Welcome Guest! You have made 38 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Silent

Irui
    Irui

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning Release, Dark Release, Nin, Gen, Summ., Sensor
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

The Silent Empty The Silent

Post by Irui on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Scream into the Void, and the Void will scream back.

Access Granted:

Confidential File

The following documents, images and descriptions are classified under Section D-266. Any samples or investigations related to Project [REDACTED] is to be handled exclusively by Dr. [REDACTED]. For all intents and purposes, the following documents were released for your-eyes-only under Section D-266, with the expressed permission of [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and [REDACTED]. The anomalies and resulting investigations contained herein were conducted at Mt. [LOCATED EXPUNGED], with explicit command given to extra-dimensional [REDACTED] and its Foundation personnel. Under Section D-266, any publication or distribution of this information to unauthorized individuals, governments, or civilians will result in the immediate application of wide-range amnestics. Should containment, protection, and security be compromised, immediately contact Dr. [REDACTED].

The [REDACTED] expresses its truest condolences.

Classified Information:

Contract Name: The Silent [a.k.a: "Utsuro" (Lit. Hollow Ones), Genshi ("Primordials"), "Denizens"]
    Type: Anomaly
    Specimen: Unknown, Anomalous
    Taxonomy: Unknown
    Culture/Lore:

The following is a transcript recovered from a device at [LOCATION EXPUNGED]. Two individuals have been identified. One "Amatsu-Mikaboshi" (A.M.), and one "Qoxos" (QX) (Speculative). Based on linguistic analysis, the transcript is [REDACTED] Foundation's closest approximation to a translation of the Otsutsuki language.

File .01:

Monotone female voice detected

Unknown:

Q.X: "This is Qoxos of The Izanagi, Research Station designation Zee-Five-Nine-Nine, above [DATA EXPUNGED]. I am the Head of Research & Development. Its a big day for the crew, we just welcomed aboard the samples from site [EXPUNGED] on Boros. Higher-ups are interested in the archaeological site. It appears at long last... Well... We may have discovered evidence of a civilization older than us! I know, its exciting!

The Izanagi was chosen as the research station, I am told, because of our outstanding work on Project S.E.E.D. for the Otsutsuki . For... I don't know how many centuries its been now, seems like just yesterday, but we have been overseeing the cultivation of God Tree's and terraforming projects, so this is a great honor and-- Oh--!"

Unknown Female: "Sir, the Samples have been secured in Lab G-45. I just want you to be aware that we are performing decontamination of the area. It appears the samples began reacting at ambient temperature, and oxygen exposure."

Q.X: "Oh...  [Incoherent]"

Unknown Female: "But we have everything under control, I assure you. Protocols are in place, and we will be handling the samples remotely."

Q.X: "[Incoherent]-- See if its biomarkers resemble the bacteria recovered from this system's fourth planet--"

[File ends abruptly]

[Recovered Transcript]

Q.X: "We-- We had to transfer the samples to our secured lab. As far as we can tell, it began to react in the presence of research associates, oxygen, and ambient temperature. Samples have been placed in G-45, and temperature has been artificially reduced to [DATA EXPUNGED]. This appears to have stopped its growth."

Q.X: "Lord Amatsu-Mikaboshi's shuttle is to arrive in a few Cycles.... [sigh]

Q.X: "The working theory from G-45, is the material responds to chakratic-wavelengths. According to the recovery team, it was a solid during excavation. Someone's log describes an ultra-fine ash-silicate. Now it's a liquid. If it keeps shifting like this we're going to run out of containment options."

File .02:

Extracted Recording from Salvaged Device

A.M: "My family has traveled the Expanse for eons. We have seeded countless worlds for the Greater Celestials at the order of [Incoherent]... Qoxos we need to innovate."

Q.X: "The God Tree is perfect. Why fix what isn't broken? The terraforming is a necessary evil. I understand your concern and frustration, but the Lesser lifeforms that spring up over the course of germination are a... Byproduct, and they show the world is fertile and we do not have a failed product. Failure means sterilization. I'd rather have the Tree fail at germination than repeat Da'hens."

A.M: "I don't agree with the Harvesting process. My sister and I have glassed countless worlds now. Look at this one, covered in liquid water. its perfect for colonization. I know Kaguya and Isshiki are assigned for its harvesting...But Qoxos, consider this. These samples we collected from within Boros--"

Q.X: "Amatsu-Mikaboshi, sir, We are under strict orders...."

A.M: "We could elevate them, bring them to a higher state."

[Incoherent background noise]

Q.X: "NO DON'T DO IT!"

[Transmission Terminated]

File .03:

Q.X: "This is Qoxos of Research Station Izanagi-- No, no begin emergency shutdown--!!"

Unknown: "GO FASTER!"

[A monotone female voice reiterates Qoxos' commands]

Q.X: "--The Izanagi has been contaminated! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt rescue operations!! I am Qoxos, Head of Research and Development for Project S.E.E.D.. Access code zee-zee-nine-nine-jay-four. I will scuttle the station myself. Do not allow those escape vessels to dock! Do not allow them to dock!!"

[A monotone female voice]

Q.X: "Mikaboshi stole the samples from Boros-- he-- e injected them. Some things should remain lost in the Expanse."

[Transmission terminated]

File .04:

[Heavy breathing]

[Incoherent speech]

[Monotone female voice]

[Monotone female voice]

[Several explosions have been extracted from the file, including extra-spacial vibrations indicating either exterior, deflected detonations or weapon discharges of unknown caliber. ]

Q.X.: "... The Xellial just hit Amatsu-mikaboshi-- He's-- he's not going to make it...."

The transcribed events correlate with declassified information from the Mikiri Clan, and the oral history of the Hoki People which describe the "Dying Star". The Hoki People followed a falling star into the mountains of the Land of Lightning (Latitude: 13.39827, Longitude: -124.67488, Distortion: 1.06), and found the "Dying God". Amatsu-Mikaboshi was killed and consumed in ritualistic sacrifice and cannibalism. Amatsu-Mikaboshi infected the Hoki People with his Karmaharboring incubating strains of [REDACTED], or The Silent.

Each Mikiri Clansmen is born with Amatsu-Mikaboshi's karma on their left or right hand. It does not skip generations, and is prevalent in 100% of the Mikiri bloodline. Attempts to remove the mark have been unsuccessful. According to Dr. [REDACTED], the Otsutsuki Karma is a bio-engineering project designed to extend their longevity throughout the Expanse . The Mikiri Clan's [REDACTED] has taken exhaustive steps, and prepared numerous psycho-engineering countermeasures to contain the effects of the Karma. Clansmen are restricted to Kekkei Genkai (Lit. "Bloodline Limit") information on a need-to-know basis, and rigorously tested and filtered over the course of their lives, to such an extent the clan produces virtually no combat-ready Shinobi ("Soldiers") for the Land of Lightning and Hidden Cloud. Full containment will require the complete eradication of the Mikiri Bloodline Limit.

Analysis of the Mikiri's Karma has confirmed it contains entities functionally similar to a number of mycological species. When extracted and exposed to chakra in wavelngth ranges of [REDACTED] it begins to grow exponentially. The Mikiri's Dark Release is in essence a containment field. When the Spiritualism technique is infused with Dark Release, containment is breached, allowing the entities to translate chakra into synthetic proteins and manifest near-exponentially. Dr. [REDACTED] postulates that the Silent are to the God Trees as decomposers are to flora-- they exclusively prey on chakraWhat the Celestials did not anticipate was that one of their own would weaponize them.

"You told me I was weak, and need to learn teamwork. So I met something that felt the same as I. Am I still weak, Kitsuki-san?"

The Silent and The Summoner:

Image .01:
    The Silent B73accb596f84e0efa6d56f5c70e34ab
    Image .02:
    The Silent Cv4kq1tXgAAh7g4?format=jpg&name=large

The Silent bear a truly unique relationship with the Mikiri, as each Karma contains a sliver of their essence, and from this essence they can be brought into the world. Amatsu-Mikaboshi's ritual cannibalism infected the Hoki Tribe, overwriting their genetic code with his Karma, in an effort to elevate them to a higher state, and undermine the Otsutsuki's SEED project. The more a Mikiri Clansmen comes to understand their bloodline, the looser the restraints become on the Silent, and soon the genetic prison is released-- all they must do is call out to the void.

Irui Mikiri, facing death itself after his torture at the hands of the Orthodox Church didn't call, he screamed out to the void for retribution. The void screamed back. Shimiko Chinoike, then-ANBU Captain for the Hidden Cloud, had ferried him to the hospital, and arranged for the Jashinist's Curse Ritual to be undertaken to save his life. Unwittingly, her tampering with his blood and flesh, would bring him into contact with the Silent. He awoke from his coma, screaming, as the Silent delivered him from death.

Previously, the Orthodoxy had placed the Baku Contract in Irui's hands as a show of trust and a way to keep tabs on him. This was all undone, as Irui summoned the Baku one last time, and in his anger against the Orthodoxy for what they'd done to him, he fed the Baku alive to the Silent. From this brutal offering, the Silent view Irui has a vehicle into the mortal world.

"The elders say the element of void in the Godai is the force of creation from the aether. Look at what I've created.... And despair."

Scientific Study and Life-cycle:

The organisms collectively referred to as The Silent, are an anomalous species originating from the Dirac Sea of the Great Expanse; the vast voids between stars and galaxies. They have evolved numerous adaptations, most of which are new or unknown to science at this time, to survive in this incredibly inhospitable environment. Most notably, the Silent developed fully articulated bodies, able to withstand the crushing vacuum and oppressive temperature extremes, without any discernible sensory organs. In each specimen's case (See Exhibit 5a. and Exhibit 6b.) the lifecycle shares the same catalyst for growth-- the super-biological energy source colloquially called "Chakra"-- which is uniquely produced by the ripened fruits  of the God Tree family of xenoflora. Prior to contact with this species, the Silent drift on stellar winds, much like fungal spores, in an extremely desiccated state. When they reach a chakra-rich world, a hydration-like process is initiated, and the Silent become a liquid, gestating into a colonial organism within a black fluid.

The Silent begin as noted as a thick black fluid, not unlike a bacterial or fungal culture. When exposed to chakra-bearing organisms, like the God Tree, the Silent acts as a decomposer; preying on the ripe fruit of the tree. The organism feeds on the tree, destroying it entirely. However on an established, chakra-rich world, the Silent has the potential to become a biological weapon. When feeding on chakra, they begin as a black fluid and rapidly mutate into more specialized forms, often resembling squid, jellyfish, or grotesque octopi, with vaguely humanoid shapes. The Silent also develop unusual combined adaptions, with numerous tentacles, bisected arms, bone carapaces, and oblong hemispherical crowns. Their appearances defy normal human conceptions of life, and there is no true analogy for them. The Silent uniquely do not possess any discernible sensory organs, and feature anatomy that violates most biological principles. Chakratically-linked, the Silent share a collective intelligence, functioning as a hivemind organism that grows progressively more intelligent with greater consumption of chakra. At their basic state, the Silent are unceasingly hungry, and feral, but readily make use of their unorthodox and horrifying visage to ambush prey.  The Silent feed ceaselessly to give themselves physical form. Though described as having no true elemental affinity, they appear to use  the Water Element.

The Silent are organized around beings called an Apex, or "Boss". Each Apex has produced its own lineage of Majors and Minors, bearing physical features, anatomy, and abilities, of the Apex. The Lineages are extensions of the Apex, carrying out tasks at its behest so that it may feed upon the world. In turn, the Apex' are bound to the Mikiri's Kama. Though described as each possessing the Water Element, this is but a proximation, or perhaps how it appears to the human mind. Water underpins much of the biological world, from the functioning of organisms, to atmospheric processes, and chemical interactions.

Element(s): Water (Equivalent)
    Designated Skill: Medical
    The Silent can perform medical ninjutsu, or an equivalent, without the need for human handseals. This skill best explains their peculiar abilities.
    Summoning Method:

Karma: An unusual method of summoning that only applies to the E-rank Summoning. By placing two fingers (Half-Tiger Seal) against the mark, with a drop of blood, the black liquid of the Silent can be extracted in a small quantity. Creatures summoned in this method are all low-ranking.  

Spiritualism Technique: Summoned through a donation of blood and chakra, the Silent can be called forth through the Spiritualism Space-time technique in order to shortcut their Gestation time. Immediately their presence can be felt as a horrifying abomination from an otherworldly plane as they materialize.

Spiritualism-Derivatives: Irui has demonstrated the ability to call forth Summons using Cloning, and "Chotenjutsu" ("Apex Techniques"), a set of Summoning Techniques that release extensions of the creatures for attack and defense (ex. tentacles)

Requirements: Mikiri Bloodline.
    Drawbacks:  The Silent possess the same elemental characteristics of Dark Release, as in they are neither strong nor weak to any particular element; clashing neutrally in all situations.
    Holders:

Irui Mikiri | Kumogakure, the Hidden Cloud | Land of Lightning

Trivia:

- The Silent is based on H.P. Lovecraft's "The Blackness Between The Stars", and their summoning process is similar to Lovecraft's couplet ""That is not dead which can eternal lie; And with strange aeons even death may die."
    - It bears similarities to Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15 from the Alien film franchise.
    - The division of form by Element, and the resulting mutations, persona, and Apex, are strong references to Magic the Gathering's "Eldrazi" race.
    - The Silent follows the advent of fungi, decomposers that destroy botanical tissue, that emerged during the Devonian Period. The Silent feed upon the God Trees grown by the Otsutsuki.
    - Amatsu-Mikaboshi in Shinto mythos is the "Primordial Darkness", "Dread Star" and viewed as an obscure proto-shinto malevolent deity.
    - The Mikiri, with the Silent are antithetical to the Otsutsuki and their God Trees.

Registration & Stat Code:

Code:

[b]Summon Name:[/b] (What is the name of your summon?)
    [b]Rank:[/b] (E - S)
    [b]Appearance:[/b] (How does your summon look?)
    [b]Element:[/b] (Should match your Contract, if any.)
    [b]Skill(s):[/b] (Skills if any.)
    [b]Stats:[/b]
    [i]Strength:[/i]
    [i]Constitution:[/i]
    [i]Stamina:[/i]
    [i]Speed:[/i]
    [i]Coordination:[/i]
    [i]Intelligence:[/i]
    [i]Perception:[/i]
    [b]Techniques Known:[/b] (If you want to register a unique technique for your summon, post it here using the [url=https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t80-technique-registration-guide-and-template]Technique Registration Template[/url] as a guide.)

[b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Rank:[/b]
    [b]Power:[/b]
    [b]Activation Cost:[/b]
    [b]Upkeep Cost:[/b]
    [b]Range:[/b]
    [b]Speed:[/b]
    [b]Element:[/b]
    [b]Skill:[/b]
    [b]Classification:[/b]
    [b]Requirements:[/b]
    [b]Parent Technique:[/b]
    [b]Hand Seals:[/b]
    [b]Description:[/b]
    [b]Weaknesses:[/b]

Last edited by Irui on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:52 pm; edited 4 times in total

Character Name: Irui Mikiri
    Spendable Experience: 1915
    Total Experience: 4035 / 6500 (A to S class)
    Ryo: 50,000
    Current Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: B (+2 (w/ JI) | S
    Stamina: C (+2 (w/ JI) | A
    Speed: B (++ w/JI) | B++
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B

Jashinist Immortality

Link to Character Updates & Techniques: Link
    Link to Character Application: Link
    Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Village : N/A

The Silent Empty Re: The Silent

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:47 pm

@Irui wrote:
    Scream into the Void, and the Void will scream back.

Access Granted:

Confidential File

The following documents, images and descriptions are classified under Section D-266. Any samples or investigations related to Project [REDACTED] is to be handled exclusively by Dr. [REDACTED]. For all intents and purposes, the following documents were released for your-eyes-only under Section D-266, with the expressed permission of [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and [REDACTED]. The anomalies and resulting investigations contained herein were conducted at Mt. [LOCATED EXPUNGED], with explicit command given to extra-dimensional [REDACTED] and its Foundation personnel. Under Section D-266, any publication or distribution of this information to unauthorized individuals, governments, or civilians will result in the immediate application of wide-range amnestics. Should containment, protection, and security be compromised, immediately contact Dr. [REDACTED].

The [REDACTED] expresses its truest condolences.

Classified Information:

Contract Name: The Silent [a.k.a: "Utsuro" (Lit. Hollow Ones), Genshi ("Primordials"), "Denizens"]
    Type: Anomaly
    Specimen: Unknown, Anomalous
    Taxonomy: Unknown
    Culture/Lore:

The following is a transcript recovered from a device at [LOCATION EXPUNGED]. Two individuals have been identified. One "Amatsu-Mikaboshi" (A.M.), and one "Qoxos" (QX) (Speculative). Based on linguistic analysis, the transcript is [REDACTED] Foundation's closest approximation to a translation of the Otsutsuki language.

File .01:

Monotone female voice detected

Unknown:

Q.X: "This is Qoxos of The Izanagi, Research Station designation Zee-Five-Nine-Nine, above [DATA EXPUNGED]. I am the Head of Research & Development. Its a big day for the crew, we just welcomed aboard the samples from site [EXPUNGED] on Boros. Higher-ups are interested in the archaeological site. It appears at long last... Well... We may have discovered evidence of a civilization older than us! I know, its exciting!

The Izanagi was chosen as the research station, I am told, because of our outstanding work on Project S.E.E.D. for the Otsutsuki . For... I don't know how many centuries its been now, seems like just yesterday, but we have been overseeing the cultivation of God Tree's and terraforming projects, so this is a great honor and-- Oh--!"

Unknown Female: "Sir, the Samples have been secured in Lab G-45. I just want you to be aware that we are performing decontamination of the area. It appears the samples began reacting at ambient temperature, and oxygen exposure."

Q.X: "Oh...  [Incoherent]"

Unknown Female: "But we have everything under control, I assure you. Protocols are in place, and we will be handling the samples remotely."

Q.X: "[Incoherent]-- See if its biomarkers resemble the bacteria recovered from this system's fourth planet--"

[File ends abruptly]

[Recovered Transcript]

Q.X: "We-- We had to transfer the samples to our secured lab. As far as we can tell, it began to react in the presence of research associates, oxygen, and ambient temperature. Samples have been placed in G-45, and temperature has been artificially reduced to [DATA EXPUNGED]. This appears to have stopped its growth."

Q.X: "Lord Amatsu-Mikaboshi's shuttle is to arrive in a few Cycles.... [sigh]

Q.X: "The working theory from G-45, is the material responds to chakratic-wavelengths. According to the recovery team, it was a solid during excavation. Someone's log describes an ultra-fine ash-silicate. Now it's a liquid. If it keeps shifting like this we're going to run out of containment options."

File .02:

Extracted Recording from Salvaged Device

A.M: "My family has traveled the Expanse for eons. We have seeded countless worlds for the Greater Celestials at the order of [Incoherent]... Qoxos we need to innovate."

Q.X: "The God Tree is perfect. Why fix what isn't broken? The terraforming is a necessary evil. I understand your concern and frustration, but the Lesser lifeforms that spring up over the course of germination are a... Byproduct, and they show the world is fertile and we do not have a failed product. Failure means sterilization. I'd rather have the Tree fail at germination than repeat Da'hens."

A.M: "I don't agree with the Harvesting process. My sister and I have glassed countless worlds now. Look at this one, covered in liquid water. its perfect for colonization. I know Kaguya and Isshiki are assigned for its harvesting...But Qoxos, consider this. These samples we collected from within Boros--"

Q.X: "Amatsu-Mikaboshi, sir, We are under strict orders...."

A.M: "We could elevate them, bring them to a higher state."

[Incoherent background noise]

Q.X: "NO DON'T DO IT!"

[Transmission Terminated]

File .03:

Q.X: "This is Qoxos of Research Station Izanagi-- No, no begin emergency shutdown--!!"

Unknown: "GO FASTER!"

[A monotone female voice reiterates Qoxos' commands]

Q.X: "--The Izanagi has been contaminated! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt rescue operations!! I am Qoxos, Head of Research and Development for Project S.E.E.D.. Access code zee-zee-nine-nine-jay-four. I will scuttle the station myself. Do not allow those escape vessels to dock! Do not allow them to dock!!"

[A monotone female voice]

Q.X: "Mikaboshi stole the samples from Boros-- he-- e injected them. Some things should remain lost in the Expanse."

File .04:

[Heavy breathing]

[Incoherent speech]

[Monotone female voice]

[Monotone female voice]

[Several explosions have been extracted from the file, including extra-spacial vibrations indicating either exterior, deflected detonations or weapon discharges of unknown caliber. ]

Q.X.: "... The Xellial just hit Amatsu-mikaboshi-- He's-- he's not going to make it...."

The transcribed events correlate with declassified information from the Mikiri Clan, and the oral history of the Hoki People which describe the "Dying Star". The Hoki People followed a falling star into the mountains of the Land of Lightning (Latitude: 13.39827, Longitude: -124.67488, Distortion: 1.06), and found the "Dying God". Amatsu-Mikaboshi was killed and consumed in ritualistic sacrifice and cannibalism. Amatsu-Mikaboshi infected the Hoki People with his Karmaharboring incubating strains of [REDACTED], or The Silent.

Each Mikiri Clansmen is born with Amatsu-Mikaboshi's karma on their left or right hand. It does not skip generations, and is prevalent in 100% of the Mikiri bloodline. Attempts to remove the mark have been unsuccessful. According to Dr. [REDACTED], the Otsutsuki Karma is a bio-engineering project designed to extend their longevity throughout the Expanse . The Mikiri Clan's [REDACTED] has taken exhaustive steps, and prepared numerous psycho-engineering countermeasures to contain the effects of the Karma. Clansmen are restricted to Kekkei Genkai (Lit. "Bloodline Limit") information on a need-to-know basis, and rigorously tested and filtered over the course of their lives, to such an extent the clan produces virtually no combat-ready Shinobi ("Soldiers") for the Land of Lightning and Hidden Cloud. Full containment will require the complete eradication of the Mikiri Bloodline Limit.

Analysis of the Mikiri's Karma has confirmed it contains entities functionally similar to a number of mycological species. When extracted and exposed to chakra in wavelngth ranges of [REDACTED] it begins to grow exponentially. The Mikiri's Dark Release is in essence a containment field. When the Spiritualism technique is infused with Dark Release, containment is breached, allowing the entities to translate chakra into synthetic proteins and manifest near-exponentially. Dr. [REDACTED] postulates that the Silent are to the God Trees as decomposers are to flora-- they exclusively prey on chakraWhat the Celestials did not anticipate was that one of their own would weaponize them.

"You told me I was weak, and need to learn teamwork. So I met something that felt the same as I. Am I still weak, Kitsuki-san?"

The Silent and The Summoner:

Image .01:
    The Silent B73accb596f84e0efa6d56f5c70e34ab
    Image .02:
    The Silent Cv4kq1tXgAAh7g4?format=jpg&name=large

The Silent bear a truly unique relationship with the Mikiri, as each Karma contains a sliver of their essence, and from this essence they can be brought into the world. Amatsu-Mikaboshi's ritual cannibalism infected the Hoki Tribe, overwriting their genetic code with his Karma, in an effort to elevate them to a higher state, and undermine the Otsutsuki's SEED project. The more a Mikiri Clansmen comes to understand their bloodline, the looser the restraints become on the Silent, and soon the genetic prison is released-- all they must do is call out to the void.

Irui Mikiri, facing death itself after his torture at the hands of the Orthodox Church didn't call, he screamed out to the void for retribution. The void screamed back. Shimiko Chinoike, then-ANBU Captain for the Hidden Cloud, had ferried him to the hospital, and arranged for the Jashinist's Curse Ritual to be undertaken to save his life. Unwittingly, her tampering with his blood and flesh, would bring him into contact with the Silent. He awoke from his coma, screaming, as the Silent delivered him from death.

Previously, the Orthodoxy had placed the Baku Contract in Irui's hands as a show of trust and a way to keep tabs on him. This was all undone, as Irui summoned the Baku one last time, and in his anger against the Orthodoxy for what they'd done to him, he fed the Baku alive to the Silent. From this brutal offering, the Silent view Irui has a vehicle into the mortal world.

"The elders say the element of void in the Godai is the force of creation from the aether. Look at what I've created.... And despair."

Scientific Study and Life-cycle:

The organisms collectively referred to as The Silent, are an anomalous species originating from the Dirac Sea of the Great Expanse; the vast voids between stars and galaxies. They have evolved numerous adaptations, most of which are new or unknown to science at this time, to survive in this incredibly inhospitable environment. Most notably, the Silent developed fully articulated bodies, able to withstand the crushing vacuum and oppressive temperature extremes, without any discernible sensory organs. In each specimen's case (See Exhibit 5a. and Exhibit 6b.) the lifecycle shares the same catalyst for growth-- the super-biological energy source colloquially called "Chakra"-- which is uniquely produced by the ripened fruits  of the God Tree family of xenoflora. Prior to contact with this species, the Silent drift on stellar winds, much like fungal spores, in an extremely desiccated state. When they reach a chakra-rich world, a hydration-like process is initiated, and the Silent become a liquid, gestating into a colonial organism within a black fluid.

The Silent begin as noted as a thick black fluid, not unlike a bacterial or fungal culture. When exposed to chakra-bearing organisms, like the God Tree, the Silent acts as a decomposer; preying on the ripe fruit of the tree. The organism feeds on the tree, destroying it entirely. However on an established, chakra-rich world, the Silent has the potential to become a biological weapon. When feeding on chakra, they begin as a black fluid and rapidly mutate into more specialized forms, often resembling squid, jellyfish, or grotesque octopi, with vaguely humanoid shapes. The Silent also develop unusual combined adaptions, with numerous tentacles, bisected arms, bone carapaces, and oblong hemispherical crowns. Their appearances defy normal human conceptions of life, and there is no true analogy for them. The Silent uniquely do not possess any discernible sensory organs, and feature anatomy that violates most biological principles. Chakratically-linked, the Silent share a collective intelligence, functioning as a hivemind organism that grows progressively more intelligent with greater consumption of chakra. At their basic state, the Silent are unceasingly hungry, and feral, but readily make use of their unorthodox and horrifying visage to ambush prey.  The Silent feed ceaselessly to give themselves physical form. Though described as having no true elemental affinity, they appear to use  the Water Element.

The Silent are organized around beings called an Apex, or "Boss". Each Apex has produced its own lineage of Majors and Minors, bearing physical features, anatomy, and abilities, of the Apex. The Lineages are extensions of the Apex, carrying out tasks at its behest so that it may feed upon the world. In turn, the Apex' are bound to the Mikiri's Kama. Though described as each possessing the Water Element, this is but a proximation, or perhaps how it appears to the human mind. Water underpins much of the biological world, from the functioning of organisms, to atmospheric processes, and chemical interactions.

Element(s): Water (Equivalent)
    Designated Skill: Medical
    The Silent can perform medical ninjutsu, or an equivalent, without the need for human handseals. This skill best explains their peculiar abilities.
    Summoning Method:

Karma: An unusual method of summoning that only applies to the E-rank Summoning. By placing two fingers (Half-Tiger Seal) against the mark, with a drop of blood, the black liquid of the Silent can be extracted in a small quantity. Creatures summoned in this method are all low-ranking.  

Spiritualism Technique: Summoned through a donation of blood and chakra, the Silent can be called forth through the Spiritualism Space-time technique in order to shortcut their Gestation time. Immediately their presence can be felt as a horrifying abomination from an otherworldly plane as they materialize.

Spiritualism-Derivatives: Irui has demonstrated the ability to call forth Summons using Cloning, and "Chotenjutsu" ("Apex Techniques"), a set of Summoning Techniques that release extensions of the creatures for attack and defense (ex. tentacles)

Requirements: Mikiri Bloodline.
    Drawbacks:  The Silent possess the same elemental characteristics of Dark Release, as in they are neither strong nor weak to any particular element; clashing neutrally in all situations.
    Holders:

Irui Mikiri | Kumogakure, the Hidden Cloud | Land of Lightning

Trivia:

- The Silent is based on H.P. Lovecraft's "The Blackness Between The Stars", and their summoning process is similar to Lovecraft's couplet ""That is not dead which can eternal lie; And with strange aeons even death may die."
    - It bears similarities to Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15 from the Alien film franchise.
    - The division of form by Element, and the resulting mutations, persona, and Apex, are strong references to Magic the Gathering's "Eldrazi" race.
    - The Silent follows the advent of fungi, decomposers that destroy botanical tissue, that emerged during the Devonian Period. The Silent feed upon the God Trees grown by the Otsutsuki.
    - Amatsu-Mikaboshi in Shinto mythos is the "Primordial Darkness", "Dread Star" and viewed as an obscure proto-shinto malevolent deity.
    - The Mikiri, with the Silent are antithetical to the Otsutsuki and their God Trees.
    [/center]

Approved.

Constitution: B
    Stamina:  C
    Speed:  C
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: C
    Perception: B

Gear
    Kunai x 10
    Shuriken x 10
    Explosive Tag x5
    Flash Bomb x5
    Smoke Bomb x5
    Blood Pills x 5.
    Coagulation Pills x 5
    Military Ration Pills x 20
    Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:05 am

Summon Name: Genshi, the Terror Unborn
    Appearance:

Yog-Sothoth, by Giacomo Tappainer:

The Silent AEmBZ5H35J4lYlceBRIooD6qWavG0PCY4KwZSXffNEY

Genshi, the Terror Unborn, is a mass of thick, viscous fluid, that appears to shift from oily to tar like in consistency. Approximately a gallon of Genshi can be called to the field, although greater quantities could be  produced if required. Genshi is the beginning of The Silent's horrifying lifecycle. Direct observation of Genshi will reveal black mouths, tentacles, orifices, and proto-claws manifesting and vanishing at random across its surface as it bubbles. The longer Genshi gestates, the more diverse and strange its features seem to become. Dr. [REDACTED] notes their assistants described bioluminescence, flickerings, and pulsations over time.

Genshi's liquid state can be used to great, but subtle effect to contaminate areas, assassinate targets, or create a diversion.

Dr. [REDACTED] described Genshi's makeup as an "extremely volatile organic compound". Released from the Mikiri's Kama, Genshi can be procured in amounts as small as a drop, to a gallon at a time. Normally. Genshi uniquely possesses the "Gestation" ability, which allows it to consume chakra and cannibalize cellular tissue, and chemical energy, before mutating into one of The Silent's lineages.  Irui has learned to incorporate Genshi into a multitude of forms, from clones, to using it as a subtle weapon.

Element: None

Skill(s): None

Unique Ability:

Gestation: Activate "Gestation" when Genshi appears on the field in any quantity the caster desires. When "Gestation" is active, Genshi will absorb 5 CP its Host (either Caster or Opponent) each turn. Each turn increase Genshi's rank by +1, it cannot attack until it reaches Rank C or higher  (its stats do not change). When Genshi reaches Rank C or higher, Genshi can Gestate into a registered/trained member of this contract (Of equivalent rank or lower).

In other words, use Gestation to charge a summoning, and pay for its cost, then turn Genshi into that summoning when the required turns have been met. Only one summoning can be Gestated from a Genshi at a time.

As a cost, Genshi's stats, techniques, element, and skills cannot be claimed at registration.

Abomination: Genshi is a unique lifeform, never seen before on Earth. Genshi cannot be destroyed unless attacked directly until reaching Rank C.  Likewise, Genshi cannot attack until Rank C. All players besides the Caster, or those who have seen Genshi before, will assume Genshi is a Material or Chemical.

Stats:
    Strength: E
    Constitution: E
    Stamina: E
    Speed: E
    Coordination: E
    Intelligence: E
    Perception: E

Techniques Known: N/A

Last edited by Irui on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:03 am; edited 5 times in total

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Summon Name: Tholziek, Conduit of the Void

Appearance:

Tholziek, the so-called Conduit of The Void, is a great and terrifying sight to behold. Much of its body is contained within a large triangular crown of ivory, from which massive black tentacles flow from its center. Bisecting the carapace of its crown is a trench, speckled with shimmering red sphjeres. These bioluminescent organs could be construed for eyes, burning with their own internal light, ring the edge of its crown. Buttressing its body are a series of globular organs, separated by a flowing skirt-like mantle. Tholziek's tentacles or filaments are another oddity, bisecting and branching in irregular patterns like veins or roots, with faintly luminescent tips. Despite its jellyfish like appearance, Tholziek towers over the land and water on its anti-gravity organs, allowing itself to slowly crawl over the landscape.

Tholziek's hunger for resources cannot be quenched, evidenced by its constant consumption of water from the atmosphere and land. From the top of its mantle, collected water is vented as a form of vapor; stripping the environment of precious resources and discarding them. Tholziek's powers have manifested as Water Release, allowing it to shift the tide of battle by controlling a highly valuable resource in an unorthodox manner: desiccation.

Element: Water
    Skill(s): Medical [Default: Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu]
    Stats: 20 Raises

Unique Abilities:

Horror: Tholziek is an otherworldly entity, that defies the natural order. Inflict Horror to all opponents as an Intelligence de-buff of -2. Neither Tholziek or it's opponent's may attack this turn. [10 CP]

Proportionate  Tholziek's attacks are proportional to its body size, and receive a +250m range and a +1 in Power. As a result, Tholziek suffers from gigantism, being a colossal entity comes with being an easy target. All opponents acquire a +1 Perception boost  (capped at B) for the explicit purpose of tracking. This does not increase awareness for Genjutsu.

Stats: (20 Raises)
    Strength: B [3]
    Constitution:  A [4]
    Stamina: B [3]
    Speed: D [1]
    Coordination: B [3]
    Intelligence: B [3]
    Perception: B [3]

Techniques:

Name:  ⍙⏃⏁⟒⍀ ⌇⏁⊬⌰⟒: ⎅⟒⌇⟟☊☊⏃⏁⟟⍜⋏ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒ ⌿⍀⍜⋔⟟⌇⟒⎅ ⌰⏃⋏⎅ || "Water Style: Desiccation of The Promised Land"
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 30
    Upkeep Cost: 30
    Range: 0-1km
    Speed:
    Skill: Ninjutsu, Medical Ninjutsu, Space-time
    Classification: Offensive
    Requirements: Contract with The Silent
    Parent Technique: Summoning Jutsu
    Hand Seals: Charge 3 or Dragon, Ox, Boar, Dragon, Hare, Rat, Dragon, Rooster, Monkey, Dragon, Tiger
    Description: Tholziek's signature ability, and one that has earned it the moniker "Conduit of the Void". Over a period of three turns, Tholziek will extend its innumerable filaments across the battlefield, sending out feeders and branching limbs, becoming root-like.  Using Water Release, Tholziek will then forcibly rip the water from the very landscape and atmosphere around it, desiccating whole swaths of land even drawing the moisture from bodies it contacts. In Tholziek's wake, it will leave the land as a bone white husk behind it.  The absorbed water is stored internally.

Grants temporary 3 turn immunity to Water Style and Water-Style Advanced elements. Boosts the strength of Fire Style techniques and Fire-Style Advanced Elements by +1.

Weaknesses: Unless an individual is making contact with one of Tholziek's roots, this technique appears to only cause dry-skin, eyes, and mild dehydration at range. While "Desiccation of The Promised Land" is active, Tholziek cannot move, and it cannot use its floatation-organs. Tholziek remains rooted to the ground while this technique is in progress, making it highly susceptible to Earth Style techniques. While Desiccation of the Promised Land is in play, against Tholziek, Earth-Style techniques are considered +1 rank stronger than normal.

Name:  ⏃⍀⍀⟟⎐⏃⌰ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒ ⎅⍀⍜⍙⋏⟒⎅ ⋔⍜⎍⋏⏁⏃⟟⋏⌇ || Water Style: Arrival of The Drowned Mountains
    Power: -
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Speed: A
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Parent Technique: Water Style: Desiccation of The Promised Land
    Hand Seals: None, Charge 3
    Description:  Can be activated only after the successful execution of "Desiccation of The Promised Land". "Drowned Mountains" Power has a base of S, if Tholziek can pay the upkeep cost of "Promised Land" for an additional 3 turns (100+ CP), change its Power to X.

Tholziek will uproot itself, drawing its full form from the ground as it levitates using its floatation organs. Tholziek will spread its filaments wide, nearly three times the length of its main body and release the water gathered from "Desiccation of The Promised Land",  fuel it with Water Style, and deliver the Drowned Mountains; a massive wall of water, several hundred feet in height. Due to the sheer volume of water, it will appear to move in slow motion, and at range appearing as mountains on the horizon, climbing into immense waves that will crush everything in their path.

Weaknesses: Will not work in the Land of Wind or the Land of Earth, unless near the sea, as the wave is dependent upon the volume of water stored.

Name: Water Release: Exploding Water Colliding Wave
    Cost: 10
    Range: 250 m.
    Speed: B
    Classification: N/A
    Requirement: N/A
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Handseals: Snake
    Description: The user spits out a great volume of water from their mouth, swallowing up and crushing the enemy with the advancing surge. The user can ride the wave, allowing them to move at high speed, and attack the enemy, now swept off their feet, without fear of counter-attacks.
    Drawbacks: N/A

Name: Water Clone Technique
    Cost: -
    Range: 25 m.
    Speed: -
    Handseals: Tiger
    Description: By using water as a medium, the user can create one or more clones of themselves. While the clones can perform techniques, they only possess one-tenth of the user's chakra and cannot go too far from the original. The clones can also be used as medium to perform other Water Release techniques, as demonstrated by Kisame when he reverted their arms into water to perform the Water Prison Technique. When these clones are struck with a sufficient amount of force they will revert to their water form. The clones can be created anywhere within a 25 m. range of the user, unlike the Shadow Clone technique which requires clones to be created next to the user (such ranged spawning would require the clone to be spawned from a pre-existing source of water)
    Drawbacks: When casting this technique the user's stamina must be above 30% in order to maintain control over his/her clones. In addition, the user must maintain general concentration to maintain their clone's presence. If at any time the user is inflicted with heavy damage in contrast with their Constitution all clones will be dispersed. The user must be within 25 m. of their clone.

Name: Hiding in Water Technique
    Cost: 5
    Upkeep: 1
    Range: Self
    Speed: Two Tiers below user Speed
    Handseals: -
    Description: The user becomes one with their element, merging their body with a water source. They can freely move around undetected and materialize themselves silently when it is time to strike becoming extremely effective when ambushing unsuspecting foe.
    Drawbacks: Despite being undetectable from the average eye, certain doujutsu and chakra sensing technique can pick up the user's signature. In addition, the user can also be damaged even when merged.

Name: Dead Soul Technique
    Activation Cost: S
    Upkeep Cost: N/A
    Range: 0m-50m
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Ijutsu
    Classification: Open
    Requirements: Ijutsu Kill
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: Using this technique, a user can temporarily reanimate a corpse, creating the illusion of a living person, and manoeuvre it at will with chakra. This is achieved by causing the heart to beat once more. The reanimated corpse can serve as either a short-time ally or an effective decoy. The traces of surgery can also be erased with chakra, because of which there's no difference, at first glance, with a live person. The user can add plastic surgery to this, altering the corpse's face, and goes even further by erasing its bodily odor, so that the smell doesn't give him away, thus creating an effective body double for himself. This technique may only be active for five posts before the activation cost must be paid again.
    Weaknesses: The corpse cannot use any ninja technique although they retain the base stats that they had at the point of death.  

Name: Yin Healing Wound Destruction
    Power: A
    Activation Cost: A
    Requirements: Requires sufficient Perception and/or Intelligence to predict the incoming attack as well as Constitution to endure the pain inflicted.
    Description: A medical ninjutsu where one anticipates the spot the enemy will attack and pre-emptively applies medical treatment to it, reducing damage to a minimum. The user concentrates chakra to that area and begins the cell recreation process even before the targeted area becomes damaged. Using opponent's physical movements and changes in the environment as well as the technique's speed and power, the user must analyze and accurately deduce where the attack will land. Even more than accurately predicting the attack or instantly gauging the situation, a great resilience is necessary depending on the damage inflicted. The technique will continue to heal damage until the user runs out of chakra, leaving the possibility that the damage will not be completely mended when the technique ends.
    Weaknesses: This technique does not in of itself nullify pain inflicted by a technique thus requiring a commensurate amount of Constitution so that the user does not die from shock or passes out.

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Bump. Filler words and things.

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: I take payment in blood

Post by Sayuri on Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:48 pm

@Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Genshi, the Terror Unborn, is a mass of thick, viscous fluid, that appears to shift from oily to tar like in consistency. Approximately a gallon of Genshi can be called to the field, although greater quantities could be produced if required. Genshi is the beginning of The Silent's horrifying lifecycle. Direct observation of Genshi will reveal black mouths, tentacles, orifices, and proto-claws manifesting and vanishing at random across its surface as it bubbles. The longer Genshi gestates, the more diverse and strange its features seem to become. Dr. [REDACTED] notes their assistants described bioluminescence, flickerings, and pulsations over time.

Genshi's liquid state can be used to great, but subtle effect to contaminate areas, assassinate targets, or create a diversion.

Dr. [REDACTED] described Genshi's makeup as an "extremely volatile organic compound". Released from the Mikiri's Kama, Genshi can be procured in amounts as small as a drop, to a gallon at a time. Normally. Genshi uniquely possesses the "Gestation" ability, which allows it to consume chakra and cannibalize cellular tissue, and chemical energy, before mutating into one of The Silent's lineages. Irui has learned to incorporate Genshi into a multitude of forms, from clones, to using it as a subtle weapon.

Unique Ability:

Gestation: Activate "Gestation" when Genshi appears on the field in any quantity the caster desires. When "Gestation" is active, Genshi will absorb 5 CP its Host (either Caster or Opponent) each turn. Each turn increase Genshi's rank by +1, it cannot attack until it reaches Rank C or higher (its stats do not change). When Genshi reaches Rank C or higher, Genshi can Gestate into a registered/trained member of this contract (Of equivalent rank or lower).

In other words, use Gestation to charge a summoning, and pay for its cost, then turn Genshi into that summoning when the required turns have been met. Only one summoning can be Gestated from a Genshi at a time.

As a cost, Genshi's stats, techniques, element, and skills cannot be claimed at registration.

Abomination: Genshi is a unique lifeform, never seen before on Earth. Genshi cannot be destroyed unless attacked directly until reaching Rank C. Likewise, Genshi cannot attack until Rank C. All players besides the Caster, or those who have seen Genshi before, will assume Genshi is a Material or Chemical.

Stats:

Genshi, the Terror Unborn
    *The UA’s for all summons on this contract must be contract wide, rather than individual UA’s for each summon. The listed UA - Gestation - could be restyled as a jutsu, however it should not be unique to the summon if it does not fall under the contract.
    *Absorbing CP should come from the caster, not any opponents. Without this limitation it would enable summoning higher ranked summons at virtually no cost to the caster.
    *It does not explicitly state that Genshi ever stops absorbing chakra, the implication being that it does not. This should be clarified.
    *The line; "All players besides the Caster, or those who have seen Genshi before, will assume Genshi is a Material or Chemical." feels a bit god-moddy. This could use a bit of rewording.
    *”Approximately a gallon of Genshi can be called to the field, although greater quantities could be produced if required.” How much can be summoned? Is there a maximum and if so what is it? What are the requirements to summon more than a gallon?

@Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Tholziek, the so-called Conduit of The Void, is a great and terrifying sight to behold. Much of its body is contained within a large triangular crown of ivory, from which massive black tentacles flow from its center. Bisecting the carapace of its crown is a trench, speckled with shimmering red sphjeres. These bioluminescent organs could be construed for eyes, burning with their own internal light, ring the edge of its crown. Buttressing its body are a series of globular organs, separated by a flowing skirt-like mantle. Tholziek's tentacles or filaments are another oddity, bisecting and branching in irregular patterns like veins or roots, with faintly luminescent tips. Despite its jellyfish like appearance, Tholziek towers over the land and water on its anti-gravity organs, allowing itself to slowly crawl over the landscape.

Tholziek's hunger for resources cannot be quenched, evidenced by its constant consumption of water from the atmosphere and land. From the top of its mantle, collected water is vented as a form of vapor; stripping the environment of precious resources and discarding them. Tholziek's powers have manifested as Water Release, allowing it to shift the tide of battle by controlling a highly valuable resource in an unorthodox manner: desiccation.

Unique Abilities:

Horror: Tholziek is an otherworldly entity, that defies the natural order. Inflict Horror to all opponents as an Intelligence de-buff of -2. Neither Tholziek or it's opponent's may attack this turn. [10 CP]

Proportionate Tholziek's attacks are proportional to its body size, and receive a +250m range and a +1 in Power. As a result, Tholziek suffers from gigantism, being a colossal entity comes with being an easy target. All opponents acquire a +1 Perception boost (capped at B) for the explicit purpose of tracking. This does not increase awareness for Genjutsu.

Constitution: A [4]

Techniques:

Name: ⍙⏃⏁⟒⍀ ⌇⏁⊬⌰⟒: ⎅⟒⌇⟟☊☊⏃⏁⟟⍜⋏ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒ ⌿⍀⍜⋔⟟⌇⟒⎅ ⌰⏃⋏⎅ || "Water Style: Desiccation of The Promised Land"
    Speed:
    Hand Seals: Charge 3 or Dragon, Ox, Boar, Dragon, Hare, Rat, Dragon, Rooster, Monkey, Dragon, Tiger
    Description: Tholziek's signature ability, and one that has earned it the moniker "Conduit of the Void". Over a period of three turns, Tholziek will extend its innumerable filaments across the battlefield, sending out feeders and branching limbs, becoming root-like. Using Water Release, Tholziek will then forcibly rip the water from the very landscape and atmosphere around it, desiccating whole swaths of land even drawing the moisture from bodies it contacts. In Tholziek's wake, it will leave the land as a bone white husk behind it. The absorbed water is stored internally.

Grants temporary 3 turn immunity to Water Style and Water-Style Advanced elements. Boosts the strength of Fire Style techniques and Fire-Style Advanced Elements by +1.

Weaknesses: Unless an individual is making contact with one of Tholziek's roots, this technique appears to only cause dry-skin, eyes, and mild dehydration at range. While "Desiccation of The Promised Land" is active, Tholziek cannot move, and it cannot use its floatation-organs. Tholziek remains rooted to the ground while this technique is in progress, making it highly susceptible to Earth Style techniques. While Desiccation of the Promised Land is in play, against Tholziek, Earth-Style techniques are considered +1 rank stronger than normal.

Name: ⏃⍀⍀⟟⎐⏃⌰ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒ ⎅⍀⍜⍙⋏⟒⎅ ⋔⍜⎍⋏⏁⏃⟟⋏⌇ || Water Style: Arrival of The Drowned Mountains
    Description: Can be activated only after the successful execution of "Desiccation of The Promised Land". "Drowned Mountains" Power has a base of S, if Tholziek can pay the upkeep cost of "Promised Land" for an additional 3 turns (100+ CP), change its Power to X.

Tholziek will uproot itself, drawing its full form from the ground as it levitates using its floatation organs. Tholziek will spread its filaments wide, nearly three times the length of its main body and release the water gathered from "Desiccation of The Promised Land", fuel it with Water Style, and deliver the Drowned Mountains; a massive wall of water, several hundred feet in height. Due to the sheer volume of water, it will appear to move in slow motion, and at range appearing as mountains on the horizon, climbing into immense waves that will crush everything in their path.

Weaknesses: Will not work in the Land of Wind or the Land of Earth, unless near the sea, as the wave is dependent upon the volume of water stored.

Description: The user spits out a great volume of water from their mouth, swallowing up and crushing the enemy with the advancing surge. The user can ride the wave, allowing them to move at high speed, and attack the enemy, now swept off their feet, without fear of counter-attacks.

Description: By using water as a medium, the user can create one or more clones of themselves. While the clones can perform techniques, they only possess one-tenth of the user's chakra and cannot go too far from the original. The clones can also be used as medium to perform other Water Release techniques, as demonstrated by Kisame when he reverted their arms into water to perform the Water Prison Technique. When these clones are struck with a sufficient amount of force they will revert to their water form. The clones can be created anywhere within a 25 m. range of the user, unlike the Shadow Clone technique which requires clones to be created next to the user (such ranged spawning would require the clone to be spawned from a pre-existing source of water)
    Drawbacks: When casting this technique the user's stamina must be above 30% in order to maintain control over his/her clones. In addition, the user must maintain general concentration to maintain their clone's presence. If at any time the user is inflicted with heavy damage in contrast with their Constitution all clones will be dispersed. The user must be within 25 m. of their clone.

Description: The user becomes one with their element, merging their body with a water source. They can freely move around undetected and materialize themselves silently when it is time to strike becoming extremely effective when ambushing unsuspecting foe.
    Drawbacks: Despite being undetectable from the average eye, certain doujutsu and chakra sensing technique can pick up the user's signature. In addition, the user can also be damaged even when merged.

Requirements: Ijutsu Kill
    Description: Using this technique, a user can temporarily reanimate a corpse, creating the illusion of a living person, and manoeuvre it at will with chakra. This is achieved by causing the heart to beat once more. The reanimated corpse can serve as either a short-time ally or an effective decoy. The traces of surgery can also be erased with chakra, because of which there's no difference, at first glance, with a live person. The user can add plastic surgery to this, altering the corpse's face, and goes even further by erasing its bodily odor, so that the smell doesn't give him away, thus creating an effective body double for himself. This technique may only be active for five posts before the activation cost must be paid again.
    Weaknesses: The corpse cannot use any ninja technique although they retain the base stats that they had at the point of death.

Requirements: Requires sufficient Perception and/or Intelligence to predict the incoming attack as well as Constitution to endure the pain inflicted.
    Description: A medical ninjutsu where one anticipates the spot the enemy will attack and pre-emptively applies medical treatment to it, reducing damage to a minimum. The user concentrates chakra to that area and begins the cell recreation process even before the targeted area becomes damaged. Using opponent's physical movements and changes in the environment as well as the technique's speed and power, the user must analyze and accurately deduce where the attack will land. Even more than accurately predicting the attack or instantly gauging the situation, a great resilience is necessary depending on the damage inflicted. The technique will continue to heal damage until the user runs out of chakra, leaving the possibility that the damage will not be completely mended when the technique ends.
    Weaknesses: This technique does not in of itself nullify pain inflicted by a technique thus requiring a commensurate amount of Constitution so that the user does not die from shock or passes out.

Tholziek, Conduit of the Void
    *As with the other one, the UA’s for all summons under this contract must be contract wide and not unique on top of the summons allotted jutsu.
    *Proportionate: While having Tholziek’s attacks increase in range seems fine, essentially making it an X-Rank summon does not. All opponents within the range of his attacks should receive +1 tier to Perception (with no cap) for the purposes of tracking it. This will also need to be restyled as it cannot be a UA specific to this summon and not others.
    *Horror: See above regarding UA’s that don’t fall under the contract. This will also need clarification as to the length of time that the effect may last. How long does the debuff stay? At what point are Tholziek and it’s opponents able to resume attacking? Or are they?
    *Water Style: Desiccation of The Promised Land - The amount of water that can be consumed and then subsequently stored needs clarification. I would like to see a hard number put on the amount of filaments, and therefore opponents that can be damaged by them, that Tholziek has access to for this jutsu. Since this has an upkeep cost, I assume the intention is to do this over multiple posts - if so when does the 3 turn immunity begin and/or end?
    *Water Style: Arrival of The Drowned Mountains: "Drowned Mountains" Power has a base of S, if Tholziek can pay the upkeep cost of "Promised Land" for an additional 3 turns (100+ CP), change its Power to X.” ← this part must be removed.

The Ice Queen:
    Character Name: Sayuri Yuki
    Spendable Experience: 120
    Total Experience: 1220
    Renown: 0
    Ryo: 235,000
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: D
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: C

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:26 pm

[spoiler]
    @Sayuri wrote:
    @Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Genshi, the Terror Unborn, is a mass of thick, viscous fluid, that appears to shift from oily to tar like in consistency. Approximately a gallon of Genshi can be called to the field, although greater quantities could be  produced if required. Genshi is the beginning of The Silent's horrifying lifecycle. Direct observation of Genshi will reveal black mouths, tentacles, orifices, and proto-claws manifesting and vanishing at random across its surface as it bubbles. The longer Genshi gestates, the more diverse and strange its features seem to become. Dr. [REDACTED] notes their assistants described bioluminescence, flickerings, and pulsations over time.

Dr. [REDACTED] described Genshi's makeup as an "extremely volatile organic compound". Released from the Mikiri's Kama, Genshi can be procured in amounts as small as a drop, to a gallon at a time. Normally. Genshi uniquely possesses the "Gestation" ability, which allows it to consume chakra and cannibalize cellular tissue, and chemical energy, before mutating into one of The Silent's lineages.  Irui has learned to incorporate Genshi into a multitude of forms, from clones, to using it as a subtle weapon.

Unique Ability:

Gestation: Activate "Gestation" when Genshi appears on the field in any quantity the caster desires. When "Gestation" is active, Genshi will absorb 5 CP its Host (either Caster or Opponent) each turn. Each turn increase Genshi's rank by +1, it cannot attack until it reaches Rank C or higher  (its stats do not change). When Genshi reaches Rank C or higher, Genshi can Gestate into a registered/trained member of this contract (Of equivalent rank or lower).

Abomination: Genshi is a unique lifeform, never seen before on Earth. Genshi cannot be destroyed unless attacked directly until reaching Rank C.  Likewise, Genshi cannot attack until Rank C. All players besides the Caster, or those who have seen Genshi before, will assume Genshi is a Material or Chemical.

Stats:

Genshi, the Terror Unborn
    *The UA’s for all summons on this contract must be contract wide, rather than individual UA’s for each summon. The listed UA - Gestation - could be restyled as a jutsu, however it should not be unique to the summon if it does not fall under the contract.
    *Absorbing CP should come from the caster, not any opponents. Without this limitation it would enable summoning higher ranked summons at virtually no cost to the caster.
    *It does not explicitly state that Genshi ever stops absorbing chakra, the implication being that it does not. This should be clarified.
    *The line; "All players besides the Caster, or those who have seen Genshi before, will assume Genshi is a Material or Chemical." feels a bit god-moddy. This could use a bit of rewording.
    *”Approximately a gallon of Genshi can be called to the field, although greater quantities could be  produced if required.” How much can be summoned? Is there a maximum and if so what is it? What are the requirements to summon more than a gallon?

@Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Unique Abilities:

Gestate: If Genshi has been on the field for 5 turns or more, Gestate into

Proportionate  Tholziek's attacks are proportional to its body size, and receive a +250m range. As a result, Tholziek suffers from gigantism, being a colossal entity comes with being an easy target. All opponents acquire a +1 Perception boost  (capped at B) for the explicit purpose of tracking. This does not increase awareness for Genjutsu.

Techniques:

Name:  ⍙⏃⏁⟒⍀ ⌇⏁⊬⌰⟒: ⎅⟒⌇⟟☊☊⏃⏁⟟⍜⋏ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒ ⌿⍀⍜⋔⟟⌇⟒⎅ ⌰⏃⋏⎅ || "Water Style: Desiccation of The Promised Land"
    Speed:
    Description: Tholziek's signature ability, and one that has earned it the moniker "Conduit of the Void". Over a period of three turns, Tholziek will extend its innumerable filaments across the battlefield, sending out feeders and branching limbs, becoming root-like.  Using Water Release, Tholziek will then forcibly rip the water from the very landscape and atmosphere around it, desiccating whole swaths of land even drawing the moisture from bodies it contacts. In Tholziek's wake, it will leave the land as a bone white husk behind it.  The absorbed water is stored internally.

Grants temporary 3 turn immunity to Water Style and Water-Style Advanced elements, from when the technique begins to when it ends (over 3 turns). Boosts the strength of Fire Style techniques and Fire-Style Advanced Elements by +1.

Name:  ⏃⍀⍀⟟⎐⏃⌰ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒ ⎅⍀⍜⍙⋏⟒⎅ ⋔⍜⎍⋏⏁⏃⟟⋏⌇ || Water Style: Arrival of The Drowned Mountains
    Description:  Can be activated only after the successful execution of "Desiccation of The Promised Land". "Drowned Mountains" Power has a base of S, if Tholziek can pay the upkeep cost of "Promised Land" for an additional 3 turns (100+ CP), change its Power to X.

Tholziek will uproot itself, drawing its full form from the ground as it levitates using its floatation organs. Tholziek will spread its filaments wide, nearly three times the length of its main body and release the water gathered from "Desiccation of The Promised Land",  fuel it with Water Style, and deliver the Drowned Mountains; a massive wall of water, several hundred feet in height. Due to the sheer volume of water, it will appear to move in slow motion, and at range appearing as mountains on the horizon, climbing into immense waves that will crush everything in their path.

Requirements: Ijutsu Skill

Tholziek, Conduit of the Void
    *As with the other one, the UA’s for all summons under this contract must be contract wide and not unique on top of the summons allotted jutsu.  
    *Proportionate: While having Tholziek’s attacks increase in range seems fine, essentially making it an X-Rank summon does not. All opponents within the range of his attacks should receive +1 tier to Perception (with no cap) for the purposes of tracking it. This will also need to be restyled as it cannot be a UA specific to this summon and not others.
    *Horror:  See above regarding UA’s that don’t fall under the contract. This will also need clarification as to the length of time that the effect may last. How long does the debuff stay? At what point are Tholziek and it’s opponents able to resume attacking? Or are they?
    *Water Style: Desiccation of The Promised Land - The amount of water that can be consumed and then subsequently stored needs clarification. I would like to see a hard number put on the amount of filaments, and therefore opponents that can be damaged by them, that Tholziek has access to for this jutsu. Since this has an upkeep cost, I assume the intention is to do this over multiple posts - if so when does the 3 turn immunity begin and/or end?
    *Water Style: Arrival of The Drowned Mountains: "Drowned Mountains" Power has a base of S, if Tholziek can pay the upkeep cost of "Promised Land" for an additional 3 turns (100+ CP), change its Power to X.” ← this part must be removed.  

1. Regarding Gestate, here is how I envision Genshi working: 

Its a microbial, parasitic organism. If it can remain on the field for X-number of turns, Irui can "Gestate" Genshi into another Summoning. Irui has already performed the Spiritualism pre-requisite for a Summoning, and holds the contract, thus the two most vital components of a Summoning have already been met. Genshi just needs an adequate supply of chakra to properly Gestate.  However placing it as a unique ability doesn't make sense, in hindsight, so I'll convert it into a jutsu.

2. Regarding a second ability for the contract, I might as well put "Chakra Absorption" to match the theme and lore. That way the whole contract matches, and it ties into Gestation, which would then tie in the rule of Chakra Absorption. I think this is a decent work-around.

3. I checked with Staff on the Proportional issue, and while it makes sense that Summons by default would have proportionally scaled techniques, Nyg is concerned about Summons and techniques getting too complicated with technique-scaling. So I'll instead register larger equivalents if required.

4. I'll make edits to Tholziek and Genshi

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:37 pm

@Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Skill(s): Medical
    Stats:
    Stamina: D
    Intelligence: D

Techniques Known:

Name: Gestation Ability
    Activation Cost: -
    Range:. Self
    Element: Unknown
    Skill: Medical, Summoning
    Classification: Supplementary
    Parent Technique: Spiritualism Technique
    Hand Seals:
    Description: When Genshi the Terror Unborn enters the field, automatically activate this as an ability. ctivate "Gestation" when Genshi appears on the field in any quantity the caster desires. When "Gestation" is active, Genshi will absorb 5 CP its Host (either Caster or Opponent) each turn. Each turn increase Genshi's rank by +1, it cannot attack until it reaches Rank C or higher  (its stats do not change). When Genshi reaches Rank C or higher, Genshi can Gestate into a registered/trained member of this contract (Of equivalent rank or lower).

Weaknesses: Activated automatically when Genshi appears from Irui's Kama (See Contract). Genshi is frail and helpless as it gestates, it cannot attack until Rank C and must absorb chakra in order to gestate into a higher form of the Silent. It is utterly defenseless and must rely on a flow of chakra from the Summoner or Host in order to transform into a higher creature. Weak naturally to Earth Style.

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:54 pm

@Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Tholziek's hunger for resources cannot be quenched, evidenced by its constant consumption of water from the atmosphere and land. From the top of its mantle, collected water is vented as a form of vapor; stripping the environment of precious resources and discarding them. Tholziek's powers have manifested as Water Release, allowing it to shift the tide of battle by controlling a highly valuable resource in an unorthodox manner.

Techniques:

Name: Water Release: Water Severing Wave
    Cost: 15
    Upkeep: 10
    Range: 100 m.
    Handseals: Tiger > Rat > Horse > Snake > Dragon > Hands clap
    Description: After kneading chakra in the stomach and converting it into water, the user spews it out as a high pressure stream that is powerful enough to cut cleanly through several trees with ease.

Name: Water Release: Great Exploding Water Colliding Wave
    Range: 500 m.
    Parent Technique: Water Release: Exploding Water Colliding Wave
    Handseals: Ram
    Description: This technique is a larger version of the Water Release: Exploding Water Colliding Wave. With it, the user spews out a massive amount of water, covering an entire area with crushing waves.
    Drawbacks]

Last edited by Irui on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:52 am; edited 4 times in total

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Jounin

Post by Shimiko Chinoike on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Desiccation is specific to Scorch Release and thus you cannot use Water Release to reproduce that effect.

The Silent P5_portrait_of_Anne_Takamaki27s_Phantom_Thief_outfit_without_mask

Stats

• Stamina: A++
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence:  B
    • Perception: A

Gear

• 1x Kālīkoroshimasu
    • 1x Kālīkoroshimasu (Chakra Disruption Technology)
    • 10x Serrated Kunai
    • Six Sai of Serration
    • Badger's Claws
    • Chinowakugumi Armour (Snow Armour Technology)
    • Twin Tessen of Terror

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 pm

@Shimiko Chinoike wrote:Desiccation is specific to Scorch Release and thus you cannot use Water Release to reproduce that effect.

Tholziek uses water release to draw water from the landscape using Water Style, and holding it within itself. While doing so, Tholziek is temporarily immune to Water Style techniques as his body will absorb it. "Desiccation" acts like a straw essentially, and refers to Tholziek basically drinking the water. Tholziek then releases all this water through Drowned Mountains.

Scorch Release from the Wiki wrote:
    Scorch Release (灼遁, Shakuton, Viz: Scorch Style) is a nature transformation kekkei genkai. When Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki combine their fire and wind-natured techniques, the resulting technique is dubbed "Scorch Release",[1] suggesting those are its component natures. Pakura of Sunagakure uses Scorch Release to heat up a target's body, causing all the liquid in their body to evaporate and leave them as a desiccated corpse. In the anime, her Scorch Release is weak against Water Release.[2]

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:56 pm

The mechanism is indeed different but the effect is the exact same. My suggestion would be to perhaps say that rather than remove water, he finds a way to over-saturate his opponents with it?

Gear
    Kunai x 10
    Shuriken x 10
    Explosive Tag x5
    Flash Bomb x5
    Smoke Bomb x5
    Blood Pills x 5.
    Coagulation Pills x 5
    Military Ration Pills x 20
    Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:50 pm

@Nyguyen Uchiha wrote:The mechanism is indeed different but the effect is the exact same. My suggestion would be to perhaps say that rather than remove water, he finds a way to over-saturate his opponents with it?

Forget it.

I picked everything from the library.

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:41 am

If this concept is difficult, then please state it. I can easily use the Vulture contract which has already been approved.

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm

So its now October, I made Tholziek use only Library techs.

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Jounin

Post by Shimiko Chinoike on Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:31 am

Last sentence still mentions decissitation

The Silent P5_portrait_of_Anne_Takamaki27s_Phantom_Thief_outfit_without_mask

Stats

• Stamina: A++
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence:  B
    • Perception: A

Gear

• 1x Kālīkoroshimasu
    • 1x Kālīkoroshimasu (Chakra Disruption Technology)
    • 10x Serrated Kunai
    • Six Sai of Serration
    • Badger's Claws
    • Chinowakugumi Armour (Snow Armour Technology)
    • Twin Tessen of Terror

Irui
    Irui

Character File

Post by Irui on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:59 am

@Shimiko Chinoike wrote:Last sentence still mentions decissitation

Removed

Current Stats:

Jashinist Immortality

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:52 am

@Irui wrote:
    @Irui wrote:

Appearance:

Tholziek's hunger for resources cannot be quenched, evidenced by its constant consumption of water from the atmosphere and land. From the top of its mantle, collected water is vented as a form of vapor; stripping the environment of precious resources and discarding them. Tholziek's powers have manifested as Water Release, allowing it to shift the tide of battle by controlling a highly valuable resource in an unorthodox manner.

Techniques:

Name: Water Release: Water Severing Wave
    Upkeep: 10
    Range: 100 m.
    Handseals: Tiger > Rat > Horse > Snake > Dragon > Hands clap
    Description: After kneading chakra in the stomach and converting it into water, the user spews it out as a high pressure stream that is powerful enough to cut cleanly through several trees with ease.

Name: Water Release: Great Exploding Water Colliding Wave
    Range: 500 m.
    Parent Technique: Water Release: Exploding Water Colliding Wave
    Handseals: Ram
    Description: This technique is a larger version of the Water Release: Exploding Water Colliding Wave. With it, the user spews out a massive amount of water, covering an entire area with crushing waves.
    Drawbacks]

Approved

Gear
    Kunai x 10
    Shuriken x 10
    Explosive Tag x5
    Flash Bomb x5