Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Fists of Fury

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Fists of Fury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fists of Fury

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 am

Nao had a point she supposed..  The people in Hade hadn’t given a rats ass about what jutsu the test subjects used against each other in practice.  If one ended up dead then that just meant they were weak, a failure.  In the end they would be reduced to nothing more then another data point. Things were different here.    The Doctor who had rehabilitated her had told her in no uncertain terms that there were some jutsu you should never use against a comrade, not even as a joke.  Hibiki still wasn’t exactly clear on what those jutsu exactly where but Nao seemed to think he had gone and used one in their last match. 

“Yeah well, I used a technique that I wasn’t supposed to for sparring matches too so that makes us even.”   said Hibiki adamantly referring to how she had steeled up partly through their match.  With the extra weight behind her momentum it was a small miracle that she hadn’t accidentally hurt Nao more when she’d tackled him. 

“Oh wow.”  exclaimed Hibiki since she lacked the proper words to express the absolute sense of wonderment she felt as Nao explained what the shadow clone was some more and demonstrated it again for her to see.  

She’d heard the phrase two for the price of one before but she hadn’t felt like she’d truly understood what that meant until this moment.  It was absolutely bewitching to see the second Nao… or maybe she should call him Shadow Nao perform a raiton jutsu to prove that he was more than just some mere illusion.  It was like someone had taken the standard clone jutsu she knew how to use and cranked it up to 11. 

Without thinking of the danger she was potentially putting herself into, Hibiki went to mimic the hand sign Nao had used attempting to conjure up a Shadow clone herself. It was a classic case of Monkey see monkey do.  Sadly her attempt only resulted in a small puff of smoke to the right of her accompanied by a sad little toot sound.   Either she didn’t have enough chakra to pull off the technique or it was too advanced for her to cast.  Most likely it was a combination of both.  

Well it was a good thing she hadn’t divided her chakra at any rate since she hardly had any left to begin with.   Cutting what remained in half like that could have easily landed her in the hospital or worse.  

“So in a way your clan focuses on attacking the spirit instead of the flesh. That’s a pretty clever way of going about things” Hibiki commented artfully to show him that she was listening.  The way Nao had explained it was simple enough for even her to understand.   No wonder the steel covering her flesh hadn’t helped much. 

“Maybe I could stop the bleeding with some kind of bandage…. Not sure how I’d apply it during the middle of a match though.”  She muttered to herself not even realizing she was speaking to herself.  So what if she’d lost, that just meant she had more room to improve and could just try and try again until she got things right.   Better to lose here in a training match than under real world conditions. 

“I’ve never had this… ramen before. Is it good?” Asked Hibiki curiously. There was a burning intensity in her eyes that rivalled the one she exuded when asking to learn a new jutsu.   To be fair she hadn't eaten a lot of other foods that most people would consider to be fairly mundane so most were still a new experience for her. 

[7]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Post by Nao Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm

Nao watched as Hibiki attempted the same hand sign that he had to create the clone, he probably should have warned her about the low chakra problem she had before she had attempted it. "It requires a large amount of chakra to make a copy, as well as concentration. You'll have to wait till you are fully recovered before you could do something like that." Nao would state after the fact, so that she wouldn't think that she had done something wrong with trying to do it.

"That is a way of looking at it yes," Nao replied to Hibiki's understanding of how his clan worked in combat. When she mentioned using a bandage to stop the chakra bleed, Nao would chuckle slightly. "I will tell you the secret to fighting the chakra bleed, it's weakness as it were since you are my friend, but I would prefer it to stay just between us. Can't have everyone knowing how to defend against my attacks, can I." Nao started with a smile as he leaned in closer to Hibiki, "if you concentrate your chakra you can use it to stop the wound. It's a simple thing, but you must be aware of you chakra system and to changes within it. When the bleed starts you focus your chakra and force it to close the opening within the system, you do this properly and you don't have to worry about the bleed."

Nao was shocked to hear that Hibiki had never had ramen before, he had never met anyone that had not had it. A smile would form on his face again, getting wider by the second. "Oh, it is good, and the place I wish to show you is the best in the world." Nao proclaimed, he wasn't wrong, at least not in his eyes. He had ramen from many different vendors throughout the village, but Ichiraku's was the best. He had not traveled outside the village however, but he doubted that anyone could match the skill and the flavor that Ichiraku had.

Stamina: A
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A++
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 am

“A large amount huh? Maybe I just don’t have enough to begin with even if I wasn’t tried.”  replied Hibiki, giving a shrug about the situation.   “I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m above average stamina wise but I’m sage.”  she clarified referring to the sage of the six paths as the benchmark for having a godly amount of energy.    Come to think of of it, if the jutsu required a large amount of chakra  that meant that Nao must have a pretty good reserve of energy himself since he had cast it not once, but twice. 

“I swear I won’t tell a soul. Cross my heart and hope to die.”  said Hibiki as she made the gesture to go along with the words. Because she wasn’t the brightest bulb in the shed, Hibiki was typically easily bamboozled. But if Nao was going to entrust her with such an important secret then she was bound and determined to keep it no matter what. 

“You know, I’ve never really thought all that much about moving the chakra inside me. It just…. Sort of happens on its own.”  Hibiki said, not sure how to explain the way she did things when it came to casting jutsu.  Using it for doton or koton simply came instinctive for her.  Not that it made her a prodigy or anything since she couldn’t get that far with learning new jutsu for them on her own.

Concentrating on her navel she tried to willingly swirl chaka around inside of her, but it felt sluggish,  almost more like it was gelatin rather than water.  Of course whatever Nao had done to stop her from bleeding out more Chakra probably had something to do with that.   She’d have to practice more once she recovered her usual energy levels. She had a feeling she’d get further with that then with trying to further pursue  the shadow clone business. 

“The best in the world.  Alright now I HAVE to have some.”  said Hibiki excitedly, her mouth already starting to drool a little in anticipation.  “Please lead the way my good fellow.”  she asked. She’d never been to this Ichiraku place before so it wasn’t like she was in a position to be able to take them there, well not unless they wanted to get lost.

[8]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Post by Nao Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 pm

Nao would smile at Hibiki's comment of crossing her heart as she motioned it with her hands, normally if someone did that he would be skeptical of them but with Hibiki it felt different. It was as if she actually meant it and wasn't making the jester as a joke of any kind, her eyes told the truth of it. She would keep the secret, and that was enough for him to tell her. He would watch silently as through his Byakugan he would see her try to manipulate her chakra, putting to practice what he had explained to her briefly before giving up. While he mentally applauded her effort, it was now too late to try to fix it through chakra. Unless she had a way of gathering more chakra, she would just need to rest and let the recovery occur naturally.

Happy to see her excitement of going, Nao would turn and begin leading the way out of the training facility and to the ramen shop. It wasn't going to be a long walk, Ichiraku was smart and had his shop on the most traveled street in Konoha, right down the road from the training facility. Making their way down the street, it wouldn't take them more than a couple of minutes to reach the shop. Stepping to the side, Nao would point towards the shop. "Here we are," Nao stated as he motioned for Hibiki to go in.

Exit attempt?

Stamina: A
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A++
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:19 pm

To Hibiki’s surprise the Raman shop really was close by, barely a hop skip and a jump away from the training facility.   In fact, like a dog chasing a stick she’d passed right by it on the way to train without even noticing its existence.  The prospect of trying a new type of food for the first time had her heart beating with genuine excitement which for once wasn’t exaggerated as Nao stepped aside like the gentleman he was to allow her to entire the store first.    There was nothing quite like sharing a good meal with good company. 

“Itadakimasu” Hibiki said as she entered the shop, headless of the fact that the two of them going together could technically constitute a Date.  So far today had been a great experience and the day was far from over.  Who knew what further adventures awaited during their meal….

[9]

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:52 am