in an effort to put an end to these crimes and yet he shared this information with me. I leave whatever our next steps are to you of course. Though I would like to investigate this further.

Commander Jakuuna Sero

exit thread
    10 posts = 200 exp

Stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am