Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Sunagakure's Exclusive Techniques

Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Sunagakure's Exclusive Techniques Empty Sunagakure's Exclusive Techniques

Post by Ei Kanagawa Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:59 pm

Name: Human Puppetry
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 30
    Upkeep Cost: N/A
    Range: Self or Corpse
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Kugutsu
    Classification: Restricted Technique
    Requirements: A-Rank Intelligence
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: A human puppet is a type of puppet created from human corpses. By removing the internal organs of a foe and preserving the body to prevent decomposition, as well as adding weapons and defenses, the user can make incredibly powerful and unique puppets. Corpses transformed into human puppets will retain their ability to use chakra, keeping the Stamina stat of the individual and are able to use that chakra in order to perform any jutsu that the corpse knew in life, including any techniques or abilities related to kekkei genkai.

This same technique can also allow the user to modify their own body into a living puppet. While nearly the entire body can be turned into a puppet, the user must always keep a core of still living material, usually composed of compressed tenketsu. This core becomes the user’s only weakness, and thus a massive weak point. The user becomes able to fight for extended periods of time without hindrances that would normally affect a human body, such as fatigue, muscle failure, loss of blood, wounds, or pain. This conversion additionally allows the user to forgo the need for food, water, and air. This core can be transferred to other puppets at S-Rank speeds as well, allowing the user to abandon bodies that are damaged beyond repair or incapacitated. This core retains the user’s Strength and Constitution stats, while the puppet they inhabit uses its own base Strength and Constitution stats, although one of these stats will take a -1 tier debuff selected when the puppet is created. Boosters and debuffs that affect the user will always affect both the core and the puppet when the core and puppet are together. Otherwise the user’s base stats are used for their puppet body. For the purpose of enchantments, the core and human puppet count as different objects despite being created together.

Human puppets must always be S-Rank puppets, and the same costs exist for creating them. Turning the body into a human puppet allows for the user to perform the Red Secret Technique: Performance of a Hundred Puppets should they know it.

Weaknesses: Human puppets can be destroyed and rendered inoperable thereby nullifying their various techniques and abilities. A body transformed into a human puppet has its potential for growth completely capped. The human puppet's base stats will be permanently stuck at whatever tier they were at the point of transformation. These stats may be boosted via techniques and abilities but they cannot be trained for a permanent increase. This drawback applies if more than a fourth of the body is turned into a human puppet.

Last edited by Ei Kanagawa on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:24 am; edited 3 times in total

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Sunagakure's Exclusive Techniques Empty Re: Sunagakure's Exclusive Techniques

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:26 am

"When smashed apart, they can simply draw the pieces back together."

*^ That's a bit too strong

"This core can be transferred to other puppets in a split second as well, allowing the user to abandon bodies that are damaged beyond repair or incapacitated."

*^ Needs to move at a specific speed I suggest S-Rank.

"Trning the body into a human puppet allows for the user to perform the Red Secret Technique: Performance of a Hundred Puppets should they know it."

*^ I don't think Performance of 100 Puppets should be locked to Human Puppetry.

Post by Ei Kanagawa Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:"When smashed apart, they can simply draw the pieces back together."

*^ That's a bit too strong

"This core can be transferred to other puppets in a split second as well, allowing the user to abandon bodies that are damaged beyond repair or incapacitated."

*^ Needs to move at a specific speed I suggest S-Rank.
    Fixed these two.

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:
    "Turning the body into a human puppet allows for the user to perform the Red Secret Technique: Performance of a Hundred Puppets should they know it."

*^ I don't think Performance of 100 Puppets should be locked to Human Puppetry.

This is written into the Performance of 100 Puppets, which afaik was always like that from site creation. Since in canon that technique involved Sasori opening up a plate on his chest to reveal a chakra spool, I think it makes sense. You have to physically alter your body to be able to produce that many chakra strings, since the normal amount is 10.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:39 pm

"while the puppet they inhabit uses its own base Strength and Constitution stats"

*^ It can be one but not both and another stat should suffer a tier penalty.

Post by Ei Kanagawa Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:59 am

Shimiko Chinoike wrote:"while the puppet they inhabit uses its own base Strength and Constitution stats"

I don't see any reason for this, especially since there's a 1,000,000 ryo entry fee for achieving the human puppet body. It should be as it was in canon, where Sasori was clearly incredibly durable and strong, and as far as I see there aren't any logical reasons that one stat would be debuffed while doing this.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am

Ei Kanagawa wrote:
    Shimiko Chinoike wrote:"while the puppet they inhabit uses its own base Strength and Constitution stats"

I don't see any reason for this, especially since there's a 1,000,000 ryo entry fee for achieving the human puppet body. It should be as it was in canon, where Sasori was clearly incredibly durable and strong, and as far as I see there aren't any logical reasons that one stat  would be debuffed while doing this.

Human Puppetry is already regged on Gladius and the version you wrote is even stronger than what currently exists. Suna already has a lot of meaty artifacts and exclusives so regging this to be buffed is already a courtesy to the village.

Kugutsu abilities were nerfed for a reason and even with the change I requested this is still far stronger than what an ordinary S Rank puppet would allow.

Post by Ei Kanagawa Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:40 am

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:
    Ei Kanagawa wrote:

I don't see any reason for this, especially since there's a 1,000,000 ryo entry fee for achieving the human puppet body. It should be as it was in canon, where Sasori was clearly incredibly durable and strong, and as far as I see there aren't any logical reasons that one stat  would be debuffed while doing this.

Human Puppetry is already regged on Gladius and the version you wrote is even stronger than what currently exists. Suna already has a lot of meaty artifacts and exclusives so regging this to be buffed is already a courtesy to the village.

Kugutsu abilities were nerfed for a reason and even with the change I requested this is still far stronger than what an ordinary S Rank puppet would allow.

Human Puppetry is already regged on Gladius, but it's roughly the same as what I wrote here, just with a few unwritten things explained. Between the app and the example/precedent of the Shin Kazehana puppet, this is just collecting everything established and explicitly saying it. If there are strength concerns I wouldn't be adverse to upgrading Human Puppetry to a restricted tech though, to allow it to properly accomplish what it's shown to do in canon.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Ei Kanagawa wrote:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:
    Ei Kanagawa wrote:

Human Puppetry is already regged on Gladius, but it's roughly the same as what I wrote here, just with a few unwritten things explained. Between the app and the example/precedent of the Shin Kazehana puppet, this is just collecting everything established and explicitly saying it. If there are strength concerns I wouldn't be adverse to upgrading Human Puppetry to a restricted tech though, to allow it to properly accomplish what it's shown to do in canon.

All of those clarifications are extremely beneficial to the user so yes I would consider it a major buff especially when as the author of the technique, I never intended it to be that strong as an Exclusive. Making it a Res Tech is absolutely on the table in which case this is close to acceptable albeit I still wouldn't let you set BOTH str and con at A. You'd have to pick one but I think without the penalty that'd be fair.

Post by Ei Kanagawa Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:25 am

Description: A human puppet is a type of puppet created from human corpses. By removing the internal organs of a foe and preserving the body to prevent decomposition, as well as adding weapons and defenses, the user can make incredibly powerful and unique puppets. Corpses transformed into human puppets will retain their ability to use chakra, keeping the Stamina stat of the individual and are able to use that chakra in order to perform any jutsu that the corpse knew in life, including any techniques or abilities related to kekkei genkai.

This same technique can also allow the user to modify their own body into a living puppet. While nearly the entire body can be turned into a puppet, the user must always keep a core of still living material, usually composed of compressed tenketsu. This core becomes the user’s only weakness, and thus a massive weak point. The user becomes able to fight for extended periods of time without hindrances that would normally affect a human body, such as fatigue, muscle failure, loss of blood, wounds, or pain. This conversion additionally allows the user to forgo the need for food, water, and air. This core can be transferred to other puppets at S-Rank speeds as well, allowing the user to abandon bodies that are damaged beyond repair or incapacitated. This core retains the user’s Strength and Constitution stats, while the puppet they inhabit uses its own base Strength and Constitution stats, although one of these stats will take a -1 tier debuff selected when the puppet is created. Boosters and debuffs that affect the user will always affect both the core and the puppet when the core and puppet are together. Otherwise the user’s base stats are used for their puppet body. For the purpose of enchantments, the core and human puppet count as different objects despite being created together.

Human puppets must always be S-Rank puppets, and the same costs exist for creating them. Turning the body into a human puppet allows for the user to perform the Red Secret Technique: Performance of a Hundred Puppets should they know it.

Weaknesses: Human puppets can be destroyed and rendered inoperable thereby nullifying their various techniques and abilities. A body transformed into a human puppet has its potential for growth completely capped. The human puppet's base stats will be permanently stuck at whatever tier they were at the point of transformation. These stats may be boosted via techniques and abilities but they cannot be trained for a permanent increase. This drawback applies if more than a fourth of the body is turned into a human puppet.

Added a one tier debuff to one stat as a compromise.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Ei Kanagawa wrote:

Added a one tier debuff to one stat as a compromise.

Can't be both even with a debuff. Another suggestion I have is to allow it to give unique buffs to the users Con and Str depending on the rank of the puppet.

So A Rank Con on a puppet would give an A Rank aura boost and A Rank str would give a A rank aura boost.

Post by Ei Kanagawa Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Given that functionally human puppetry is a more advanced version of Puppet Armor, with a still existing vulnerable core, it wouldn't make sense to make it function as aura boosts, or unique boosts in general unless either the core part was removed or made to function at the same stats that the puppet would as well.

Skill: Kugutsu | Ijutsu

This same technique can also allow the user to modify their own body into a living puppet. While nearly the entire body can be turned into a puppet, the user must always keep a core of still living material, usually composed of compressed tenketsu. This core becomes the user’s only weakness, and thus a massive weak point. The user becomes able to fight for extended periods of time without hindrances that would normally affect a human body, such as fatigue, muscle failure, loss of blood, wounds, or pain. This conversion additionally allows the user to forgo the need for food, water, and air. This core can be transferred to other puppets at S-Rank speeds as well, allowing the user to abandon bodies that are damaged beyond repair or incapacitated. This core retains the user’s Strength and Constitution stats, while the puppet they inhabit uses either its base Strength or Constitution stat, chosen at creation. Boosters and debuffs that affect the user will always affect both the core and the puppet when the core and puppet are together. Otherwise the user’s base stats are used for their puppet body. For the purpose of enchantments, the core and human puppet count as different objects despite being created together.

Post by Ei Kanagawa Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Turned into an Enhanced State after a discord discussion.

Skill: Kugutsu | Ijutsu
    Classification: Enhanced State
    Requirements: A-Rank Intelligence, Ability to make S-Rank Puppets
    Description: A human puppet is a type of puppet created from human corpses. By removing the internal organs of a foe and preserving the body to prevent decomposition, as well as adding weapons and defenses, the user can make incredibly powerful and unique puppets. Only PCs may be turned into Human Puppets in this way. Corpses transformed into human puppets will retain their ability to use chakra, keeping the Stamina stat of the individual and are able to use that chakra in order to perform any jutsu that the corpse knew in life, including any techniques or abilities related to kekkei genkai. A human puppet created this way may only have up to 15 jutsu, selected upon creation from techniques that the corpse knew in life. No Restricted of any kind may be used by a human puppet created in this way. Creating a human puppet in this manner costs 500 EXP in addition to the normal costs for making puppet. These puppets cannot be used by anyone other than the creator, and take up an attunement slot when being used and must be declared in the user’s updates sections as other attunement slot usage must be. The price for creating a human puppet out of corpse like this is increased to 3,000,000 ryo.

This same technique can also allow the user to modify their own body into a living puppet. While nearly the entire body can be turned into a puppet, the user must always keep a core of still living material, usually composed of compressed tenketsu. This core becomes the user’s only weakness, and thus a massive weak point. The user becomes able to fight for extended periods of time without hindrances that would normally affect a human body, such as fatigue, muscle failure, loss of blood, wounds, or pain. This allows the user to theoretically live forever unless killed, never perishing from old age. This conversion additionally allows the user to forgo the need for food, water, and air. This core can be transferred to other puppets at speeds equivalent to the user’s Coordination as well, allowing the user to abandon bodies that are damaged beyond repair or incapacitated. This core retains the user’s Strength and Constitution stats, while the puppet they inhabit uses either its base Strength or Constitution stat, chosen at creation. Appropriate boosters and debuffs that affect the user will always affect both the core and the puppet when the core and puppet are together. Otherwise the user’s base stats are used for their puppet body. For the purpose of enchantments, the core and human puppet count as different objects despite being created together.

Transforming oneself into a human puppet grants a permanent passive +2 Tier Unique boost to Coordination, and a +1 Tier Unique boost to Intelligence and Perception, and requires 2,000 EXP in addition to the normal costs for creating the puppet. Swapping to a new puppet body after creating the first costs no additional EXP, and the EXP to turn oneself into a human puppet is a one-time fee. Human puppets must always be S-Rank puppets, and the same costs exist for turning yourself into one as creating a normal S-Rank puppet. Turning the body into a human puppet allows for the user to perform the Red Secret Technique: Performance of a Hundred Puppets.

Red Secret Technique:

Weaknesses: Human puppets can be destroyed and rendered inoperable thereby nullifying their various techniques and abilities. A body transformed into a human puppet has its potential for growth completely capped. The human puppet's base stats will be permanently stuck at whatever tier they were at the point of transformation. These stats may be boosted via techniques and abilities but they cannot be trained for a permanent increase. This drawback applies if more than a fourth of the body is turned into a human puppet. Due to the process of turning the user’s body into a puppet as well, the user will no longer be able to benefit from most traditional forms of healing techniques. Just like using Puppet Armor, having the user's core inside a human puppetry body sets the user's base Speed stat to C, although items and techniques may still boost the user's speed above this as normal.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 pm

"Only PCs may be turned into Human Puppets in this way. Corpses transformed into human puppets will retain their ability to use chakra, keeping the Stamina stat of the individual and are able to use that chakra in order to perform any jutsu that the corpse knew in life, including any techniques or abilities related to kekkei genkai."

*^ Feel free to note that the "kekkei genkai abilities" noted here is not part of that 15 Jutsu. So they get the 15 jutsu plus whatever kekkei genkai abilities except stat boosts unrelated to Stamina.

" The user becomes able to fight for extended periods of time without hindrances that would normally affect a human body, such as fatigue, muscle failure, loss of blood, wounds, or pain"

*^ User should still be subject to the fatigue penalty mentioned in the Stamina rules.

Red Scarlet Technique needs to be nerfed:

This:

"Those with below S-Rank Perception will have all 100 of their puppets experience a two tier debuff to Coordination and Speed when this technique is being used. At 75 puppets it becomes a one tier debuff to Coordination and Speed. At 50 puppets there is no debuff in movement."

Should become this:

"The user will have all 100 of their puppets experience a three tier debuff to Coordination and Speed when this technique is being used. At 50 puppets it becomes a two tier debuff to Coordination and Speed. At 25 puppets it becomes a one tier debuff. At 10 no debuff."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:35 am