Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Operation: Rotor Recall

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: A lot
    Class: S
    Ryo: Enough

Operation: Rotor Recall Empty Operation: Rotor Recall

Post by Diana Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:32 pm

The Indaina Kujira's wings are operated by a complex serials of dials, propulsion vents, and combustion engines. This  system is known as the Dialframe and it was designed to be impervious to the vast majority of Ninjutsu. Using the Dialframe, the Indaina Kujira can hover, float and fly. It can even enter space. While the Indaina Kujira charges up, its Dialframe is vulnerable. Dust Release can crack its surface, Scorch Release can rust and scald its vents beyond repair and Dark Release can foul up the combustion engines which draw power from the Gravity Matrix. Once the wings are badly enough damaged, use a set of chakra strings to infiltrate the inner section and turn the dials off. This will limit the beast's manuevrability and make more complicated forms of flight (super-sonic, space, teleportation, etc).

Objective: Break the Dialframe with an S-Rank Scorch, Dust, or Dark Release technique then use Chakra Strings to permanently cripple it

Ever since the sirens went off and she went towards the explosions, Diana's body continued so scream at her that the battlefield was not the place for her. Each step had taken a toll, each swing of the arm a struggle; so she made it so she didn't need to move. With the swiftness of a sparrow she made the C2 Clay Dragon and took off, taking a moment to prepare, going over the gear she had brought and making a pit stop to her temporary room, thankfully undamaged by the invasion to grab her belongings.

A minute later she was now wearing what several in her clans called the 'Command Uniform', and she wasn't going to disagree with that title anytime soon. She had her second in command Titania running coms back in Iwa, using the Tomestone Royal & Crystal Relay to prepare the Blast Corps & Crystal Braves in case this...thing decided that it had enough of the Heavenly Emporium and decided to strike Iwa instead. A few times she had landed to move people away from the battlefield, but she had mostly stayed in the air firing off shots with her Bolters & Lancers. Bringing her hand up to her linkpearl, she'd contact her gal on the ground.

"Titan, this is Ruby. Do we have a name for this thing yet? Over."

"This is Titan, and they're calling it a pain in the fucking ass Ruby, nothing's been able to harm that thing from what I've been told, but we just got information on ways we could damage it. Over."

"Roger, what do you have for me Titan? Over."

"I have a few areas you can assist in taking this beast down, but I will relay our best option right now. If we can take out those wings in some fashion we'll be able to buy the others more time to get away. Problem is that the critical area needs someone with a strong grasp on Dust, Dark, or Scorch release. You know anyone who fits that description? Over."

"Wilco, and I have just the person in mind. Keep me updated on any new findings. Out."

Lowering her hand she'd give a quick once-over with her sensory, and grumbled when she didn't immediately find the boy she was looking for. She was sure he'd be here though, a shinobi of his type didn't miss the opportunity to pass up a fight like this. Moving higher in the sky, she'd slide to the side of her dragon to get a better view of the chaos below. Even with her Eagle Eyed sight, the city below was a lot to take in. Shinobi fighting beasts she'd never seen before, shop owners trying to gather what they could before they had to evacuate at the last possible second, and the carnage of those who didn't get away in time.

It was a purge, just like Rini had predicted.

Still, it was clear not all hope was lost. The shinobi fighting were of several nations, and she could pick out a few of her own clansmen doing what they could to stall the assault. While none of them had quite the same capacity as her, the amount of jutsu they were outputting was impressive in their own right. She was extremely impressed with those of the Kotōshura, who were fighting in places that had already been destroyed, or using derivatives of the gauntlets Yui had once worn to focus their blasts to limit the destruction. What was even more impressive to her were those fighting with Konoha shinobi given the past. It wasn't many, sure, but if a greater threat was what they needed to put the past behind them for now, well she wouldn't argue against that.

It took her a few times straifing the sky before she found her him, but nothing escaped her sight. Down in the mass below she could see the distinct sight of a boy in a mask, not tired in the least as waves of enemies came after him. If what their fight in the ring was any indication of, he wouldn't tire anytime soon, but they had more important matters to attend to. She'd direct her dragon over and have them fire off three missiles towards his location, and once they got close they split apart to about 25m away from Irui in a triangle. It was likely cutting it a bit close in terms of their distance from him, but the shockwave probably would only feel like a breeze to him. Landing the dragon near him, she'd give a wave and yell out to get his attention.

"Get on loser, we are going Bijuu Hunting."

As soon as he'd get on she'd take off towards their target. At least her body wasn't screaming to run anymore.

185/185 CP
    Sensory Technique; 0.5 CP
    C2; 20 CP
    ➤17/20 Dragon missiles remain
    164.5/185 CP

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning, Water, Wind, Storm, Dark
    Ryo:

Operation: Rotor Recall Empty Re: Operation: Rotor Recall

Post by Irui Mikiri Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Chaos had smashed head long into the Heavenly Emporium. All it took was a crack in space, and all manner of horrors came rushing in to fill the void. They cam bursting inwards through the seam; a mass of limbs, gnashing teeth and weapons. Foot soldiers of an invading force. He'd felt their presence first in Okane's office, and again in his Shadow Clone witnessing a great flying structure. Now, Irui saw it with his own eyes-- a horde of beings from another land, maybe another plane entirely.

This is what Rini had discovered on her own, and what she'd tried to communicate with her dying gasp. She'd been so certain of subterfuge she'd carved that cipher into her rib. Irui found himself repeating the indelible cipher as he strode down the staircase of Okane's tower. "Opheucus, Nergal... Those weren't a coincidence!" He blurted as the sounds of clawing and banging grew louder.

He pulled back his sleeves, revealing bandaged hands. Perhaps this is what Mora had left him alive for, why Shimiko had blessed him; why the Church, despite all that horror had called him a Defender of the Faith. Through his mask, he down towards the first floor, at the barricaded door and Okane's Servants shoving furniture before it, in an effort to reinforce.

Lightning snapped and snarled in brilliant blue arcs from his fingers. Smoke coiled as the energy chewed through gauze and bandage, leaving his hands smoking and dripping ash. As he raced towards the nearest opening, he wasted little time weaving handseals.

"Water Style--"

As Irui leapt from the second floor, the air twisted in his wake, water coalesced, and as he rolled it exploded violently. A column of water burst forth and unraveled; surging forward as a great flood that collided with the invaders, ripped them from the ground and sent them sprawling. Electricity followed in savage pursuit-- finding conduits easily-- it spidered through the flood, puncturing armor, flesh and ravaging bone. No more was Irui the child being thrown and immolated; this resurrection had turned him into a force of nature, and he found himself grinning.

A keening note split the air, and three explosions hit the area with the finality of a meteor strike; powerful artillery from above. He leaned into the blast, bracing himself against the flame and force. If his own combination didn't kill them all, that attack succeeded.

He looked up to a familiar woman riding a pale dragon.

"Get on loser, we are going Bijuu Hunting."

"What?!" He sputtered and pointed at the mass of bodies as he climbed. "That counts as an assist!" He took his position on the massive clay dragon; finding it spongier than he'd expected. What an interesting jutsu. Again, here she was displaying immense power with Earth Style. "So intel confirms this is an actual Bijuu? This must be what Rini had been warning us about!"

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:04 pm

Diana briefly paused as she listened to the Dark user, thinking of how to respond to him. She had expected a 'thank you' or 'glad you're here', but not that. Then she thought about it some more, and realized that the previous assumption was ridiculous. Their bout before this should have made it clear he took pride in how a battle went down, and here she was thinking he'd act out of his nature. That didn't mean she didn't have a response for him though, and quickly reeled herself back to the task at hand. "Take the credit if you want to, unless we beat this thing I doubt it will matter much."

The dragon taking off towards their target, she'd do another scan of the battle below as she responded to his question. "Worse. While it is not easy to see without training, I can conform that that thing is an artificial entity that has the same if not more power then an actual Bijuu. As for Rini's hints, she was correct about the assault, but if she had known about the beast we had not parsed that info." Looking at the battlefield she saw that it was not quite as grounded as before. Pieces of buildings & stalls were starting to float up, with shinobi & invaders fighting on them. It was like a scene from one of her fantasy books ripped right of if the pages and placed in front of her for all to see.

She felt a buzz on her arm, and instantly recognized it as a call on her tomestone royal. Raising her hand to her linkpearl, she was quiet for a few seconds as she listened to Titania before responding. "This is Ruby, and I found the candidate. Send me the rundown on the Royal and Device 3. Over." A few seconds more, and then she lowered her hand. Pulling out a tomestone she'd press a few buttons before handing it to Tatewari. If he looked at the device, after a few seconds it's show him a rundown of the impromptu mission he had just signed up for.

"Here is mission brief, let us make this quick. We need to slow this monster down, and what little information we've gleamed from those who were able to get in close is that Dark Release can mess up our target, a Dialframe which controls the wings of this beast." She'd draw with her finger in the back of the clay dragon's back the rough outline of their target. "If you can damage it with your strongest attacks, I should be able to permanently disable it as this thing shows signs of having puppet-like properties. Any other questions refer to the devise, I have someone trying to keep our knowledge updated whenever they find out more information. One moment."

Pulling out one of her Guren Hanarete she'd quickly aim it at a puppet that was trying to climb a building, not taking any risks of them trying to jump onto her dragon. As soon as she saw it drop, she'd begin reloading the strange crossbow and turning the crank on the side so it could fire again. "Apologies, back to what I was saying. We do not completely know what will happen when we turn off the Dialframe, but it will at least buy us time. If you have any other questions, either refer to the mission statement or you will need to figure it out yourself." She knew the final sentence was a bit cold and blunt, but they didn't have time to sugarcoat it. Already she could see the beasts & mercenaries having taken notice of her again, and were now navigating the floating debris to move in on them, but the beast itself still looked occupied, so they had some time at least till shit hit the fam. How much time though, well she wasn't sure yet.

164.5/185 CP
    C2; 20 CP
    164/185 CP

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:00 am

Irui settled in behind Diana as they took flight and climbed into the air. The dragon's clay wings were lighter than he'd imagined, easily finding purchase with their almost feather-like quality. The wind whipped past them as they skirted the rooftops. Below them the streets had transformed into rivers of limbs, flame and battle cries and perhaps had Okane regretting his decision to lower the Emporium's defenses.

After a moment of silence, she twisted around and displayed her tomestone. A tactical readout of the mission immediately leapt into view, and she carefully explained over the roaring wind. Without wasting words, she procured a weapon, cocked it, and and cut down a puppet spidering across the rooftops towards them. Irui watched it crumple under her shot, and slide down the rooftop into the street to join the others.

"Those puppets might be valuable. Not for parts but for intel. If those puppets are part of this so-called Bijuu, we might be able to exploit them." He swayed with the dragon as it shifted in the air currents, and focused his gaze on the approaching Indaina Kujira. Even from here, the beast was truly massive; a great winged beast.

"If its a Bijuu--" He turned away as a cross wind drowned his words. "Bijuu are said to have incredibly dense bodies. Their skin, hair, bones, its all chakra and it becomes more dense the closer to their cores. Its all theoretical; few people have seen one alive outside a Jinchuuriki. They're supposed to be difficult to wound even with restricted techniques. My point-- Lets assume this beast is a close approximation of the real thing. Are you certain you can crack its exterior?"

He lightly patted the dragon's clay back.

"I'll be able to siphon off massive amounts of its chakra. Shadow Clones should accelerate the process. This beast also has plenty of moving parts, and the more parts there are, the easier a puppet is to break. You might be able to cause additional damage on the interior-- or grab some souvenirs." He added wryly.

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Diana gave a small nod when Tatewari suggested they try to capture some of the opposing forces.
    "I have thought about that, and I agree with you there. I brought along some scrolls to try to capture a few myself as they could be key in turning this fight around." She'd reach into the dragon's back, and after a few seconds pulled out a decently sized scroll for her ally to see before pushing it back in. "Hopefully they will give us insight like you said, but if not I am sure we can use them for something more useful." Truthfully she hadn't planned on capturing them during this cobbled together attack on the beast, really just having stored a bunch of her gear in the dragon for convenience, but it was something she could work with.

Even with the wind blowing, she could hear him speak, and silently mused on his words. From a glance she could tell this thing wasn't made of pure chakra, though it definitely was radiating something malicious. To her eyes it looked more like a mix between a construct and a living being, a Biomechanical beast. Maybe it was more of a Biomystical creature instead if he was right about the chakra density? Something she'd need to look into when they got closer. "I doubt I would be about to properly take this out even if I used the Korikane & Kotōshura's strongest techniques one right after the other. A few of my kinsmen have tried to damage it, but outside of a few elements showing scratches, it has shown no signs of being properly hurt yet. That is why I am hoping you know a way to offensively use your element." Sure, she wasn't a member of Kumo, but she had heard of the Mikiri's ability to release a blue, firelike jutsu. Maybe they wouldn't need it though and that his ability to suck in chakra would be good enough.

Her mind went back to the comment Tatewari made over the beast's possible makup. "I do not think its physical form is made the same way as a bijuu would be. If that were the case I would assume that someone would have tried to seal it away to turn it into an artificial jinchuriki. And before you ask no, I am not going to try my prototype seal that you helped refine on it. " Even with his help, she was still no closer to having it finished. Sure she had a prototype version of the seal placed on her back, but that was to make sure that the resonance between her and the seal would actually work. No, they wouldn't be able to rely on her sealing skills for this.

She'd grip her dragon harder as she saw their target location without the need for her eagle eye. "We are about to engage, I hope you are ready, Tatewari Mikiri, and may the Sage lead us to victory."

164.5/185 CP
    C2; 20 CP
    163.5/185 CP

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:10 am

"We are about to engage, I hope you are ready, Tatewari Mikiri, and may the Sage lead us to victory."

The beast was massive; a hulking construct of interlocking metal plates that stretched into vast wings conjoined through an insectoid body. Such an intricate carapace gave it the illusion of life, but here and there the eye caught escaping vapors, flares, and pistons. A great machine, unlike anything, or anyone, had ever produced.

There is no god.... Irui recollected, from Rini's clue, I alone stand above the heavens. She was referring to a constellation, no, the SHIRA agent had been onto something early on yet he didn't press further. It truly was a superweapon after all, and a marvelous one.

He studied the exterior, his eyes darting to the fiery emissions erupting here and there alongside moving panels. Then he followed their angles, coming to rest on a conical flame near the base of the beast's spine. Irui glanced down at Diana's dragon, to its back and wings, how each powerful wingbeat was followed by a movement from its spine and tail. The wings provided thrust, the body adjusted its path. With the Indaina Kujira, and so many thrusters igniting, there had to be a service hatch somewhere.

He leaned forward, watching the panels move. Nothing this massive could be maintained without a crew. Besides, he wagered, any puppetmaster worth their salt had ways to access their machine. This beast was simply a puppet-- a very expensive one at that.

"I'm ready. I think we'll find soft-points nearest to the joints there--" He pointed suddenly,  to a section along the back. Blue plates slid back, then closed over a dull grey undersection, marked with a circular hatch. Irui pulled his hood forward, and adjusted his outfit. "Lets give it's Engineers something to cry over," He quipped.

[ I was going to have Irui just jump onto the beastie, lemme know if you want edits]

-----

Sensory Technique 0.5 CP
    Remaining CP: 260 - 0.5 = 259.5

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:27 pm

Up close, Diana had a different opinion on the beast. While yes, it was clearly artificial in origin, there were sounds that it gave off not unlike a living beast that she could pick up on. It was quieter and muffled by the mechanical musical, yes, but they were still there to reinforce her thoughts of it being a synthetic organism. Really, it was a shame that she wasn't able to study it under peaceful conditions, but they didn't have that luxury, the time for that long past. No, she'd just have to study it the old fashion way; piece by piece as they tore it apart.

All in all, she was giddy despite the sheer terror this thing gave off.

As soon as Tatewari spoke up, Diana's eyes tracked to where he was pointing. "Good eye. And if you need to contact me, use the tomestone. May the Sage guide us to victory." She was quite impressed with his ability to pick out the weak spot as quickly as he did, likely having to do with his time on the battlefield. Flying towards the hatch, She'd finish cranking her crossbow and aimed it at some puppets on the beast's surface. The dragon's wings straightened as they began to glide, it's mouth opening in preperation. "Get ready to jump." No emotion, no hesitation. It was go time.

"Steady." Four mini dragon rockets were fired out, doing a circle to flank it's parent like a flock migrating south.

"Steady..." Her pointer was placed on Guren Hanarete's trigger, the sounds of the gears about to turn like music to her ears.

"NOW."

Immediately the four dragons would break off as they went over the beast. She didn't have time to check if Tatewari had jumped, the dragon would begin flying and turned left in a wide arc, allowing her to see the back of the beast in it's full glory. The miniature dragons would impact other, less guarded plates on the beasts where she saw puppets guarding the ports. With her Guren Hanarete, she'd begin unloading the weapon, each shot at puppets that she could already see approaching from wherever the hell they were being spawned from. Quickly she ran out and shoved the empty weapon into her beast, pulling out her second crossbow, already fully loaded for her to shoot with. She just needed them to focus on her for right now, the more they focused on her, the more damage Tatewari could do before she could finish the job.

Seemed simple enough, she just wasn't sure where the hiccups would come in.

163.5/185 CP
    C2; 00 Cp upkeep
    ➤13/20 Dragon missiles remain
    163/185 CP

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:41 pm

"Get ready to jump!"

But her voice was already dopplering away, consumed by the rushing wind as he plummeted from her dragon, and another was rapidly rising to meet him. Irui pinned his arms to jhis sides, his legs straight, body like an arrow as he flew. The wind whipped his hook and cloak savagely but he didn't dare look down at the landscape sprawling far below him.

Four smaller dragons broke formation and cut in ahead of him, moving at unnatural speeds they hurtled towards the Indaina Kujira's teal skin. No sooner had he jumped, had the Indaina responded in kind, he realized-- Its surface is crawling! He realized, cracking a wild grin. From below the beast's armor plating, dozens of puppets were slipping spindly limbs from crevices; prying themselves to the top where they spilled out and brandished weapons.

"Its perfect!" Irui cried and splayed fingers to deploy chakra threads.

Sharp, blinding flashes of light splattered across the wing as the dragon's smashed headlong and detonated immediately; releasing a sweeping shockwave that swept the puppets aside and tossed them to the wind.

Irui's strings gained purchased, snatching him from the sky with a sharp pull that sent fire racing through his upper arms and shoulders. He yelled out and promptly hit the paneling with an audible smack. Swearing he gathered his legs beneath him, withdrew his strings and made a sprint for the exposed hatch at the beast's wing joint. Over the roar of wind he could scarcely hear the clang! of Diana's own fire picking off the puppets advancing across the wing-- he kept his focus solely on the hatch ahead, and magnetized himself to the metallic surface with chakra. His blood and heart pumped as he accelerated and lengthened his stride, bobbing and weaving around flailing mechanical limbs and torsos.

Almost there-- almost--! He dove into the opening as the wing flexed, flashing gunmetal grey interior, and rolled to his feet, pressing his back to the angled surface. Hot air gushed from vents lining the catwalk. Red lights winked in the metal ceiling, pistons fired somewhere off in the dark.

Yeah... He told himself, eyeing the machinery This is just a puppet. A giant puppet!

Irui's fingers waved again, deploying chakra threads that latched onto the emergency hatch, and began working their way into the joints, pints and hinges. Here and there he found spaces to maneuver into-- crevices, mechanisms-- twitching his fingers and moving them. Soon, with a flex here, and there, he made a twisting motion with one hand, a pulling with the other, and the door fell to pieces, lock, frame and all.

"Lets see your old bones do that," He said to no one in particular, as the corridor exhaled hot air onto him. Rows of emergency lights glinted back, like some sort of luminescent beast. Irui drew his hands to his chest, forming a cross-shaped hand-seal that snapped a Shadow Clone into existence. The hooded doppelgänger nodded back to him and moved at breakneck pace.

Irui steeled himself, watching his mirror image disappear down a side corridor. It wasn't until he had stepped into the beast itself that he'd been able to fully appreciate it. The horrible, pervading chakra that oozed, blood-like, from this creation. He ran his tongue of his teeth and swallowed bitterly; he could even taste it-- an acrid, sour note on his taste buds. It was heavy, oppressive, almost humid.

He could feel the reaction in his Shadow Clone as well. Both were biting back nausea.

"Its like Sero's Aura-- " He murmured, "Like the Twins--" He swallowed again, trying to wash it back with saliva.  

"Yeah--yeah I know!" He snapped aloud, and jerked his head. "Fuck--Just shut up! That Dialframe isn't far!". Irui bit back the mental convulsion, coiled chakra beneath his feet, and sprinted after the shadow clone, ducking down an access chute, and through a series of doors; keeping an eye out for enemies, with handseals weaving. Another right took them down a catwalk flanked by thrumming pipes, then pistons, and great churning joints and bellows. The air grew thicker with the scent of grease and hot metal. There was electricity in the air--ionization-- that pricked the nose and only added to the stench of the machine's aura.  They were close, twisting and winding now towards the heart of the beast, moving at speeds that only Shinobi could achieve--

"STOP!!" Mora's voice rang out into his head.

Irui slid to a stop, locking his forward foot as he did, and ducked into a nook between a support column and ventilation. The beast's innards groaned, and hummed around him. It seemed to breath. Its innumerable pipes and pistons, the veins and tendons, flexed and bulged. He felt the cool metal beneath them, listening for chakra. Light pulsed from below, throwing oblong shadows across the interior. Something slithered.

Ram-sign

--A horrible shuddering and clicking sounded from the dark. Shrieking metal followed, as bloody optics burned from void-like sockets. A crude mandible chattered upon jagged alien teeth. Irui's eyes widened as its polarized onmyodo-drives whirled to life in its chest, and insectoid limbs articulated. It grasped the floor and wall, and heaved itself to life.

Shit!

The xenomachine screeched, bristling with wild blades. Light and fluid seeping from its jaws.

"WATER STYLE!"

----

Sensory 0.5
    Shadow Clone (60) - Sensory (0.5) = 59.5
    Remaining Stamina: 199

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:06 pm

The sound of Tatewari's landing was rather annoying, as he likely made it a little harder for himself jumping early, but that didn't exactly matter now. No, what occupied her sight was the puppets that were using the gravity well to try and reach her position as she flew about. Even this far from the base of the Emporium she was surprised to find the range of its altered gravity to reach as far as it was, but they were in unknown territory. Best she could assume was that Okane was one of the few living people who understood how it worked, and even then she couldn't be sure of that given her own creations. Sometimes one just made an Eldritch Machine and prayed that their understanding is enough that it won't cause unexpected harm.

She'd fire two more rounds fired off at the approaching puppets, their bodies falling off the floating platforms to their likely destruction. None of them had gotten close, and while she was prepared to fight them in melee combat, she was hoping to hold that off until the last moment. Looking below she could see Tatewari enter the beast's hatch. Pressing a few buttons on her tomestone royal, she'd begin a countdown. Hopefully he'd exit before the timer went off, but if not, well that was something to worry about later.

Firing off a few more dragon missiles, she'd watch as more puppets came out of the woodwork to try and stop them and oh god one was about to jump onto her dragon. Time felt like it was slowing down, and she quickly thought up a new plan. with her free hand she'd unclip one of her Tekko and slam it into the offending puppet's face, the sound of wood cracking like music to her ears even if the impact hurt. She'd then bring her Hanarete down on a leg joint before bringing the tekko down onto it's chest next. The puppet folded like a bad poker hand, and before it fell off she tried to stop it's fall, but the weight combined with their rapid movement proved to be just a bit too much for her, forcing her to let it fall to the ground below before cursing out loud.

"Next time. Next time I will catch one of them."

Reaching into the dragon she'd pull out a small scroll and place an enclosing seal onto it with her chakra ink, setting it into her side bag before putting on the other tekko. She knew that this wasn't going to be an easy fight, but by the Sage she hadn't expected to learn how to fire one of her weapons while wearing more in the fly.

Hopefully her ally was having more luck down below.

163/185 CP
    C2; 0 CP upkeep
    ➤10/20 Dragon missiles remain
    162.5/185 CP; Main

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 pm

The Narrator: "He wasn't".

A scream ripped itself from scarred vocal cords as a triplet of corkscrew knives plunged into Irui.

The mechanical beast drove its weight forward with screech, ramming him against the wall, wrenching another gasp from him.

Irui groaned as the vorpal blades twisted, churning against muscle. Sickening crack after crack of splintering bone, sent lightning and fire coursing through his veins and brain. His world shuddered, flickering red and black. Desperately, he gripped the white hot blades, smelled his flesh cook and boil.

The mechanical xenobeast loomed over him, gnashing its fishbone nail-teeth. Its head cocked left and right, chattering to itself as it admired its handiwork.

A hand shot from the dark.

"Dark Release, Singularity!"

The machine turned, burning eyes flickering towards the voice. It chattered once, and spied a glowing diamond in the dark, burning like a coal. With a gutteral, fluid-drenched scream it turned on the voice, flashing energy-veiled blades. It stepped once, twice, and with a thundercrack, hit the ground as its chakratic core saw the life carved from its corpse.

Irui stepped over the oblong creature, looked to his Doppelganger which slumped against the wall. His mirror-image in took shallow, ragged breaths through clenched teeth. With a dismissive wave of his hand, the diamond-mark on his palm consumed the shadow clone. He stood alone in the Indaina's artery for a moment, listening to how the beast groaned and vibrated. The dead beast's chakra coursed through him, sliding through his veins. A strange taste curdled on the back of his throat-- bitter, foul, like raspberries and copper.

Somewhere far above, the thunder of an explosion resonated through the Indaina's frame. Lights spasmed and strobed.

"No-- No-- She doesn't. Diana's just... perceptive, you saw what I saw." Irui whispered in the darkening corridor. "This is my power-- I did this...." He felt his way forward now, extending his Sensory range. "She can't have it-- Won't have it."

He placed his hand upon the core's hatch. Chakra threads unspooled from his finger tips as glowing filaments, snaking across the metallic exterior. Like before, he wormed them into crevices and latches, flexing here and there; applying pressure and twisting on the pins and bolts. With a groan the hatch came free, disassembling itself and falling to pieces. Brilliant white light spilled into the corridor and Irui emerged from the black hallway, almost coalescing from it as a shadow.

Before him, hovered the Dialframe, bound in place by a massive gyroscopic contraption. Ring encasing ring within ring. From these orbiting structures, more and more rings spun around one another and spheres. The Dialframe shifted, turned and pivoted on its axis, thundering as it sent surges of alien energy into massive siphons-- a great xeno-engine.

With a crosse handsign, another Shadow Clone popped into existence, followed by a second.

"We're going to siphon chakra off the Dialframe," Irui announced. "We'll cut chakra off before it reaches the combustion engines; this will stall its advanced and disrupt its movements. With no chakra getting to the outside, it should enter free-fall. We'll then direct the energy back onto the Dialframe to cripple it. Understood?" He said, glancing to his doppelgangers.

Silently the two clones broke off at breakneck pace, scaling the superstructure until they came to form a triangle formation around the dialframe.

Irui procurred the tomestone from his pocket, and clicked it.

"Diana, I'm in position. I need you to do something-- Engage the beast so that it draws power from its core and expels it. We'll siphon off energy from the Dialframe. With no chakra going to its propulsion or defenses, I should be able to cripple the dialframe and destroy its propulsion."

_____

Beginning Total: 258 (First clone returned)
    Dark Release: Singularity (-5, +30)
    Assuming the Xenobeast Puppets have chakra, I'm giving them a pool of 30 points; 30 is the minimum for Shadow Clones.

Sensory -0.5
    258 / 3 = 80 for Shadow Clone Division
    Irui: 178 + 10 = 188
    Clone 1: 40 + 10 = 50
    Clone 2: 40 + 10 = 50

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Making another sweep over the wings of the beast, she'd feel the use of Dark release down below, yet after a few seconds of not hearing from Tatewari, she figured he hadn't reached the Dialframe yet. Preforming an uppercut into a new Xeno-puppet that had appeared, she'd catch it this time, and with movements that would likely impress the Arts & Theatre Guild, she'd use a fee hand to form the Ram seal, the small scroll sucking up the puppet for study later. And later it would have to be as she nearly fell off of her dragon thanks to another puppet landing on her dragon. There was no end to these things! With a mental command the Dragon would preform an aileron roll, Diana using her chakra to stay on as the enemy fell off. How much longer did that child need??

Her answer came soon enough in the form of a familiar voice. He was in position; good. Her plan was working so far. She hadn't however, expected his request. He wanted her to do WHAT? "That is insane, you understand that, right?" She was about to go into a rant, but she gave pause, her mind conjuring up images of all the ways this could go wrong. Burned alive, shocked into oblivion, pulverized by rock. Pure oblivion. And that was just some of what could happen. And hen she recalled those below. They were counting on the shinobi here. On her, a ninja who didn't deserve to be called as such. A woman who they considered their leader. It was only a few seconds of silence, but she eventually spoke up again, a rare steel in her voice. "I...I will do it. Let me know immediately when you cripple the dialframe so that I may join you. I would prefer to take out these new feelings on the beast personally rather then you for this new madness you have given me."

Commanding the dragon to dive down she'd force those pursuing her to take a new route, her destination towards the front of the beast. Her body was shaking again, but before when it was tring to make her run out of fear, now it was a primal terror she was trying to talk herself into fighting head-on, if only for a short time. "Yeah, yeah we can do this. It is just the first time we have willing put ourselves into this much danger! Again! To many agains!" She wanted to scream at the absolute bullshit she was flying towards. Rationally she knew he was right, they had to do this to give themselves an opening, but still! Instead she'd take a deep breath; inhaling slowly, if albiet like a vacuum turned on and off rapidly; held the breath for three seconds because her life really depended on it; and then exhaled, calm like the eye of a storm. "We can do this. Whatever happens...we shall not fall this day. Not yet."

Making a Tiger seal she'd make a doppleganger of herself, and got do work. Diana would dig into her bag and used her kinjutsu to make a new clay dragon, of which the clone immediately jumped to once formed. The clone would stand on the new clay dragon as her previous C2 deploy a small fleet of clay dragons from it's C2, nine on it's left and right with one above and below. The old dragon would fall apart, it's structural integrity failing as she maintained the rest of the technique; jumping to her new dragon and climbing up on top. She'd then dismiss the clone before making one final hand sign, fittingly the Dragon seal. It was perhaps the most foolish technique she had ever learned, yet in this moment, as the ball of light formed in her hand she understood it's usefulness. She held her pointer finger out to the sky, and fired the Flair technique into the sky as her mini-dragons flew to their target; the face of the beast itself.

The ball of light soared skyward for several seconds, and the world felt like it was getting louder and louder. Then, the world went silent to her as the flare burst into a rainbow of colors. The draconic missiles would hit, and the Indaina Kujira roared; it's approximation of eyes turning to look in Diana's direction. She felt like an ant among a god knowing what it could do, but her instincts told her what that sound was; a challenge. So she returned it's call with a war-cry of her own as she readied herself.

"ИДИ К ЧЕРТУ! COME AND GET ME YOU FLYING BUCKET OF BOLTS!"

The stars of energy forming along the beast's body were all the indication she needed that she had it's full attention, if only for just this moment.

Time to make it count.

162.5/185 CP
    C2; 0 CP upkeep
    ➤0/20 Dragon missiles remain
    Shadow Clone; split CP
    (Clone) Enclosing Technique; 3 CP
    C2; 20 CP
    ➤20/20 Dragon missiles remain
    Flare gun technique; -3 CP
    End Shadow Clone technique
    136/185 CP

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:43 am

"Dark Release--"

Hands raised, and Mikiri diamond-seals ignited.

"--Singularity!"  They barked in unison, as the Dialframe illuminated with a tremendous volume of energy. Thunder rumbled in its core, rising to a deafening crescendo before it howled, choked and faltered. With a groan, the dialframe  fractured, and shimmering chakra geysered from its side once, twice, and thrice.  He reached out, grasping it with his bare hand as it contorted, corkscrewed and spiraled into an star-like point in his palm.

He braced himself, locking his forward foot with his arm outstretched. The beast's chakra roared against his hand, vibrating into nothingness as the Mikiri's mark devoured it. It hit his chakra-network like water; a river of power flowing through him and crashing into a well deep within. He could feel it in his Shadow Clones as well; a shared realization of the awesome power they were restraining. Carefully he raised his his free hand to his chest, and folded his fingers into the Tiger-Seal.

Steadily, as he felt the flow of energy stabilize, he let his eyes flick to the lights and dials, watching them sputter and darken.  

"Clones, now." He ordered, and with flashes of smoke, two more Shadow Clones spawned from the originals burst into few and began shearing chakra from the Dialframe. A sickening, metal sound resounded through the Indaina;  a wrenching guttural sound of a wounded beast as it hemorrhaged chakra into its Dialframe core. Over the thundering of the Signularity's they could feel it in the vibrations of the floor-- the beast was growing quiet.

Outside, Diana would see the vents across the Indaina suddenly sputter and quiet; the chakra roaring towards the surface suddenly evaporating with all of its fury, exhaling only hot air as the beast's chakra seemed to flicker and die. Now, now was her time to act; the beast was bleeding energy profusely

_______
    Sensory (0.5) = 187.5
    Dark Release Singularity (-5): +30
    Stamina w/DRSl: 212.5
    Mikiri Clan reference Absorption is taking a full turn. Assuming Irui is absorbing 1 S-rank amount of chakra per Singularity, Irui will absorb 180 points of chakra per turn at this rate.

Shadow Clones

Shadow Clone 1: 50 to 1a = 25
    Dark Release Singularity (x1) (-5, +30)
    Stamina w/ DRS: 50

Shadow Clone 2 : 50 to 2a = 25

Shadow Clone 1a: 25

Shadow Clone 2a: 25

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Just as the beast began to light up, several began to flicker, and with her eagle eyed sight she could see whatever was going to come out of those ports weren't going to reach her, let alone fire for the time being as she heard the sounds of the beast's flight turn into a glide. Shame that even as it happened a few shots did go off, and the Crystal Queen had to engage in evasive maneuvers. Beams of many kinds of elements shot forth, Diana having to swerve left and right to not let her dragon take any unnecessary damage. Thankfully after several seconds what attacks had been fired off had slowed, and yet she knew the false bijuu has it's gaze still on her as she witnessed puppets leaped from the beast to try and get to her. They fell upon her like a wave of wood & metal, but she was ready. Pulling one hand back as she made her way to the head of her dragon, she'd grin and softly speak.

"Greater Blast Strike."

She'd thrust the hand forward and release the build-up chakra, a large explosion expelling from the fist and blowing a hole in the wave of puppets coming down. Quickly making her way through the opening, she'd wonder to herself if this is what Yui felt whenever she fought. Perhaps the adrenaline spiking through her was what all of those in her bloodline craved, while her crystal family used it to temper themselves. Perhaps, just perhaps when she regained her medical knowledge she'd be able to know.

Thankfully her return trip to the hatch upon the wings were less problematic, the majority of the combatants having jumped off to try and stop her, and those that were still there easily disposed of with a dragon missile or four. She knew that it was only a moment's reprieve and that she'd need to make the most of it, but the ability to let go of the metaphorical breath was nice enough. The dragon would slow down just enough that she could jump off safely, then took back to the skies for their escape later. While Diana knew she could make another one like she had before, she had no reason to waste the chakra she still had left.

Opening the hatch, Diana forced herself to not take in the exemplary craftsmanship before her, only taking in enough to understand where she needed to go next. Even if she wanted to study it. And disassemble it. And learn how it was able to resist so many attacks. No, she'd just have to settle on studying the frame as she deactivated it. And then like an unseen hammer the full weight of the beast's rancid chakra hit her. She knew that the beast was aware she had made it inside, and it was angry. Holding a hand to her mouth, she'd run down the hallways, using both her sensory & the line of destruction likely left by her companion to get to the dialframe. By the time she had arrived to see Tatewari, her face was a few shades paler as she wiped off some unmentionable liquids that were on her lip. "Guard me, and prepare to clear a path through as soon as I disable it." Moving past the many copies of Tatewari, she'd begin forming chakra strings onto the the tips of her fingers. The soft whips of chakra then shot forth and into the Dialframe for her to analyze & deactivate.

Meanwhile, up above the beast her dragon flew, giving the duo some more time to finish up their job.

136/185 CP
    C2; 0 CP upkeep
    ➤16/20 Dragon missiles remain
    Greater Blast Strikes; 5 CP
    Chakra Strings Technique; 5 CP
    125.5/185 CP

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:04 pm

Irui barely paid Diana mind as she bounded into the Dialframe's chamber.

He kept his arm steady, and stance rooted. Tendrils of rumbling chakra continued to unravel from the machinery, as if a great storm were unspooling and twisting into his hand. The more of this foul energy he and his shadow doppelgangers continued to devour, the more the beast continued to choke and bleed. He kept his senses attuned to the beast's inner workings-- system by system it was diverting its resources towards its wings. Here and there, a backup power cell switched on, immediately flooding intake lines with stale chakra, only for it to evaporate.

This was what they meant, he realized. What all those years of secrecy had led him towards. The beast's energy, once powering a massive alien construct was being consumed, by something greater. The diamond-mark blazed fiercely in his palm, snarling with bloody light. Contained somewhere, within that space, an event horizon twisted the Beast's life-force into an immeasurably brilliant starlight point.

This is what it was for--!!

The chakra roared to a deafening crescendo in his ears, resonating through his arm and chest, beating with his own heart, spiraling inwards into his own core. He set his eyes on the pulsating machinery, with its cold light violently throwing the blackest of shadows. Here and there, Mora's form flickered and leapt from the dark, her face sculpted from pale light and dials. Another wild contortion of light, and her chin hovered over his shoulder.

--All those tests and punishments--

He felt the beast shudder, a sharp recoil across its insides. Perhaps it knew pain, knew that it was bleeding internally. By now, with Diana's surgical dismantling, and his exsanguination from the Dialframe, he knew what the beast knew-- It was wounded. Irui closed his eyes, and directed his attention inward, to the river of energy coursing through him. His bloodline was devouring the creature with horrifying ferocity and speed, and its hunger seemed bottomless--

"Diana," He sad suddenly, "I'll keep the Dialframe restrained. My clones and I will use this chakra to clear our way back to the exterior."

Sensory (0.5) = 187
    Dark Release Singularity (-5): +30
    Stamina w/DRSl: 237
    Mikiri Clan reference Absorption is taking a full turn. Assuming Irui is absorbing 1 S-rank amount of chakra per Singularity, Irui will absorb 180 points of chakra per turn at this rate.

Judgement: 360 CP spread across clones. [2]
    + 180, Turn 1
    + 180, turn 2

Shadow Clones

Shadow Clone 1: 50
    Stamina w/ DRS: 75

Shadow Clone 2 : 50

Shadow Clone 1a: 50

Shadow Clone 2a: 50

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:22 pm

As Diana made her initial probing to understand what she was working with, she heard the voice of her ally speak up, and even with the horrible miasma of emotions & roaring of biomystical machinery making it difficult to hear, she could make out the general gist of what he said. "Very well, I will leave that to you then." Before turning back to the machine, knowing what she was to be working against. The best way Diana would have been able to describe the Dialframe was that of a perplexus marble maze, inside of a spherical rubix cube, all rotated with gears moved around with just your toes. That was the sort of feeling unraveling this marvel of technology was, but she didn't have the time to dream right now. Extending her chakra threads farther, she'd begin the deactivation process.

'Closer.'

She began with moving the key, or 'marble' around the grid, as she quickly realized that while the dialframe did have several 'keys', none of them except the manual one she was working with now could turn it off. Several keys were chakra signature specific, and while she could mimic other signatures without the knowledge of who the signature was, she couldn't trick the machine into deactivating. Another key was based off a riddle, one of which was clearly a personal one and leading her to the same issue as the chakra signatures. She could guess, but she didn't want to know what a wrong answer would bring to the table. Finally, outside of the key she was trying to use at the moment, there was a really strange key she almost dismissed. It was physical keyhole, and she had briefly considered making a crystal key, the required makeup of they key needed was with materials she didn't know even existed. Truly, this beast was alien.

'Closer...'

So she had to rely on moving the final key around the maze. She'd turn dials for many different functions. Some dials controlled the chakra mixture of Raiton to Katon; another dial controlled the hidden ailerons the beast could use to quickly turn. She didn't touch a dial that just screamed 'just try me'. Given the beast had just teleported in like it was nothing, she was pretty sure that affected said teleportation, and she didn't want to know whether she could survive it or not given the lack of solid study within Jikūkan. So she just moved it to the lowest setting on there, hoping that any attempts it would make would fail. Eventually though, she'd find a switch she hadn't expected to see in the slightest: A dial that would let her pull out the key she needed to turn the main dial. It was a lucky break, and she turned that key dial like there was no tommorow.

"GOT IT!"

Pulling out a small metal 'key' radiating a strange chakra that Diana instantly recognized as made of tetsudashi steel, the twin bloodliner would shove the metal cube into a nearby slot, the final dial of the frame revealing itself for a quick shutoff. She'd then pocket the strange cube and turned to her dark companion. "Let us get out of here; you take the lead, I will follow! And as soon as we get to the edge, jump. I will get us back to the ground safely from there."

125.5/185 CP
    C2; 0 CP upkeep
    ➤16/20 Dragon missiles remain
    Chakra Strings Technique; 3 CP
    122/185 CP

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:56 am

A slide here, a twist there. Finely polished pistons, gears and pins moved to her lightning fast, delicate maneuvers.

"GOT IT!" Diana shouted, as she pulled a component free. Triumphantly, she spun around to face him."Let us get out of here; you take the lead, I will follow! And as soon as we get to the edge, jump. I will get us back to the ground safely from there."

Unseen mechanisms in the machine boomed, seized, and fell silent. The Dialframe's massive chamber morphed into a dark metal cavern. A spark of flame popped into the dark, held by an Irui in his palm. All he had to do now, was release the Indaina's chakra, and deliver Judgement.

Irui flicked his wrist forward; a silent but simple command that sent the Shadow Clones rushing ahead of them, as he and Diana. would make their escape to the exterior of the Indaina

[ thread end/exit]

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:56 pm

As soon as Tatewari began moving out, Diana followed behind, using consecutive blast launches to keep up with his rather considerable speed, and even then he was still faster then her. The exit didn't take long to reach with them moving faster out then when they had done so in reverse, and as soon as they were out, she'd command her dragon to come down as they continued to move to the edge of the beast. Puppets continued to crawl out of the nooks and crannies, but whatever Tatewari had done seemed to give him what looked to be an inexhaustible amount of chakra as his clones continued to clear the way. Then, as they reached the edge, they'd jump.

For those brief few seconds of freefall, Diana smiled. A genuine, honest-to god grin from cheek to cheek. The fear had come back once again, but in this brief time she welcomed it, as she had just preformed something the Diana of a year ago would never have done. And then, just as quickly as it started, it ended as her dragon swooped under them to catch them, the malleable clay softening their landing, sinking in as they flew off. Diana hadn't noticed before, but the dragon was on it's last limbs, clear signs of damage all across it's body, but still holding together. Much longer and she would've had to resort to one of her prototype techniques, but thankfully that would not be the case today. Her face returning to normal, she'd call up Titania.

"Titan, this is Ruby. The package has been delivered, and I shall stay on the battlefield to lead those who need it. Over."

"Roger that Ruby, I will relay it to the other shinobi. Just as well we 'ave a name for the beast now. They've come to calling the bastard you just crippled the Indaina Kujira. Over."

"The Indaina Kujira...fitting. Ruby Out."

The flight wouldn't last long, Diana dropping off Tatewari at one of the makeshift battle camps so he could decide what he wanted to do next, though she'd make sure to take her tomestone back. Even if she trusted him, the technology was still in it's beta phase, and could possibly invalidate her allegiance with Iwa. Taking off to another makeshift camp, she'd look across the battlefield.

It was going to be a long & tough battle, but the beast could be wounded. They had a chance.

{Exit}

122/185 CP
    C2; 0 CP upkeep
    ➤1/20 Dragon missiles remain
    Greatest Blast Launch; -25 CP (+2 tiers speed)
    96.5/185 CP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am