Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

My Two Cents [Closed Social]

Teuchi Daizou
    Teuchi Daizou

My Two Cents [Closed Social] Empty My Two Cents [Closed Social]

Post by Teuchi Daizou Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 pm

It had been a while since the large man had made his way into Sunagakure, at least a month or so, but that was to be expected. The last time he was in town he had gotten new tools and didn't really need anything from the people. But, of course, he had decided to fight a beast that was too strong for the weapons that he had bought. While he was fine after the conflict, they had been broken into bits and because of that, it was time for him to head back to the village. He would have finally arrived within the village around the mid-afternoon, strolling down the streets of the more rural areas and browsing the smaller shops that existed around the area.

As he walked through the area, he was getting waves and small acknowledgment from the people that he's met over the years. It was hard to miss Athos in a crowd seeing as he stood a towering six feet and seven inches tall with a mess of red hair resting on his head, his longer hairs tied in a ponytail behind his neck. He wasn't expecting any troubles in the village, so he was dressed a bit more casually than normally. He wore a red Hakama with golden decals along the sleeves, with a pair of white gi pants, and black sandals/socks to complete the outfit. His soft amber eyes browsed the area while an aloof expression rested on his face, his mouth rolling the piece of sweetgrass in his mouth from one side to the other. Currently, he approached a fountain with his arms in front of him, hidden by his large sleeves.

My Two Cents [Closed Social] Empty Re: My Two Cents [Closed Social]

Post by Okane Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 pm

It was a fine day to be out and spending time amongst the people. Meandering here and there and checking on his shops. Okane the grand merchant. A man who came from money but had built himself one of the greatest financial outfits known to man to date. The Stag emporium sold absolutely everything. Well everything one could legally sell anyway. It did not busy itself in the medical or skin trade much. No sex workers or slave drivers. If anything it seemed to be a fairly morally upright company. No one seemed to have anything poor to say of the grand merchant and many spoke of his flying wonder. The heavenly Emporium itself. Yes Okane prided himself in being generally loved or at least liked by almost everyone. But what was most important to him was being known. If one was known by all he was remembered by all. All this effort and showmanship was to establish Okane in history as near deity level. To be spoken of for generations. He had even managed to gain a royal princehood status in Iron for his efforts. The land of Samurai even respected him. So he was rather enjoying life and wished to be recognized.

Despite the heat of the desert Okane walked alone in a long black fur coat that seemed to be keeping him cool rather than overheated somehow. His dark hair hung about his shoulders and down his chest with gems and jewelry imbedded into it. Under his fur coat he was wearing a fine black set of robes with silver and gold trimming. With no weapons on his person to speak of save for a cane with a green jewel at the top and a golden dragon coiling halfway down to meet with a rising silver tiger. He used it as a decorative walking tool he clearly had no need for. If one observed him they would watch as Okane would seem to almost glide along instead of walk. He appeared so graceful with porcelain like skin that whenever he moved golden petals would seem to form from him and fall to the ground before fading like dust. He seemed almost mystical in nature despite being an impressive man of science. Still his glowing jade eyes would shift to see one man stranger than the rest. Tall and built like he might strangle a gorilla this red headed fellow seemed to stand like a boulder in the crowd. Clearly interested in some weapons at one of Okanes shops.

Okane would glide closer to him as he shifted. A great many in the crowd would nod to him and some would even bow but mostly everyone around the two seemed to carry on about their business. It was common for Okane to approach a client and it was considered rude to approach him first in most cases. Still when Okane spoke his voice was like a lullaby on the ears. Soft as silk and smooth as milk. Almost mesmerizing to listen to.

"My my you do look the part of the warrior don't you? Tell me what brings you here to my shop my behemoth friend and I will do my best to aid you."

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Teuchi Daizou
    Teuchi Daizou

Post by Teuchi Daizou Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Athos had been deep in thought while standing outside of the window belonging to a decently sized weapon shop. The man's brows would furrow together, with a head tilt to increase the confusion that he had. How long had it been since he was in town? He thought it was only a few months but... Was it years? No, no. That was impossible... Unless... And that was when a voice would break that train of thought and bring the man back to reality. The large male would blink a few times before his gaze would fall onto the figure that stood next to him. His hands stayed hidden in his sleeves in front of him, holding onto the other's forearm gently. His soft gaze would rest on the man's features a few times before he'd speak, "So you own this shop now, huh. What happened to the old place?" He had come to the old shop that was here a few times when he was younger but the shop owner had been old...What happened?

Regardless, he had shrugged off the part about being a warrior and decided not to address it. With a casual shrug of his shoulder, after waiting for Okane's answer about previous owner, he'd answer his question,
    "I'm looking for more tools to help me out in the desert, get some new weapons. See if anyone needs help." At that moment there was a loud grumbling noise that would come from his stomach, like a beast preparing to pounce, "Oh, and definitely, some kickass grub before I leave. Is there anything in this shop worth using?"

Post by Okane Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:25 pm

Okane would smile as he asked about the old man before his eyes would shift to the shop and look at their own reflection in the window. He was fond of this shop and it showed in his soft smile. He would speak up once more in reply. "The old man if well. He was struggling financially so I stepped in. He runs this shop with an apprentice now as an employee of mine." Of course Okane wasn't interested in displacing people. Especially not ones with talent and an existing clientele. It was simply more profitable to put his brand on it and ensure it was quality work. The old man of course wasn't Okanes equal but he made superior gear all the same. A valuable man. Of course Okane liked that in people. Value of skill over value of character. Still the man would mention needing new tools and a good meal. Of course Okane would chuckle as he resisted laughing at the question. This one had lived under a rock somewhere not to recognize Okane on these streets. It was almost odd not having someone sing his praises but instead question his work. Amusing enough that it reflected humor in his voice.

"My dear giant I assure you anything the Stag emporium provides is of the highest quality. I do apologize if my amusement comes across as rude but it is so rare these days for me to come across someone who doesn't immediately recognize me. I should introduce myself of course. My name is Tomi Okane and I am often referred to as the grand merchant. Almost every non shinobi in Suna is employed by me in some form or another if they seek employment. You say you are looking for work my good man? Well then perhaps we should share a meal and discuss business. I am sure someone of your stature is highly capable. Do come along with me won't you? To Stag tower of course."

With that Okane would pat him on the arm. Barely enough to be felt as he wasn't by any means particularly strong. Yet when he turned to lead the way it was with such grace, he may as well have been floating. Golden flower petals seeming to shower off of him and fade away before touching the ground. If one didn't know he was but a man they might assume he was a being straight from some myth. Of course Stag tower wasn't hard to spot even from where they were. A huge tower touching the skies in the center of Sunagakure. With the symbol of the Stag on top of it all for all to see. A magnificent skyscraper and the center of industry for the entire village.

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Teuchi Daizou
    Teuchi Daizou

Post by Teuchi Daizou Mon May 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Teuchi watched the smaller man through a curious gaze, listening to his words and giving an approving nod. He was relieved to hear that the man was still working there but under new employment,"That old man is pretty much the only person I've bought weapons from, I would've been more than disappointed to hear you ran him out of business. Glad to see you have an eye for talent." Of course, Teuchi was completely unaware of how ironic that statement was. As Tomi Okane introduced himself as one of the most successful businessmen in the village, the large redhead let out an audible sigh. It was in that moment that he knew he wasn't going to get out of this interaction without hearing some kind of pitch. But it also sounded like he could get a free meal out of it, so why not hear the guy out?

"Well Tomi, you can call me Daizo, though don't try and look me up. The only people who know me are the citizens of this village. I'll say this first and foremost, I don't get involved with Shinobi. I have yet to meet one that doesn't have a second, and then third, type of agenda." He didn't speak with malice, actually keeping his casual and relaxed tone as they walked together. He spoke like facts left his mouth because, at least for him, that had proven true time and time again.

Despite the seemingly magical way that the man seemed to move while taking the lead, Teuchi would follow with no hesitation and that same casualness. His eyes scanned the skyline as it came to land on the giant tower that belonged to the same Corporation that owned his favorite smithy; the same company owned by the person he was currently following. Just what was Teuchi getting himself into?

Post by Okane Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Okane would smile as they walked or rather he glided along. Soon the smell of fresh water and construction filled the air. People were hard at work at what appeared to be a massive undertaking and there were fresh water rivers and greenhouses everywhere as they walked. People were laughing and playing in the water and even the construction workers were smiling and talking to each other. Food seemed plentiful and everywhere they went people would either call out to Okane or bow to him in respect. He would offer a wave here and there but mostly continued their walk along the sidewalk next to a river running the length of the village. It appeared that in the time since this ones last visit a huge amount of change had happened. And this man was the source of it all. Okane Tsumi was considered this generation's greatest merchant by a great many people. His dreams of success having come true and now he was sharing them with his home country. His father and his smaller company now barely a foot note to his family name. Perhaps it was partially out of spite for his father he did all of this. Regardless people were benefiting from it.

Still the walk was lengthy and Okane would chuckle a little about the comment with Shinobi. Speaking in a voice as smooth as silk that rang in the ears like a lullaby. "Ahh well I can't say I am not without my own motives and reasons. A man in my position has something to lose or gain with every move he makes. I don't want you under the illusion I am some altruistic individual. All of it like moves on a chess board with me as the king. That said I have work for you that should suit your physical capabilities. I can even invite a medic along. In return I will give you a valuable gift. Tell me, have you ever heard of Tetsudashi steel?" The man was a loner and knew very little about the world if he didn't know of Okane. Still it would be rude to make assumptions. Either way the tower was nearing them now. People nearby here were clearly a little more high class and many of them were in stag uniforms. Black with gold trim. Business of all sorts selling from the tower as a center focus point. Still Okane would stop outside the stairs leading up to the front door and glance over his shoulder. Amused glowing green eyes taking in the giant once more.

Stats:

Teuchi Daizou
    Teuchi Daizou

Post by Teuchi Daizou Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:48 pm

As the large man decided to follow alongside Okane, the scenery seemed to change from what he was used to seeing in the village and soon there was rivers that seemed to be man-made, as well as fresh construction that was going on. There was no denying that it was an incredible thing to see happening considering the desert's infamy with being... Well, dry and hot. As they walked through the streets, people would wave. or bow to Okane and seeing this would have started to create a bad taste in Teuchi's mouth. Anyone with eyes could tell that Okane was partly, if not completely, responsible for these changes and that he took pride in them. But it seemed much more than just normal pride...

And it became apparent why it rubbed him the wrong way once he opened his mouth, talking about how he was the king and everyone else were just pieces to be moved along.To Teuchi it quickly became obvious that the man hadn't been doing this to help out the others but just to further his own goals, his own wealth, and his own power. He listened to Okane's small speech and was far from impressed, the casual look that had been on his face previously was still there but underneath it, he was as stone-faced as he could be. He wasn't going to be made another person's tool, especially someone who thinks and act like Shinobi do but claims to be a civilian. There were several things about Okane that raised some red flags,
    "No, I haven't heard of it." And that was all he would do to verbally respond to the man, keeping his arms crossed in front of him and hidden from view.

The large man would stand there behind Okane at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for him to continue taking him inside, as well as his business proposition.

Post by Okane Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:06 am

Okane would glance to the giant man a moment as his expression and tone changed suddenly. He would refrain from sighing as they moved to cross a stone bridge and Okane would stop in the center. The water trickling underneath brightly glistening under the sun. Casting a glow on those nearby. Some were washing clothes downstream and others were collecting water upstream for those who needed a drink. They had quickly adapted and worked together and where before there were tired faces and mistrust there were smiles and laughter. They were thriving under his designs and he rather enjoyed it. Still he would place his hands on the high stone edges. Just tall enough for a child to peak over but harder to climb over. Leaning over it he would take a deep breath and marvel at the sight a moment with a simple hum of happiness. Finally he would rise to refrain from leaning any further and adjust his coat collar to straighten it out. With that he would turn and smile to the massive man a moment before speaking up in return. A smile on his face but those intelligent green eyes studying the man.

"You seem displeased. The job I am offering you for now will be a one time thing. You wouldn't be serving me further unless you sought employment from me. Even then you wouldn't be asked to break any of Sunas laws. Those in leadership here trust me to do as I please because all it has done is benefit its people. I'm sure you had a desire to protect people at some point? One doesn't seek weapons and power without having some goal in mind. It just so happens that often those goals are personal and not for the well being of others. Look around you though. These people who were struggling to find their next meal....dying of thirst and fighting over a drop of water...look at them smiling with full bellies. I have my own personal goals but they benefit those around me...otherwise no one would love me when I am gone."

Okane would smile once more before nodding towards the tower. Heading back to the steps the way they had come Okane would walk through the doors a moment as the employees greeted him. He would nod to them in turn and acknowledge them but eventually they would head through the crowd there. Customers and employees alike moving back and forth. Eventually getting into a private elevator. Okane would wait for the giant there and if he got in Okane would press the button for the top floor. The penthouse where he lived. The elevator shifting before rising up steadily and smoothly. Once it was moving he would begin to speak again. Holding out his hand as a gold lined black cube of metal would form out of his palm.

"Tetsudashi steel is a bloodline commonly found in Iwa. I happen to share that bloodline. Its a stronger metal than normal steel and I can shape it and make it permanent as far as weapons and structures go. Clear the dungeon with the party I am assembling as far as you can manage and I will make you a new Tetsudashi steel weapon for every five levels cleared. Or you can choose to become employed by the Stag Emporium and be paid a handsome amount monthly. In the end my good sir it comes down to choice. Can you live with what I do with this country? The eccentricity that is me? Of course you can quit at any time if you find our methods dip into the more savage ways."

Stats:

Teuchi Daizou
    Teuchi Daizou

Post by Teuchi Daizou Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:29 pm

Teuchi had taken a more reserved and calm demeanor as Okane had taken the time to admire his workers, as well as his own effects on the village around them. The large man kept quiet this time before the man who seemed to be made of elegance finally began to continue his pitch. As Okane spoke, he mostly spoke true, even going as far to mention how he wanted to protect people. The weapons were to make his life out in the desert easier, yes, but they were also in large part so that he could complete missions for the poorer and oft-forgotten people of the village. There was something that Okane said that caused Teuchi to raise his brow in response, this being the fact that the merchant seemed worried about people loving him even after he left this mortal plane. What an interesting concept, he would ponder to himself what could bring a man who has everything to have that thought process.

As they entered in the building to see what was inside, watching as the people who worked here happily greeted their boss. They made their way to a metal box that the man had never seen before; not trusting it immediately. Teuchi wanted to stop and examine the elevator... But he did NOT, despite the butterflies in his stomach. Without wasting a single moment of his own time, he would continue onto the elevator and turn to stand next to Okane. He wouldn't show any weakness or unsureness in front of this man, not if he could help it. As he explained what the mission was going to be, what the steel was and why it was valuable, things became a bit more clear. Clearing a Dungeon wasn't easy, which explained why the merchant wanted someone of his size and was willing to spare no expense.

"It's the fact that the people who run this village trust you, that makes me not trust you, Tomi." It was the same people in charge of the village that let it fall into dismay, the same people that focused on their shinobi over their people. The redhead would give a shake of his head to clear those thoughts out of his mind, doing his best to keep himself unbiased and calm, "Before I say anything else, there are two things I want to ask... The first thing," He would say while moving to raise a finger up, "Will this help the people in the village? Or just another ploy for the village to grab more power?" He'd wait a second to let the question sit in the air before raising another finger, "And if I said yes; what type of compensation will I get before going into the Dungeon beforehand? The rewards sound amazing, don't get me wrong. But if I die in there, I've risked my life for nothing." And with that he would wait for his answers, arms moving to casually cross over his chest while he waited in the moving elevator.

Post by Okane Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Okane would glance to the large man next to him as he spoke with a frown for a moment before he would hear the elevator ding. The doors would slide open revealing a waiting room with chairs on either side and an oil painting of Okane above the one door on the other side. Next to the door was a single desk with an assistant working on a phone and a computer. They would smile to the two of them but get back to work as they had a lot on their plate. There was a great deal of work being done and payment going out to workers and organization for supplies needed here and there. Still Okane would shake his head and step out of the elevator. Talking as he walked towards the door. "You have been gone for some time. The village is under new management working with me directly. Our focus is improving the lives of the people over anything else. However one can not achieve greatness without others craving it. So our focus is also on protecting what we create." He would finish it with a smile as they reached the door. Placing his hand upon it the door would reveal a seal before opening and the seal fading away.

Okane would step inside and allow Tuechi to follow if he wished. The office itself was expansive. A crackling fireplace with a glass front and gold gilded grill would cast off a perfumed scent on the wood while giving a warmth to the massive office. There was a white leather couch opposite it on the other side of a large glass table with black metal decorated in metal flowers and vines. A white leather loveseat on either its left and its right. All settled upon a large white polar bear fur rug. Tall windows nearly transparent would stretch all the way around the office to the view outside making this appear as if one may literally be in heaven. A step up on hardwood polished floors would reveal a long walk on a red carpet to a redwood desk covered in designs carved into it of a battlefield. Next to it was a cabinet with several bottles of assorted liquor, ice and cups. Two chairs would sit on this side of the desk and one large red leather chair behind it. Okane would approach one of the tall windows and fold his hands behind his back before speaking while looking at the city below.

"I am not in the habit of paying for a service before its rendered. The dungeon will be televised for entertainment purposes but I need a team to go through it first to show how dangerous it can be. Weed out the hopefuls and all. Only the capable should enter these places. I have a medic already but will be seeking out one or two more capable fighters like yourself. With that said...if you wish to earn something now...I can put you on the payroll as security. It's very lucrative and you would be protecting the civilians as needed within the shipping lanes around Suna and the village itself. Oh and I would be tagging along as well."

Stats:

Teuchi Daizou
    Teuchi Daizou

Post by Teuchi Daizou Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Teuchi took in the scene before him as they entered into the lobby before his office and slowly raised a brow, his eyes immediately being drawn to the image of Okane that was plastered on the wall. He'd turn his head casually towards the man and make a small comment of, "And I'm not supposed to believe this isn't all about you?" But even with that comment, he'd follow along with the man as they walked towards the door and he seemed to unseal it, so they could enter. He'd listen to Okane as he spoke and while he was untrusting, he was completely stubborn, "I may have been gone for a while, but the people still need my help. So as far as I'm concerned, if you're changing things, it hasn't been enough yet." He wasn't hostile in his tone or stance, examining the room as they entered, taking in all the details quickly. His words were a bit harsh, there was no denying it, but that was how he saw things currently.

As Okane finished speaking about payment and the dungeon, there was a noise that left Teuchi's lips as he came to stand next to the man. The view of the village from up here was beautiful, being able to see the desert even from here and the way it had taken the shape of unmoving waves. The sound, though, was a sincere bellowing laugh that came from his gut. He'd shake his head,
    "So let me understand you, Tomi. You tell me that this is going to be on television, you say that I'm essentially going to be waving your banner, and when I say I need something as compensation... You offer me a job?" Teuchi would shake his head while grinning, purely at the man's audacity, "I can help people without being one of your lackies. I have been since I was a boy. You've also misread me, I think, Tomi."

He had regained himself since laughing and, while he was more relaxed than he was before, he stood his ground, "Money doesn't really matter to me. But if I work for you, how am I different from a Shinobi? Someone will tell me what to do, I will have to listen and eventually, you'll try to have me do something I don't want to. Or I won't follow your 'protocols' but at that point, you'd have me nice and addicted to a heavy income." He'd shrug his shoulders a bit, "I understand that to you, you may be thinking you offered me the deal of a lifetime but from my point of view, someone I don't trust or even know told me a bunch of things and expects me to just believe it. And go with his plans, with zero reassurance or proof."

He'd turn his view from the window and look over at Okane, raising a brow, "I may be a brute but I'm not unreasonable. I'm sure you're smart enough to understand what I'm getting at."

Post by Okane Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:06 pm

Okane would let his smile slip as the big man made yet another jest. He wasn't being difficult as far as he could tell but this man seemed to have something against him. Why shouldn't he celebrate the results of his own efforts. Still Okane would take a breath and walk through the door all the same. Choosing not to respond to the man. Still when presented with the view from Okanes office the man laughed at it. Laughed at his offer and his creation. The man thought all Okane had accomplished was just a rich boy flaunting himself at the expense of others. Green eyes would narrow as Okane would turn away from him. Gliding over to his desk a moment before settling into his seat. Idly he would rustle through one of the drawers on his desk before pulling out a silver square box with a stag symbol on it. He would click it as it popped open before pulling out a cigarette. Placing it between his lips he would take a lighter to it. The end of it burning a bright red and a sweet smell filling the air. He would let out a smoke ring a moment before the man continued.

The man would inform Okane that money meant nothing to him and he wouldn't serve a master. Those weren't his words exactly but that was how Okane saw it boiling down to. His green eyes would take on a rather bored expression as the man insinuated that Okane was smart enough to know what he was getting at. The first sign of flattery and even that felt like a jab at his person at this point. He would remain quiet a moment as he considered if his own temper was getting in the way of the meeting. This man was arrogant and thought himself holier than those around him for some reason. Okane could understand those feelings in some regard. However this man had not accomplished nearly the scale that Okane had and still he laughed at it. So Okane could smile as he took another drag of his smoke. The only sound was that of the ember burning before he replied with a cold but dangerous tone.

"No proof? Is that so. So let me see if I understand this my dear man. The equipment I offered to personally make you doesn't interest you....money doesn't interest you. The improved lives of every citizen in this village...never having to feel thirst or hunger as everything is simply provided for them in return for helping build it. Is not proof enough for you that I intend good things for these people. You fail to see life has improved here because that isn't what you look for. You see only the next fight coming your way because there always is one. There is no such thing as a place or time where warriors will not be needed. No I don't see what you are getting at because as far as I can tell you are only interested in insulting me. So speak clearly about what you want in return for a simple task that I too would be walking into. One I already hired a med nin for to ensure a higher rate of success....Or get out of my office. Because I won't tolerate your fool tongue all day."

exit thread 60 exp

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 pm