Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Little People (Private)

Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo:

Little People (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Little People (Private)

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Genkai took a look at the general layout of the rough floor and started mentally constructing how to get it to work. Working up materials, base construction, and things needed to make it aesthetically appealing.

She'd ask if Midori if she tried digging a well / looked for underground water; if she wanted running water, or not. The types of trees around them, and what of those trees would be best for a dojo and what would be good for living areas.

And slowly but surely they would hash out quantities of different types of wood, metal, and roofing to fit her needs. As well as needed infrastructure.

As Genkai worked on the plans in her head while working on the deer. That dangerous emotion of hope grew stronger within her. This stoic protector, this green haired warrior. Out of nowhere turned Genkai's life around. Giving her a chance of having a real family.

Nodding to herself. She promised herself she would follow in Midori's footsteps and make Midori proud of her. That she would prove herself to Midori and maybe, if she was lucky. Midori wouldn't cast her aside like all the other is. And she could have that strange, but hopefully wonderful thing called a family.

Skills:
    Bloodline, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Puppetry, Fuuin, Ijutsu

Stats:
    Strength: C (450) : C+ (Comfortable Living)
    Con: C (450)
    Stam: C (450) : B+ (Uzumaki Female) :
    Speed: D (150)
    Coord: C (450)
    Int: A (950)
    Perc: C (450)

T: (15/ 18)

_________

205 CP / -1 CP per Post (Long Sighted UA.)

Precog: 7 (tied to Empathy UA.)
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu May 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Satori was heading over to Midori’s. Her home in comparison to his own was still a heavy work in progress, largely due to the fact that Satori had cheated a bit in the construction of his own home. Outsourcing others by pulling favors or paying them, nothing against Ryuutei customs, but it did cause the occasional odd look seeing him accept help. However, it was not a sign of weakness to accept outside help, and was in fact encouraged by the pragmatic clan.

Meandering toward the building, Satori followed the stone path of the village before he arrived. Lifting a hand idly and cracking his knuckles several times against it before the young tall boy interlaced his fingers behind his head.

It was likely she was home at this time of the day, but if she wasn’t he’d come by later. Usually this was around the time that they spared unless something caused an oddity in their days, however.

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 55,000

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Thu May 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Midori was always using her peripheral vision to scan for activity around her as she milled about and got things done around her home that was still under construction, so spotting Satori while he was still on approach was not unusual, and for a moment, she felt a small pang of apprehension. While she was not at all concerned that the man would try to force Genkai to leave or anything else, but it was more than she worried because she had never tried to do anything like this. Through her, Genkai would become an extension to the family, and while that was all well and good, she hated the idea that she was forcing it upon them.

The other side of her though threw that caution to the wind with her own ironclad willpower and determination that she was making the right choice in this instance. She was not about to back down from something that she believed in her heart that was right and he knew once she set her mind to something it was a small act of God to change her mind. She approached as he walked onto her property, a concept that still felt odd to her, giving a nod of respect, and then holding a hand out towards the newcomer.

“Genkai. Found her. Survivor of the Forest. Likely me if I did not have the Ryuutei.” That would be enough information for Satori to piece it together without any real issue. He was always sharp, and had a knack for taking the little bit of speech that Midori did wind up uttering and translating it accurately.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Thu May 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Genkai was distracted from her finishing touches of disassembling her deer by Midori's shift in position. With a flick of her fingers the knife spun downwards as she gave a pivot, and upon seeing a living scarecrow tossed up her face went from hyper focused and dead from her not bothering to pay attention to her face. To throwing a million watt, “I'm made of rainbows, WAFF, and sugar!” Smile.

Seeing that Midori wasn't attacking and not wanting to waste time she gave a half turn and a gentle under hand flick throwing the knife into a bucket. Before skipping frolicking behind Midori as in her normal way used as few words as needed to get her point across.

And it clicked, this scarecrow was the one that could take away her safety and happiness after she had dropped her guard and trusted whole heartedly in someone. If he was watching her face as she looked at him.

He would notice a wide range of quickly shifting emotions as her heart warred for what emotion to settle on. First was an intense stew of pure unbridled rage and wrath at the potential of losing before she really had time to get to fully grasp it, followed by a look of cold calculation and planning as she went through every detail Midori brought up that was useful as well as a flickering of annoyance at not seeing any readily available weaknesses.

Before suddenly settling on soul crushing loss all in the matter of seconds, her body slumped as if the weight of assumed reality was crushing down upon her. Her eyes grew moist and as big as saucers, she’d point to the deer she just frolicked from, and in a sorrowful, “my heart is broken and my soul's crushed” tone, whimpered, [color=purple]”Hiya Mr. Scarecrow! I killed and prepped a deer, and if it means I can stay I'll murder all life on this planet but us three.”

The last bit delivered with a quivering lip, and despite unintentionally casually discussing the destruction of all life. Was given innocently without a trace of malice. As she awaited judgement from the one being would could take everything away, or give her a chance to stay.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu May 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Satori glanced at Midori, and then at the over-emotional girl standing beside her with a slightly tilted head. His brow rising slightly at the words that were offered.

“...She seems more unstable than you were, though,” he stated idly in a blunt observation before he would shake his head, bemused.

“I don’t know why you’re telling me that. I’m just a seated member of the family. It’s father's call, not mine, and if Midori wants you here as a guest no one will care,” his limbs stretched over his shoulders as the lanky boy would idly tilt his head and glance toward Midori. Like her, huh. So an orphan. Well, that was fine. Many of the Ryuutei were technically orphans, birth and death rates were both high, and that was the common result.

Focusing on Genkai for a moment Satori simply blinked at her once.

“I’m Satori. Twenty-fourth seat of the clan. Academy Student of Kirigakure,” with this introduction out of the way he simply nodded at the corpse.

“As long as you don’t waste it, no one cares what you do,” he stated idly before glancing toward Midori and closing an eye.

“Is she a guest? Or is she joining the clan?”

[2]

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Fri May 10, 2019 12:24 am

Midori watched things play out before her, and while she certainly didn’t mind the enthusiasm, she did mind the lack of social graces. Granted, coming from someone as anti-social as she was, it was a bit of a stretch, but even Midori had limits, and the girl’s emotional control needed serious work. She wouldn’t be able to focus on the battlefield if something this small garnered such a large emotional response. Granted, she realized why it was; Genkai had just gained an idea of what life could be like with others, and was desperate to keep it, but desperation was no stranger to their way of life. Being able to keep your head level and clear in tough situations was a lesson she was going to have to dig into Genkai if she would be staying with them.

So, as punishment, Midori simply raised her hand, and chopped Genkai on the top of the head.

Not hard enough to cause any real harm, but definitely hard enough to inflict pain and get the girl’s attention. “Control Yourself.” It came out as a command, an absolute order that would be followed unless Genkai was ready to deal with the repercussions. Once she knew that Genkai knew she was serious, and that it wasn’t anything personal but a mere lesson, she turned her gaze back to Satori.

“Guest for now. Hoped you would explain what joining would entail. Better at details.” And he was, and likely he would be able to shape his words to fit her specific style of communication and get through the little sugar cube better than Midori and her lack of ability to socialize properly. She turned her gaze back to the small human, who looked positively tiny compared to the massive boy that was Satori… and then she gestured towards the deer as a means of enticing him. “I’ll cook. You focus. He is very smart.” Oddly enough, Midori was a pretty skilled cook and could make something out of just about anything, so the offer was something she knew Satori would seriously consider.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri May 10, 2019 9:42 am

Genkai was focused on Satori that she didn't notice Midori's chop till it hit, drawing a yelp of surprise from her, looking up at Midori with wide eyes she would hear the order to control herself, crinkling her face in confusion for a second.

Taking a deep breath she'd throw on her biggest smile and give a short nod before glomping Satori, and hanging from him, ”I'm sorry Satori, I can be good, and don't worry about waste. I spent about the last ⅓ of my life so far mostly alone in the wilderness .

“So I know the importance of using everything I kill. Especially since you never know when your next meal is coming. Or what you'll need for medicine or shelter.”

She'd then bounce off and look to Midori to see if that was a sufficient apology. Before listening to the rest of their convo, including Midori saying She'd do the cooking.

Genkai would look at Satori with rapt attention as she prepared to soak up what she’d have to do.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 10, 2019 9:58 am

As Midori offered to cook, Satori blinked and chuckled softly. He'd come here to spar but well, this was fine too. Stretching his hands above his head he glanced down at the young girl that was practically glowing. Then she jumped on him. Luckily he was used to his sisters and Riku, as well as her family, so this was nothing new as he idly pat her head nearly out of reflex. Clearly unperturbed as he meandered toward the nearest seat instead.

"I can talk to her about the rituals, but I'll tell her about what being a guest means instead first, even if she has the right mindset there's no reason to force her," with this he idly fell into a seat and glanced up at the sky for a moment in thought. The girl clearly felt as though she needed to put on a facade of joy. Not that he minded, but if she kept that up she was going to cause some anger to some that she met.

Her bridge to cross, he supposed. Focusing on her as Midori went to work he rested his chin in his palm.

"First, what has Midori said about the clan thus far?" he inquired simply, "If anything at all."

[3]

Last edited by Satori Ryuutei on Sat May 11, 2019 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 pm

The surprise from him was something, for once, she had expected; considering the time of day, he wanted to spar, and considering she had gone the past few days without it, she was itching for it as well. “Spar after. Priority.” She knew where she stood, and she needed to fight just as much, or rather, probably more, than Satori did. That thirst for combat and conflict was something she had to sate… or she wouldn’t be getting very good sleep tonight, and Satori played that to his advantage much like he did everything and sparred with her and tested new techniques and such. This helped her too, as she learned how to handle a great many different types of things using her hand to hand techniques.

For now, she turned towards the deer, working rapidly to carve and clean what would be used immediately, knowing how much Satori was known to eat. It could be noted that she was only handling her own deer, as she was respecting Genkai’s prey enough to let her handle it on her own as she found time. Cutting into the meat and starting the fire happened with practiced proficiency and it wasn’t long before the smell of cooking meat filled the air, as well as a variety of seasonings that she was famous in the Clan for being able to find and procure. She was listening, of course, but as this part of the conversation was between the two of them, she focused on her work.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Genkai let out a pur as she was being patted and followed Satori to sit. When he asked her what Midiori told her about the clan Genkai's gaze seemed to stretch off into the distance and her smile drop a few thousand watts as she searched her memories.

And like a child answering a test would list off what little she knew, ”Carry my own kill. Prep it. And don't waste a single thing. If I come here, it’ll be home. Midori will give me purpose if I come here and she won't let me be forgotten anymore.

“I already do the first three. And I will do whatever it takes to not make Midori change her mind on the other three … is there anything of importance she missed? I mean I only care about being with Midori, and if this place is important to her. I'll do whatever is necessary to stay, regardless of what that is.”

Her facade would have cracked slightly but she was quick to reapply her smile and look at him expectantly.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sat May 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Satori examined her quietly as she gave the basics, and he’d now gained the clarification he’d needed that she was an orphan. Living alone and forgotten as a life he couldn’t imagine, having always been surrounded by a large family. But he could understand how it would attack ones psyche. It put it into perspective, but, there was one problem…

“If you are a member of the clan, then we are all your family,” Satori stated simply as he looked into her eyes calmly.

“No one here forgets family once a name has been earned. Once you claim your status as an adult, you are forever engraved into our history and stories, we lay down our lives, share our experiences, train and teach one another,” as he explained this he would slowly lift his gaze along the incomplete house.

“Being one of us in the long run means to respect all life. That is why we waste nothing. All life is equal, and though we follow the natural order: the strong survive, it does not mean that the weak were less important than us. Only that we were lucky enough to be in a superior position due to our own previous choices or situation.” With this he would trail his gaze back toward Genkai with a relaxed expression.

“Non-Ryuutei have joined our clan many times. But know this, our laws include the humans that we kill. No life is more important or more special than another. We kill a rat for pest control; we eat it and waste nothing. We kill a human for a mission, self defense, or a training accident; we eat it and waste nothing.” He stated these words as a test as much as anything, as that was usually the breaking point for most.

[4]

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 am

Midori listened in as she continued to prepare the food, the sound of boiling water joining the smell of cooked meat. She was rapidly dicing potatoes with a bone-knife she had carved carefully for just this purpose, and it sliced through the spuds quickly and efficiently. It was obvious she was making more than just the simple deer meat although that part of it was coming along nicely. She was certain Satori would be able to understand how best to get to the little girl, and she focused on preparing the food she was working on.

She came to realize that she would likely want to expand her home at some point… but getting the basics came first, but the fact that she was already considering expansion came as somewhat of a surprise for Midori. Why had that sprung to mind? Odd. Looking over to the little shack she called home for the moment, she also realized that they would have to share the space for a time. It wasn’t like she couldn’t ask Kiyoshi to look after her and give her a place to sleep, but this was her burden, and she wouldn’t pass it off to anyone if she didn’t have to.

[17]

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 am

"Fa~mi~ly," Genkai looked upwards as she chewed on the word. Repeating it a few times as she mulled over the word,"Well wherever Midori is, is where I will be. I'm kind of weary of promises of 'I'll be remembered'. I have many villages and people who've proven I won't be. One day I'll be misplaced, or simply wander somewhere with no idea of how to get back, and no one will look for me. And in time, I will be forgotten. That's just the way the world works … but her? I don't know why, but I believe her … even if I am waiting to be let down again. It hurts … but I just need to enjoy this while I can. But honestly … I really want to trust her."

She sniffled a bit but took a deep breath and finished her reply, "But I've lived most of my life alone and most of the time in the wilderness. So not wasting anything is something I already do. And I don't really see the difference between humans and other prey. Their both sources of food, shelter, and medicine. So I can do that, haven't done it yet, but food and shelter is food and shelter, humans will do as good as another."

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Wed May 15, 2019 11:02 am

Satori listened quietly, and simply shrugged.

“Ryuutei let actions speak. Not words. If you doubt my words then speak to our elder of our stories, ask her for the tales of the first Ryuutei head, or our rituals and history, of how we still know the names of our fallen and have them inscribed with both rune and story from hundreds of years before the founding of any village,” with this he would then shift his gaze toward Midori as the girl admitted her affection.

It was possibly a crush. Possibly an emotional attachment to the first real kindness she had received combined with how blunt and forward Midori was. It was hard not to trust someone that gave you the hard truth whether you wanted it or not, they had no reason to lie.

Either way, she’d answered his question and nodded once. “Do not eat the neural tissue or brain of humans, however. Offer it to another blood-Ryuutei, use it for medicines or toxins, compost, whatever you wish, but it’s important non-blood Ryuutei never eat such things from humans. It leads to deadly diseases, and you’ll be dead before you reach adulthood.” With this he would slowly straighten and smile.

“Aside that, the only important rule is to remember that at any point, anyone can challenge another Ryuutei for their position and rank. No one is special. Even the clan head can be challenged by a youngling, and refusing is to admit defeat automatically. This does not mean that the right can be abused however, as these fights can be to the death. Respect your elders, but you don’t need to worship the ground they walk on. Respect in the Ryuutei is earned, not given.”

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 am

Midori couldn’t help but nod, knowing no one would see it, as Satori spoke about how actions were how things were done here at Ryuutei. It was one of the reasons Midori was able to survive with as poor social skills as she had, the green haired teen was able to simply perform whatever action she needed to in order to convey what she wanted, like when someone was struggling and she would assist them without a word, only nodding when she thanked as a reply. She had always been known as being quiet, but that didn’t hurt her around the Clan at all; if anything, it was one of the things she was praised on.

Things had gone very well with the food preparation, and finally fetching a dozen rolls out of the bag she had in the shack, she approached the pair, perhaps finally drawing their attention. A large wooden bowl on the top of her head, balanced there was full of the rolls, and her arms were loaded with three large wooden plates, each with a large slab of seasoned deer meat, and a large bone-bowl of soup with carrots, potatoes and other assorted goods. Midori was famous for her potato soup, so the treat would be especially appreciated by Satori, and all of it smelled divine.

Ensuring one person got a plate each, she set down a fork, spoon and knife each that had been tucked in her belt, set the bowl of bread in the middle and sat down across from them both, waiting patiently. One thing that Satori would know and Genkai would learn was that when Midori cooked, she was the last person to try it, wanting to see the reaction that others had when trying her food.

[18]

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 15, 2019 11:16 am

Genkai would chew on the words and advice of Satori. The look on her face showing that she'd give everything he said serious weight before answering.

Giving a nod she'd reply, "I promise not to eat brains, and … it'll be interesting to be remembered, but we'll see next time I get misplaced. It's not being lost, I know where I want to go. I simply don't know where I ended up, how to get where I'm going, or how far my destination is.

"But saying I get lost easily makes me sound pathetic. And that's usually the time I'm all alone again. But yeah, I can be really useful. I know medicine, drugs, cooking, am a pretty decent Engineer. So plenty of ways for me to be useful till I get misplaced again."

There was no sorrow in her voice at that, simply her stating facts as she knew them. When Midori came with the food, Genkai wiggled close enough to try and rest against her as she delicately started eating her meal.

The exquisite and perfectly spiced meat, the harmony of flavors. Genkai moaned loudly in ecstasy, her eyes rolling in the back of her head as the flavors overtook her. And sent her to a state of pure bliss.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Wed May 15, 2019 11:17 am

Satori released a low hum as Genkai explained her skillset--and her weakness. A bad sense of direction. No wonder she had been abandoned. A ninja without a proper sense of direction was a difficult handicap to overcome, especially if it was due to a psychological problem that couldn’t be fixed easily. Satori rubbed his chin in thought for a few moments, before he glanced down at the soup that was put in front of him.

He smiled softly at Midori in silent thanks, lifting a bite to his lips as his incisors slid into his jaw, locking into place so they didn’t get in the way before he let out a low hum of enjoyment. Satori wasn’t a bad cook by any means, but what he made was focused on calories and nutrition. Taste was secondary. So often his food was of average taste, above-average at most, but incredibly good for you.

Midori actually enjoyed cooking, and it showed. As always, it tasted phenomenal.

Glancing up at Genkai, he finally spoke on her weakness. “I’ll make a Fuuinjutsu for you, though it may take me a bit. That will let those that know it track you, so you can never be lost,” he stated simply while he shifted the spoon in the bowl slightly.

“Blood-Ryuutei also can memorize and track smells for hundreds of meters, and those that are experienced can track even further up to many miles. You won’t be lost so easily,” his gaze flicked toward Midori and he grinned.

“Besides, Midori has a knack for nature as well. Between us and the seal, even if you do get lost, you’ll always be found.”

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Wed May 15, 2019 11:17 am

Midori nodded quietly at their reactions to the food, finally taking a bite for herself; this was one of the only ‘hobbies’ she actually had, and like everything, she put her heart and soul into it. It had taken a lot of trial and error, giving food to others and getting their opinions, even taking some to Kirigakure to get some advice from non-Ryuutei to perfect her art. It was the one thing that wasn’t focused on improving her capabilities to fight, and it was how she managed to remain sane and stay somewhat balanced. Midori could lose herself in her cooking, clear her mind, and focus on a single thing for a short time.

She listened to the pair as they talked, nodding as Satori came up with a good plan to handle the situation if she were to ever get lost. As if on cue, Midori turned towards a large python that had wound up in the house, reaching over with a hand to rub the back of her hand along the scales. The serpent looked towards Genkai for a moment, and then back to Midori, then slipped around her and under their legs towards the nearby brush. It was around twelve feet in length and about as big around as Satori’s arm, so nothing to scoff at, and Midori had instructed it to find a place to hide and hunt elsewhere or another Ryuutei might make it their dinner.

[19]

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 am

Genkai took time from being in heaven to tilt her head at Satori uncertaintly, "Can something like that really exist? And that tracking skill sounds super useful."

She was uncertain on that, but the thought of people who wouldn't let her disappear, and would validate that she existed rather than being a ghost that drifted ephemerally through existence would be nice. And at least for now, she could dream.

When the python came to look upon them she watched Midori pet the massive python and would attempt to mimic Midori's petting of it. And she looked at it inquisitively, "Not food? What is it for?"

Having never paid attention to anything past survival and skills to help her survive. She didn't ever notice pets, nor grasp the concept of creatures as companions rather than substance. But had no negative feelings toward the snake and would jump and gasp giddily as the snake moved under her legs, it's sensation setting off a cascade of sensation through her sensitive skin.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 am

Satori smiled softly at her inquisitive question and nodded once in reply. “The Ryuutei are an old Ninja Clan from before the founding of the villages. We’ve got quite a few tricks, honestly,” with this he then glanced briefly at the snake before arching a brow briefly at her question.

“A friend,” he answered for Midori idly, “The Ryutuei are the same, we have blood-ties with the cats and great Lion-Tribe,” as he stated this he nodded toward one of the flaps that was built into the side of the wall. It was a universal trait any home within the clan had, due to the clan’s blood-ties to the cats themselves.

The flap was a doorway just the right size for a large feline, and Satori glanced down at the girl as he spoke, “Don’t attack any of the felines, setting aside the fact many can tear a normal ninja to bits, there’s also the fact that they are our honored allies. It won’t end well either way,” he chuckled dryly as he took another bite of his food.

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Wed May 15, 2019 11:20 am

Midori finished her food; after savoring the first few bites of each, she ate rapidly so she could police up the dishes and start cleaning. The snake would allow her to touch it as it passed by, not seeming to mind the gentle caress of it’s scales as it vanished around a corner towards another exit. Midori only nodded at Satori’s assessment that it was a friend. She then began to pick up things, trying to get things sorted now so that the cleaning later would be a little more simple and efficient for later.

Already her mind was swimming with the things she would have to show her, the things that would need to be taught and instilled for her to survive. Midori had never really had much in the way of responsibility, so this was something new, and terrifying and exciting all at the same time. She felt like she was obligated to do things right, no matter what, when it came to taking care of Genkai. And that would mean preparing her for the trial and making sure she knew what it was going to take for her to be properly named in the clan.

Considering things, Genkai might actually take up a true different name… it would be interesting to see.

[20]

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 am

Genkai would nod skeptically at Satori, distrust heavily etched onto her features. After all nine years of loneliness and proof contradicting what she was being told. Was more than a not even an hour with a stranger, and just a few days with Midori.

But she would wait and see, either she was proven right, or she would be proven wrong. But regardless, she would wait to see.

When Satori told her of the cats and snakes being friends, and Midori nodding. Genkai would tilt her head, "Got it not food … but how can they be friends? They contribute nothing to day to day survival from what I've seen of other places that keep food - not food around. So what do they contribute?"

It would be clear in her voice that she understood that the cats and snakes were off limits. But rather confusion on a different world view.

Stretching, she'd guzzle the rest of the soup, and give a mighty yawn as she nestled against Midiori, "Welp! I need to finish of Mr. Deery-Deer, I promised him I wouldn't let him go to waste … and I'm usually, most of the time, good on my promises. And then I got a lot of work to do on the house … if there's a library I can break into, I'll go devour their books on construction and Engineering. Maybe Medical books. So I can be more useful, but past that … anything else I need to know or do before working on my kill? Honestly I'll do anything to belong to Midori. Well at least as long as she wants me, but I'm hers."

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 am

Satori simply finished his meal, though when Miyu inquired how they were friends his head tilted slightly. “They protect our borders, protect us, work with us as trackers and act as alarm systems. The Lion Tribe is also our clans contract for summoning techniques and fight by our sides as allies,” he explained easily enough. Gathering up the bowls carefully as they finished, shaking his head at Miyu’s question.

“There is always more to learn, but nothing pressing. By all means finish your deer,” his eyes then glanced toward Midori briefly, before he hauled himself up idly.

“We can spar tomorrow. You’ll have a lot on your plate today to get her acclimated. I’ll talk to father for you ahead of time, but you’ll still need to let him know you’ve brought in someone for the family,” with this he smiled. It was a simple smile, earnest to help her relax and know there was no risk of Miyu being removed. It simply needed to be made official. With that, he turned and lifted a hand in farewell. Turning and heading out the door to make his way toward the training grounds on his own for today.

// Thread Exit.

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 am

Midori noticed the distrustful look Genkai was giving, and part of her wanted to walk over and chop her in the head because she knew that Satori was probably the most trustworthy person she had ever met but she didn’t. This was the first interaction with human beings that Genkai had conducted in many years, so what was more amazing than her distrust for her brother was the complete and absolute faith that the little girl placed in her. How was it that she felt like she could trust Midori so instinctively? Perhaps a question for later.

She would figure it out, but she needed to be given a bit more time.

The talk with Kiyoshi she was a bit worried about, but the fact that Satori was going to warn him ahead of time meant that it was going to be a measure easier, if only for her nerves, and she gave him a thankful nod. Picking Genkai up and putting her onto her feet, Midori claimed all the dishes and brought them to the sink. She nodded as Satori left, knowing it was just about time to get cleaned up and get things together so that they could sleep. It would be an interesting journey from here on out.

“Let’s get cleaned up. We will talk.” It was a simple statement, but a promise that all the information that Midori had would be available to Genkai, and as a promise to that, she pulled out a large basket full of books on the Ryuutei, important laws, traditions, notes about the village, the family, and everything else that she took notes about. “Read these tomorrow. For now, we prepare for sleep.” And she began to clean the dishes.

//Thread Exit

[21]

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Genkai took her time taking care of her deer. As her face scrunched up as it digested everything, and it was a lot to take in. But if what they said was true, then for the first time ever, she'd finally have found a place to belong.

It was those thoughts that followed her, till she wrapped up, and was ready for a quick rinse and seeing what was next on the Agenda when she was greeted by the most beautiful sight ever. A proverbial mountain of books.

Drooling she was about to dive when Midiori adamantly chose to tease her with books, to be unread as they slept. But one thing was for certain. As scary as it was. That little thing called hope looked like it could be worthwhile after all.

// Thread Exit.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:16 am