Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Teaching a Nara new tricks

Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: Check Updates

Teaching a Nara new tricks Empty Teaching a Nara new tricks

Post by Airi Ohara Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:05 am

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    Airi raised her arms up into the air and let out a big stretch. She let out a little yawn as she just stood casually upon the training grounds with a stack of scrolls sitting in front of her. She was in a particular patch of grass where nobody seemed to be training. The sound of kunai hitting the wooden training dummies rang through her ears. She was dressed in her red lamellar armor with her sakkat sitting next to her as she looked over the scrolls, then took a seat directly next to them. She really didn't feel like learning from these scrolls today. These were relatively boring to learn, feeling less than enthusiastic today. "Maaaaaan. All of this training is so boring. I really need to get myself a boyfriend or something. Have him take me out to dinner, shower me with gifts, be affectionate to me," she said in a dreamy voice before letting out a sigh. She turned her head to the side and started to pluck each individual petal off of a dandelion. "Even Hanabi has a boyfriend. Even if the guy's a jerk. I'm kinda jealous," she said in a very pouty manner, even puffing out her cheeks from annoyance.

She turned her head for a moment, watching everyone train hard. That's all she has been doing. She had to make the Hyuga clan proud of a reject like her and that her 'dirty Uzumaki blood' wasn't a hindrance to her performance as a member of the Hyuga clan. Even if she was very low on the run when it comes to Hyuga, she wants to out-perform the head house just to teach them a thing or two. She stopped plucking the petals off of the dandelion and ran her fingertips around the flower. "Maybe Ren could stop by, give me something cool to drink and even watch me train," she said, once again, in a very pouty manner. She did kind of like the guy -- even moreso than she liked Taco or Tengoku. Those two were cute, but they didn't really give her the time of day, nor the attention, that Ren had. With a grumble, she leaned back, laying down upon the grass and placed her sakkat over her face. "Here's hoping a 'Prince Charming' would make his way here and sweep me off of my feet. Figuratively or literally? I don't care," she said before letting out a deep breath, letting it flap her lips as if she was bored.

OOC:
    Since this is 2 people in a topic, we get 10 EXP per post. Since this is in the Big Training Grounds, we get an additional 5 EXP for a total of +15 EXP per post.

Last edited by Airi Ohara on Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Village: Konohagakure
    Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga

CP: 290 | 130 Senjutsu CP
    Strength: D {C}
    Constitution: B {B+}
    Stamina: B {A+}
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A
    *Attuned: Weaknessless Soaring Shortswords
    *Attuned: Str +1 Tier due to Attunement with Silent Meteoric Kote
    *Con + from Lifestyle
    *+1(+) passive Stamina due to Uzumaki
    *Raiton Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Taijutsu Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton
    Class: D
    Ryo: 3,075

Teaching a Nara new tricks Empty Re: Teaching a Nara new tricks

Post by Suzuya Nara Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:24 am

Suzuya would walk by while she lays on the ground. As he passed her, he would say to himself out loud "Decent bit of people here today, it's been a little bit since I was last here." He headed towards a shaded area of that same grass patch. He was around 70ft from her, standing about 20ft from a training dummy. If Airi were to look at his at all, she would see him wearing a light grey unzipped jacket, no hood, and similarly colored short. His shirt underneath was a black color along with some black athletic tights under the shorts. He would sit on the ground as he would prepare some items that he intended on training with that day. He could be seen attaching steel wire to a number of senbon, then winding up the lengths of wire before carefully placing half of these combined items into his right hip pouch, and the rest into his left pouch.

Standing back up, he had equip his pouches on either hip before taking a stance towards the wooden dummy in front of him. After a few seconds, he would whip his hand into and out of his pouch, immediately throwing on of the wired senbon at the dummy. Without wasting any time, Suzuya would form a few hand seals before grabbing the end of the wire out of his pouch. The wire lights up with electrical energy, sending it directly into the dummy. Once the technique concluded, he would yank on the wire, pulling the senbon back to himself. He would repeat this process a couple times before taking a break to recollect and wind the wire back up. While doing this he would look around and watch the other people present training their own different things. Seeing all of this got Suzuya even more fired up then he was before he walked in. Standing back up, he would enter the same ready stance as before.

Chakra (Base): 110
    Lighning Release: Snake Thunder
    - Base Chakra cost: 5 (Reduced to 3, Chosen Ninjutsu Element)
    - Performed 6 times
    Total Chakra use: 18
    New Chakra Total: 92

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:49 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    With a big yawn, Airi moved the Sakkat over her face and sat up instantly after having taken a brief nap. She looked around before raising a single hand above her head and arched her back in a big stretch. She heard her muscles crack, her elbows pop, before letting out a gentle moan before throwing her arms down. Smacking her lips together, she turned and noticed a new configuration of the training grounds. Her eyes turned to look towards the new configuration to see a man in a gray zip-up sweatshirt. The guy was dressed like he was here to train unlike her and everyone else that wear their usual attire, he seemed to be wearing something more comfortable. That should be what she should do. With a little grumble, she placed the sakkat upon the top of her head and stood up, doing another big stretch. After collecting her scrolls, she turned her head and watched the shinobi train.

Her eyes blinked after watching him train for a moment. What an interesting way to fight. Connecting a senbon to his wire and electrocuting it. That did seem interesting, but she wasn't quite strong enough to throw it fast enough for it to work. She relied more on speed and finesse. She walked over towards the shinobi, squeezing the tip of her sakkat with her index and thumb and pushed it up to see better. "That's something pretty interesting technique you have there. Already learn Wave of Inspiration?" she asked before fully approaching him, stopping short about 10 feet from the man, not wanting to intrude in his training space. She snapped her fingers and pointed upwards. "No no. I got it. Snake Thunder," she commented. She had yet to use it aside from actually learning the jutsu, finding other jutsu a bit more useful.

She shrugged her shoulders, still not used to wearing the heavy armor and lifted a hand up to the level of her face and wiggled her fingers. "I'm Airi and I also use Raiton. Sorry if I'm intruding. Your jutsu just kinda caught my attention was all."

*Con + from Lifestyle
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Upon hearing a voice speaking in his direction, Suzuya would turn his head towards the source of the voice. Seeing Airi standing there, his serious and focused facial expression would soften into a light smile as he would raise his right arm up to his forehead and wipe the little bit of sweat that accumulated there.

"Yeah, it is Snake Thunder. Though I have actually completely forgot about Wave of Inspiration. Considering I have had longer access the former, I hadn't considered the latter." He would push his sleeves halfway up his forearms before approaching, and stretching his arm out towards her for a handshake as she introduced herself. As they were shaking hands and she mentions her name to be Airi he would pause the handshake, without releasing her hand. "Airi? I had just met and made a new friend recently. I asked him if he knew any other shinobi that were worth meeting and one of his top recommendations was actually you. I figured it would be sooner of later that I would run into someone. Nice to meet you, I'm Suzuya. and you aren't intruding at all, I actually welcome all the attention as it leads to introductions and new friends like this!" He says this with a bright smile as he looked down towards her from his 5'7" height level. Remembering that he was still holding her hand, he would release without saying sorry as he didn't see it to be too much of an issue, but also without thinking of the possible discomfort that could be caused by such an action.

"Question, would you say Wave of Inspiration would be worth training for this fighting strategy instead of Snake Thunder?" He would ask this as she did meant it a short while before the introductions and it got the gears in his mind turning early in his training session. This could very well be a new addition to the training list for today is definitely a thought that permeated Suzuya's mind at this point in time as he is always looking for new ways and strategies to keep in mind while in combat.

Sifting through all of his thoughts in the immediate moment, after her respond to his question, if she even responded he would remember that he hadn't told her who even mentioned her to him in the first place. "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to clarify that it was a shinobi by the name of Ren who spoke of you before. I probably should have said that earlier, hehe." His face would don the expression of sincerity and apology as he raised his left hand to scratch the back of his head with a sheepish smile to accent it all.

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:16 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    He offered his hand, turning her gaze down towards it for a brief moment before turning her eyes upwards to meet his. She gave him a warm smile and took his hand, applying no pressure. His hands were large and they were quite strong, similar to someone else's hands she had felt the other day during her first mission with him. The handshake overstayed it's welcome, but she didn't want to be rude to him. However, her thoughts on the lingering hand-holding vanished when she was addressed about being someone to meet and by a certain someone. Confusion began to sink in for a moment which turned into intrigue. Once the two released their hands, she lowered it down to her side, wanting to wipe her hand off on her pants but resisting the urge. He had been training and was probably quite sweaty after all.

"Now I'm curious. Who could this random person be? Maybe you'll have to tell me later. And well met, Suzuya," she said with a bright and glittering smile upon her face. She had the face of an innocent young woman, but had experienced something she would have considered quite awful in the last few days. The way this guy talked was quite cute and adorable, naïve to a fault, but that could just be his uppity and peppy attitude -- that'll change with more effort and work. She took a couple steps back and places a balled up fist up to her cheek in thought. She looked around and started to think.  "It's not bad if you like using ninja tools, which it looks like you do. Wave of Inspiration needs a conductor in order to use, well, efficiently," she said with a slight pause, pacing back and forth before moving her hands back down to her side.  "Everything is kinda situational, ya know? It never hurts to have a lower ranking jutsu at your disposal depending on the situation," she said with an affirming nod afterwards.

She stopped and looked Suzuya over briefly. "And besides, you probably don't have the chakra control required to use it properly. I mean, I'd totally teach you if I had the authorization to. Which, probably won't be long before I have the authorization to teach higher ranking jutsu," she said. A fellow raiton user was great to encounter as they could bounce ideas off of one another and potentially learn from one another. It was at that moment that Suzuya mentioned who it was that referred him to meet her and her body stiffened and her face went a beet red. Her eyes started to dart from side-to-side before letting out an uneasy giggle. "Oh! Ren you say. He wouldn't happen to be an Uchiha, would he?" she asked, now slouching her posture slightly, moving her hands behind her back and turn from side to side, playfully kicking her feet. She had what some would call 'a crush' on him. Well, until she finds out what he did to Hanabi.

She stopped, shook her head, and regained her composure. "Oh, sorry about that. Certain names get certain... uh... reactions out of me, heh. Anyway, what were we doing again? Right!" she said in a fairly flustered manner. Her voice grew and octave higher in pitch and her speech cadence increased in it's pace as she kept talking. Clearing her throat. "So, you wouldn't mind if I trained with you do you? I have a.. uh.. few Lightning jutsu scrolls I want to learn as well," she said briefly, letting about 10 scrolls fall from her side, letting them crash onto the ground.  

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:49 pm

Suzuya would stand listening to what Airi was saying as she was making sense. Until she spoke about him possibly not being able to control the chakra properly. "I actually have pretty good chakra control. And I definitely appreciate the offer to teach me even thought you say you couldn't. I do really appreciate it. I could just study the scroll next time I make plans to train and learn it then." He would be slightly irritated when she assumed he didn't have good chakra control. But at the same time, she just met him and doesn't know what he is capable of so it doesn't bother him for but a second.

"I actually practice chakra control constantly. It's basically a requirement for us Nara clan members." As he said that he would bring his hands together into the Rat hand seal. He nods towards the ground as he makes his shadow do a little wiggle dance for a second before releasing the chakra.

As she asked of Ren and if he was the one who was an Uchiha, Suzuya would confirm that she was correct to think so. He would watch her with a soft smile while her body became visibly giddy and it made him feel good inside to see others happy. He would wait for he to settle down without disturbing her memories. Once she returned to the conversation and the topic of training, he would respond. "I definitely don't mind you training with me at all. What scrolls have you brought with you? Now don't worry about the scroll rank either. I may be a fresh genin, but I do have access to the B rank stuff in the library." He says this with a sly grin appearing on his face.

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:24 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    This revelation actually caught her off-guard. She raised a brow and recoiled a bit. She looked him up and down once more and rubbed her chin. "Well, my apologies," she said for a moment, now regretting turning on her Byakugan to get a more accurate reading on his chakra. She leaned forward and kept her eyes up towards Suzuya and raised a single finger upwards with a flirtatious wink. "Well then. Seems you and I are going to be official training partners when it comes to Raiton, huh? We can develop some cool jutsu and maybe teach each other. What'dya say?" she asked, drawing out the word 'say' in a bit of a teasing manner. While training by herself was more her speed, it never hurt to train with another, especially someone who had a fighting style in common with her. She quickly stood back up and placed her hands behind her back. She was also curious on what Ren had to say about her, but now was neither the time nor the place for that.

As he corrected her, she looked from the rat handseal and down to his shadow, seeing it wiggle and dance for a moment before he released his chakra, causing it to stop. Her eyes opened wide, never seeing this technique before. She doesn't have any knowledge of the Nara and she probably wouldn't be able to pick one out of a crowd to save her life. "Oh! That's pretty cool!" she commented. Shadow Ninjutsu was way beyond her depth and it didn't really interest her, in the slightest, but it was kind of a terrifying ability as there will always be shadow no matter where anyone goes.

It was then that he asked what scrolls she brought with her.  She looked up, um'd a bit, and bent at the knees to sift through the scrolls. She noticed a specific scroll, one that she already knew, but she rolled it over towards Suzuya. "This jutsu, I would highly recommend. It's the Lightning Rat Violent Quake jutsu. Stupid name, I agree, but it's got really good range. And I also developed a jutsu from it -- which I actually need to practice," she said to Suzuya, turning her head and giving him a rather nervous laugh. A drop of sweat falling down the side of her head. "But since I'm here, I might as well practice it, right?" she asked before returning to sift through the scrolls. They were some more niche jutsu, but it never hurt to learn.

"Well, they're all lightning jutsu. Some I might never actually need to use like this one," she said as she picked up a scroll called 'Rock Avalanche'. She looked at the scroll and tossed it to the side. She'll learn it, but probably not now. She continued to rummage through the pile and tossed out Thunder Binding.  "That's another kinda stupid one. It takes too much preparation. And believe it or not, there's an S Rank jutsu that requires you to have learned that. Ugh!" she groaned in disgust. There were a few others, but she had a few that she really wanted to learn, some of her own original creations.

"Eh, I guess you can learn that one first. I have a jutsu that I developed and need to practice and I can probably teach it to you, probably in a clumsy manner," she said, taking a deep breath and plopping down on her butt upon the ground amidst the scrolls.

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:44 pm

Suzuya would chuckle lightly before responding to her proposal. "I definitely don't mind having a raiton training partner at all. I feel we could make some great techniques! Maybe even some tech-combos too." Just thinking about it started to get him excited. Friends and training together at once? Possibly making new jutsu as well? What more could he ask for? His mind started racing as he now wants to see what she knows and how she thinks along side what she does in combat. All of this is kept inside as she starts to speak again, recommending the Lightning violent rat quake.

He would take it and read it over for a few seconds before handing it back to her. "Alright. Yeah I understand, I have seen a lot that I feel won't be useful to me but maybe later on I may feel like it may be useful so later on I will check some of them out Haha. I'll go ahead and work out this lightning rat real quick. I'll be just a sec." He says this as he heads off about 30ft. and close his eyes, visualizing the technique before actually attempting it. A few seconds roll by before he moves again.

First thing to move is his hands as he starts to form the hand seals we read on the scroll. Monkey, Ox, Boar, Tiger, Rat, Dog. His jacket starts to float up as if in slow motion before electricity begins to discharge out from under it and all around him. Within 10ft of him in all directions, many electrical discs form in the air and hover for a bit, before he shoves his hands forward towards the dummy he was training on earlier. About 12 discs all fly out in that direction. Some flying completely straight and some a curved route to their destination. As the first two reach the dummy, a couple of flashes as they disburse after contact, leaving gashes in the wood before the rest all come down bombarding the dummy in a large sphere of electrical chakra. Once all of the chakra disburses, only a little bit of the dummy remained, heavily singed at the base and the rest has fallen to bits and pieces all around it. "Well, that might have been a bit of overkill... I mean it's just a dummy, it can be replaced, hehe." He would look up to Airi after completing the jutsu she gave him. He watched her and the technique she was attempting. Silently, he would observe and analyze her movements and try to deduce her intentions for the jutsu.

After a little bit of watching her train, he would quickly remember a technique that he was also planning on training before he came here today. He would walk a few steps to another dummy that was near and crouch down to one knee before taking out 4 wired senbon, 2 from each hip. He would scatter these on the ground about 5ft away from him before forming the Rat hand seal once again. His shadow begins to move but this time not in a dancing fashion. His shadow would appear to shrink before darting out into 4 tendrils. Each one would grab a separate senbon and rushing out in separate directions for 10ft. Immediately they would throw the senbon all at the same time at the new dummy. Immediately after throwing, the shadows would retract back to Suzuya who would be seen now pulling all the ends of the wire together into one hand and forming a familiar string of hand seals. He was performing Snake Thunder again on all for wires just as they all hit their mark on the dummy, lighting it up like a popular food stall at a festival.

Suzuya would look amazed at what just happened even though he was the one who just did it. If anyone had been watching him since the beginning of his training today, they would have easily noticed that when his shadows threw the senbon, the senbon would have been faster and stronger than when he himself had thrown them with his own hands. " That will forever be the way I throw anything. Unless I can find someone to make a strong wrist senbon launcher for me."

Current Chakra: 69
    Snake Thunder: C-Rank Jutsu, D-Rank cost - 3cp
    learned:
    • Lightning Rat Violent Quake: B-Rank Jutsu, C-Rank cost - 5cp
    • Shadow Gathering Technique: B-Rank Jutus, B-Rank cost - 10cp

B-Rank word cost - 200
    total word cost - 400
    Total word count - 736

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:30 am

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    She crossed her legs and quickly dropped to her rear, placing her hands upon her ankles and watched her new raiton training partner get to work learning the jutsu. She rocked from side to side as he moved off, further away from the dummy, about 50 feet or so, and became as still as a corpse. She tilted her head to the side for a moment before seeing him raise up his hands and begin to perform the long string of handseals required. Her mind was completely blown. She had to keep looking at the scroll, perform the handseals multiple times in a dry run, and then perform it with lightning chakra. Her eyes widened as she saw electricity swell around him and discs started to form. She had particular trouble with this specific jutsu as 15 discs were quite difficult to manage and maintain, even with her midling level of coordination. The vast devastation that was wrought was enough to make her clap her hands in front of her chest.

"Holy moly! That was devastating! You've got some talent, huh?" she said before standing up and brushing off her rear and the back of her legs. "Oh, they're meant to be beat up anyway. But holy crap! You blew it up effortlessly. AND you learned the jutsu real fast. Sheesh," she said, puffing her cheeks out, almost jealous. It was at this point that she just placed that scroll back into the pile that she had collected and really ought to train and return sometime. She looked around and quickly 'commandeered' another couple training dummies and sloppily dragged them back towards where the duo were training. She kicked over the nearly destroyed one that Suzuya had his way with. After setting up the dummies, she skipped back over towards him and placed both hands upon her hips. And where he was was no longer where he currently is. She turned and looked towards Suzuya with a tilt of her head. Well, while he did that, she would take the opportunity to return to one of the dummies she had set up and stare at it for a moment.

Yes. The perfect idea for a jutsu popped into her head. Why hit hard when you can hit many times and fast. Taking a deep breath, she shook herself out and started to bounce around on the balls of her feet, entering the Spring Chant stance where she bounced around and focused more on speed and aggression rather than raw power. She whirled around the dummy and, like a blur, unloaded a series of 32 strikes in the span of two seconds. A blink and one would miss it. Dust kicked up around her and the dummy before the dummy ended up moving on it's own and splintered causing holes to form on the outside and heavy dents to form more towards the inside with splinters shooting out everywhere.  With a nod, she turned to look back towards Suzuya and shouted out to him. "Now that you know Lightning Rat Violent Quake, wanna learn something I came up with?" she shouted out, trying to get his attention from the dummy he drew himself towards.

Learning: 32 Hand Strike (Custom Technique) Ora ora ora!

Last edited by Airi Ohara on Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:05 am

"... AND you learned the jutsu real fast. Sheesh." Suzuya would lightly chuckle as she said this. Seeing her puff out her cheeks like that made him feel a little apologetic so he responded to her.

"Well I mean, when it comes to studying, from a young age I was taught to look into the minute details and break a whole situation down from the start. For whole situations, I still have a bit of trouble getting more than half of my investigations correct. But since I have been mentally wired to do that for a lot of things, it just naturally happens with jutsu and chakra. I spent most of my time not finishing the academy and practicing jutsu for years before my family made me actually complete it. On top of them saying I have a knack for raiton ninjutsu and the fact that I have created - to my knowledge - my own custom jutsu, I just understand my connection to raiton and the nara abilities. So I can only take half credit for my capabilities. The rest goes to my family."

After saying that, as she started to practice her jutsu of choice, he returned to the dummy to practice his Nara ability. He would finish up getting the hang of it as she walked up to him asking if he wanted to finally learn what she came up with. He would respond in kind. "Of course, and I guess I could show you my technique that I worked out as well. I don't know much about teaching but I can kinda show you at least, hehe." He says this as he walks up to her, accepting her offer. Curious as to what she came up with but also excited for the chance to learn new stuff as always. So much so that he hasn't even attempted to think of ways to enhance that technique she had him learn. "So what you got? I can't wait to see it!"

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:01 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    It must've been nice to be that intelligent. Airi had issues processing information, absorbing it as well as any other layman would. So the fact that she was training with a genius almost made her feel insignificant. She had trained pretty hard for many months now and even attempted to develop her own jutsu -- this jutsu taking her a couple weeks to even conceive of. He ended up dropping information that completely flew over her head. She didn't know squat about the Nara Clan, not even really knowing the existence of such a clan, only having been back to the village for a short 4 years. But now that she knew about the clan, she would have to do some asking around about them. Maybe something in their genetics gave them the power to manipulate shadow and to have quite the large brain or something. She placed both of her hands upon her hips and leaned forward in a flirtatious manner. "Now I'm curious about our local genius' custom jutsu. Maybe you'll show me something nice after I show you something nice, hm?" she said in a very flirtatious manner before standing back upright and taking a deep breath out, letting Spring Chant come to a slow deactivation.

She nodded in approval of Suzuya showing her his jutsu and was then confronted with showing him her jutsu. She had only performed it once as a means of trying to create the jutsu, but she would need far more practice. "Sure. But eh. I'm still kinda learning the jutsu as well. So you'll have to be a bit patient," she said with slightly nervous laughter as a bead of sweat fell down her temple.  She scratched her cheek with her fingernail gently, not enough to leave any wounds.
    "Um. So I basically took the idea of Lightning Rat Violent Quake.  But instead of creating a bunch of small discs, I combined all of that energy to create a single, more powerful, more destructive disc. Uh, it uses, the um," she said, getting a bit nervous. Teaching wasn't really her thing and when she did get around to teaching, she would constantly stagger and stammer and trip over herself and her own words.

"Tch. Okay, so you would use: Ox," she said as she formed the handseal at the same time, trying to recall it from memory. She really should start writing all of this down so she didn't need to actually recall all of this information. "Horse. Dragon. Tiger. Snake," she said as she is now visibly struggling to remember the last sign. "Uh..  Hare!" she said as if having a eureka moment. "Uh.. My lightning chakra also kinda looks a bit different. So color might vary," she said before taking a few steps back and turned towards one of the other dummies she set up and eyeballed the dummy for a moment before concentrating all of the lightning chakra around her body and started to form the handseals for the jutsu. Afterwards, she held her hand above her head. In a less-than-dramatic fashion, a relatively large disc was created, causing an extremely loud buzzing sound. Her lightning Chakra, however, looked different. It was bright and pearlescent, changing colors like oily water or that of a pearl. Her lightning chakra was radiant, immaculate. The buzzsaw was rotating at incredible speeds, causing a whirring and crackling sound as it finished spooling up to 1200 RPM. It was a tightly fitted electrical buzzsaw, very loud and very bright. With an effortless throw, the buzzsaw instantly and quickly rushed towards the dummy. During all of this, she had her finger pointed towards the target the entire time.

With a quick swipe, she caused the buzzsaw to take a 90 degree turn to the left before colliding with the dummy and then used it once more to make it take a complete 180 without losing any momentum. This would set it on a collision course with the dummy. As the loud blade collided with the dummy, it painlessly cleaved directly through the dummy and eventually dissipated as soon as it reached it's maximum range, leaving nothing but silence.  It was then, and only then, that the dummy fell after being cleaved.  She let out a loud sigh and slouched her shoulders.  "I call that the Glittering Buzzsaw," she stated before uprighting her posture.

Learning and teaching: Glittering Buzzsaw

yXZFilq.gif
    Name: Pearlescent Lightning Release: Glittering Buzzsaw
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: 10 Chakra
    Range: 0-80m
    Speed: B++
    Element: Non-Elemental/Raiton
    Skill: Raiton/Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret (May be learned from Airi)
    Requirements: N/A
    Parent Technique: Lightning Rat Violent Quake
    Hand Seals: Ox → Horse → Dragon → Tiger → Snake →  Hare
    Description: Derivative of the Lightning Rat Violent Quake jutsu, the user injects her own special lightning chakra, which she called 'Pearlescent Lightning' which causes her Raiton to exhibit a bright white with a 'moving' rainbow coloring through it. Combining all 15 circular blades of the parent jutsu, the user performs the handseals and moves their hand above their head to form a loud and buzzing circular blade above their head. The spinning buzzsaw of Pearlescent Lightning also makes a crackling noise and has sparks flying off of the quickly spinning blade. The 'buzzsaw' also spins at 1200 RPM and is 4 feet in diameter at a 1/8" thickness. The blade only takes a micro-second to fully form before the user throws the 'buzzsaw'. The 'buzzsaw' is weightless and will travel to wherever it was thrown into, penetrating through almost everything until it travels the entire distance of the jutsu. Upon reaching the full fange, the jutsu will dissipate.

The user may completely change the direction of the Buzzsaw twice per use. This will allow the user to change it's trajectory at ANY angle as long as the Buzzsaw hasn't traveled it's full range. However, electing to change the direction of this technique, it's movements will be made at -1 Coordination for each time the user decides to change the Buzzsaw's direction.

Weaknesses: Unlike Lightning Rat Violent Quake, it's parent technique, this jutsu is a single and much larger lightning jutsu, consisting of a single blade rather than multiples. Due to this, the jutsu loses the 'accuracy by volume'. This jutsu is also extremely bright and extremely loud, making stealth impossible. If the user doesn't place their hand directly over their head, they run the risk of harming themselves with the jutsu. Anything of Hardness: A will take damage from the attack, but completely deflect the attack into a logical direction. There is also a hazard that if the user changes the direction of the jutsu, they may end up accidentally bring it towards themselves. The user must make the appropriate hand-gestures to 'guide' the buzzsaw towards the intended direction if they wish to change it's trajectory.

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:14 am

Ox. Horse. Dragon. Tiger. Snake. Hare. Suzuya locked those hand seals in that order in him mind while he watched her perform her technique. Analyzing everything she does to begin the jutsu, then watching the large disc form above her head. It was much larger than the many discs from the original technique but it did give off this buzzing sound that he didn't understand at first. It wasn't until he realized the speed that it was spinning, and that was the reason it was making that sound. "Interesting... For a second, I didn't realize it was actually spinning. Had me wondering what the buzzing sound was. Glittering Buzzsaw, hm? Well going off of that, I guess it's my turn to try it out."

Suzuya would copy her hand seals and movements up to the point that the disc was made, but considering he is using Lightning Rat as a base, instead of one large disc forming, multiple discs form that then merge together. This makes a singular disc grow but not by much. When looking closer, it would seem that the disc was actually becoming bulbus as per his knowledge of putting things into pockets and such, so he disbursed his chakra for that attempt and restarted the whole process. This time instead of picturing many discs becoming one, he would picture one disc as large as Airi's. Once he got the shape of it down, he would twist his hand that he was holding up in the air in an attempt to make the disc spin faster. It did. It began making the same buzzing noise it made when she did it. Suzuya himself doesn't care too much for the sound but nonetheless, he did it. He would throw the disc towards the dummy and after it struck he would flick his hand upward, sending the disc upward as well.

"This technique did actually prove to be a bit difficult, hehe. But now that I got the feel of it down it should be smooth sailing from here. Although I don't care too much for how loud it is, maybe we could figure out a way to quiet it down a bit later. But as promised, you showed me yours. So now it's time to show you mine." Suzuya would already he visibly excited from learning a new jutsu but becomes even more so when it comes around time for him to show off his own technique.

"So, All in all, this is basically just the act of transforming all of your circulating chakra inside your body into a raiton stat and controlling it to keep it in its cycle. It backfired on me while I was creating it and discharged a large amount of chakra without containing it on the inside and an large field of raiton was expelled from all over my body. Now it wasn't all of my chakra but a decent bit of it so beware when attempting it."

Airi would then watch as Suzuya would perform the hand seals Tiger, Snake, Ox, Monkey, Horse, Rat and hold the Rat seal for a short period. As he holds the seal, she would see a very faint soft white glow start to emit from Suzuya. It wasn't very bright, but it was noticeable, and if she were to move closer to him she would start to hear a very faint whirring sounds coming from him as well. This would happen in a few seconds before he releases his hands and puts them down by his sides.

”I guess I should have stretched before actually starting this technique, hehe.” After saying this, he would do a quick little stretching routine. Raising his arms over his head and bending over, touching his toes. Crossing his chest with one arm pulling it closer with his other and then repeating it the opposite arm and way. He then shakes his limbs out and strikes a running stance. This would be the first real notice of the techniques effects. The moment his feet move from their original positions, charges of static electricity would stretch from the ground to the bottoms of his feet until his feet return to the ground once again in a new position. Right foot in the front, left foot in the back. Standing in this staggered stance, he would throw a few punches into the air in front of him which would move quickly. Just as quick as they were thrown, they would return back to being in front of Suzuya. If watching close enough, one would also notice that a few seconds after the punch was pulled back, static would be left in place of the fist for a second or two before dissipating as if it never happened. Once the static was gone, he would take off in a sprint. He would run at the last dummy he attacked first before, bouncing between the others as well then returning back near Airi.

”… And that, is Static Burst. I created it using the Body Flicker as a base. So it is for the sole purpose of becoming faster but it does have the added bonus of raiton attack power for melee attacks. Although I haven’t trained any taijutsu, I plan on using this as a base for some ninjutsu and taijutsu mixed techniques. But that will have to wait until after I learn a little bit more for taijutsu.”

Upkeep Cost: 5
    Range: Self
    Speed: -
    Element: Raiton
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: N/A
    Requirements: N/A
    Parent Technique: Body Flicker Technique
    Hand Seals: Tiger → Snake → Ox → Monkey → Horse → Rat
    Description: While the user is performing these hand seals, Raiton chakra begins swelling in their chakra core. Once all the seals are performed, lightning begins to skip between all of the chakra points within the user's body raising the speed of their chakra flow immensely. This causes the user to move faster than normal. Any of the User's melee attacks that land do a little bit more damage and could possibly cause the attacked area to become numb. Over an extended period of time, the exertion of raiton inside the user's body could become detrimental as the chakra inside the user's body flows at an increasing rate the longer the jutsu is maintained.
    Weaknesses: Every 4 consecutive posts with this activated, the upkeep cp cost is increased by 1 tier.

Stat Buffs: +1 Tier to Speed, + to Strength

Jutsu Trained:
    Glittering Buzzsaw: Custom B-Rank (250/250)

Teaching a Jutsu:
    Static Burst: Custom B-Rank

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:01 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    After she pulled off the jutsu, she took a few steps back as the Nara wanted a crack at it. She crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head as she noticed several differences between the way she formed the lightning chakra between the way the Nara formed the chakra. The two of them went two different ways of forming the buzzsaw disc, but it seemed that the end result was the exact same. A buzzsaw was created none-the-less. As he threw the disc, she turned her eyes towards the dummy only to see it collide with them dummy and then move upwards. She nodded her head in satisfaction, still in quite a bit of awe at how easily he picked it up but was more interested in the different way he collected the Chakra and formed the disc. She kept her questions to herself before he started to talk about his method of learning the jutsu.

She groaned at the criticism of the buzzing noise and slouched her shoulders. "Ugh. Yeah. Nothing I could do about the sound. That's just physics at work. You could probably create your own variant of the jutsu to make it a bit more quiet and probably not as bright. Maybe," she said as she pointed down towards the shadow, remembering him manipulating it. "Maybe a... Shadow Buzzsaw or something?" she asked, shrugging her shoulders. She had a knack for creating variant jutsu based off of her bloodline jutsu. Now was the time for him to teach her one of his jutsu. This caused her to upright her posture and lower her hands back down to her side in a more attentative manner. She felt a tug at the corner of her lip at the difficulties of this jutsu and that gave her a great amount of faith in her ability to perform it. She wasn't super intelligent, but she felt that she was pretty innovative.

She continued to watch him as he started forming chakra through his body, exciting his entire body almost as if he was electrifying his entire chakra network. She performed a single handseal, activating her Byakugan (activating Byakugan rank 3), causing her crystal blue eyes to melt away and relent to the white eyes of the Hyuga clan. She looked at his entire chakra system, seeing sparks flowing through it and around his tenketsu points. It was interesting, to say the least, something she had never seen before. And that was all before he started to move. She watched him stretch with chakra coursing throughout his body. She has a bad feeling that if she were to pull off this jutsu, she'd just become a walking, talking beacon of bright light. She continued to examine the man going through his stretching routine, easily capable of just ignoring all of this until he started to move. It was then that she noticed his movements were much faster and not hindered by having to hold a sign like the underwhelming 'Body Flicker' technique.

He then came to a halt and mentioned that Body Flicker was the base and that he planned on using Taijutsu and eventually make some Nintaijutsu. With a toothy grin, she hooked a thumb to herself. "And I do taijutsu as well. Well, I need to actually develop some Nintaijutsu that aren't meant for brutes. Anyway, your jutsu did give me an idea for a future group of jutsu, hmmm. But a big burst of speed DOES sound like a great idea, let me try it," she said as she tried to recall the handseals, putting them together slowly. She continued to do the series of handseals with each repetition getting faster and faster. She repeated this process about 10 times before committing it to muscle memory. Once she was comfortable with the pattern of handseals, she took a step forward.

Standing in the horse stance, she started to flip through the handseals, completing all of them within a second before her chakra began to flare up, turning into a blinding white electrical energy. The several bands of multiple colors would course through the white hot chakra, causing a loud crackling. This was her specific flavor of lightning jutsu -- the Pearlescent Lightning. It was generally very bright and very loud. She held the final handseal for a brief moment before she started to run around at a decent pace, creating sparks as with every step and with every step creating a loud buzz as she moved forward. Taking a circle around, she came to a halt and dissipated the lightning chakra around her.

"That is..." she said as she blinked rapidly a few times. "A million more times useful than Body Flicker," she complimented, not even knowing the side effects it had on taijutsu. She didn't initially catch it at first, concentrated more upon the chakra action going on within Suzuya rather than the chakra forming just outside of his body. Just because she had the Byakugan doesn't me she was super perceptive. "I'm totally going to use that," she said as her hair suddenly turned into a big puffy ball from all of the electricity. She gave Suzuya a big smile and nodded to him. "Thanks for teaching me that jutsu. I could teach you a jutsu that's meant to be a bit more... um... disrespectful than useful, if you want to learn that?" she said, wincing a bit. It wasn't really a combat based ninjutsu. Sure it had some combat applications, but nothing she could really make use of.

Claiming EXP on this topic up to this point. EXP total (for my record keeping) will be reset starting on my next post.

Learned: Static Burst (Suzuya's Custom) from Suzuya.

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:15 am

"It is definitely more useful and lasts longer as well. Granted I haven't used any ninjutsu along with it, so I'm not sure how that will work. As I have said, I did create this with taijutsu in mind. When I get the time to hone it in more and test things out, I will most definitely let you know on the additions." Suzuya would say this responding to Airi's mention of it being so useful. And he might not have said so, but he believes that it is indeed a technique that Airi would benefit from quite a lot. He would also take notice of her hair as it is all frizzed up from the static of the technique. Seeing this would cause him to chuckle slightly to himself before regaining his composure.

"I hadn't realized the side effects of this jutsu when I created it, but now that I think about it, I think it has made my hair permanently spiky and standing." He would show her a straight face while mentioning this waiting for her reaction before confessing to the fact that he was joking and his hair was always spiky and standing - to a degree at the very least. As he started thinking about his hair, he would realize that he hadn't received a haircut in a while as he had been out of his home more consistently. Grabbing a strand of his hair, he would notice just how much it had been growing since his last haircut. But at this point he just shrugs his shoulders at the length and turns to Airi.

"Actually my hair is a tiny bit longer than usual, but I think it looks better this length while standing." He would quick work activate Static Burst to cause his hair to stand once more. With his head band and hair band pushing most of his hair backwards while holding half of his bangs to the front, nothing would happen to his bangs. But towards the back, the hair was standing up and back at the same time. This would give the illusion that he was running with his hair flowing backwards.

Upon hearing the mention of a 'disrespectful' jutsu, he was interested for sure, but he had an idea he wanted to try out first. Thinking back to earlier when she mentioned possibly making a disc-like jutsu but utilizing his shadow techniques, it got him thinking. Considering most of the other jutsu I have seen used, they all have only been extensions of tendril-like shadows, but none of them were circumference based. This almost immediately stumped Suzuya as it would only make sense to be able to expand ones own immediate shadow to fill out an close range area to defend against multiple close range combatants.

He would then finally respond to Airi's offer. "Yeah, I actually really interested to see what you have, hehe. But just give me a second, I want to try something out really quick. You mentioning my shadow techniques and discs got me thinking about something I haven't seen or heard been done or attempted. I'll be just a few seconds."

Suzuya would back up a few steps before forming the singular hand seal for most of the Shadow jutsu. His shadow would stretch slightly longer but not around him. He would even attempt to wrap the shadow around the ground he was standing on and that wouldn't work either, so he stopped. He would think for a second before starting another attempt. This time though, he added an extra seal in. Rat, Dog. He would form these seals while imagining similar thoughts as to the regular shadow techniques, but also instead of extending the image of the shadow, he would picture the idea of something expanding. This would happen along side thinking about discs and circumference and all things in a similar shape and stature. Almost immediately, his shadow would shrink to a small 1foot radius around his feet before expanding 5ft outward and stopping. Only using a little bit of chakra, it was only allowed so far. He would then pour more chakra into it, which would cause it to expand from 5ft to 10ft. So far it is working visually. Though he doesn't know how well it would actually work, he would deem his second attempt a success at the very least.

"If you wouldn't mind helping me out, could you? If possible could you step into this shadow for me? If I did this correctly, you shouldn't be able to move a single muscle for a tiny amount of time. After this I am totally fine to see and try to learn your other technique."

Custom Jutsu (Nara Clan) Creation:
    Shadow Bind: Expansion Technique | B-Rank Custom (250/250)

Last edited by Suzuya Nara on Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:55 am

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    Noticing his chuckle, she grumbled as she placed her hand above her head to feel her hair poofed out and standing on end. She grumbled and took a moment to dissipate the static built up on her hair and pat it down. Now instead of looking like a puff of cotton, it just looked messy and disheveled. "Seriously, one of the worst parts of using Raiton with long hair," she said with a bit of an irritated grumble, still tending to her hair as annoyance dripped from her lips. "Oh, I don't think it's just this jutsu. This happened once before when I was showing off to Hanabi's students," she grumbled even more, licking her palms and running it over her hair to help mat her hair down. Probably not a good idea since the two were playing with electricity. Suzuya mentioned his liking of his hair and she looked towards him and nodded her head. "It is quite stylish. Would look strange if it was flattened like mine, for sure," she said with a light giggle. His hair was interesting and was a delightful change from the usually straight black hair she found at the Hyuga complex.

He quickly activated Static Burst once more and chuckle, putting her hand up to her lips as if to hide her teeth from laughter. "Well, that is certainly an interesting trick, Suzuya. Gives your hair spikes even more spikes, heh," she said with a little wink. "Now if only your hair would turn gold, you'd be ascending to another level," she snorted a bit. Oh yes, she did have quite the vivid imagination. She placed her hands upon her hips when he showed interest in her 'disrespectful' jutsu. She nodded her head. "It mean, it can still be quite useful, especially if you're using something that goes kaboom," she said as she stepped back and watched Suzuya. After the handseal was made, she noticed his shadow stretching around him and then shrinking and then expanding. She, instinctively, started to move out of the way, regardless of if it would approach her or not. And then she was asked to do exactly what she was trying to avoid. A look of apprehension was written across her face as she stared at the shadow. "Just don't do any funny stuff okay?" she said, placing her hands over her chest as if to protect herself. Well, even if he did cop a feel, she probably wouldn't mind but she had an image to uphold. Before he had the chance to mention she wouldn't be able to move, she placed a foot into the shadow and was immediately frozen in place.

Confusion started to sink in. Her ignorance of the Nara Clan now obviously showing as the only thing she was able to move would be her eyes darting around. "Uh. What's this?" inquiring on what she was experiencing. She didn't like this feeling of helplessness. "Actually, no, hold this. This gives me a chance to," she said before energy started to burst out from her tenketsu points. With a quick blow from her tenketsu points, she blew herself back and out of the shadow, freeing herself from it. She shook her head and wiggled her body around. "That wasn't pleasant"

Learning: One Art Body Blow (Hyuga)

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:06 am

"Just don't do any funny stuff okay?"

Suzuya would raise and eyebrow to this comment, unsure as to what she meant. As she would cover herself he would begin to blush and specify his intentions. "Oh. No no, this technique I'm doing doesn't allow me to move either. Nothing to worry about, hehe." He would internally start to change very slightly from his old self. Meeting all these new people have all been very new experiences. Even more so, the only females he was spent time with have been from his clan and they were all like siblings to him as they were always together and grew up seeing each other every day. With this thought being brought to his attention, he realizes that things are different than they used to be and that even more possibilities are soon to open. But even then, feelings and relationships are far from a reasonable factor to stunt his strive for jutsu and knowledge. All in all, Airi's actions and words opened his eyes, but did not stray him from his original path of the growth of Ninjutsu knowledge as a whole.

After producing the technique and asking Airi to test it out, he would become excited a the fact that it did work. Though, it always helps to fully understand the base of the technique before attempting to create it. Soon after he was met with her words asking to hold the jutsu longer than he intended to. And so he did. This prompted his curiosity, and caused him to watch her, full of intrigue. As we watches her, he saw her body tense before he felt the chakra that he was concentrating on disappear at the end of its length. Very confused, his technique dissipated, and he released his concentration. Afterwards, Airi would add, "That wasn't pleasant." This left Suzuya even more confused and wondering what she did that caused him to lose his technique.

"Well... that's not normal... Even when sparring with the Jounin of the nara clan back when I was learning the base technique, they weren't able to escape themselves. Well except the ones that were more physically built than the others. But still. What did you even do? I'm super curious." He would put about 15ft distance between her and him and attempt his new jutsu again, while speaking. He would preform the Jutsu multiple times and it would produce as normal every time as if nothing were wrong. That was because nothing, in fact, was wrong. Everything was working fine. Coming to that conclusion gave him a bit of relief, but also made him more interested in the ability that she used.

After she either explained or refused to say, he would shrug his shoulders. "Well that aside, what was this other technique you wanted to show off? I am even more intrigued in what stuff you have up your sleeve, hehe."

Jutsu trained/learned:
    Shadow Bind: Expansion Technique | B-Rank Custom (250/250)

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:14 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    --
    She noticed that the tenketsu that she activated, blowing chakra out of very quickly, had also blown a bunch of small holes into her clothing with a little bit of damage into her armor. These were pin-prick sized holes, so it wasn't really anything for her to worry about at the moment. The clothing did become considerably more breezy though. She rubbed her forearms a bit. She knew about the technique but didn't have the proper opportunity to actually use it and expelling all of that chakra out at once felt very strange. It almost felt like something was crawling underneath her skin.

Suzuya explained that her escaping the bind wasn't normal. Probably wasn't for the Nara, but the Hyuga were just a different breed. Relatively underwhelming when put in comparison to other monstrous clans like the Uchiha or the Senju -- it was actually a big mind-blow that the Hyuga had reigned supreme over these lands as long as they did. Great physical combatants but didn't have the devastating power that the aforementioned clans had. "Well, you see, the Hyuga Clan has a technique that allows us to open up all of our tenketsu and uh forcefully eject chakra out of out body, blowing us away and any chakra binds away us. I've known about the jutsu, but using it feels kinda gross actually," she said.  "It's a technique called One Body Blow. Stupid name, I know, I didn't make it up," she lamented. Some jutsu names just didn't translate very well. It must've been a carry-over from a more ancient language. "Don't really expect to see it much from other people or really most Hyuga. It's kinda niche and just something we need to learn, is all," she spoke out flatly. She would probably never use the jutsu again -- at least not for a very, very, very long time.

"Oh yeah! That disrespectful jutsu.  Well, let's see here," she said turning to look for a training dummy. There was no way she was going to use this on Suzuya as that would just be a bit too much and probably offend him. Upon skipping her way towards the dummy, she came to a full stop and awaited Suzuya's appearance at the dummy. "We're seriously starting to run out of dummies. Maybe we should probably gather a few more after I teach you this. But anyway, I call this jutsu 'Lightning Tether: Heel, Boy'. And yes, even the name is a bit disrespectful. But it also has a combat application. It limits the range of where a target can go in relationship to you meaning they'll have issues running away. Unless they're really strong and they'll wrangle you instead. Uh.  I guess a few weaknesses? Uh. Well, there's a lot. So this won't stop their movement. They'll still totally be able to move, but they'd be on more of a tight leash than anything I guess. And if you release the tether, the entire jutsu dissipates. So I guess just to quickly restrain a target's area, I guess?" she said with a big shrug of her shoulders.

A quick series of handseals: snake, rabbit, tiger were performed. Out from her hand appeared a 20 meter long electrical rope that she flung over towards the dummy, having the end curl-up around what would be the dummy's neck. She kept a firm hold of the tether in her hand and smiled. "And since the dummy isn't strong at all, it will now be stuck within 10 meters of you until you kinda lose control and what not. But it doesn't last very long, so make strategic use of it." she said before opening her palm and letting the tether fall from her hand causing it to disappear.

Teaching: Lightning Tether: Heel, boy

Mg28ksn.gif
    Lightning Tether: Heel, Boy
    RANK
    C
    POWER
    C
    ACTIVATION
    5 CP
    RANGE
    20m
    SPEED
    -1 User's Coord
    ELEMENT
    Lightning
    SKILL
    Ninjutsu
    CLASSIFICATION
    Secret
    REQUIREMENTS
    --
    PARENT
    Secret
    HANDSEALS
    • Snake
    • Rabbit
    • Tiger

DESCRIPTION
    Probably one of the most embarrassing jutsu to be struck by, even more so than 1000 Years of Pain or Airi's very own 'End of a Lineage'. After performing the pre-requisite hand seals, the user will shoot out a thin, extremely saturated and pearlescent bolt of electricity towards the target's throat. Upon being a successful strike, the target will sprout pearlescent lightning dog ears and pearlescent lightning dog tail while under the effect of this jutsu. While this doesn't deal any day, it will wrap itself around the target's throat and their freedom of movement is now restricted. While they can move around as they please, their movement distance is limited to 10 meters around the user. Can be quite useful to stop someone from fleeing.
    WEAKNESSES
    The pearlescent lightning tether can be broken with an equal rank jutsu
    A target with B rank and above strength will still remain tethered, but will not be the one being controlled. The target will actually be the one in control.
    While this jutsu is active, it requires the user to maintain one hand upon the Tether, forcing them to perform One-Handed Seals if they wish to perform handseals.
    If the user releases control of the tether, the jutsu instantly ends.
    This jutsu doesn't, in any way, affect how the target can actually fight.
    Lasts for no longer than 2 Posts

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Suzuya would speak out in agreement with Airi's statement about retrieving more dummies. He would watch her perform the jutsu, examining the tether secure itself around the neck of the dummy after leaving her hand. After her explanation of how the jutsu works, he would think about it for a second, his right hand covering his mouth, one finger propped against the side of his nose. He would then use that same hand and scratch the back of his head.

"I know you went through the trouble of showing me this technique and it does seem fairly useful... I do unfortunately have my own form and way of preventing enemy escape. Well, so long as they aren't a Hyuga; now that I know that they have an escape technique, hehe. Speaking of. I did know know that your clan had acute chakra system control i.e. Tenketsu chakra points. But I knew nothing of this technique. That may come in very handy in the future in my opinion.'

Hoping he didn't hurt her feelings with his statement, he would look towards the ground searching his mind for a way to continue their encounter. He would scratch the back of his head and tap it afterwards. "Hmmm, Although. Recalling your movements and actions earlier, is it safe to assume you are familiar with taijutsu techniques? If you wouldn't mind my asking, would you be open to teaching me some of the advanced basics of taijutsu? I need to build my body, for my own good, and I wanna start with taijutsu. Granted I don't mean now, as I am getting a bit tired from training a decent bit, but sometime in the future?" Suzuya would ask this with a light and soft smile on his face. An expression full of sincerity to stand as the foundation of his convection and pride in a new found friendship.

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:51 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    --
    "Eh, whatever. It's not for everyone. It's not considered a bind, but your loss anyway," she said shrugging her shoulders. It didn't matter to her whether he wanted to learn it or not, he was free to do whatever he wanted. She cleared her throat and moved her thumbs into the space between the hole in her armor, that lets the arms through, and herself and started to fann the armor over her body. She wasn't used to wearing armor and just simply wearing it caused her to sweat like crazy. She grumbled and then moved her hands upwards, letting her armor settle before letting out a big stretch. "Well, I can't blame you for not knowing about the technique. I didn't either until pretty recently. But it's needed to be learned by all Hyuga that unlock certain potential in their Byakugan so it's whatever," she said as she arched her back and let out a big yawn. She was almost at the point where she was going to call it quits on training for today. But, of course, this being Airi, she'll be back the next day and the next day and the next day, assuming she didn't have a mission or anything crazy to do during the day. This place was like her second home.

She placed her palms upon her hips and let out a hearty laugh while nodding her head. "Oh yeah, we Hyuga thrive off of it. Though I think I might need to actually make my own since the scrolls i've received were kinda.... " she said with a bit of a pause before letting out another yawn. "boring," she mentioned. She had developed the 32-hand strike that she performed earlier and it seemed more interesting than whatever scrolls she had read before. It was then that the Nara asked to learn some of the more basic Taijutsu. She raised a brow. "Right now?" she asked before lowering her hands down back to her side. "Sure. And I'll teach you one that requires more on speed and precision rather than power and barbaric grit," she ended with her mouth contorted in disgust of those who use strength based taijutsu styles. She gave a big, cheesy grin. "It's very, very basic stuff, but sure!" she said as she started to jump up on the balls of her feet, her chest bouncing in a rather pronounced fashion. Even with her spandex bra on, they still have a tendency to bounce around, even if they were weighed down by her armor.

"Something basic then... How about a basic combat style?" she asked as she started to appear lighter and lighter on her feet, bouncing up and down with quick, sharp movements. "There are scrolls of this, but I don't see why I can't just show you anyway," she said before she began to move around Suzuya, bouncing upon her feet while doing so.

Imagine her jumping around like Jeet-Kune-Do.

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:12 am

Suzuya would look stunned as she responded with a question about training taijutsu immediately. As she continues to speak on the basics of taijutsu, he would slowly begin to realize that she had misunderstood his request. "No no no no, I didn't mean right now. I meant later. Like in the future. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my question." He would hold his hands behind his back, rubbing his fingers. He felt sorry for possibly getting her even remotely ready to proctor hand-to-hand combat. "I was saying that I am a bit tired at the moment to actually train it, especially since I have neglected it since the very beginning."

He would stand there for a second, awaiting a reaction from Airi. But also, in perfect Suzuya fashion, his mind would begin searching possibilities to continue or tastefully finish off this impromptu training session and meeting. During this mental escapade, he landed on an interesting idea. "Hey, Remember how I mentioned that I created Static Burst as a segue into nintaijutus as I am good at ninjutsu and mediocre at taijutsu to slightly close the gap? Maybe we could solidify some very basic movements and techniques that would be used while holding it. Some basic stuff that even I could use like a charged punch or kick. A punch or kick that could have a raiton extension or something similar. And after we get something started, maybe we could close this training session and figure out another day to come back to it."

Suzuya would activate Static Burst for the third time, and punch the air a few times with a right jab. Each time, as usual a slight residue of raiton chakra would lag behind floating in the space where his fist once was. Then, he would pull his fists back as he channeled a bit of chakra into them and began doing the same thing. This time the raiton leftovers were more visible and noticeable as it produces a crackling sound before fizzling out. "I don't know, maybe something like that? What do you think"

Custom Technique Creation Start:
    Static Burst: Thunder Jab (D-Rank) (nin-tai)

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:49 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    --
    As Suzuya began to explain what he wanted, her bouncing around returned to a more grounded pose, placing a hand upon her hip and tilting her head. She must've completely misunderstood what he meant by that. "Oh, alright. Not a big deal," she said. She was a bit disappointed, but he did leave the door open for another opportunity. She'd totally have to bring those scrolls with her the next time she felt like coming to the training ground and expected to see Suzuya. She shrugged her shoulders at Suzuya's declaration of being tired. "Well, yeah, I can see that. I guess I'm getting a little tired too," she mentioned, feeling her muscles ache a bit, not having spent this much time at the training grounds in a while.

There was a brief silence for a moment before it was broken by Suzuya speaking up. He then mentioned about creating Static Burst, which she knew since she learned it from him, and she nodded. She continued to listen and then was asked to come up with some relatively basic martial arts movements to involve punches and/or kicks. She placed a hand up to her chin in thought and turned her torso around in thought. "Well, there are some pretty basic punches and kicks yeah," she re-inforced before her thought process was interrupted by him activating Static Burst and threw out a quick jab and noticed residue of chakra still floating where he left the punch. An idea just burst into her head and thoughts started to flow through her mind. Yes, that gave her inspiration on a jutsu she could use. "You could create a lightning ball minefield, leaving behind balls of lightning after every punch and kick and it would also become a form of area denial," she said quietly, whether Suzuya picked up on it was entirely up to his perception.

"It's a good start and probably a pretty good basis for something more advanced. I haven't really dipped much into nintaijutsu, even if I should. Hmm. I usually prefer small, quick movements with a lot of strikes. Maybe a combo like?" she proposed as she took up a basic battle stance before performing two jabs and a quick reverse. "And if you like kicks, there's also a few kicks you can do like," she said as she performed a single roundhouse leg kick, returned to starting position, a mid-height roundhouse kick, pulled back and then performed a high roundhouse kick. She then reset and performed a single roundhouse kick to the knee, bent her knee, then snapped her leg (without resetting position) to the torso, bent her knee and moved her leg upwards and snapped her leg up to the head. That last kick was a bit more advanced. Afterwards, she moved into a more at-eased position.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is... Uh. Probably better off with multiple hits and a combo of attacks rather than a single attack, heh," she said, moving her left hand up to the back of her head and shot her eyes quickly to her lower lower left. "But I guess that would require a bit more practice?

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:18 pm

Watching as Airi demonstrated a few taijutsu moves for him to incorporate into his idea, Suzuya would listen and watch like he would with any other situation. The only difference is that he only has half confidence as his confidence lies solely in ninjutsu. Though he has interests in taijutsu, he still has a list of stuff to learn and mess with in his comfortable ninjutsu category. As she continues with her display of experience, she would perform a few advanced techniques, at least some techniques that would be considered advanced to him. These would slightly dissuade his convection to this endeavor, though not entirely as he isn't one to give up on anything he sees beneficial. This is something he has deems important to his growth as a shinobi. It is good to master one category, but it's better to have a good handle on others as well.

"Yeah... maybe for me right now, we can just stick to the very basics of it all. Just a chakra infused jab and chakra infused roundhouse kick. Sound good to you? And not to worry, when this whole line of techniques become complete and spread further out, this will have both of our names on it. I plan to make a name for myself as a technique and jutsu creator across the lands at the very least. It all starts with moments like this." He would smile widely, even through his exhaustion of training, even as he continues to concentrate on Static Burst. Altering it while punching and kicking just to become comfortable with motions and transfer of chakra through the flowing motions.

Each strike into the air would leave static behind. Punches leaving spheres, and kicks leaving lines. A very interesting development indeed, as one could throw a combination together and set up a temporary wall of deterring static. Though at this level, the static itself probably doesn't do much, but Suzuya's not one to reveal a technique to an enemy. He knows very well that information is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, asset to have in battle.

"And with that, I think I'm gonna call it there for myself. I truly appreciate everything you have helped me with today. At some point in the future when I find time within my Ninjutsu escapades, I will train some taijutsu. After that, I will let you know and hopefully we can pick up where we left off. If you want you can work in some of your own techniques that you can come up with as well. That will be exciting to see what you think up as your mind thinks differently than mine." Suzuya would say this with a warm smile as he allows the reality of a new friendship blossoming as a result of yet another day in the training facility. "Well, let me get to cleaning up the debris from my training before leaving."

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:35 pm

omaInC7.png
    EXP GAINED
    EXP TOTAL
    CHAKRA
    --
    Suzuya made a comment on where his starting point would be and she placed both of her hands upon her hips and nodded her head. "Yeah, that's a good start. Probably make a habit of coming here to the training grounds and polishing up some of your taijutsu if you really want to get into Nintaijutsu," she said with another sagely nod of her head. He did have some big ambitions to be one of the best when it comes to jutsu creation and a toothy grin crossed her lips. She has created several jutsu and will be ready for more than several more in the future. "You'll have to compete with me on that one," she stated confidently, removing her left hand from her hip and hooked a thumb towards herself, placing the tip of her thumb upon her chest. "But I'll admit, I'll definitely have some stiff competition if I have to compete against you," she said with another confident grin, this time confident in Suzuya's abilities.

His declaration of calling the training session complete here was something she was about to mention as well. She lowered her hands back down to her sides, to a more neutral position before she raised both hands into the air, puffed out her already large chest, and let out a little moan. Cracking sounds could be heard coming from her muscles and her joints as she let off a large stretch. She gave him a rather big smile before her body comes to a relaxed state, dropping the stretch and uprighting her posture. "That sounds like a plan. I'm working on a few jutsu ideas myself," she said, tapping the side of her head and gave Suzuya a flirtatious wink. "There's a couple, though, that I might just keep to myself," she said before returning to her usual stance. She raised a hand to wave bye to her new friend, Suzuya, and gave him a genuine and warm smile. "Guess I'll head out. We should totally do this again sometime. Don't have to teach each other new tricks, but training with someone else is much more satisfying than training on my own. Until then, toodles~" she said in a flirty voice before leaving Suzuya to clean up their mess.

--Left--
    If you need help calculating your EXP, let me know. Don't forget to claim the EXP and jutsu gained in this topic in your updates o/ Seeya

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Suzuya Nara
    Suzuya Nara

Character File

Post by Suzuya Nara Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:02 am

"Until next time, Bye-bye." Suzuya would say this as he waved and smiles warmly towards her until she turned around. Turning his attention back to the debris before him, he would pick up all the large and sizable pieces of the wooden training dummies that had been scattered but a few moments ago. Picking up some of this aftermath, Suzuya notices the status of some of the splintered wood. Some having burn marks from all the lightning chakra that had been hurled at it. Some marks were just lines and very simple, as other were seen to have scattered across in a spiderweb like pattern. Even some marks were left as a dot pattern where none of the dots were connected in any way, like the raiton had reached out to it with an open hand and only placed its fingers on the surface. Turning it over would reveal that these marks had penetrated completely through that specific chunk of wood. "Fascinating..." The different ways that the raiton affected the wood was very interesting to him. To the point that he even pocketed some of those specific pieces just to keep and look at.

After finishing clean-up, he would stand for a second and recall the training. Recall the meeting of a new friend and the promise of more training sessions to come. He would also unknowingly culture the idea of the three of them all training together at some point, as he introduces the thought of Ren. "All three of us possibly training and creating Raiton jutsu and techniques just sounds like a blast!" This thought would transform his previously warm smile into an electrified and energetic grin. This idea excited him immensely, especially since they seemed to know each other well already. Suzuya would start to brim with his natural static energy and aura as he hasted his exit from the facility to return home and rest up before he began his next training journey.

-Suzuya's Exit-

--Topic End--

12 post x 15exp per post
    Total EXP Earned: 180exp

Jutsu learned:
    Shadow Gathering Techinque - B-rank
    Glittering Buzzsaw - B-rank Custom
    Shadow Imitation: Expansion Technique - B-rank Custom

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am