Welcome Guest! You have made 45 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread Empty Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat May 29, 2021 1:43 pm

This is where I will keep public notes on Perks as I workshop the Perk System for its full implementation. Anyone who has ideas for perks or suggestions for them system as a whole, can place them here.

Constitution: S
    Stamina: A
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A

Gear
    Quantum Meruit Armour [50/43]
    Amicus Curiae [20/20 Explosions] {Contained in Temporal Stasis via Angelic Return}
    100 Broadhead Arrows [C-Grade Quality] {Contained in Temporal Stasis via Angelic Return}
    Evanescence
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto
    Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Kenjutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo:

Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread Empty Re: Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon May 31, 2021 1:47 pm

Good afternoon! I'm here to post a few suggestions and request a clarification in regards to one perk in particular. With that said, let's get into it.

First, why not a perk that increases Ryo payouts from missions?
    Last night it was pointed out that there's a ton of passive income going around which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However with that being the case, perhaps allowing someway for the guys and gals who focus on combat capabilities in full and not crafting and such to make a bit more for their efforts is in order? The exact numbers are obviously up for debate, it's just a thought.

For the crafters out there who don't have access to Master-Craftsman.

That restricted is very strong I think we can all agree and with it being limited to three slots it does have the capability of having some of it's more quality of life style perks very much locked up. In my eyes, the major thing about MC is the capability of creating X-Rank equipment, which I fully believe needs to stay locked behind a restricted barrier. However what about reducing crafting times?

Why not a perk that gives crafters a non-stackable reduction on their crafting times?

Another crafting related perk idea.

Increasing yield from market bought materials.

You know chemistry has the chem station that doubles yields on chemmed goods. But what about a perk that doubles the amount you get per price per unit of materials from the market? So instead of paying the price for 1 unit of ebony and getting 1, you pay the price for 1, and get 2?

I notice in perks now that there are some that skirt around some rules that have been around on the site for quite a while. In particular I mean the alts-helping-alts perk. Which is interesting and neat to see. However I wonder if a secondary option can't be made to help those who focus on individual characters and not have alts?

With that said why not a perk that allows someone to break the solo posting exp cap of 3 posts a day to some degree? Or increase that cap permanently?

How about one that increases the bonus mission exp cap? To be clear, I'm referring to the rule that caps how many missions you can get the mission bonus exp from in a month to 5. I'm not talking of removing it from them, but perhaps increasing it to 10 or so? That way you give them a rewarding perk that still keeps people from getting out of hand and prevents what happened to cause the rule to be instated in the first place (<.<, >.>).

I think that's all my idea regarding suggestions but there's one in the system that I would like to see clarification on.

'Dual Casting: An innovation brought about by the War. Dual-Casting allows you to cast two different Ninjutsu simultaneously by using each hand to complete a different set of seals. This perk requires the One-Handed Seals UA and it doubles the tier penalty resulting in a -2 Tiers to Coordination for the purpose of using it. Requires Ninjutsu.'

The particular UA this is referring to has two versions. The Clanless one, and the Clanned one. The clarification I'm wondering is, since this 'doubles' the penalty, is this meant to allow clanless to dual cast techniques with no drawback? Does it simply give them a -1 tier to coordination instead of a -2?

For that matter what of those who have seal-less combat? Do they get to dual cast their respective skills/elements without seals? Are they required to use seals for one of them?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, good day ^_^

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 45,500
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: D++
    • Stamina: D
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: D

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto
    Genin

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:17 am

A perk that increases thread limits?
    If they can keep up, why not? 5 per character seems to have worked fine and it'll open up people with said perk to progressing thanks to more exp coming in.

Remember the old exp amounts? 20 per post in missions, 5 extra per post when training in the training ground etc? Maybe bring them back as perks under separate perk trees. Preventing people from getting all of them and such.

Maybe a perk that removes the exp penalty from flashbacks? That encourages and opens up options for people to do some awesome development.

A perk that in some way reduces travel time?

That's all that's come to mind this time around ^_^

Stats:

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto
    Genin

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:36 pm

A perk that gives additional experience when threading in ones home?

A perk that removes training WC from a skill/element? WC's for training are already smol and half the time people just wait to auto claim em anyway. So, I personally see no reason why giving people access to a perk that removes the training WC for specific elements/skills would break anything.

Also here's a thought.

Most of the UA's on the site actually could easily be perks. Why not eliminate the UA system and combine it with the perk system? Some UA's are really powerful and give nothing but options, like One-Handed Seals for example. If you take the standard UA's, and maybe some of the custom ones too, from the site and instead incorporate them into the perk trees. You end up with a system that gives people options. But still requires them to make some sacrifices. 'Do I want to give up getting One Handed Seals, in exchange for 'x' to use the same example as above.

Clanless could either get a single ability from a different perk tree as their 'freebie UA' or you can retain the 'UA' system and instead only have it for clanless characters who get to pick one thing.

I haven't fully thought that out yet, but I thought it interesting enough to toss up.

Stats: