Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu)

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu) Empty Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu)

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:45 am

Spoiler:

The brisk dawn of Kirigakure’s day greeted Calis as he waited outside of the Academy for his mission partner. He had met and worked with Chigetsu before, and while they had started off on the wrong foot during the course of their last mission they had seemed to be able to get along. The lunch after had been good too. Calis had kept busy the following few days before he was told he’d been assigned a new mission, and with Chigetsu again. He expected this time they wouldn’t have the awkward beginning, granted that had been Calis teaching Chigetsu a lesson in awareness while on a mission, it had made the rest awkward. So the tall, dark haired man found himself waiting, warily mind you, for his partner in front of the Academy.

They were to play Hide and Seek with a class of students today. Said students were allowed to hide anywhere they wanted on Academy grounds and the use of their skills was not only allowed, but encouraged. Calis and Chigetsu’s role was to find them, and then give them pointers on how to hide better. To allow them to remain undetected while out there performing missions that required stealth, or just to hide from any enemy in general. The day had been set aside for it, so there was plenty of time and with fifteen students to find, Calis felt like they would need it.

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu) Empty Re: Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu)

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 am

Having to wake up so early for such menial work was a lifestyle that Chigetsu had still not yet gotten used to. It was honestly pretty annoying, but the fact that it paid pretty well was enough to force him out of bed and to the academy around dawn, a very much earlier than he would have normally woken up. If it was up to him, Chigetsu was the sort that would sleep until noon. Although he wasn’t quite as punctual or serious about this entire thing as Calis still, Chigetsu at least arrived around the general time that he was supposed to, arriving at the academy while finishing off the last of the water in a plastic bottle. It was only a minute or two after he was supposed to be there, but a minute or so wasn’t really a big deal. Hopefully Calis wouldn’t notice, or else Chigetsu was sure he’d be getting an earful. The emptied bottle would be tossed in a nearby garbage tin, the bottle rebounding off the rim twice before settling inside. Following that hydration, Chigetsu would approach to greet his partner in full.

“Good morning!” He would call out to the other before being captured in a yawn. That Chigetsu was still drowsy was probably obvious. As their hair was still somewhat damp it seemed clear that they had only just recently gotten out of the shower, and perhaps exposing the fact that they only woke up about ten minutes ago. Wiping a bit at his eyes following that yawn, Chigetsu would take a glance up at the taller male. Given the massive height difference Chigetsu had to crane his neck upwards just to be able to look Calis in the eyes, which was honestly a little annoying but there was no remedying that. “You look nice… Are you used to getting up this early? And what shampoo do you use? Your hair looks so silky...”

The haze of sleepiness was still swirling around in Chigetsu’s head, and after a few moments of dopily staring up at the handsome man, it would dawn on the boy that he could barely remember the contents of the mission that they were supposed to be on. “Oh yeah, I got distracted… What was the mission again? I can’t remember now...” He would ask rather shamelessly, blinking a bit as he realized that he had forgotten.

Character File

Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu) Empty Re: Hide and Seek and Awkwardness Abound (Chigetsu)

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:50 am

The cheerful call of good morning would greet Calis' ears as he waited for his partner to arrive and the taller male would turn toward him, giving him a small smile as he did. "Good morning Chigetsu, and thank you. Yes I'm used to waking up at all hours if necessary. I can do with very little sleep or even none if the mission calls for it. In regards to shampoo, I just use the simple generic stuff. I just take care to brush it before bed and after waking up, and taking care of it." He would say, unsure if the question about his shampoo was a joke or not.

After a few moments, light would seem to come into Chigetsu's eyes as his mind finally caught up with the rest of the world. His partners confusion as to the mission they were doing was a little exasperating but Calis could deal with that. It was a far cry from the worst aspect of a persons personality. "We're to help a class of students practice hiding. Basically, it boils down to playing hide and seek. They'll hide and we'll seek them and when we find them we give each one pointers on how to hide better. There's 15 students to find. We're just waiting for the teacher to come check in with us now. The kids are allowed to hide anywhere in the school." He would say, finishing his explanation.

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:50 am

It had dawned on Chigetsu after saying it that asking about Calis’s hair and choice of shampoo was actually kind of strange, and actually pretty embarrassing. It was something that just came to mind suddenly as he noticed the other boy’s face, and without thinking in his sleepy haze blurted it out. The realization brought a bit of color to his cheeks. Even though he was beginning to get to know Calis a bit better, it was probably a little bit inappropriate to start asking about shampoo and hygiene. Still, Calis would seem to take it in stride rather than highlighting it or making it weird, so perhaps Chigetsu got away scot free with asking it.

Still, with the gears in his brain actually turning now, or at least turning a little bit, he would listen and take in the explanation that Calis was giving regarding the students and the contents of their mission. “We’re… playing hide and seek with a bunch of kids?” Again, it would take a moment or two for the gears to spin around in his head before understanding reached him. “That’s… That sounds pretty dumb. Why are they paying us to do this?” Chigetsu so casually poopooing the contents of the mission probably wouldn’t go over well, but conceptually he had to question it. “I mean I get that hiding is important, but… It can’t be cheaper to pay genin to do this sort of stuff instead of just a teacher. I don’t get it.” Really, Chigetsu just wasn’t so enthusiastic about the idea of entertaining children for the day. Especially in hide or seek, which could take hours. Was this the life of a genin? Doing manual labor and menial work like this? While Chigetsu wasn’t exactly excited about the dangerous life of a shinobi that he had heard of, it seemed a lot more exciting in comparison than this. Although this was the sort of thing that would bite him in the butt if it ever came down to it, and Chigetsu would definitely have a change of heart if ever sent on an actually dangerous mission, but for now he couldn’t help but think this was a little bit of a waste of time.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:50 am

It would seem his partner was not a fan of the mission that they had been assigned. Which Calis honestly found even more exasperating than him forgetting the parameters of the mission. He hadn't like the first one he was on either and Calis had ended up doing all the work on that one. It was honestly more than a little annoying. The taller of the two would swallow his annoyance though and begin to answer. "First, it gives the students practice in hiding from people who don't know them or their personalities." He would say, beginning the explanation with the point more easily swallowed. "Second, it's to provide simple work with a deeper meaning for us as genin. Every mission has a lesson to teach. The last one for example started giving us insight as to the layout of the village. At least more so than you might expect otherwise. It also started us on trying to maintain hard work. This one would start us trying to learn how to find hiding people in an urban environment. However it's also to help us start thinking outside the box. Kids can surprise you, and are often creative in how they hide. If we find them off we'll probably have done all but torn the place down brick by brick." He would say with a shrug "Finally, these missions are supposed to be simple ways to practice our basic shinobi skills so we can focus more on training our combat capabilities in our own time. Or would you rather be told to kill someone with only what you learned in the Academy?" He would ask an inquisitive eyebrow raised.

At the end of the day it would seem Chigetsu needed everything explained to him. It was something that Calis would endeavor to help him overcome. His partner on these missions was hypersensitive and just a bit petulant. However he had a perfectly functional mind, and one could grow out of those negative traits. Calis would start working to make him use his mind, by making him answer his own questions.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:50 am

“That’s true, I guess.” Chigetsu definitely couldn’t argue. Calis was completely right, and even though Chigetsu sort of wanted to complain some more even he could see the logic in what Calis was saying. Calis was being pretty patient with Chigetsu in explaining all of this, but the teacher-esque manner in which he was saying it all couldn’t help but remind Chigetsu of all those tutors that had attempted to teach him over the years. If he had been a bit less obstinate and petulant all those years of training probably would have made a bigger impact on Chigetsu, but as it stood now, he was just as childish about learning as he had been then. “I guess at least we don’t have to move boxes around or anything hard like that. Even if kids are hard to deal with.” Honestly, with what it could have been perhaps Chigetsu should have been grateful. There were much worse D-Rank missions than this. As much as they did teach virtues, like the layout of the village and how to effectively hide and blah blah blah, they were still annoying work. It was like eating your vegetables. Even if it was important, there was no way Chigetsu could get excited about it.

Turning his eyes to the side, Chigetsu would now avoid the eye contact that he had been earlier sleepily giving to the other boy. “Uh… Did it say if they already started hiding? I still don’t remember the details or anything…” He held back from saying what he wanted to say now, being that he had never actually played hide and seek. Although the name itself was pretty self-explanatory, the apprehension over doing something new by yourself was enough to make Chigetsu a bit uncertain about how to do this all. “And… Should we..., I mean. Are we going to split up, or can we stay together?”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:51 am

It would seem that his partner was beginning to accept that the shinobi world was not all about glamorous missions that involved danger and death. Which was good, because Calis wouldn’t mind taking some more time before those missions came about. He wanted to be sure he was ready to deal with them when the time came and killing someone changed you. He hadn’t done it yet, but he wasn’t looking forward to the day that he would have to, and he would have to. It wasn’t a matter of ‘if’ in their profession, but ‘when’. “The scroll stated that we were to wait outside for a teacher or supervisor of some kind to come out and tell us that the kids were ready. I can imagine that would mean they would already be hidden when they come out to get us. Frankly, I’m not surprised they’re running a bit behind. Coraling a bunch of kids and taking an accurate tally of who was there and who wasn’t so that they would be aware of who was found and who wasn’t would take time. No matter how good you were at your job.” He would say simply, content to wait patiently knowing that he was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing.

A good ten or fifteen minutes would pass and still no one appeared, which was starting to get on Calis’ nerves but he could be patient. He simply disliked when people were late. He was always punctual, and he could forgive Chigetsu since no one had come to talk to him about them being ready yet. As far as he was concerned his partner would’ve been on time even if he had shown up right then and there. Since there still wouldn’t have been an update. He would give it another ten minutes before he decided to go inside and ask about it. They could have at least come given them an update on why it was taking so long.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:51 am

“What? We’re just supposed to wait here then? How long?” He would frown. As he had already been displeased enough to whine about this chore of a mission, the fact that they could potentially be waiting for the next half an hour for all the academy students to be prepared wasn’t something that he was happy about. That would be the last of Chigetsu’s complaining though, at least for now. He was half tempted to ask Calis if he wanted to run off and get breakfast but for some reason he doubted that Calis would be okay with leaving their post and running off when the academy supervisor could potentially come out at any moment and request them to begin.

Come to think of it, Chigetsu was beginning to regret not eating breakfast. The only thing in his stomach now was that bottle of water he had drank earlier. Having woken up only a few minutes before coming off to the mission was something he was beginning to regret. At the very least he wouldn’t be dehydrated, but it went to show that he definitely could have planned this out a little better. Maybe if he took after Calis’s example and got used to wake up earlier he would have had enough time to prepare something to eat. Although, that would require getting less sleep, something that sounded very unappealing.

Character File

“As long as it takes if I’m being honest, but I’m about ready to step in there and ask.” He would say with simple frankness. “This kind of inexcusable in my eyes. I don’t necessarily mind one running behind, so long as they keep those who might be waiting updated.” He would say before reaching into a belt pouch under his haori and pulling out a granola bar. “Here, you looked like you just woke up, get something in you.” He would say as he passed the wrapped bar over to his partner. Should he take it Calis would pull another one out of his pouch and unwrap it as well, taking a bite and eating, taking his time to give those inside more time to prepare. “I’ll give you this advice, keep in mind the students are going to be told that they can hide anywhere in the building. It’s only one class actually trying to hide, but that doesn’t mean the other classes might not be involved. We have a pass to move in and out of classrooms as necessary so long as we aren’t overly disruptive. Which granted, might be difficult given my height, kids tend to stare.” He would say with a small smirk on his features.

It had been a small barb at his partner, a small jest to rile him up and help get him energized. If he even realized he had done it. There was always a possibility that he wouldn’t, or even that it might make him depressed. He would think of other ways to get him riled up though if necessary. ‘All I have to do is tell her she reminds me of a boy. Girls hate that kind of thing, at least those who aren’t tomboys.’ He would think to himself as he munched contentedly on his granola bar.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

That Calis would be so serious about the teacher being late was actually a little funny. It was something that just really screamed ‘Calis’, and sort of emphasized his personality, and because of it Chigetsu couldn’t help but let out a little giggle at his overly serious partner. Even though Chigetsu was just as annoyed as Calis at having to wait here for so long, it at least wasn’t boring. The ice had already been broken between the two in their last meeting, and because of the information that they had shared Chigetsu couldn’t help but feel somewhat comfortable around the other male. Comfortable enough that he wasn’t nervous or overly quiet, and also comfortable enough that he felt fine just blatantly complaining like he did earlier. The granola bar that Calis produced made it seem as though he had some sort of mind reading powers though, and had predicted the fact that Chigetsu would only wake up a few minutes before the mission started and skip breakfast because of it. Was he that predictable? He didn’t dwell on it for too long, and Chigetsu would quickly take the offered granola bar and begin to unwrap it. If Calis would continue providing food like this, Chigetsu would probably be able to tolerate nearly anything from him.

With the granola bar already partially stuffed into his mouth, Chigetsu would not at Calis’s advice. “How hard could it be to find a bunch of academy students? I mean, they’re just kids, and …” He would go silent after the reference to Calis’s height, turning now with his mouth still stuffed to look up at the man. Puffing out his cheeks, Chigetsu would give a bit of a pout at Calis. With how Calis was smiling now it was definitely something he pointed out intentionally.

Character File

To put emphasis on his mind reading power, Calis would suddenly pipe up “Oh, and for the record, I didn’t necessarily bring that bar for you. I always have a couple on me in case I’m out training late or get held up doing deliveries. Since class lets out at a certain time, I don’t mind giving you the other one.” He would say between bites of his impromptu breakfast. Shinobi had to take in an exponential amount more calories than the average individual given the heavy activity they did. Indeed a shinobi’s metabolism was nearly unbelievable when one really got down to thinking about it. As they ate Chigetsu would ask a question that would honestly cause Calis to chuckle. “You might be surprised, you gotta keep in mind these kids know the clone, and transformation jutsu. Not to mention they have no real rules. We have to find them, but if some industrious kid finds out his hiding place is compromised and tags us with a smoke bomb, he could slip away and hide again, now couldn’t he? We never actually found him in that case. It can be absolutely shocking how creative some kids can be in their hiding places too. I imagine we’ll have a few that’ll give us quite an entertaining time trying to track them down.” He would say as he finished his granola bar and dusted his hands together to get rid of any residue. He would proceed to pull out a small water bottle and take a drink of it, washing down the bar with fluids.

“If it helps, think of it as a contest. Do you really want some kid still in school to be able to tell you that he managed to keep himself hidden from you? A shinobi of the village?” He would ask, a small smirk upon his features again as he began to try to work a competitive edge into Chigetsu’s mind. “This will be a pranksters dream if we’re not careful in there, be wary.” He would say as he put his water bottle away after sealing it once again.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

“Oh, and just when I thought you were being considerate.” Swallowing down the last of his granola bar, Chigetsu would teasingly stick his tongue out and blow a slight raspberry. His pride wasn’t big enough that he would be upset at the teasing after being offered free food, but he couldn’t help but feel the need to counter-snark at Calis, even if he wasn’t nearly as good at it as Calis was. “I’ll remember to prepare food in the future then… I guess that’s probably pretty important.”

The entire thing about how dangerous and sneaky these children were was something that Chigetsu would just roll his eyes at. Kids in the academy having smoke bombs? There was no way. How would they get their hands on one? Perhaps Chigetsu was just being a bit naive, but he completely dismissed what Calis was saying. Maybe it was partly from the fact that having spent much of his youth being tutored in private he was ignorant to the reality of what these academies could be like, but regardless it just was just something that he utterly refused to take as a legitimate challenge. “The academy is only so big. We have all day too, don’t we? I think that the two of us together won’t have anything to worry about. I mean…” A bit of doubt flashed across Chigetsu’s mind. Given how unsuccessful he had been in the past with all this shinobi stuff, maybe he really should be worried? It wasn’t as if Chigetsu was a prodigdiy or anything along those lines, and there was the chance that these students had a good deal more real life experience than he did.

His demeanor and stance would change now, with his earlier indifference and cocky apathy turning into nervous insecurity. “... You don’t actually think they’re going to have smoke bombs, do you?”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 am

It seemed his partner was finally learning the ways of snark, slowly granted, but progress was progress. “If you’re progress in verbal sparring is any indication of your shinobi abilities I expect you to do well in the chunin exams.” He would say, adding a pregnant pause before saying “Next time they come around.” He would say, a grin touching his features as he fired back once more. Countering sass was a good way to get the mind running and it was always amusing to see how the other person would counter you. “But yes, preparing food in some way is important, as is learning how to fish, hunt, and forage. You don’t have to be an expert, you just have to be good enough to get to the next meal. To be honest though, ninjutsu tends to make it all pretty easy. A water user could use their techniques to send water from a river, fish and all, onto the shore. Voila, dinner, once you clean, descale, and cook them of course.” He would say as he looked up at the sky and judged it long enough. “Alright, that’s quite enough waiting, let’s go inside and check up on what in the world is going on.” He would say as he began to step toward the door.

Of course, as fate would have it, that’s when the door opened, shocker right? The woman who came out was, well, frankly? Attractive, if a bit frazzled. She had dark hair down to mid back, pale skin, and glasses. She looked a bit bookish and it seemed like she had just gotten done putting forth a great effort where she would get paid very little, and be recognized not nearly enough for doing her job well. Ah teaching, don’t you just love it? Calis would move toward the woman and give a small bow in greeting. She was a client as far as he was concerned. She would smile up at him and introduce herself “Good morning, I’m Ayasame, I’m sorry you were out here waiting for so long. Please, call my Aya. We’re ready for you now, you can start hunting down the little monst-Kids, at your leisure.” She would say, almost slipping and calling the kids something that wouldn’t do for a teacher to say. Calis would let out a bark of laughter “That bad huh?” He would ask as he stepped inside past her to get a look around. “I’m afraid so, they’re all very excited about this, and I fear some have prepared some pranks along the way. I have to say, better you than me.” She would say before stepping outside to get some air. “That’s another reason they hire us by the way. They’d rather pay genin to deal with this part.” He would say with a grin before stepping deeper inside.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 am

The door opening caught Chigetsu off guard, having been so caught up in the distracting torrent of the conversation and his internal thought process that he had almost forgot what they were supposed to be waiting for. That the teacher finally came was probably a good thing, especially where the conversation was going. Chigetsu would probably rather do anything else than camping, and the idea of having to hunt for food and prepare it yourself… Well. Even though Chigetsu wasn’t an elitist and had no disdain for commoners like his clan did, having your food prepared for you was a luxury he came to expect after so many years of being waited on due to his wealth. Catching and descaling fish? Well… That would be something that Chigetsu would let Calis handle, if it ever came up.

The woman who came out had an appearance that seemed absolutely typical for her profession. She looked positively ‘teacher’-like, would maybe be the best way to describe it. Pretty and bookish, with long dark hair and glasses. Even with as frazzled as she looked, she was objectively beautiful, something that sparked an ember of jealousy in Chigetsu’s heart. Even if it was only a little bit, Chigetsu would instinctively straighten out and stand with a more proper posture, and then idly adjust at his hair. His pink braid was still neat and tight, but for some reason now he felt the need to brush through it all and rebraid everything. It was mostly unconscious, and thus Chigetsu wouldn’t say anything, but maybe it was something that would be perceptible to others. Following Calis’s bow, Chigetsu would mimic his behavior with a slight delay, bowing after having finished with their quick hair fumbling. It was sort of out of character for him to bow like this, but seeing Calis do it made him feel compelled to do the same.

“Geeze, they’re that bad…?” His worry would begin to increase. While he hadn’t taken Calis one hundred percent serious when he spoke about how terrible the children could be, hearing it first hand from a teacher forced the idea a bit more firmly into Chigetsu’s head. After Calis would step inside Chigetsu would follow, using the taller male almost like a shield now as they entered the building.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 am

“You know I wonder how old that teacher was, I wouldn’t mind asking her to dinner if she was interested.” Calis would wonder aloud as he walked down the wall to track down some hiding midgets. “Let’s split up at this point, don’t worry so much if you’re having trouble, we’ll find them all.” He would say as he came to the room number that had been listed in the mission scroll. Tacked to the door were two sheets of paper with a list of names on them. Fifteen in all, pens were taped to the paper. That made sense, they’d have to check the names of the student in question off their list as they found them. Calis would reach out to take the paper and as he reached for the pen would stop a moment, he felt a small electro-magnetic energy around the pen. It wasn’t strong, not even worthy of an E rank jutsu’s level of strength, but if he touched the pen without diffusing it, he’d get a small shock. The other pen was probably similarly pranked but Calis would swiftly diffuse the energy in his and click it confidently. He’d recount the list to ensure there were in fact fifteen and nod his head.

“Alright, we should split up, it’s a big school and we’ve got fifteen students to find. There’s eight classrooms, six bathroom, three for each gender, a gym, a side yard for them to practice their skills in, a cafeteria, and a supply closet or two for the sake of janitorial duties. There’s fifteen students hiding around in this mess and the only one who knew where they all were was that teacher. So no interrogation option, and I’m not about to cheat and use my secret, especially not here. So let’s split up and track em down, there’s no real danger so there shouldn’t be any issue with this. You ready?” He’d ask as he placed the pen behind his ear and slid the list of names under his haori.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 am

It was a good thing that Chigetsu had chosen to led Calis lead the way. The expression that came across Chigetsu’s face after hearing that comment from Calis about Aya was definitely something that Calis would have picked up on, had he been able to see it. Stumbling a bit after having all of his self-confidence shattered, Chigetsu would only falter for a moment before continuing with his stride. There was something that was a little soul crushing about having someone as good looking as Calis say that so casually right next to Chigetsu, although he couldn’t articulate exactly why. He would only respond to it in silence, although that earlier spark of jealousy at Aya’s looks had already grown into a surging inferno of internal insecurity. While he hadn’t wanted to split up earlier, Chigetsu was now suddenly much more willing to go off on his own. “Splitting up sounds like a good idea.” There would be just a touch of passive-aggressive curtness in his voice, and following Calis’s lead Chigetsu would reach up to take the pen and paper that had been tacked to the wall.

Upon making contact with the pen the electricity would immediately surge through Chigetsu’s body. Maybe to the average person this could be considered a harmless prank of static electricity, but this was very different to Chigetsu, who was a Hozuki. Being so closely attuned to water, the electricity would amplify throughout him and produce an audible sound as it shocked him. It would be strong enough that Chigetsu would jump back following the static, yeeping in shock. The surge of electricity running through his form was enough to temporarily remove his control over his natural liquification ability, and so for a split second it would almost appear as if the poor boy was melting in response to the shock, having reduced to almost a jelly-like consistency. Chigetsu was lucky it was just a harmless prank, or else it could have potentially legitimately harmed him. Regaining composure after a second, Chigetsu would stiffen up and return his body into its usual flesh, although his hair would now be noticeably standing up in a rather puffy, floofy manner.

The realization at what had just happened would slowly filter into his mind following the shock. Quickly he would scramble to flatten down his newly-messed up hair, glaring daggers into the pen the entire while, as if it had willingly chosen to hurt him and was responsible for this. Chigetsu’s reaction had been violent, but it wasn’t exaggerated. Electricity wasn’t something that he was keen on messing around with, and for good reason. “I swear… I’m going to kill whoever did that...” He would growl through grit teeth, although even in his anger he wasn’t particularly intimidating.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 am

The curtness in Chigetsu’s voice would suddenly cause Calis to blink in surprise, had he done something to offend? He began to think back about what he’d done and slowly came to realize that it was the comment about Aya that must have done it. ‘Is, Chigetsu jealous? Why?’ He would think as he came to the realization. Well, either way, it would seem the mission had taken a turn for the better since they were going to have to split up now to find all the kids and that meant that they wouldn’t be able to communicate effectively. This was a plus in Calis’ book at this point and one in Chigetsu’s too. At the touch of the pen, Chigetsu would suddenly yeep in shock and fly back. Blinking in confusion, Calis would turn to him as he seemed to melt into a harmless jelly like substance. It was surprising to say the least and Calis’ could only stare in shock as Chigetsu slowly reformed to it’s physical form and the tall, dark haired genin would take a moment to gather his thoughts before speaking. His question was eloquent, well thought out, and perfectly toned to the situation.

“The fuck?”

He would ask, all at once asking what in the hell just happened, as well as asking if his partner was alright. It wasn’t as if the pen was dangerous, but if Calis had known it would’ve had that much of a violent reaction to it he would’ve diffused Chigetsu’s too. Or given him his instead and taken the other one, diffusing it as he did. He began to wonder if there were anymore ‘pranks’ like that in the building and Calis decided that if they were going to have that kind of effect on his partner than they needed to be careful. Stepping over to the other door in the hall, Calis would open it to look at the teacher who was dutifully ignoring him. “Call Aya please, I need to speak to her regarding a matter.” He would say, to which the teacher would look at him in surprise before nodding.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 am

Calis’s reaction would cause Chigetsu a moment of confusion. Having spent the majority of his life in the Hozuki District, there were times where he forgot that not everyone knew about their clan’s special ability. Turning to look at Calis with a bit of a blank stare after what he had said, it took a moment or two for the connection to click with Chigetsu. “Oh… Oh! Uh, I thought you knew… That’s the, uh...” Just as soon as Chigetsu was beginning to explain Calis would turn around, and for a moment Chigetsu was afraid that he had scared the boy away with that sudden melting thing. After seeing that Calis was only going to call for Aya was a bit of a relief, but all the same Chigetsu would follow after him and reach to take ahold of Calis’s wrist, trying to keep him from returning to speak with Aya. “No! It’s okay, I can explain…!”

“It was just… I’m a Hozuki. We’re not really good with electricity. It was normal, you don’t have to worry about anything.” There was actually a good reason to worry. If they had been the equivalent of an E-Ranked technique, Chigetsu might have become so numb from the shock that he wouldn’t have been able to feel his arms. Admitting his fragility here to Calis wasn’t something that he was eager to do though, and so he would be desperate in convincing the other boy that everything was okay. Given the absolute focus that his clan put on self-preservation, it was probably that this entire situation was his fault for being careless. Although it wasn’t really his first instinct to check for booby-traps inside the village, Calis and Aya had both warned him about it in advance.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 am

“Okay, I can understand that but if there are any similar pranks utilizing electricity involved that are any stronger, than it’s suddenly a danger that is not longer worth the risk. All I’m going to do is have Aya make sure that there isn’t anything else like this involved. They can have their pranks, but I’ll bury them alive before I let them kill a fellow Kirigakure shinobi because of some stupid prank.” He would say, daring Chigetsu to stop him from having Aya do just that. “I diffused mine, I would’ve done yours, but I didn’t know it would have that effect. But if we need to split up, then I can’t be there to sense the charge and diffuse similar situations. It’s your choice at the end of the day Chigetsu, but I’m not comfortable with that.” He would say, finishing his thoughts on the matter. He would wait at that point, and in his peripheral vision he would see someone squirming in the class. He’d look up to the side to see a student sitting in a chair looking nervous. He’d raise an eyebrow and look at the rows and columns to find that the student was an odd one out. “You there, the squirming kid, what’s your name?” He would ask, sliding the pen out of his ear and taking his list out. “Akichi” He would say dejectedly before standing up and going outside. “Well at least that’s one down.” He would mutter to himself before looking at the students again carefully and shrugging before turning back to Chigetsu.

“If you don’t want to get Aya involved then we can’t split up, simple as that. So let’s go, I’ll keep a look out for electrical booby traps and diffuse their charges as we find them.” He would say before moving back out of the room and opening the door to the classroom on the other side of the hall that had the lists tacked onto the door. The inside was an absolute mess, the desks were overturned, paper was everywhere and a lonely dry erase board sit on the other side of the room. The chalkboard against the wall reached from end to end of the classroom with it’s green colouring and on it the words ‘Hide and Seek’ were written. “Let’s check in here.” He would say, as he stepped inside.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:54 am

“W-Well… I don’t think kill is the right word, but…” It was strange. Admitting his fragility was something he was loathe to do. Especially to someone who is so serious like Calis. He was half sure that if he admitted how absolutely weak he was when it came to even simple things like static shocks that there would be no end to the snark and teasing. At the same time, having him be so worried almost felt… nice? Chigetsu didn’t really know how to process it, but more than anything he wanted it to stop right now. It was pretty embarrassing all together, both his reaction to the shock and Calis’s reaction to his reaction. Having someone worried about your life when in the Kirigakure Academy was beyond embarrassing, and it made Chigetsu feel incredibly pathetic.

Having already flip flopped on whether he wanted to split up once now, he would do so again relatively quickly after that shock. Even with all the embarrassment, Chigetsu recognized that getting shocked like that again would be… Well, not good. If Calis could easily recognize that sort of static and defuse it, it would be hard to refuse his help. “It’s okay if you want to come with me, we can work together if…” Honestly, he was at a bit of a loss for words. “I’m sorry, I don’t want to slow you down. I guess I just should have been more careful.”

Releasing Calis’s wrist, Chigetsu would take a step or two back. He felt guilty now. Just in time too, as apparently Calis was able to notice the squirming of some punk kid out of the corner of his eyes. Watching from afar while Calis went in to take count of the kid, Chigetsu couldn’t help but feel a little bit sorry seeing the kid awkwardly hide inside the classroom in one of the chairs. “One down. That’s a start.” He would repeat after Calis had said it.

Following after Calis, Chigetsu would be more than content to allow the taller boy take the lead.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:54 am

It would seem Chigetsu felt similarly about needing to stick together if electrical booby traps were involved, which was good. Because Calis wasn’t going to take no for an answer on the point. He would’ve either gone to get Aya, or stuck around, even if he had to physically carry the pink haired fool to do it. Stepping into the room Calis would flip the light on, illuminating the room in soul destroying fluorescent lights. Looking around carefully he’d study the savaged room. It was clearly staged, everything had fallen a little ‘too’ neatly as hiding places for otherwise to be believable. He stepped further into the room, now giving Chigetsu space to step inside as well and look around. The windows were open, allowing the breeze to come in. The unlocked, swiveling, dry erase board sitting on a wheeled stand next to the window.

The taller of the two would pace around the room quietly, his breathing moderated as he hunted for a student. There was at least one in here, he knew it. The temptation to hide from them in their own home room would’ve been too great for a cocky kid to pass up. He kept his ears open as he looked, eyes scanning the walls, overturned desks, and papers carefully. He paced around the desks, getting line of sight on every angle. If they didn’t know there were two of them, someone might have tried to scoot around the desks to keep line of sight broken as he moved around. This way though, Chigetsu would see if a kid tried it while Calis prowled around them.

The dark haired man would look toward Chigetsu after moving around the desks and raise an inquisitive eyebrow, the unasked question of ‘see again?’ on his features. Anyone hiding knew to be quiet now, since the door had been opened. It made sneaking up on them impossible, so they had to find them and call them out.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Entering the room, it was immediately clear that the tornado that seemed to have passed through was faked. Chigetsu had seen what tornados inside classrooms looked like, along with their aftermath, given that was exactly what Kitsuki had done to demonstrate ninjutsu on that mission they had taken together. Despite being a huge mess, it was somehow too clean. With the slight breeze that was coming in through the opened windows the temperature of the room was a few degrees colder than the rest of the building, something that was just barely noticeable. Although, he was starting to wonder whether they should have interrogated that one student they had just found on the hiding spots of his classmates. It definitely would have been… Well, it was probably a bad idea, but they definitely would be finding these kids faster if they did that.

Taking a slow stroll across the classroom, Chigetsu would be careful to step around the strange distributed mess. With both him and Calis together there wouldn’t be any chance of some kid sneaking around outside of their line of sight, but at the same time it seemed unlikely that there would be any kid bold enough to try something so blatant. It would be impossible now with two sets of eyes either way. As he prowled the room, Chigetsu would meet Calis’s eyes following his search under the desks. He couldn’t respond with anything other than a slight shrug and helpless facial expression, not picking up on where the potential academy student could have been. In the silence that the two were maintaining Chigetsu didn’t pick up on any breathing, and the breeze from the windows wasn’t loud enough to mask anything along those lines. It was a mystery.

Character File

Calis had an idea of where the kid was now, the transformation technique was a useful tool, but it wasn’t perfect if one didn’t perfect it’s surroundings as well. So with a certain degree of confidence, Calis would walk up the dry erase board that was by the window. The board was seemingly unlocked, meaning it would swivel vertically, allowing one to switch the side that was facing. That however was unnecessary in a room with a chalkboard as the one in this one, and with the board seemingly unlocked, the breeze blowing in from the outside would be causing it to turn. So without further ado, Calis would reach a hand out and flick the center of the board hard.

“OW!” A high pitched voice cried as the board reverted to the form of a 10 year old boy with spiky brown hair and an indignant look on his face. “What was that for old man?” He cried, childlike anger on his features. “Because I found you, you wouldn’t have answered if I told you I found you, and I wasn’t about to punch you or use ninjutsu on you.” Calis said simply, his voice dead pan. “It was a solid idea, but you forgot to account for your environment. You’ve got the chalkboard in here, and open windows and you made it so the board was unlocked when you transformed.” He said simply to which the kids ‘angry’ expression turned to a befuddled one. “Er..I did?” He asked sheepishly. “Oops, thanks mister.” He said, before moving for the door.

“Ah, what’s your name kid? You’re not about to slip out and go out on the basis that I didn’t ask.” Calis said, interrupting the kids flight. “Darn, it’s Shoji.” He said, before moving out toward the front dejectedly. Calis would strike the name off the list and look up toward Chigetsu “Go ahead and lead on to the next one. You need to get used to being in front and seeming in charge. You’ll be expected to lead people some day as a shinobi.” He would say, motioning for Chigetsu to take the lead.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Calis’s sleuthing of the hiding kid’s position was honestly pretty impressive. The transformation technique wasn’t something he would have expected, although it was definitely something that he should have. It was in the basic genin repertoire after all, and as a result most academy students should probably be expected to know it. That and the basic clone technique… Thinking back, this was something that Calis had actually mentioned before. Dang it. He was just… too good at all of this. It was actually a little bit frustrating, even though Chigetsu wasn’t usually the competitive sort. Given that Calis had already found two of the fifteen children so far and Chigetsu’s total accomplishments for the day so far has only included getting a painful electric shock, he was actually willing to do as Calis suggested and take the lead. It was a very un-Chigetsu thing to do, mind you, but the earlier snarking and attempts by Calis to breed some sort of competitive desire within Chigetsu seemed to have had at least a little effect.

“Oh, yeah. It’s natural that someone like me would seem like they’re in charge.” It was the verbal equivalent of rolling his eyes. “If I had known I needed to do that, I would have brought a pair of stilts with me.” It was all snarked as a whisper under his breath, still in the ‘be quiet’ mode that came with searching for these kids. Still, Chigetsu would now attempt to take the lead and left the classroom before Calis did, moving back out into the hallway. Given the relatively simple layout of the classrooms, Chigetsu would simply lead the two of them right into the next one, which was adjacent to the one that they had just been in.

Twisting open the door knob and pushing in, the immediate picture of the classroom would be something very typical. Unlike the last one they had just been in, which looked like an absolute disaster had ripped through it, everything was relatively neat here. Twenty desks were laid out in rows of fours across from what appeared to be a larger teacher’s desk. The chairs that would have been paired with these desks had all been removed, although it would only take a second to see that they had been placed in the back of the classroom, stacked up in a pile. The chairs were the sort that could be easily be stacked together on top of one another for easy storage and transportation, but with their height they easily reached to the ceiling. Chigetsu couldn’t imagine them being easy to store in their current state, given they were stacked too tall to even bring out of the room without knocking them on the door way. The windows were all stuck shut, but a similar draft would be maintained by a somewhat noisy rotating fan that was placed atop the teacher’s desk. The gentle electrical buzz was immediately noticeable, and made for an experience similar to white noise.

“Aren’t you not supposed to have a fan on in a room that has all the windows and doors closed…?” Chigetsu would whisper under his breath as Calis, turning over to look up at the taller man before entering any further into the room. For some reason that old supersticion of ‘fan death’ caused a slight pause in Chigetsu’s step, although he would continue his prowl into the room only after a second of hesitation.

There weren’t any immediately obvious hiding places in the room, with everything relatively neat and in place. Carefully, Chigetsu would step over the plugged in electrical cord of the fan as he continued into the room, circling around the desks.

Character File

“Be mean.” Calis said simply as Chigetsu spoke, the sarcasm in the pink haired Hozuki’s voice was clear but Calis was serious. “Seriously, be mean. You can look like you’re in charge of anyone, even with our height difference if you look like a hard ass and act like one too. I won’t take offense, and you might surprise yourself.” He said to his partner before following him out to the next room. The room was more or less neat with five columns of four within the room and the chairs that went with the desks were stacked up in the back. Calis thought it odd that this room wasn’t in use today as the Academy was open but perhaps the kids were simply at...lunch? It wasn’t that long after dawn. Either way though Calis would look around the room and think he saw the kids hiding place.

“Not only that, but the room isn’t even in use. I wonder why the fan is even on.” Calis would say as he followed Chigetsu into the room. He would glance around the room tentatively, noting the closed windows, the too tall stacked chairs, and the electrical cord on the ground. Without too much of a pause he’d look back toward Chigetsu and raise an inquisitive eyebrow, the curiosity obvious on his features.

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 am