Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Meeting the man of Tommorow (Open)

Suguru
    Suguru
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: 615,000

Meeting the man of Tommorow (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting the man of Tommorow (Open)

Post by Suguru Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:42 pm

As the others spoke, having finished the rest of his meal at inhuman speed, Suguru chewed on the bones of the kurobuta side dish; a product of a limited-time offer that the Konoha Shop had been offering for a week, emulated by the seemingly omniscient chefs that worked for Mister Okane. He used to find loads of them in his apartment, and on a hungry day, decided to give them a munch and turned out they tasted pretty good. He took a liking to eating bones, and even if he didn't, living from paycheck to paycheck meant that he could not risk leaving them on the plate. Plus, if he ever managed to get a woman back to his place, he was under the impression they do not like bones laying around. An untested theory, but one that he was confident in.

"Nature Clan?" Suguru's eyes rose up from his plate and answered as rib-bone disappeared into his mouth. His mind ran into overdrive, and after a few seconds, it came to the memory where this clan was mentioned before. The last time he was with Lady Ryuko. He had no idea what it meant then, and he had made a mental note to look into it. Alas, in the next minutes, he got insanely drunk, and forgot all about it.

Thus, he was still on the assumption that it was something to do with the fact he was the son of the Hokage, and the Hokage meaning big leaf or something, and leaves were found in nature, he was part of the Nature Clan. "No, Lady Ryuko. I don't know anyone else."

"I can he-, assist you to look for them, if you want, of course, Lady Ryuko." The chuunin offered with the slight confidence of a man who had a fully belly. Maybe he needed to prove himself the strongest of them all for his father to recognize him. Or maybe they could teach him secret Hokage stuff. Most importantly, he would get to spend more time with Lady Ryuko.

[7]

Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kugutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Enjinia | Kagaku | Kajiya | Nyūsatsu | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: More than You

Meeting the man of Tommorow (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting the man of Tommorow (Open)

Post by Kiyoshi Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:01 pm

Hearing someone call him Master Kiyoshi was strange, especially when it came from a man like Okane. He was not use to the formality that the Prince and the Queen had, but he would eventually get used to it, he was sure. The offer to become his CFO was even better than the offer to work for him, now it was almost as if he would be the other man's partner in his company. "I can oversee the construction of the tower and needed things while I am there, and when I return to Konohagakure I will speak to the Hokage about a tower and should she agree, I will oversee it as well. As far as the pay, that is more than acceptable." Kiyoshi would say with a slight nod of appreciation towards Okane.

Kiyoshi would blush slightly at Ryuko's comment to him, it wasn't everyday one earned a compliment from Royalty, and he was getting compliments from two different royals on the same day. Now he knew how Suguru must feel, and likely why he had been more silent than usual. "Well, with Prince Okane's help, the Emporium will not be the only place with my advanced centers, I hope soon that all the major nations will have one as well. It is the only way to truly be able to help the world the way I wish too, as far as working with Tadara, I would be more than happy to. As I hope to have an audience with him in the future, perhaps by the time that you acquire the organs I could negotiate a type of partnership with the man for surgeries. Considering I plan to have so many of them around the world, it would be impossible for me to be available to everyone, another surgeon that could operate on their own when needed would prove useful."

The mention of Suguru being from a clan would be news to Kiyoshi, he had always assumed the man was like himself from a small family. It showed how little he knew about his friend, though it also seemed that Suguru didn't know anyone else from his clan. To Kiyoshi this seemed strange, but he also didn't know how clans really worked. Perhaps he should try to do some study of clans, learn more about them in a different manner than a book. "I can help in the search as well if you like," Kiyoshi would offer with a friendly nod to Suguru. He wanted to help his friend find his family if he could, it was the least he could do after everything Suguru had done for him.

Kiyoshi would then turn his attention back to Okane, "Once my shop is up and running, I will look for a capable employee that can help me with the crafting of some of the minor buildings that I have in mind. Breweries and other businesses that will turn a profit, and a few that is just for the betterment of the surroundings. Should you be willing to cover the cost of the materials for the buildings, the income of the buildings will go straight to you and the emporium. Over time, we can build more all over the empire you have build, and your income will increase immensely. If you don't already have a decent forge, I have designs for an advanced forge that increases the quality of the item. I have big plans Prince Okane, and I thank you for helping me in the pursuit of my desire. I promise you, it will be an investment worth your Ryo."

Experience: 3580/8720
    Renown: 15500
    Stats: 
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D -> A (Puppet Armor)
    • Stamina: S -> S++ (Jade Pendant)
    • Speed: E -> C (Puppet Armor)
    • Coordination: S -> S++ (Puppet Master Gloves)
    • Intelligence: S -> S+ (Lifestyle)
    • Perception: B
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:41 pm

Each of them had been more than tolerable at his table. Even if the slow one minded himself mostly and only seemed to care for Ryuko. Okane would smile fondly at the memory of the sensation. Being star struck in love over women. Trying to offer them the world by blowing through your fathers wealth. It had taken getting disowned and left to his own capable hands to build a place for himself. His original goal had simply been to surpass his fathers company. Now he could only hope that his father had taken note of his success and was proud. At least before Chen came along and ended the old man. Okane would clutch his knife a little tighter. Another man who had pain coming. He would add him to the list with those filthy aliens. However for now he finished a couple more bites of his steak. Each of them thanking him for his generosity. Of course they would be paid so much. Others like Gyo who was to become headmaster of the tower in kiri merely made a hundred thousand. He valued the talents of both of these individuals far more. Though Gyo was late to report his findings on an artifact leant to him.

Ryuko would go on about what she wished for next in her climb to godhood. She spoke of legal ways to obtain organs and Okane would simply set his silverware down and collect his wine. She was talking about human organ trading and thought there must be some legal way. Perhaps if someone sold her a kidney but the likelihood of that....It was hardly dinner talk and he was frankly surprised to see it from her. Perhaps a mind more for science than for manners. It wasn't often he lost himself to his own thoughts and the room. Excitement though followed behind the idea of more power for her. As if she had discovered she had not in fact peaked in her potential. Still the boy next to her would seem confused to have been asked another question. A small bit of speech again and that was all from him. Okane may always intend to be the center of intimidation by sheer class but by god she made Okane a background character for the lovestruck lad. Still it mattered little. Instead his attention turned to his new CFO. A man already with plans for further expansion.

Okane would finish the last of the wine in his cup. Idly placing his hand briefly on top of it as a servant shifted. Ready to refill anyone's glass the moment it emptied. She took the indication without hesitation and fell back in line. Barely a shift in the interaction. His guards and servant staff were all well trained in both regards. Though not on the level of their new boss. He would smile before clapping his hands once. "Wonderful. You're titles will be Warden and CFO. Warden Ryuko, I would have your first order of business to be the hiring and training of new guards of the highest caliber. Purchase the loyalty of however many you see fit. I will have our security match a major nations. Afterwards I at least would like a personal training session. Though I am not on your level by any means if any of you would like to help an amateur combatant grow....everyone in this room is free to join. CFO Kiyoshi. As you are in charge of the finances now you may use them as you see fit so long as it benefits the company as a whole. Utilize the tower academy offers in negotiations with both Kirigakure and Konohagakure to have them allow us to build whatever we can to make profit in their lands too. These buildings should add to their culture and be nothing but beneficial for both parties. However leave twenty million alone. I intend to use it to negotiate with Iwa. I will be retaking my home. That aside this was a productive meeting. You will have to excuse me and schedule the training as you see fit. I need to write up your contracts. " Okane would smile before snapping his fingers as he utilized his ftg seal downstairs. Popping into an uninhabited office further down. Heading to his legal team to draw up contracts. A smile on his face. Where he had been sitting golden feathers seemed to replace him and trickle down. Fading to dust and then nothing when they touched anything.

7 posts x 20 exp = 140 exp
    exit thread

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Ryuko Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:11 am

Warden… Ryuko rolled the title over in her head, getting a feel of it.   The word had a few associations with it, primarily being an official charged with special supervisory duties or with the enforcement of specified laws or regulations.   She supposed that was fitting enough even if it wasn’t the word she personally would have used.    It kind of felt more like you’d call someone in charge of a prison or nature preserve then the chief security officer for a multinational corporation. 

She raised an eyebrow in surprise at the notion that she was being expected to handle the hiring process.  Training was one thing but she’d expected it would mainly fall on human resources to source recruits  Finding top quality talent wasn’t easy, and while she had an eye for talent she already would have a lot on her plate just trying to secure the large amounts of land Okane had under his control on top of giving him personalized self defense lessons.    Oh well she supposed that’s why he was willing to pay her the big bucks to begin with.

She would have liked Okane to build a tower in Kumo as well considering he was building them for each member of the alliance.  But that probably wasn’t a priority while Kumo lay under foreign control.   Perhaps he didn’t need to given the amount of shares he owned for The Eclipse Federation meant it might as well be a subsidiary at least in purpose if not officially by name.  

The main reason he’d been able to acquire so much was complicated.  It was frustrating because in different circumstances those shares might have become hers.  Ryuko had gifted her shares of Darhk Industry to Tamwyn which had been converted to Eclipse Federation shares once Kara absorbed the remains of the company.  When Tamwyn first died his shares had been freed up, ultimately ending in Okanes hands.    

Ironically Tamwyn had apparently bought another portion of shares upon his resurrection but those shares were back in the air after his second death.   Not that Ryuko had any way to purchase those since the woman in charge of the company Kara was away on sick leave.  Honestly if she could punch her foolish student in the afterlife for wasting her generosity twice over she would gladly do so.

Okane soon left the room, leaving golden feathers in his wake that faded away upon contact with anything.   Ryuko wondered what was causing the special effect since as far as she knew Okane didn’t know much in the way of Genjutsu.   Maybe she’d ask him about it the next time she saw him.

“Tis no surprise you don’t know much about the nature bloodline Suguru. They exist more as a loose collection of powerful individuals than a proper clan in the true sense of the word.  What makes them and thereby you special is their inborn ability to passively gather and manipulate senjutsu chakra.”  she explained continuing their earlier topic.

“For a sage like myself getting such an implant  would be invaluable.  But before you are tempted to volunteer yourself let me warn you that such an act would weaken you.  If you were a civilian that would be one thing, but not for a Warrior. I refuse to see such a fine gentleman waste his potential away for my sake.”   Ryuko said firmly.   If he died in the line of duty that would be another story but well she wouldn’t easily allow for such a thing to happen while he was in her presence.   Part of the reason she wanted to get stronger was because she’d failed to save Raphile.  She wasn’t about to just sit back and let another ally  bite the dust if it was in her power to prevent it.

“What I can do is offer you a job.  President Okane wants me to hire new guards, those of the highest caliber. I can think of few people who fit that description better than you Suguru.”  He was already acting as Kiyoshi’s bodyguard, so why not get paid twice for doing the same job?  

“Thank you in advance for your assistance Sir Kiyoshi, though I’m afraid I’m unsure about how I can return the favor.”  With Okane providing him funds it was unlikely he would need any investments from her now, though she could help him as a surgeon if he had need for assistance.  She wasn’t quite on his level but she was still pretty good at least in her humble opinion.

“If you discover any leads about obtaining a promising bloodline during your travels please be sure to pass them on to me. “ She asked with mixed feeings.  It was frustrating how maybe the only path she had to get stronger involved taking from other people no matter how nicely she dressed it up.  Was there truly no other options or was she doomed to stagnate because she refused to just take what she needed? 

[8]

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A-> A++ (Arch Angel's Tiara)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: B
    Suguru
    Suguru
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Suguru Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:14 am

Despite the great amount of food that had once lain in front of Suguru, enough to feed multiple families for several days, it was now all barren, not even a single bone left, as the Fist of Konoha had eaten those too.

The conversation around the table had gotten complex, with a lot of words the chuunin did not understand, such as CFO, which he wondered what it could mean. Chief Fighter of Ogres? Captain Fabricator of Ovens? Cool Fancy Operator? Who knew.

Having laid bare his knowledge of the so-called Nature Clan, his comrade and cool friend Kiyoshi offered to help him search for the rest.

"Of course, Puppet King. We can add it to our list of cool future adventures." Suguru nodded to his friend. With him by his side, he would surely find them in record time. Kiyoshi was smart, and knew many people. He probably could just send a puppet and find them without leaving his house.

As Okane got up, Suguru would nod, with a brief "Thank you, Prince.", as free food had bought his friendship and respect, if only fleetingly. The golden feathers that remained in his place surprised Suguru; was the man a bird?

This line of inquiry was interrupted as the object of his adoration, Lady Ryuko, spoke, and Suguru's eyes shot from the feathered seat, onto her.

Praise came out of her mouth, as she referred to him as a powerful individual, who could collect Senjutsu chakra. He had no idea what that chakra was, but it probably was what made him unkillable and super strong. She then even called him a fine gentleman.

Women had called him a lot of things, but gentle was surely not one of them. Suguru would surely cry manly tears while looking at the sun at this compliment.

Seemingly reading his mind, she rejected his offer before it was laid out. One time, during a mission, a bandit even cut off his arm; the next time he woke up, it was back in its place. He took this to mean that his great Konohagakure blood allowed him to regenerate from any wound, and as such, he thought it to be a perfect way to win over the woman by offering his own heart, literally.

Yet, the crowning honour came last. An offer, not just to train with her, but to serve her; a guard. The chuunin never really had a proper job bar being a shinobi, and even that, at best, he was not of the highest skill. Most of his missions either required him to beat the living shit out of some animal or person. On those days he aspired to be a protector of his village, given more medals than anyone had before, and get a statue. He would spend days training without end, waiting for that mission that will finally make him his father's son.

On other days, he would be stuck with a mundane task like walking a dog or building a wall. He would tell himself that this time, the ryo he spent would not be wasted, and he would build that log cabin. Find a wife. Retire. Finally, fix the only pain he felt. Then he would wake up in some alley, drunk and broke once more.

This offer could finally stop all that. Training with Lady Ryuko would make him stronger than ever; surely worthy. Seeing his strength, she would surely fall for him. Working for Okane, who seemed to be so rich he could afford water that came in the bottle, he would get all the money he needed.

That was all the advantages that Suguru's mind could comprehend in a single instance, yet he did not accept. The chains that bound him were only second to one thing; his ignorance; They were the chains of loyalty to Konohagakure.

"Lady Ryuko, I am a warrior of Konohagakure. Only with the permission of the Hokage, I could accept such a request." He would reply, standing up, trying to look proud and cool.

[8]

Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kugutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Enjinia | Kagaku | Kajiya | Nyūsatsu | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: More than You

Post by Kiyoshi Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:39 am

Kiyoshi would nod as Okane stated that his title would be CFO, it was honestly more than he could have hoped for, but it was exactly what he needed. Okane would then disappear, leading Kiyoshi to realize that he not only knew of the teleportation technique that Airi used but he knew how to utilize it as well, that was something that interested him and would likely strike up a conversation about it later.

When Ryuko would state that she did not know how to return the favor, Kiyoshi would smile and shake his head. "Nonsense Lady Ryuko, you need not worry about paying me back or anything like that. We are on the same side, and it is my honor to help you however I can, whenever I can. I will be sure to look out for anyone willing to donate or otherwise help in your search, but for now I think it is time for me to retire. Suguru you may keep Lady Ryuko company if you wish, but I am tired from the journey. I bid you both a good day, and I shall see you later at the Auction, Lady Ryuko." Kiyoshi would state as he took his own leave, off to find Akimitsu and the room the other man had acquired for him.

{Exit Thread}

Experience: 3580/8720
    Renown: 15500
    Stats: 
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D -> A (Puppet Armor)
    • Stamina: S -> S++ (Jade Pendant)
    • Speed: E -> C (Puppet Armor)
    • Coordination: S -> S++ (Puppet Master Gloves)
    • Intelligence: S -> S+ (Lifestyle)
    • Perception: B
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Ryuko Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:44 am

Kiyoshi said that she didn’t really need to pay him back for his help since they were on the same side before making his leave.   It was enough for Ryuko to wonder where they were really on the same side?  Sure they were both working for Okane for the moment but that was more a means to an end rather than the end goal on Ryuko’s part.   Not that she was intending to do anything that would hurt the company or anything but Kiyoshi was from another village and down the line their interests might diverge.

Well honestly it was kind of dumb to worry about pointless what ifs.  The point was they were aligned for now and that was enough.  Too bad he was tired since she had more to ask of him, but that could wait another time.  The question now was what to  talk with Suguru about. 

“Are you going to be ok eating all those bones?” she asked with a touch of concern.  The volume of food he’d put away was a lot compared to the average person but nothing too concerning but typically most humans couldn’t digest bones and all.  Maybe it was a nature clan thing, she had to admit that would make them pretty efficient since nothing would go to waste.

“Your loyalty  is commendable.  I wish more people were as stalwart as you unlike certain people I know.  If I had more men like you perhaps Kumo wouldn’t have fallen.   Hopefully the Hokage will grant his permission for you to join us.”  she said wistfully.

[9]

Stats
    Suguru
    Suguru
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Suguru Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:48 am

Suguru made to leave with his comrade, as after all, his objective was to protect the man, yet the puppeteer provided him an offer he could not refuse.

"Keep her company?!" Even the chuunin, whose use of double entendre was what the sledgehammer was to surgery, was taken aback by such an overt message.

"Of course!" He replied with a red flush of excitement, and found himself seated once more; realizing he had no idea how to keep company to a woman. He had never gotten this far. The closest he had been was when she carried him back to safety after their mission. With no food to eat, Suguru decided to empty the pitcher filled with cola to buy himself more time and think of the next step.

Thankfully, Ryuko spoke once more; this time with concern about his eating habits.

"Yea, of course, Lady Ryuko. How else am I going to get my bones stronger if not by eating bones?" Suguru replied in a matter of fact way that made it seem like Ryuko was the one who was making no sense. "Plus, they clutter my room if I don't eat them."

The words of praise sent a shiver of pride through his spine; as the chuunin was starved from them. Even when he completed a mission perfectly, the administrator usually just gave him his payment before calling the next in line; after all, when his father was in command, it could not be seen as he was giving preference to his son.

"If a man is not loyal, than he is no man." Suguru said, while looking in the distance, in which case this was the wall behind Ryuko, as he emulated the master of cool, Drakon. Being sheltered from world happenings by a wall of ignorance, the chuunin had no clue as to why or how Kumogakure had fallen. Since it was called the village in the clouds, he assumed it just landed on the ground, and all was good.

"I am sure that if you ask yourself, the answer will be a certainty." He blurted, trying to match the regal vocabulary.

[9]

Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper

Post by Ryuko Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:40 am

For a moment Ryuko felt like her brain was freezing up as Suguru mentioned making his own bones stronger by eating the bones of others.   Why? Because he was technically actually right about that.  After all, bones were an excellent source of calcium.  It was just usually they where typically ground up into bone meal first and used as a supplement not eaten whole since most humans couldn’t digest them that way.

It really must have been a clan thing as she had suspected. The question she was almost afraid to ask though was why was he eating in his room, and what was he eating that would clutter the place if he left the bones behind.  If she didn’t know better the context made iit almost sound like he was bringing in entire animals to munch on. 

“Do you not have a dining room?” she asked. She was so ric that the concept of a one bedroom apartment was almost foreign to her.  As Queen she’d worked hard to raise the standard of living so that even the poorest of her people should have been able to live comfortably.  Until now she had considered the land of fire to be a sort of golden country with similar living standards to the land of lightning but perhaps she’d been under the wrong impression.   

It was inconceivable to her that someone as esteemed as Suguru would be forced to live in squalid conditions but she was starting to suspect that his home didn’t treat him as kindly as they should.  It was something that she would have to investigate further at a later date if the chance ever arose

“Well said. Colour me suprised, I didn't take you for such a masterful orator Suguru”  Ryuko replied to Suguru’s no man line.  The more he spoke on the subject the more respectable he appeared to be.  For someone that wasn’t supposed to be that smart he was remarkably well spoken.  It just went to show that just because someone wasn’t properly educated it didn’t make them stupid.  

Suguru might not be able to do quantum physics but he had the soul of a poet which in many ways was just as important.   Yes humanity needed physics and science but it also needed the arts as well or the word would be drab and gray. He was fun to be around because just speaking to him seemed to make the world more colourful.

“I don’t know, if tis was me I would be reluctant to lend such a useful person out for long.”  She had been willing to put her top student at the time Tamwyn on bodyguard duty for Damian because Damian was a high priority vip but she wouldn’t have wasted him on general guard duty otherwise.  

Having long since finished her ramen, Ryuko took  a sip of her beer which was beginning to run low before refusing a refill.  She liked to drink recreationally and for religious purposes but only enough to get a light buzz, never enough to be inebriated.   Getting drunk was irresponsible when she might be called on to fight at the drop of a hat at any moment.   Glancing out the window she noted how late it was getting.   Looking at the sky now was like looking at the masterwork of a famous painter. 

“When I look to the sunset, all the colours so beautiful. That the tears fall right down, into the sea to the ocean of my heart.”  She said softly, quoting a part of one of her favorite songs before turning to face Suguru once more. 

“You know I’d like to make some armor for you.  Call it a reward for our last mission, or perhaps a token of my esteem.  The only issue is what material to craft with. The usual  Adamantium or Meteor metal won’t work for you my friend.  They are far too rigid to use on someone who can change sizes.”  she said feeling somewhat flummoxed but the conundrum. 

[10]

Stats
    Suguru
    Suguru
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Suguru Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:56 pm

"Of course, I cannot eat without a dining room. But it is also the Hokage Praying Shrine, Training Room, Sleeping Room, Ramen Making Room, Manga Reading Room-" Suguru would have continued explaining all the things that he did in his one-room apartment, yet his mind could only process so much before drawing a blank. "And a lot of room types, you know, of course."

The only words he understood were the request to colour her surprised. Yet, there was a great problem. Suguru could not draw nor did he have a pencil. Was there a drawing jutsu? Probably. But that was super gay, and he would not know such a jutsu. The chuunin was the solitary member of the philosophical school of thought that Jutsu had one aim: Be cool. Yet he could not reject a request by Lady Ryuko, either. Putting his mind in overdrive, fueled greater by the praise of him being a "useful person."

"As a Konohagakure Taijutsu user, I have made my skin an armour. Look-" The chuunin would say, as he smashed a glass bottle that once contained water over his head, without even blinking. "You can smash a chair on me if you want. Not even going to feel it, Lady Ryuko."

While the past Raikaige might have needed liquor to loosen her lips about secret Jutsu, Suguru needed only the mere sight of her to open up about his 'secret' jutsu.

"I have even been working on an improved version of that jutsu that makes you super tough; Body of the Bear." Suguru would explain, before taking off his shirt and started flexing really hard.

To someone who had senses so finely tuned like Ryuko, she could easily perceive that Suguru was making use of an inordinate amount of chakra, far more what was needed for a jutsu of the calibre he had been described by him, and should she be able to perceive tenketsu, she would also notice that some critical points were not being given enough chakra to produce the effect desired and others where being overloaded.

"I call it-" Suguru would tell Ryuko, putting just enough of a pause to create suspense. "Body of *TWO* Bears."

At the mention of the previously unheard-of number of bears, the usage of Chakra would spike through the roof, as he did his best to not start shouting, despite his primal instinct telling him to do so.

[10]
    20 AP spent on a failed attempt to learn Body of Two Bears.

Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper

Post by Ryuko Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:44 am

So he really did only have one room then.  She had to admit it he was being pretty efficient with how he was using it, even if some of those uses sounded more questionable then others.  Still what the heck was Konoha thinking.  Considering how useful he’d shown himself to be in the short time they’d had to interact with each other he had to be one of their more dependable units.  She wasn’t expecting them to give him something on the scale of mashion but you’d think they’d at least grant him a larger apartment or something. 

“Manga huh? What kind of series are you reading?” She latched onto that topic with a rapid interest.  As an intellectual and an aristocrat she was an avid reader to the point she owned her own private library including plenty of books from overseas in other languages.   Some people might think Manga was a little low-brow for a Queen but in truth she had an entire wing likely larger than Suguru’s entire apartment complex dedicated to just comics which she perused from time to time when she needed a break from the heavier academic material. 

She watched in surprise as he suddenly smashed a glass bottle against his own head.  Normally she would have tried to stop him but it had been so unexpected that she hadn’t had the chance to interject. 

“I have no doubt the average chair wouldn’t scratch you. But I’m concerned that toughness of yours won't be enough….”  If someone asked her if Suguru was strong her answer would be yes, but that answer was relative.  He was better than average in the ninja world but couldn’t hope to compare to an X-ranker like herself.    She wanted the nature clan powers for herself so badly that the temptation was there for her to just take it from him.  

It would be all too easy to blame that temptation on Rafaela’s influence but Ryuko knew the truth that it was coming from her own darkside.  People in her church often called her a living saint but the truth was she was far from perfect just like any other human being.  And so she pushed that temptation down, shoving it into a closet deep in the recesses of her soul and locking it away.     In some ways the fate of the world could depend on her growing stronger but she still choose integrity.  That was the only way she knew how to live, the only path she could possibly walk without making more regrets for herself. 

Luckily Suguru seemed to have a solution to his toughness problem as he mentioned his secret new jutsu.  Ryuko naturally knew about the Body of bears, but the idea of making it stronger by putting more chakra into it had never crossed her mind.   Considering the problem with her teleportation method was that she wasn’t tough enough to use it without triggering Rafaela’s regeneration ability  this could be the solution to that problem. 

“The body of two bears instead of one…. YOU’RE BRILLIANT” she exclaimed letting her usual poker face slip in her excitement.  Still she could tell that something wasn’t quite right as Suguru tried to activate his new trump card.   She was no sensor type but she could tell by his posture, and the way he was moving that he was putting more effort into the jutsu then was required, essentially overloading it and causing it to misfire. “You’re using too much Chakra, try dialing it down a notch or two.” She suggested trying to be helpful.  

[11]

Stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm