Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A day in the life

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

A day in the life - Page 2 Empty Re: A day in the life

Post by Hibiki Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:45 am

“Just for you dear. One big breakfast, coming up.” said the matron as she filled up a tray before passing it onto the girl.  There was a mountain of food on the tray, perhaps even enough for three people.  The reason for this was simple, the girl could pack away a ridiculous amount of calories for someone her age.  Enough that some people openly questioned if she had a little Akimichi blood in her.

As far as the girl was aware that wasn’t the case.  As the doctor’s put it her enhanced strength from all the testing that had been done to her had come with an enhanced metabolism to match.  Though that said even she would start putting on more weight if it wasn’t for the sheer amount of running around and training that she typically engaged in.   She had a lot of energy so it was hard for her to sit around for long, but because she couldn’t sit still she needed to eat alot to maintain that energy. It was a vicious cycle. 

[23]

Last edited by Hibiki on Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:47 am

Her trey secured the girl glanced around the crowded chamber for a free seat. At the moment, by far the most important thing on her mind was where she was going to sit. It was such an incredibly normal thing for a ninja to be concerned about. So blatantly average and mundane. Unfortunately, this was the peak lunch rush, and it was proving difficult to find a seat, but then by chance her eyes stopped on a faraway table. Shockingly, every chair at the table was free. 

“Oh, look at that! This whole table is open!”  she said with glee before planting herself down in an open chair. It was only that  she realized there was a single person sitting diagonally across from her. A boy with striking green hair. 

The boy was already glaring at her with untold force.  Was this what it would feel like to accidentally fall into a Giant Hawks nest? The Great Raptors eyes would fill with rage at having its sleep interrupted.  Somehow the comparison made the boy seem just a bit less intimidating in retrospect.   

A day in the life - Page 2 _fa__villain_deku_glare__fake_screenshot__by_digisketchpad_dekej81-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMTI4OWQyYzUtOWM0NC00MTZjLWE4M2UtY2IzYmFhZmNhNGQyXC9kZWtlajgxLTcxNDIyYTE5LTEzODMtNDY2ZS05ZjFjLWI3YTE5MjlhYWMzNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19

[24]

Last edited by Hibiki on Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:48 am

“Hello,” she said, raising up a fork in a friendly greeting. This earned her an even more menacing look for some inexplicable reason. Hang on a minute, that green boy…now that she was thinking about it she remembered him. And as she stared at him impertinently, it became clear he remembered her too. His face, already scary, grew even more peeved. 

After shooting her a glare that might have killed someone weaker, the green boy silently went back to his meal, his fork listlessly traveling between his plate and his lips. The girl copied him, doing much the same thing with her spoon, passively noting how the boy always seemed to be glaring at her whenever they met. She had no idea on earth what she’d done to deserve such treatment. She thought about it for a moment, bringing a hand to her bountiful chest, but alas nothing came to mind. 

[25]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 am

This large, broad table was big enough to seat ten people, and she was sitting here with nobody but the green haired boy. The entire dining hall was packed, and yet the two of them seemed strangely isolated.

“Oh, hey!” she said with a wave of her free hand as a little ways away she spotted a couple familiar faces.  It was her neighbours from the rooms to the left and right of hers. They were both standing, trays in hand.  She signalled to them that there was open space where she was. But they shook their heads, refusing to take another step. What were they trying to tell her? She had no idea.  She thought shaking your head meant no, but that had to be wrong in this case, didn’t it?

[26]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 am

“Everybody’s afraid of me,” The green haired boy grumbled abruptly as if to answer her silent confusion.  Afraid of him?  Try as she might, the girl couldn’t imagine the reason why.  There was nothing scary about him. He might have a habit of shooting people with mean looks, but even so he still seemed harmless enough as far as she was concerned.  

“I’m not…” She said resolutely, Her eyes sparkling with excitement now that he was finally talking back to her.  In response she scooted one seat over, positioning herself right in front of her as if to silently say she didn’t fear him in the least. 

“This table’s kind of exclusively for me.” snarled the boy as if to shoo her away, as if the girl could be deterred so easily.  She had a look on her face that begged the question of why the table was reserved only for him when it was essentially supposed to be for every resident of the building.

[27]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:27 am

“Let me make one thing crystal clear. I didn’t ask for this.”  explained the boy.  That was news to her.  With how standoffish the boy was being, she was starting to think that maybe, just maybe he wanted to be left alone. But that couldn’t be it could it?   There were few things more lonely in her experience than having to eat by yourself all the time.  

“Wait, are you being bullied or something?” She asked, her voice filled with more than a small touch of concern.  Not that she usually noticed when it was directed at her but after the verbal go Innothenthe had taken at her the other day she was particularly sensitive to the topic since it had blown up into this big thing with Nao stepping in to defend her and Kaori picking a fight.  

“Who’s being bullied here? Me?” The boy asked in confusion, pointing to himself  with a dark sardonic frown which only deepened the girl’s concern.  It seemed to her eyes that the boy was majorly deflecting his troubles which would go a long way towards explaining his  major attitude problem. 

[28]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 am

“Well, if you ever feel like someone’s bullying you please tell me. I’m sure if I go talk to them for you we can all be friends.”  She suggested.  The nice thing about other humans was that they could understand one another, it was all just a matter of talking. 

“You… you’re a real idiot, aren’t you?” The boy said questioningly as he looked up from his lunch and glared at her for what felt like the one thousandth time today.. He’d just called her an idiot  and here she had been seriously worrying about him.  So much for humans being able to understand each other if they could just talk because frankly she just couldn’t figure this guy out. He’d said he hadn’t asked to be left alone at the table and yet he was doing everything in his power to try and chase her away

[29].

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:30 am

“I don’t know how you did it Hibiki. How a dumbass like you got into the chunnin exam while an Elite like myself with over 50 missions under his belt got passed over.” He complained.  “And yet somehow you got an invitation when you haven’t completed a single mission.  Admit it, you must have cheated the admission system.”  accused the green haired boy, jabbing an accusing finger at her.  Is that what his attitude was all about? He was sore she’d been chosen to take the exam when he had not. 

“That’s not true. I’ve done one mission.”  countered Hibiki pointing out the mistake in his intel and unknowingly pouring more fuel onto the fire since the difference between zero missions and one was negligible.  She’d gone and filled in the giant crater the bug bijuu had left by the gates with more than a little help from her friend Nakaba.  As far as  missions went, what should have been a rather mundane construction job had turned into a rather wacky adventure. 

[30]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 am

“It must have been one hell of a mission to get you into the exams. What did you rescue a princess? Or maybe you performed a assassination of some high level executive?”  said the green haired boy sarcastically, well aware that she had done no such thing.   The renown one would get from pulling off such a feat would have people whispering about her on the streets.  

Well not that there weren’t whispers about her, but they weren’t entirely of the positive kind.  People were talking about a strangely energetic but somewhat dumb girl running around trying to make friends with practically everyone she met. 

“Nu uh.  It was just a construction job.”  Corrected Hibiki in another moment where she probably would have been better keeping her mouth shut.  Usually she was a little better at showing discretion but something about this guy made her want to keep talking, maybe in hopes that she could make him her friend after all.

[31]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 am

“I knew it. You must have cheated somehow. It’s the only possible explanation.”  growled the green haired boy, slamming an angry fist against the table.   If she had cheated somehow that was news to her.  What could she say to make this silly boy understand that she had done things legitimately?  Maybe I’m just that good.... Nah bragging like that seemed likely to just set him off even more. 

“That’s totally not true! I swear.”  She insisted.  “I know I might not seem super skilled or anything, but I've been training really hard and I wouldn't cheat to get ahead. That's just not who I am."   On that one point she was firm.  People called her a lot of things an she couldn’t care less, but cheater was not one of those.

"I guess I understand why people might think that, On paper, I'm not as experienced as some of the other ninja.   But  trust me when I say I’ve been through a lot.  I’ve really earned my spot in the Chunin exam fair and square!"   She’d been thought part of the war as a child soldier and was no stranger to fighting…. If anything she was more prepared than most for the challenges that laid ahead of her. 

[32]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 am

Hopefully her words had cleared things up and convinced him that she wasn’t a cheater or anything like that.  She really cared about being a ninja and proving herself and didn’t want to do anything to mess that up.   If anything, given what had been done to her, being a ninja was practically the only way she knew of to make a living.  

The main reason the Doctors had approved her continuing on despite her limited brainpower was because her other employment options should she be cut loose where even less wholesome.  She’d either end up on the streets a beggar,  or have no choice but to become sell her body.    At least being a ninja would give her a chance at a reasonably normal life.

"So yeah, I hope you believe me! And if you ever want to train together or something, I'm totally up for it.”  She offered.  If he really insisted she’d have no trouble showing him just what she was capable of.

[33]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:04 am

“Me train with a girl? As if I’d lower myself to do such a thing.” said the boy. For some strange reason he was looking away from her, his face a deep shade of red.  For her part the girl couldn’t understand what he was getting all flustered for.  What difference did it make that she was a girl?  She could fight just as well if not better than most boys.

“Your loss then.” replied the girl with a shrug.  Even if he wouldn’t train with her, somebody else would.  She was pretty sure that if she asked any of the other exam takers they would happily take her up on the offer without a second thought.  In fact she’d already trained with a good chunk of them already. Maybe it was time to give one of the one’s she hadn’t a call.   She had been meaning to talk to Sera again anyhow so that was as good as a reason as any.

[34]

Last edited by Hibiki on Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:06 am

“Bah… That’s no loss at all” grumbled the green haired boy  “The exams are an honorable event with a long history. One only the truly strong may attend. Someone as sloppy and slapdash as you should never be admitted to them.  To think you would get in just because Her Ladyship recommended you…”  he shook his head in disbelief and maybe just maybe more than a tad of jealousy. 

Was she sloppy? She didn’t think so.  Her hair was well combed and her uniform was neat and tidy.  Sure she tended to be a bit on the forgetful side, like for example she couldn’t remember the boy’s name but was that really such a big deal?  She’d remember it eventually if they interacted together long enough.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get into the exams next time.” she said as she reached out a hand and placed it on the boy's head reassuringly.  For some odd reason this made him turn even more red to the point his race was beginning to resemble a tomato

[35]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 am

“Don’t touch me.”  The boy growled as he swatted away her hand. He was surprisingly strong since he’d hit her hard enough for it to sting which didn’t happen that often given how tough she was.   It was mildly amusing for her to think that he’d be the one with his hand stinging if she’d steeled up, not that she’d bother doing that for some petty argument. 

“Sorry about that.,... what was your name again? ”apologized Hibiki forlornly.  Given how she generally felt about strangers touching her she should have known better than to touch someone before they had even become friends.   She couldn’t blame him for being angry at her this time, not when  she’d done something so insensitive.

[36]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:03 am

“For crying out loud, that’s the third time you’ve asked me that.  It is I, the great Zebas.  Remember it already” said Zebas who seemed like he was almost about to have an aneurysm before letting out a deep breath which seemed to calm him down soom.  

“Whatever. Just try to embarrass the village at the exams you dweeb.”   Zebas said standoffish as he finished his meal and then stood up.  “You might be ahead of me for now Bakabeki but I’ll catch up soon enough and show you how a real ninja does things.”   he said, slapping a derogatory nickname on her and shooting her one final glare before storming out of the mess hall. 

Once again she was at a loss. What was a real ninja anyway if she wasn’t one now?  And what did it really matter if one of them was stronger than the other?   Nao had beaten her in a sparring match and all that did was make her admire his strength and fuel her desire to improve herself.   

[37]

Last edited by Hibiki on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am; edited 3 times in total

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:07 am

It was funny how comparing Zebas and Nao almost made them seem like they weren’t even members of the same species.  Nao was gentle and kind, While Zebas was hot headed and rude.   If she could only pick one of the two to hang out with for a day  she’d pick Nao in a hot second and wouldn’t look back…. At least he didn’t make her want to cry after an encounter.

The first thing she had learned at Hades was that crying got her nowhere.  Tears were for the weak, and weakness as a test subject meant death.   She had decided to focus solely on becoming strong and surviving.  She had closed off her heart  to keep them from hurting her but not that it was starting to open again, sometimes even simple insults like the one Zebas had aimed at her could get through her thick skin and wound her. 

A day in the life - Page 2 1d9b96af-7096-4dcb-8fd0-f5734cfd0832

[38]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 am

It was rare that she would pick a fight but Zebas had thrown the first punch in a metaphorical sense.  She hadn’t cared before but now she kind of felt like rubbing it in his face that she was the better ninja after all even if it was a little petty of her.   Maybe if she got a few more missions under her belt before the exams began he’d have to admit that she wasn’t a cheater.   

Even better, maybe she could get him to take back that Bakabeki remark.  At any rate she needed to get him to apologize to her first if they were going to become friends.  Though maybe she didn’t need a friend like him when he was starting to make the belligerent Innocence feel cute in comparison. 

[39]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 am

The only problem was she didn’t exactly have a team for some inexplicable reason which meant she was limited to the kinds of missions she could do on her own which were… well not the kind he’d find all that respectable.   There wasn’t much time until the exam either so she couldn’t make it up with sheer volume either.  Not when she still needed to train and hone herself.  What was a girl to do?

Maybe the mission office could help her.  It wasn’t like the Hokage had to literally delegate everything to the grunts.  There were people there who would hand out low level  routine missions to ninja looking to make a little extra spending money.   The missions wouldn’t be much to write home about, stuff like cleaning a ditch or mowing a lawn but it would still be better than nothing.

“Down the hatch.” said Hibiki to herself as she began to shovel the remainder of her meal into her mouth.  She’d spent too much time talking to Zebas and thinking, not enough eating.  She needed to finish quickly so that she could get to work. 

[40]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 am

Fast forwarding to a little later in the day the girl was standing in the reception area of the mission office looking at a bulletin board.  Practically every inch of the board had been covered with notes donating various missions that were available.  There was a heavy frown on her face as she gazed over the details.    She could read, at least a little bit but here she was having trouble since the wording on most notes contained lots of words she couldn’t parse. 

Well at least the rank part was simple enough.  Even she could tell single letters apart though for the life of her she didn’t understand why they used S to donate the highest rank of things for stuff like techniques and missions.  It just didn’t fit the rest of the pattern.   The lower the letter was on the alphabet the higher it was for the system.  That part was easy to understand so what was with a random higher letter being at the top of the ranks?

[41]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 am

The girl sighed.  From the looks of things she wasn’t going to be able to get very far on her quest to pick out a mission on her own.   Turning towards the front desk she could see one of the clerks was available for consultation.  Good just what the doctor had ordered.  Maybe she’d have better luck asking them then banging her head on a wall trying to decipher what these notes meant.

The receptionist was a mature and very pretty lady and she gave the girl a professional smile from her seated position on the other side of the desk as the girl stood before her.  

A day in the life - Page 2 323936

“Yes, can I help you with something?”  asked the receptionist lady following the standard script..  For her this was just another standard interaction that she dealt with dozens of times a day if not more.  

“Yes, I’d like to take on a mission or two, but I’m not quite sure which would suit me.”  replied Hibiki tactfully, not wanting to admit out loud that she was having trouble reading the notes.  She wasn’t very good at admitting her faults to strangers, mainly because it was kind of annoying being called dumb right to your face. 

[42]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am

“Well to start, what sort of skills are you good at?”  asked the receptionist hoping to get a better read on the girl. A gennin with Suiton for example might be suited for watering a lawn whereas one with Kaiton could help with garbage disposal. 

“I’m good at Punching I suppose.”  replied Hibiki, making an attempt at sounding humble.   She didn’t want to brag about her strength to much, not after seeing the way people had reacted to Zebas droning on and on about how elite and special he was. 

“Right…. I’m not sure that’s quite relevant to most D-rank missions.” replied the receptionist, giving a strained chuckle.   Most people replied either with which element they were good at or with some kind of lifestyle skill like that they could cook well. For once she wasn’t quite sure what to do. This girl she was dealing with was a bit of an oddball to say the least.

[43]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 am

“Ok then…” The receptionist decided to try a different tactic. If she couldn’t pull useful information directly from talking to the girl then she’d just have to read her file.  “Please tell me your name.” she asked.  She didn’t bother asking for rank since that much at least was obvious.  Not all Chunnin wore the standard issue vest but none of them would need to consult with her about what type of mission suited them.  If they hadn’t figured that much out already they wouldn’t have made Chunin in the first place.

“I’m Hibiki…..” the girl started to reply before realizing that she’d forgotten to include her last name. Hibiki Mercury.”  she said cheerfully introducing herself.  After that.... incident with Zebas it felt extra nice to be speaking to someone who was being kind to her.

[44]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 am

“Right then Miss Mercury. Please wait here for a moment while I consult your profile.”  With a nod the receptionist stood up then walked over to door that was only accessible to authorized personnel.  

Unlocking it with a special key she entered a room with a row that contained nothing but a row of filing cabinets, opening the drawer that was marked H she pulling out the relevant folder which was filled witha surprising amount of paperwork for a gennin.  Skimming it over her face slowly turned more pale as she read the details.      

“By the sage of the six paths…” muttered the receptionist in a mix of shock and disgust.  That poor girl. Nobody should have to go through all the things she had.  After everything that had happened she thought that Hibiki should probably have been placed in a special needs caring facility, not out playing ninja but it wasn’t her job to decide things like that. All she could do was hand out missions.

[45]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 am

“Ms. Mercury…. Actually may I call you Hibiki-chan?” asked the receptionist when she returned.  A question that had Hibiki happily nodding her head in ascent.  She didn’t know how or why but it looked like she’d made another friend. 

“Well Hibiki-chan I think I’ve got the perfect missions just for you.”  replied the receptionist with an extra friendly smile.  It was like she was trying to compensate for all the pain and suffering that Hibiki had been thought by showing her an extra dose of kindness.

“Missions? As in more than just one?”  Asked Hibiki. She’d come to pick one and now she was getting more? Talk about getting more bang for her buck then expected. 

[46]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am

“Yes, you see these two missions are related to each other and both in the same place so it shouldn’t be too much trouble.”  said the Receptionist reassuringly as she placed two of the notes from the board onto the table for Hibiki to glance over.

“This…” said the receptionist, tapping the first note  “Is a Mission to walk some dogs.”  She now knew that Hibiki couldn’t read very well and so was taking the time to explain what the missions entailed.    “And this one is to groom them.  Simple right?”  Asked the receptionist.

“Yay.”  All Hibiki had to do was report to a place called the The 'Happy Puppy' and look after a few dogs.  She had to agree that it did seem simple.   She’d encountered some hunting dogs a couple times during the war, those ones that that one dog clan used.  Those had been fierce, in comparison how much trouble could a few domesticated woofers be? 

Mission Name: Dog Walker
    Mission Type: Chore
    Mission Rank: D
    Mission Goal: Walk the dogs
    Description: The 'Happy Puppy' Dog Groomers has a group of dogs that need to be taken for a work, but the manager doesn't have the room to free any of his staff. The Manager is willing to hire someone to take the dogs out for a walk. Be sure to clean up after them if they leave any little messes.
    Payment: 10,000 Ryo
    Requirements: Genin+

Mission Name: Dog Grooming Service
    Mission Type: Chore
    Mission Rank: D
    Mission Goal: Help to wash and groom the dogs.
    Description: The 'Happy Puppy' Dog Groomers are overwhelmed due to overbooking and lack of staff. The manager is requesting urgent aid for a shinobi or team of shinobi to lend a hand and held out for the day.
    Payment: 10,000 Ryo
    Requirements: Genin+

[47]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:05 pm