Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

Suggestions

Yumi
    Yumi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Genjutsu, Ijutsu, Chemistry, Fuuinjutsu, Engineering
    Class: C
    Ryo: 94,500

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Yumi Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm

I am enjoying my time on the site, but I'd like to suggest a few ideas to help with the boost of activity and other things. That's why I am putting four suggestions below one for the Marketplace, one for Missions, next regarding topics and the last an idea to help draw in new members.

Market Place

For the marketplace, I wanted to suggest the idea of placing sealing equipment in it. Ink to be used to draw seals brushes to draw said seals, blank sealing paper for seals to be drawn onto and blank scrolls. As some seals in the series used paper tags and even cloth to perform various styles of Fuuinjutsu.

Example.

• Ink Pot 25mls | ?ryo each
    • Ink Pot 50mls | ?ryo each
    • Ink Pot 100mls | ?ryo each
    • Ink Brush | ?ryo each
    • Sealing Cloth | |?ryo per 15 feet.
    • Blank Sealing Paper: Single Square (Measurements here): | ?ryo each
    • Small Blank Scroll | ?ryo each
    • Medium Blank Scroll | ?ryo each
    • Large Blank Scroll | ?ryo each
    • Sealing Ink Pen(For tattooing seals into skin) | ?ryo
    • Sealing Gourd | ?ryo
    • Sealing Barrel | ?ryo

Then to have a seal engraved onto a paper tag, scroll or onto cloth a training topic would be required following the training guidelines. While to engrave tattoos onto skin without certain techniques would require the Sealing Ink Pen.

The second is other forms of shinobi gear (mainly from the games) that could be village exclusive.

• Electric Kunai (A kunai with a seal that when chakra is channelled into it produces electricity) Kumo Exclusive
    • Fire Kunai (An explosive kunai with five-foot blast radius) Iwa Exclusive
    • Multi-Way Shuriken (A slightly larger shuriken that when thrown splits apart into 5) Kiri Exclusive
    • Three Way Fire Bomb (A palm-sized bomb that when thrown pops open and three smaller bombs fall out each detonating with a 3-foot radius explosion) Suna Exclusive
    • Five-Way Kunai (A Kunai with a seal in place that holds four other kunai, when thrown four pop out and five are thrown together) [Four pre-sealed Kunai included] Konoha Exclusive

Missions

From what I see the sites still fairly new and theirs not a lot of missions around either, and to request one you have to message the Kage to get approved to take it, who then crosses it off the list. But this doesn't always get updates as everyone is busy. I'd like to propose the idea that each village gets its own board under the missions topic and each mission placed in its own thread.

From there once a month someone can post in said thread asking to take the mission and post in staff requests. There the staff or Kage to post in approving for the person to take it, then the topic itself is locked so no one else can take it for the month.

Next suggestion for missions is for the creation of more. Not sure if members themselves can make them and just message a staff since a template is listed, but perhaps have a topic under missions or even the suggestion thread "Mission Creation" where members can post missions they've created which can then be used or even modified for the site but the staff. This would increase the current number of missions allowing for a rise in activity.

You could even restrict mission making to D to B rank missions only, that staff make A and up.

If you decide to roll with this, even considering adding an incentive for members to make missions like 500 ryo for a D, 750 ryo for a C and a 1000 ryo for a B. When people get rewarded for their work they tend to work harder and will happily do your work for you. This way when Gladius gets more members staff won't be rushing around needing to make more missions to accommodate. That and with more missions around, members can earn Ryo faster.

Topics

My third suggestion is to do with the topic count and flashback topics. I know gladius uses a Real-Time system and flashback topics, but in my experience, this can be confusing and tends to slow activity down. I'd like to propose the use of a multi-topic system.

Allow members to partake in multi topics at the same time, say 3 topics at once. 2 of those being Social Topics and the other being either a Training or Mission Topic or Crafting at the same time. The social topics wouldn't follow the real-time system, neither the training or missions, where the crafting topics would. Training, Mission and Crafting would come under one set of topics, if your crafting then you can't do a mission or do any training, same if your training you can't make a crafting or mission topic, vice versa with a mission topic. This would help to increase activity on Gladius to make the site more active and inviting, as it will allow members to, hopefully, be constantly threading whether it's just a plain old social or training.

When it comes to combat threads that involve maiming or killing these would come after any other topic and would be placed in the timeline that it happened afterwards. And once a maiming or killing topic starts the persons involved can't make anymore topics until it is concluded.

As for a travel topic, one would have to exit all previous topics before being allowed to travel.

Incentive

This is mainly an idea to assist in getting people to join and help to build up the villages as currently only Kumo and Kiri appear to be the most active while the other's are falling a little behind. Perhaps create an incentive for new members when they join? With the incentive changing depending on the village they join.

Incentive Example

• 10,000 Ryo free
    • 10 Kunai Free
    • 1 Free Item Pouch
    • Village Incentive (Konoha 1 extra free D rank Jutsu, Iwa Free D rank Armour, 1 Free D rank Weapon, Kiri 1 Free D rank Chemist Item, Suna 1 Free D Rank Puppet)

If you want to make sure they stay the incentive can be gained either after being active for 1 week and have made at least 10 in character posts or after they've made 30 In Character Posts and roleplayed with 1 other person within a month of being approved. That way the incentive is earned based on activity.

Spoiler:
    Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo:

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Halcyon Yomi Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Market place idea: fuuinjutsu items...I can support this, seems legit xD

Missions: Given that I did send mission ideas to Tsuyo to be added to the list when she requested it and it didn't happen, I guess a revision might indeed be necessary in the end.

Topics: Already been discussed on multiple occassions by staff and other players, the end result had been an increase in solo gains and the fact that regular topics are seperate from crafting, flashbacks and missions. So in general I'd say we can abide by what the creators wanted, but indeed for activity's sake, at the very least the missions need to be made more accessive.

Incentives: Seem nice enough not to be completely ridiculous, plus I like the conditions. I support this.

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: C

Spoiler:
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:22 pm

Yumi wrote:I am enjoying my time on the site, but I'd like to suggest a few ideas to help with the boost of activity and other things. That's why I am putting four suggestions below one for the Marketplace, one for Missions, next regarding topics and the last an idea to help draw in new members.

Market Place

For the marketplace, I wanted to suggest the idea of placing sealing equipment in it. Ink to be used to draw seals brushes to draw said seals, blank sealing paper for seals to be drawn onto and blank scrolls. As some seals in the series used paper tags and even cloth to perform various styles of Fuuinjutsu.

Example.

• Ink Pot 25mls | ?ryo each
    • Ink Pot 50mls | ?ryo each
    • Ink Pot 100mls | ?ryo each
    • Ink Brush | ?ryo each
    • Sealing Cloth | |?ryo per 15 feet.
    • Blank Sealing Paper: Single Square (Measurements here): | ?ryo each
    • Small Blank Scroll | ?ryo each
    • Medium Blank Scroll | ?ryo each
    • Large Blank Scroll | ?ryo each
    • Sealing Ink Pen(For tattooing seals into skin) | ?ryo
    • Sealing Gourd | ?ryo
    • Sealing Barrel | ?ryo

Then to have a seal engraved onto a paper tag, scroll or onto cloth a training topic would be required following the training guidelines. While to engrave tattoos onto skin without certain techniques would require the Sealing Ink Pen.

The second is other forms of shinobi gear (mainly from the games) that could be village exclusive.

• Electric Kunai (A kunai with a seal that when chakra is channelled into it produces electricity) Kumo Exclusive
    • Fire Kunai (An explosive kunai with five-foot blast radius) Iwa Exclusive
    • Multi-Way Shuriken (A slightly larger shuriken that when thrown splits apart into 5) Kiri Exclusive
    • Three Way Fire Bomb (A palm-sized bomb that when thrown pops open and three smaller bombs fall out each detonating with a 3-foot radius explosion) Suna Exclusive
    • Five-Way Kunai (A Kunai with a seal in place that holds four other kunai, when thrown four pop out and five are thrown together) [Four pre-sealed Kunai included] Konoha Exclusive

I do quite enjoy the idea of the Fuuinjutsu addition to the market place. I will be sure to add those with the next market update.

As for the other unique tools, I will also include the Five-way Kunai and Multi-way Shuriken. The elemental tools will seem like an easy way to achieve certain elemental effects without investing into the skill, so I will not include those.

Missions

From what I see the sites still fairly new and theirs not a lot of missions around either, and to request one you have to message the Kage to get approved to take it, who then crosses it off the list. But this doesn't always get updates as everyone is busy. I'd like to propose the idea that each village gets its own board under the missions topic and each mission placed in its own thread.

From there once a month someone can post in said thread asking to take the mission and post in staff requests. There the staff or Kage to post in approving for the person to take it, then the topic itself is locked so no one else can take it for the month.

Next suggestion for missions is for the creation of more. Not sure if members themselves can make them and just message a staff since a template is listed, but perhaps have a topic under missions or even the suggestion thread "Mission Creation" where members can post missions they've created which can then be used or even modified for the site but the staff. This would increase the current number of missions allowing for a rise in activity.

You could even restrict mission making to D to B rank missions only, that staff make A and up.

If you decide to roll with this, even considering adding an incentive for members to make missions like 500 ryo for a D, 750 ryo for a C and a 1000 ryo for a B. When people get rewarded for their work they tend to work harder and will happily do your work for you. This way when Gladius gets more members staff won't be rushing around needing to make more missions to accommodate. That and with more missions around, members can earn Ryo faster.

This is a good suggestion as well. For the mission creation the mission would have to be limited to D rank - B rank as well as serve as Generic missions. Certainly we cannot allow anyone Genin to make a mission calling to assassination foreign Shinobi or stealing scrolls, as a Kage may not agree with that politically. Non-Generic Missions will still be left for Kage Approval. Though, Weed Pulling and what other missions that are generic, non-canon, and simply serve to generate income/exp will be great to allow the public to make.

This will be further discussed in the Staff Chat.

Topics

My third suggestion is to do with the topic count and flashback topics. I know gladius uses a Real-Time system and flashback topics, but in my experience, this can be confusing and tends to slow activity down. I'd like to propose the use of a multi-topic system.

Allow members to partake in multi topics at the same time, say 3 topics at once. 2 of those being Social Topics and the other being either a Training or Mission Topic or Crafting at the same time. The social topics wouldn't follow the real-time system, neither the training or missions, where the crafting topics would. Training, Mission and Crafting would come under one set of topics, if your crafting then you can't do a mission or do any training, same if your training you can't make a crafting or mission topic, vice versa with a mission topic. This would help to increase activity on Gladius to make the site more active and inviting, as it will allow members to, hopefully, be constantly threading whether it's just a plain old social or training.

When it comes to combat threads that involve maiming or killing these would come after any other topic and would be placed in the timeline that it happened afterwards. And once a maiming or killing topic starts the persons involved can't make anymore topics until it is concluded.

As for a travel topic, one would have to exit all previous topics before being allowed to travel.

We have had this suggested to us multiple times since our site opened (four to be exact) by different members. I have prior experience with a Fluid Timeline as opposed to our current Linear Timeline.

The major issue with doing this is the impact it would have on our currently existing systems. We would have to overhaul roughly 15% of our systems to match the new timeline change. For example: Chemistry, Interruption, Flashbacks, Hunting, and Recovery to name a few.

But we understand your point regarding a Fluid Timeline. It does seem to be much more modern than a Linear one as a handful of sites have adopted them. On top of that, it would generally increase activity. Considering this is the fourth time we had the Linear Topic timeline brought forth we will discuss and consider adapting to the Fluid Timeline format.

If the majority of staff feels it is worth a shot, we will conduct a poll to get the member's opinion on it.

Incentive

This is mainly an idea to assist in getting people to join and help to build up the villages as currently only Kumo and Kiri appear to be the most active while the other's are falling a little behind. Perhaps create an incentive for new members when they join? With the incentive changing depending on the village they join.

Incentive Example

• 10,000 Ryo free
    • 10 Kunai Free
    • 1 Free Item Pouch
    • Village Incentive (Konoha 1 extra free D rank Jutsu, Iwa Free D rank Armour, 1 Free D rank Weapon, Kiri 1 Free D rank Chemist Item, Suna 1 Free D Rank Puppet)

If you want to make sure they stay the incentive can be gained either after being active for 1 week and have made at least 10 in character posts or after they've made 30 In Character Posts and roleplayed with 1 other person within a month of being approved. That way the incentive is earned based on activity.

We have had something similar like this during the opening of the site. Our "Site Opening Bonus" included 50,000 ryo and 250 exp which ran through our opening date (Sep. 19th) thru Dec. 1st. During the time we also had a referral bonus, where successfully referring another player to the site and having them create a character grants you, the person who referred the new player, 100 exp. I believe it would be beneficial to have the referral bonus be indefinite as a form of incentive to encourage members to bring their friends along.

On top of that, an additional incentive may be helpful for attracting new members to joining the villages with the lower members. This topic will also be addressed in the Staff Chat along with the others.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:53 am

In case of the electric and fire kunai, you could change the wording to lessen the extensive advantage they supposedly give.

Electric Kunai: A kunai which if the user possesses the Raiton element, can be charged with electricity at no chakra cost once per fight. It will be able to shock and paralyze opponents for one post if their constitution is D rank or less.

Fire Kunai: A kunai which if the user possesses the Katon element, can be charged with fire at no chakra cost once per fight. It will let go of said charge on impact, resulting in a blaze of fire that reaches about five feet in radius and can deliver first degree burns.

Just some ideas that might seem worth it.

Spoiler:
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:01 pm

If you want to make an elemental kunai, you can do that IC. Offering them as a generic item, regardless of their actual power in relation to ninjutsu, translates into a way to turn money into elements for anyone and everyone to buy.

"Death comes for everyone. I'm just moving you to the front of the line."
    Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 pm

you obviously missed what I proposed. In my proposal the element would only work if the user themselves already had said element.

Spoiler:
    Nikuyo
    Nikuyo

Post by Nikuyo Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Halcyon Yomi wrote:you obviously missed what I proposed. In my proposal the element would only work if the user themselves already had said element.

Just use chakra flow.

Items:

Spoiler:
    Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Ok lol... I actually did NOT think about that xD