Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Swords Kill People

Mae
    Mae
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : Konohagakure

Swords Kill People Empty Swords Kill People

Post by Mae Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:32 pm

Another day of dream shinobi life and Mae was feeling like she was kind of getting used to all this! The training grounds was quickly becoming a second home not only because working out was wayyy better than thinking, but also because of the new people she met there! Instead of using the indoor facility like last time, she decided to go outside and looked at some of the cliffs made of stone. Her eyebrow raised as she looked at the conspicuous rock formation. Maybe it was for rock climbing? No wait! Ninja could run up walls! She smacked herself in the forehead and jumped towards the wall, using the chakra stuff she had heard about in ninja school. She focused real hard on getting her feet to stick to the wall and it worked! Mae was now standing perpendicularly to the ground and was getting a bit dizzy from the change in perspective. She pushed that down and saved the nausea for later! She was a ninja after all, and ninja didn't get nauseous!

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: ?

Swords Kill People Empty Swords Kill People

Post by King of Games Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:32 pm

The member 'Mae' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Swords Kill People VMgm48Z
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Swords Kill People Empty Re: Swords Kill People

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:36 pm

From the top of the risen slab of earth, Natsuki laid, basking in the afternoon sun. While he usually didn't like this time of day, much preferring the morning when the random encounters were few, this awkwardly raised portion of stone was very often overlooked while most shinobi went about their business- just another weird formation left by some inconsiderate doton user.

This new visitor, however, was not "most shinobi." Despite his distance from the ground below, a clear slapping was heard, followed by what sounded like someone punching at the stone. "Eh?" Natsuki chirped, straining to open one eye against the sun. He rolled slightly towards the edge and poked his head over, his long black hair catching the breeze and flowing to the side.

That wasn't a punch at all... Could she be the least graceful shinobi in here, perhaps? Either way, the idea that she'd just run up without knowing he'd be there to greet her was too awkward a greeting than he could stand.

"Hello down there!" Natsuki's hand poked over the edge as well as he waved down to the stranger with a polite smile. "How are you today?" He expected this social interaction to be uneventful and, most preciously, brief.

Character File

Post by King of Games Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:36 pm

The member 'Natsuki Uchiha' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Mae
    Mae
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 pm

A voice from above caused Mae to shriek and she flinched a bit before turning towards the top of the earthen structure. Oh it was just a boy! Potential new friend? Hopefully it wasn’t too embarrassing that she just made that noise. Eh, that doesn’t really matter, but it was an interesting habit that she still had from earth. If her body was unbreakable, she didn’t really have to worry about getting hurt from a surprise attack right? Oh wait, the boy is still waiting for me to respond, I should probably say something. Mae would wave with a sheepish smile and start to walk up the stone wall, note entirely confident to put her whole weight into each step. From an outside perspective it might look like she was tip-toeing up the wall, but to her she was just being careful!

“Hey! I’m doing great! Even better now that I’ve got someone to chat with!” Mae smiled and looked the boy over, noting the sword at his hip. Stars metaphorically shined in her eyes as she saw the blade and she couldn’t help herself. Mae would point enthusiastically towards Natsuki’s weapon and question him. “You use a sword? That’s SO ninja! Have you cut any heads off with it or anything? Sliced any bodies in half?” Mae stopped her enthusiasm short for a second and then palmed herself in the forehead again, not quiet sure how strongly she did so. When her body was this tough, it was hard to measure how aggressively she would hit herself. “Sorry, where are my manners!? My name is Mae, what’s your name?”

Character File

Post by King of Games Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 pm

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 pm

Natsuki recoiled slightly at the shriek- he'd try to spook people in the past for funsies, but he definitely didn't mean to this time. Instead of perhaps taking the nicety and moving on somewhere else, she instead opted to start climbing the side. Letting out a soft sigh, Natsuki pulled himself entirely over the edge and greeted her as perpendicularly as she did.

“Hey! I’m doing great! Even better now that I’ve got someone to chat with!”

Fuck...

“You use a sword? That’s SO ninja! Have you cut any heads off with it or anything? Sliced any bodies in half?”

He took a nervous step backwards up the cliff at her sudden interest, she was just like Sera, but way more... Is simple rude? He shook the thought from his mind.

“Sorry, where are my manners!? My name is Mae, what’s your name?”

"Uh, yes, I suppose, no, no, I have no clue, and Natsuki," he said, scratching the back of his head nervously. "You're a shinobi too, aren't you?" He said, nodding to her feet that were holding her up sideways. "What are you, a taijutsu kinda girl?"

Last edited by Natsuki Uchiha on Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

Character File

Post by King of Games Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 pm

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Mae
    Mae
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 am

Whaa? Mae tried to hide the look of disappointment on her face when Natsuki told her that he hadn’t done any stereotypical ninja things with his sword. What were any of those movies even about if they weren’t based in realism? Well, it was nice to know the boy’s name now. One step closer towards being friends! He asked her if she was a ninja and if she used ties in her jutsu. She raised an eyebrow at the idea of using ties for fighting, but then remembered that sometimes in martial art movies they would use ties to fight and grapple. “Umm. I don’t typically wear a tie, but I wouldn’t be opposed to learning how to jutsu it.” Mae pulled her metal headband out of her pocket and showed the boy her ninja badge. “And yup, I’m totally a ninja too! A geninja.” She smiled and mock-punched the air. “I haven’t gone on any missions yet, but I’m ready to throw myself into danger you know?”

Character File

Post by King of Games Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 am

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm

'Wearing a tie?' 'Jutsu it?' 'Geninja?' What is this girl's deal? Natsuki blinked, dumbfounded, at what in the hell this girl was saying. His mind wandered back to Hibiki and how weird and simple she was, but this girl was something else- she wasn't exactly child-like, but still childish. With all of the peppy happy go lucky attitude of Sera, but with a skull so hollow that a strong breeze would make music through her ears.

Truth be told, she seemed about as far away from being ready for danger as a "geninja" could be- wholly unprepared for what might be out there. "Erm," he started with a skeptical mumble, trying to find the words to keep her safe while keeping her happy. "Well missions can be pretty dangerous, you know; have you learned how to... 'jutsu...' anything yet? You gotta be able to... jutsu... to go on missions, you know!"

This wasn't exactly true, but he feared that even dog walking might result in her getting bitten and, worse than that, her visiting Innocence Uchiha could be more devastating than even the most lethal of blows.

Character File

Post by King of Games Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Sera
    Sera
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kyujutsu, Ninjutsu (Raiton), Katon, Kanchijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 75,625

Post by Sera Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Bah! Mae scoffed and waved her hand dismissively as Natsuki mentioned the danger involved on missions. It was possible that to an ordinary person, they might be worried about exposing themselves to danger to go on a mission, but Mae was indestructible! Well, not that this guy knew anything about that. He had asked her if she knew any jutsu and she nodded her head with a grin. “Of course I know some. I learned how to walk up walls and I can even make myself look like someone else! Ninja school was wild.” Mae realized that this Natsuki guy was probably underestimating her. This kind of conversation has happened several times over the last couple of weeks, and it always involved proving that she was tougher than she looked. Still standing on the wall, she would grow a mischievous grin and wink at Natsuki. “Okay, watch this! I’m pretty much invincible.” Mae would then jump off the rock wall and fall towards the ground head-first. To any onlooker it would seem like she was about to crack her skull open, but how funny would it be when the rock was cracked instead? Classic comedy.

------------------
    (OOC: Accidentally posted as Sera, but this is totally Mae)

Last edited by Sera on Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character File

Post by King of Games Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 pm

The member 'Sera' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Swords Kill People WFpjHMN
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 pm

“Of course I know some. I learned how to walk up walls and I can even make myself look like someone else! Ninja school was wild.”

"Mhmm, mhmm..." He nodded along, thoroughly unconvinced. Even Natsuki, the "Screw Up of the Uchiha," had mastered such elementary shenanigans while he was in the academy and he felt barely ready to go out on real missions.

“Okay, watch this! I’m pretty much invincible.”

Natsuki's gaze went from puzzled to amused at this, but only in that brief beat before she jumped off the fucking rock wall! "What the FUCK!" He yelled out, kicking off immediately in a sprint after her. She had a head start, and was in freefall, however. "Fuck fuck fuck fu-!" He closed his eyes and came to a perpendicular stop as she hit the ground with a sickening crack.

As the dust settled, he peeked open his eyes and expected pure horror...

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:21 am

Mae enjoyed the slight breeze as she plummeted off the rock wall and when her head hit the ground, there was an awesome sound of the ground cracking and breaking. There was no pain her body from the impact, and as her body fell to the ground, she would use her arms to help herself stand back up. With a dorky smile on her face, Mae would look up at Natsuki and brush her pink hair, trying to get some of the dust and bits of rubble out of it. “See? Totally fine!” Mae ran her hand through her hair and then displayed her open palm to the boy, showing the lack of blood. “I don’t know why, but I can’t really be injured by anything. So bring on the missions, am I right?” This wasn’t the first time that Mae tried to explain her body’s strange resilience, and she was sure it wouldn’t be the last, but she hadn’t gotten bored of the demonstrations yet. Maybe she would try and stab herself in the leg or something next time to show that blades couldn’t pierce her skin? Wait, this wasn’t weird right? Nah. Seemed normal to her.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm

What is this girl's deal," he queried; aloud this time, though quietly; as he watched her simply "get up" from what he thought was a genuine suicide. His mouth hanged open as he cocked his head to the side in contemplation. Even with his most powerful technique, he wasn't sure he'd be able to take a fall like that, much less straight to the head... And she seemed to do it without a single hand sign?

He approached her, hopping off the rock wall and landing on flat ground as he circled her curiously. "Completely unharmed? What kind of jutsu is that?!" As hard as he looked, and as keen as his eyes were, he couldn't spot any changes to her body from when they were first chatting. Even his aforementioned technique drastically changed his body, but she just looked... normal.

As he did, he felt out for her chakra, using his oft-overlooked sensing capabilities. Her chakra seemed meager, not unlike his own before he started really training with Sera and Tori, but also unused. Could a technique like this really use no chakra?

[Used Techniques]
    Sensing Technique - A rank - 0.5 CP

CP: 259.5 / 260

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:11 pm

What kind of jutsu? Oh, yeah, it made sense that he thought she was using some sort of special ability to make herself strong or something. That seemed like it could be a power straight out of a comic book. She shook her head at his comment and replied with an uncertain tone to her voice. “I don’t think it has anything to do with jutsu unless it is happening by accident. I just woke up here in ninja world and my body was indestructible.” Mae flexed her arm and chuckled before doing a mock punch into the air in front of her. “I practiced kick-boxing a bit before I got hit by that truck, but my body wasn’t super tough before then. So something must have happened between then that made my body super strong.”

After saying her piece and explaining what she thought was going on with her body, Mae’s attention span had hit its limit. She put her hand up to her lip in thought and then looked at the swordsboy. “Can you do any of the shooting fire or kick earth or that stuff? That seems pretty sweet, but they didn’t teach us any of that in the school.”

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

'Woke up here in ninja world?' 'Kick-boxing?' 'Truck?'

With each answer that Mae seemed to give, Natsuki just had more questions. There was one thing that was clear, though; this woman needed to go the hospital. He guessed, however, that she might not agree and, if she was capable of doing what she just did, she could do anything. He'd have to trick her, so she'd have to trust him, so he'd have to play along for a little while. If what she said was true, and it seemed to be, at least she wouldn't get hurt, per se. So he nodded as she spoke her nonsense, feigning understanding.

“Can you do any of the shooting fire or kick earth or that stuff? That seems pretty sweet, but they didn’t teach us any of that in the school.”

"Yeah, I always hated that aspect of the academy... Just teach me earth jutsu! But no, too many kids of too many different elements, I suppose." Natsuki rolled his eyes a bit, it was a bit frustrating, and he felt the academy did little to prepare him for shinobi life- especially after having met Sera and Tori.

"I can do this," he started, turning towards the risen core of earth. After a single seal, he crouched low and placed his palms to the ground. Not long after, a pillar of rock suddenly rose up against the bottom of his feet from which he simultaneously kicked off. He rose high into the air, angled just so that he'd effectively be able to "step" onto the top of the mobile core.

From on high, he shouted back to her: "Care to give it a shot?"

Spoiler:

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 am

At the mention of ‘earth jutsu’ Mae’s ears perked up, thinking that it was referring to her previous world, but quickly realized that he was just talking about dirt and rocks. The boy seemed to be frustrated that not everyone was taught how to bend all the elements and Mae emphatically nodded her head along with this. How cool would it be if she could breathe fire like a dragon or something? As a demonstration of his abilities, Natsuki moved his hands together and then slapped the ground. A rock pillar jutted out from beneath him and launched him through the sky towards the rock cliff they had just been standing on. “Hell yeah! That sounds awesome!” she yelled back.

Mae clumsily slammed her hands together in her best attempt to copy the hand seal that Natsuki had performed, and then put her palms on the ground and waited. A couple moments passed and no earth shot her forward. She would call up to him; “How do I make it work?”

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 pm

"Uhh..." Natsuki didn't expect her to think she could just use that technique on her own, and simply weaving the seals without knowing what went into it would be a near impossible exercise- at least for most techniques. "Oh," he yelled down to clarify, "I'm afraid you'd need to have the ability to use earth jutsu to do it yourself!"

Still, no sense in not allowing her to give it a try. "If you're interested, just keep your legs bent and let me know when you're ready!" Once more, he wove his seal and placed his palms to the side of the earthen pillar. She was just in range. If she gave the affirmative, he would surge forth a rock underneath her feet, though her speed would only allow her to reach a little less than a third of how high he launched. Still, suddenly jumping 15 meters in a single bound might be exciting.

Spoiler:

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Natsuki explained from atop his earth wall that she needed the ability to use earth jutsu to use earth jutsu. Mae furrowed her brow at the concept. Of course she knew that! But how did she know if she even knew that she knew earth jutsu? Right? That didn’t seem like it made zero sense. Before she could reply with a grumbling retort, the swordsman boy offered if she was interested in trying out the technique herself. It took her a couple of seconds to realize that he was offering to launch her into the air like he had himself, but she nodded emphatically at the idea.

“Yes please!” Mae bent her knees and got prepared to launch. Or at least, she thought she was ready. The earth beneath her started to move and she tried to time a jump at the same time. She wasn’t sure if the result was due to her jump timing or something else that she messed up, but she soared through the air right towards the rock wall. There were a few moments of fun giggling while she felt the breeze through her hair, but that stopped when her torso hit the wall. Mae began to fall, but tried to use the wall walking technique to stop her from doing so. She was able to slow her fall a little, but wasn’t able to stabilize herself fully. Mae hit the ground after falling a couple dozen feet and once again cracked the earth. She would rise from the dust and raise her arms above her head with a cheer. “Woo! That’s exhilarating! I’ll try and stick the landing next time.”

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 pm

Natsuki watched as Mae flew through the air, but her sudden fall made him wince. Even if she were functionally immortal, the way she played around with such dangerous shenanigans was as morbid as it was silly. Not wanting her to have anything more to do with the elevated platform, Natsuki descended the side and greeted her on flat ground.

"Well, I do agree that you won't be in much trouble. But what else can you do besides take a hit?" Being unbeatable was all well and good, but if you can't do a beating yourself, how would you stop the dangers you might face? He was curious to see what she might be capable of but, if he had to, he already had a plan to demonstrate the deficiency is depending on her incredible resilience.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Mae Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

The boy with the black hair jumped down from his point on-high and seemed unsure how to react to Mae’s performance. He asked her what kind of things she could bring to the table besides taking hits. It was a question that made sense, but wasn’t that pretty good already? She could be the ultimate decoy or something! Though, that wasn’t really good enough if there was some sort of objective to their super secret mission huh? Maybe he had a point. Was there something she could do to be useful? Something that her tough body could be used for… She thought until her head started to hurt a bit. “What if I put a bunch of those explosion paper things all over me and then run at people?” In theory it seemed like a sound idea. Mae hadn’t tried using the tnt tags on herself before, but she imagined it would probably be fine. Maybe she could hide them under her clothing so when people attacked her they would blow up too?

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:04 am

“What if I put a bunch of those explosion paper things all over me and then run at people?”

Natsuki blinked in disbelief of this suggestion. If it weren't for her theoretical immortality, she'd be talking about suicide bombing... It all seemed highly unethical, but there was yet one more key question: "How much can you take, anyway? Have you ever been injured?"

Natsuki would then shake his head, realizing that that question was moot. "How about this; let's see what eachothers' got, right here right now.\"" "If I can pin you down, you give missions a little more time. If you pin me down, I'll teach you whatever I can. Deal?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:34 pm