Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Echoes of a Past Life

Maigo
    Maigo

Village : N/A

Echoes of a Past Life Empty Echoes of a Past Life

Post by Maigo Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 pm

The trickling sound of running water ran behind the young boy's back, in an instant, the breeze that pushed along the back of his neck lead him to feel how much he was beginning to sweat on this training ground. He knew that he had to keep pushing himself and keep getting stronger, had to do something to get further along on the path he was on. Still, there was so much resistance in not turning around, crossing the clearing, and jumping headlong into the glistening and flowing stream of water behind him. His arms held his katana out in front of him, the blade was pointed forwards, a bit shakily as his exhaustion set in but he held his form as best he could.

Just a couple meters in front of him stood three straw dummies, aloof in their stature with targets in red and white painted on the torso of them. His eyes trained hard on their focus, his mind running the imaginary scenario where three enemy ninja began to engage him. They were dashing forward, their kunai and swords were drawn and in a shout, Maigo matched their yell and took four quick steps forward. Each step was a little too narrow, he could feel how easy it would be to put himself off balance but at the same time, he pressed on, his enemy was closing in.

It was a sudden turn, the first enemy came to a stop just in front of him and raised his sword high to strike downwards, Maigo met this with a small spin on his heel, turning the blade in the reverse of his hand before spinning a deep cut across his enemies stomach. It was suddenly that Maigo's golden eyes would dash to his left and right quickly as the first enemy fell and the other two enemies surrounded him on each side. With a quick jump to his right, Maigo would take the first step in engaging his enemy, weaving his sword once to block a strike from his enemies Tanto before he would point his sword forward and use the momentum of his jump and falling body to stab straight through the shoulder and into the chest of the second enemy.

It was as a quick a maneuver afterwards that Maigo quickly let go of his sword lodged in his enemy and grabbed both the kunai from the holsters on his thigh, and threw both of them as quickly as he could just a meter or two away to strike at his third and final enemy. The throw was... sloppy, but they hit their target, the first landing in the neck of the enemy and the second landing along the side of his torso, at the upper half of his ribcage. The third enemy in Maigo's mind had fallen but by the time he came back to reality, he could feel his breath getting heavier again as his stamina failed him.

With a sigh, he would reach up and grab his katana from the upper shoulder of the straw dummy and pull it out in one long stroke. He'd move over to the middle dummy and turn him around so that the ungashed side would be facing the clearing now and he would remove his two kunai and return them to his holster to start his practice over again. A bellowed sigh as he sheathed the sword and took a small break to walk over to the small rivers edge.

Kneeling down and splashing his face with a bit of water, getting it over his eyes lids and continuing to wash the beads of sweat that were now forming around his temples and neck. He'd rub it away and stare at the distorted image of his face in the waters surface, wondering, "Is this the best I can do? When will I start to see real improvements in my skills..." he'd mutter quietly to himself before gritting his teeth. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he'd take a moment to center himself before he would return to his training.

[684 words]

Echoes of a Past Life Maigo_10

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Missions: D-2|C-0|B-0|A-0|S-0
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Echoes of a Past Life Empty Re: Echoes of a Past Life

Post by Tengoku Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Tengoku would hear what sounded like a battle cry as he was wandering the training grounds reflecting on his recent debates of ethics within the world. Two powerful people that had lost faith in others. It was a sad thing for him to listen to people having given up on a brighter future. Content to protect what they had left and in one case willing to give up his humanity to do it. The other had already pushed limits within the village and was kept under a sort of house arrest now. Tengoku wasn't really one who enjoyed seeing others suffer. Even from wounds long since passed. Instead he would see that those wounds have time to heal. His right eye ached as he thought of old wounds. A pink scar running down the length of his face from above his right eye to his jawline. A lesson he had learned about having enemies who would kill to gain whatever they could. The mission had been a success but the scar was a consistent reminder. Sensitive still to bright lights and sudden changes from dark to light. However the wound was healed enough now that it was little more than an ache for him.

Still out of curiosity Tengoku would turn in his path and begin to stroll towards the river. He was wearing a loose grey under robe with black lining. Over his left shoulder and tied around his waist was a golden colored kimono with black lining as well and gloves on his hands with no fingers on just his pinkies and ring fingers. He was wearing black socks under shinobi sandals strapped tight with leather straps. Around his neck loosely he wore his headband like a scarf. Tengoku himself was only about six feet tall but built like he lifted brick walls instead of going through doors. His pure snow white hair hung about his frame to just below his chest and a pair of white wolf like ears poked out the top of his head. Amber eyes seemed filled with mirth and a warm smile decorated his face. On his left hip was a single Katana of the finest craft. Black Tetsudashi steel with red veins recently reforged to S rank. However he paid it little mind as he found a lone man washing his face in the river near some slightly damaged training dummies. His eyes resting on the katana for a moment...so much like his first katana.

Tengoku would approach from the direction of the dummies. He would pause there to note the thin cut from the katana and even the spots the kunai had hit. Lethal but barely. Mostly because it was in the neck. He would push his finger into the hole and find it shallow. Interesting. He would continue as he approached the young man and placed his hands on his hips. Smiling to him as he paused a comfortable speaking distance of only about two meters. He didn't recognize this one but that sword suggested it was someone with a mind like his own. A katana in hand turned a fighter into a warrior. Still he seemed tired for the time being. However Tengoku would speak in a friendly tone as he greeted the man.

"Sorry for the intrusion my good man. However I couldn't help but hear your battle cry some moments ago. I am sure the training dummies were absolutely terrified. Tell me sir, are you a local? I don't believe we have met before. Oh yes my apologies. Introductions. I am Shinku Tengoku. A jounin of Konoha."

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:02 pm

There was a break in Maigo's pondering as the sound of a voice broke from behind him, his eyes turned backwards as he rotated and began to stand from his kneeling position. Curiously wide eyes would look over the ornately dressed man who made Maigo look like he was a bit under dressed in his most simple pants, and single sleeveless shirt that was tied around his waste with a larger belt. The only interesting things on him were the two hip pouches on the back of his hips and the katana that he wore at his waist along with it. Aside from, the only other interesting things about Maigo were how tired he had become in such a short span and the sweat he had already begun to build up at the edge of his hairline. As Maigo would look them man in front of him over almost blankly before meeting back to the stranger's eyes, an introduction would be finished being made.

Shinku Tengoku. Jounin. A real jounin before him, with the stature to match it, it seemed only appropriate but at the same time, he seemed so... kind? His ornate appearance and full smile to match his demeanor. He's almost not what Maigo expected from a fully fledged and elite ninja within the village but he also knew that looks could be deceiving and for all he knew. This man's jutsu could be incredibly powerful, the kind of techniques that could end him instantly. Or perhaps his skill with weaponry was so elite that he never missed the placement of a throw or even his strength unbounded that he could bring down walls in a single punch! A quick mental snap as Maigo's imagination was beginning to run away with itself, quickly he'd force himself back down to reality a second later.

Quickly straightening up, Maigo would nod before falling into a small bow of respect before looking back up at Tengoku, "Sorry about that, it wasn't really a-" and Maigo's words would cut off while his eyes would glance up and to the left in thought for a moment, thinking back to his yell to match that of his imaginary enemies. A slight chuckle would strike him as he would raise an arm to the back of his head and begin to rub it in embarrassment,

"Well, I guess it was a bit of a battle cry after all..."

His chuckle would fade after a moment and he would extend a hand out to offer in a shake for his greeting,

"No sir here though, just Maigo. Maigo Mugetsu." He would finish off waiting for Tengoku to either accept or reject his hand shake. In that moment catching a glimpse of the fine blade and lingering for a second before his eyes would flicker back quickly to the man in front of him to make eye contact.

"Anyways, I'll do my best to keep it down around here. I apologize if I interrupted any of your own training or Kenjutsu practice." Maigo would collect himself fully before bowing his head and folding his hands in front of him to offer his apology, waiting for further response from Tengoku.

[532 words]

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Tengoku would listen to Maigo as he spoke. It seemed his focus had been on practice after all. But would that be all of it? Already he seemed tired. If they were going to build this young warrior up to a point where he would be...well frankly...of any use in a fight then they were going to have to work on that. When he extended his hand to shake Tengoku would smile and take it. Quickly adjusting his grip to be as light as possible. The moment they touched he could tell this ones grip was also soft. Perhaps they had only just begun their training. Not yet having a proper grip or stance with their styles. Tengoku already felt a need to help shed some wisdom on this one. However there were the basics to cover. He wished he had actually seen the training so far instead of hearing it in the distance and deducing it all. He wasn't as smart as his more brainy peers. People focusing on other avenues instead of raw physical strength. Power in a fight was just as important though to Tengoku. He had experienced genjutsu and he had experienced a blade. Of the two he would prefer the genjutsu. Still the young man offering to be quieter would bring a light chuckle from Tengokus lips as he released his hand and placed his hands back on his hips. Speaking in return to the comment.

"Not at all. Though I assure you fighting without shouting will do you a great deal of good when it comes to preserving energy. Besides that most forms of martial arts begin with breath control. If you run out of breath your attacks become weak and sluggish. Lastly from a tactical point of view all your shouting will do is draw in nearby people. This could be allies but more typically it will be enemies or worse, innocents to be caught in the crossfire. All a battle cry is designed to do is lower the morale against you. As for my own training, Perhaps I can learn more from studying you no? I would like to try something with you if you would. But it requires that you believe in me fully. Don't worry this won't be dangerous for you. I want you to attempt to cut me down with your strongest blow. As fast and as accurate and as powerful as you can. I assure you I will not be harmed."

If Maigo would comply Tengoku would stand still and smile. Watching patiently and quietly as Maigo prepared. In the event that Maigo tried this to him it would appear as if Tengoku hadn't moved but suddenly his swing was redirected to either side of Tengoku. As if his blow had missed entirely without Tengoku moving at all. Those amber eyes watching him with an amused smile. The reality of it was that Tengoku was moving far faster than Maigo could perceive. He was moving his hand to lightly move the sword as it came at him. Careful not to use too much strength. Simply moving the path of the blade away from himself while studying the form. Finally Tengoku would speak as he rubbed the stubble on his chin lightly.

"Hmm did you only just begin training by chance? Before we can get too much into forms we need to start with the basics. Which involves rigoursly training the body and a specific high protein diet. Oh but that is of course if you choose to let me train you. You have some good instincts with your body So I think we can get somewhere. If you want. I do warn you though....you're going to want to quit."

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Maigo let the words sink in a bit, stunned almost as the jounin started lecturing him on the efficacy of the shouting he had done. Of course, all the words made perfect sense and somewhere in Maigo's mind, he knew all of those things but it didn't stop him. Maigo would nod along and acknowledge Tengoku until the topic of conversation shifted suddenly. It was a weird, Maigo nearly narrowed his eyes as he encouraged him to go on. Wanting to study me? It was certainly a very weird way of putting it but by the time he had finished explaining what he wanted to happen, Maigo was almost in shock.

Of course, Maigo had locked in that he was a jounin and knew that there was nothing he could do to win a true battle against the man before him but it was still so shocking to have someone to ask you to attack them with your best attack. The very concept rattled Maigo and quickly he would fire, back,

"Sure, but are you sure about this?" Hesitant words would come out as he would reach back to his katana. A sudden surge of emotions overcame in an instant as a chance to train with a real jounin, if only for an instant, was such an exciting concept. At the same time though, what if the jounin had a counter planned, one that would absolutely crush him, he would have to stay on guard but what could he realistically do?

Those thoughts would subside with any final confirmation from Tengoku before he would center himself and take his stance. Setting his feet apart and taking stance roughly a meter away from Tengoku while he gripped his katana firmly with his dominant hand closer to the guard. Maigo was uncertain for a second what his strongest blow would actually be? A short hesitation would set into the air as Maigo looked over his opponent as the man before him would seem totally unphased by Maigo's preparation and threat of attack. In an instant Maigo could tell that his form was far from perfect, his feet felt heavy, like they were carrying more of his weight than he wanted from them being too far apart, his shoulders were squared away with the man in front of him but his hips were skewed just slightly. He had leaned just a touch too far forward and each of those actions would show terribly in his strike but this was how he felt he could incorporate as much power as possible into his attack.

With quickly gritted teeth, Maigo would pull the sword back and upwards as quickly as he could before cutting down as fast as he could towards the mans torso, going for a complete diagonal strike through his entire body. It was fast, before Maigo knew it there was no resistance and his eyes refocused on the scene in front of him, his blade falling nearer the ground than he expected and he had cut nothing. His blade had suddenly moved, or Tengoku had moved? He was cutting down just the center of him. Maigo's golden eyes would expand for just an instant as he tried to put together what just happened but nothing was coming to piece the puzzle together in an instant.

All he knew in that instant, was that this guy had some skill beyond Maigo's comprehension. That fact along was almost infuriating that he was so weak that he couldn't even follow or understand someone's actions let alone compete against them.

The worst of it though, was the lack of resistance he expected within his swing and his forward momentum that kept him moving forward, now tilting towards the ground. Maigo took a large sudden step forward with his dominant foot to catch his balance and keep himself standing. With a large sigh afterwards, Maigo would step back into his original place, almost embarrassed at his misstep at the end and showing his real lack of skill to the jounin in front of him.

With a small cough to clear his throat, Maigo would begin to listen as Tengoku began to comment and sheath his katana back at his waist. The embarrassment grew quickly as the thought that he was so green took center stage of his thoughts. However, Tengoku's continuation and offer to train him shocked Maigo, his eyes darting to meet the man's in front of him with an almost confused appearance to them.

The final thought broke all concentration in his mind. Quitting?

"Never." Maigo would put bluntly with the resolve of his entire person behind him, a fiery passion burned in his eyes for a second as he stood a bit taller for just a second before responding further. "Quitting is not an option, and if you think you can make me stronger, then I'll do whatever it takes, no excuses." Maigo would clench a fist tightly while still holding himself tall.

A curious thought struck him though and words began to fall out of his mouth before his brain could tell him not to speak and Maigo's stature would become much more casual in an instant. "Also, it's not like I just started training but how did you avoid that strike? Was it a jutsu like substitution tehnique but hidden?" Maigo began to rattle off as his imagination tried to slow down the scene that had just passed and would begin to fill in the gaps with whatever wild scenarios he could ponder in the few seconds before Tengoku would most likely respond.

[931 words]

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Tengoku would listen to the young mans confidence and smile happily. Someone else who was like him when it came to the sword. For a moment he saw his reflection as a younger tinier version of himself in the young man. That dedication to get stronger and learn was something that had served Tengoku well to this point. If nothing else he was happy to teach a student who used the sword. Matsu and that Uchiha girl were both taijutsu specialists. Which also suited Tengoku since that was another field of his. But the sword was almost a holy thing to study. One who dedicated to the katana specifically would find that their method of training was focused, disciplined and worthy. To wield a katana was to dedicate oneself to the principles behind the weapon. The Samurai called it Bushido but Tengoku knew he was no samurai. He was a shinobi but a shinobi with a sense of honor. He would hope that this young man would respect the katana as Tengoku did and if he did let Tengoku train him he would follow them indeed. To the point of sore fingers and deadweight arms he would follow a path of honor.

The inquiry to how Tengoku avoided the strike and if it was a technique of some sort made Tengoku chuckle before he would clear his throat and shake his head no. Warm mirth holding in those amber eyes and voice. "No no nothing like that my boy. Jutsu and stances will help improve your technique and abilities. However they are only building on whatever is already there." Tengoku would wink and then suddenly he was gone. He was showboating but he wanted this kid to want to be his student. Besides he kind of liked showing off. Maybe that made him a dick...maybe it didn't. But he would clear his throat as he stood a meter behind Maigo now with one of his kunai pouches in his hand. To which he would toss back to the kid. He had simply moved so fast that Maigo wouldn't even feel the tug of him taking the weapons pouch. Instead Tengoku would smile and speak once more. "Limits for the body are typically placed based on what the average man is capable of. We will focus on your physical training first. To explain. I'm not using a jutsu. I am simply far too quick for your eyes to follow. My raw physical power is the base I build my techniques from."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Quick decline and a chuckle in return, Maigo's confused look would expand for a moment as he wondered what was so funny about his question? Or wonder, for an instant, if it had been a rather stupid question? However the true answer seemed to be coming to him in a rather roundabout way that Maigo listened to intently. The real meat of it was a focus on, building what was already there. A concept that perplexed for only an instant as Maigo wondered if he meant building up his chakra? And in a flash, Tengoku had disappeared in front of him, completely erased from the spot he was in just a second ago, Maigo's eyes would flicker around to try to discover where his soon-to-be teacher had teleported to but instead a voice broke behind him immediately capturing his attention as Maigo would spin around to see.

Tengoku had carried a warm smile and perhaps, even a bit of playful joy as Maigo stood nearly bewildered as he caught the pouch in both of his hands, the weight of his kunai and materials catching him slightly off guard as his arms would fall slightly to catch the weight of everything. Tengoku would quickly begin to explain what had happened, the reasoning for why he had moved to that level and astonished, Maigo would shut his mouth and gulp lightly.

Physical training first. There was absolutely no doubt in Maigo's mind that he needed to begin to advance his skills considerably if he were ever going to reach the upper echelon of shinobi. The fact of the matter though was that Tengoku was exceedingly capable, moving faster than Maigo could follow was a feat. He was a blur to the average man at best, it would take exceptionally skilled shinobi to even keep up with him and still... that was only the foundation for his jutsu? Truly, Maigo would have to train very hard for a long time to build his own foundation to that level. It was nearly shocking to even contemplate that level of growth but he would solidify himself internally and once Tengoku was done, he would straighten up and nod.

"Very well, it's obvious that I need to become at least that strong and that fast. So whatever training you have for me, whatever the pain I endure and suffer as a result, I will endure it completely. Whenever you're ready, sensei."

Maigo would offer his final words with a small bit of reverence to hold the weight of that saying. Tengoku was now his teacher, whether for in this moment alone or for years to come, it was obvious that Maigo could learn from him. Had to learn from him. This was his route to becoming the ninja that he needed to. His route to gaining strength that could be used in battle and to defend this village and its people. His eyes would lock in with an intent focus and passion while he waited for the next steps from Tengoku.

[505 words]

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Tengoku would watch the catch and consider what to start with. The kid in front of him had a lot of dedication by the sounds of it to getting stronger. Well kid was a stretch really. After all Tengoku was only around twenty two. He was an orphan or at least abandoned at birth with his twin so they had no real idea about birthdays. Still he would cross his arms and think. His sister and he had sparred to grow stronger but the difference between them would mostly just be bullying. Tengoku didn't think someone grew all that well from just being dominated over and over again. It was discouraging to have no chance. Although the speed he had moved at and the time they first came back to the village and met Haku...it reminded him of that. He would smile as he considered the day they met the Hokage. Or at least the one who claimed the seat at the time. He had never met them again but they gave him a sword. One he prized on a senju wood mantel in his home now. Perhaps eventually he would introduce Maigo to Ashitaka and get a proper sword made. For now though endurance and reaction time would come into play for the training. Along with some perception skills. He would need to hold back a little for this but it wasn't something that he couldn't control. Instead he would speak as he grinned a little bit. He liked this dedication after all.

"Alright then. When you throw up from exhaustion remember those words. Now sheath your sword so it doesn't get damaged. For now we are going to work on three important aspects. You're stamina, your reaction time and your perception. I am going to have you run from one end of the training grounds to the other until you can't take another step. But that isn't all. I will be popping up in the woods as you go and tossing stones at you. Not enough to do more than sting but it will sting if you don't deflect them with your sheathed weapon. Don't worry I intend to slow it down for you. No need to injure you on day one with an impossible task after all."

Tengoku would wink before moving to the nearby stream and collecting a dozen rocks. All small and smooth like pebbles but it was clear he wasn't kidding. Once he scooped them up he would rise to his feet and shove most of them into his robes to hang there above his belt. One left in each hand as he tossed the one in his right hand up and down. Getting a feel for it. He would need to barely toss these or the stone would kill the kid. Like a cannon ball fired from one of the ship cannons but on a smaller scale. He would glance over to Maigo with amber eyes as he nodded to the east in the direction of the far wall.

"No dilly dallying now. Off you go."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Stamina. Reaction Time. Perception.

Maigo would nod with conviction as Tengoku reiterated to keep his words in mind even when things became tough and then proceeded to outline their plan. As far as the concepts went, Maigo couldn't disagree with him at all. Stamina would be needed to hold his own in any sort of extended fight while at the same time, he would need Reaction Time and Perception to keep up with and react to anything going on around him. In that moment, the breakdown of what he would train had Maigo nearly gulp at the concept at how interconnected physical skills were to accomplish feats like that. One pillar without the others would create a situation where he would be outclassed on his deficits alone, no matter how skilled he was anyways.

However, Maigo's task for the day to start this training was honestly much simpler than he could imagine. He'd be running from one end of the training grounds to the other. While... Tengoku tossed stones and pebbles at him? The promise of slowing things down calmed Maigo slightly as he knew that at the speed he moved, it would be impossible for him to follow or to avoid at any level. Still, Maigo would offer a quick acknowledgment and sheathed his sword away like he was asked to, holding it to his side at his waist while Tengoku finished and gathered his set of stones.

With a final abbreviation, he would send Maigo off while smiling, almost like he was about to have some fun with this himself but for Maigo, his eyes focused and a final deep breath let off before he would quickly turn on his heels and begin to run towards the east end of the training grounds. His legs were slow to move at first, he pulled the sword while still sheathed out of his belt and began to tie the sheathe to the blade quickly. Within a few more steps, Maigo would begin to lengthen his stride and start to run at his absolute full speed that he could muster.

His thoughts immediately turned towards the idea of small stone and rocks being thrown in his general direction. While Maigo had no intention of slowing his pace, he could feel every step beginning to weigh on him as his head would dash around while looking for the direction of his attacker. Eyes flickering from area to area and trying to track his own blind spots quickly. Undoubtedly, his pace would slow with the extremity of his checking. Perception. That was the key here, to perceive where things were, work through the patterns and identify any abnormality that could lead to an enemy.

His eyes would train intently on the details of his environment, the flowing water of the stream, the color of the dirt and grass and notable trees beyond it. Every detail flowing in, and more literally hitting a brick wall as he would probably forget 95% of what he was checking on. Somewhere in there, there would be an opportunity to apply, learn, and advance but in the meantime, he was just doing what he could.

Step by step. Movement by movement. Waiting to get to the wall and turn for another lap, or to find the stone that would be coming at him.

[555 words]

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Tengoku would watch his new pupil as he took off after sheathing his sword. Tying it off and preparing to wield it. It was good that he could follow instructions. For now though this practice was mind numbingly simple. After all the goal was to see how much punishment he could take while keeping up with the expected attacks. He would gain endurance from this and it would set the bar for future training sessions. He had hopes though. There was dedication in those eyes. He would push to his limits and further. To be honest Tengoku rather liked this Maigo character. He appreciated anyone who could dedicate themselves to personal improvement. He had done so for the last couple of years with near bone breaking training. To be able to pass on his prowess to another...perhaps a future team mate which shared his love for swordplay. Well this was just a great day. Still he would let Maigo get a head start. Watching the kid sprinting off giving it his all and smiling fondly. This next part was going to hurt but it would do him some good. Tengoku didn't like abusing a student but training usually was accompanied by pain.

After Maigo slowed down and for most he would be out of sight Tengoku expanded his sensory. Maigo didn't have a large pool of chakra to track but given how no one else was around it made it fairly easy. So with a breath Tengoku would step and move into the trees. Within seconds he would move forward and pass Maigo as a yellow blur to get ahead of him. He didn't expect to start off with any tricks so the first two stones were clear to see. Tengoku would be ahead each time by about twenty meters. The first time was a toss from the side. Accurate to dead center of Maigo's chest but only thrown at D rank speed. Tengoku barely tossing it underhanded. But Maigo would be able to see it and react since it was twenty meters out. The second one was another forty meters ahead and once again Tengoku would underhand toss it and this time aim for a shoulder but at the same speed. It was clear he wasn't putting in much effort in the throws. If anything it was a struggle to hold back enough. Still after the second one he would move to slowly run next to Maigo for a second. Not a bead of sweat on his brow. After all he may as well have been walking.

"Alright thats the warm up. You have a feel for the speed that they will be coming at now and the concussive force you will feel blocking them. I'm going to add in some curves coming up so be ready for that. Once we reach the far wall you can take a moment to catch your breath and drink some water. Then we make the run back the other way. You ready?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:25 pm

A stunted breath as Maigo gave a small jump to clear over a slightly larger branch that blocked his path, feet landing and feeling the intensity of his movement as he began to accelerate once again. Maigo's eyes would flicker around, maybe deceiving him that the slight blurring at his peripherals were various instances of Tengoku working his way through the treeline and the rest of the training ground to get a better angle on him or to end up blocking his path. Perhaps it was pure anxiety that was building in anticipation but it would all fade in an instant as Maigo's eyes caught the first of his attackers.

Like a kunai streaking through the air, the projectile was flying fast and dangerous through the air towards him, the blade streaking right towards his chest. Maigo's eyes twisted and his body began to shift as things seemed to slow down. Everything but the image of the kunai which kept coming towards him and splitting the air, it was too late though. Maigo's body had twisted slightly as his feet planted into the ground to change his momentum but instead the kunai would slice across his body at his ribs. The image of the kunai tore his clothing and severed his skin at the edge of contact while pouring a bit of blood out. Everything seemed to stagnate in Maigo's head while he felt the slow sting of contact across the side of his ribs.

In reality though, the stone merely caught the edge of him and then slid off of himself before the stone would bounce off Maigo to the ground then bounce to a stop just past him. The pain was actually fairly mild and no blood had been spilled however, Maigo felt the pain of it and the feeling of soft tissue forming into a bruise at the point of contact. It wasn't long after but much further away that a second stone would begin its approach towards his shoulder.

Maigo had stayed moving and on the run, but this time he used his sudden shift in momentum to continue to that shift. And instead of falling towards the left to avoid the stone, he would almost come to a complete stop before changing directly and ducking while beginning to run to the right. His movements were still slow and although he could feel himself able to react to the incoming attacks but it almost didn't amount for much. The second stone passed right over his shoulder, moving almost towards his arm, the wind splitting past it and the sound of the stone cutting the air passed by his ear before hitting the ground behind him.

That didn't matter one bit though as Maigo continued on sprinting towards the wall while keeping his eyes trained on the relative direction where the first two stones had come from, trying to find Tengoku and where he might be at. Instead, Tengoku would pull up alongside him and begin to speak, offering his notes about the warm up. He looked so relaxed at that point it was almost concerning, Maigo would nod and then arrive at the wall to place an open palm against the surface and mark his first 'lap' complete.

Maigo would quickly grab some water and begin to catch his breath, not totally exhausted but feeling the loss of energy within his core and essence easily. "Alright, lets keep it going then." Maigo would let out quickly after taking a quick gulp of water and splashing some on his face as well. With a quick movement, Maigo would take a few deep and controlled breathes while putting his small water pouch away again in his pack. It wouldn't be but a moment later that Maigo would dig his heel into the ground and push off, aiming for a full length run across the training ground to get to the other wall.

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:30 am

Tengoku would quietly watch his student as he attempted to dodge and possibly parry any of the incoming rocks. Tengoku wasn't throwing them all that fast in his mind but they seemed to still be difficult for this kid to evade. Getting remarkably close. Or no...one even hit a little. Had that been a blade Maigo would be in some trouble. So this was the extent of his current level huh? Still the kid would reach the far wall dripping sweat and gasping for air before drinking some water and catching his breath. This next run would be considerably further so Tengoku didn't push him to keep going. Keeping hydrated and working on breathing exercises was good at this level. No need to torment the body when getting a hang of the basics. Well beyond normal means anyway. This Maigo character was dedicated but Tengoku wasn't kidding when he said he was gonna run him until he vomited. Still as the young man rehydrated Tengoku would shift a rather flat rock between his fingers before speaking again. Amber eyes fixated on Maigo as he spoke.

"Alright then in this next one I want you to try and parry with your sword while it's sheathed more if you can. Sometimes its easier and faster to move your arm than your whole body. Lets go ahead and get started."

Tengoku would watch him take off and wait a moment. Letting him get out of sight into the woods a moment. Tengoku was going to let him become either hyper aware or let down his guard by letting him get to the halfway point before he struck. At that point the pace would slow and his body would begin to regulate it's breathing just to keep going. He would naturally begin learning how to breath to keep air in his lungs even when running. How he couldn't keep full pace for that long but his breathing could be managed. Likely it would burn in his lungs and legs. Breathing was a huge part in swordplay. Still he would wait a couple of minutes before stepping and seeming to completely disappear from view with a few blades of grass kicked up from where he took off. Catching up to the half mile mark quickly. Spotting Maigo well before he ever got close and preparing his next attack. The next one was to demonstrate not all attacks were as they seemed.

Tengoku would twist his hand as he appeared in clear view ahead of Maigo to the left. Underhand tossing what appeared to be one rock at D rank speed. Flying low to hit Maigo around chest level. However the position of the rock was important to take up vision. Under it was the flat rock hidden by the first one. The attack holding a hidden attack behind it. Then Tengoku would fade into the trees again before popping up once more at the three quarters of the distance or so. This time he threw a rock from Maigo's right. Only this one was obviously going to miss. By a noticeable margin. However a loud thunk on the tree to maigos left would be heard as it bounced off and rebounded at Maigo from the other direction. A feint with an attack from slightly behind Maigo. To teach that an opponent may be craftier than just head on attacks. Once that was done Tengoku would move to the far wall as the ending destination and lean against it. Waiting for Maigo to arrive with a smile. A good mile and a half run and some bruises to go with it.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:35 pm

""Parry with my sword, got it... Maigo would let out of the exhales in his breath before lining up again and preparing himself. A slight stretch before he would begin to run forwards, gaining speed on quickly soring legs before he would reach down and unsheathe his sword, holding it in front of him before setting it into position and watching wearily for any incoming stones. Continuing on the path that he had decided to cross the training ground in a near straight line would find him passing over several smaller hurdles in a literal sense. A large tree root that he would take a small hop to pass over before landing heavily on flat feet before continuing on.

It was in this moment that he would feel his weight beginning to become another impediment to his progress and speed, his legs were starting to slow but for small bursts of steps he would be able to keep his pace up. His swords hold would be slightly weaker, his form fading as his attention would divide in order to keep his pace and path up but would shift briefly here and there. Still. the exercise would continue and the first stone would come into view, Maigo quickly flicking the sword back to in front of him, holding it near chest level and slowing his pace while he focused on the incoming projectile. Continuing on, the blade would twist slightly and Maigo would wait for contact to land before he would swipe and try to knock it away to his right. However, Maigo was not at all ready for the attack hidden within it, slightly lower than the original but his sword was already out of position and his only reaction would be to twist slightly.

The rock would land into his side just above his hip bones and press into him, a small grunt would release as Maigo would try to power through it before landing back on his right foot with a single limp before adjusting. The rock itself would slide past him and fall just behind him while he continued on again, feeling the sting and dull thudding in his hip. WIthout further hesitation though, Maigo would feel the wisp of another stone rushing past him but missing, Maigo's eyes watching carefully as he continued on his path. The stone would land into a tree and begin to ricochet back into his direct path, Maigo would quickly hold up his sword aiming to block it but just a second too late. He probably could have stopped running, change direction, or any other number of actions but aching legs and a clouded brain just focused on continuing led him to give it a shot to block it. In the end though, the stone would collide right into the apex of his shoulder, turning his body slightly so that it would glance off and continue past him, he would feel another sting carrying into his shoulder.

The soreness of both where he'd been hit and his own fatigue was carrying on his body as he would finally make his way to the far end of the training ground, letting an open palm slap against the wall at the far end to signify the completion of the nexr lap. Standing straight up afterwards, he would place his hands on top of his head while controlling his breathing and waiting for the next direction from Tengoku.

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:17 pm

Tengoku would note when the pebbles hit their mark. It wasn't enough to fracture any bones of course but it would sting and leave a bruise for a few days if he didn't seek out healing. Still Tengoku would seem to fade from vision and the attacks were few and far in between. He was pushing the kid to get stronger and faster. To be more aware of surroundings and to expect odd attacks here and there in combat. However for the last bit of the run he would leave Maigo alone to barely seem to reach the wall before he was gasping for air. Tengoku would seem to appear ten meters away with his arms crossed. His amber eyes watching as his right wolf like ear twitched. Watching him and the sweat drenching him. He was at his limit. He was in pain and chances were his legs felt like they were on fire. His stomach was likely in a knot and the only thing keeping him going was likely adrenaline. If he didn't get moving now then chances were he wouldn't be able to in a couple of minutes. So Tengoku spoke up to him. Harshly.

"You need to be prepared for tricks up your opponents sleeve. A hidden attack within an attack or one from an unexpected direction. You don't have time to stop now. Get moving back to the other wall. If your legs burn then FIGHT THROUGH IT! If your breathing feels like fire than BREATH ANYWAY! MOVE MOVE MOVE!"

He shouted at the end a little. He didn't like doing it but he wanted to prove something to this kid. That he could do the impossible. That he could will himself into running again. When all the odds were stacked against him he could do this run one last time. To push passed his limits and push forward. To complete another lap. Still Tengoku would watch him if he continued to run only this time when he was to the tree line Tengoku would create a shadow clone of himself and burst after him. The clone and Tengoku flanking him as they each tossed pebbles one after the other. Unlike before this time it was more like a war zone with less accuracy. More pebbles were denting into trees than actually heading for Maigo. Tengoku was careful to leave a route through the wreckage.

"Keep moving and stay low. Watch for patterns in the attacks and take advantage of them. Sometimes your objective is on the other side of a group of enemies or a battlefield. Overcome your demons telling you to turn back and reach that wall. In a mission lives will depend on it. Or you can collapse here and be done with it. Don't slow down just keep pushing through the pain. Full pace to the wall!"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Harsh words would lead to harsh movements, Tengoku's change of tone and direction would light a fire underneath Maigo. Maybe it was one part fear and another part adrenaline that pushed him forwards. Watch for tricks, it was a lesson certainly not to trust his opponents and to be aware of everything around him. It was a lot of lessons but before Maigo could digest anything that was going on he was ushered forward. The shout to push forward to keep going and move had Maigo already pressing into burning legs and what felt like tearing muscles. The tendons grinding against cramps that were building from overexertion before moving on and continuing to press into the next step and next movements.

Too busy in his mind to focus on his running and performance and too exhausted physically to digest the lessons and ponder on what he had been exposed to and was learning in that moment. Really he had lost himself and was beginning to falter on all of his senses and energy. Before he knew it, the area around him would turn into a literal warzone as Tengoku began to throw stones in rapid succession, in front of him, behind him, around him. It seemed like for every stone thrown that hit Maigo or skimmed against him there were two or three more thrown in his general direction.

Tengoku's calling through everything were like words falling into a white void while Maigo's mind tried to keep on pushing himself forward while taking everything in.

lives will depend on it

Full pace to the wall!

Those final words rang out as Maigo pushed forward, seeing a stone in his peripheral vision Maigo would jump slightly, feeling a slight pop in his muscles as he barely felt himself gain any ground before his momentum shift forward quickly. Planting his body into the ground and falling over a tree branch or slight elevation in the ground but it didn't matter anymore. Shaky arms began to pick his head and chest up after a brief pause, the bend at the elbows were the worst. He expected to be hit by a stone or for Tengoku to yell something in his direction by the time he was able to fully extend his arms. One knee at a time while he lifted himself up slowly off the ground with a disheveled grunt.

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Tengoku would watch the young man quietly. His warzone simulated nicely. He watched as the young Uchiha pushed beyond his limits. Even when he could barely move he kept pushing forward. So far from his comfort zone. He could see the pain in his expression. He could see the determination in the kids fading vision. Memories of his own efforts to reach new physical heights flooding back to him. How many times he had pushed himself and bled here in the hopes for the power to protect. To becomes stronger when all his childhood he had been considered weak. He heard the muscles pop as the kid jumped to avoid a rock. Watching him collapse he felt his own breath catch. He stood there now with no more rocks flying. He stood at the wall just a dozen meters away from the kid laying there beyond his limits. He could feel himself silently willing the kid on. ' cmon kid. you can do it...get up! You have to get up! You want to be a hero don't you? cmon get up!' were the thoughts that raced through his head. He would watch as the kids shaking hands pushed against the ground. Pushing himself forward. Onwards despite being done. Chills of excitement ran through Tengoku as he smiled. He was doing it. He was forcing himself to his feet. 'Cmon kid. Just a little bit further and you can rest. Just make it to the wall and it's all done for you.'

Tengoku would watch the kid as he pushed forward. Having gotten back to his feet from sheer willpower and pushed on. He was beaming with pride from this kid he just met pushing himself so hard. Covered in bruises and barely able to move. Still Tengoku didn't move to help him. He stood there at the wall and waited. Watching. Maigo had to get through this hurdle on his own or he wouldn't see how important the will to continue on was. He was wasted from exhaustion and likely barely able to perceive much around himself now. Tengoku would quietly stay out of the way and watch to see if the kid stumbled the rest of the way and only move once he touched the wall. Reaching out with his right arm to catch him if her started to fall. Easily hiking him over one shoulder like a sack of grain before smiling and speaking with a tone that matched his smile.

"You did good Maigo. Now it's finally time to rest. Now you understand that where there is a will there is a way. Now I am gonna take you home. Once there I want you to spend no less than two days resting and hydrating. Let your muscles repair themselves and don't take shortcuts like med nin if you don't have anything really broken. If the muscles heal too quickly they won't be as strong as they could be. The water will help your body process its need to heal. Now where do you live?"

If Maigo answered him he would heft him to a comfortable position to both of them rather easily before making sure he had a good hold. Then in a sudden burst of speed they would be sailing through the air over the wall back to Maigo's place. Cold air flying around them as they moved so quickly most wouldn't be able to see them. Once at Maigo's place he would put him on the couch and leave quietly. Letting the exhausted kid rest after one hell of a day at the training facilities.

exit thread
    8 x 15 (+5 training facility) = 120 exp

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Muscles ached and burned as he pushed himself off the ground and pressed his knee to the ground before planting a single foot. The step upward brought about a good bit of forward momentum, he'd stopped thinking about how many laps he'd done, how many times he had been hit, and the lessons that Tengoku was trying to impart to him. Instead, he just focused on getting up and closing the last stretch of the run. His steps were rugged and hardly moving forward, like a limp with less control before he was moving forward again. Heavy breathes lined his steps as his eyes wandered around and his hands gripped the hilt of his sword tightly.

Eventually, Maigo would stumble forward, his final steps before he would plant a palm while nearly hunched over and plant himself to the wall. Shortly thereafter Maigo would fall down, turning his body slightly and letting his back slam against the wall and his legs laying out burning and completely worn out in front of him. His sword was laying still gripped in his hand at his side as Tengoku spoke.

He'd done well? But it didn't feel like it, he'd nearly burned himself out. Not so much burning the candle at both ends as he was torching it from one tip to the other. Trying to control his breath and exhaustion, Maigo would listen and nod along at Tengoku's instruction to rest up and avoid shortcuts to healing. It made sense he supposed but really, he was just ready to finally relax.

Maigo would mutter out some words, doing his best between heaved breaths to explain where his home was before Tengoku would pick him up and situate him in a comfortable way. Maigo would offer a simple,

"Thanks..."

Before he would fall a bit limp and finally let his muscles begin to melt away like they wanted to. Instantly, Tengoku would dash forward and into the air, cool breeze cooling Maigo's face and pushing his hair back. He held on lightly and his body would lean backwards from the momentum while he watched the blur of everything passing by and let the air cool off his sweat and exhaustion. Before long, Maigo would find himself melting into the soft cushions of his couch and would offer a wave and final thanks to Tengoku, ready to rest and let his muscles start to repair and relax. He'd finally had a taste of it, a real amount of training to truly get him ready for the next level, understanding finally what it took to really improve.

[Exit Thread]
    [9 * 15 (+5 training facility) = 135 XP)]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am