Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Arrival of a prince

Okane
    Okane

Arrival of a prince Empty Arrival of a prince

Post by Okane Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Okanes carriage would pull to a stop at the gates as the only people there outside of the guards. There were no civilians peddling to those coming in or other travelers which rose an eyebrow. He was certain that Ei would receive word of his arrival shortly but the atmosphere was a great deal different than he remembered. When he left it had been highly active and budding as a city in the making. Now it was more humble and quiet and the guards seemed on edge. War had a tendency to make people harder. Colder towards outsiders and less trusting. Of course the prince was no stranger to this country. He had been born to the south by the ocean but he made his name here. Even from where he was he could see the corporate building glistening in the light with his symbol on it. There were others of course but his was the only one he cared for. A smile placed on his features as his jade eyes would glow even in this light. Ahh how wonderful it was to get out of the cold and back into the sun. It was so odd to him how just a couple of days travel changed the weather that much.

However this was more vacation than business for him. He intended to find a nice place for his things and then do something interesting. Go have champagne somewhere perhaps at a water front. The scent of water on the air told him his two rivers through the village were still running fresh. Idly he would wait until his carriage door was opened before stepping out and planting polished dress boots out onto the sand. He was wearing high topped dress boots over white slacks with a white suit to match but with a royal purple tie on with the stag symbol stitched in gold onto the tie. A black fur coat adorned his shoulders down to his knee's but instead of overheating Okane wasn't sweating at all. Jewels were braided into his hair and when he moved gold flower petals fell off of him and faded before they hit the ground. He was even more graceful than when he left it seemed. Still with a glass of champagne in hand his papers were handed over. Quickly upon realizing who it was a messenger was dispatched with utmost haste to report his arrival to the administration building.

While he was told he needed to wait there was a small café by the gate. He would wave the guard off before moving over to take a seat at their outdoor seating and set his champagne down. Crossing his right knee over his left he would quietly open a menu and begin to browse. Settling on a velvet sponge cake stuffed with cream and a nice jasmine tea with it. He would be asked to pay up front before he smiled and did so. A good business motto for something so close to the gates he supposed. Still it would be a few minutes while he waited under an umbrella covered table. Basking in the warmth but not dripping a single drop of sweat. Idly wondering if someone would meet him personally or if he would simply be granted passage.

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Arrival of a prince Empty Re: Arrival of a prince

Post by Nozomi Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:10 pm

Nozomi, using the Perfect Copy technique to maintain the image of Ei, heard a knock on her door. One of the administrative attendants, according to her sensory abilities, as she'd maintained the sensory technique as well, allowing nobody the ability to sneak up on her. Calling out in a perfect approximation of Ei's voice, she bid the assistant enter.

"Please, come in."

The door opened, and a meek looking man with a pencil thin mustache entered, bowing to the Kazekage.

"Apologies for the interruption, Lady Kanagawa. Lord Okane has returned to the village."

NozomEi, who had been in the middle of robing up for a trip, putting on an immaculate Kimono, one adorned with the symbol of the Stag Emporium itself, made by Okane, looked to the man and an odd smile crossed her face. A dangerous look behind the "Kage's" eyes, although not one of malice. In fact, it seemed more playful, but something had changed in Ei recently. Luckily, nobody knew the painter well enough to really notice the changes, but she definitely didn't appear one that most would want to challenge or question anyhow.

"Excellent."

Throwing on the Kage robe and hat, NozomEi exited the office via the window. Given her general speed, it didn't take her too long to find Okane himself, and once she did, she approached him with a deep bow.

"Welcome back to the village Okane. What brings you around?" she asked, opening the robes slightly for Okane to see the barest glimpse of the expertly crafted battle Kimono. She figured that clueing him in on who he was speaking to would be the easiest, although she wouldn't have to drop her guise in order to do so.

----
    -1 Perfect Copy
    -0.5 Sensing Technique

Post by Okane Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 pm

Okane would sit properly while his treats were brought out to him as well as the local paper. He would take a single bite of his food and a sip of his drink before he sat back and folded his right leg over his left knee. His jasmine tea in his left hand as he held it with his pinky out and the paper in his right hand. Of course nothing truly good was to be said about anything he read. The village didn't seem to be majorly improving for the lives of its poverty level. Water shortages were heavily influencing just about everything and the residents of the streets with rivers were attempting to lay claim to it as their property. He would frown as he had intended for it to be a fresh water source for everyone. Still he could solve it easily enough. The jasmine tea was actually rather soothing in such a dry heat though he would have preferred something indoors. Perhaps with air conditioning. Not that it could be helped. Not yet anyway. He would need to take action in order for it to see actual change. Doing so though would need a notification at the very least sent out to someone in charge.

With that said his glowing green eyes would look over the paper as Ei would approach. However his smile was one more of mischief with a glint of interest in his eyes. Her words were practiced but there was a purposeful shift to show him something to make his mind work. Not to mention her scent was different. Something familiar though all the same. That kimono though. He knew its make like he knew his own flesh and blood. Only one of its kind had ever been made and his chakra resided within it. He had made the legendary armor for Nozomi at great cost to her. There was a very low percentage of chance that she would simply give it to Ei. Not to mention Ei seemed more afraid of Nozomi in their last meeting than not. No...a much simpler answer was at work here. A transformation technique was much more common. Still he would smile all the same. If he was in danger he didn't show any concern over it.

"Ahh my dear Kazekage truly it has been too long. As for my business here this nation is my birthplace after all. I have donated a great deal of time and resources to Tetsumaru and I felt I should pay some attention back home as well. Please sit with me. If you like I'll even make the conversation more....private. With your permission of course. The tea here is spot on."

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:01 am

"Of course, privacy is always welcome." Nozomi would wait to speak freely enough until Okane did whatever it was that he was planning on doing to ensure their privacy. However, something he'd mentioned caught her attention. Okane had been in Tetsumaru, something she had known, having given him the money that she'd promised to Kensei to develop the nation more. It was good that the Society's investments seemed to be paying off well enough, and gave her something to think about.

Perhaps she'd take a trip to Iron at some point in the near future to see how that had turned out. With the Society in charge of Grass and the Blood Prison from the shadows, as well as Sunagakure and Rivers, although the latter had been promised in exchange for help conquering 3 other nations. Nozomi normally wouldn't have bothered accepting, but as Ei, she wanted to keep up appearances that Konoha and Suna were in good standings, and anyhow, that would make Suna a 4 nation country, and she could expand Grass as she saw fit as well. With the 5 nations she'd control, plus Tetsumaru as an ally, her influence was also on scale politically to upend the entire Shinobi world order.

The resources at her control were vast, rivaling any nation, and her individual power was equally as vast, rivaling nations as a whole. And though she was a partner to Okane with a business relationship, Okane seemed to be someone she wouldn't mind bringing into the fold of the Society as a whole. He'd proven trustworthy enough, and with his skills, talents, connections, and resources, they could benefit each other even more by combining efforts.

"Sunagakure is a desert village, and as such doesn't have some of the benefits and luxuries of other nations. I'm sure its a stark difference from Tetsumaru's much colder climate, but your additions to this village have already been of major help to us all. Feel free to make any improvements you see fit."

-1 Perfect Copy
    -0.5 Sensory

Post by Okane Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Okane would smile and settle the paper down on the table. His fingers resting on it a moment longer as she joined him. Chakra ink seeping out of his fingertips as they formed a seal on the paper. Once she was seated he would form the dragon sign and activate it. To her sensory it was as if an orb had surrounded them. Sound waves being unable to escape from its control. Her sensory seeing it clearly stemmed out and powered by the seal. Okane's eyes would glow green as he empowered it and with it activated he would smile and return to taking another bite of his velvet sponge cake. Letting the soft cake and warm cream within settle on his tongue as he hummed in delight as she spoke. Truly sweets were a wonder upon the world. Still she gave her permission to do as he pleased as far as improvements went. His jade eyes shifted to her before he raised a napkin to pad at his mouth a little before setting it down. Picking up his tea and sipping from it as well. Whatever he did he did so with his right hand while his left remained rested on his knee.

"Very well I think I will. Already the equipment market for Suna is part of my deal with...well anyway. I intend to build dozens of green houses and fresh water rivers in place of the streets. It will be a major undertaking but when I am finished this desert village will be a paradise. Food and water for everyone a plenty."

He would glance to the guards watching them a moment before setting his tea down. Mostly empty anyway. Picking up his napkin and dabbing at his mouth again. He was watching them a moment before his eyes would shift back to Nozomi. A hint of mischief in them. Oh how he liked this game they were playing. Like playing house when he was little. But that was all this was. A little play she was putting on that he had walked into. Kara had not found this place suiting her well...it had cost her an arm but he was more confident in his own safety. Nozomi profited from him being alive. The village improved from him being alive. If she was going so far as pretending to be Ei she must have her reasons.

"Let us be open though lady Nozomi. This seal makes it so no one can hear us unless they step within ten meters. I do enjoy my privacy as well. If you will indulge me however I would like to know what happened to the Kazekage and why? I have not known the society to do things without reason. Oh yes I have been keeping tabs on certain groups after the Mockingbird incident in kumo. Something as influential as your group would be difficult to overlook."

Stats:

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:23 am

Once Nozomi sensed the fuuinjutsu take hold, she simply waited for Okane to speak plainly, as she wasn't certain his casting was complete until he spoke up himself. However, he confirmed that he knew she was Nozomi, which was good. As fun as playing Ei could be, Nozomi did enjoy being herself quite a bit more, and not having to put on an air was good. The whole subterfuge and stealthy stuff wasn't the girl's forte, she preferred to be out in the open, and demonstrate superiority through feats. She wouldn't be doing this sort of thing if not for a reason.

Nozomi responded to Okane's questions, her Ei voice and tone changing back to Nozomi's proper voice, although her appearance remained the same.

"Very well. The Kazekage Ei Kanagawa is dead. She was an agent of the Society, but she was too obsessed with killing everyone that had anything to do with the former leadership of Sunagakure. Too impulsive. Our first meeting she attacked a woman named Kara who was nothing more than an administrative assistant, and then deigned fit to attack me as well, although she quickly lost her nerve. I figured I could use her so I invited her to the Society, which she accepted, but there was no follow up on her end and Suna only fell further into disarray. I already didn't like her, so I took over. The position of Kazekage was a boon I had granted her but Sunagakure has been run by myself or another Society associate in the shadows for quite some time now, so when the people we put in charge don't amount to anything, we replace them. This time I took the reins."

Crossing her legs, NozomEi folded her hands and placed them on the table, leaning forward.

"But I didn't come here to talk about Ei. I came here to talk about you. Unlike Ei, you've been nothing but an asset to me as a business partner, so I'd like to extend an invitation to you to the Society. In short, we collect power, artifacts, exclusive techniques, and special talents," she gestured to herself and then to Okane, whose intellect and engineering genius was  as impressive a showing as Nozomi's skills as a shinobi "because the villages have more or less failed. We exist to keep them in check and hopefully, one day, bring an end to war and unite the nations in a manner not seen since the days of the Sage."

-1 Perfect Copy
    -0.5 Sensing Technique

Post by Okane Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Okane would listen quietly as a smile played on his face. Appearances were important after all. If nothing else the woman in front of him was capable of taking down a Kage he himself had armed. Of course he had armed Nozomi too so he wouldn't take that as a black mark on his work. Still the mention of Kara made him wonder if she was unaware of the deal he made with Ei to remove Kara from the wanted list. He had found Ei to be interested in improving the lives around her in Suna but in the end....well he supposed she had taken bribes from him and asked for nothing more than military might for her nation. However the mention of removing those who didn't prove useful made him hesitant to associate with such a group. If they deemed him more trouble than use perhaps he would be the one buried in an unmarked grave somewhere in the desert. Denying them however was also not beneficial to him. After all he was already supplying Nozomi with finances and armor....what would more direct involvement really mean for him? It wasn't like anyone controlling the nations paid a closer attention to his work as was.

Okane would lean back and his green eyes would study her. He wasn't eager to jump on her band wagon nor was he quick to dismiss it. Just looking into his eyes could see the wheels turning. His intellect was matched or surpassed by few and his deeds proved it. She was recruiting him to what seemed like a noble cause. Yet those who took power never were outside of it's influence. Even he had allowed himself to be changed by it but for Okane....well it seemed he was no longer the weak and begging man from the office meeting. Seeking to start a company with promises. Instead he had made good on his promises and more. His right hand would reach up to play with his earing as he thought quietly for about a minute before responding.

"Artifacts and exclusive techniques...I must admit if I had access to those my technology may be capable of jumping ahead even further. That said there are other individuals seeking to end the war as well. I would see it done with less blood than otherwise. I already oversaw the treaty between Konoha and Iwa. The issue is whenever new leadership takes over they consider contracts voided. With no one to enforce them they may as well be. Allow me to study any exclusives and artifacts the society requires and I will join you...on my conditions. The world burns easily so my focus is building up the masses despite failing governments. I will make Suna the paradise its citizens deserve. Fresh water and food for all. I will also not seek in any way to reveal their government as a false puppet. With that said there is another individual I believe you know that may be helpful in ending these wars. Tetsumaru is already on the verge of readying a summit. Convince Kensai that this must be done and someone who cares about his nation will force the other leaders to sit down and end old grudges. He is a good man Nozomi. Those are far and few in between these days."

Stats:

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:40 am

"No."

The response came out quickly. The exclusives and artifacts of the world weren't something she wanted to give complete access to to anyone. She stared at the man in front of her, unable to ascertain his thoughts as she wasn't much of a thinker herself. Reading people was difficult other than intent to attack. In non combat scenarios, she was hard pressed to understand the inner thoughts of people she wasn't intimately familiar with, such as Honiko.

"Don't get me wrong, most of your request is fine. I just don't make a habit of showing every single exclusive to everyone. I'll write out a summary of the exclusives so that you can have some idea of their intended purposes, and I'll allow you to examine the artifacts, but there's already too much spread of powerful jutsu, and the more common knowledge they are, the less they mean to the Society. As a gesture of favor, I may even offer you access to either a choice out of them, or access to some other knowledge that we've gathered if none suit your fancy."

"As for Kensei, he and I have a working understanding as allies. I'm sure I could very easily confirm the need for a summit. It'd give me some time to examine the leadership of the other nations anyhow."

Nozomi's gaze went off to the direction of Tetsumaru, as her thoughts moved to her allies there. She knew that Kensei wasn't much of a fan of Shinobi, and wanted to tear down the Ninja establishment. They aligned on many different views, so she wondered how he'd feel that she'd taken over one of the Major Nations. 1/5 of the way to destroying the Shinobi establishment without the need of Hizashi's end goal.

Nozomi derived a sense of pride in her work so far while Honiko had been gone. She couldn't wait to show up Hizashi either. He had bided his time over the centuries, working and accomplishing little to achieve his goals, and Nozomi in a few short years had already made strides of her own. The man was too caught up in planning, assured that his own life span was long enough that he could just wait. Nozomi was only human, patience only lasted so long before she wanted to make her moves.

---
    -1 Perfect Copy
    -0.5 Sensing Technique

Post by Okane Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Okane would not be able to stop his brow from raising at the quick and assertive no from his conversational and business partner. The suddenness of it throwing him off for just a moment. A quick clench of the hand for less than a second. Someone had told him no. When was the last time he had even heard the word? For it to suddenly be brazenly tossed in his face was shocking for him. Still he gained control of his reactions immediately. He found losing ones cool never did anyone any favors. Patience and observation were the real keys to negotiations. No hint of anger from her or scorn for him. There was more to be said.

His patience was quickly rewarded as she clarified what she meant to the word. Information and examination. In truth it was all he wanted out of it all. The research data could further his understanding of the world and in time replicate it scientifically. For now though he put on a disappointed smile and nodded solemnly. He need not show her he was getting virtually exactly what he wanted from this. Instead it would be left as the idea that he was barely willing to join her.

"One can not look a gift horse in the mouth and not get bitten. I accept your offer of course. When this failed world falls, I need to be in a position to help rebuild it. A new world closer to perfection for all. Yes i know nothing in this world is truly perfect but when you look into the eyes of someone you saved. See it in their eyes that the darkness has passed for them. Truly in that moment their eyes see perfection. Speaking of perfection. I am holding a birthday festival at the heavenly emporium soon. I expect everyone to be there. Including you my dear."

With that Okane would wink as he took another bite of the velvet sponge cake. Only his hands had never moved near it. If she looked closer a single puppet string had snuck along his leg and collected a bite for him before bringing it back to his hand. The chakra signature of it had been so minute it may have passed possibly unnoticed. He hmmed at the taste of it before swallowing and dabbing his lips with a napkin once more before speaking.

"This cake truly is marvelous. Would you like a bite?"

Stats:

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:51 pm

Okane was ready to accept her terms, which was good for sure. He understood that the world's upheaval was only a matter of time, and was willing to join the winning side if only to help rebuild. It was likely to be necessary. However, the topic shifted from there to matters of a party, something that Nozomi was never particularly comfortable with. Still, she wasn't about to decline when she'd just recruited him.

"If I can, I'll go, but I can't promise anything."

Not only did she not really like social gatherings, finding them uncomfortable in general, she often found them to be a waste of time. There was always something more important to do, and Nozomi was a weapon. She liked to do things she was good at, attacking what needed attacked, and being hands on. Taking herself out of the field for a party just seemed unnecessary, as there was always important work to be done, especially now in times of world war. Still, Okane had requested, so she'd attempt to find time if possible.

He offered her a bite of his cake, not knowing Nozomi's one weakness perhaps when it came to foods was sweets. She enjoyed the taste quite a bit, but it was a slippery slope. Self control was difficult in the face of sweets when they tasted so good, but slip ups could result in a massive amount of sugar intake, which meant more training to work off the sweets, which meant less time to do other things. However, he had only offered a single bite, so she was hesitant to decline. Nozomi was internally torn on whether or not to accept the offer, but in the end she settled for another one worded reply.

"No."

Perhaps short and rude, her decline came deadpan and with little personality through it. Not the best at interpersonal relationships and thinking out responses, she rarely wasted too much time these days with pleasantries and niceties unless part of a performance as Ei. However, she didn't need to do that in their silence zone, so she just stayed her usual curt self. While she enjoyed sweets, she wasn't the biggest fan of chocolate, so the cake, while likely tasty given its scent, would have always been a disappointment.

"I'll let the administrative assistants know that you may be planning some additions to Sunagakure, so speak with them to coordinate. I may be taking my leave from the village for a bit soon, acquiring more resources and allies, as well as heading to Tetsumaru following that to discuss with Kensei about that summit idea, but in the meantime, you've got free reign on whatever projects you wanted to complete. And I'll have those exclusive summaries and artifacts drawn up as well."

--
    -1 Perfect Copy
    -0.5 Sensing

Post by Okane Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:37 pm

She would claim to put forth the effort to come but no promises would be made. He felt that was the most he could expect from her. After all any social gatherings she joined would put her in more danger than necessary. She was one of the most famous wanted women in the world after all. However many labeled her as a terrorist and he supposed they were right. She had disposed of a Kage and pretended to be them. Just to list her most recent crimes. That and the curt turn down of his tasty treat left him with a slight frown. She was by all rights a simple beacon of power. She had no interest in negotiations if he had to guess. For her everything could be solved with sheer power and money. There was no need for small talk or self indulging. A mark opposite of his own life. He enjoyed the vanity of the world and the luxuries. Still he would play her game and keep it clever. She was of great use to him as she was to him. Of course the society was merely a means to an end for him. Terrorists or no it was valuable information they held.

She would continue on to explain she would be away for some time dealing with her work and a little too preoccupied to delve into his experiments. In more or less words anyway. He would smile and nod to her as he assumed their meeting was drawing to a close. Her words certainly indicated as much. His driver was also finally finishing up the last of their paperwork which would allow them access beyond the gates. He had been forced to wait here but this information....well it benefited him greatly. Still despite getting all he wanted out of it for the most part there was something else. He would take a sip from his drink quietly a moment. The write ups of the restricted techniques and artifacts were....promising. However before they parted ways there was one more thing he was after. He hadn't dived on it too quickly upon realizing Ei was either dead or imprisoned somewhere. But it did matter enough to him not to allow the meeting simply to draw to a conclusion. There were other matters but since he had free reign he wouldn't bother her with them. Instead he would speak in return as he set his cup down.

"Well may your travels bare fruit. With that said there is one other matter. There are two imperial launchers within Ei's effects and their ammunition. If you do not intend to utilize them I would be happy to purchase them off of you. Without you here I will need something to protect myself and those launchers are highly capable of doing some damage. If you have a use for them though I understand and shall simply strive to avoid conflict for the time being. Perhaps there won't be any trouble while you're gone."

Stats:

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Nozomi stood up, their meeting more or less finished at this point. With a successful negotiation and officially bringing him into the fold of the Society, Nozomi was fairly pleased with how it had all gone. Okane had another request of her and she thought about it briefly before shrugging. She'd taken Ei's items, although she didn't really spend a lot of time figuring out what to do with them, primarily storing everything as she'd had the artifacts and exclusives all in scrolls on her person.

"If I don't have a use for them, I'll have them brought to the administration building along with the rest of your requests. I'm not much of a weapons user myself, but one of my associates may be. I'll see what he thinks, and you can pay whatever you think fair if they are returned to you."

Staring out to the direction of the administration building, Nozomi paused for another moment before shifting her gaze back to Okane, a small smile etched into her face as a default. Her voice shifted back to the tone that she used as Ei, signifying she was about to take her leave.

"It was certainly a pleasure doing business with you Lord Okane. Welcome back to the village, and welcome to the fold."

With that, she gave a half bow before heading out. Once she reached the administration office, she made sure to have the summaries of the exclusives written down, although not the specifics of how to use them or anything like that, just what they did. Additionally she had the artifacts she had gathered in Sunagakure at the moment as well as the Imperial Launchers and their ammo brought to the office, which she left in the capable hands of Isobu Himitsu, and her other two personal guards.

-----

[exit]

Post by Okane Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:52 pm

Okane would smile at the prospect of getting his prized ranged weapons back. He had made a particular deal to get Kara out of harms way and made a penny in the process. Still they were highly effective tools which even he could use. Still she would excuse herself and welcome him back to the village and into the fold. He would smile and bow his head in respects to a Kage before lowering the seal as she left. As soon as he did however a notification would come across his phone. He would pull it out and smile in surprise. His business partner apparently had a falling out with an investor. She now had sixty thousand stocks available. Well he couldn't be too greedy but he would send out a memo to the company to invest five million ryo into her stocks. Purchasing fifty thousand stocks out of sixty thousand. Now holding a total of eighty thousand of her stocks. With that done and the meeting done he would smile and put his phone away. Going back to enjoying his treat.

exit thread
    7 posts = 70 exp
    Invested 5 million into Karas company for 50,000 stocks.

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm