Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Around the Riverbed

Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

Around the Riverbed - Page 2 Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

Post by Ikomiki Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 pm

The black cat on Ikomiki’s shoulders would poof into nothingness as the summoning timer ran out. Rather than pay more chakra to ensure that Mikan remained Ikomiki figured that she could just summon the cat again if needed. Although, given how useful Mikan had been so far Ikomiki doubted that it would matter. She hadn’t been able to get off a single explosive tag beyond the very first one that she had thrown at the boy’s backpack. It was frustrating.

It seemed that the combat had stopped. This was fine, considering the deadlock that they had been in. She would watch carefully to ensure that Andariel wouldn’t be attacked from behind while she attempted to retrieve her axe, assuming she did go off to get it. Otherwise Ikomiki would continue to give side eyes over to her two opponents.

The fish that she had caught earlier and dropped on the ground as combat began, a large trout, would be kicked at. Rather than impacting it, Ikomiki would catch it on the top of her foot and then essentially throw it at Toshiyuki, assuming he hadn’t already left by this point. It would be done so that he could easily dodge it if he wished, but the intention was for him to catch it rather than the fish being some sort of strange bludgeon attack. It hadn’t yet suffocated, but by the way it barely moved now it was clear that it was nearly at that point.

“There.” She would sneer at the kid, but diverted her eyes away for a second. “Since apparently you’re such a useless baby that losing your rations was that big of deal, eat this so you won’t starve.”

It was the closest that he would get to an olive branch.

Mist Genin
    Mist Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

Post by Toshiyuki Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:00 pm

A light puff of smoke would pread around the side of the tree he was at and Toshiyuki still donning the black and blue aura would turn to face Andariel and Ikomiki. He'd taken a moment to gather himself, and he'd regained his composure and was back in tune with the situation. With Faces gone he stood before them just a man. He'd greet the other two ninja this time with a slight scowl, his eyebrows just barely furrowed. His right arm was encased in a cast once more as he walked closer, and the wounds he'd gotten still bleeding.

As the toss fish reached him, he'd twist its neck full circle. It wouldn't die instantly, but it's suffering would end sooner. If placed back in the water now Toshi doubted it'd survive more than a few days. "Your tribute is appreciated." Toshi would utter silently into the air. "Rest knowing that your life fostered the development of the cycle." His eyes would slowly raise up towards Ikomiki. She had no way to know what she'd taken from him, and Toshi had no reason to blame her. "You feared our betrayal, but you rushed blind into a fight. You brought up my unwillingness to trust outsiders, but it is you who pushes us away. And you ask me to prove myself with my actions, but your first instinct is to rush to retrieve your comfort." Toshi would simply lift his finger pointing to the axe with his finger.

He'd spoken just loud enough to make sure he was heard, but no more. "I think my gut was right, while you let your fear cloud your judgement. I'll be the first though to admit that I misplayed. If I had something so precious in that bag, I shouldn't have let it leave my side. I guess it was fated to happen eventually." The edge of Toshi's thumb nail would slit the belly of the still fish slowly as he spoke. "Aya-chan I don't wish to fight anymore, but I too must collect my things." Toshi would make his way towards the two kunai he'd futilely attempted to ensnare Andariel with. Collecting them and tucking them in his pouch to wrap when his hand was free later. He was attentive of the other two, but the chakra around him had slowly faded away by now as his body distracted him with pangs of pain. If this'd been the girl from before in the chair though. A small smile would briefly flash under Toshi's half face mask.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

Post by Hua Li Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:26 pm

And so this brief encounter grew to its end. An offer of trust ending in a brief tussle to which none was the final victor. The only gains for team Anda-Miki was that of having drawn first blood; a moral victory, for what it's worth. The rest was not so much a gain for them as it was a blow for Toshiyuki. The loss of rations and medicine; the loss of something more personal. And the gains of a lesson learned in leadership.

"Alright, manager-kun.", she'd reply as she gave Toshiyuki's decision a nod of recognition. And as each went to retrieve their items, Ayaka wondered how Toshiyuki would take today's moral defeat. Would he find introspection and learn from his approach? Would it strengthen his insight in strategy and his resolve for the future? The Chuunin Exams weren't over just yet. It was now that growth and adaptation had to happen if a genin wanted to pass this exam.

"A shame we can't have some fun together, Anda-chan. We could have made everyone fear the Yokai clan. Oh well... Good luck on your future encounters. You too, Iko-meanie-chan. See you later~"

Waving goodbye, she'd leave at the side of Toshiyuki.

Attempted [EXIT], in sync with Toshi.

175 XP

Last edited by Hua Li on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Official exit: opponents left the scene)

Around the Riverbed - Page 2 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Chemistry | Genjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:11 pm

The situation was less tense as the moments passed by. Andariel went to retrieve her ax the moment HL decided to leave. Wringing it out of the tree using her strength she would free the weapon and string it back on her baldric. Regrouping with Ikomiki she would also leave with her teammate at her side. They needed to pick up the pace if they wanted to pass this exam.

[Exit]

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

Post by Ikomiki Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:12 am

It was almost amazing how quickly things could change. The tension in the air defused very quickly as soon as people started speaking. Despite the fact that they had just been trying to kill each other moments ago, and that both teams still had the relic that the other one desired. It was almost odd. Ikomiki couldn’t understand it. It was to her advantage, obviously, but it confused her. Or perhaps, was she the only one who wanted to kill here? That could have been it. This was only supposed to be a game, after all. They were only supposed to take the relic, not their opponent’s lives.

There was really only one person she wanted to kill right now. She thought about him for a moment. Shinsui. She wanted nothing more than to kill him right now. Maybe eventually she will get her chance. That aggression was in her blood right now, pent up. It was something she could feel.

She hadn’t moved a single step since the battle began. Incapable of those sort of high intensity movements right now, Ikomiki would grimace. She could only watch. Without Mikan by her side now she was incredibly vulnerable, if the other team decided to attack once again. Without Andariel by her side, she was weak. A drain. Internally she cursed her own weakness, closing her eyes tightly.

Her Rin’negan would activate, flashing out behind closed eyes to hide it from view from those around her. If she wanted to be successful here she needed something more. Something more than just Mikan. She would scan through images. There were hundreds of them. Thousands of different animals she could select from with her Animal Path. It was like scrolling through a library catalog, with her able to check out whichever one she wanted.

Eventually, she settled on one. Not a cat, but that was fine. Her Rin’negan would deactivate, and she would open her eyes again. She could deal with dogs too. Looking at Andariel, Ikomiki would follow after her to take their leave.

-20 Chakra
    [Training Giant Multi-Headed Dog]
    [Exit]

Mist Genin
    Mist Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

Post by Toshiyuki Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 am

Toshiyuki would smile sheepishly beneath his mask at Ayaka’s “manager-kun”. He’d been naive, and if this were a mission out in the field he’d have put both himself and her in grave danger. Using the tension of the wire caused by the other half being planted so firmly in the ground, Toshi would quickly and neatly wrap up the wire snd place it back in his bag. Joining Ayaka once more, the fill in manager would join up with the woman who’d saved him just moments before from being brutally beaten, thinking a little more highly of her than he’d gone in thinking. Together the two of them would leave moving on to hopefully secure their totem.

[EXIT] 200 XP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 am