Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Star Talent

Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

Star Talent Empty Star Talent

Post by Kara Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Making her way towards Penumbra Central Station, Kara walked with purpose straight to the HR Department. She had left various employees in charge of different aspects of the city’s construction and she was eager to know who among them she would be plucking from obscurity and thrusting into the world of business. She had not yet had someone she thought was skilled enough to take under her wing, but a person who could assist in the creation of an entire Metropolis, that was someone who was worthy in Kara’s eyes.

There was, of course, a large and elaborately styled office waiting for her. Expensive furniture and pieces of art decorated the otherwise austere and modern looking space. Along one wall was an adequately stocked liquor cabinet, which Kara went for immediately, taking a few moments to enjoy a glass of scotch before pressing a button and speaking through an intercom system to the secretary that was waiting in the front lobby. “Send in the person responsible for overseeing the Darhkvale project.”

In a matter of minutes a young woman entered the room. She appeared to be in her mid twenties, with a perfectly tailored charcoal business suit with a dangerously plunging neckline. Her features were classically pretty, with long pink hair pulled elegantly back into a braid. Looking down she was pleased to see black leather stilettos gracing the woman’s feet. “Welcome to Darhkvale Ms. Darhk. Mai Wen, at your service.” The woman’s voice was smooth as silk, and her manner indicated that she was not only sincere, but well practiced in speaking with people.

Kara nodded in greeting and gestured to the papers that Mai was holding, taking them from her and looking over the designs and legal documents they contained. “Pleasure to meet you Ms. Wen. I assume I have you to thank for the successful creation of this city. I always reward accomplishments, and today is no exception. Your work for me has been truly impressive and I believe you can hold more responsibility easily. I would like to hire you as my personal assistant, and offer you the position of acting leader of Darhkvale in my absence. You will be responsible for overseeing the day to day business in the city as well as making decisions for me should I be unavailable.” Kara didn’t bother to specifically ask whether Mai wanted the job or not. Because of course she did, anyone would be a fool to turn down such an important job offer.

The look on Mai’s face said it all; the widening of her gold coloured eyes, the subtle lifting of the corner of her lips as she tried to contain a smile. “I would be honoured Ms. Darhk. I won’t let you down, I’ll make sure that everyone knows the Darhk name and the prestige it holds.”

“Kara.”

“What?”

“Call me Kara. You can save the formalities for formal situations, but here, in my. . . our office, you may call me Kara.”

Mai smiled and nodded, obviously still uncomfortable with such a personal request, but not willing to disagree with her boss. Kara held out her metal arm with a now empty glass in it, indicating that Mai should take it. “Refill this please, and get one for yourself. We have a promotion and the official opening of Darhkvale to celebrate.” She would pause and speak through the intercom once more as Mai retrieved drinks for both of them. “Bring in the papers please.”

Kara had already had Mai vetted by her security team, and had drawn up the appropriate paperwork to ensure a smooth promotion. Legal documents declaring Mai as a ‘second-in-command’ as it were, to Kara. She’d known Mai wouldn’t turn it down, and so while the prewritten paperwork might have seemed ambitious and hopeful to some, to her it was merely proving how effective her security team was.  

After a few minutes another assistant would enter with a folder of paperwork for them both to sign, which the assistant waited until both women had signed everything before exiting and filing away the documents. Once alone again, Kara would raise her glass to the pink haired woman a delighted smile on her face. “To new business partners, and to Darhkvale.”

“May both be ever profitable.”

[Exit]

Mistress Kara:

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 am