Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Challenge-ing Training Spar

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Village : Minor Nation

A Challenge-ing Training Spar Empty A Challenge-ing Training Spar

Post by Ren Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:40 pm

Ren would arrive in the early morning at the doors of the Grand Konoha Training Facility, more than eager to get some training done though at the same time excited to learn new jutsu. His one desire beyond Airi, obtaining more power and becoming stronger. He would do anything to achieve this, even taking lessons from someone like Kimiko. Though he only knew her through the brief interactions and of course the stories of her triumphs, the words of his former Sensei is what decided his feelings towards the woman. Satomi had named her a traitor to the clan and the village, and while everyone else seemed to accept her return now that his sensei was gone, Ren was not so easily convinced that she was who she claimed rather than the lying traitor his sensei said she was. Still, that wouldn't stop him from accepting her offer to teach him new Jutsu, after all one could never have too many options when in combat and if she could actually help him in that regard then he was all for it, even if he was still weary of her.

Truth be told the thought of her using this "training" as a way for an "accident" to eliminate the one person who openly spoke out against her had not escaped his mind, which is why he made it a point to tell Airi the day before as well as make a big show upon his arrival and make sure that the desk clerk knew who he would be training with in case something were to happen. It wasn't that he was scared of Kimiko, in fact he relished at the thought of facing her out right, but considering how easily she eliminated Raijin according to Peragus it was better to keep options open.

Ren would get the largest room the facility had to offer as he was not sure what all they would be training, a wide open room approximately 500 square meters of rolling plains seemed like as good of a choice as any. So there he would wait in quite meditation for Kimiko to arrive, wearing the Battle Kisode and boots of silence Airi had crafted for him as well as his sweetsilk cloak that held all his small items for him. Singing Tempest would be laid across his lap within its sheath, he had yet to use it in combat though he had some practice with it and wondered if this training would required it. Still he would have the blade with him, unable to leave home without it now even if he didn't use it that much.

Class: X
    Renown: 25,500
    Skills: Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Bukijutsu | Kuchiyose | Sensory
    Elements: Katon | Raiton | Suiton | Doton | Fuuton
    Techniques: Here
    Stats: (19/23)
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: A
    Speed: B -> B+ (Lifestyle)
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B (A w/Sharingan)

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

A Challenge-ing Training Spar Empty Re: A Challenge-ing Training Spar

Post by Kimiko Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:40 pm

Kimiko wasn't really dressed like someone who was prepared for combat, at least nothing that would suggest she took it super seriously. She didn't wear her strongest armor, nor did she wield her strongest sword. She left most of her gear besides her FTG kunai and Black Death at home for this spar, choosing to wear her titanium mesh chain shirt under her Konoha Jounin outfit. Black Death was kept sheathed behind her left shoulder. The only other gear she brought with her was a scroll that she'd copied some techniques down on for Ren to learn. Ultimately it would be on him to use them properly to put up a decent fight.

Arriving at the training grounds to see that Ren was waiting for her, Kimiko smiled as she entered the area. Her sensory was active but she had yet to activate her Sharingan. She'd only use that during combat. Keeping her sensory active was more or less passive for her at this point.

As she approached and got within 20 meters, Kimiko tossed the scroll towards Ren without announcing herself. After he got possession of it, she'd sit and wait for him to learn what he needed to.

"Learn what ya can, or what ya want to in preparation, and then let me know when you're ready ta spar."

From there, she'd simply observe. How easy did he learn? Or did he want to just initiate the spar as he was and learn the exclusives later?
    -
    Sensory -0.5
    Stamina: 209.5/210

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:38 pm

This Thread is a FlashBack for Ren

Ren would be surprised when a scroll dropped in his lap without any explanation, looking to Kimiko as she sat before telling him to learn what he could from the scroll. Moving Singing Tempest to sit on the ground, Ren would open the scroll and begin looking over it. His eyes would widen slightly as he realized what it was, but he did his best to try and contain his excitement about it. Scanning over a variety of techniques like the Dustless Bewildering Cover and even the Golem technique as well as others that he knew were Iwagakure's Techniques, Ren wondered where she got such a scroll before, he remembered she had killed Raijin. He wanted to learn the techniques, however at the same time he didn't want to waste chakra. Besides if he was going to beat her, he wanted to do it with his own techniques rather than one she had given to him, he was going to prove that he was capable of beating her on his own. Though before he closed the scroll one technique did catch his eye, this one from Kumogakure. The only reason he knew that was because of the stories about it, but the scroll didn't make much sense to Ren considering it was talking about a seal on the body. Ren would briefly look up to Kimiko as he began closing the scroll to put in his cloak for now. "Kimiko, what can you tell me about the black lightning technique that's in the scroll? I'm interested in it, and I know this will make me sound stupid, but I don't quite understand it. If you could just help me understand that one then we can move on to our spar, I can learn the others later."

Intelligence: B
    Perception: B (A w/Sharingan)

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

Post by Kimiko Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:05 pm

Kimiko rolled up her sleeves, cracking her knuckles.

"Turns ya lightning black, makes it stronger. Pretty sure ya can fully control the lightning ya make with just a thought. I can apply the seal, but only if ya got Raiton."

If he agreed, she'd ask where he wanted the seal to be placed and would fairly quickly apply the seal to him. It was a simple enough concept in reality, and she wondered whether or not she'd be able to utilize something similar herself. Theoretically, she had access to Amaterasu at will, but if she could make a seal that allowed her to use it without activating her sharingan, she could see some niche uses there.

""Wonderful, try it out now. When ya gather chakra for a Raiton technique, simply activate the seal with some chakra and it should work. Wanna try it out a sec, see if it worked?

With her sensory active, she monitored his chakra levels and outputs.

-
    Applied Black Raiton to Ren

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:50 pm

Ren would think to himself as Kimiko explained the working of Black Raiton, he had figured from the name that it had something to do with black lightning, though he had no idea that it could make any of his Raiton attacks black and give them more power. When offered the seal, Ren would waste little time accepting and moving to allow Kimiko to place the seal on the outside of his left shoulder, it was his dominant side and it seemed more likely that it would be easier with the seal on that side for him to channel in the heat of a fight. After the seal was placed and he tried out a simply lightning snake technique releasing the snake as black lightning a smile would form as he felt ready for the spar that was about to ensue. Before he could tell Kimiko that he was ready however a messenger burst into the training area running directly to Ren whispering in his ear before running out just as fast. With a look of defeat on his face Ren would look to Kimiko, "it seems I will have to postpone our spar. My apologies but something I cannot avoid has come up and I must take my leave." With those words Ren would exit the training area, though he didn't get the spar he wanted he did get the Black Raiton seal as well as a few other techniques which he could train later when he had the time.

{Exit Thread}