Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

lets try this again!

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

lets try this again! Empty lets try this again!

Post by Tengoku Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:32 am

Tengoku had sent out a notice over two weeks ago and a second one as a reminder two days ago. Xia Hyuga was hopefully going to take the place of his taijutsu pupil. He would be focusing attention on her to improve her taijutsu skills and hopefully learn from her in the process. He wouldn't hide that he was after the secrets of the soft palm style. Attempting in vain to attempt to replicate it it seemed. There were secrets even the Hokage wasn't typically privy too. However as a sensory based dojutsu it hounded his thoughts. It was advanced as far as sensory went. Many said it was the greatest sensory technique in the world. He wouldn't doubt it either. A part of him wished he was a Hyuga but alas....Hyuga did not have dog like traits in the slightest. He would consider them more traditionalist in style. Why he coveted them over the Uchiha was actually rather simple. The Uchiha techniques were honed for killing...Designed to kill. The Hyuga techniques on the other hand disabled an opponent entirely. He didn't have the brains to do that medically but he was an exceptional sensory nin. Even having developed his own sensory style.

However he wouldn't forcefully take anyones eyes. Nor would he do it without the clans permission. Nor would he be lying to Xia about his intentions. He was fond of the Hyuga and didn't wish to betray their trust...whatever they allowed him anyway. He wanted to be an honest man so he wouldn't toss his morales aside for power. Heroes didn't do that and the world needed heroes now more than ever. So he would train and he would improve. He would build up Xia and a relationship with her built on trust. Still he was nervous about her response? What if she saw him as power hungry and just another greedy monster? He didn't like the idea of losing her. Not right now...not with Dahlia giving up. He couldn't lose more allies...more heroes for the people.

So for now Tengoku was training in an gladiatorum style training area. A big round sand pit with some fairly sturdy training dummies. Meant to be able to take and absorb impact. He found them to take his attacks rather impressively. They were designed to look like blue roman gladiators. The design alone was impressive with the dummies scattered around. Tengoku was wearing black pants and a black tank top with a sash around his waist. Two katana and a wakizashi were tucked there. His three famous weapons. On his ankles would flash a glint of golden rings and the ones around his upper arms and wrists were plain to see. Golden rings lined like folded angel feathers. His hair hung loose around his shoulders. His white wolf like ears at attention as always. At the moment he was focusing some frustration on a dummy as he slammed repeated strikes into its torsa at A rank coordination. Leaving indents all over it in rapid succession but not able to destroy it.

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Xia
    Xia

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu, Katon, Ninjutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

lets try this again! Empty Re: lets try this again!

Post by Xia Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 am

Xia was rushing around trying to get ready to meet with her Sensei again. She had let him down the last time they’d met, but this time she was determined to impress him. She had changed her outfit about a dozen times, and every time she angrily threw the new outfit across the room into the corner. After about thirty minutes of laundry being hurled violently, Xia’s mother would make an appearance with a sympathetic smile on her face. “Everything alright cupcake?” Xia, although presently feeling rather petulant, was still a responsible and kind adult and took one look at her mother and sighed loudly, tears leaking from her eyes. “Yes, everything is fine. I’m just. . . nervous? I guess? I don’t know. I don’t want to let the Hokage down again, and I know my clothes don’t matter but it’s the only thing I feel like I can control right now!” There was frustration evident in the Hyuga woman’s voice as she slumped, defeated, to sit on the edge of her bed.

Her mother cooed quietly and sat beside her, holding her gently and rocking. “There, there. I understand being nervous, and it’s alright. You’ll do brilliantly, just like you always do.” Xia went to protest and her mother held up a warning finger and gave her a smile. “You did wonderfully during the Festival. Didn’t you say that the other boy fell ill? That isn’t your fault, and it sounded like the Hokage certainly didn’t blame you. You’re perfect, sweetheart, just the way you are.” She stopped and looked down at Xia’s half kicked off pants and chuckled. ”Well, you’d do better though if you had some pants.” Xia laughed then and gave her mother a fierce hug, her tears of frustration long forgotten. “Thanks mom, you always know just what to say.” Her mother grinned wryly and stood to begin picking up the mountain of discarded clothing in the corner. “Of course I do, I’m brilliant. Where do you think you got it from?”

After finally putting on clothes which consisted of her usual black leggings and compression shirt with an oversized jacket, and a generous helping of a balanced breakfast, Xia finally made her way out towards the Grand Konoha Training Facility. Pushing her way through the doors she readjusted the pack she’d brought to her other shoulder, hearing the clink of her jade weaponry within. She knew she was probably late by now, but she hoped that her Sensei wouldn’t be cross with her for it. It took a bit of asking around but she eventually found where the Hokage was training and made her way down to the sandy floor of the training arena, taking the steps two at a time. As she hopped down she waved cheerfully to the white haired man, noting that he seemed intent on punishing some training dummies. “Good morning Sensei! I’m sorry I’m late! I hope you weren’t waiting too long for me.”

The Rogue Assassin:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:38 pm

Tengoku would pause as his ears twitched. His amber eyes shifting as the door opened as if out of the walls of the gladiatorum itself. The construction of such a place was brilliant. Even he had difficulty finding the seems if he didn't already know where they were. It was as if the crafter could build entire worlds. Which he could appreciate. The temperature..the smell...the sounds all matched what his eyes expected. Of course the girl coming through was a wonder of her own. A hyuga girl that had a kind heart and a quiet inner power that she did not flex too much. She was as eager as anyone else to grow stronger but it seemed like she held onto her innocence better than the others had. He hoped the world wouldn't break her heart for some time yet....but it always did. It was simply a matter of time. Still she would call out to him as she approached and he would stop beating the ever loving god fearing head spinning snot out of the training dummy as he waited for her to come to him. He had vented and now he felt better after all. So he would speak to her with amusement in his voice.

"Not at all Xia. I am glad you came. I was simply letting off steam. Don't worry I don't intend for us to spar one on one...instead...lets have a seat and chat."

With that he would wink before placing a hand lightly on her upper back. Gently urging her to walk with him for a moment before he would sit on a bench nearby. There were two gallon jugs of water and two folded towels there. They would be training and that meant hydrating and sweating. However would move the towels so they would be in the center of the bench and sit on one side. He would wait for her to hopefully do the same before he would take a breath. Taking on a more serious expression. His amber eyes attempting to make eye contact and hold it with Xia.

"Xia I want to be honest with you. There is my own motives for taking you on as a student....well more than one. You exhibit a kindness I feel this nation needs...something many forgo and without it...the world can only burn. However that is not the only reason. I am a selfish man Xia you see. I have learned a lot about the Hyuga and their techniques but have never seen it. Beyond that...I want to replicate the soft palm somehow...to utilize it even without the Byakugan. You see I covet this over the Uchihas ability....with the abilities of the Sharingan I would be a more efficient killer...but with the soft palm...I would have an option of taking down an opponent alive far easier. Some fights are hard on the heart...and I would like a way to fight those battles without having to kill someone. If this bothers you Xia I will not turn you away from training...but instead would encourage you to refrain from training the soft palm techniques around me....So no one can claim you were my source for that information."

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Xia
    Xia

Character File

Post by Xia Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:50 pm

Tengoku seemed cheerful despite the mollywhopping he gave the training dummy. Xia could understand though, there were many times when she felt frustrated or out of control and a solid training session always made her feel better. When she was just punching things she felt like she had some control over her life. She grinned up at the wolf eared Hokage as he winked at her and let him lead her to sit down. She was a tiny bit nervous about chatting, she was more of an artist and her artful mastery didn’t tend to extend to her speech. But so far she had no reason to fear a stern speech from the leader of the village, he’d been nothing but kind and patient with her so she took a seat on the bench with Tengoku, moving the towel to the centre of the bench as he had.

His first words brought a confused look to her face. Whenever someone started with ‘I want to be honest’, it usually meant that they hadn’t been before. It was a tad worrisome and she wondered briefly if this was the part where she got into trouble. Had his patience with her only been a front? Was she irritating? Or maybe just lacked talent, and now he was here to tell her that she had to be cut loose from being his student. . . It would be understandable of course, only the best would make sense to be on the Hokage’s squad, and she wasn’t sure that she fit the bill. So she plastered on her best ‘this is completely fine and I’m not heartbroken at all’ face, since she just knew that he was going to stop training her. And when he didn’t say any of that (it took her a few moments to catch up), her confused look returned in full force.

“So. . .”

She would pause as she placed a hand on the back of her neck, slightly massaging the muscles there as she tried to put her thoughts together.

“You’re not kicking me off your squad then? That’s a relief. I was pretty sure after what happened at the Festival that you’d find better replacements. Ummm okay. Hang on, there’s a lot going on.”

She would pull her legs up under herself and sit cross legged as she fiddled with the towel on the bench. It was a lot for the Hyuga woman to take in, she had been so prepared to lose her spot and now her emotions were all over the place. He’d said she was kind? She supposed she was, but it wasn’t something she really thought of as an asset, or thought of much at all. And then he wanted to learn about the Gentle Fist style, well she was already going to show him that anyway. She knew that the elders coveted their traditions and techniques but she didn’t see the harm in demonstrating for the Hokage of all people. Shouldn’t he be the one person that needed to know what his Shinobi were capable of?

“Well, I was wanting to show you what I could do anyway. I’ve been getting stronger and well, I think I can finally practice the Jūken style. I’m not worried about you seeing what I’m capable of, you’re the Hokage, it’s kinda your job to know isn’t it? And uh, thanks, for saying I’m kind. I can't say I really try to be, I just try to. . . do the right thing I guess. Mostly, at least when paint isn’t involved.” She would give a sheepish grin as she hinted at her favourite hobby; graffiti.

The Rogue Assassin:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:34 pm

Tengoku would smile as his shoulders visibly relaxed. He had been anxious about this meeting inside because of the possibilities of it all going wrong. Of course there were always possibilities but he had wanted to make this work. He wanted a student who wasn't bent over trying to fix everything and destroying themselves doing so. This was a time to train and it was fun doing so if one let themselves have fun. Before it got too far in their life and they had to choose to change their heart or die. He hoped that choice never happened for her but he could not prevent everything. He would damn sure try though. He hoped of course that she would grow to trust him as a sensei more than as the Hokage. She wasn't just another military number. None of them were but he felt a special place in his heart for his students. Even if they found less and less time to spend with him. Either through their crafts...lifes or through the plague. He watched them come and go...he simply hoped Xia would be different. She was kind like he wanted to be even if she didn't see it.

Still he would smile before replying to her. His eyes warm and soft at the innocence displayed there before him. His voice warm enough to meet that smile. He was genuinely happy to speak with someone not dragged down in their soul yet.

"Oh my dear student there is nothing you did wrong at the festival. It was simply an unfortunate incident you had no control over. That said the idea of just trying to do whats right...its all a little difficult but worthy of attempting. It is what I try to do as well. Remember though...you must consider the people around you as well. What is right by your standards may not be by theirs. Know when to stand up for what you see as right...and when it is time to acknowledge when you are wrong."

Tengoku would pause as his fingers curled around the edge of one of the towels. His eyes casting to the side as he wasn't sure she understood what he was asking...of the possible repercussions. He wanted that style but he wouldn't leave her in the dark over it. He would take a second but he would speak up again.

"Now then, as for the Juken...I am sure you are well aware of this...but the style is coveted by your bloodline. They protect it deeply and you may find some backlash if I figure out how to replicate it. Those around you may be caught up in this....the elders may even make you leave the clan compound...We will of course help relocate you but that is a lot of pain to endure for my sake....If that is something you feel you and yours can endure...I would like to know how the Juken style works. Specifics if you can."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Xia
    Xia

Character File

Post by Xia Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:49 pm

Xia listened to Tengoku’s words of wisdom, nodding at his sage advice. She did have a hard time admitting when she was wrong, according to her mother it wasn’t anything terrible though. Xia just couldn’t see what the harm was in beautifying her Village, and it was the main point of conflict between her and her father.

When Tengoku began speaking of what the Clan Elders may do in response to her demonstrating the Gentle Fist style, Xia shook her head ‘no’. “They would never do that. I appreciate the concern Sensei, but the Clan Elders are not so rash. If they don’t punish people for actually doing things wrong, then I doubt they would punish me for not doing anything wrong.” Xia was specifically referring to the treason committed by the previous Clan Leader, Chikamatsu. The Elders had of course known, and had yet to admonish the boy for any of his actions. They blamed the Uchiha of course, but she’d discovered that when it came to internal conflicts within the Clan, there was always someone outside of the Clan to blame. She figured it was a pride thing, that they felt better knowing that the Hyuga were strong and infallible and could point the finger at others to maintain that image. It was not something she agreed with, but she had seen it her whole life so she just shrugged it off and did her best to balance the scales of justice. This time it was the Uchiha that were blamed, times previous it was the Kotoshura or Kumogakure or even the weather. It didn’t actually matter to them who was to blame, merely that someone or something was.

Jumping up from her cross legged position, Xia would stand atop the bench she had been sitting on, a look that was a mixture of concern and excitement on her face. “As for actually replicating it. . . I’m not sure how you’d do that to be honest. The Gentle Fist style relies entirely on the Byakugan, without it I don’t think it would do anything.” She would point to her pale pupil-less eyes as she spoke, trying to point out the futility of her Sensei’s request. She wasn’t as strong or experienced as he was though, so she just shrugged after giving her mild warning and demonstrated it anyway. For all she knew there was a way to replicate it that she just hadn’t figured out yet.

Still on top of the bench, she lowered herself into a comfortable fighting stance; her left leg back and her hips low, allowing her centre of gravity to lower and make her more stable. With minimal effort she would activate her Byakugan, the veins on her temples bulging slightly as she took in the world differently. She no longer saw just an arena and her Sensei, she now saw the channels of power that ran the world and those inside it. Moving slowly she would mimic various movements and strikes as she spoke and explained what they did.

“Normally this would be done while fighting, there isn’t really any reason to do it outside of combat. The whole purpose of this style is to observe and manipulate the tenketsu of your opponent or allies. I suppose you could also do it to yourself, but I don’t know why you would really. The tenketsu are like. . . plugs in a drain. Imagine your body was a swimming pool and the water was your chakra. But this swimming pool was so large that it needed many drains to work properly. In almost all beings these drains work without us having to do anything, like how we breathe and blink without thinking about it. That’s how the tenketsu work; when there’s something in our eye we blink automatically to clear it, when there’s a foreign substance in our nostrils we sneeze and things like that.

Now most people can’t see the drains at all, or even really know that they’re there. The Hyuga though, we can see all of them. We can see which ones we can block to stop a technique or which ones we can open to increase the flow of Chakra. When using this style we can just reach out and touch someone and close or open a tenketsu to suit our needs in battle. We don’t have to hurt people to do this though, it really can be just a touch. I guess that’s why it’s called Gentle Fist. Huh. Never really thought about that before. If you hit harder though, well, it’ll destroy someone’s insides. What you’re actually doing is injecting your own chakra into someone else, so it can be violent or peaceful depending on your preference.”
    She would continue explaining the details of the Juken style as long as Tengoku wished, answering any questions he had - and continued to use broken and horrible metaphors while doing so.

Notes:

The Rogue Assassin:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:25 pm

Tengoku would listen to the young woman as she attempted to convince him of the innocence of her elders against his worries. He knew people and he knew pride but he would not deny her those she knew more than he had. People she may be close to. It would be wrong to spread suspicion to her and make her anxious of her own people. A part of him wanted to warn her...to let her know the evil waiting in the world for her. If she hadn't already been dragged into it. There were wicked and broken souls out there ready to tear good people like her down. He could only hope he was wrong. Still if she had faith he would let it be. He however would also listen to her explanation about the requirements of the Byakugan and their gentle fist style which relied upon it. He had hoped his sensory could replicate it but perhaps he was hoping for too much. Well that was an obstacle. He wasn't sure how he would get around that but that was for another time. She was going to teach him something so he should listen. It would be rude of him not to while he was the one who requested it.

Tengoku would listen as he slowly walked around her. Watching her going through the forms of their clans taijutsu style. The gentle fist was legendary of course. But he had never seen it performed. Members of that clan didn't usually spar with outsiders. Especially those without bloodlines at all. His primary focus in the academy had been sensory and his secondary was taijutsu. So he had been fascinated by the Hyuga at a young age. Her explanations of what all it did fell upon his ears like answers he had dreamt of as a child. Soon his coordination allowed him to step with her through the forms. Copying every move she made perfectly although without the byakugan active it held little purpose to learn the gentle fist. He wouldn't be able to effectively use it. Still his form was as good as hers as he moved with her. Almost frustrating how quickly he could pick up the forms as long as she showed him. Listening to her explanation until she was finished and speaking in return. He would continue stepping through the forms and attempting to memorize them as long as she did.

"I understand a little...our chakra system is like a system of pipes all interconnected to a pool or supply. You said one could shut down these pipes to stop jutsu or increase the flow even...What about modifying it for a different purpose? For instance...if we are using water and pipes as an example. The more water shoved into a pipe there is the more pressure it puts out. Increasing potential power. Could one do that with their chakra system to their muscles? Plug it up in just the right way to increase their physical bodies capabilities?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Xia
    Xia

Character File

Post by Xia Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:32 am

Xia continued to go slowly through the motions of the Juken style, allowing Tengoku to observe. She could see that he was copying her movements, most likely committing them to memory and she wondered how useful the movements would be without the Byakugan. When he asked about using the tenketsu to increase power she nodded in the affirmative, pausing in her own movements so she could face him properly and answer.

“Yes, it can do that. Exactly how I’m not sure I’m the one to explain. But yes, I do know that something like that can be done. You see, I’m not. . . uh, the most skillful of my Clan.” It was the nicest possible way she could think to put her actual place within the Clan to an outsider. She tried harder than anyone, but her skill always came up short. “My mother always says, ‘You’re the heart, cupcake. You don’t need to be the muscle too’. It’s a bit embarrassing really, I do try really hard. And I’ve come a long way, but I have a very long way to go.” Xia tried her best not to look too dejected as she admitted her faults. She so admired the Hokage, it was difficult for her to be honest about how weak she was. Difficult in that it hurt, not that she wouldn’t do it.

The Rogue Assassin:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 pm

Tengoku would notice her slip from her stance to further explain it to him. She had her doubts about her own ability as a Hyuga as she explained while he continued through the motions without her now. Picking up on the style from memory....she was better at it than him as his stance was a little sloppy. Clearly adjusting from strong fist into something new was difficult for him but he was making progress. Perhaps even close to a mix between the two. He would focus chakra into his palm but without the focus of the hyuga. Still the chakra built in his palm as he stepped forward and let it burst as he slammed his foot forward and turned his hand. A spiraling spin of chakra would burst forth almost similar to the rasengan but directional based. It would burst forth with a small bang and disrupt their surroundings with the force of it for just a moment before he would take a breath. Straightening up as he looked at his own palm before shaking it. Unsure of the numb feeling or if he had even come close. Still he would reply to Xias evaluation of herself. Or her mothers.

"Xia, shinobi can develop strength easily. Through training and dedication one can become a hammer or scalpel for the village as needed. However the quest for that power tends to come with a cold heart and a dark mind. I have seen men fall to depression and hopelessness. I have watched people with the power to protect choose to create chaos. Women in power filled with sadism and masochism. Men who would readily turn all to ashes. It is the heart we must focus on. Keeping it warm and welcoming so others can find that light. With a strong heart and a smart mind you can overcome your limits. It just will require some dedication and self awareness. No man is without fault Xia....just some of us want to be better."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Ayame
    Ayame
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Post by Ayame Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:51 pm

Ayame had been training herself up more and more, focusing on getting faster, and keeping up with that level of speed. Mostly it was just running and going through an obstacle course. Her stamina was naturally rising as well, in addition to her physical capabilities, but she hadn't been actually focused on doing any sort of strength training. It made sense though, Ayame wasn't a physical fighter as much as she was a ninjutsu user. The only reason she was focusing on physical training like she was currently was so that she could stay away from people and use ninjutsu from a distance.

Her spar with Valen had taught her a lot. She was woefully slow in comparison to physical combatants. She had to be faster, able to run away faster and keep a distance while raining down powerful Wood Release jutsu (or other elements, she always needed to remember to utilize them as well).

Over the course of the last few months, Ayame had been undergoing a very strict training regimen, having left the Festival early, despite wanting to enjoy it a little more. Consequently, she'd been unable to aid in the battle against the Indaina Kujira, which was unfortunate because she'd been training so much lately so that she could be of more use against the enemies of Konoha, but she hadn't been needed, and probably wouldn't have been able to contribute much against it anyhow.

Still, she'd been training a ton, and had managed to begin tapping into the nature energy of the world around her. She could feel it at times, but wasn't really able to utilize it just yet. There was something just on the precipice though, something that was intertwined with her at the very core.

The white haired genin took a moment to catch her breath at the end of the obstacle course, and she caught an interesting glimpse. The Hokage and another kunoichi running through drills? It was the bang of whatever technique that the Hokage had just used that had drawn her attention, startling her.

Wiping off the sweat from her forehead, Ayame headed closer to get a better look at what was going on. It was always kind of interesting to see the leader of your village after all.

Character File

Post by Xia Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:54 pm

Xia thought Tengoku was getting pretty close to mimicking the style she was trying to show him. The condensing of chakra and the loud noise at the end though were nothing like what she was used to seeing. But she didn’t want to discourage him, so she listened to his words. He said a lot of things, most of which she was pretty sure didn’t apply to her, or maybe they were meant to. . . she couldn’t be certain. But she did know for certain that she wasn’t a man, that part was weird. Her little face would scrunch up at the incorrect pronouns as she tried to figure out how to relate to a metaphor about some unknown man. ‘He’s not saying I’m a man, is he? Cuz that’s not. . . do I look like one?’

It was probably just another one of those things she didn’t understand, and there were so many of those. Xia wasn’t the brightest cookie in the toolbox, so she let it go. She also didn’t know what sadism or masochism were, but from the way Tengoku said it, they sounded bad. She made a mental note to ask her mother about it later. Sitting down on the bench she would furrow her brows as she looked up at Tengoku. “My mother always says I have a strong heart, so maybe that’s enough. I have to keep training, and keep trying and one day I’ll get it. I won’t let you down, Tengoku Sensei.” For a Hyuga, Xia was not overly perceptive so she hadn’t yet noticed the white haired woman that was watching from afar, though should she approach Xia would give her a warm smile.

The Rogue Assassin:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:57 pm

Tengoku would shift his ears a little. The loud bang had been unpleasant but he wasn't deaf from it at least. Still he caught a scent on the air as he turned his attention to a nearby individual who had been minding their own until now. Not that he minded company but those golden eyes would take her in. She looked young but still she fit the look of a fighter. Offhandedly he almost attributed her features to that of the Kaguya. With her pale skin and snow white hair she matched that bloodline fairly well...though people assumed Tengoku was an Inuzuka if they didn't actually know his origins. He found it amusing but had no real connection to that small clan. Dogs were tamed while wolves....well they could be agreeable but they held onto their wild side. Still Xia would continue to speak. Promising to continue her training and grow stronger. He would smile and reach out to pat her head lightly. Still he would lower his hand to his side. Resting it on his hip as he nodded over the new arrival. Assuming she would approach when bidden she would be met with a warm smile that matched warm eyes.

"I hope we aren't intruding. Who might you be?"

He assumed he didn't need to introduce himself and Xia could introduce herself if she liked. Still he would listen to her response if she gave one. However there was an ache building behind his eyes. At first he pushed it to the side of his mind. Just another migrain. However the intensity would grow until his smile dropped and he winced. Sucking in air between his teeth. Grunting out as his hands rose to his face. Pressing into his eyes as he dropped to his knees. Snarling in pain as he pressed. So much pressure building behind his eyes...filling them...it burned and pushed and shifted. Mixing together his blood and the radiation from the Indiana Kaiju. Finally it had run its course and altered his blood. Still he would pant as he held his eyes. The pain fading but something else felt off. He felt a strange sensation of power....but what..Tengoku would lower his hands as he looked up in surprise. The whites of his eyes flooded black and a glowing line of gold straight up and down the middle. His eyes having molded into the dojutsu... He would stare at the new girl in shock. Unsure of what had happened....

"Wh...What did you do to me?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Ayame
    Ayame
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Post by Ayame Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 am

"Oh no, not intruding, I ju-"

All of a sudden, the Hokage began holding his head as if he was in a great amount of pain, and Ayame's alarm bells started blaring in her head. Something was wrong, but she didn't know what.

"Oh no, oh no, what do I do? Oh god, I don't know what to do!"

Ayame was almost rooted in her spot, frozen in one place in the midst of her panic. There wasn't anything that she could do to help him, and Tengoku.... blamed her? Had she done something? Was he allergic to her pollenated scent? She didn't know what to do, she couldn't get any help, she couldn't be any help.

Eventually, though, everything calmed down, and she saw that his eyes were glowing.

"I'm just a Senju, Lord Hokage. I don't know what happened, I just wanted to see what was going on here, I'm so sorry if I hurt you somehow!"

She looked between Xia and Tengoku, slightly panicked by the situation. This was all going very weird, very fast.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Innocence Uchiha Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Innocence wasn't in the mood to train today, but she was in the mood for a walk. She decided to tour the Konoha Grand Training Facility. She always found the phrase "Facility" to be a bit of a misnomer. As she understood it, the area was made up of dirt training grounds, colosseums, forests, lakes, gymnasiums and dojos. It was built by the Hokage that preceded her father and was designed to provide a space for any shinobi to hone their skills regardless of what their chosen field of expertise might be. The facility had been drawn up in the years leading up to the Great War and it was a good thing too. The Hokage's daughter shuddered to think what might have happened if the Leaf was totally unprepared for war.

Innocence was wearing her typical outfit. It consisted of a messy lab coat with a skeleton imprint on the front, black latex gloves, black lab boots and snow white bows affixed to her long black hair. She had made her way through most of the theme park sized training grounds, but she hadn't really visited the gladiatorum. It looked like the perfect place to host Chuunin Exams which was funny because Innocence didn't see herself participating in those for a long while. She was barely good enough to be a genin let alone a Chuunin.

Might as well check it out though.

Innocence wandered into the sandy fighting pit and saw three others standing about. Well more specifically, she saw two individuals standing and one kneeling. As she got closer, she caught the tail end of what was being said.

"Wh...What did you do to me?"
    "Oh no, oh no, what do I do? Oh god, I don't know what to do!"

Innocence squinted as she realized that she knew the man kneeling on the ground.

Hokage-sama?!

Tengoku was her father's hand picked successor and what some could call a "family friend." The Wolf Man had dined at their residence during Mercedes's promotion celebration. He seemed polite enough, but a bit of a stick in the mud for her taste. He was the Hokage though and thus any attack on him could be perceived to be an attack on little Innocence. The other two people were strangers, but the one that was currently panicking appeared to be the cause of the distress. Innocence was smart enough to know that it probably wasn't a true assassination attempt. The white haired one likely used some technique on the Hokage that he wasn't ready for. Innocence thus concluded that she was witnessing a training accident. Nevertheless, this was a good opportunity to assert her dominance on a Senju. She never liked how her father went on and on about that Ashitaka kid. Now she was going to prove it by dusting this Ayame due to her alleged "assault" on the Hokage.

Rather than using her medical talents to tend to Tengoku, Innocence ran towards Ayame and balled her hands into fists.

"How dare you attack the Hokage!" she screamed as she charged. Aided by a burst of chakra, Innocence leapt into the air and threw a punch at Ayame's right eye. Her aim was to marr her face with a black eye. Once she let the squawking Senju know who was boss, she'd tend to the Hokage's injuries. Ijutsu was after all one of the few things she was good at.

Character File

Post by Xia Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:10 am

Tengoku was as kind and welcoming as ever when Ayame walked up, and it made Xia proud to call him her Sensei. The white haired woman was quick to reassure Tengoku that he wasn’t intruding on her when suddenly the Hokage reeled in pain, pressing his hands to his eyes. Xia watched and felt utterly helpless as her Sensei tried to manage whatever was wrong. Xia wasn’t a medical ninja and had little background in even basic first aid, but she knew pain when she saw it. “Sensei. . .?” Her voice was quiet and hesitant as Tengoku pulled his hands away from his eyes and she saw how those eyes had changed.

His question concerned her. She wasn’t the most perceptive as far as her own clan was concerned, but compared to most she was above average. She hadn’t seen anything out of the ordinary as Ayame had approached, so she had to make the assumption that when he said ‘what did you do to me’, the ‘you’ was some reference to someone that wasn’t here. With that optimistic assumption in mind, she quickly interrupted Ayame’s panicking. “No no, I don’t think he means you. You just walked up, how could you have done anything at all, you’re not even in arms reach or anything. Sensei, why are your eyes different?. . . They’re black and gold now. . . are you hurt?” Obviously he was hurt, and also could not see his own eyes. So both of the things Xia had just pointed out were. . . not helpful.

Xia would move to place herself comfortably between Tengoku and Ayame, seeking to ease the tension out of the situation by a calm presence. That lasted all of about two seconds when she heard an indignant scream from none other than Innocence Uchiha. Xia knew the girl mainly through reputation, she was the previous Hokage’s youngest daughter, but Xia had also recently seen her at Nyguyen’s funeral and so recognized her right away. Xia turned at the sound of Innocence’s voice just in time to see a balled up fist heading straight for Ayame’s face, and she sprung into action and squarely put herself in front of Ayame. Her right hand would come up, intending to catch the swinging fist and deflect the strike harmlessly. Xia was counting on being faster than Innocence, but was more than willing to take the punch if she wasn’t.

If she did manage to deflect the strike, Xia would shake her head calmly and try to talk Innocence down. “No, it’s okay. I don’t think she did anything, I don’t know what’s happening. Everything was fine and then. . . his eyes are different now and I don’t know anything about medicine or eyeballs or anything. We need to help him, he needs a doctor.”

The Rogue Assassin:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:15 am

Tengoku would feel his head ache fading. The pain more of a memory now as it faded. He felt fear in his heart for it returning. The anguish he had not been able to hide. However his eyes would blink. The black filling the whites completely now of his eyes white his pupil had turned into three golden lines. He would seem confused as he would blink. His vision seeming to change as he watched. He could see almost vibrations he thought at first... Perhaps and after effect like when one moved something very quickly? A blur? He took a moment before he realized he was seeing an oddity. Like objects around him seemed to vary in weight and he could predict the movement. A rock crumbled from some old training scar off the bulk of the pillar nearby and he could see it as if there was a line of its trajectory. As if he knew how it would fall and when simply by looking at it. He felt a sense of immensity as he realized how far his vision would spread. Realizing the vastness of this new power and how small he was within it. How small each of them were.

However he could not keep his attention focused entirely on this vision. He had almost missed the daughter of his predecessor charging in. Now though he could see it. The chakra within each of the three before him. Within himself. He could see it flaring with colors as there was Innocences rage, a red glow throughout her chakra matching her anger like flame. Xia standing to place herself in danger between them. A glowing gold matching her determination to do right. A blue with streaks of green within Ayame to match her fear and confusion. It all seemed too easy to see now. Was this some power? Logic dictated that some power had awakened in him...which the timing was odd but Ayame... It had been in fear that he made that accusation. Fear and pain driving him to jump to conclusions. He trusted the honesty of these colors and would feel an urge within him. As if telling him to form a hand sign...from his gut calling out to him as he felt or rather saw in his mind...the hand sign for rabbit. And to focus on Innocence...but only for a moment. So he would form the rabbit hand sign at S rank coordination and speak.

"Stop."

It was a command in a stern tone. As soon as he said it the interaction between Xia and Innocence would begin. As it did a dome of chakra would burst from Tengoku at the center for only about four seconds. He couldn't hold it but for a split second Innocence if she didn't counter it or escape it would feel immense pressure with that one word. As if the sky was falling down upon her and pressing her down. After the four seconds though it would flicker out and Tengoku would place his palms on his legs and pant a moment. His first use of that power draining him a little. Still he would hold up a hand to stop anything further. Speaking as he did.

"Hold Innocence. I appreciate your courage on my behalf...but...I was in the wrong. It was unfair of me to judge Ayame upon freshly meeting her. I believe no one here is responsible...that said....Innocence...Xia...I would ask a favor of both of you....Innocence will you examine me medically here in the field and Xia...would you check my chakra for oddities? And Ayame...I am sorry."

Jutsu used:

Stats:

Current attunement -

Ayame
    Ayame
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Post by Ayame Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:56 pm

This day was certainly getting stranger and stranger all at one time. Distracted by the Hokage's pain, Ayame was pulled from her confusion by the former Hokage's daughter charging into the scene. She heard the running, but wasn't looking. It wasn't until the words reached her ears that she even registered that it was aimed towards her.

Turning to see Innocence, Ayame's perception of her was as if the girl was in slow motion. If Ayame's instincts were better, she'd dodge, but combat wasn't a language she spoke intuitively. Ayame was still somewhat frozen and was about to be struck.

At least, she would have been if Xia hadn't intercepted. It was an odd thing, knowing you could react, but your body doesn't respond. To be fair though, Ayame didn't usually need to avoid anything. Her healing factor kept her up even when she took something particularly nasty. At least, it kept her from dying. She'd definitely been in situations where it would have been the end of her if not for that particular ability.

Something to work on in the future. She couldn't be freezing like that during combat scenarios or sneak attacks. That could spell certain doom against an attack that could kill instantly.

"Thank you, Lord Hokage."

He had apologized for his reaction, and having verified that she wasn't an attacker, realized his mistake. That was certainly refreshing. It was good to know that the Kage she served didn't think himself above apology. Leadership that recognized when mistakes were made was incredibly important.

Turning, Ayame looked to Innocence and gave a slight respectful bow. No harm no foul, Ayame certainly wasn't one to hold a grudge.

"Thank you, for attempting to protect the Lord Hokage. Some people freeze in unknown situations, and I'm trying to be more like you, quick to react."

And then to Xia.

"Thank you for saving me from a punch."

Just because she could self repair didn't mean Ayame liked to get hit.

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:24 pm

exiting thread
    7 posts x 30 = 210

Stats:

Current attunement -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:49 am