Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Unsealing Memories

Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo:

Unsealing Memories  Empty Unsealing Memories

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Miyu with the assistance of a fellow Ryuutei got trudged herself to Satori’s home. She knew she could just get there on her own, but with Midori giving off waves of pain and turmoil. And Miyu herself not knowing how to fix things. Decided it was more important to know just what damage she’d done. And find out from Satori how to fix things after she was done.

As she got to his home she gave it a knock and waited to be allowed in, when Satori got to the door she’d lean against him and give him a hug that was every bit as much for him, thanking him, as much as it was for her desperately needing a hug from family.

“Big Brother, can … after we undo this, can we talk? I need to make sure I can recall everything, and I just … I don’t know. I don’t even know what I’m missing to begin with,” She’d say onto his leg before looking up at him with pleading eyes.

She knew he wasn’t going to just toss her out, and a part of her knew he was someone who’d do anything to save her life if there was anyway it could be done. But another part couldn’t help but see the unfolding trainwreck spread before her eyes, and wince a little at what would happen once everything was said and done.

[1]

Skills:
    Bloodline, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Puppetry, Fuuin, Ijutsu

Stats:
    Strength: C (450) : C+ (Comfortable Living)
    Con: C (450)
    Stam: C (450) : B+ (Uzumaki Female) :
    Speed: D (150)
    Coord: C (450)
    Int: A (950)
    Perc: C (450)

T: (15/ 18)

_________

205 CP / -1 CP per Post (Long Sighted UA.)

Precog: 7 (tied to Empathy UA.)
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Unsealing Memories  Empty Re: Unsealing Memories

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Satori caught the scent of Miyu’s chakra before all else, and finished signing the paperwork he’d been going over to finish the purchase of his shop in Kirigakure before he hauled himself up to examine the door. Once she knocked, he moved forward and slid the door open without issue as his fingertips fell into her hair when she clung to him.

Her mumble into his waist and leg caused his eyes to soften slightly before he nodded once.

“I don’t mind. We have some things that we need to handle properly either way,” he stated simply before glancing over her shoulder toward the direction he knew Midori still was likely.

“Don’t worry about her too much, Miyu. Midori is just sensitive to these things, and it surprised her. Once she gets used to the idea you’ll be with us for a while and she has time to get used to the idea of you leaving, it won’t be as rough. For now let’s get your seal removed,” with this he smiled, before turning and gently leading her inside.

Closing the door behind him before the tall young man moved toward the door and motioned toward the large cushion. Idly standing in front of it as he lifted a hand up and chakra ink began to flow over his flesh. Rapidly coating his forearm and hand while he patiently waited for her to settle.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:09 pm

As Miyu trudged over to the pillow she couldn’t get how hurt and angry Midori was. Sure getting slammed into the wall after saying she was prepared to inflict grievous harm upon herself, or worse for the crime of hurting Midori, was a bit painful. But that was par for the course, anyone who hurt Midori needed to face the consequences of said act. Just because Miyu was family didn’t exclude her from that.

Mdiori saying she needed to come here so she could truly understand why she was hurting made sense. But the raw pain on her face, the tears streaming down as she yelled at her, and seemed a hair’s width from snapping her like a twig caught her off guard. She had years of memories missing to begin with, but she doubted she ever saw Midori so livid that it looked like homicide was a very real option.

And the worst of it was that she really didn’t get where the pain was coming from. Of the things she spoke of, two of them had Miyu and her together, hell one of the two ended with Miyu begging Midori to come soar free with her for awhile before they both came back to the village to rest their wings. It wasn’’t as if she were saying she was leaving Midori, even the final of the three paths she saw, she made it clear that if Midori was dead set to stay put, that Miyu was coming back, and would always come back for Midori.

But being cooped up in a village was almost as crushing and claustrophobia inducing as the darkness of loneliness, fear, self-hatred, and anger she had welling up inside her every day. And after being free for so long, albeit lonely and resentful, being cooped up in one one place for so long felt constricting, with undertones of being caged.

Slumping down to the pillow, Miyu would look at Satori and ask, ”So Big Brother, what exactly did I end up creating? I mean I don’t even know if those seals would work as they were supposed to, but if they morphed, I have no idea what I ended up creating, or what the seal looks like now.”

[2]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Satori’s gaze followed her as she settled, he remained silent as she relaxed as best she could. He had already given her the rules she needed and his opinion on everything; regaining her memories would go a long way to helping her settle her mind. But until she got her head on straight and focused on what she needed to do, she’d just get more and more clogged up.

It wasn’t as though the massive village was alot of the same to see. But, if she wanted to explore more, he had nothing against the idea beyond her own safety. There was no reason to restate anything, however. Instead, he focused on her question as she finally looked up at him.

“From the scan I performed, it appears to be sealing a large section of the hippocampus. I don’t know what you were trying to create, but considering your skill level delving into anything to do with the mind was a… bad decision. I specialize in Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu and Genjutsu and I still would be very careful experimenting with things affecting the mind and neural network. One misstep even from a master like me can lead to someone going braindead. You’re lucky this is all that happened from the backfire.” As he poured the young woman a cup of tea, he then shifted himself a bit to place a hand on the table.

Chakra ink swirled out from his palm, flowing along from his skin where it had formed to show her a replica of what was within her mind. Essentially looking like a mixture of the seals she’d been trying for all congealed into a single chaotic mess with no proper direction.

“It likely targeted your hippocampus purely due to wherever your hands were when you placed the seal. It if had targeted any other brain for the most part… I’m not sure what it would have done to you. Luckily, all of these seals are very basic. Overstretching what seals of their rank can actually perform. It won’t take any effort at all to remove them while not under duress.” He smiled lightly, before releasing a breath and reaching out his hand to firmly press against her forehead.

“Take a slow breath to relax yourself,” he stated simply, smiling down at her before his own eyes fell closed.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Miyu nodded at Satori’s explanation as he poured her a cup of tea. As she thought about the texts that she wrote, ”Probably trying to use the gaps in the brain between one thought or action in the next, where there’s nothing. To see if any of those things could help Midori. I mean if I had her Bloodline, I could be better equipped to solve the problem. But since I can’t it seems like all my research is me desperately trying to grasp at straws. And from Midori’s diary’s I bring it up often, yet she won’t budge. So I think those seals were a last ditch effort, of a desperate woman trying to save her family. When the obvious solution isn’t available.”

Miyu would end her mini-rant with a tone of panic, followed by an angry huff before she drained the cup of tea, and asked for another. As she took her time to enjoy the tea this time. She felt herself relax, and her nerves settle, she looked at the replica of her mind, and the congealed mess of seals. Listening to Satori explain what she was seeing, she calmed herself at a known threat. And relaxed even more at Satori’s instruction. Letting the calming effects of the tea take hold.

[3]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Satori held his tongue on her initial outburst, only because he knew as it stood right now there was no telling how much of her mind was actually gone. It would be difficult to explain to “this” Miyu, why Midori was so adamant amount her refusal. That bloodline was a curse--at best. She had managed to reign it in on some level, but Satori understood entirely why she didn’t wish to give it to another, especially someone she cared about. Perhaps in the future, when Miyu was saner to begin with, and when Midori was more confident in the ability to control it. But not now.

Still, there was no point to explain that to Miyu at the moment. One step at a time. Instead, Satori reached out with his chakra. Ink seals spread from his hand to flow over her forehead and skin rapidly as he felt the seal within her mind carefully.

Like dozens of picks carefully poking at the insides of a lock, teasing for that one opening that would work the best, his chakra invaded the seal from every angle. It didn’t take long for the “picks” to begin taking the seal apart. First one layer, then another as he tore down the layers and separated the chaotic seals from one another.

After a few minutes, his hand slowly drew back, and the chakra ink would fade from her skin. With it, faded the seal she herself had placed on her mind as well. Releasing a single breath he straightened and offered a slight smile to her.

“All done. Give it a few minutes… and when the memories start returning, grab the pillow and lean back. You may pass out from the shock. I’ll be here the entire time so don’t worry.” His tone was firm, reassuring as he smiled softly.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Not long after Satori’s hand rested against her head, she felt a pop in her mind, followed by a small twinge of pain like getting a pinch, and an expansion of force. Starting slowly at first, but raising in speed and intensity till the last seal came undone. And if she thought she knew pain when she read the diary’s. That was nothing compared to the massive wave of a migraine now filling her mind as massive waves of poorly contained mental energy and chakra flooded her mind.

She barely heard Satori to grip a pillow as she rolled into a ball clutching a pillow for dear life as she grunted in pain. As the force started to abate, she was slammed with memory after memory, being rapidly slammed into her brain with the force of a war hammer. As the bits and pieces of her life fell into place and tried settling back.

She remembered when Midori finally broke through her barriers, and got her to release all the feelings and pain inside, before showing her, her transformed form. Of their oath to always help each other, and the close connection they made.

She remembered her dragging her to Satori, and having him help her. With it being discovered she was more alike to Midori than either of the two girls could have anticipated. As well as starting to meld Calming Steps with his training to control and channel her emotions.

She remembered, all the times they shared, and the bonds that were forged between them, bringing them closer than ever. As well as helping her when they discovered she was an Empath, and hone her natural sensory techniques to keep her from getting overwhelmed everytime Midori lost her cool, and went berserk … something that looking back on them now, Miyu felt lucky to live through.

And what felt like an eternity reliving her own life her body finally relaxed. Looking into herself she felt raw, and all the progress they had made, now ripped off. Sighing she opened her eyes, and held up a hand to hold off any questions, while she went through the processes of Calming Steps. That raw feeling, and storm of emotions only barely calmed by the technique, ”It’s going to take awhile before I’m back to where I should be. Want to help me make sure everything is in place and properly remembered?”

Her tone while calm, held eddies of the emotional turmoil she was feeling from all the memories flooding back. But her use of Calming Steps would have turned her from looking like a wreck, to looking reserved with an undertone of worry.

[4]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Satori examined her quietly, and to his credit: didn’t panic in the slightest. He had performed countless emergency operations by this point in his life now. Self experimented, tortured others, dissected himself to remove a toxin-laced kunai, seen children slaughtered in front of him and nearly killed his own father. As much as her suffering pained him, he wasn’t about to freak out over it.

Instead, he sat back and waited patiently as he kept on hand firmly on her arm throughout the process so he could continue scanning her body and mind to ensure nothing had gone wrong. Since nothing had, by the time she slowly relaxed his arm drew back and he nodded once as her hand lifted up. A silent request for temporary silence.

Once she finally sat up, he simply smiled at the calm tone slowly returning to her voice. Though she was clearly overwhelmed, such was to be expected. As she inquired about making sure things were in the right place he nodded once.

“Any questions you have you can ask. Though if you’re too overloaded, you’re welcome to rest for a bit first. I won’t mind.” He replied simply as his fingers intertwined in his lap watching her.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 pm

At the offer to rest first Miyu nodded quietly, and tried to fall back on the meditation practice that Midori and her had done daily since their bonding. She let herself find her center, feeling the buffeting of emotions come and go as she let herself sink deeper into herself. She felt her muscles relax and the stress ease from her body, as she let go.

Once in her center, she’d repeat Calming Steps, getting her emotions and her mind under control, slowly, inch by inch she’d regain control. But it was a tenuous control, and one that felt as incomplete as when she first started, ”Still raw, will take a few days to get back to normal.” Miyu said softly to herself before looking at Satori.

She gave a gentle, warm smile devoid of her normal artifice, and let him see the shadows of emotion still bothering her, ”I had thought we had dealt with all those negative thoughts and fixed things. I guess I need to find something beyond Calming Steps for myself, now as for questions. Let’s start with a simple one. After Midori and I opened to each other and she showed me her Nature Transformation, which is mostly where my obsession began. She dragged me over here for help.

“Do you remember how that went down?”
    As she asked she would compare her own recollection to compare to see where they were gaps or holes.

[5]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Satori waited patiently as she relaxed, and once she finally managed to center herself and murmured that she’d still need time he nodded once in agreement. Considering how much of her personality had, essentially, been repressed it was a miracle she was even mentally stable enough to focus.

It said quite a bit about how different the “true” Miyu had been from the lie she’d been living since her memories had been sealed. Intertwining his fingertips, Satori’s eyes softened as she commented on the negative feelings.

“You’ll have it rough for the next few days. If you need help simply come to me. I’ll help you sort it all out as much as you need.” Satori grunted softly before he slowly shifted on the cushion and contemplated her next question. She was going back… quite a ways. She really had sealed quite a bit of her mind off.

“If you’re referring to when you both stumbled up to me breathless and overly emotional so long ago,” his smile was gentle but playful. “Then I began teaching you the same way I had her to help control her murderous tendencies. She called them ‘Calming Steps’, I believe. A serious of mental tricks to help build up a mental wall for emergency emotional suppressants. After that, I started to show you how to meditate for a more permanent steady solution. How to close off your mind and handle it in sections. Take it one step at a time to carefully analyze your situation, and keep an open, calm mind as much as possible. Various techniques such as the mind palace, emotional balance, and so forth to help keep your… less savory emotional tendencies in check.” His brow arched slightly.

“Is that what you remember? We spent many months on it, and after that a few days every week well into our time together. Though after a bit you stopped coming. I guess now we know why.”

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Miyu focused on his words and at at the mention of her less savory emotional tendencies cringed, ”Yeah, now that I’m not in that mindset, remembering some of the things I did prior to the naming ceremony still makes me sick to my stomach … and yeah. I’m glad that after my less than stellar first impression of Riku a week and a half back we became tight friends.

“Although can’t believe that she never knew who I was despite almost six years living amongst the Ryuutei.
    Miyu gave a loud sigh and leaned back. Focusing on controlling the stirrings of guilt and shame. And a new one knowing not too long ago what she did to get Riku to notice her and the reasoning behind it.

Sure she had plenty of new memories with her rival and friend now that they’d have met. But drugging her how she did was beyond unacceptable. ”And I’m sorry about drugging all your food because I knew you’d be immune to it, simply to get to Riku when under the effects of the seal. I’m actually surprised after seeing my doll by your door, you didn’t read me the riot act. I’d have deserved it.”

She digested what he told her about there training, ”Vaguely, I knew I had an aptitude for the Mind Palace, and that it was similar to what I had been using previously, but that training merely amplified and focused it. I do remember you helping me when I asked if you could help my mental quirks. Such as how my mind fluidly spreads around a problem and finds solutions to it from multiple angles, and I do remember segmenting being very helpful in understanding various aspects of myself.

“Was attempting to get to a space where I could heal segments that needed healing … but then I went and warped my mind.”

She’d look up at the ceiling trying to organize her thoughts for the next chunk of memories to digest.

[6]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Satori shrugged at her comment regarding Riku. “Riku can handle herself,” he replied idly, “Your toxin didn’t have the effect, and I trusted it wouldn’t. She’s constantly injecting herself with things that would kill normal people. Between her natural endurance, and her bloodline, if you don’t have a very specific set of skills she’s near impossible to kill, and very difficult to damage. My future wife wouldn’t be so weak.” It wasn’t as though he was trying to insult Miyu’s ability to create toxins, he simply was stating why he didn’t act hostile.

“That and you were already pretty much beyond my help. I wasn’t really able to do much to get through to you, and I was working on figuring out why. Yelling at you wouldn’t have helped anything,” with this he placed his chin in his palm and nodded once as she clarified that she had, in fact, remembered most of what he’d commented on.

“That’s good news, then,” he answered simply with a smile. It was a good sign, to say the least. The more that she recalled the better, really. If things continued at a steady pace she’d be more than mentally stable, perhaps she’d actually be able to properly use that mind of hers that he’d been trying to help hone with Midori for so many years before this sealing incident.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:13 pm

”Oh! I wasn’t trying to poison her. I wanted her to be tripping balls on pure LSD. I can remember me in that state thinking about an actual poison, but I wanted her to remember me, and to have a bit of fun rather than anything truly malicious. And I did end up poisoning her on accident … didn’t think what me and Midori consider light coffee to cause her to be sick. But I did at least fix it, and watch over her as she slept.”

She felt a tug at her lips at the memory, as Riku poisoned her, and she came back with Light KC, which was about 6 pot of coffee worth of caffeine in a single cup. Just a light pick me up after a busy day, she didn’t want to imagine what’d have happened if she gave Riku the hard stuff.

”I’m glad things worked out though. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend that Riku, and yeah. I’m sorry I caused all of you so much distress. I- I’m just getting desperate you know? For years I’ve been trying everything I can to help understand the Curse Midori bears so that I can find actual solutions. That’s one bit of your training that’s paid off in dividends. If I can grasp a problem, I have a massive repository of knowledge to attack it at all sides, and I’m adaptable and creative.

“But that? There’s no way I can understand something I can’t personally experience. And I’m guessing I’m a little glad I didn’t go through with the Curse Mark plan … I mean yeah, almost desperate enough. But it’d be safer just to get an organ. At least with my Surgical Precision Drug I’d have S rank intelligence for a while, and with Living Tank would have A rank Constitution for all of the surgery.

“But yeah. My acting in haste. Grasping at straws hurt you and Midori greatly, and while I can’t ask you on Midori’s behalf to forgive me for her. Can I at least have your forgiveness for the suffering and grief I caused you?”

[7]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Satori’s brow arched slightly as she commented on Midori once more and rested his chin in his palm as she rattled on about her drugs. Though it was notable, there was an issue with her desire.

“You’re forgetting something very basic in regards to Midori. But that aside, of course, you’re forgiven. It’s partly my fault that you felt so cornered you had to experiment on yourself of all things after all.” With this his gaze then slid toward the ceiling.

“I know techniques that can make a implant surgery go near flawlessly with a supporting medical team and a hospital. That’s a very large part of resisting organ implants--bloodlines can run rampant and kill the implantee after all. Your drugs will help, but it won’t make her change her mind.” His head lowered a bit to examine Miyu before he sighed.

“You’re forgetting her trauma. The loss of her father due to that bloodline. The fact the entire village has treated her as something to be feared most her life, and only recently has that changed to respect, even then much fear remains. She was so scared of it she feared even showing it to the clan--and we eat people.” His smile was gentle at the light joke, but his eyes were serious.

“She won’t just give up the organ and risk spreading what she views as a terrible curse. Not for a long time. She needs to accept her blood, find her father, and move forward. Learning Senjutsu once I can locate a proper teacher will also go a long way for her. As well as seeing an implant go successfully with something else to help kill the fear a bit. My vote as well, will help. But even I can’t change her mind on some things. It’ll take time. You’ll have to help her the way everyone else has for now, and the same ways you’ve been doing since you met her.” His eyes softened a bit as he shrugged.

“Be with her, be her family, and help her slowly come out of her shell and expand herself as a person before we try to force solutions via techniques and drugs.” His hand lifted up slowly to hold his chin in thought.

“Though I suppose there’s a way to alleviate the fear of the surgery going wrong, and this does line up relatively well… I didn’t want to ask you until you were less fatigued however,” his brow furrowed in concern.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 pm

When she heard the truth about her father she’d bolt up and practically shrieked, ”SAY WHAT!”

She’d glare into the distance at hearing it again and let out a growl, ”That’s pretty damn important information. After all she said about trusting me, about us being a team and working together. She kept that from me! I would have done so many damn things differently, but holy hell!

“From the moment I saw that form, and she can collaborate! I showed her nothing but awe, admiration, and love. I saw how it pained her to switch between forms. So we for years! Worked in bringing it into our meditation and training practices! I spent years by her side, seeing her emotional pain, letting her know that form wasn’t a monster, and that I loved that part of her. That I fully accepted that part of her, and we worked together for ages!

“And you’re telling me! That after almost six years of this! That she kept that from me? I, until fucking up my mind, had never kept a secret from her. Every plot, plan, idea I had to help her. I shared. But! GAAHHH!!! Need to calm down!”

She’d try and fail at trying to calm her breathing. As a furious, hot trail of tears leaked from her eyes. [color]”Why didn’t she trust me? I’ve always been there for her, always! I have given everything I am, and then some to helping her. And yet, I’m still not good enough.”

She’d look at Satori, and let out a heavy sigh, ”Let me guess, my desire to have that part of Midori at any cost. Lines up with a need for you to perform surgery of some sort? I can get the drugs for you on discount, since we’re family if that’s what you need.”

[8]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Satori released a slow sigh as she got so emotional so quickly, and simply waited until she had calmed down enough to bring up her drugs again. Waving them off and instead focusing on the main subject.

“It’s important to you. Don’t insult her saying she’s been keeping secrets when it’s something that means little to her, and is, frankly quite obvious if you think about what she’s already told you. I doubt she felt like she needed to tell you that their bloodline was the reason her father had stormed off in an emotional rage for vengeance. That’s exactly what makes logical sense.” He stated this bluntly, as usual he was not trying to hurt her feelings--but he also felt no need to soften the blow.

“You’re upset, and that’s fine, but don’t accuse her of keeping secrets when you haven’t even heard her side. Especially after how badly you’ve hurt her yourself.” Releasing a slow breath he closed one eye and leaned back on his cushion.

“One subject at a time. For now, you need to try and make peace with her, and that will involve giving her a bit of space, and then try to approach her more sensibly. If you’re emotional too you’ll both just blow up on one another and nothing will be fixed, only more damage will be done. If you can’t keep a level head and stay neutral, you can’t speak with her and settle things properly to calm the storm.” Slowly relaxing he sighed.

“Honestly. You girls are such a damn pain,” despite his words and tired sigh, his eyes were gentle, as was his smile. “But I’ll do my best to watch over you both. So try to be patient and keep calm, alright?”

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Miyu digested his words and Miyu slumped down, and went through the Calming Steps again. It was more difficult than last time, but if she were to ever have a chance of getting that next step closer to proving she could handle whatever Midori’s curse could throw at her, she needed to keep a level head. After several minutes she replied in an even voice, ”Like always, you’re right. I was just startled by the revelation, and am at a point where my emotions are very raw right now. Like I had forcefully undone all the work we went through.

“You know, the reason I came to you so often, and put so much effort into mastering myself and getting stronger? It’s all so I can prove to Midori that she has nothing to fear from me, and that by my example. I can show her, she can be more than the rage inside her … but … I apologize for my outburst. Although with Midori … when I talked with her. I listed three paths that darker, more uncontrolled part of me came up with. Two of them had us together, I even urged her to pick from those two, with the third one, being the only one that would have us separated, and only for a while.

“But I guess, in the heat of the moment. Even asking for other options, and making it clear she was my home, and everything I do, every thought I have, is with her in mind. Even the more selfish thoughts. She only saw it as her losing me … I need to make that up to her. And not in the “I’ll gladly take my life to make recompense for hurting you” make up either.”

She fell back into a lying position looking up at the ceiling, her breathing finally coming under control, ”I can’t believe I told her that, after you all left. I’m lucky she just kind of broke a wall with me after that. But now I see why she yelled at me to go see you, and then “I’d know why she was upset”.”

[9]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Satori watched her quietly as she spoke, as usual he only spoke once she was finished and she had settled down properly. A smile formed however when she finally relaxed and stared up at the ceiling.

“I think just being able to talk to you, like this, will go a very long way for Midori. I’m sure she felt similar to me. Felt a distance growing between us, but wasn’t sure what to do about it. Midori probably felt even more frustrated however as… well, frankly she doesn’t have the mind for complex emotional and social situations like what you caused.” His shoulders lifted in a shrug. “That. combined with what you said, and your clear instability… well. I’m glad I didn’t have to intervene. The cats were keeping an eye on you two, just in case I had too. Thankfully it never got that bad.” His tone softened and he sighed, leaning back and idly crossing his legs, hands falling into his lap.

“Give her a few days. You need that time as well. I’ll let her know your seal is removed and you’re back to normal for you… once you feel less raw and the shock has faded, go see her again. Talk to her, and this time don’t offer her options. Just… talk with her. See what she feels, what she wants, what she doesn’t understand. Reassure her that you aren’t going anywhere for now, and avoid the subject of you eventually leaving. She already is going to be thinking about it. Don’t bring it up again until she does. That’ll be her way of saying she’s ready. Until then you have plenty to do anyway, right?”

With a slight smile, he stretched his arms above his head before grunting lightly and glancing toward her briefly, before contemplating the other question he had for her. He’d intended to ask it later but, since it had already been brought up he was contemplating just asking now and saving time.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm

”Yeah, give her space and time to think … you know that wooded area in Kiri outside our clan district? And how there’s a small mountainous area there? I think I’m going to go there to the peaks. Let Midori calm down, let me calm down, and when she’s ready she can get me … and I’ll put all my effort into the spiritual techniques of my clan that you both helped me find, and we worked on fine tuning. But I have a lot to do, and a lot to redo.

“I need to throw myself into training, and getting back up to snuff. If I’m going to be of any use to any of you. But … can you let her know? I want to be the one, but as you said we said, we both need space to cool down, and I hurt her enough by accident already. I don’t want to hurt her more. And when I do get back, I need training in Fuuin and Ijutsu. Everything you can throw at me, and any help you can give with the train wreck of books I have.

“As for the thing you wanted to talk about earlier. Let’s talk about that, before I head off.”

She’d look at him with tired but focused eyes. Eyes that despite the weight on her at the moment was every bit as sharp as ever.

[10]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Satori smiled softly. “I’ll let her know, and you stay safe as well. I know where you’re talking about--I’ll have someone check on you on occasion, and if you need anything just ask. I don’t mind teaching you on Ijutsu and Fuuinjutsu at all either.” Crossing his legs beneath him, Satori then frowned slightly as she commented that she wanted to know what he was asking about earlier, and after a few moments of contemplation, grunted.

“I suppose there’s no point dragging it out. Eventually, I wanted to ask you about a transplant of one of your organs. Your Uzumaki blood would be the perfect combination with the Ryuutei blood I already have, and would help me in my Ijutsu and Fuuinjutsu tremendously for the clan and village. I can place the organ in stasis and seal it in a scroll for the transplant later--because I’d like you, Midori, and Riku to be the ones performing the surgery on me in the hospital.” As he explained this his fingers intertwined.

“I want to use myself as the implantee, one because I’m selfish, and still want power.” He fully admitted that without hesitation. “But secondly because I don’t want to risk any of you. If my body can withstand it, then there’s a chance all of yours can, and by gaining the powers of the Uzumaki, I’ll be able to perform the surgery on any of you much more effectively as well.” As he explained this he idly trailed his thumb along the back of his opposite hand.

“As well… if I survive it, and Midori is part of that process, it will help her self confidence tremendously--and prove to her its possible. There will still be the psychological walls, and her trauma, but it’ll be one solid step for her to move forward. Without risking you.” As he explained this he then finished with one firm statement.

“I am asking this of you. Not demanding. If you don’t feel comfortable with it, then don’t even think of offering. I never want you to feel as though you owe me this, nor do I wish for you to feel pressured into it.” He didn’t bother commenting that he’d of course regrow whatever organ he took as well. There was no reason to state what she already knew he could do for her.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Miyu knew that the request made wasn’t one she should jump at. Or one to be taken lightly, so she sat down and sat in the full lotus position, closing her eyes she started taking deep measured breaths. Letting herself fully dedicate herself to the matter at hand, and much like what Satori had been teaching her before her kerfuffle, see every part of it as a bigger whole.

She knew that there were risks involved in surgery, and a part of that was organ rejection. If she were to awaken the Blood of the Saint, her blood would gain natural curative properties, and with some training in both Fuuin and ijutsu she could use it’s regenerative and healing powers to greatly help prevent rejection.

Her already formidable chemical knowledge had already made many types of drugs and medicines, some of which could help in that area as well. Boosting the chance of survival, and helping with the skill of the surgeon. Those weren’t the real problems, the real problem would be doing everything to ensure that the organs accepted the transplant.

And unfortunately Cell Activation from what little she knew, was next to useless in performing said transplant. Sure there were other avenues to pursue, but none that she knew at the moment.

She knew a little of surgery herself, but the finer points alluded her, and were gaps in her knowledge that she needed addressing with hands on skill. Something to be added to her training regimine. And not to be taken lightly.

Then there was the reason for it. And it was one she could accept, he was always thinking of how to best serve the clan, to protect others, and to become stronger for the sake of others, as well as himself. And more importantly he was family. But there was one final catch she needed to be sure of.

Still with her eyes closed, and breathing gentle and measured she’d say in a soft and serene voice, ”What is the risk to me personally? Once I know that I can make a final decision.”

[11]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Satori intertwined his fingertips as she considered it all, remaining as patient as ever. When she finally answered him with a question he leaned back and glanced upward in thought.

“Technically, very little,” he replied idly with a frown. “Normally, of course, there's the fact you’re missing an organ. But I can reconstitute that for you.” As he explained this he then settled down into the seat and examined her quietly before continuing.

“But, recall how your body and mind responded to the trauma of losing the arm and severe concussion? The body, no matter how much it’s healed, often suffers after severe physical trauma hits it. There’s a chance that you’ll likely suffer some weakness after the organ is removed and it will likely take quite a bit of time for your body to recover. It probably won’t be a massive weakness. You'll be able to function just fine on a day to day basis and in combat. But for instance, your immune system may be a bit weaker, or perhaps you’ll be a bit less sturdy, something along those lines.” As he explained this he scratched at his chin in thought.

“I’m working on a technique that can transfer life energy into healing using yang chakra properties, as a direct counter to remove that negative effect. But, it isn’t done yet. So I can’t guarantee it’ll work, and if it does, it may be a bit before we can use it on you.” He wanted to stress that fact as his brow lowered slightly, his smile gentle.

“So, to answer you simply, you’ll suffer some minor weakness due to having… probably your liver, removed and regenerated near instantly. That weakness should eventually fade on its own but it may take quite a bit of time, and it may be removed very quickly if one of us creates a solution, but that’s an obvious unknown.” With this settled, Satori then fell silent, and let her be the judge of what came next.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Miyu hummed as she was given the catch. It wasn’t a catch to made lightly either. She’d form a weakness that would take quite a bit of time to heal, if it was able to be healed. She needed to think on that if she were to give a solid answer. While she wanted to say yes, she had learned the hard way of jumping head first into unknowns. But then again there was little risk she wouldn’t do for family.

”I’ll do it, but when I get back and after me and Atlus talk, we work together to make that technique useable. And if it becomes a major handicap, help train me to overcome it.”

She’d open her eyes and give a smile, ”I’d forgotten that Midori had chosen the nickname Atlus, for me to call her, but yes. I’ll let you remove an organ, and I could use a cat to help guide me to the Clan’s storehouse for a canteen of water and some bread and guide me to the spot. So I don’t get lost on the way.

“And … when you talk to Atlus, let her know that I still want to be the one someday to help her carry that weight, she doesn’t need to hold the weight of the world on her shoulders all alone.”

She’d then follow Satori to wherever they needed to go to get the organ out.

[12]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Satori frowned softly as she stated she’d do it so quickly, and drummed his fingertips against the top of the table. Her requests weren’t even that big a deal, he’d do that all for her anyway. Watching her for several long moments, Satori finally sighed. There was no point asking if she was certain, she’d already proven that she was. He wasn’t about to insult her by treating her like a child.

“If you’re certain, then I can only thank you, and promise that of course, I’ll help you in any way I can.” He wouldn’t question her, he could only do what he’d just done and make the next step as painless as possible. Straightening up he grunted as she commented on Midori’s nickname, and snorted.

“How very like her thinking she needs to support the world on her shoulders,” he stated dryly with a sigh, before his eyes softened as she commented on food and water. “I’ll feed you don’t worry. No need to just have bread and water, the surgery won’t require you to have an empty or light stomach. It’ll be over before you know it don’t worry. I’ve patched you up from much worse then a simple organ removal, right?” His smile softened as he straightened before glancing toward the kitchen.

“What would you like?”

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:20 pm

At being asked if she was certain she gave a nod, ”I’m not one to waste time and effort worrying about something. I simply weight all the parts of a problem, look for solutions, and if I think the pros out weight the cons. I go for it with all my might, life’s too short to be wasted on worries. And you’re welcome, there’s very little I wouldn’t do for family, and I trust you when you said you are working on the problem. So the only thing left to do is more forward right?” she’s say with a smirk and confidence.

Which she didn’t mind showing now that she remembered all the times he had got her to open up around him, as well as the fact that he knew the more “stable” her as one to think on all the parts of a problem before moving forward. And the fact that he saw her “Eat a library” as Midori put it. He knew her mind worked at speeds most other humans couldn’t comprehend, with thinking speeds up to 117k words / minute. Faster if she was on her special brand of coffee.

At the offer of food her stomach growled reminding her that she needed to get more food than the light meal she had before she met Shimiko. And the missed dinner that Midori was going to be making before everything went down.

[color]”I was more talking about provisions when I head out to the mountains, but I forgot all about actual food. Ummm … anything would be nice. I’m not really a picky eater, and I kind of missed dinner.”[/color]

[13]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm