Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin

Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin Empty The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:24 am

Kai stood before the entrance to the basement area of a home. He looked down at the flyer and confirmed that he was indeed at the correct location. Well, if this was the place then this was the place. The man would nod his head in satisfaction before stepping over to the entrance and beginning his trek inside. The stairwell was well lit and warm, potentially from the heat of the forge. Or, more likely, the simple fact that they all lived in a fucking desert. His dark blonde hair stood up in spikes swept back with the exception of some that framed his angular face to one side. Yellow eyes surveyed the area and took in the location. It was a cozy place, and he would politely knock on a nearby wall to announce his presence.

"Hello? My name is Kai Aglaris, I'm here to purchase a glaive?" He would say, ask really. If the man didn't have one he'd have to go elsewhere after all. "I hope I'm not intruding, I'm not sure when you stop seeing customers for the day." He would follow, a bit nervous at the late hour of the evening. He wore his casual clothing, a simple black undershirt with red fabric worn over it. Tan cargo pants were worn to ensure he didn't overeat by wearing too many dark clothes in the Sunagakure weather and black combat boots rounded out the man's apparel.

He had graduated from his testing not long ago, being deemed worthy to be a genin of the village. He had been assigned a Jounin Sensei, and he'd have to meet the man soon. He wanted a fresh weapon for the occasion as his old glaive was too well worn to be used. It was merely decoration now. So he hoped the man would be able to assist him.
    Okane
    Okane

The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin Empty Re: The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin

Post by Okane Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:17 am

Okane was below in the cellar. The doors were open because for one it was a vent for the heat. Far enough away that it wouldn't really effect the heat of the metals but close enough it kept part of the room cooler. With the setting sun though he was going to need to close it soon before the temperature dropped dramatically. For now he had reached a stage once more with his metals where he could relax for the time being. The Wakizashi was setting in its mold and would soon need to be fitted into a hilt. The rough edged grinded down and sharpened. The armor pieces were still heating up to be poured into their molds respectively. However he had accomplished his first heavy weapon. It was polished and painted and currently hanging up on its own rack on the wall. It was front heavy even with the weight he added to the other end but it was serving its purpose. The sharpened end glistening more so than any common craftsmen could have done. He was proud of his work but he also knew he could do better. Theories for a new type of metal on paper were scattered on a table nearby. Code named midnight.

Okane himself was laying on a red leather couch in a corner closer to the cellar doors. A white towel had been soaked in ice water and he now had it wrapped around his head to ease a head ache. Hammering away for hours had a cost. Still he was only lightly napping as he had sold almost all of his goods earlier that same day. However he was roused at the sound of an introduction and happily enough someone looking for the only thing he had in stock. Okane would smile about his luck and rise quickly from the couch. Tossing the towel to the side as he straightened his jet black hair back and smiled. He was selling these things as fast as he could craft them. Still he would appear at the bottom of the stairs. For now he was wearing a loose white button up shirt with the top three buttons undone and the wrists undone as well. Still it was tucked into welders pants held up by a belt with a silver buckle. Steel toed boots covered his feet for protection from any mishaps. Still Okane would bow as he looked to the spiky haired boy.

"Welcome" He would exclaim with a voice like silk on the ears. Those Jade eyes watching the boy. Almost glowing in the dim light. "Please come down into my shop. I am Tomi Okane, from the south near the ocean. A small village there where my family runs an investment company. I myself was educated in the fine arts of crafting, allow me to offer you a beverage. I think you will find lady luck is with you today as I have just finished such a thing as what you seek mere hours ago."

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin Empty Re: The Grand Merchant, and The Unknown Genin

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:37 am

The mans voice was smooth as velvet as he appeared before Kai. He was dressed to work, hit shirt unbuttoned to allow him to not overheat, steel toed boots, and welding pants. He must've been taking a break, to which Kai couldn't argue against. Smithing would be a miserable line of work in his eyes. All that heat all focused into one area, steam from the treatment, it must be miserable. The man had a kind and courteous demeanor though and welcomed in with jade eyes that glinted with the hope of profit and the promise of a happy customer. The offer of a beverage was welcome but Kai felt somewhat bad accepting. This man worked in an incredibly hot forge all day, and yet was willing to offer him, someone who had merely walked around in a desert, not just worked in a forge located in one, a drink? It was a very kind offer and spoke well of the man's customer service skills. However Kai couldn't accept unless he knew the man was at least hydrated as well.

" Good evening, as I said before, I am Kai Aglaris. I was born here in this village and have never left it. As odd as it may sound though Mr. Okane, I would accept your offer of a beverage, but I would do so with the hope that you would get one as well? I can't imagine how hot it must be down here and I'd hate for your kind manners, and business sense to cause you any discomfort. I'm pleased to hear that you have the very item I'm wishing to purchase. May I perhaps see it? Test how it feels? We can step outside if that would make you more comfortable with that idea." He would say, his own yellow eyes bright with mixed excitement and glee at the thought as getting to try a new weapon.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Coordination: D
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: D

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:03 pm

Okane would chuckle warmly. His eyes studying the boy idly. Good muscle tone. A sturdy way of holding himself. Likely a soldier or a lower ranked shinobi. He didn't yet carry that oppressive feeling power with him. Or he was choosing to conceal it. It didn't really matter since he was going to help this young man on his journey. Okane's weapons and gear would be the jealousy of the world. His name would soon be spoken openly the world round and he was going to make this village the center of his success. He would turn this desert, dirty, poor village and make it stand above all others. It would just take a little time and patience. He would smile as the young man insisted that the smith take a drink as well. He didn't mind but manners were instilled in this one. Surprising. He might of thought this one to have a bit more of a thuggish demeanor. Still Okane would nod and move from in front of the steps to the fridge on the opposite side of the room from the forge. When he opened it a small amount of mist burst forth. Quietly he would collect two ninjarades.

Quietly he would close the fridge with his elbow before tossing the one bottle to the guest. If he was a physical type then catching it would be second nature. If not then he was likely to hurt himself with the weapon. Still if he caught it that was good enough for Okane. "That piece is hanging on the wall to your left. Go ahead and pick it up. I warn you though, its heavy enough that wielding it for too long may exhaust you. Do you have any experience with a pole weapon before now Mr. Aglaris of the village of Suna?" He would smile and sip from his drink. It was cold to the point of almost beginning to freeze. A hint of blueberry in the taste but ultimately it was refreshing. He would wait and watch for now. Waiting to see how the boy handled the weapon. There was plenty of open space to test it. Though Okane wanted him to feel the quality of it and want it before he brought up the price. It was well below the average market price but there were still hagglers. Not that he would sell it for less than its worth in weight.

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Catching the bottle of the delicious electrolyte recharging beverage he would spin it around in his hand before twisting off the cap and taking a good long pull. A hint of grape could be tasted and the ice cold beverage was delicious. The man would warn him of the weight of the weapon and Kai would nod before striding forward and lifting it off the wall with both hands. Even if you were good with such weapons, being stupid would cut you cut. The weapon was a tad bit heavier than he normally preferred but he could easily get used to it. He'd been meaning to increase his strength anyway, so this would be a solid weapon for him for a while. He moved to the center of the space and looking around to judge his distance from everything. He wanted to make sure he didn't break anything. Nodding in satisfaction he would take the weapon and begin to spin it over it fingers, to get a feel for it. The motion was well practiced and he sped up slowly as his fingers got used to the weight he was putting on them. With a swift snap of his wrist he'd grasp the shaft of the weapon and move into a stationary combination that involved him holding the weapon as he spun and brought it down upon an invisible target.

Afterwards he would shoot back up and spin the weapon around himself, transferring hands easily while maintaining his control. His coordination was more than good enough to handle this weapon and he was pleased to see it. It meant he'd progressed again and he was getting better, faster, stronger. He couldn't wait to begin trying his own personal style with it. However it involved too much movement to do it down there. So with a contented look upon his features he would stop and hold the glaive in his hands already feeling like it was a part of himself. "It's wonderful, how much for it my good sir? Also, do you take custom orders?" He would ask, his face brightening. Upgrades were always welcome and if the man was this good now, who knows how good he could be with time?

Stats:

Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Okane would watch as he crossed his arms. Only one lifting to sip from his drink as his jade eyes observed the performance. Capable was the word he would use. Not imposing by any means but there would be growth. There was always growth. Besides he was only just now getting a feel for the weapon. He would lift the drink to his lips for another swig. He could use someone capable and young. Naive even if he was so lucky. The inquiry about customs was one he actually chuckled at. Moving over to collect a cloth sheath for the weapon. Slipping it over the blade and tightening the purple back with a golden colored cord. Packaged and ready. Ten pounds of steel and even for him it took a full twenty four hours. He would smile and speak. His voice calm and luring. "For you, I will give a discount. Just above the cost of materials my friend. Lets say, two thousand ryo." Of course that price was incredibly cheap. He would be spending three times that at another shop for a lower quality item. It was almost a steal. Still Okane would pat him on the shoulder. A practiced friendly touch. Used to encourage a sense of familiarity.

Of course Okane was using trained tactics for an educated salesman. Tactics that were meant to allow a customer to feel more than just welcome but also friendly. He hadn't used those on the last man but this one was less potent. Less threatening and more comfortable to talk to. A simple pat here, an offered drink, Using their family name with a title like Mister. It gave off an easy sense of camaraderie between two people who had just met. Used to lure people into easily believing Okane could be trusted. Not that he couldn't but he preferred to make it happen quickly. He would speak again as he seemed to admire his shop standing next to the man.

"As for custom orders, I will be. This is just the beginning actually. I intend to take the market by storm you see. I will see this small village thrive in due time. My work will be the height of current weapons technology and much more than weapons, I will bring this village into a state no one in the desert could imagine. I can't do it alone though Mr. Aglaris. Even now the desperate consider robbing me and preventing me from accomplishing a better world for them. No doubt a warrior like you has seen what the desperate are capable of. No?"

Stats:

Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:02 pm

A broad grin would appear upon the mans face as he heard the price the merchant quoted him. Two thousand ryo? A D rank mission paid five times that. If he could get similar quality gear for that kind of price, why would ever shop anywhere else. A pat on the shoulder, unwarranted and oft times dangerous to do with a shinobi who were normally extremely on edge about such things such as physical contact. However Kai wouldn't make issue of it. The man had just given him an incredible deal after all. The man sheathed the weapon in a cloth sheath, and Kai already wanted to make use of the weapon once more.

His news on custom orders would pique Kai's curiosity however, and the the glaive user would nod at the man's question. "Of course, this village, no, this whole country has seen it's fair share of desperation. I've seen robbers, thieves, and brigands abound. I've lived here all my life, and the desert is a rough place to live. It doesn't hold back, and if one intends to survive here, then they would need to be smart, and cunning." He would say, answering the mans question before sucking on his teeth in thought. "Of course, as a civilian within the village, you'd always have my protection sir, to the best of my abilities. Even at the cost of my own life if need be. That includes your business arrangements too. Although if it came between the two I'd always choose to preserve your life of course." He would say, a shrug at the last. Arrangements could be remade, put on hold, or dropped. The loss of ones life tended to make things rather..permanent however.

"Is there anything else I might assist you with in this regard Mr. Tomi?" He would ask as he reached for his coin pouch and withdrew 2,000 ryo from it and held it for the man. He held the amount against his palm by carefully holding his hand at a specific angle to wedge the coins within his palm. To take them, they would have to shake on it. Kai was giving an offer or assistance if needed. Okane would need only ask, and Kai would do it utmost to deliver.

Stats:

Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:43 pm

Of course this was just wonderful. He had been edging towards asking for some one to watch his back. Figuring he would need to barter some further. He hadn't considered a sense of honor bound duty. He was just a civilian under this ones protection after all. He was careful not to allow a mischievous smile to paint his lips. He could enjoy that sense of comfort later. Okane wasn't an evil man after all. He simply wanted his name to be known through out the continent and further. Not just for his crafts but for the power he might gain through alliances and the good he would do. Influence was its own reward. Even now he felt he had achieved something with this Kai fellow. Instead he would take the outstretched hand with his opposing hand. His free hand tapping the outside in a two handed hand shake of sorts. Of course something Kai might notice is he wouldn't even feel the coins being taken. Okane was so graceful that the distraction of the second hand allowed him to sleight the coins away. After all it was a transaction so the coin was Okane's and the weapon belonged now to Kai.

"Ahh you comfort a simple man. Please, enjoy your day and your drink. Before you leave though do write down your name and where to reach you on the notepad by the door. I will contact you when my masterpieces begin. I assure you, you will be impressed. I warn you though the expense will be much greater, but I assure you the quality will beat anything else you will likely ever find."

Okane would bow his head and slip the coins into his own back pocket mid bow so the hand behind his back simply appeared normal. His expenses were paid now. He wanted to convince this fellow to perhaps live near his soon to be shop but he would wait until he had a base of operations fully constructed before making empty offers. There was also no need to push his luck for now. Instead he would wait until the boy left and then close the doors for the night. Latching the lock in place before turning back to his current work with renewed vigor.

exit thread

Stats:

Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:46 pm

Kai would note that he couldn't feel the moment the coins were taken from his hand. 'Interesting.' He would think as the merchant seamlessly put them in a pocket. Kai would smile and nod at the man as he took the glaive and set it over one shoulder. "I can't wait to see your works with the custom orders and look forward to seeing them in the near future Mr. Tomi. Thank you for the drink, and more importantly, thank you for the glaive and grand treatment you have shown me. I'll get out of your hair though, I want to take this beauty to the nearest training ground and start practicing with moves that require more room to maneuver." He would say, smiling as he did. He would then set the glaive within the crook of his arm and his shoulder to unscrew the cap to his drink again before taking another swallow.

As he passed the notepad by the door he'd leave his name address on it before turning back to Okane. "It's been a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Tomi, I wish you riches aplenty good sir. Good day." He would say before walking up the steps, careful to make sure the glaive didn't catch onto the ceiling. He was going to be busy over the next few days with practicing with the glaive and making sure he had it's weight down with his movements.

He couldn't wait to get started.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am