Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Refined Nightmare (Sero)

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Village : N/A

A Refined Nightmare (Sero) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Refined Nightmare (Sero)

Post by Sero Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Madrigal would board and Sero would pay no mind to the captain as he did as well. An aircraft such as this only required a skeleton crew when operating as a shuttle so there were perhaps only four men in total. Still once Sero was on board and it was clear no one else was boarding the ramp would be lifted and soon the aircraft would lift as well. A feeling of upward movement barely noticeable to Sero who cared nothing for the view out the ports. A mere sound of a 'hmm' was the reply to them having the ship to themselves. After all Sero had no interest in those too afraid to stand near him. To him they were simply too weak to be of interest. For if someone could not even bear his presence they would not make a mark upon the world. Still the series of questions drew that cold blue gaze over to the other man. The ship creaking as the hot air balloons inflated further and the sails caught. This one held a great deal of questions but of course Sero would answer them. He sought not to hide from anyone. Should they come for his head they would need to take care to keep their own.

"The nightmare brigade currently consists of three of us. Sayuri is the mistress of winter. A talented Ice user that can freeze a group of men solid in a breath or bring forth abominations of ice to tear her foes apart. The second of those who follow me is Azreal. A man many may find difficult to associate with but currently set upon by the plague that causes a deep slumber. When he awakens though he refers to himself as legion. He can infiltrate the mind and toy with it as a child plays with building blocks. The two of them have a different connection than either has with me. For now we reside in a cave near the forbidden aisles but that location builds distrust with some in Kiri. A large part of my wish to move. None of us mind it as living spaces go but for the village itself to be at ease we would gain an actual headquarters. Allow them to monitor us more freely. As far as rules go there is but one. No innocent blood shall be shed. Our purpose is to target those who have abandoned the law and placed bodies on their path for their own greed. Not all criminals deserve a death sentence of course. Our targets are those who have it coming."

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Madrigal would listen to the man as he spoke, noting the names and what he said this 'Sayuri' and 'Azrael' could do. An Ice user and what sounded like a Genjutsu user it would seem. With Sero provided various offensive and defensive capabilities and he himself within the close quarters aspect of a fight they would already make a formidable team before anyone was added to it. The 'different' connection between them made him think there was some kind of relationship but it didn't matter to him. What people did in their private time was of little matter to him so long as they didn't bother him with it. His earlier assumption of the 'temporary housing' proved fruitful as it was indeed within a cave and to make it even better it was apparently a cave that some people wouldn't like them to be living in. Which was why they needed to find more permanent housing. In all reality, it seemed to him like Sero was simply trying to be considerate of those within the village given his..aura. Choosing to live in a cave near the villages outskirts was simply trying to keep those who would be affected by it to a bare minimum. So if people within the village had a problem with them living there then it would be them Madrigal approached about a solution. After all, if they were the ones with the problem then surely they could be the ones to find the solution now couldn't they?

The rule of no innocent bloodshed seemed simple enough as Madrigal wasn't some horrible mass murderer or anything. Or even a regular murderer for that matter, if one of those existed. However the specification of 'only those who have placed bodies within their path' was odd. Squinting at the man in thought he would ask another question. "You speak of those who have 'placed bodies within their path' as being our targets. So we only target those who kill? What of other crimes? I'm not talking of petty theft, but what of rape, torture and abuse? Not all horrible crimes leave a body behind." He would ask.

Ryo: 171,375
    Stats:

• Stamina: C
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: D

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:48 pm

Sero would listen to the man as the ship rose above the tree's and slowly turned towards the emporium. His blue eyes never blinking as he hardly moved. Like a wraith placed alone with the man in a cargo hold. Even with it having been freshly cleaned there was a smell underlying the scent of cleaning materials. A scent common in this world if one was being honest. Most would find it distasteful but it bothered Sero not. Nor did the scent of blood lingering from their battle. Instead he would attempt to push chakra through his arm once more. Unable to do so still even as he focused on it. So even though the effects were likely temporary there was no quick solution to it. Even a forced genjutsu Kai which he did attempt proved fruitless. He was running his own experiments on the effects as they rode the contraption but all to no avail. Perhaps if he had medical expertise but he did not. A frightful power indeed. Still the question posed next was a valid one. To which Sero would calmly reply as the ship began to come into dock. The emporium drawing ever closer. A short ride for such a vehicle.

"Leaving bodies in their path is spoken openly as a metaphor in some cases. More often than not it is the villages decision who it is we end. Leaving the judgement to our superiors as a good soldier does. However that metaphor does not simply stop at physical bodies. Some things are left behind when a cruel act is done. A part of one is lost when their bodies are used against their will. Or when they fall to the influence of drugs peddled by people with cruel intentions. In short while the village decided the fates of these men and sends us where they see fit, it is our own judgement that befalls these men and women. If their lives bring nothing but cruelty to those around them they are a poison and Kirigakure the body. The nightmare brigade is the antidote. However there are those who simply commit crimes based on circumstance. I am not under the illusion that our nation is without it's own troubles. A thief may steal out of hunger. A stalker out of misplaced affection. So long as their actions do not rise to a certain level of cruelty that damages those who would be deemed innocent around them they are not our concern. We are death commeth for the wicked. Judging each soul on it's merits and flaws."

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Madrigal would listen to the man as he clarified on the statement and would nod as he explained that in reality it was any crime that left an innocent harmed. At least those who the powers that be in Kirigakure sent them after anyway. That was fair enough and Madrigal would consider his next question as the ferry arrived at the Emporium, disembarking the man would roll his neck, letting the little pops and cracks sound as he turned back to Sero after moving away from the loading area so that people coming off the next ferry wouldn't have to come too close to them. It was at that point a thought occurred to him. The entire time this aura had been causing discomfort for those around them and it was a curious thing indeed. However was it truly unable to be turned off? Meeting his blue haired companions eyes again he would speak, a curious tone in his voice.

"Are you unable to turn off that aura of yours? Are you interested in trying to find out if you ever can?" He would ask, his head tilted to the side as he considered. The aura was as much as weapon against targets as it was an annoyance to allies. However it had to have more of a drawback. He considered it for a moment before it came to him. 'He can't hide..' He would think as the true drawback of the aura hit him. It really was more of a deterrent to the man than a boon. Unable to hide in stealth, unable to go out in public without attracting unwanted attention, such things alone were large enough drawbacks to want most to be rid of the aura if they could. Madrigal wondered if some precise closing of certain chakra points might allow that to occur? Would Sero be interested in such a thing? Perhaps, but that was up to the man himself.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Sero would exit the ship and as he did a tension seemed to ease from the crew. The security checks at the docks however had no interest in interacting with the two of them. They had just departed in the last couple of hours so there wasn't much of an eagerness to check their identifications again. Security was fairly lax here at the docks after all. Had the terrorist group made it onto the emporium they would have met little resistance getting towards their objective. All in all the missions offered to foreign shinobi were done so these men didn't have to risk their lives. Still Sero would move some distance from the ship until the two of them were away from any crowds and work continued as normal. He wouldn't even spare them a glance as he cared not to enjoy the fear from them. Besides that he could sense each and every one of them within range. Their fear like a chakra signature to him. However within that fear none of them had any killing intent. From the flight or fight response each of them had chosen to cower from him. Which he no longer cared about. It was just a matter of life for him.

Soon they would send in their reports. Representatives from the administration usually wandered the docks recruiting shinobi and paying out for missions completed. Taking reports and menial tasks. Still as they waited a question was poised to him. His eyes would shift to let those cold blue orbs settle on the pale eyes of his companion as he studied him a moment. This was more conversation than he had up until now for some time. Most avoided him for long.

"There are some who it would benefit me to turn it off around. I won't deny that. There is a woman named Kit you will no doubt be meeting in the near future. She is primarily the one investigating me. It would behoove me greatly to be able to turn it off around her. There was even a time in my youth. A child lost and alone in the hospital. His mother dead making him whole, his father dead in an attempt to end him on behalf his clan and the woman he had loved. Such a child dreamed of being normal. However it was as I grew that I recognized this aura as a defining point of my destiny. I am not the common shinobi who sneaks about and eliminates enemies quietly. When I come for someone, they will know it is retribution for their sins. My aura marks me as he who would punish the wicked. I wear it with pride and have no interest in ever seeing it turned off. It is simply who I am."

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Listening to the man's answer, Madrigal would consider his words. The view into the man's past was interesting but ultimately not necessary. It would however be clear that Sero simply didn't want to turn it off, despite the fact that it would make life easier in many ways. H saw it as a large part of himself and Madrigal couldn't fault that logic. After his own change his eyes were now a large part of him and he wouldn't want to see them removed. Despite the looks he got at times when his veins bulged grotesquely when he was using their full capabilities. So he could at least see Sero's perspective somewhat. Although he could also turn his eyes off and on at will so it wasn't the same at all. Still, if Sero wasn't interested in turning off the aura then that was that. Nodding at the man to show that he understood his words he would consider what to ask next before deciding that he had been asking all of the questions thus far. It was probably time to let Sero himself ask a few if he wanted, lest Madrigal just seem to be just trying to squeeze the man for information.

"I've been asking most of the questions and you've been humoring me. Allow me to return the sentiment, anything you want to ask me before we report in?" He would ask, an eyebrow raised as an administrative representative came into view. They could take care of reporting in, collect their pay, and then go their separate way for the moment. There was no need to ask for the location of the cave, with his Byakugan he could find it easily enough given some time and so once they departed they would run into each other again in the not too distant future.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Sero could feel a quiet power surging within him. Something within his spirit. His very chakra. That seal that had been placed on him he knew one thing about it. It wasn't designed to restrain his abilities but rather to seal something within him. To keep something from escaping. He had felt it's power before and even now he could feel it pressing against him. Slowly pushing it's chakra towards the blocked tenketsu. He would allow it out of idle curiosity before feeling it force the pressure point back open. Feeling power return to his arm as it shimmered a moment. He would need to speak to the thing within him soon. Or find a way to anyway. If he could tame that beast within he would make the world tremble when he came to punish. For now though he could barely tap into it. Like turning the spigot on ever so slightly. He could feel it as it surged through him but he could barely access it. He would need to work on that but certainly not near others. If it got out of hand he would need to be away from populated areas. At least until it wore itself out and he took the reigns again.

The sound of the mission partner inquiring if he had any questions for him would bring Sero's cold eyes back into focus as he looked to him before shaking his head. "I see more from the way a person hunts another living person than I gain by asking. You are quick and precise. You don't drag out deaths or mourn the act. Efficiency is your defining trait. You will do well working with me in the future. For now I have something to study up on while I have access to the emporiums resources. If you will excuse me, I will leave the reporting to you." With that Sero would collect his mission pay from a very nervous man who didn't seek to ask him for proof or information. Instead a purse was exchanged and Sero turned without a farewell. He would be seeing the man again soon regardless. He would tuck the purse into his robes as he moved towards the library within the small city. People avoiding him on the streets as he moved. Ignoring them entirely as he continued about his day as if he didn't just brutally kill people. Women included.

Attempted exit
    16 posts
    16x10 = 160 exp

Last edited by Sero on Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:20 pm

Madrigal would nod at Sero’s words, his impression of him had been forthcoming enough. Truth be told Madrigal simply hated getting dirty, he despised getting his clothing covered in blood and so he found the gentle fist style of fighting to be quite conducive to this feeling as he could kill without drawing a single drop of the ruby red substance from anyone. Why, truth be told, he could actually make a death look extremely natural. A chakra spike to the brain or heart kills and leaves no trace. The chakra system dies out so no one can even tell the tenketsu would be blocked. It simply looks like they died in their sleep somehow. No poisons involved, no weapons, no nothing. Just a well placed spike of chakra. Sero would leave the reporting to Madrigal, which made sense seeing as how everyone around Sero wanted desperately for him to not be reporting to them. So his blue haired mission partner would simply take his pay from the man and move down the street in the direction of the library.

Madrigal himself and move over to the man and report in, giving a detailed description of their numbers and the method of killing so the area could be reviewed later. Nodding and taking his own payment purse Madrigal himself would move toward his hotel room. He needed to check out and get on his way to Kirigakure now.

Exit

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 am