Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Shuriken and Shopping carts

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Shuriken and Shopping carts  Empty Shuriken and Shopping carts

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 am

The bell on the door to the store made a jingling sound to announce a new arrival as Hibiki hesitatingly pushed it open with one hand.  This was a place that the Hokage had recommended to her but she’d never been shopping on her own before so she wasn’t really sure how any of this worked.   It didn’t help that she’d nearly gotten lost on her way here and had to stop to ask a kind stranger for directions.

Wandering the show floor heedlessly, she was overwhelmed by the sheer selection of goods on display.  She had no clue where to even begin narrowing her choices down.  How was she supposed to tell what gear would be good for the chunnin exam when she didn’t actually know a thing about the tests themselves other than there were apparently three of them to pass.

She had so many questions.  Should she lean defensive or offensive?  What sort of weapon would even suit her?  Something big, scary and blunt or short and sharp?   She’d seen plenty of kunai and shuriken during the war but there were a bunch of things here she’d never seen before and didn’t have a clue on how to use properly. 

“Excuse me is there a Mr. Kiyoshi here?” She called out loudly.  If anybody had answers for her it would be the Master Crafter that Airi had recommended to her and the rest of the gennin.

[1]

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: ?

Shuriken and Shopping carts  Empty Shuriken and Shopping carts

Post by King of Games Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 am

The member 'Hibiki' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Shuriken and Shopping carts  VMgm48Z
    Kiyoshi
    Kiyoshi
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kugutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Enjinia | Kagaku | Kajiya | Nyūsatsu | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: More than You

Shuriken and Shopping carts  Empty Re: Shuriken and Shopping carts

Post by Kiyoshi Wed May 01, 2024 12:23 pm

The bell to the shop would ring loudly as the customer entered the shop, Jomei grunted as he sat the piece he was working on down and move to the front desk. The short gruff man would watch silently as the woman wandered the shop looking at the wares he had produced, happy to have a customer as business had been slow as late. Unfortunately for Jomei, the woman would ask about his master. With a grunt the man would turn and walk away from the counter heading up the stairs behind the front desk. Jomei wasn't the kindest of individuals, but he did good work which was the only reason Kiyoshi had not fired him.

Kiyoshi would be in his office on the top floor of the Menagerie, he wasn't doing anything in particular simply reviewing the plans for the stag tower and the work that he was going to have to put into the place. He would remain there amongst his work when he heard the bell assuming Jomei would see to the visitor as he handled the shop on most days, that however would not remain so as he would hear Jomei making his way up the stairs. A knock on the door and a few words and Kiyoshi would rise from his desk adorning his puppet armor and make his way down the stairs to the main shop, looking the visitor up and down as he descended the stairs. "what can I do for you?" Kiyoshi would ask as he reached the front desk of the shop, wondering what it was that would need his attention when Jomei produced work almost as good as his.

Experience: 3580/8720
    Renown: 15500
    Stats: 
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D -> A (Puppet Armor)
    • Stamina: S -> S++ (Jade Pendant)
    • Speed: E -> C (Puppet Armor)
    • Coordination: S -> S++ (Puppet Master Gloves)
    • Intelligence: S -> S+ (Lifestyle)
    • Perception: B
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu May 02, 2024 12:33 am

As Hibiki waited for Kiyoshi to make an appearance she stared longingly at the stuffed animals on display. The bears were so cute and soft looking she almost wanted to try picking up one and holding it…. Maybe even try buying one for herself.   Shaking her head in denial she reminded herself to refocus.  She had come here to get ready for the exams, not to amuse herself with needless luxuries.   

She only had a tenuous grasp on the use of currency to begin with.  She already wasn’t sure she had enough to equip herself properly.  If she was selfish and carelessly bought something she didn’t need that could wreck her already limited budget.   When she heard a voice addressing her she turned towards the sound only to gasp in wonder and delight at the sight of a metallic figure, looking far more like a machine than a man.

“Wow! So cool! Are you a robot?” she exclaimed as she ran right up to him, her eyes almost glowing with excitement as she circled around once him soaking in all the amazing details of his sleek form. 

“I’m Hibiki!” She said introducing herself, holding a hand out to shake.  “Big sis… err the Lady Hokage sent me here to equip myself for the exams.  She said that Mr. Kiyoshi was the best crafter in town.  Would you happen to be him?” she asked.  She had assumed Kiyoshi would be a flesh and blood human, but well him being a robot wasn’t all that strange in her naive eyes.

Taking out a small bag that she had originally tied to her belt she plopped it down on the nearest counter, revealing that it was stuffed with a substantial amount of ryo bills, more than you would expect for the average gennin though nothing compared to the kinds of amounts a wealthy man like Kiyoshi would be used to dealing with.

“This is my first shopping trip so I kind of don’t know what to do.  Before I came to the village, someone always chose my equipment for me, so I’ve never had the chance to select my own before.  You have so much to select from that I’m at a bit of a loss.”  Hibiki explained with a sheepish hand on the back of her head.

“I’ve got no clue how far this ryo stuff will get me.  And I don’t know if I should be focusing on attack or defence here either….”   In a way that made her one of the worst kinds of customers, one who didn’t even know what she wanted.  “I was hoping you could help me pick out some stuff that would suit me.”   

[2]

Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kugutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Enjinia | Kagaku | Kajiya | Nyūsatsu | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: More than You

Post by Kiyoshi Yesterday at 10:28 pm

"No, I am not a robot. I wear puppet armor, it helps me get around by using my skills with puppets." Kiyoshi would answer the first question, "yes the Hokage mentioned that she would be sending some genin this way to get equipment. It is nice to meet you, Hibiki. I am in fact Kiyoshi, Master Crafter of the Leaf. How may I be of service." Kiyoshi would give a small bow as he answered her second question, if Hibiki was aware of the rest of the store she might hear Jomei scoff at Kiyoshi's words or see him as he rolled his eyes at the statement.

The woman would explain why she was there, and how she had never done her own shopping before. Kiyoshi was at a loss when she asked if he could help her pick things out, giving her a once over as he thought at first that she was joking. After a few seconds, he would realize that she was being sincere in her request for his help. How was he to know what would help her when he knew nothing about her, but assessing of her what he could see, he would come up with something that he thought might be able to help her. "I offer a variety of different services, and tools." Kiyoshi would start, motioning around to all the items on display. "Judging by the look of you, I would say you were a pretty physical fighter. I have a few things that could help in that department, weapons and such. I can also provide you with armor if you need it, or tools such as kunai, shuriken, or even the occasional bomb. Of course, it will take time for me to get any custom requests completed. Items that you can see in the shop, you can walk out with today if you like."

Experience: 3580/8720
    Renown: 15500
    Stats: 
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D -> A (Puppet Armor)
    • Stamina: S -> S++ (Jade Pendant)
    • Speed: E -> C (Puppet Armor)
    • Coordination: S -> S++ (Puppet Master Gloves)
    • Intelligence: S -> S+ (Lifestyle)
    • Perception: B
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Today at 2:05 am

“Puppet? You mean like a Mario….Marionette?” She said stumbling over the unfamiliar word she knew but didn’t have occasion to use much.  “That’s so cool” Hibiki exclaimed, gobsmacked at the revelation.   The idea of a puppet large enough that it could be worn like a suit was so quirky and innovative to her.   Like some kind of fusion of ancient tradition and futuristic tech.  She wondered what kind of show he might be able to put on while wearing that.

He introduced himself proving that indeed he was the Mr. Kiyoshi she had been searching for. Though why the other man had scoffed at him was a bit beyond her.  Airi had said Kiyoshi was great so why was Kiyoshi calling himself a master a problem?   Even Hibiki’s untrained eyes could tell most of the stuff he had for sale was a cut above the rest she had seen at the marketplace on her way here just by looking at what he had in stock.

“Yes you’re right about that. I fight mainly by punching stuff, though I’m also half decent at Doton and Koton jutsu.”  Hibiki explained casually revealing her bloodline when many ninja would choose to keep it secret instead.  Her eyes sparkling with eagerness at the mention of explosives.  

“Oh man I’d love to try blowing some stuff up.”  she said fervently.  The idea of stuffing one an explosive into the middle of a rock and making it go boom was thrilling.  Maybe she could even get a more miniature and harmless kind like cherry bomb to use against one of the other exam takers as a prank.    

Man so far this Kiyoshi guy was great.  He’d allow her to buy sharp objects like knives which she hadn’t been allowed to have as a Test subject, but he was giving her access  to the stuff of her hopes and dreams. Yes, perhaps even she could get a robot of her own or at least a drone anyway.

“In that case I have a couple requests for you Sir.” said Hibiki as she grabbed a shopping cart and started placing some items in it seemingly at random.   There was no deep rhyme or reason behind her selections, it was all stuff that seemed cool to her even if the practical purpose for the exam seemed dubious in some cases.

“First I want a large weapon please, of the highest grade possible.   Something that will put my above average strength to use and scare people, like a really big Mace.  Ideally made of stuff that’s extra effective against other metals. Oooh and with a hidden spike for when I need to stab stuff instead of smashing it.”    she said describing the kind of weapon she wanted to commision from him since she hadn’t seen anything like it out on the show floor.

“I don’t know if there’s enough time for a second custom item before the exams start.  One of my friends suggested a mech….mechanical hidden spike that could shoot out on a wire and then be reeled back….  I’d like something like that to attach to the bottom of both arms only with a claw to grab onto things rather than a spike, ya know something a bit less fatal”  it was less of a weapon she wanted for her second request and more of a tool. 

That was when she noticed off to the corner a large box that looked out of place.   The items inside were scattered haphazardly and disorganized.  Almost like they had been meant to be put into storage and not on display and had been accidentally left out for some reason.  

“Oooh these seem nice.”  Hibiki said as picked up one of the items, a white jacket that was an off brand version of a chunnin vest but with longer sleeves.  Its colors reminded her of the uniform she was presently wearing. . “Is the stuff in this box for sale?” she asked.  Kiyoshi had said she could walk out with items she could see, but she wanted to be doubly sure.

---

Items in cart:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am