Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Stag and Wolf: Palace in the Clouds

Okane
    Okane

Stag and Wolf: Palace in the Clouds - Page 2 Empty Re: Stag and Wolf: Palace in the Clouds

Post by Okane Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Okane would listen to the young man speak and smile. He too felt a little small about all of it. Perhaps Okane was striving for too much but he always did. Taking no chances with first impressions. He needed to be known by all. To be impressive to all. He had concerns about the Kage not being impressed by him of course. Such powerful beings striding the earth on another tier. But that would be seen in time. For now he was rather enjoying his time with the young Ashitaka. So the two of them would walk to the spot where they intended to build and he would admire the wall they had already put together. Of course this was all an impressive feat. For someone of Ashitaka's age to have come so far. He was rather pleased to have him as a protégé. Not many could match his impressive abilities for creation but this was all Ashitaka so far. He had simply made it permanent. At least as long as none came to challenge him this would stand as a monument to human progress....and it's pride. He smiled to himself as he considered the young mans words. Speaking in return.

"A shinobi huh? I would dispute that as I'm not trained for combat. Likely if a fight comes I won't be of much use. However I do believe in you Ashitaka. Despite your age, your history, your occasional pessimism, I see only talent within you. I will happily assist that talent."

Of course it benefited Okane greatly to do so but he also liked the kid as a person. So when he was told to Sync his chakra with the young man he was happy to oblige him. Okane would find that the three seals the kid put together were easy to mimic as he did them during a mantra. It felt like something out of a novel a hero might say. Such words spoke of hope and power. He would remain quiet all the same as he made the hand signs as well. Focusing his steel release chakra as he did. Rat, Ox and then snake. When Ashitaka moved Okane would be careful to move in perfect unison. No faster or slower. When Ashitaka placed his hands on the ground so would Okane. Pushing his power into the ground and feeling it mold with Ashitakas. An impressive combination of power. Adjusting as needed to match it perfectly.

As their jutsu completed a massive palace would erupt from the ground as it shook the entire island like an earthquake. A minor one but for a flying island such a thing was alarming. People cried out in surprise and awe as the massive palace rose to life. Unlike the walls it was all at once. Spread out over the open area and towering above them. Okane would smile with his green eyes shining until the palace stopped growing. Once it did he would lift his hands from the ground. He would step forward to touch the building inside one of the windows hidden from view as he placed a glowing seal inside one of the forward rooms. For now it would hold the jutsu without the two of them having to hold onto the chakra connection. Once it was done Okane would let out a breath of relief before turning to Ashitaka. A grin on his face.

"Would you look at that? I probably have the most impressive palace...no...the most impressive structure in the world right here on my island. I doubt there is another building like it in the world. Combining the talents of our two clans. Truly impressive my boy. Truly impressive."

Technique Trained:
    Mokuton-Koton Team Jutsu: World of Pure Imagination -15 CP

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: 460,837

Stag and Wolf: Palace in the Clouds - Page 2 Empty Re: Stag and Wolf: Palace in the Clouds

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:54 am

"Okane-sensei, I don't know where this lack of faith in yourself came from, but it's really annoying," Ashitaka said as he landed near the man, having briefly transformed his bracers into a ninja kite. Up until a moment ago, he'd forgotten that he was able to do that, hence his nervousness on the roof. Looking up at his mentor with his trademark serious, borderline threatening expression that was in fact just how he looked whenever he wasn't conveying a particularly strong emotion, he tried to read the man. Of course, in spite of his Sensory abilities, that was simply to no avail due to the slight disadvantage of his age.

He looked at what they had created from this new angle, and saw that it truly was a wonder to behold, personal bias notwithstanding. It held the sort of intimidating glory that was suited for the crown jewel of the ostentatious Emporium. He felt the sort of pride in himself that only came from having created something that he felt was worthwhile, at first, until it was picked at by the growing concern that he might never be able to match or top it, which was a serious problem considering how early in his life this particular event was. That was later joined by the worry that someone might actually come along and trash the whole thing like they did at Moonspire. In turn, he wondered why he couldn't just sit back and enjoy the sense of accomplishment that he felt he'd earned.

It didn't matter.

The work was nearly done, and whether the sensation could hold its place in his heart or not, the undeniable truth of his accomplishment stood before his eyes. The Palace did nothing so crass as to merely tower. Rather, it loomed like a tidal wave in the soul-crushing moment before it swept away everything. It was by no means as absurdly huge as the cloud-sized Grand Konoha Training Facility, but considering that it occupied a share of a flying island and was made by a jutsu rather than a construction crew, it was hardly something to scoff at. And the radiant aesthetic of the building only amplified the effect of its rejection of those it found unworthy. Come to think of it, that would probably make for a fairly unpleasant work environment. But that wasn't Ashitaka's problem.

"I hope you have a nice name for it, Sir. Nothing deserves to exist in anonymity, least of all this thing. Oh! I almost forgot!"

He didn't wait for a response, instead dashing back to a spot more or less central to the minimal area which the Palace had left to the space within the Wall. Focusing his chakra, Ashitaka formed the Snake hand seal twice, then placed his palms on the ground. From the Gate to the Palace's front door, a pair of rows of Senju Trees burst from the ground at alternating intervals. They were 75m tall and 10 wide, making it clear that it would take considerable effort to destroy them. When they were in season (or provoked by various means), flowers would bloom with six white tomoe-shaped petals and central regions the same shade of purple as an Otsu's eyes.

Without missing a beat, he would move over to the unadorned region of the Wall and walk up to its top. Forming the Snake seal only once this time, he sent an even more powerful surge of his own chakra into the mud lining the gap between its two layers. Spreading out two either side of him for a considerable distance, having to actually restrain the technique so that it wouldn't destroy what it was intended to protect. He did this twice more until the entire stone barrier was now decorated similarly to those parts of it that were flanking the Gate when he nearly knocked himself out, albeit with much more resilient trees.

"That should do it," he said proudly, somewhat out of breath as he returned to Okane. "If you should happen to die while within reach of this Palace, it is because the Sage himself has resurrected expressly to strike you down. Anyway, if that'll be all, I have orders to fulfill if my employment as your apprentice Weaponsmith is to have any value. I'm sure you have people who'll know where to find me. Please enjoy the rest of your day, Sir!"

With an uncharacteristically bright demeanor, Ashitaka bowed, then vanished.

[Exit thread.]

[Techniques Used:
    Mokuton: Nativity of a Sea of Trees (Amped) -10 CP (-UA reduction, +Amp)
    Focused Amplification (Increases CP cost by 5)

Technique Trained:
    Mokuton Secret Technique: Nativity of a World of Trees x3 -60 CP (-UA reduction)

145/235 CP remaining

Post by Okane Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Okane would listen as the young man expressed his annoyance at the pessimism that Okane himself was showing before mentioning the grand palace needed a name beyond just being called a palace. Truthfully the building...the walls...all of it was a work of art. He was very satisfied with it now and he couldn't help but admire it. The young man set off to add some final touches as Okane stared at the magnificence. How mighty it all appeared. Was it vanity that drove him now? Madness over a lust for power and influence? It was hard to tell if he was being honest but truthfully he didn't really care. The young man was impressive to him and he was happy with hiring him. He had become more than an employee....more like a son. Okane had never really considered starting a family. Always driven by his goals. However for now he would consider Ashitaka as close as one might get. Still a name for the palace hmm?

"Mori no Kyojin. The forest Titan. A fitting name I think."

Ashitaka would return to him and claim that it would take the great sage himself to kill Okane here. It would bring about a smile as Okane patted him on the back. However the young Ashitaka would excuse himself to return to his own work. Okane had a project or two of his own if he was being honest. Still he would move about placing another set of seals on the newest additions and one more hidden deep within the palace. His own mortality weighing on him as he contemplated just what he would need to survive. More importantly his legacy surviving him. Once the seals were placed Okane himself was exhausted. The enemy would have to destroy two seals just to take down the palace now. He would see to placing more once he had his strength back but for now he was drained. Instead he would have the serving staff summon his lawyers. He would spend a couple hours updating his will now that death was more possible for ever even for a man like him. His side of his business would all go to Ashitaka in the event of his death should he expire before the young man. He hoped neither of them would die. But it would be irresponsible not to be prepared. Still he smiled as he looked out the window of his mighty palace.

"Mori no Kyojin huh? How the mighty rise..."

exit thread

14 posts x 10 exp = 140 exp

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 pm