Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Enemies at the Gate

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: 2nd Tomoe Sharingan, Fire, Wind and Lightning Elements
    Class: C
    Ryo: 1,500

Enemies at the Gate Empty Enemies at the Gate

Post by Maverick Uchiha Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Missions Underway:

This was the second time in as many weeks that Maverick had been summoned by someone he did not know. All he had been told was that he would be sent out to a village on the outskirts of the Land of Fire. He could not recall the name, he had been informed it was unimportant. The sun had just started to rise above the forest canopy. He had been waiting for about ten minutes not to long since he was thirty minutes early to meet his new partner. He turned and looked behind him at the gates to Konoha. The had always seemed larger than life to him. "I wonder what used to walk to these that they needed to be this large."

He knew it would not be to much longer now before him and his new mystery partner set off to where ever they were headed. Adjusting his jacket over his shoulders he reached behind him feeling the Uchiha crest sown across the back. He made sure his Leaf headband was strapped tightly to his left arm. He looked down at his right arm, at the Hyuuga crest adorning the plain black cloth. It was always weird when he was given a new partner. He had still not let the loss of Maes go. It did not matter today, he would give his all and who ever his new partner was he would be sure to make them proud.

Renown: 0
    Stats:
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (++ from Jade Pendant)(+ from Lifestyle)
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C (C++ With Sharingan Active)

Attunement Slots:
    1: Jade Pendant (++ to Stamina)
    2:
    3:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6742-maverick-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6729-maverick-uchiha
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6743-maverick-s-techniques#54161
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Enemies at the Gate Empty Re: Enemies at the Gate

Post by Tengoku Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:52 pm

The boy wouldn't have to wait too long. Even though he was retired Tengoku still took an interest in raising up the youth. His fear of the Uchiha had been waning for some time. They had proven valuable allies to him despite their rough past. Even Kimiko who he had put a bounty on once upon a time seemed content now that both her primary enemies had left or died from the village. Hell she hadn't even threatened him really when he interrupted a meeting with her present. Still he would take an interest in this new kid. A file in his hand about one Maverick Uchiha. Maverick reminded him of both Hanabi and Ren so he had taken an interest. Some said he was a promising young man who was studying Ninjutsu at an alarming rate. Normally they wouldn't let a genin go on dangerous B ranks. At least not with a couple of chunnin or a special jounin with them. However Tengoku carried a little weight in the village still. So in his boredom he had the kid assigned with him to take on a series of missions. He guaranteed his safety and had his name removed from the mission request. It would be best if the young man didn't feel overconfident with an ex Hokage with him. It would skew the results.

Instead Tengoku would collect one of the animal armors from the armory and his wakizashi. Using a shoulder holster on the dog armor for it. With that he would use transformation jutsu to appear to be a mid sized wolf. White in fur and fluffy as all get out. Only his eyes remained the same. The whites of his eyes turned black and his iris were glowing golden crosses. A dojutsu he had never met anyone of note that shared it with him. With that a wolf in a flack jacket with a legendary wakizashi would stand outside his apartment. Careful to utilize chakra suppression. It meant he couldn't use chakra sensory at the same time but his senses were keen enough that he shouldn't need it. Just in case this Uchiha had the ability to see chakra. He would trot to the gate. His eyes spotting the young man really quickly. Idly his tail would swish once and his ears would twitch. He would shift over to the young man with a sniff...the coat was...old. A keepsake with a different clan symbol? Must be important to him. Still he would stop before him and sit. Black and gold eyes looking up to him as he spoke. His voice normal despite the dog mouth.

"You must be Maverick. I am you're partner for the missions today. I assume you looked over the briefing? We are going on three B rank missions. Kill missions at that. Are you fully prepared boy? Oh and Call me Ten."

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:31 pm

Maverick stood there confused staring at the wolf that had just walked up to him. It had a flak jacket and sword strapped to its shoulder. It was adorable beyond all reason, with its fluffy looking fur and black gold eyes. As he was about to follow the urge to reach out and pet what he believed was the goodest boy to ever good boy it spoke. The confusion had taken hold one hundred percent now. Maybe this was a summon, he had heard of ninja dog summons and knew summons could talk. "I uh have read the mission debriefing uh Sir?" He was not sure of the rank of this summon but was sure it out ranked him. "Defend village X from a group of bandits that have been raiding their area. Track to bandit hideout and eliminate the left overs." It was a weird feeling reporting to an animal but looking down. Those ears looked like velvet, the coat made of clouds and those eyes pierced Maverick to his core. It took every ounce of restraint not to burry his face into the shaggy fur. However this did bring a new question to the forefront of Maverick's mind. What kind of difficulty was this mission? It said B-Rank but it was just him and a summon. "Sir when is the rest of the team arriving?"

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6742-maverick-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6729-maverick-uchiha
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6743-maverick-s-techniques#54161
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:00 pm

Tengoku would listen to the bare minimum summary of it all. His ear twitching as he contemplated if there was really anything else to add. That said it would only be the beginning of their missions today. His black and gold eyes took in the young man before he nodded. It was good enough of a summary for him. Though the question on when the rest of their team would be arriving spoke leagues to the lack of confidence. Tengoku would let his tail swish once before speaking up in return. His voice casually bias on the whole question. Speaking plainly.

"You and I are it kid. But nothing out there can take me in a straight up fight anyway and I am a tracker nin. So we will have advantage of situational awareness, positioning and aside from that the enemy can't use chakra. If you can't fight a normal criminal even as a genin I don't know how well you will do against other ninja. But doubtfully living up to your clans standard. But prove me wrong and let the fire burn. Lets be off for now. I am too impatient to wait around by the gate long. Don't dawdle."

Tengoku would raise to his paws before casually walking to the gate. Their papers for the mission already filed. So they would open slowly for him. The manned gate swinging open to reveal the road as they opened just before their usual hour. He could have gone around of course but why bother? Still he would move out to the road and glance up. Using the positioning of the sun he would turn to head off the path. Ready to make a B line for the village in question. Though he would pause and glance back at Maverick with a serious tone to his voice.

"If you can't handle killing...turn back now. You are only going to end up dead or get someone else killed with hesitation in your heart. Now lets head straight there. I will let you know before anything comes across our path. I will follow the pace you set....No offense but you can't keep up with my speed."

Tengoku could have boosted him but for now he would let it be at that. Instead he would begin to lead the way in a straight line along the forest floor at D rank speed. Giving Maverick either the option to keep up or to take the lead if he could manage it. Whatever speed he accomplished Tengoku would match it. Running on all fours along side the young Uchiha. His sensory stretching out to five hundred meters of safety zone.

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:34 pm

Maverick nodded his acknowledgment of the situation at hand. The wolf was right bandits should be of little issue even for a Genin. He did as the animal suggested and took the lead setting off at a swift enough pace to not make him to tired. As he ran his mind wondered if the wolf meant any disrespect to his clan earlier. He decided to push the subject wanting to make sure they were on the same page. "I meant no disrespect about waiting for others. I have just never been on a mission before this high rank with this few bodies." He turned back looking ahead as to not run face first into a tree or bush. "I do not have a problem with killing either, when needed." He had killed a handful of bandits and lower rank missing nin. He had killed the rogue who slew Maes without a second thought.

The mission debriefing he had read earlier mentioned the village they were headed to was nearby. He slowed his speed looking around for any sign of foot traffic in the area, bandit or otherwise. "Sir I think we are getting close, the village should be just up ahead." Maverick stopped hearing the sounds of the village about a hundred meters or so through the trees. "Sir before we continue I need to say something." He took a deep breath and swallowed. "I am not sure what issues you may have with the Uchiha but I can promise you one thing. No matter what the success of the mission comes second. The safety of the villagers should be the most important matter at hand. I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. You do not have to worry about me."

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:27 am

Tengoku would sense the village ahead of them but no enemy signatures. There were just the injured and average signatures. None were fluctuating as if they were in a battle but some were weak. Likely the injured from his best guest. They may have fended off a bandit attack but likely not without injuries...or casualties. He was considering avoiding the village altogether. They were not med nin and could offer little in the way of help for their current situation. Only retribution for it. He would pause in his thoughts as the young Uchiha would speak up about his issues with his clan. A gold and black gaze would shift to the young man as they slowed. Coming to a stop a fair distance from the village. He could smell smoke from some fires and even the blood from the battle. Still he would sit on his haunches and shake his head. Sighing as he did so.

"You misunderstand me boy. I know strong members of your clan. Kimiko, Nyg, Satomi, Ren and Hanabi. Those are your standard. Those powerhouses are what I expect you to live up to. For now there is a different battle ahead. Follow me but keep quiet and hidden."

With that Tengoku would turn. Walking in a slow trot closer to the village before stopping at the treeline. Around the village was a makeshift defensive perimeter. They had dug out a small moat and placed wooded spikes between them and the outside. A couple of dead bandits had been pushed into this and left there after the fight. Within that barrier the bandits had clearly broken through. A couple more bodies littered the ground with arrows in them. But a few of the buildings had been burned down. From where they were they could see people moving around the town square. Treating the many injured....What was worse was the white blankets over rows of bodies. They had fought back and driven off the initial attack but it had cost lives. Too impatient to wait for help they had requested. Choosing to fight. It was admirable but foolish given their lack of ability. There was maybe one decent archer among them. Still Tengoku would settle on his haunches again as he spoke quietly.

"Likely they will just consider me a summon or pet of yours. So I will leave any talking to you. So will you got to the people or avoid it entirely? They will be feared with anger and pain so likely they won't react kindly. Can you settle their fear? If so you must approach with confidence and authority. You must not waver. If not....we will leave them to their sorrow and I will track these bandits now."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:13 pm

It took Maverick only a moment to make the choice. "We need to check the town, our first duty was to defend the town and its people. We can follow the bandits after we have made sure we are not NEEDED here." He made sure to emphasis the word to get his point across. He wanted to track down these monsters almost as much as he knew the towns folk needed to be checked on. He nodded to the summon still confused on why it was sent with him instead of a flesh and blood shinobi. They made there way down the hill at a swift pace Maverick trying to not look like he was rushing to the gate. An arrow hit the ground a few meters ahead of him instantly stopping his momentum.

"HALT! Stay right there you two!" He could see some movement through the cracks in the log wall. In an instant the gate flew open with ten men in a mixture of age rushing out wielding makeshift spears. As they surrounded Maverick and the wolf he could see them clearly now. Half the "men" were young boys maybe thirteen at most, the rest looked like they should be in bed healing. One man had fresh bandages around his head covering an eye. Another with his arm in a sling, he wielded a dagger with his good arm. One man with a bow slung over his back looked fighting fit, he seemed to be their leader as he approached. "What are you doing out here son? This is no place for a boy and his dog."

"I am Maverick Uchiha, I am a shinobi from Konoha. We have come to aid you against the bandits per your request." He turned slightly to the right showing him the Leaf headband on his left arm. He held his arms out to the sides hoping to she he meant no harm. "We, my dog and I, would like to come into the town to help." Maverick slowly pulled his backpack to the front opening it as he pulled out a vial of red liquid. "We have brought some medicine and a few other supplies but not enough for those who are seriously wounded. We can send a message back to Konoha to send a force of medical ninja to help." He saw the expression on the mans face sour.

"You are a day late, they attacked yesterday morning." He turned back motioning for them to follow leading them into the town. "We had been waiting for reinforcements from the leaf. We figured we had a few more days before the bandits attacked. They found a small path through the mountains which cut their time in half." His fist clenched as the venom in his voice sprayed with anger. They walked past the town square the mans eyes lingering on the rows of the dead. He stopped before a wooden building opening the door gesturing for them to enter. As his eyes adjusted from the midday sun to the torch lit interior.

An old man sat in a chair made of stone at the far end of the room. "This is our village elder, he is the one who called for aid." Maverick knelt down out of respect before returning to his feet. "I apologies we were not here earlier Sir. My name is Maverick Uchiha i have been sent by the Hokage to help your village."

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:06 am

Tengoku would follow quietly. He did not correct or discuss. Merely observed the young man. He had a since of justice about him. Though Tengoku would follow while keeping his sensory active. Likely these people were still recovering from the attack. If some bandits hadn't gone far he would like to know sooner than later. Still he would pause before the arrow would land. Normally he would have stopped it mid air but he had sensed it was a warning shot. Not aimed at them in aggression. Still his eyes would take in the lot who greeted them at the poorly made gate. Not a one of them all that capable of being a threat. Though one was capable for a normie. No where near the level of archer Tengoku was but promising. Chances were he was the one who felled the bandits still left outside. His gaze shifted to the bodies as birds had begun to peck at them. They would need to burn or bury the bodies soon before disease had a chance to spread. Still the man would address Maverick and they would converse. Leaving Tengoku to close his eyes and activate minds eye. The jutsu stretching out as a field of sensory around the village first and then further.

The man explained the path through the mountains and Tengoku would shift his nationwide sensory focus there. Trailing it back through the woods to the village. Ignoring the wildlife he would spot the enemy. A mere two klicks out. He had their location and could sense they were licking their wounds. However he could also sense their rage at being thwarted. They were too angry to simply retreat and leave things as they were. For now he would note their position. By the average speed they would take a good half an hour to get there if they began to move soon. At least if they didn't want to arrive exhausted. Still he would open his eyes as he had their position. Following into the village. They were mourning so he wouldn't speak just yet. The situation explained as they moved to the elders house. Once there they would be introduced and the old man would look up in surprise. Chortling a little at the sight of the wolf and the boy.

"Ho ho ho....ahh I see...An Uchiha and one of the lost children of the mother of the deep woods. You have grown so much since she left you in that city....With you here...victory is assured...huhuhu"

Tengoku would settle as he sat on his haunches again. His ears twitching as he glanced to Maverick. Not much was known about Tengoku's mother supposedly being a witch. He didn't talk about it much. This old man though was a surprising connection. Still he would speak much to the archers surprise. His tone calm as he replied when spoken to.

"I don't know anything of the deep woods. However I have a lock on the enemy. I suggest sending a messenger straight to the village for the med nin. I also suggest burying or burning the dead. Disease is an ugly way to go. This is Maverick Uchiha. He is green behind the ears but he will be leading the counter attack."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:35 pm

Maverick's head cocked to the side as the elder spoke to the dog in a knowing way. Maybe the area his summoning contract originated was near here. The old man would nod listening to every word that came from the canines mouth. He reached into his robe pulling out a folded piece of parchment. The archer walked up and took it from him hurrying outside. "My son shall send for aid...We did not know if you'd even respond...Forgive me child." His eyes never wavered from the dog making Maverick uneasy. He felt like there was a secret between the two that he had no way of knowing. He thought for a moment wanting to offer help but not knowing how. "Sir i understand the people out here know the cost of living this far from the village. However i know such loss of life can be demoralizing. I would like to volunteer to help burn the bodies. To save a friend or family member from having to do that to many people they knew." He waited for the old man to nod before turning swiftly on his heels. He gave one last uncertain look back to the dog sitting on its haunches.

He stepped back in the village looking around, all he saw was despair and defeat. He watched the man who had showed them the way through town send out a hawk, a message tied to its leg. He made his way over offering his condolences for the many losses their small village had endured. "I have offered to help... dispose... of the fallen." He hoped his look meant more than his poor choice of words. "I told my father you wouldn't come, I told him we should stay and not head to Konoha..." Maverick had no words for him just a hand on his shoulder. He knew of loss, not to this extent but he could feel the mans pain.

The man showed Maverick to an area a small ways from town. The bodies had already begun to be brought out of town and over to here. He waited until until the last person who was part of the morbid parade made their way back into the village. "You can go too if you.." He stopped Maverick mid sentence with a grim nod. "Anything you'd like to say?"

"The men, Women and Children laying before us were good... Strong souls. They will guide us through our trials and the challenges we shall face in the coming hours. They rest with the ancestors now..." He stepped back and turned away, Maverick knew not if it was because he could not stand to see his loved ones burned. He assumed it was so he would not see the silent tears running down his face. He quickly wove the seals needed the fireball did its job. After a while Maverick made his way back into the village looking for whoever this dog was.

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:59 am

Tengoku would watch as the boy offered his services. He was a kind man for an Uchiha. Unexpected but not unprecedented. Hanabi was a good girl too. As Zenaku had been. Still he would nod his head to the elder and depart as well. Allowing the young Uchiha to go and offer his services as needed. Soon there would be a large fire outside of the village. Tengoku however would head the opposite direction. Moving to the gate as he sat once more. Utilizing minds eye to find the bandits again. From his observations he tracked their movement. They were amateurs at best as they didn't even bother sending a scout. Not that Tengoku would have allowed the scout to return to them. In this form he wouldn't be able to preform hand seals but he was more than capable with his physical abilities alone. Even without jutsu he was so far beyond the scope of this lot that he wasn't needed. He could of course step in if needed. For now he merely observed that they were moving. Maybe a mile out now. Heading for another attack on the village. Still Tengoku would sit where he was watching them until Maverick returned.

Assuming Maverick sought him out or at least returned to the gate he would find the wolf sitting with its eyes closed. If he had the ability to see chakra however there would be a large outline of an eye above the wolf. Gold in color and traces of sensory chakra flowing off of it. Minds eye of Kagura was active and he could see anywhere in the nation. Hiding from him was near impossible no matter where the target ran. He had truly become one of the strongest tracker nin. Virtually no one outside of the Hyuga clan could match him and even then only a couple of them. He was sure Airi was one of them. Still his ears would twitch as Maverick approached. His snout turning before his gold and black eyes took him in regarding him. He would have been able to sense the boys emotions if he had wanted to. However for now he would wait until they were close enough to talk. Speaking plainly as he nodded up the road.

"The enemy is on the move. I have been observing them while you did your duty. The bird messenger will do the job of helping the village from here. There is nothing more we can do. As such it is my suggestion we move out to meet the enemy. I assume you are angry...if we aren't near innocents you can unleash that anger without restraint. "

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:34 pm

Maverick knew how to compartmentalize the emotions he was feeling at the moment as to focus on the here and now. However the mysterious animal spoke the truth, he was furious seeing all these innocents gone. "I can handle myself." He spoke of his emotions but knew it was more a way to distance himself from this creature he seemed to be learning less about. Maverick looked around before dropping to one knee placing a hand on the wolf's back giving it a slight pet. "I don't wanna make it look like we aren't on the same page." He whispered through a grin. "But I need to know a few things before we get going. First of all who or what are you?" His hand moved to scratch behind the soft ears. "Second I'd like to know i can fully trust you and you have no secret agenda to put before these people."

He stood looking down with a smile before running his fingers through his dark hair. "You seem to have a good sense of where we need to go. I'd like you to take the lead and ill follow as quickly and quietly as possible." By habit he adjusted his Konoha headband on his left arm before doing the same to the Hyuuga symbol on his right. He blinked with his eyes reopening into his newly acquired second tomoe of the Sharingan. He took a deep breath to steady himself, it had been years since he had been in real combat. Looking back down again he was surprised by all he saw.

He was still getting used to the new powers of his eyes but knew that the color and flow of chakra he saw within the wolf was of a higher concentration than he could have every imagined any living thing to have. He shook for a second wondering what kind of monster he was with. His head snapped forward, it was just another question to add to the list of things he wanted answered. "I'm ready when you are. He waited a second for the other to begin moving before following to the best of his abilities.

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:51 am

Tengoku would listen patiently. Cursing inwardly as he had forgotten to put back up the chakra suppression in favor of checking enemy positions. Of course the young Uchiha would want to know what he was. He was more powerful than most bijuu after all. Having something akin to them under his control. He had reservations however about revealing himself. So when the young man would mention following his lead he would let out and audible sigh before turning off the road and heading into the woods at a soft trot. Barely a running speed for the Uchiha. He was being careful to let himself take the lead too much. But as a tracker nin this was fairly common. For now though he would reply to the young man.

"I will reveal who I am when we set up camp for tonight. For now my goal is to test you in battle. If I reveal my true nature likely you will become overconfident or the enemy will simply flee instead of fighting. Tracking down a scattered group is a bit of a pain. I prefer they stand their ground for their punishment. As for a secret agenda...I am testing you Maverick. But the people come first. They always have."

He liked this one had a sense of honor. Even if that two tomoe meant he had some trauma...some people responded to trauma by becoming cold and eventually wicked. To wish to protect others instead was an honorable thing. Still he would only progress in silence for a few minutes before stopping. He had placed them on an interception path and the enemy was maybe three minutes away. He would look in their direction and expand his normal sensory out. Five hundred meters. They were just starting to trickle into that range. Twenty in total and grouped up nicely. A good thing for a katon user. His golden eyes would shift to Maverick a moment as he sat down once again. Speaking in a quieter tone despite the large distance between them. He forgot sometimes that his hearing was superior to most humans.

"The enemy is five hundred meters to the north. Twenty of them with small chakra signatures all grouped up. Too small to likely be able to utilize their chakra in any way. You have maybe three minutes to prepare. From here how we engage is up to you. This is the importance of having a sensory nin with you is knowledge of enemy position and capabilities before engaging. Prep time can mean victory. Now go and do this how you see fit."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:59 pm

Maverick had heard all he needed at the moment knowing he would have to trust the wolf. He kept pace in the dense forest his eyes darting from left to right looking for any glow of chakra. This beast seemed to be able to sense where the enemy was as well as any sensory ninja Maverick had ever heard of. He figured there was no harm in looking for himself to ease his own nerves.

He came to a complete stop next to the animal listening as he was told the distance and size of the group. Three minutes was not a long time but he had none to waste. For a moment he thought his eyes moving back and forth as he filtered through many ideas. "We need at least one alive right? What if we draw one or two away with some sort of diversion. Maybe if you can hide and wine they might come to check on an injured animal. Most likely it would be for an easy meal but that would lead enough away for me to hit the rest as hard as i can in a blitz attack. I have a feeling you can handle yourself and knocking out one or two bandits should be easy with.."

He still did not know how to address the monstrous chakra that he could see within the wolf. As long as he could hold up this end of the plan Maverick was sure he could take out the rest. He had learned a great many techniques from his sensei Ren Uchiha and was excited to get to try them out. "Once we get to one hundred fifty meters out we will split up. Once you knock out the stragglers I want you to howl. Hopefully it will catch them off guard for my jutsu." He turned his head in the direction the enemy was ready for the task at hand.

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:01 pm

Tengoku would nod though inwardly he was frowning. They didn't really need information from this lot. He was a better tracker than an interrogator and wasn't much of a fan of torture. Though he would let the young Uchiha hold command over that for now. Separating the enemy would normally hold risk but for him it was achievable rather easily. That said being told to whimper and howl was just insulting. What was next? Owl calls? Still he wouldn't argue and instead would let the young man charge straight ahead. He had expected him to get a good vantage point. Maybe even high ground using the tree's. An ideal ambush instead of a head on attack. Still most Katon users were like this he had to admit. They liked to just rush in and burn the enemy. It would do for what they were doing for now. Instead he had been given his own task to separate out a couple of them. He would split off from the young man and take cover behind a tree once he was out of sight. Transforming back into his human self. He had no intentions to whimper and play possum. But he would achieve the goal.

Activating his leg guards a golden energy shimmered around his shins before Tengoku would move at A rank speeds. Shifting through the woods. Soon the bandits would be seen moving through the woods at a brisk walking pace. Fast enough to be really moving but not enough to wear themselves out. However there would be a moment of pause as a blur moved in and out of the group. Two people were just suddenly missing as a gust of wind blew through. There was confusion as they paused a moment looking around. Calling out to their two lost team members. Wondering if they had just fallen behind. However Tengoku had moved in...gripped them each by the face over the mouth and dragged them bodily away at A rank speeds. Carefully he would knock their skulls together before setting their unconscious selves down. Deactivating his armor he would transform back into a wolf. Honestly he wasn't sure about survivors. He was angry too about all this. But for now he would let it go. Instead simply following the plan. He would let his ears flatten in embarrassment before throwing his head back and letting out a long howl. Putting the enemy on guard in his direction against wolves in the woods.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:32 pm

Maverick split off on his own quietly as possible making his way between the trees. He stopped when he saw the group of men moving at a brisk pace. He stopped crouching in a thick bush waiting for the wolf to start the ploy. His crimson eyes hardly noticed the blur, he was not sure what had just happened. He blinked a few times wondering if he had used his Sharingan for to long. As his eyes readjusted a puzzled look crossed his face noticing the group was two members short. The rest of the party had also noticed stopping and calling out to their missing comrades. The lone howl pierced the stillness of the forest making the bandits all turn in unison. Maverick had no time to worry about his sight as the signal was made.

Maverick fingers flew into motion weaving the string of seals needed for his new jutsu. Tiger -> Rabbit -> Boar -> Dragon -> Monkey -> Dragon -> Dog -> Dragon, the young Uchiha burst from the foliage releasing a great fireball of crimson in the shape of a dragons head. "Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire!" Before the flames made contact with the assortment of bandits he was already moving around to their right flank. His fingers formed the Ram seal before twin tornadoes manifested, one on either side of the troop. "Wind Release: Divine Wind!" That was all he needed dashing back away as the flaming dragons maw collided with the twin tornadoes exploding into a violent flaming hurricane.

"Secret Technique: Hell Inferno!" Maverick stood there for a moment his eyes scanning the area. He saw no movement or any signs of life as the fires began to dwindle. He had held up his end of the plan now it was time to find the mysterious canine he was with. He made his way around the burned area doing one last scan of the bodies. He had never smelt a burning body and it made his slightly queasy. Darting into the woods he reconnected with the wolf who had two bandits laying unconscious at his paws.

"The rest are dead, we should probably rest a little before figuring out what they know." In reality Mvaerick's adrenaline was racing and he needed a moment to gather himself. He had killed one or two bandits before but never that many that easily.

Jutsu Used:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:52 am

Tengoku would settle for now as the two men were out like a light. Possibly a small fracture but only a hairline at best. Either way they would be out for some time. He would watch as the plan played out pretty much how the Uchiha had planned it. He found a good ambush spot and the howl turned attention off of him. A large scale high powered combination katon fuuton jutsu would ensue. However the fire wouldn't be enough to instantly incinerate them. It would catch them all however as Tengoku never turned his eyes away. Their screams all the louder in his ears anyway. The smell of burning flesh overpowering everything else in his nostrils. He could taste their death on the air and feel their ashes touch his fur. He could even see their chakra as pitiful as it was burn away to nothing with them. What good would looking away have done when he felt death and destruction so thoroughly otherwise. Still he did not scrunch his nose. He did not waver in his conviction. He merely watched them burn as was what they deserved. He was the paladin of Konoha and he saw only righteous judgement.

Still the young man would walk passed his handiwork. It was clear this was a first for him. How he turned away from what was left of the smoldering corpses. The immediate threat wasn't just eliminated. It was annihilated. It was an impressive combo for a genin to pull off. This was indeed what he had expected of an Uchiha of notice. One who had unlocked his second tomoe he had noted. So not just run of the mill either. Gold and black eyes would shift to follow the young man as he approached. He seemed sickened by this but excited at the same time. Still he recognized the need for down time after a battle. If they pressed to hard he would grow tired physically and mentally. Dangerous choice in the field. Still Tengoku had enough sensory capability to know they were safe for the time being. He would let out a gruff.

"Grab these two then. We are moving upwind of this. Or I won't be able to rest."

Tengoku would make Maverick drag the two bodily a good five hundred meters up wind. There was still a heavy scent in the air here but it was more tolerable. However he doubted the boy would be able to drag two adult men further. Still Tengoku would shift open the pockets on the front of his vest before he would let three scrolls fall out. There would be three pops as two tents and a cooking fire would appear unlit in the clearing. He would settle into laying down in front of the larger of the two tents and let out a big dog like yawn before laying his head over his paws. Seemingly relaxed.

"Take some time to start the fire and gather some river water into that pot. I will hunt something to eat when you get back. So I'll take first guard shift. I hope you're a good cook because I am terrible at it. I also want you to consider how you intend to get your information...and if you have the stomach for it."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:06 am

Maverick understood that staying here could get the stench of death and flame stuck in their clothes. Even someone of normal sensibilities would be able to smell them. "Yes sir." He did not need to say much more, he was given a command and would follow it. He hefted one of the unconscious bodies over his shoulder knowing it would be a long slog to their destination. The five hundred meters felt like five miles before he dropped the man he had over his shoulder on to the forest floor. The second man he had been dragging grunted as the first fell upon him.

He watched as the wolf retrieved something from the front pocket of it's jacket. A moment later there were three pops and a cloud of smoke. Maverick looked on in slight confusion and awe as two tents and a small campfire appeared before him. He knew about weapons and small items being carried around in scroll but never had he thought about an already prebuilt campfire. Taking it upon himself Maverick dragged the two men to a tree tying them back to back. He looked back to the great beast traveling with him, the amount of chakra trapped in such a form still made him tremble.

He shook his thoughts back to the here and now when he was asked to fetch water and start the fire. He never liked being an errand boy but understood the pecking order in this world. "Understood, i shall return in a few moments." So it was up to him to get the two prisoners to talk. He would figure a way to do that while he was out and about getting the water. Walking over to the pile of wood already made ready for the flames he crouched down near it. He focused his chakra heating it within his belly before spitting out a small ember to catch on the dry logs. He was not done, with a gentle blow he used his wind chakra to bring the small ember to life leaving a small hungry flame to cling to the wood.

Rising Maverick turned to head in the direction of the river three water pouches in his hands. The walk was a quiet one with just the sounds of a few birds chirping in the distance. The idea of potentially torturing two men did not sit well with him but he knew they had bone worse for less to the villages. He wrestled back and forth with his thoughts down by the flowing water. He knew what must be done but knew not if he had the stomach for it. He dipped one hand into the river letting the cool water flow around his fingers. He stood withdrawing his hand shaking it free of and clinging water droplets before heading back to camp.

As he returned Maverick noticed both men were awake. He wondered what kind of information the great wolf had already wrenched free from these two. It did not matter, Maverick was given a task and he looked to complete it. He tossed one water pouch to the wolf and another to just in front of the second tent. The third he brought with him as he paced back and forth before the two men. They did not seem to be in a talkative mood but he knew how to fix that. He knelt down popping the top of the third water pouch before offering it to the two men.

"You both look thirsty, i have a few questions i need answered and i think we can help each other." He took a small swig of water opening his mouth after swallowing to show it was not poisoned. "Now before you answer and start telling me lies i want you both to know that you will not be leaving here alive. However the way in which you leave this world will be up to you, it can be the easy way or a..." He thought for a moment on what to say. "Lets just say the way your friends went will make their deaths look easy."

"Go ta hell we ain't sayin shit!" The man tied up before him sneered and spat at Mavericks feet. He was the older of the two most likely had been doing this his whole life. Maverick nodded and turned to the second much younger man. He looked almost younger than he was, a bad scar which did not heal right tore down the side of his head. There was a slave symbol on his shoulder, he figured the bandits probably bought or "saved" this boy and he felt indebted to them. He would probably be easier to crack than the gruffer man next to him. With a sigh he pulled a kunai from his weapons holster cutting the bonds between the men standing the first one up.

With a shove he brought the man about a dozen meters away from the camp still clearly visible to the others. "Let me go i told you i ain't saying nothin, you can't scare me." Maverick shoved the man down to his knees before stepping back. "Oh trust me i believe you, i know you will not say anything useful to me." He wove six quick seals before the ground around the man rumbled. The next instant flames sprang forth surrounding the man like prison bars. "Wa.. Wait a minute, i don't know nothin i swear, ya don't gotta burn me!" The flaming bars never moved as Maverick turned his back on the man. He had only done the first half of the jutsu, the second he did not need to watch for. A spider made of flames appeared in the cage shuffling back and forth around the frightened man.

The screams coming from behind him made his concentration on the jutsu waver. He had to focus hard to not had the spider flat out kill the other man. He needed to prove a point to the other prisoner he still needed to talk to. In his mind he focused on the spider's flaming pincers nipping at exposed flesh. Almost as if taking a red hot fire poker and repeatedly jamming it in random areas. He looked down as he approached the younger man the look of fear etched plainly across his face. "Now let me ask you a few questions okay?" Maverick blinked his sharingan active again staring straight through the still bound captive.

He had not expected anything from the second man and gotten just a little more. He cried as he blurted out his life story and his regret for joining the bandits. None of it mattered except when he told them of their plan to join forces with another nomadic band of thieves and murderers. They looked to sweep through the forests burning and pillaging all they could before retreating deep into the mountains. By that time the first man had stopped screaming, all that came from behind him was the sounds of still hot grass popping in the humidity.

"Thank you for being so forth coming, I hope you rest easy." As fast as he could Maverick brought his kunai across the young mans throat. He promised a quick death and did not wish to go back on his word no matter who it was given to. He stood pouring the water from the third pouch over the smoldering embers made from his jutsu. The dead man before him had passed halfway through the others story, the shock took him before the spider could. He settled in front of the second tent picking up his water taking a long drink. "You think he was telling the truth and there might be alot more than we thought?"

Jutsu Used:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:55 pm

Tengoku would shift to the side to avoid the water. The fire was masking the scents from before nicely at least. He wasn't thirsty yet and didn't feel like expending chakra to catch the water or catching it in his mouth. It felt almost degrading. Still he would watch as the man would contemplate. He had prepared the last parts of camp and the fire was warm against his fur. A pleasant sensation as his gold eyes watched all. Still he would only observe as the interrogation happened. Perhaps he could have put a stop to it or advised against it. One had been a slave at one point and his involvement could have been forced. The death sentence might not even be fully deserved. But he had been a part of what had happened in that village. He had been a part of what was wrong with the world. And he had dared to do so within the territory of this particular wolf. All of the land of Fire was his territory as far as he was concerned. Still to watch the first man burn and scream...what harsher sentence of pain and torment could there be? And all to serve as an example.

Still there was little left to be said for the matter. He would listen to the screams die off as the spider eliminated the body brutally. Fear was a toxin in mankind and this one used fire to bring it out quickly. The young slave with them would blurt everything. Some vain hope he might survive this. Though that was obviously a passing fancy as the young Uchiha would preform his justified duty and slit the young mans throat. Tengoku would sigh and wrinkle his nose as the copper smell mixed with burning flesh. The smell of a battlefield. He had hoped the young man with him had the common sense to rid them of the bodies. However it seemed not to be. Still he would settle after dousing the rogue fire and inquire as to if Tengoku knew if the boy was telling the truth. Honestly he could have. He could have known easily by sensing his emotions. However he didn't want to see fear so clearly. He had seen the shock in the slaves eyes as his throat split open. Had seen hope die and did not want to see what color it molded. Instead he would shake his head a little and speak.

"He told you everything he knew. He thought it would save him and he wouldn't risk being hunted by us again I don't think. Though I am displeased you eliminated them so close to camp. We will spend the night here and head out in the morning to search for more of this anti Konoha force. Truly they overestimated themselves and will be proven fools tomorrow. Though I suspect there is something behind the scenes guiding all this. Still I did Promise you a reveal. Just don't freak out."

With that Tengoku would slowly raise to all fours before giving one last long stretch. As he did there would be a puff of smoke as he ended the transformation technique. There Stood a tall man with long white hair and wolf like ears to match it. One arm was stretched up high and the other behind his back holding it there as he finished his stretch. He was standing in shinobi pants with black sandals and a yellow coat hanging tied around his waist. On his hip tucked into the coat was a katana and a wakizashi while crossed on his back was a folded bow and a quiver of black arrows. His shirt was a tight black tank top. Around his upper arms, wrists and ankles were golden rings with feathers itched into them. Before him Stood the Legendary Tengoku Shinku. The Previous Hokage he had likely seen fight recently on tv or in the stands of the arena. The Paladin of Konoha who many rumored was invincible. And yet here he was camping and doing missions with Maverick.

"Now Genin Maverick Uchiha. Do you know the body elimination technique? If not I can teach it to you. It will eliminate the smell of the dead."

Sensory maintained .5

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:16 am

As the wolf spoke Maverick's expression went from slightly hopeful to sour. His eyes staring off in the distance as he listened to the great animal next to him. He took a small sip of water nodding his head when the beast said he was disappointed in him. He knew he should have done this further away but was a little nervous they might try to flee. Had they he could have killed them both anyway but the embarrassment would have hung on him like a cloak. He agreed with the wolfs words, they would make them pay for the damage they had caused the innocents living here.

Maverick's head turned to the prone canine when he mentioned a reveal. Freak out? What more could this wolf do that could mess with his mind anymore? He had already seen what looked like a near infinite well of chakra swirling inside this demon. He was not even sure that the wolf was not some unknown Bijuu captured by the hidden leaf. He did not however expect what happened next, doubtfully anyone would have. As the great wolf stood up on all fours and stretched its body began to morph into a humanoid form.

He fell back in surprise as the wolf shifted into a more recognizable form. He had seen this man before on many occasions most recently in a fight with Airi the Hokage. His eyes looked up and down scanning the new form before him. A chill ran down his spine in realization of who stood before him. It was the previous Hokage Tengoku, Whom he had treated with much disrespect through out this whole mission. Maverick quickly scrambled from his ass to all four bowing deep hie hair touching the grass beneath him. "Lord Tengoku it is an honor sir I... I apologize for my words i meant no disrespect sir."

Maverick shook his head not looking up out of pure embarrassment he did not know the Body Elimination technique. It was not for the lack of trying however, his previous sensei before Ren had tried. He had studied for days learning the ways to weave the chakra never able to make it stick. He had been told he just was not smart enough in the ways of the human body. It was never taken as a sign of disrespect, he was handy in the ways of normal burning. His head rose, eyes meeting with the man before him. "I apologize again sir i have never been able to grasp the intricacies of the jutsu. I've tried many times but i just can not seem to grasp it."

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:23 pm

Tengoku would frown at the reaction. He had wanted this to be a rather straightforward training mission. One where he didn't have someone acting differently due to who he was. However he had lost concentration and let his chakra show so in the end this was his fault. The Uchiha wanting answers as to what or who he was would be natural. Still the sudden shift would make him uncomfortably rub the back of his head. He wasn't one for the attention really. Especially not in his retirement. Not that he was acting very retired given they were on a mission. His golden eyes took in the bowing boy and his aggressive apologies. Speaking of honor and what not. For a moment Tengoku wanted to call it. This was more worship than he had signed up for. But at least it was short lived. Well the boy was still more polite but he didn't know the body elimination technique either. Tengoku would click his tongue against the inside of his teeth with a slight bit of suction before breaking it abruptly. Almost a tch noise. Still he would shrug idly as he spoke up in return. Sounding a little defeated.

"Do me a solid kid and drop the honorifics. I'm retired so I prefer to be considered just another guy. Continue to refer to me as Ten. That said truthfully I don't know the technique either. However I have another way to deal with it....its just a little more potent and flashier but there isn't a living soul near enough to us to see it anyway. So I will handle it."

Tengoku would sigh before his hands became a literal blur. S rank coordination hand seals that many wouldn't be able to perceive. Serpent, Dragon, Bird, Tiger. Once those four would finish he would take a few moments gathering raiton chakra between his hands into a golden ball of electricity. The lightning arcing into the ball as it built before finally he would open his hands and the ball would fly thirty meters up. Bursting as dark storm clouds formed for three hundred meters around them. Quietly he would point to each of the two bodies. As he did a bolt of lightning would strike down like a pillar of golden electricity. Wiping out the remains entirely and leaving nothing behind. Still he would sigh and let the clouds fade. Now there were two scorch marks on the ground as the only evidence of the two.

With that done he would glance to some movement and collect his bow off his back. In rapid succession he would turn and draw an arrow before losing it in different directions three times. It would be alarming to some to see how quickly he drew and fired but what was more alarming perhaps was the accuracy. With that done he would nod to Maverick. "Alright Maverick. I just shot three rabbits that were scared out of their holes by the jutsu. Collect them and prepare them for the stew. I will get it started. We will rest for now and go check out the enemy camp in the morning." With that he would collect a couple potatoes out of a sack in his tent and set about skinning and slicing them into the pot with the water Maverick brought. Settling in for the night and getting the stew started. Rabbit and potatoes....good times.

Name: Wrath of the heavens
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 30
    Upkeep Cost: 20
    Range: 300 meters diameter
    Speed: S
    Element: Raiton
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: 1 post prep
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: Serpent, Dragon, Bird, Tiger
    Description: The user focuses the hand signs before closing their hands together like a ball. There they spend one post focusing the energy into a ball of lightning before launching it into the sky. Immediately storm clouds gather over a 300 diameter radius. On the next post and any post they pay upkeep on after they can point and a bolt of lightning will launch from the storm hovering thirty meters above the area at S rank speeds where they pointed and fry anyone caught within it for S rank damage. The bolt of lightning only hits the focused point though.
    Weaknesses: The user has to point at what they are targeting. Can not account for dodging between the time they point and when the lightning hits. Does not create an AOE bolt of lightning but instead a single focused point per bolt.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:01 am

Maverick's embarrassment faded a little knowing the Ex-Kage also did not know the body elimination technique. The same man he had watched "spar" Airi for the title of Hokage. The power he witnessed that day was the spark he needed to ignite the flames within him to get better. Maverick rose to his feet nodding when Tengoku told him he also did not know the technique. He stepped back as Ten made a few hand seals summoning forth a golden bolt of lightning to "dispose" of the two bodies before them. As the burned Tengoku's attention quickly turned to their surroundings.

"What is it.." Maverick started to speak.

Quickly the older man shot out three arrows in multiple directions almost to fast to see if it was not for his Sharingan. Three rabbits? just like that? Tengoku's skill in sensory was far greater than that of any other Shinobi he had met before.

"Uh.. Yes Si... Yes Ten i'll be right back." He stumbled over his words trying to be casual.

He turned moving to the bushes off to his right in the general direction he thought the arrow flew. It did not take him to long to find the first rabbit. The arrow had pierced its small neck, the shaft halfway through its corpse. Carefully he removed the arrow trying his best to not damage any meat. With the precision of the shot he almost could have just ripped it from the dead body. The next two were the same, perfect shots to preserve as much sustenance as possible.

Maverick emerged from the trees carrying the three dead animals over his shoulder. He approached the campfire he had lit earlier setting each rabbit down. He retrieved a kunai from his pack before returning to skin the small animals as his father had shown him in his youth.

"Sir... If the council has sent you out here how bad is the situation really?" Maverick asked Ten.

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:35 pm

Tengoku would watch as the young man would speak respectfully in return and go do as he was told. He was a good lad if not a little bit to easy to torment. But sometimes that was to be expected of shinobi in this day and age. Tengoku had passed a law not allowing anyone under the age of sixteen to be allowed to take missions above a C rank. None of the other nations had agreed to this and he had faced argument over it. Yet he had been satisfied that children didn't have to make these hard choices. That they didn't have to kill the enemy or be killed so young. Still tragedy had a way of evading his best efforts and that couldn't be helped. Still Maverick was displaying their capability to remain cool in the battlefield. Even taking enemy lives without much hesitation and with some planning instead of direct strikes. Still Tengoku would settle in front of his tent in a cross legged sitting position. Setting out his weapons around him as he yawned idly. It wouldn't be long before the young man would come back. Setting about showing some survival skills in the meantime.

Tengoku hadn't thought they taught how to skin and prepare animals in the academy. He and his sister had learned how from living in the woods for a time. He doubted some of the instructors even knew how. However he found it a highly practical field skill to know. Especially as a tracker by trade. Still he would listen as Maverick spoke up. The unused parts could be tossed in the fire and mix with the smell of cooking meat instead of rotting but his thoughts were elsewhere. The council had their hands full with news of an upcoming war and a territory dispute. However such were not the problems of young genin. Instead he would smile as he took a sip of the water from before. Enjoying the downtime before the next mission. Listening to the rumbling of clouds in the distance. Before he would have considered rain a detriment to his job. But he could locate this camp now from anywhere in the nation. Still it would be a couple hours before the rain was upon them. They would be asleep by then. His wolves had kept some distance from them by about a mile for a while but they would keep watch.

"The council? No no kiddo. Nothing like that. I'm retired and occasionally I take an interest in the youth. It would be more accurate to say I am out here as a hobby. Camping out and doing some work on the side. No Maverick this is for your experience. A safety net for your future missions. Experience in the battlefield often trumps sheer skill. Make mistakes now so you don't when you are running a squad. The truth is the world is a harsh place. We guard the civilians but it is up to us to be survivors ourselves."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:56 am

Maverick mulled over Tengoku's words very carefully as he stirred the would be stew before him. Make mistakes now, learn from the experiences, he knew these lessons, Mae's was the first mistake he had made in his shinobi career. He sighed as his mind wondered to the many mistakes he had yet to still learn the lessons from.

"Tengoku sir, what happens when you can not let go of the mistakes you have made. When you have not yet learned what is needed to move on." If Tengoku responded he did not hear, not from any source of disrespect but a mind uneasy.

He brought himself back to the now making sure their dinner was not over cooked. His mother would have killed him if he had messed up her rustic recipe. He pulled two small bowls from his backpack filling the first offering it to his senior. The second he filled before placing it beside him. He was not allowed to eat before saying a prayer to the spirits and ancient gods who molded the world for them to live. His father had told him it was a tradition each member of their immediate family had done for generations.

"I hope you like it sir, it is my mothers recipe." He ate slowly thinking of the task before him.

After a while he would get up heading to his tent offering a kind goodnight to Tengoku. As he lay there still restless he let his mind rest on a possibility he knew was impossible. He readied his mind to take the bandits down, told himself these were the ones who took out Mae's. He felt sorry for the enemy tomorrow, his burning wrath would grow to an inferno.

They would be the forest it destroyed.

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:22 pm

Tengoku would watch the young man stir the stew and smell the meat cooking. His mouth watered as he let his eyes watch the spoon stirring. That meal was going to be the best part of the day. He didn't relish in the killing even if it came easy as vengeance. Those souls were lost before the fire burned their bodies. It wasn't a pleasant way to die but they had it coming. The dead corpses of the innocent littering that street had sealed their fate. If Maverick hadn't been capable of doing it Tengoku would have ensured it. Though his arrows would have likely been a quicker death for those men. Still Maverick would speak up breaking the silence. Black and gold eyes shifted to the young man and his stoic expression. He had lost a team mate before. Tengoku had as well but no one very close. Mostly unknown men behind anbu masks. Those eyes shifted to the hyuga symbol on the Uchiha's cloak. An odd thing to see since the families rarely mixed well. Still Tengoku wasn't in the dark for who he was out here with. He was trained enough to read a file before going into the field. Still he would take a moment to respond whether the kid heard it or not.

"I think holding onto our mistakes is the point of making them. If it isn't a hard lesson we won't truly learn from it. It's the biggest mistakes that make us carve out the right path."

Tengoku would accept the bowl with a nod and a smile about the young mans mother's recipe. He would of course eat in silence however after such weight had been placed on the conversation. It was uncomfortable but little was to be gained by pushing for more when Maverick was clearly exhausted. There had been a lot that transpired today. He would eat quietly and watch the fire. His eyes only shifting as he watched Maverick take to bed. Out in the field normally he would have one of them keep watch. However his eyes lifted over the fire to meet three gazes watching him. His dire wolf pack was there with them. They would be plenty enough to wake them should trouble get within a mile of them. Tengoku would finish his bowl before covering the stew and laying next to the fire. Looking at the sky until the flames died down to embers before retreating to his own tent to sleep.

In the morning Tengoku would come out of the tent as he stretched. The fog of his own breath heavy on the air with the cold temperature of fall. He would gather a couple pieces of fire wood before placing them under the cooking pot. Sending some raiton he managed to get the logs burning fairly quickly as he slipped on a large white fur coat. Placing his hands in front of the fire as he reheated the stew from the night before. The sun just having fully crested the treeline. The smell of stew was quick to rekindle at least. They would need to break camp soon to go hunting but the cold weather would work for them. People didn't travel when it was cold outside of need. Least of all bandits. Maverick should be up soon if he got any sleep. Either way Tengoku actually intended to help this time. He still had some own justice he wanted to deal out. Personal feelings of bandits in his lands. His territory had been invaded by the scum of the earth. It begged for an arrow.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:22 am