Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

It's a Wild Akeno [Honiko/Society]

TsukiTatsuda
    TsukiTatsuda

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu, Katon, Doton, Lava
    Class: D
    Ryo: 72.8k

It's a Wild Akeno [Honiko/Society] Empty It's a Wild Akeno [Honiko/Society]

Post by TsukiTatsuda Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:11 pm

It has been some time since Akeno was brought into the Society by Shin Kazehana, and even when she was off the chain Akeno did not leave. The Phoenix has been attending to them and even going as far as guiding the Society where they want to go under little notification from unwanted attention. Frankly she was given enough freedom to do as she wants, and so far Akeno has been keeping it quiet about her appearance around her own home. Though that may change very quickly.

Her boots stepping on the stone floor with light thuds that resonate from torchlit walls. Akeno sadly isn’t dressed in her preferred colors as she wears a grey short sleeved blouse with a maintained flak jacket over her torso. Her bag of supplies slung over her shoulder as Akeno approaches the closed heavy door. Akeno’s dark wavy hair bouncing along each step as she reaches out with her right new arm to turn the latch and open the door. Akeno seeks the Society as a whole, but really she needs to speak with Honiko specifically.

Upon opening the door Akeno is greeted with warm golden light from a nearby fireplace to combat the chilly air that was quite welcomed on her cold skin. Her liquid golden eyes wander around the room as it is a bit spacious. “Lovely home you’ve secured.” Akeno commented even though she knows that they’re only temporarily using this abandoned outpost within the mountains as a base of operations. This was essentially an office of sorts that they had secured. Turning her attention towards Honiko the Volcanic Phoenix took a moment to adjust her tone. Last she needs is for Honiko to assume her authority was being challenged, and right now Akeno welcomes any sort of helping hands from the Society that she can get.

“I have matters that i wish to discuss with you. Or rather something that i think that would benefit us as a whole and on the long run." Taking advantage of this land's position and possibly win the residents' trust the Society can use the Land of Earth as a cover front. "If we can prevent the Land of Earth from future takeovers which no doubt will happen in the future, I can see about securing one of the provinces. Preferably I can start in the Onoka Province since that is where the main source of trade and the Daimyou's seat of power." Akeno probably doesn't even have to speak of the mines they could secure some form of profit and essentially they could monitor a good part of the land. "The problem is that I need the other nations to back off from invasion. Iwagakure's resources are highly sought out and will likely draw a lot of attention. I need to make sure any attempts of invasion fails, and frankly i don't trust any of these nobles or what is left of them to be able to defend themselves much less being able to defend their resources."
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

It's a Wild Akeno [Honiko/Society] Empty Re: It's a Wild Akeno [Honiko/Society]

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:40 am

Honiko sat at table on a wooden chair in the corner of the room. She had sensed Akeno's approach and figured the woman had something of note to report. Honiko did not care for the woman as she was not one of her "own" so to speak. Akeno was recruited by Shin Kazehana whom she viewed with suspicion given his worldliness and his refusal to believe in their higher celestial cause. Nevertheless she respected the Jounin and had allowed her to accompany them in their journey to the Land of Earth given her familiarity and knowledge of the region. They had converted the outpost to a temporary base where they could take their meals, rest, and plot their next moves while in Earth Country. The outpost had cots but not many places to sit and relax which is exactly how she preferred it. There would be a table with three chairs, Honiko occupying one seat, Nozomi the one across, and Raijin in between them. The stray could sit on the floor or stand whichever was preferable for her. Honiko watched as the door opened and in came Akeno whom remarked on the lovely home they had secured. Crimson eyes narrowed and cast an hostile glance towards the Tatsuda.

"Careful harlot"

Akeno's chummy and cheeky remark about the outpost had rubbed Honiko the wrong way. She was not Akeno's friend and being addressed in such a familiar manner was grounds for physical correction. Honiko let it to slide as Akeno was not her own disciple to discipline and as much as she loathed Shin she respected him enough not to immediately break his newest acquisition. The Tatsuda did not bow or show deference as she should and so she was already off to a bad start so to speak. As she explained her plan to Honiko she drummed her fingertips on the table considering the woman's words. She wanted to put the Society to work to defend the Land of Earth no doubt because of her sentimental attachment to the country. She spoke of money and trust which were not an immediate concern to her but important in what they could do for her grander objectives. Her disciples needed top notch equipment and apparently the stray dog had crafting abilities but needed materials to make use of it. Money would solve that problem and they could use the funds garnered by the mines to fuel greater projects. It was not a bad idea even if it happened to coincide with Akeno's interests. Warding off invasions would be tedious though and would require a permanent and established presence in the nation. Honiko would not expend her own people on such an ridiculous task unless it was absolutely necessary.

"The country would need to be defended indefinitely as there is no competent standing army to protect it. Are you proposing that the Society retain a permanent presence to prop up the failed military of the Earth Country? This strikes me as a waste of my and my disciple's time."
    TsukiTatsuda
    TsukiTatsuda

Character File

Post by TsukiTatsuda Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:27 am

It wouldn't be wrong to assume that Akeno and Honiko never got along. Probably if it wasn't for Akeno's connection to Shin Kazehana she would've been left for dead at the Isle of Whispers. Still Akeno observed Honiko's behavior, and frankly it was a behavior that Akeno recognized in people who held authority with an iron fist. A click of her tongue can be heard from Akeno as she only shook her head once. “Negative. Mainly i ask for time and while technically i can hold off whatever army comes our way i prefer to be on the safe side. Give me a maximum of two months i'll have the Onoko Province allied to us. I just need to make sure the Land is still freed from the other nations’ clutches.” Twas her reply towards Honiko of defending indefinitely. Which honestly Akeno purposely left that vague in case if Honiko accepted there would have been no definite time for the deal to end. A deal that Akeno could've used as a defense, but it would seem that Honiko was as sharp as ever.

“Besides, if your disciples succeed on defending, the Daimyou will no doubt reward you for your service. Once i have established a good standing we will no doubt be tasked with whatever internal problems they may have. Of course i'll take care of that and give the Society whatever they give me.” Essentially Akeno is establishing herself as their link to potential profit. It shouldn't take long to get under the Daimyou's good graces, and by then Akeno could see about securing a factory or two. Where Akeno's flow of money starts pouring in and… a thought occurred to her. “It might be a waste of time and effort for your disciples ma'am. But eventually you'll need better equipment. Especially when the end of days come you'll want your disciples to be well armed aside from their own abilities.” And in order to acquire equipment they would need income. In order to get income they would either have to commit criminal acts such as theft in hopes to make a quick silver in the black market or maybe become a mercenary for a feudal lord.

Akeno is essentially giving the Society a better deal and they can secure some safe ground to return to. Though the problem is that it might seem that Akeno is trying to be someone vital in the society. If Honiko's suspicion was correct about something is that everything Akeno does is within a plan and has backup plans depending on the scenario. In short Akeno always come prepared like a chessboard. “It won't be a indefinite defense, and hopefully i can rally enough forces soon so the Society won't be cornered. We've been doing good so far, and hopefully we can recruit allies to your cause.” And now the Phoenix waits to observe the White Sage. Noting the other two as Honiko's disciples, but Akeno's attention is on Honiko.

Renown: 50
    Ryo: 281,825
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: C+
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: C

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2214-igneos-update
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2213-tsuki-tatsuda-kumo
    Stray Dog
    Stray Dog

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 165,250

Post by Stray Dog Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 am

Yanagi keeps her attention off of the interior of the home, occasionally listening on the conversation but mostly looking out the window. She's dressed with a gray, ribbed tank top and a black pair of jeans, matched by sandals of the same color. The girl's hair is up in its usual twin tails, secured by two purple scrunchies. Her basic outfit seems to end there, unless the hip pouch upon her left leg is important enough to be noted. As Akeno addresses the situation regarding the Land of Earth and how it would be ideal to acquire the settlement, she frowns a little bit.

Personally, she didn't want to draw attention to herself. She figured that might be the same case with Honiko as far as her opinion went, but the Kaguya stays silent none the less. If her Fuuinjutsu knowledge served her right, the silver-haired girl could find some way to sustain how long her bones lasted. As long as they were in contact with some semblance of her -- ergo her chakra, she could make sure they wouldn't wittle away if they had a constant supply. That would most likely tie in a seal.

In a way, they had endless access to a material that was decently resilient.. or well she did anyways. It was only a matter of them asking, if they even knew the whole deal with the Shikotsumyaku. Shin probably knew a decent deal about it based off of him recognizing Kaguya.. so maybe he'd tell them eventually? Keeping her lips peeled and her eyes focused outside, she ponders what the land is like. It was much more arid than Kirigakure, so it didn't really appeal to what she was used to. It was better than nothing though...

"Everything takes time, with the tougher the task always requiring more."
    Updates | App
    Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 am

Nozomi sat in her chair, leaning forward on the table, using her elbows to support herself. Dressed in her usual black sleeveless jumpsuit and black boots, she kept her hair pulled back in a small ponytail. She kept her attention on Akeno and Honiko for the most part, as she always looked out for cues from her mistress and needed to see any cues from Akeno as well.

She knew that she was captured a couple of years ago, but she'd never made any trouble for the group, seeming to join up, similar to the way that Yanagi had, when she was brought in as a captive to Nikuyo. Of course, her reasoning to stay was still unknown to Nozomi, as she didn't appear to have one. She had fought and been captured. At least Yanagi was running from her homeland and just needed a place that wasn't there. Akeno was a mystery.

Still, she listened as the two bantered back and forth, and then shifted in her chair uncomfortably. Deciding to speak up, Nozomi cleared her throat. "If I may, Mistress Honiko." She said, falling silent and waiting for confirmation from her lady before she continued. Assuming she got it, she would continue. If not, her mouth would be shut once more and silence was all she would communicate.

"I don't see why we couldn't help defend this area. Akeno makes a decent point. Money and resources will go a long way towards establishing the Society as a power, especially when the world is reborn. I had also been thinking that we should take over the Land of Iron, home to the Samurai, and Iwagakure is conveniently located near it. Having two nations under our control wouldn't be a bad thing, and if we acquired both, the forces of each could bolster their defense and give us a greater sphere of influence. Besides that, having the samurai under our control and keeping eyes off that land by using Iwa's land as a barrier would give us the opportunity to control in secrecy the neutral party that many shinobi trust."

She took a breath before continuing, as she had been thinking about this sort of thing for a while now. "Further more, there is immense strategic value in on having further holdings. There's a possibility that the Society's base will be discovered on the Isle. If it is, then having lands to fall back to would be ideal. As well as the opposite. If we are discovered out here, as that Kereko man from the Crimintern Forum noted me, they might believe our base of operations has been here the entire time. Finding out we own the village would benefit us as it would keep eyes away from our true base. And if nobody knew we controlled the Land of Iron as well, even should Iwa fall, it's an easy offensive deployment when they'll be looking for outward forces coming in the opposite direction rather than the samurai who are so trusted for their neutrality."

She hoped she hadn't forgotten any points she wanted to make, or that she had thought of everything, but there were others present. They could make good points too, she was sure. Besides the obvious reason she'd left out, which was her primary motivator, she was sure she had thought of everything. Realistically, and they all knew it, Nozomi just wanted to fight.

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:25 pm

The click of the tongue was enough to draw the Dragon Sage's ire. She had warned Akeno and now the woman was dangerously close to receiving a lasting lesson. A tomahawk was summoned into Honiko's hand and was flung within the span of a single second. The projectile was aimed so as to pass within an centimeter of the woman's jugular before it was buried into the hard wood wall behind her. "Mind your tongue. Mind your tone. Mind your temper." she said. If Akeno did not realize that clicking her tongue towards a superior was disrespectful then she'd make the same mistake twice and when she did she would not even hear the soft thud that Honiko's tomahawk would make when it came into contact with her skull. Assuming Akeno continued speaking and had the wherewithal to refrain from further acts of disrespect then Honiko would hear her out. She made stellar points about how such an act could benefit The Society. When Nozomi asked for permission to chime in, she gave the girl a curt nod indicating that she had her assent to speak freely. Nozomi was right to ask Honiko's blessing before opening her mouth and what followed was support for Akeno's plan albeit with an additional plank. Nozomi wanted to hit the Land of Iron as well, taking it over and using the two territories as a secondary base for the Society of Rebirth and Reordering. The Land of Earth would function as a buffer for the Land of Snow and in turn the Land of Snow could provide valuable specialty warriors to protect the Land of Earth. If the Society were to control the samurai militia and all of their secrets then they would be able to command greater respect in the world. Aside from the increased influence, they'd have a specialized pool of combatants that could be deployed in a pinch.

The problem was not in taking the territory it was in holding it. Honko did not trust the nameless hordes of lackluster shinobi to maintain a grip on the region. Any well organized group or nation-state would be able to swoop in and claim the lands for their own. That was unless of course the Society mired themselves in the territories or set up an early warning system allowing them to respond to threats in real time. Both of these approaches however would cost them precious time. It was for this reason that Honiko had purposefully put their base on the Isles as the place was naturally resistant to invasion given the curse it inflicted on the minds of intruders. The Society was strong not only because of its membership but because it was agile and fluid. It did not have to defend a territory, it could be everywhere and nowhere. The strategic value of being able to attack and retreat without secondary concerns such as keeping turf was not one that could be quantified. Honiko looked at Akeno and thought quietly for a few seconds before speaking.

"How confident are you that you could successfully lead a defense of this country and ward off an attack?" after Akeno replied she would then turn to Nozomi. "And you? Do you truly believe that you can assist in the defense of Earth Country and then conquer the Land of Iron?"
    TsukiTatsuda
    TsukiTatsuda

Character File

Post by TsukiTatsuda Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:52 pm

The tomahawk materializing in her hand was something Akeno didn't get to see before. Still she didn't hold her breath as the axe came dangerously close to hitting a vital area on her body. Whether she was afraid or bluffing it was hard to tell other than any sense of emotion. Not a sigh, another click, nor grunt came from her lips as Akeno closed her eyes for a moment. This time Akeno continues to list facts and potential gains the society could achieve. Only she was especially careful with her remarks.

When Nozomi asked for permission to speak, Akeno quickly got the feeling that if someone puts Honiko up on a pedestal and prove your worth Honiko will have a totally different reaction. Unfortunately Akeno can never see herself doing that, but she keeps her opinions to herself. What the girl proposed that lines up what Akeno was keeping as her trump card. Frankly Akeno was impressed with Nozomi's analysis, but she doesn't reflect on that. Honiko turned her attention back towards Akeno who remained quiet until Honiko questioned her confidence on warding off attacks.

“Confident enough that it'll take a while if not days before whoever is invading can get through me.” Akeno need not to say that the Land of Earth is a big nation. Whether it was confidence or sheer arrogance in Akeno is hard to accurately place since the only ones who really seen Akeno in combat was Shin and Yanagi. The only reason Akeno went down is because she didn't notice there was a giant prison puppet underneath all of the sand. The Phoenix's lips remain sealed as Honiko turned her eyes to Nozomi.

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2214-igneos-update
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2213-tsuki-tatsuda-kumo
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Nozomi took a moment to consider their positions and forces as Akeno responded. There were always advantages and disadvantages to defending as well as to conquering. She wasn't a military commander of great report, but she did have a decent grasp on battlefield tactics, enough to understand that sometimes it was better to strike fast and fall back while defending, and to counter but not get hit. Give up key positions with it incurring losses, and then take them back while the enemy was weakened. As far as attacking went, Nozomi knew her talents lay in that field. She was a powerhouse, fast swift and deadly. Samurai had a lot of honor, so she could easily find ways to manipulate that to her advantage.

"I feel like there's a lot of variables to consider. It depends on how bad someone wants Iwa's resources. But that said, if it came to a war of attrition, I would make it not worth anyone's while to continue assaulting the nation assuming I couldn't outright kill them the first go through." Nozomi said confidently. She was smart enough to know that you don't win wars with a single battle, and some victories weren't worth the effort. Even if an invader could push them back, keeping hold on the Land would be another story. It would take less time for the Society and Iwa to regroup and strike back than it would for invading reinforcements to come and assist.

"As far as the Land of Iron is concerned, I'm much more confident. I don't even think I would need help to take the nation. I've got a good grasp on assassination tactics and honor duels. If it came to a show of force, give me a small strike force and we can do it easily. Some fights don't need a large army after all."

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Honiko tilted her head as it seemed both Nozomi and Akeno were backpedaling. The way the idea was originally pitched made it sound like they would be holding the line and defending the country. A bulwark against any invading force and one that would not yield to the pressure of an organized army. Instead they were now talking as if this was a guerrilla warfare campaign designed to harass an occupying force until such time as they decided the costs outweighed the benefits. The idea wasn't bad but it showed a lack of coherence and commitment. To this commander, it appeared as though the two were grasping for straws now that they could not defend the idea of totally holding off an invasion force. Nozomi was more confident about taking over the Land of Iron and she stated she could do so with a small strike force. This wasn't surprising as attacking the Land of Iron would be easy given that they were so isolated and with the territory lacking in major resources few would attempt to wrest the nation from the Society's grip. Honiko folded her hands patiently although she was irritated that Nozomi had complained about variables. It was an excuse and the Jinchurikki probably knew how her sensei felt about excuses.

"So you want to conduct a sustained guerrilla campaign if you can't defend the Earth Country? Even if we were to eventually win a war of attrition it would leave the nation so devastated that we would need to expend time, resources, and manpower in rebuilding the national infrastructure so that the operation would not be a total loss. And in the midst of this you'd find time to conquer and subdue the Land of Iron?"

The question was piercing and her voice had an edge of annoyance. The Dragon Sage wanted an solid explanation. A game plan complete with timelines, tactics, and an exit strategy. Instead Nozomi and Akeno had given her vague promises.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Nozomi shook her head as Honiko had misunderstood her meaning. "Using Guerrilla tactics, yes, but not a sustained one. Hitting hard and fast, retreating. Making them follow us. Ideally any fight will only last a few minutes at most, and the warring should be over in a few days to a week if they decide to drag it out. I'm talking multiple attacks a day, and this is only if we can't outright defend against an invasion." She said.

Elaborating was probably for the best, she hadn't meant to make it sound like this would take long at all. "If it drags on too long, I would abandon the defense and focus on the land of Iron, then return with some troops from there and hit them on the return. Simple enough to do. Of course," Nozomi turned her head to look at Akeno. "this all depends on Iwa, and if they even have a decent force to help defend. I'm good, but I'm not yet good enough to single handedly repel an invading army. Taking them on, sure. I'll do it any day, and given enough time I will win. But we do have other things to do and time is a valuable commodity."

She shifted her focus back to Honiko. "Ultimately the decision is yours. I attack or defend at your call. I abandon if you ask me to."

Character File

Post by TsukiTatsuda Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 am

Honiko misunderstood what Nozomi was referring to, but at the same time Akeno can agree with Honiko is saying as well. A sustained war will be draining on resources and eat up whatever sort of untouched land would be left. Rebuilding from there could take anywhere from months to years even. Truthfully Akeno just needs to buy herself some time in order to secure at least a third of the Land of Earth. The Onoko Province is the pinnacle of trade throughout the Land of Earth because of Tsuchigaito, Daimyou’s capital city. Securing income and allies from the capital would be vital so when Akeno takes back Iwagakure she’ll be able to maintain it.

Then she thought of the Kaifeng family and how they sworn fealty towards the Daimyou and the Tsuchikage. Maintaining control over the Kaifeng no Kuni, they can effectively hold their ground very well. Akeno waited for Nozomi to finish her words before nodding her head. “If i may speak.” The Phoenix paused as she directed the request to Honiko and will remain to do so until Honiko gives her permission to speak. “The Great Chang Mountains will serve as an excellent defense. There are quite a number of spaces for us to ambush the enemy that attempts to cross. The only way around is either by sea or to move around through the Land of Birds and the Land of Rain. I could collapse several tunnels that aren’t trade routes so we can limit the number of methods for them to travel through the mountains. If they try to move outside of the tunnels they’ll deal with harsh weather and we could either cause rockslides to crush whoever attempts to cross through.” Akeno took a breath, and if anyone asked why not include the trade routes she’ll answer.

“The trade tunnels can be used as deathtraps since we could come up with various methods to ambush as they come out on this side of the mountains. We put them into a choke point and fry them in one go without much effort. Additionally the invaders wouldn’t think of the trade routes be used as traps since it’ll paint the illusion that the Daimyou still needs them for trade to other lands. It won’t work forever though since it is more of a surprise tactic.” Plus if they try the hard way by climbing over the mountains they’ll risk exhausting themselves that by the time the invaders get to the otherside Akeno could just pick them all off. Not to mention she could effectively put them in a magma box and suffocate them if not incinerate their remains leaving not even ash behind.

“The southern area of the mountains is open plateau so you’ll be able to anyone coming from miles away and still be hidden amongst the rocks. Giving us plenty of time to cover that line should it come down to it. If we fail, we can fall back to Kaifeng territory into the Cursed Valleys which we can use as cover if need be. If those monstrosities don’t take our pursuers if any, then they’ll most definitely lose sight of us through the mist. Through it we can make our way closer to the Land of Iron where we can set about conquering the samurai.” Though as for how long it’ll take is depending on how things go. In Akeno’s mind should their defense hold up she can see about rallying the Daimyou’s forces along with the Kaifeng family perhaps sending reinforcements if not to them then perhaps to Iwagakure. First she’ll need to acquire physical evidence that the Land is being threatened to increase her chances of success. Now that Akeno laid out her plans on the defense and a possible escape plan that links up with Nozomi’s suggestion of taking over the Land of Iron. The Phoenix goes quiet as she also pondered if they should be forced into the Cursed Valley then the Society including herself could use the unnatural creatures to their advantage. Perhaps making it easier to take out their pursuers if there is any, and if left alone Nozomi could split off with whoever towards the Land of Iron to go ahead and acquire that piece of the puzzle. While Akeno heads back out with whatever support she can muster to crush her opponents completely. Or really to cause as much damage as possible that it’ll take a while before whoever invaded can gain any use of its resources.

Stats:

Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Honiko listened patiently as Nozomi amended her statement for clarification purposes. She stated that the engagements would be short and that the hostilities would not last long. If the invading shinobi were not repelled immediately then she'd double back to the Land of Snow to conquer them and then bring reinforcements to push out the occupying force. With Honiko's permission (expressed via nod) Akeno finally gave a a series of tactics that could be used to slow down an invading force. Traps and setups that would put time on their side and leave nations reeling. Honiko considered it for a moment before deciding the proposal was insufficient. She wasn't convinced they could mount a successful defense and conquering of the two countries in an acceptable time frame. Their strategy was sound but it was filled with holes and it might take far longer than either of them were estimating. How long to marshal Earth Country's lackluster forces? How long until the resources yielded gains? When would rival nations attack? Where would they attack? How big would the attacking armies be? How long would it take for them to be pushed out? How long would conquest of the Land of Iron take?

Nozomi wasn't wrong in that there were many variables at stake but if she was going to lend her voice to Akeno's bold plan then she would need to have an answer to those variables or at least a means for controlling them. The fact that she was so willing to add onto an already ambitious project without thinking and then dumping the decision on Honiko betrayed a lack of tactical thinking and responsibility. She'd remedy this with time.

Honiko glared at Akeno.

"Your desire to defend your home is admirable but misplaced. We fight to reorder this world not to save tracts of land we happened to be reared in"

Honiko turned to Nozomi with less hostility but with a clear tone and look of disappointment.

"Your desire to fight for the sake of glory and violence is also respectable...but it is unfocused. I will not waste my time harassing nations for mines and minions. The latter can be bought with funds taken straight from the vaults of our enemies."

She turned her head towards Raijin and the Stray for the first time. She didn't say anything to them but their very presence did give her an idea. She did not let them speak but turned back to the two would-be "liberators".

"Nevertheless you were recruited to serve this organization and when necessary lead it. You both have proven your potential so far. I'd be remiss in my duties as your commander if I did not allot each of you the opportunity to take ownership of a major operation. If you are adamant that you can complete your objectives and deliver the spoils of both nations to the Society in a timely manner then I will permit you to do so"

Honiko raised a finge and as if to accentuate her point the fire in the fireplace roared a bit louder.

"However. I will not give you my assistance. Each of you must learn to conquer and fight on your own power. If you lose or your subordinates die then the fault will lie with you and you alone. If you succeed then the glory will be yours and I will reward each of you personally. You can call upon my aid if you truly need it but rest assured the price will be steep...for both of you" Honiko would look to each of them making it clear that the toll of failure would rest on their heads. Nozomi was the closest thing she had to a worthy lieutenant at the moment, Raijin was an acolyte but not someone she could rely on in the same sense. Everyone else in the Society worked for her Master and by extension her but she did not trust them to do more than the bare minimum.

"Now that you understand the gravity of what you are proposing and the responsibility of what it entails...are you still willing to put your plan into action?" she asked. She was curious as to what their response would be.
    Bayushi
    Bayushi

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: U/A
    Class: X
    Ryo: 2 million Ryo

Post by Bayushi Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Raijin said nothing as the two continued to plan their proposal too Honiko. Raijin felt that this Akeno all of sudden need to protect an entire village was madness. If they wanted to risk their lives, it'd better be worth it. Honiko had warned them of consequences of their failure would be. He knew far too well what that would entail. They did not have the tools necessary for that venture. Raijin scoffed. He would only help if Honiko ordered him to do so. Otherwise the need to subdue the land of Iron seemed more probable.

The other acolyte was quiet as well. Their opinions mattered little at the moment. But soon Raijin would gain more strength and power. He would never need their validation validation. For now. He would just listen.

Stamina: B > S (Jashin)
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A > A++ (Jashin)
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: A
    TsukiTatsuda
    TsukiTatsuda

Character File

Post by TsukiTatsuda Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:00 pm

The part where Honiko spoke of Akeno's sense to defend her home was misplaced is where Akeno silently disagrees. Anyone who knew Akeno would know that her heart is in the right place. Perhaps it might not line up to what Honiko is trying to achieve, but least to say they have come to some form of agreement. If Akeno could secure the Land of Earth and securing Iwagakure within a timely manner everything will be fine. The problem is that Akeno wasn't sure how much time is needed to complete this task that she set herself up for. Taking over Iwagakure is fairly simple to Akeno or at least that's how confident she is. So it's possible that it'll take about a week or two to complete that.

As a plus Iwagakure could be somewhere the Society can hide and actually be able to purchase the resources they need rather than hoping some shady merchant has something they are after. The problem is that Honiko seems to be in a hurry and doesn't want to be idle for long periods of time. Which is understandable since they are wanted, but strangely enough no one has bothered to look for them. Sure there might have been some close calls, but it is like none of the nations are even trying to look. If anything they have been a bit lazy over the years. Or so Akeno thought.

Still Honiko more or less gave Akeno a time limit, though how much time Akeno wasn't sure. The gravity of failure weighs quite heavily on not just Akeno but to Nozomi as well. Though Honiko speaking of the Society fighting for reorder is something Akeno was intrigued about. Of course the Phoenix got the gist of the Society's goals, and she can see why people would accept that path. However what Akeno personally can't stand is blind faith and refusing to look at the big picture.

“Yes.” Akeno was determined to defend her home, but she knows now that in order to meet Honiko's standards Akeno would have take Iwagakure itself. Hopefully she can convince the guards to stand down and basically accept their new Tsuchikage without blood being spilled. Though they might still put up a fight regardless because it is their job to defend the village. Still Akeno can handle anyone even if there was an army coming after her.

Stats:

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Nozomi was less and less sure as Honiko spoke, making it obvious that she thought this to be folly. She wasn't necessarily just proposing it because of her lust for battle, even if it was a large factor. She wasn't a patient girl by any means, and she'd spent the last 2 years of her life without a meaningful challenge. This was that sort of challenge that she needed. She could prove that Honiko's investment in her had paid off.

On the one hand, if she failed her tasks, Honiko would lose faith in her and she'd be set back quite a deal. On the other hand, if she were to back out now and admit that they may need more help than would be sensible for the time, she may lose some faith from her master, but at least she would know that Nozomi wasn't an idiot and knew her limits. And on the other other hand, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. This was all a challenge, but not an impossible one. If she were to pull it off, she would have earned massive clout with Honiko and the Society.

She was silent for a few moments as she contemplated her choices. She needed to be sure of her answer before she gave it and couldn't take it back. Frowning, she calculated the odds of her success. Looking up to Honiko, she shook her head. "Yes and no. I am confident that I can secure the land of Iron. I am not as confident in the continued defense of Iwagakuran land. I'm sure we can force invaders back now, but without the dedicated troops to defend afterwards, it would be immediately overrun as soon as we leave. I would need to secure the Land of Iron and their forces, or we would need Society forces stationed here for any real defensive measures to be taken."

It hurt her a bit to admit that, but without them here to defend afterward, Iwa was too weak currently and would take time to reinforce. "Even assuming we take Iron first, we would need to fund the army that would be stationed here after we secured Iwa, and I don't currently have much money to do so. My apologies for being a little too eager."

Nozomi bowed her head. They needed money, and hadn't necessarily brought any. "I am more than willing to come back with a force later of course. Take over the land and begin its construction and rebirth as a new land. I'm sure we will eventually do so."

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:18 am

The Tatsuda refused to backed down. Honiko's expression didn't change as she looked into the woman's amber eyes. She was determined and confident in her ability to succeed. It was a respectable and admirable trait to refuse a challenge so while her face remained neutral, she found herself inwardly amused. This was what the Society needed. Shinobi who were willing to defy the odds and see their plans to fruition no matter the cost. Shin Kazehana would be proud that his own recruit had just signed on to the defense and eventual conquest of an entire nation. How Akeno would fare when the chips were down was a separate question but for now Honiko would allow her to bask in the glory that came with faith in one's abilities. She turned to her own recruit expectantly. It was a tall order she had placed on them but she had faith that they could do it. She had given them the brutal reality but she was certain they'd find a way through the impossible task just as she had. Nozomi however, was not so sure.

The girl remained silent as she thought before speaking. She went on to say that she was not confident that she could assist in the defense of Iwagakure although she felt that she could subjugate the Land of Iron. She apologized for her over-eagerness and offered to return with an army of Samurai to bring the Earth Country into a new era. Again, the Dragon Sage's expression did not change although she felt disappointment. Nozomi was her prize pupil and the one she had been grooming for greatness for two years. Raijin was strong and had potential but when it came to leading this world into a new era, her right hand would always be Nozomi. It bothered her that her own acolyte was not willing to back up her earlier ambitions. She had lacked forethought in readily agreeing to a plan that would be difficult nigh impossible to execute and to add insult into injury she had backed away from it once she realized its futility. It was good that Nozomi recognized her mistake and apologized for it but she would need to do better in the future. The Dragon Sage had high nearly impossible expectations for her student but that was what came with being student to one of the most powerful shinobi in the world. Folding her hands and staring at the table in silence, Honiko thought for a few moments as she weighed the two responses.

Akeno was ready and willing to initiate the defense and conquest of the Land of Earth. The woman was strong on her own and did not figure into Honiko's immediate plans so there was no harm in letting her prove herself. Nozomi and Raijin however needed to be tested and while conquest would be informative it would not give her a complete picture of their competency. The Land of Iron had been isolated for centuries and it would not be going anywhere. Unlike Earth Country which was a ripe fruit, it would likely remain unmolested for the foreseeable future. If Nozomi wished to conquer it in the name of the Society she would have the opportunity to do so after Honiko measured her abilities. The pale woman nodded as if deciding on something and turned to her charges.

"Very well Akeno. You have my leave to conquer the Earth Country in the name of the Society. I expect results as quickly as possible. Destroy our enemies, raise an army, and deliver the nation's valuable resources into our coffers. Do this and you will be well rewarded."

She turned to Nozomi.

"The Land of Iron can wait. I have not yet decided if you will accompany me on the assault on the Blood Prison. I wish to put you and Raijin to the test before I make that determination."

She had made her decision but the way that Nozomi had conducted herself today troubled her.

"Everyone out except Nozomi"

This was everyone's cue to leave the cabin while she spoke to Nozomi in private. Once Honiko was certain everyone had left she would stand and make her away over to her disciple. Honiko would stand in front of the jinchurikki and look at her with piercing red eyes. She folded her arms and spoke directly to the young woman.

"Nozomi. You must remember to think before you speak. There will be no more minor raids, no more searching, no more small-scale attacks and skirmishes. Everything we do from here brings us one step closer to the remaking of everything this world has ever known. I cannot have you acting recklessly at such a crucial time. I have placed a considerable amount of trust and effort in you. You have enormous potential and I am relying on you to be my right hand much like I am my Master's right hand."

She took a step closer to her student and placed a hand on her shoulder looking her directly in the eyes.

"Your over-eagerness was unwarranted but even more troubling is the lack of faith you demonstrate. Faith in our God, Jashin, Faith in our ritual prayers, and Faith in your own ability to overcome insurmountable barriers." Honiko had noticed it over the years. Her Mind's Eye attuned her to the feelings and beliefs of others. She could know whether words uttered were true or false, believed or merely stated. Raijin was devout in the Society's religious teachings and he had taken to worshiping Jashin with a reverence that matched her own. He was developing into a Godly man that truly believed his mission was to restore his Clan's position as guardians of the Sage's teachings and keepers of this world. Nozomi had never matched his devotion and while she respected the Society's faith, Honiko could see that she did not share their zealous fire. Honiko had believed that in time she could correct that but the more she came to know the Ex-Kiri-Nin the more she realized how hedonistic the girl was. She lived for battle and longed for affection. Himitsu's view was a base view of the world and it bothered Honiko to no end that she could not simply make the jinchurikki to be the same acolyte she was under her Sensei. Yet despite her disgust at the girl's profound rejection of the spiritual, she found herself silently respecting her secularism. It was unique to Nozomi as most secularists she regarded with severe disdain and suspicion. She concluded that this allowance was rooted in her own faith. Nozomi would walk her own path and in a way perhaps that would lead her to her ultimate destiny as the Society's leader should something befall Honiko. The Dragon Sage had searched long and hard yet she had never found one worthy of receiving the truths that her Master had communicated to her. She had sacrificed and prayed endlessly for a revelation and she received it years ago. A flashing vision that she would meet her successor in the Valley of Jehoshaphat. Nozomi was everything she had hoped for, yet in some ways was everything she feared. All of the skill, talent, and devotion but not to God to her.

The situation had stressed the Sage though she had hid it well. Her own Sensei was of little help, preoccupied with his own designs and entrusting to her the functioning of his organization. He was confident she'd figure out what to do with the blonde and while she wore her confidence like armour, the question of how to get through to her student bore a hole into her soul. It was her duty to ensure the Society continued should something happen to her in these trying times. A silence passed between them and Honiko decided that she would clear the air.

"Nozomi, I want you to tell me the absolute truth. Do you believe in our faith? Do you believe that we were put here by God for a divine purpose?"

It was a straight-forward and direct question. Honiko channeled her Mind's Eye and focused on the kunoichi in front of her. If Nozomi lied she would know instantly. Every detail in her chakra signature was memorized and known, the smallest fluctuation informed Honiko of veracity of any given statement. She wanted the truth and nothing but.
    Stray Dog
    Stray Dog

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 165,250

Post by Stray Dog Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 am

Yanagi continues to listen in on the conversation, mostly observing the interaction between the group. Between Honiko essentially threatening to kill the ex-Jounin on the spot, among many other things. She eventually shifts from looking out the window and leans back against the wall, watching visually at this point. It seemed that one of the others were very eager about trying to take over Iwagakure no Sato -- and what's more, Land of Iron following it. She wrinkles her nose in confusion.

While she doesn't say anything, neither of their ideas of actually taking things over felt like a good idea. Society had intentionally been sitting there remaining in quiet for awhile -- mainly so that they could build up. She could understand being confident in one's own abilities, but at this point it started looking brash. It wouldn't look good to broadcast their whereabouts and where they had established some form of control in a given area, especially if there was more than one. As far as desire for power and resources went, it would be a great step. But that's as far as it went in the Kaguya's opinion.

'We have a member from each of the three prominent nations right now. None of them like us. And none of them is going to just sit quiet when or if they find out where we are. This isn't safe..' The silver-haired girl muses, watching Honiko's reaction to the whole thing. She didn't seem on board, either. That was kind of implied by her decision to not partake if they did still go through with this plan of theirs. The Kaguya could only pray it would be of her own volition whether she would have to partake or not.

Needless to say, Akeno had been directed to do it. It'd probably look safer since she seemed to be from the land in the first place. It'd be a good, temporary coverage for them. As Honiko tells them to leave, the silver-haired Kaguya stops leaning against the wall and makes way for the exit to the home, most likely to continue looking at nature. Or what there was of it in this barren land.

(exit)

"Everything takes time, with the tougher the task always requiring more."
    Updates | App
    Spoiler:
    Bayushi
    Bayushi

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: U/A
    Class: X
    Ryo: 2 million Ryo

Post by Bayushi Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:45 pm

So their plans were rotating around the general notion that they would encounter the Stone village. But it made more sense for them to use the resources to take on a minor nation like the Land of Iron first. The idea was mountainous, Akeno was either really brave or foolish. She was captured by Shin and now she was talking about taking over major nations like the land of Earth. There would be more time to see where this actually went. However Raijin was really feeling the idea to take the land of Iron. He had never been there but he had heard many stories. Just as the thought went through his head, Honiko spoke saying, "The Land of Iron can wait. I have not yet decided if you will accompany me on the assault on the Blood Prison. I wish to put you and Raijin to the test before I make that determination."

So they were going to get her sister. Fine with him. The money would be splendid. Honiko mentioned for the rest of them to leave. Apparently she wanted a heart to heart with Nozomi. The Jinchuriki would most likely be getting an earful for her suggestions and intentions. Raijin merely shrugged. This had nothing to do with his plans. But he would focus on getting ready for the Blood Prison. He would have to do some research on the place. He got up and went to leave with Yanagi as well.

(Exit)

Stamina: B > S (Jashin)
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A > A++ (Jashin)
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: A
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Well, on the plus side, she hadn't gathered any anger from Honiko. At least not visibly. Still, she knew that perhaps her response wasn't what Honiko had wanted to hear. She had probably expected Nozomi to simply stick to her guns on that one, and try it, fail or not. She didn't like disappointing Honiko, but she already had and there was no turning back now.

Honiko gave Akeno permission to continue on and defend Iwa, which was a bit of a surprise to Nozomi. She opened her mouth, as if to interject, but no words left them, as she closed up moments later. Honiko didn't like Akeno. If she failed, she'd probably die. Honiko didn't care, and she knew that Akeno probably wouldn't succeed alone.

A small look of concern crossed her face as she stated back at Honiko. Like her or not, sending her to do this single handed was foolish. She would need at least another of decent combat prowess to do so. If she failed, she might be captured and give up crucial information on the Society. Still, it wasn't Nozomi's job to question Honiko so she let it go.

When everyone else was dismissed and left, Nozomi relaxed a bit. She always was on guard when other people were around, just in case someone were to try something foolish against Honiko. She didnt have the same reservations about Honiko trying something on her. She was a loyal girl who has proven herself. If Honiko hurt her, it would be for a reason.

As she was lightly scolded a little, Nozomi took the criticism as purely constructive, not letting herself feel bad and sulk, but rather take Honiko's words to heart. She nodded in reply, to confirm that she understood her place as Honiko's right hand, and that she needed to think more about what she and her actions represented.

As Honiko placed her hand on Nozomi's shoulder, the 19 year old woman didn't even tense up slightly. Maybe she would have years ago, maybe she would have blushed then, but by now she knew that there was nothing to be expected between the two of them. She had shoved those feelings deep down and actively ignored them. Her attentions were much better used on learning.

It wasn't the touch that made Nozomi flinch away. It was Honiko's words. She called out Nozomi's lack of faith in Jashin, lack of faith in her prayers, and lack of faith in herself. The first two were true, absolutely. Nozomi partook in the praying because she was asked to, but she herself wasn't religious. She had plenty of faith in her own abilities as well, she just knew she had a problem with her chakra conservation when it came to using jutsu, and she couldn't punch an entire army into submission. Any smart invader would use long range ninjutsu on her while she tried. Attack her with wide radius attacks, regardless of casualties. Only an idiot would try to engage in hand to hand combat with someone who could quickly show how superior they were in that regard. And while she was good with ninjutsu, her chakra levels weren't anything extraordinary yet. She hadn't focused on training that up.

A silence filled the air between the two of them before Honiko spoke again. This time asking her a question. Nozomi flinched again, the question being about faith. She knew that Honiko was devoted solely to her faith, and it drove her actions every step of the way. Nozomi desperately wanted to declare her faith was as strong as her master's was. She knew it would please her. However, she knew it was a lie, and she couldn't bring herself to lie to this woman. She pulled back a little, shifting in her seat.

"No. I don't. My loyalty is to you, and thus Lord Jashin, but only so long as you find yourself serving this God. When we prayed, I was talking to Isobu in my inner realm. I tried to believe, to pray, to hear Jashin, for you. But I couldn't. I'm sorry." She said, averting her eyes, not wanting to see any disappointment from this woman.

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:52 pm

The line of conversation was making her discipline uncomfortable. Good. If Nozomi was to become a wise and effective leader she would need to know what her blindspots were and close them. When she asked her question the girl flinched knowing that she was trapped between two unpleasant options. When her words came out Honiko knew that it was the truth. The woman removed her hand from Nozomi's shoulder and only stared at her. It was a painful thing to have an acolyte that lacked faith. Despite all the wonders and miracles that Nozomi had seen while with the Society it was not enough to truly make her believe. Honiko almost wanted to be angry at her. To strike her, knock her down, and lock her in a cell until she found God. Yet she knew that would do no good. It would only serve to sever her attachment to her as a mentor and drive her into the arms of that beast. A wild creature created by divine inspiration but totally devoid of true purpose. She'd only escape and become a serious threat to the organization.

Even more disturbingly, Honiko didn't want to do that. Even if she knew with 100% certainty that it would work she did not want to force Nozomi into believing. She wanted the girl to find the faith on her own just as she did. It was good that she placed her trust and loyalty in her leader but it wasn't sufficient. Unless...

"Very well" Honiko told her in her characteristically neutral tone. "Prepare your things...we will be heading out soon"

There would be no pep talk. No words of encouragement. Honiko walked away from her acolyte and left her to her own thoughts. There were trying times coming ahead for them and she knew that this might rattle Nozomi on a personal level but she trusted that the girl would pick herself up. Her own Master had sent her on a daring raid mere moments after she had met her mother for the first time. The experience was rather unpleasant but she had come out stronger for it. Perhaps the trauma of disappointment and alienation from her leader would do the same. Only time would tell.

Honiko left the cabin and looked at Akeno, Raijin, and Akira.

"We are leaving soon. Akeno prepare what you need and commence operations as soon as you are able. Akira and Raijin we are leaving this area so prepare yourselves."

And with that Honiko took off at her top speed. She aimed for a very specific cave that she had discovered in this area some time ago. It was cold but she felt nothing. The snow beneath her boots melted as did the snow around her as she pushed out her supreme Katon chakra. She had identified the problem and now she needed time alone to pray. Prayer would give her the answers she sought and the courage to implement the will of her Lord.

Exit
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Nozomi left the room with Honiko, leaving to go prepare her things as she was dismissed. She didn't really have a lot of stuff, so it really wasn't all that much of an issue at this point for her to pack up. She had a lot to think about, and didn't really want to be around anyone, so the packing would give her time to reflect.

-exit-

Character File

Post by TsukiTatsuda Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 am

Akeno had left as Honiko ordered from the cabin and waited outside while taking the moments to gather her thoughts. A hand reached up to her neck as Akeno can feel the phantom tingling where that axe had nearly bit into. Honiko was a dangerous woman in her own right, and so far this was Akeno’s first offense technically in Honiko’s eyes since Akeno has been complying to their plans thus far. She understands now why Shin spoke of being tired of watching each word, each gesture, and how they speak each word all the time around Honiko. As even a single mistake will be their last.

When Honiko finally came out of the cabin, Akeno looked up as she was being told to make her preparations for leave. “Right away.” Akeno quickly spoke with confidence before turning on her heel and walking off from them. There was so much to do, yet so little time to do anything. Time was precious, and the future didn’t look like it was going to be favorable.

[exit]

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am