Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+2
Akame
Sakata
6 posters

Joker's Techniques

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Chemistry, Kenjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: 494,950

Joker's Techniques Empty Joker's Techniques

Post by Sakata Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Name: Thunderclap
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: S
    Upkeep Cost: B
    Range: Self
    Speed: N/A
    Element: Raiton
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: N/A
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals:: Snake → Rat → Ox → Boar → Tiger → Ram → Snake → Hare → Ox → Dragon → Clap hands
    Description: The user envelopes themselves in a dense shroud of lightning chakra that appears as white and yellow/blue. After encasing themselves in the potent chakra they zoom forth at any place that was in their line of vision prior to accelerating. While under the effect of the technique, the user's Speed is boosted by 2 tiers. While using this technique, no other ones can be performed, and any that were being maintained prior are automatically deactivated. Taijutsu styles are an exclusion to this, but otherwise this technique serves only as a method of on-foot transportation, similar to Shunshin, apart from the linear movement [so long as he can see where he's going, he still has to have reasonable Perception]. As added flavor effect, the user appears as a lightning bolt while moving.
    Weaknesses: Can only be used to move from point A to point B. Since this doesn't boost Perception at all either, using this technique without the proper setup is suicidal most of the time.

Name: Lightning Release: Lightning Shiver
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: B
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 0-20 m.
    Speed: B
    Classification: N/A
    Hand Seals: Ram → Monkey → Boar → Ox → Rat → Snake
    Description: After properly kneading their chakra and forming the needed handseals, the user slams their hand palmfirst into a structure, dispersing their lightning chakra. In an explosive, shockwave-like effect, a lethal current of lightning chakra rips across the surroundings as a lethal current that fluently flickers around them, traveling up to the 20 meters allotted by the technique. When used in direct contact with the ground, the bolts tear across, destroying the earth in the range of the technique and leaving it a crater in its wake, much like Cherry Blossom Impact.
    Weaknesses: N/A

Last edited by Simon on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Ryo:

Joker's Techniques Empty Re: Joker's Techniques

Post by Akame Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Blonde wrote:Name: Thunderclap
    Power: -
    Hand Seals: N/A (for Simon at least, though the technique normally requires 10 handseals)
    Description: The user envelopes themselves in a dense shroud of lightning chakra that appears as white and yellow/blue. After encasing themselves in the potent chakra they zoom forth at any place that was in their line of vision prior to accelerating. While under the effect of the technique, the user's Speed is boosted by 2 tiers. While using this technique, no other ones can be performed, and any that were being maintained prior are automatically deactivated. Taijutsu styles are an exclusion to this, but otherwise this technique serves only as a method of on-foot transportation, similar to Shunshin. Unlike Shunshin, though, this technique is able to push them past the boundaries of their limits, in exchange for it's intense drain [bypasses the necessity of a base stat of S to reach X in Speed]. As added flavor effect, the user appears as a lightning bolt while moving.
    Weaknesses: Can only be used to move from point A to point B. Since this doesn't boost Perception at all either, using this technique without the proper setup is suicidal most of the time.

Power will still need to be added here. For a two tier boost, this would be S rank in power. The upkeep for this will also need to be B rank, as it reads like a technique that may be maintained over multiple posts. While you may not require handseals for this technique, the handseals normally required for this will need to be added. Or you can just make it cost none normally.

Bypassing the need for a S tier base stat for X rank speed is going to need removed, I can't see any way of balancing that within any custom registration. Also, this says that it is similar to Shunshin. Does that mean you are only allowed to travel in a straight line with this technique?

Description: After properly kneading their chakra and forming the needed handseals, the user slams their hand palmfirst into a structure, dispersing their lightning chakra. In an explosive, shockwave-like effect, a lethal current of lightning chakra rips across the surroundings as a lethal current that fluently flickers around them. When used in direct contact with the ground, the bolts tear across, destroying the earth in the range of the technique and leaving it a crater in its wake, much like Cherry Blossom Impact.

I'm having a difficult time envisioning the first described application of this technique against structures. Could you please elaborate on what actually happens when used in this manner? I'd also like to see a solid range on this instead of the varying one. If you want to restrain the damage or range you may do so in the course of roleplay, but for the registration process, I'd like to just see what the maximum range is please.

"Death comes for everyone. I'm just moving you to the front of the line."
    Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Alrighty, made the changes.

Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Blonde wrote:Name: Thunderclap
    Hand Seals:: Snake → Rat → Ox → Boar → Tiger → Ram → Snake → Hare → Ox → Dragon → Clap hands
    Description: The user envelopes themselves in a dense shroud of lightning chakra that appears as white and yellow/blue. After encasing themselves in the potent chakra they zoom forth at any place that was in their line of vision prior to accelerating. While under the effect of the technique, the user's Speed is boosted by 2 tiers. While using this technique, no other ones can be performed, and any that were being maintained prior are automatically deactivated. Taijutsu styles are an exclusion to this, but otherwise this technique serves only as a method of on-foot transportation, similar to Shunshin, apart from the linear movement [so long as he can see where he's going, he still has to have reasonable Perception]. As added flavor effect, the user appears as a lightning bolt while moving.

Description: After properly kneading their chakra and forming the needed handseals, the user slams their hand palmfirst into a structure, dispersing their lightning chakra. In an explosive, shockwave-like effect, a lethal current of lightning chakra rips across the surroundings as a lethal current that fluently flickers around them, traveling up to the 20 meters allotted by the technique. When used in direct contact with the ground, the bolts tear across, destroying the earth in the range of the technique and leaving it a crater in its wake, much like Cherry Blossom Impact.

Approved~

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Name: Raijin
    Skill: Ninjutsu, Senory
    Requirements: Sensory Technique
    Hand Seals:: Snake → Clap hands
    Description: A unique technique wherein the user engulfs themselves in a small, but dense field of whiteish-blue lightning chakra that coats their body, illuminating its entirety in a mix of white and blue, with a glow of the same color. In addition, their hair spikes up partially, while sparks occasionally dances along their frame. The external and internal flow of chakra through their body can be used to shock what comes in physical contact with them, so long as they desire that to be the case.

As opposed to relying on the nervous system, the user utilizes their lightning chakra in it's place, using it to manually send and receive signals throughout the body based on instinct alone. Raijin's general function is made up of two abilities, that work simultaneously while Raijin is active:

Genzai (現在: lit. meaning 'current'): Genzai uses the environment as a cue for the user's actions, causing them to be performed based on instinct, rather than thought. This is the technique's more basic stage of utilization, and boosts the user's Speed by two tiers, and their tier of tracking capabilities for Perception by one. At the same time, the user's predictive abilities are reduced by one tier.
    Raiu (雷雨 lit. meaning 'lightning storm'): Raiu is the more advanced variation of Raijin, allowing the user to weaponize themselves. The user is able to reduce their two-tier Speed boost to one, and allocate that tier to Strength or Coordination. Additionally, they can change which stat that one tier is applied to by will.

Raijin's duration of use is dependent on the user's Constitution. For every tier of Constitution the user has, the duration increases by two posts. Once those posts elapse, Raijin ends and cannot be used for the rest of that thread.
    Weaknesses: Limited to one use per thread. Additionally, only taijutsu can be used while the technique is active.

Last edited by Blonde on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:29 am

Blonde wrote:Name: Raijin
    Activation Cost: No idea
    Upkeep Cost: No idea
    Description: After concentrating lightning chakra throughout their person, the user coats themselves in a thin veil of the element, causing their frame to faintly shine and their hair to stand up. Apart from serving as a visual indication that they've entered "Raijin", this technique's lightning chakra also offensively uses it. Upon coming in contact with physical contact with a foe, the lightning chakra coating the user strikes them in tandem with their body, adding a shocking and numbing effect to the user's blows that has the capacity to stun people without S-Rank Constitution for one round. Raijin additionally helps speed up the frequency and accuracy of the user's blows, giving a unique boost of one tier to Perception, and another to Speed.
    Weaknesses: Disables use of techniques other than ones with a taijutsu or Raiton basis to them.

So, this is listed as having a Unique Boost rather than a generic boost. Your one Unique Boost custom can only boost a maximum of ++ in total. It also increases the rank of the technique's costs by one, meaning other boosts for it will be smaller than usually allowed for a technique that rank barring other drawbacks making up for that boost. The way this technique is described, it also has no real merit for a boost to Perception.

That being said, I feel like this is just LCM with less Raiton. I want to avoid copying village exclusive and restricted techniques as much as possible, so I'd be willing to approve this only after you fix the above and drop the power down to a maximum of B rank along with the relative boosts which will also only be able to be applied to Strength, Speed, and Coordination. Anyone with a brain can figure out how to coat themselves in Raiton, so I don't want to deny it based on that alone, but I'm afraid I'm going to be less liberal than I usually would be with custom techniques because of this similarity to LCM.

Name: Thundersurge
    Hand Seals:: Horse → Snake → Dog → Hare → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Dragon → Snake → Clap hands
    Description: This Lightning Release technique functions entirely off of nullifying the use of the body's nervous system. By interfering with the brain's electrical impulses through the use of lightning chakra, the channeling of chakra at breakneck speeds is used to actively shift the brain's messages to their destination far faster than what's necessary. As a result, the user's reactionary prowess and means of perception are boosted incredibly, allowing them to perform feats they're normally incapable of without the technique. They gain one  tier of Perception and one tier of Coordination while this technique is active.
    Weaknesses: Cannot be used with any other techniques aside from Raijin or Thunderclap.

This is going to need either Sensory or Ijutsu as an additional skill requirement, as controlling your nervous system with raiton is a more complex technique than most other jutsu of the same element would normally be even at higher ranks. That's the requirement I have for my own version of this, and it's the one I'm going to stick with for others too. I also feel like flooding your nervous system with a S rank amount of chakra is going to do some damage unless your Constitution is sufficiently high, as in A rank minimum to avoid damage once the technique ends.

This can be remedied by reducing the overall power to around B rank, otherwise a Constitution check is going to have to be added. I'd say one - to the boosted stats for every tier of Constitution below A for the remainder of the thread. You also will not be able to use other Raiton techniques with this at all. Issuing such fine control over your nervous system is going to take a lot of your focus, and firing more electricity through your body would only disturb that focus. And lastly, I'd like to see a post limit for this technique before you have to give your nervous system a break before reactivating it again.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm

So basically I have to make Raijin a normal booster if I want it to retain the normal boosts? Also I can't have one of them be Perception-based? And I'm guessing Thundersurge can't boost Perception by other means? It was intended to control the movement of the brain's electrical pulses (whether in or out of Raijin) rather than the nervous system, so that the nervous system wouldn't be needed while the technique is being used. I'd also figured if an intelligence requirement was stuck on it it'd be fine for the concept at least.

Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Correct for Raijin, up to a maximum of B rank due to the similarity with LCM. And you can have a technique that boosts Perception, but it has to make some sort of sense in relation to the technique. Simply coating your body in a relatively little amount of lightning is not going to increase your ability to track people or guess at what they're going to do any better than normal. This would act more as a boost to your body, hence me giving the listed stats as its limits.

For Thundersurge, impulses to your body's muscles from your brain happens along the nervous system which targets specific muscle groups. Taking control of your brain's electrical signals is taking control of your nervous system, as that's the system of the body the brain belongs to. The effect is the same no matter which way you describe it. You wouldn't be able to divert the current through your body any other way without causing damage or making every muscle in your body seize up as your desired signal reaches the desired muscle. The nervous system isn't exactly tough as nails either, which is why I say that flooding so much chakra into it in one shot is going to damage you without enough Constitution.

This is why I say it would require another skill other than Ninjutsu too, as most Ninjutsu don't exact the amount of finesse a technique like this would actually require to pull off without damaging your body irreparably. Techniques that require finesse are usually derived from Ninjutsu, but have been refined into something else such as Ijutsu and Fuuinjutsu. I believe a technique like this would require more finesse than a normal Ninjutsu would, hence my requirement for Ijutsu or Sensory. I also don't mind this having a boost to Perception or a boost to Coordination, both of those make sense in the context of this technique and its functionality. But in order for the technique to function in a balanced way on the site, the edits I explained will need to happen which is also why I suggested multiple paths. If you have other suggestions, I'm more than willing to hear them out and if I like it then we can talk from there.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Followed what you suggested for Raijin and added in the new description and the other stuff. Removed Thundersurge as well. I kept the original weakness for having limited technique-use to balance it out, unless the Constitution thing is enough.

Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:41 am

Requirements: Sensory skill
    Description: A unique technique wherein the user engulfs themselves in a small, but dense field of whiteish-blue lightning chakra that coats their body, illuminating its entirety in a mix of white and blue, with a glow of the same color. In addition, their hair spikes up partially, while sparks occasionally dances along their frame. The external and interanl flow of chakra through their body can be used to shock what comes in physical contact with them, so long as they desire that to be the case.

As opposed to relying on the nervous system, the user utilizes their lightning chakra in it's place, using it to manually send and receive signals throughout the body based on instinct alone. Raijin's general function is made up of two abilities, that work simultaneously while Raijin is active:

Genzai (現在: lit. meaning 'current'): Genzai uses the environment as a cue for the user's actions, causing them to be performed based on instinct, rather than thought. This is the technique's more basic stage of utilization, and boosts the user's Speed by two tiers, and their tier of tracking capabilities for Perception by one. At the same time, the user's predictive abilities are reduced by one tier.
    Raiu (雷雨 lit. meaning 'lightning storm'): Raiu is the more advanced variation of Raijin, allowing the user to weaponize themselves. The user is able to reduce their two-tier Speed boost to one, and allocate that tier to Strength or Coordination. Additionally, they can change which stat that one tier is applied to by will.

Raijin's duration of use is dependent on the user's Constitution. For every tier of Constitution the user has, the duration increases by two posts. Once those posts elapse, Raijin ends and cannot be used for the rest of that thread.
    Weaknesses: Limited to one use per thread. Additionally, only taijutsu can be used while the technique is active.

Put Sensory as a second skill in the skill field and tag the Sensory technique as a requirement. If a skill is listed in the Skill field, it is not required to be in the requirements field. Once that's done, this should be good to go.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:29 pm

alright, did that.

Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Skill: Ninjutsu, Senory
    Requirements: Sensory Technique
    Description: A unique technique wherein the user engulfs themselves in a small, but dense field of whiteish-blue lightning chakra that coats their body, illuminating its entirety in a mix of white and blue, with a glow of the same color. In addition, their hair spikes up partially, while sparks occasionally dances along their frame. The external and interanl flow of chakra through their body can be used to shock what comes in physical contact with them, so long as they desire that to be the case.

Approved~

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 pm

Name: Lightning Release: Conducted Lightning Acceleration Cannon (or just "Railgun")
    Power: A
    Activation Cost: A
    Upkeep Cost: ---
    Range: 0-80m
    Speed: A
    Requirements: Chakra Flow, B-Rank Coordination
    Parent Technique: ---
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Horse → Snake → Ram → Hare → Dog → Snake → Seal of Confrontation
    Description: A highly-advanced Lightning Release technique that involves utilizing electricity-conductive objects as mediums. Lightning Release chakra is flowed into the user's hand, more specifically the thumb and the pointer finger. Upon lining up the conductive object with their closed fist (with the thumb tucked in), the user flicks their thumb up, unleashing a powerful discharge that immediately gathers at the medium, and then uses its conductive properties to reinforce the conglomerate of chakra.

The large amount of lightning chakra focused into the object eradicates it in the process, but releases a concentrated, penetrative wave of lightning chakra. It tears apart most of the general surroundings and generates immense amounts of air pressure as it advances to a given target,
    Weaknesses: Requires a conductor to be used with.

Last edited by Blonde on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Blonde wrote:Name: Lightning Release: Conducted Lightning Acceleration Cannon (or just "Railgun")
    Range: 0-120m
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: A highly-advanced Lightning Release technique that involves utilizing electricity-conductive objects as mediums. Lightning Release chakra is flowed into the user's hand, more specifically the thumb and the pointer finger. Upon lining up the conductive object with their closed fist (with the thumb tucked in), the user flicks their thumb up, unleashing a powerful discharge that immediately gathers at the medium, and then uses its conductive properties to reinforce the conglomerate of chakra.

The large amount of lightning chakra focused into the object eradicates it in the process, but releases a concentrated, penetrative wave of lightning chakra. It tears apart most of the general surroundings and generates immense amounts of air pressure as it advances to a given target,
    Weaknesses: Requires a conductive to be used with, to make up for the lack of handseals required.

This should have handseals or a charge time.

Character File

Post by Sakata Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Changed accordingly.

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Blonde wrote:Name: Lightning Release: Conducted Lightning Acceleration Cannon (or just "Railgun")
    Range: 0-80m
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Horse → Snake → Ram → Hare → Dog → Snake → Seal of Confrontation

Weaknesses: Requires a conductor to be used with.

Approved

Character File

Post by Sakata Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:29 am

Name: Perfect Copy
    Power: --
    Upkeep Cost: 1
    Speed: --
    Element: N/A
    Requirements: B-Rank Stamina, knowledge of the copied person’s voice/appearance (common sense stuff)
    Parent Technique: Transformation Technique
    Hand Seals: Clap Hands (hold for 5 seconds)
    Description: A unique technique that allows the user to augment their body’s appearance and voice, hence its name since it could be used well when applied to imitating someone else. Like the technique it was inspired by, the Transformation Technique, it can be used with very little upkeep, although it functions differently. Instead of just requiring minimal chakra at the start and nearly the same amount going onward, this technique utilizes a large amount of chakra at the beginning, requiring users to have potent and refined control over their reserves, in turn for allowing it to be maintained even when the user is struck or distracted from what’s essentially a subconscious upkeep.
    Weaknesses: Requires excessive buildup. Works only in cases where there's a straight path between the user and their target. Also pretty obvious to a target that can react.
    --------------------------------
    Note: Open to everyone. Please put this in Non-Elemental for the technique library if it's able to approved.

Name: Lightning Release: Lightning Step
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: --
    Upkeep Cost: C
    Range: Contact
    Speed: User’s Speed
    Classification: Kumogakure Village Exclusive
    Requirements: Chakra Flow
    Hand Seals: Snake → Ram → Hare
    Description: A Lightning Release technique that doubles as an on-foot travel method and as protection against ground-based traps. The user coats their feet in a layer of lightning chakra, allocating most of it to the soles of their feet. The rapid circulation of lightning chakra functions like the Surface Walking technique, while also using that layer as a deterrent between the user’s feet and the ground. This effectively removes the friction between the user’s feet and the ground, allowing them to essentially skate along surfaces as they would water with Surface Walking. This technique leaves a trail of sparks and burnt earth behind the user, allowing them to also attack with their feet for a brief shock equal to the technique’s Power.

Boosts the user’s Speed by 1 tier while being used, due to the lack of friction.
    Weaknesses: Only usable with the user’s feet.

Name: Lightning Release: Supercharge
    Range: 0-15m
    Requirements: --
    Hand Seals: Hare → Ram → Dragon → Snake → Tiger → Horse → Boar → Dog → Slam surface
    Description: After completing the required handseals, the user unleashes a practical shock wave of Lightning Release chakra from their person, dispersing their chakra throughout their surroundings and leaving residual electricity within the air. While this electricity remains within their surroundings, the user is able to effectively increase the power of their techniques by 1 tier, also carrying the potential to increase the size of them by nearly twice the original. If the technique is already at S Power, this simply does nothing to it. The field of amplification lasts a total of three posts after the initial setup. Additionally, this technique does not enhance enemy Raiton Ninjutsu, since its effect is done off of the basis of the user drawing from their own dispersed chakra as an outside power source. This can be rendered null if said enemy is able to use the user’s chakra against them, though.
    Weaknesses: Does not do damage itself, and does not reduce the chakra required for other techniques that it enhances. Additionally, if a technique is performed outside of the 15 meter range, it does not receive the boost.

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 am

Blonde wrote:Name: Perfect Copy
    Upkeep Cost: 1
    Requirements: B-Rank Stamina, knowledge of the copied person’s voice/appearance (common sense stuff)
    Parent Technique: Transformation Technique
    Hand Seals: Clap Hands (hold for 5 seconds)
    Description: A unique technique that allows the user to augment their body’s appearance and voice, hence its name since it could be used well when applied to imitating someone else. Like the technique it was inspired by, the Transformation Technique, it can be used with very little upkeep, although it functions differently. Instead of just requiring minimal chakra at the start and nearly the same amount going onward, this technique utilizes a large amount of chakra at the beginning, requiring users to have potent and refined control over their reserves, in turn for allowing it to be maintained even when the user is struck or distracted from what’s essentially a subconscious upkeep.
    Weaknesses: Requires excessive buildup. Works only in cases where there's a straight path between the user and their target. Also pretty obvious to a target that can react.
    --------------------------------
    Note: Open to everyone. Please put this in Non-Elemental for the technique library if it's able to approved.

Name: Lightning Release: Lightning Step
    Speed: User’s Speed
    Requirements: Chakra Flow
    Hand Seals: Snake → Ram → Hare
    Description: A Lightning Release technique that doubles as an on-foot travel method and as protection against ground-based traps. The user coats their feet in a layer of lightning chakra, allocating most of it to the soles of their feet. The rapid circulation of lightning chakra functions like the Surface Walking technique, while also using that layer as a deterrent between the user’s feet and the ground. This effectively removes the friction between the user’s feet and the ground, allowing them to essentially skate along surfaces as they would water with Surface Walking. This technique leaves a trail of sparks and burnt earth behind the user, allowing them to also attack with their feet for a brief shock equal to the technique’s Power.

Boosts the user’s Speed by 1 tier while being used, due to the lack of friction.
    Weaknesses: Only usable with the user’s feet.

Name: Lightning Release: Supercharge
    Range: 0-15m
    Requirements: --
    Hand Seals: Hare → Ram → Dragon → Snake → Tiger → Horse → Boar → Dog → Slam surface
    Description: After completing the required handseals, the user unleashes a practical shock wave of Lightning Release chakra from their person, dispersing their chakra throughout their surroundings and leaving residual electricity within the air. While this electricity remains within their surroundings, the user is able to effectively increase the power of their techniques by 1 tier, also carrying the potential to increase the size of them by nearly twice the original. If the technique is already at S Power, this simply does nothing to it. The field of amplification lasts a total of three posts after the initial setup. Additionally, this technique does not enhance enemy Raiton Ninjutsu, since its effect is done off of the basis of the user drawing from their own dispersed chakra as an outside power source. This can be rendered null if said enemy is able to use the user’s chakra against them, though.
    Weaknesses: Does not do damage itself, and does not reduce the chakra required for other techniques that it enhances. Additionally, if a technique is performed outside of the 15 meter range, it does not receive the boost.

Approved

Character File

Post by Sakata Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 am

Name: Thunderbolt (落雷 Narukami)
    Activation Cost: 15
    Upkeep Cost: --
    Range: 0-30m
    Parent Technique: Lightning Shiver
    Hand Seals:: Snake → Rat → Ox → Hare → Horse
    Description: Thunderbolt is developed with the basis of imitating Lightning Shiver, but utilizing much more chakra to make up for the lack of physical contact with the ground. Unlike its parent technique, Thunderbolt starts off with the user leaping up into the air. Once they’ve peaked in their ascension, chakra is amassed from every inch of their body and formed into lightning-natured chakra, sheathing them in a dense layer of sparks. This lightning-natured chakra is then drawn into the user’s palm, compressed tremendously.

From there, the user sweeps their arm forward, and unleashes all of the lightning-natured chakra from their palm. Simulating an actual lightning strike, the lightning chakra is released in the form of a bolt that fires down at tremendous speeds. Upon contact with anything, whether an actual person or the ground, a powerful current of sparks disperses along the ground, severely electrocuting anything in a 30 meter range of where the bolt hit directly.
    Weaknesses: Sacrifices power potential for its capability to spread along the user's surroundings, making it harder to avoid due to the speed, as well.

Name: Thunder Palm (雷掌 Izutsushi)
    Parent Technique: Thunderbolt
    Hand Seals:: Dragon → Hare → Tiger → Dog
    Description: A technique developed based on Thunderbolt’s concentration of lightning to one point, then the amplification of that focus. The user focuses an intense amount of lightning-natured chakra to their palm, coating it. Upon coming in physical contact with their palm and another target, the user then releases this lightning-natured chakra in a sudden burst that sends all of the chakra flowing throughout the target, thus dispersing the current to affect their body as a whole, rather than one point. This results in a tremendous surge capable of rending solid stone from discharge alone. A brief boom resonates at the center of the impact, hinting at just how quickly the chakra transferral occurs.

If the user’s palm does not directly hit their opponent entirely, however, the technique cannot dish out the full impact of the technique. Partial contact reduces the force that an opponent is struck with to B-Rank in Power, whereas a mere graze reduces it to C-Rank in Power.
    Weaknesses: Requires direct contact, and relies on the user’s ability to land a full palm strike on their opponent. Also costs more chakra than the typical technique of its level due to the amount of chakra used to increase its power output.

Name: Interference Fist
    Skill: Taijutsu
    Requirements: C-Rank Coordination
    Parent Technique: Disturbance Taijutsu (Not required to learn)
    Description: Interference Fist is essentially an inferior version of the Disturbance Taijutsu fighting style that Kumogakure possesses. It bases itself primarily off of the same concept, aka. Utilizing unpredictability to throw one’s opponent(s) off guard with a variety of angles. This employs a similar level of actual aim included in the parent technique’s use, but lacks the level of speed that can be dished out. This style, meant to be learned by those that aren’t dedicated to taijutsu, boosts Coordination by one plus and reduces the opponent’s Perception by two minuses.

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

Post by Kim Chang-Min Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Blonde wrote:Name: Thunderbolt (落雷 Narukami)
    Range: 0-30m
    Parent Technique: Lightning Shiver
    Hand Seals:: Snake → Rat → Ox → Hare → Horse
    Description: Thunderbolt is developed with the basis of imitating Lightning Shiver, but utilizing much more chakra to make up for the lack of physical contact with the ground. Unlike its parent technique, Thunderbolt starts off with the user leaping up into the air. Once they’ve peaked in their ascension, chakra is amassed from every inch of their body and formed into lightning-natured chakra, sheathing them in a dense layer of sparks. This lightning-natured chakra is then drawn into the user’s palm, compressed tremendously.

From there, the user sweeps their arm forward, and unleashes all of the lightning-natured chakra from their palm. Simulating an actual lightning strike, the lightning chakra is released in the form of a bolt that fires down at tremendous speeds. Upon contact with anything, whether an actual person or the ground, a powerful current of sparks disperses along the ground, severely electrocuting anything in a 30 meter range of where the bolt hit directly.
    Weaknesses: Sacrifices power potential for its capability to spread along the user's surroundings, making it harder to avoid due to the speed, as well.

Name: Thunder Palm (雷掌 Izutsushi)
    Parent Technique: Thunderbolt
    Hand Seals:: Dragon → Hare → Tiger → Dog
    Description: A technique developed based on Thunderbolt’s concentration of lightning to one point, then the amplification of that focus. The user focuses an intense amount of lightning-natured chakra to their palm, coating it. Upon coming in physical contact with their palm and another target, the user then releases this lightning-natured chakra in a sudden burst that sends all of the chakra flowing throughout the target, thus dispersing the current to affect their body as a whole, rather than one point. This results in a tremendous surge capable of rending solid stone from discharge alone. A brief boom resonates at the center of the impact, hinting at just how quickly the chakra transferral occurs.

If the user’s palm does not directly hit their opponent entirely, however, the technique cannot dish out the full impact of the technique. Partial contact reduces the force that an opponent is struck with to B-Rank in Power, whereas a mere graze reduces it to C-Rank in Power.
    Weaknesses: Requires direct contact, and relies on the user’s ability to land a full palm strike on their opponent. Also costs more chakra than the typical technique of its level due to the amount of chakra used to increase its power output.

Name: Interference Fist
    Skill: Taijutsu
    Requirements: C-Rank Coordination
    Parent Technique: Disturbance Taijutsu (Not required to learn)
    Description: Interference Fist is essentially an inferior version of the Disturbance Taijutsu fighting style that Kumogakure possesses. It bases itself primarily off of the same concept, aka. Utilizing unpredictability to throw one’s opponent(s) off guard with a variety of angles. This employs a similar level of actual aim included in the parent technique’s use, but lacks the level of speed that can be dished out. This style, meant to be learned by those that aren’t dedicated to taijutsu, boosts Coordination by one plus and reduces the opponent’s Perception by two minuses.

Approved
    Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 am

Name: Raiju
    Power: Varies
    Upkeep Cost: Explained below
    Range: 0-150m
    Speed: Varies
    Classification: Hiden
    Requirements: B-Rank Stamina
    Parent Technique: Railgun
    Hand Seals:: Ram → Dragon → Hare → Bird → Snake → Horse → Monkey
    Description: Styled after the God of Lightning in Shintoism, this technique can be considered the long-ranged variation of its counterpart, Raijin. This technique is named after Raijin’s companion, Raiju, while imitating the common depiction of Raijin with regard to the set of nine drums that hover around him. Through using this technique, the user manifests a total of nine drums as intended with the technique’s purpose, each composed of a tremendous amount of highly-concentrated Raiton-natured chakra with traditional tomoe symbols etched into every single one.

This set of nine drums follows the user everywhere they go, and remain for a total of five posts. Each of the drums are named based on a number out of nine, and upon calling that number and extending one’s arm forward, the Raiton-natured chakra maintaining the composition of the drum in question is called forth. It loses shape and instead circles around the user’s arm before being released from their palm in the form of a devastating wave of focused Raiton chakra, taking the user’s own palm as the basis for the circumference of the blast, and amplifying the size.

The Power and Speed of the attack varies based on what drum the user fires. The technique’s base values are B by default, but for every number the user goes up both gain a plus (+), allowing the technique’s Power and Speed to cap out at S++ once the ninth (9th) and final drum is fired. Every time the user fires a single drum, they must pay 10 chakra to do so. This also means the user can fire all nine at once, so long as they have the chakra to do so.

Ichi: B
    Ni: B+
    San: B++
    Go: A
    Yon: A+
    Roku: A++
    Nana: S
    Hachi: S+
    Kyu: S++

Each wave has the capacity to damage what’s around it in a two meter range, leaving a path of destruction in its wake. Upon colliding with anything solid, the wave itself knocks away nearby structures in a five meter range, while dispersing into a violent current of electricity.
    Weaknesses: Usable once per thread.

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Sakata wrote:Name: Raiju
    Power: Varies
    Upkeep Cost: Explained below
    Range: 0-150m
    Speed: Varies
    Parent Technique: Railgun
    Hand Seals:: Ram → Dragon → Hare → Bird → Snake → Horse → Monkey
    Description: Styled after the God of Lightning in Shintoism, this technique can be considered the long-ranged variation of its counterpart, Raijin. This technique is named after Raijin’s companion, Raiju, while imitating the common depiction of Raijin with regard to the set of nine drums that hover around him. Through using this technique, the user manifests a total of nine drums as intended with the technique’s purpose, each composed of a tremendous amount of highly-concentrated Raiton-natured chakra with traditional tomoe symbols etched into every single one.

This set of nine drums follows the user everywhere they go, and remain for a total of five posts. Each of the drums are named based on a number out of nine, and upon calling that number and extending one’s arm forward, the Raiton-natured chakra maintaining the composition of the drum in question is called forth. It loses shape and instead circles around the user’s arm before being released from their palm in the form of a devastating wave of focused Raiton chakra, taking the user’s own palm as the basis for the circumference of the blast, and amplifying the size.

The Power and Speed of the attack varies based on what drum the user fires. The technique’s base values are B by default, but for every number the user goes up both gain a plus (+), allowing the technique’s Power and Speed to cap out at S++ once the ninth (9th) and final drum is fired. Every time the user fires a single drum, they must pay 10 chakra to do so. This also means the user can fire all nine at once, so long as they have the chakra to do so.

Ichi: B
    Ni: B+
    San: B++
    Go: A
    Yon: A+
    Roku: A++
    Nana: S
    Hachi: S+
    Kyu: S++

Each wave has the capacity to damage what’s around it in a two meter range, leaving a path of destruction in its wake. Upon colliding with anything solid, the wave itself knocks away nearby structures in a five meter range, while dispersing into a violent current of electricity.
    Weaknesses: Usable once per thread.

Approved

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A-> A++ (Arch Angel's Tiara)
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: B
    Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:04 am

Name: Blade Extension: Doctor’s Scalpel
    Activation Cost: 10
    Upkeep Cost: 5
    Range: 0-0.5m
    Skill: Ijutsu/Kenjutsu
    Requirements: A-Rank Coordination, Chakra Flow
    Parent Technique: Chakra Scalpel
    Description: Employing the use of the Chakra Scalpel technique, the user infuses a given straight-bladed weapon with chakra that funnels out half a meter away from the tip of the blade and surrounds the weapon in a similar aura. This technique allows the user to essentially channel the Chakra Scalpel technique through an actual object rather than one’s own hands, letting them inflict internal damage and external damage with the same slashes or thrusts. Possesses B Sharpness/cutting power.
    Weaknesses: Cannot lower Strength or Speed of the opponent like its parent technique. Also cannot be used with non straight-bladed weaponry. Requires high amounts of Coordination.

Name: Blade Extension: Surgeon Needle
    Range: 0-5m
    Speed: User’s Coordination -1 tier
    Parent Technique: Doctor’s Scalpel
    Description: This technique involves the user employing high-levels of accuracy in order to extend the chakra engulfing their weapon to the utmost limit. For every tier of Coordination they have, the range of the technique’s chakra extension is increased by a single meter. Like Chakra Scalpel, Surgeon Needle can be used to inflict internal wounds, as well as cut arteries and tendons with deadly precision granted by the focus of chakra around the weapon the technique is used with being thinned out to extend its range. This technique is performed by the user staying still and pinpointing where they intend to hit, before extending the chakra.

The chakra used for this technique possesses A-Rank Sharpness/Cutting Power, making it highly effective against most structures and allowing it to obliterate vital parts of the human body when landing. Upon hitting an opponent dead-on, this technique impairs their ability to move the part of their body that’s been “shot”, lowering their Coordination in that given part by a single minus. This effect can stack up to three times, and lasts a total of five posts.
    Weaknesses: Requires the user to be still. Very high chance of error when aiming.

Name: Blade Extension: Anesthesia
    Hand Seals: Ram → Boar → Snake → Hare → Bird
    Description: A branch technique from the Doctor’s Scalpel that involves infusing it with Raiton-natured chakra. This adds a debilitating effect to all of the slashes and/or stabs that the user lands with the weapon they’ve infused with this technique. Unless the opponent has Constitution equal to or above the Power of the technique, the given body part that’s been wounded is rendered immobile for one post. This is due to muscles involuntarily contracting after having high voltage flowed into them directly.
    Weaknesses: Requires the user to be still. Very high chance of error when aiming.

Name: Gamma Knife
    Activation Cost: 25
    Upkeep Cost: 10
    Parent Technique: Blade Extension: Anesthesia
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Tiger → Dog → Monkey → Ox
    Description: An extremely potent technique in which the user combines shape transformation with the Chakra Scalpel technique’s general focus of inflicting internal damage. Gamma Knife involves the user amassing an intense amount of Raiton-natured chakra and shaping it into a short blade resemblant of a lightning bolt. After forming this blade in their clutches, the user stabs it into their opponent, letting loose a violent surge of Raiton-natured chakra intended to completely obliterate them from the inside out, primarily by frying their organs.

This technique possesses cutting power of S-Rank qualities, and is capable of being used to effectively parry attacks. It can be maintained for a maximum of 3 posts following its manifestation. If used on anyone that does not possess S-Rank Constitution or higher, in the case that they do survive the technique leaves them immobile from bodily muscle contractions for two posts.

Name: Chakra Scalpel: Singular Shot
    Speed: User’s Coordination
    Skill: Iijutsu
    Requirements: A-Rank Coordination
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Boar → Tiger → Snake → Ox → Monkey → Hare → Clap Hands
    Description: While already utilizing the Chakra Scalpel technique, the user redirects the chakra in one of their hands, repositioning it in one singular hand in tandem with the chakra already present. This involves amplifying the flow of chakra, though this technique in specific amplifies the flow of chakra to a singular spot in the user’s body; in this case it’s the user’s dominant hand.

This technique is prompt in its execution, as the flow of chakra automatically causes the chakra to thrust out, unleashing what’s comparable to a lance of chakra released from the user’s hand. Due to the increase in size and range of the technique, incisions or thrusts performed with it are no longer on a small level, trading accuracy for range, but making it an ultimate offensive technique that ultimately leaves a fair-sized hole in an opponent lacking in the defense department, assuming they don’t avoid it.

Upon penetration, the influx of foreign chakra rending the intended target results in their body going into shock, stunning them for one post. This does not work if they are not actually pierced, and if they have Constitution higher than or equal to the technique's Power.

Last edited by Sakata on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total

Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:38 am

Sakata wrote:Name: Inject
    Speed: ---
    Skill: Iijutsu & Chemistry
    Requirements: B-Rank Intelligence
    Hand Seals: Horse → Monkey → Ox → Dragon
    Description: Utilizing their understanding of their own bodily chemistry and their ability to knead chakra, the user kneads their chakra in such a way that it replicates the hormonal effects that pharmaceutical or narcotic drugs may have on one's body. Depending on what's replicated, the effect is different, although quite unlike the drug copied, this technique has a standard lasting period of 3 posts maximum before subsiding, though with proper upkeep it can be maintained accordingly. It can replicate stat boosts of up to two tiers when regarding boosters that a drug grant. This only allocates up to two tiers worth of stats overall (so if a drug increases Strength and Constitution by two tiers, it can only boost them each by one tier, rather than the two.)

Once the preparations have been made, the specially-kneaded chakra is flowed to the user's nails, allowing them to inject the kneaded chakra into their frame or another person's frame by piercing the skin with their nails. The user’s nails extend out to about one inch in length from their actual ones, glowing unlike normal nails to show the technique is in effect. The nails have Sharpness and Durability factors both A in nature. At the cost of chakra, the enhancement can be re-engaged, without the possibility of overdose since it’s a faux-version of the actual drug. This allows the user to avoid post-duration drawbacks by simply removing the kneading of the chakra itself, rather than having to wait for it to flush out as they would a natural drug.
    Weaknesses: Cannot be used with actual drugs. Also cannot replicate the effect of a drug that the user hasn’t created or at least produced ICly yet.

Denied because this cannot be used to bypass post-duration drawbacks. This technique would become preferable to making drugs in every way and would circumvent one of the major weaknesses of the Chemistry system.

Sakata wrote:Name: Blade Extension: Doctor’s Scalpel
    Activation Cost: 10
    Upkeep Cost: 5
    Requirements: A-Rank Coordination, Chakra Flow
    Description: Employing the use of the Chakra Scalpel technique, the user infuses a given straight-bladed weapon with chakra that funnels out half a meter away from the tip of the blade and surrounds the weapon in a similar aura. This technique allows the user to essentially channel the Chakra Scalpel technique through an actual object rather than one’s own hands, letting them inflict internal damage and external damage with the same slashes or thrusts. Possesses B Sharpness/cutting power.
    Weaknesses: Cannot lower Strength or Speed of the opponent like its parent technique. Also cannot be used with non straight-bladed weaponry. Requires high amounts of Coordination.

Approved.

Sakata wrote:Name: Blade Extension: Surgeon Needle
    Speed: User’s Coordination -1 tier
    Description: This technique involves the user employing high-levels of accuracy in order to extend the chakra engulfing their weapon to the utmost limit. For every tier of Coordination they have, the range of the technique’s chakra extension is increased by a single meter. Like Chakra Scalpel, Surgeon Needle can be used to inflict internal wounds, as well as cut arteries and tendons with deadly precision granted by the focus of chakra around the weapon the technique is used with being thinned out to extend its range. This technique is performed by the user staying still and pinpointing where they intend to hit, before extending the chakra.

The chakra used for this technique possesses A-Rank Sharpness/Cutting Power, making it highly effective against most structures and allowing it to obliterate vital parts of the human body when landing. Upon hitting an opponent dead-on, this technique impairs their ability to move the part of their body that’s been “shot”, lowering their Coordination in that given part by a single minus. This effect can stack up to three times, and lasts a total of five posts.

Approved

Sakata wrote:Name: Blade Extension: Anesthesia
    Description: A branch technique from the Doctor’s Scalpel that involves infusing it with Raiton-natured chakra. This adds a debilitating effect to all of the slashes and/or stabs that the user lands with the weapon they’ve infused with this technique. Unless the opponent has Constitution equal to or above the Power of the technique, the given body part that’s been wounded is rendered immobile for one post. This is due to muscles involuntarily contracting after having high voltage flowed into them directly.

Needs handsigns

Sakata wrote:Name: Gamma Knife
    Parent Technique: Blade Extension: Anesthesia
    Description: An extremely potent technique in which the user combines shape transformation with the Chakra Scalpel technique’s general focus of inflicting internal damage. Gamma Knife involves the user amassing an intense amount of Raiton-natured chakra and shaping it into a short blade resemblant of a lightning bolt. After forming this blade in their clutches, the user stabs it into their opponent, letting loose a violent surge of Raiton-natured chakra intended to completely obliterate them from the inside out, primarily by frying their organs.

This technique possesses cutting power of S-Rank qualities, and is capable of being used to effectively parry attacks. It can be maintained for a maximum of 3 posts following its manifestation. If used on anyone that does not possess S-Rank Constitution or higher, in the case that they do survive the technique leaves them immobile from bodily muscle contractions for two posts.

Needs handsigns

Sakata wrote:Name: Chakra Scalpel: Singular Shot
    Speed: User’s Coordination
    Skill: Iijutsu
    Description: While already utilizing the Chakra Scalpel technique, the user redirects the chakra in one of their hands, repositioning it in one singular hand in tandem with the chakra already present. This involves amplifying the flow of chakra, though this technique in specific amplifies the flow of chakra to a singular spot in the user’s body; in this case it’s the user’s dominant hand.

This technique is prompt in its execution, as the flow of chakra automatically causes the chakra to thrust out, unleashing what’s comparable to a lance of chakra released from the user’s hand. Due to the increase in size and range of the technique, incisions or thrusts performed with it are no longer on a small level, trading accuracy for range, but making it an ultimate offensive technique that ultimately leaves a fair-sized hole in an opponent lacking in the defense department, assuming they don’t avoid it.

Upon penetration, the influx of foreign chakra rending the intended target results in their body going into shock. This shaves off 20 CP, but only through direct and confirmed contact. This can be nullified entirely if the technique outright doesn’t pierce the intended target.

This technique has incredible offensive power for its rank and should probably have a drawback or a greater limitation of some kind. Also needs handseals.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:36 am

Made the changes, also changed the effect Singular Shot has, as well as the requirement and activation cost.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am