Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE])

Anonymous

A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE]) Empty  A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE])

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:22 am

It had been a while since Nikola's latest adventures and these took the form of a series of beginner D-rank missions which had been assigned to him along with two other ninja, those being a kunoichi named Hanabi and a shinobi named Taco. Since then, Nikola had once again gotten back to his usual daily routine of assisting his parents as always with their business ventures, accompanying them to various high society events and mingling with the other attendees of said events, and of course, his ongoing and ever-burgeoning mad science research, both of the generic sort and even the ones more specifically of the ninja arts variety, with the latter being focused on the study of ever more efficient means of commanding as well as directing the Aburame insects dwelling inside him as well as the study of how to improve this entomological arsenal for his benefit and for that of his Aburame clan in general

Hmm...now that I have completed the theoretical study of these jutsu, I suppose it is as good a time as any to indulge myself in some practically oriented field testing of these...after all, what better way is there to discern any oversights in my knowledge about their implementation...

Nikola mused thus silently as he set about readying himself to head out for accomplishing said agenda. After the usual half hour or so of prepping himself by donning his usual work attire, this being specifically comprised of his researcher's outfit, gathering his gear and strapping it on, and confirming his insect reserves, Nikola informed his family's support staff as to his intended location of presence for the day, that being the Grand Konoha Training Facility, and then headed off to said location. Once there, he chose a nice quiet and relatively unoccupied room and got down to work.

Now then...first up on the training montage...the Human Cocoon jutsu...hmm...seems this is something of a utility jutsu for the Aburame...supposed to be some sort of waterproof human-sized cocoon of sorts...made of wax, perhaps, or some other such secretion of the insects we use..

Musing thus silently, Nikola began by rousing the kikaichu among the insects dwelling inside him to activity by steadily channeling his chakra throughout his body. Then, he proceeded by commanding them to generate the special waterproof substance that this jutsu needed to work and then guided them to secrete it from the various strategically located portals all over his body which they normally used to enter and exit it. He kept his chakra flowing all the while to ensure that the kikaichu kept up a steady stream of the substance oozing out onto the surface of his body. After several minutes, the first layer of said substance was formed over the top half of his body and so, he decided to stop for a break to assess the results and to test this substance's characteristics

Hmm...feels certainly waxy...now then, commencing waterproof nature testing of this substance upon my skin...

With that thought in mind, he went over to a small drinking fountain nearby and after drawing out a measure of water into a cup he took out from his backpack, he poured it over the layer of the special substance generated by his kikaichu that was now covering his forearm and waited a minute or so to see if any would percolate through successfully.

Interesting...so it stopped most of the water...but not quite all of it, eh? Perhaps this jutsu needs more than one layer for it to perform its function of creating a waterproof covering it is designed to do...

Mulling over his next move thusly, Nikola wiped off the water from his forearm and once again closed his eyes and began to systematically transmit the commands to his kikaichu to generate the same substance again, but this time, he directed them to generate the new layer atop the old one such that the overall structure was a multi-layered covering. Then, he repeated his waterproofing test again and this time, the covering succeeded in stopping the water he poured over it from percolating down onto his actual skin completely

Excellent...that was far easier than I thought...then again, this IS a mere D-rank jutsu, after all, so I really should not be surprised, I suppose...now to add the finishing touches...

Musing thus silently, Nikola pictured an actual sleeping bag in his mind down to the most minute detail and then transmitted the image to his kikaichu which then responded by generating the same multi-layered structure made of their waterproof secretion onto his person, only this time, they covered it over completely from head to toe in the rough form of a sleeping bag or cocoon as per the intended design for the Human Cocoon jutsu that he had set himself the task of training today and so, he was able to cross the first of the jutsu on his training list off successfully, thus marking its completion and mastery.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE]) HxereVw

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 135

• CP Used: 3

• Remaining CP: 132 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Human Cocoon Technique (Aburame Hiden, D-rank)

Post WC: 542

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 50 (due to 50% off the base 100 WC for D-rank jutsu learning via Nikola's Training Reductions U.A. focused for all Aburame Hiden jutsu)

Training Result: Human Cocoon Technique learned successfully

XP earned for this post: 10 (5 base for solo + 5 from training in Grand Konoha Training Facility)

[1]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:40 am; edited 13 times in total
    Anonymous

A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE]) Empty Re:  A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE])

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:25 am

After resting briefly and contemplating which jutsu on the list to train next, Nikola finally decided to undertake learning of the Insect Deception Technique next

So the idea is to create a sort of fountain or geyser comprised of kikaichu that then erupts onto the intended target from below to swarm and drain them at a slightly higher intensity as well as accelerated rate than average...should be simple enough, methinks...but how on earth do they burrow underground and resurface like that, I wonder...

Nikola mused silently while trying to picture said flow of his kikaichu in his preparation for training himself to do the jutsu in question. After a few minutes, he was done with his visualization training and so, he started his chakra flowing to his kikaichu again and after slamming his palms onto the ground, he then directed 200 of them to surge forth from the portals located on his forearms and burrow into the ground. After that, he directed them to course towards a training dummy which he saw about 5 m away from his location and a split second later, he guided these 200 kikaichu to gush out from beneath the training dummy and onto it in a geyser-like swarm as per the Insect Deception jutsu's design, and managed to knock it over successfully. Then, he stood back to contemplate his handiwork as his 200 kikaichu crawled back to him again to await further orders from him

That was a promising start, and so this jutsu can at least hit a target located 5 m away...so now to see how much further it can go before dissipating...

Musing thus silently, Nikola focused his attention on another training dummy located 10 m away this time and repeated his training for the Insect Deception Technique again, namely guiding the 200 kikaichu to burrow underground, travel towards the target dummy, and then spring forth in a fountain-like swarm onto the dummy. Once again, this technique managed to knock over the training dummy, but like last time, since the dummy did not possess any chakra, the kikaichu did not end up draining anything from it. To finish off his training for this technique, Nikola repeated this same process with another training dummy located 20 m away this time, and once again the 200 kikaichu were able to travel towards the dummy, spring onto it as a swarm, and knock it over successfully.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 132 of 135

• CP Used: 5

• Remaining CP: 127 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Insect Deception Technique (Aburame Hiden, C-rank)

Post WC: 412

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 75 (due to 50% off the base 150 WC for C-rank jutsu learning via Nikola's Training Reductions U.A. focused for all Aburame Hiden jutsu)

Training Result: Insect Deception Technique learned successfully

=====

XP earned for this post: 10 (5 base for solo + 5 from training in Grand Konoha Training Facility)

[2]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:40 am; edited 4 times in total
    Anonymous

A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE]) Empty Re:  A MAD SCIENTIST'S RESEARCH SAGA PT. 3 (NIKOLA, SOLO [COMPLETE])

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:27 am

After another break wherein he analyzed his handiwork with the jutsu he had trained so far, Nikola then proceeded to the next jutsu on his list for training that day, or as he liked to call such an activity instead, field testing

Alright, now that I have filed the result data from these two previous jutsu field tests, what is next on the docket...Insect Jamming Technique...or perhaps...Insect Sphere...hmm, Insect Jamming it is then...

Having thus silently mulled over and decided what he was going to field test next, Nikola set his mind to going over the jutsu details

So for this...I have to infuse a large amount of kikaichu with my chakra first and then release them to cover over a wide area to perform the basic technique...

With that thought in mind, Nikola commanded the 200 kikaichu he let out earlier to come back and after re-assimilating them, he roused some more of his kikaichu, making it a total of 400 that he was planning to use for this jutsu test. Then, he infused his chakra into each one to a considerable amount and commanded them to pour of him and spread out over the entire area of the room he was in a semi-dense dark cloud. Then, to check the efficacy of the jutsu with an reliable source, he commanded around 100 of his shokaichu to pour out as well and had them survey the scene remotely and then report back

Good...the my chakra's dispersion with the kikaichu is looking acceptable and homogeneous so far...now to see if I can make those false hits that the jutsu scroll mentioned...

With that thought in mind, Nikola tried to remotely command the kikaichu that were spread out homogeneously to now coalesce into small cells of around 200 each for this first test and so, that was what they did exactly, leading to his shokaichu reporting two false hits this time

Good, now then, to see if I make smaller clusters to induce more false hits and at varying ranges from my location...

Musing thus silently, Nikola commanded his kikaichu to group up in clusters of 50 which led to his shokaichu reporting 8 hits total while using a 100 per cluster reported 4 hits, making this part of the jutsu field test a success as well. Lastly, he tried to test how far he could cause these false hits and sensor jamming phenomena to occur and he confirmed that he could do it at any distance from himself up to a max of 100 m, and thus he learned this jutsu successfully too.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 127 of 135

• CP Used: 10

• Remaining CP: 117 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Insect Jamming Technique (Aburame Hiden, C-rank)

Post WC: 451

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 75 (due to 50% off the base 150 WC for C-rank jutsu learning via Nikola's Training Reductions U.A. focused for all Aburame Hiden jutsu)

Training Result: Insect Jamming Technique learned successfully

=====

[3]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:33 am

Once again, Nikola immersed himself in contemplation of the results that he observed from the field test of the jutsu he had just learned for several minutes, and after committing this data to memory so that he could use it to his advantage in some future situation or another, he proceeded to mulling over the next jutsu on his list, namely the Secret Technique: Insect Sphere

Hmm...so another 400 kikaichu are need for this, eh? For a mere C-rank, it is rather expensive in terms of insect usage...oh well, I suppose its usefulness offsets the cost...okay, so send out the kikaichu and have them surround the target in a sphere formation...then they attach to mass drain the target...sounds easy enough, but the key is probably getting the sphere formation to be dense to prevent the target's escape...

Musing thus silently, Nikola called back the shokaichu and kikaichu to come back to him and after re-assimilating them again into his body's inner hive, he set about envisioning this new jutsu he had decided upon, namely the Secret Technique: Insect Sphere. After getting the basic sphere shape of the insect formation properly envisioned, he sent that information to the kikaichu inside him and called out 400 of them as per the jutsu's design. Then, he made the Rat hand sign as a silent signal for his insects alerting them to proceed with performing the jutsu. In response to that, the 400 kikaichu he had called out surged en masse towards one of the remaining training dummies, encircled it, and then surrounded it in the designated sphere formation, though only loosely. After that, they attached themselves to the training dummy to complete the jutsu

That is the basic motion done...now to refine the control and density of the sphere...

Nikola mused silently and with this improvement in mind, he once again made the Rat hand sign as a silent signal to his kikaichu, this time for the purpose of instructing to pack themselves closer together to make the sphere denser still and smaller. In response, the kikaichu packed themselves into a much more close-knit, tighter spherical formation than they were in before upon the target, and thus Nikola was able to finish learning the basics of the Secret Technique: Insect Sphere. To finish off this training session, he then experimented with the range of this jutsu and once again found that he could do it at any distance from himself up to a max of 100 m, thus letting him learn this jutsu as well successfully.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 117 of 135

• Remaining CP: 112 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Secret Technique: Insect Sphere (Aburame Hiden, C-rank)

Post WC: 445

Training Result: Secret Technique: Insect Sphere learned successfully

=====

[4]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:09 am

Once he was done learning how to perform the Aburame Hiden jutsu available to him at his current stage of development to his satisfaction, Nikola took a break not only so that he could commit what he learned to memory, but also to decide on which jutsu to train next

Hmm...that is all the jutsu I had planned on field testing today...then again...the day is not over just yet, so perhaps I should keep going a tad longer...hmm, maybe...with the list of non-elemental ninjutsu and work my way forward from there to whatever other jutsu catch my eye...hmm, ah yes, the Haze Clone should be a nice and easy start...

Nikola mused thus silently as he began running through the jutsu performance steps as indicated by the part of the ninjutsu scroll dedicated to its teaching. Once that was done, he ended his break and then focused his attention on bringing this information to the forefront of his mind

So the idea is to create illusory clones of oneself and send them to distract the enemy and while that is happening, I can attack from the target's blind spot...okay then...

Nikola mulled over how to do this jutsu one more time and set about actually practicing it in real time. To start, he began making the hand signs for it, namely the Dog followed by the Tiger, and that worked to direct his chakra out of his body and into the environment of the room he was in and in said room, there now appeared 10 of these illusory clones of himself

Good...now for the coordination training...I need precision timing for this jutsu to function as a distraction according to its intended design...

Nikola mused thus silently as he brought out a pair of kunai knives and simultaneously, each of the illusory clones also brought out kunai knives of their own. Then, he threw the kunai at a training dummy located about 5 m away and his illusory clones followed suit a few seconds later. Naturally, this could not satisfy Nikola as he wanted it to be perfect coordination between himself and the illusory clones and so he kept up the practice, eventually getting the timing perfectly synced to said clones

Now that I have the timing down pat...perhaps I should test if there are any angular limitations to this jutsu...and after that, it would perhaps be wise to test the maximum range of this jutsu as well...

Nikola thought thus silently on how to proceed with finishing his learning of this jutsu and as per this plan, he first picked up the kunai he had thrown and after returning to his position 5 m away from the training dummy, he threw the kunai time and again, each time varying the angle by a few degrees from his previous attempt. Interestingly enough to him, he managed to make his illusory clones match his throws at varied angles each time. Finally, he tried to create the 10 illusory clones produced by this jutsu at ranges of 2 m away, followed by 4, 6, 8, and finally found out that 10 m was the maximum range for this jutsu, and thus he finished learning the Haze Clone jutsu successfully as well.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 112 of 135

• Remaining CP: 109 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Haze Clone Technique (General Skill, D-rank)

Post WC: 560

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 100 (b/c D-rank and no reductions applicable)

Training Result: Haze Clone Technique learned successfully

=====

[5]

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:13 am

After having committed the Haze Clone Technique's performance details to memory, Nikola then proceeded to mulling over which jutsu on the list to train next

Hmm...what next...ah, perhaps the Hiding in Shadows jutsu would be best for the next field test and it could prove useful when combined with the Chakra Suppression jutsu I already know...

With this in mind, Nikola started to remember the steps he had read on performing the Hiding in Shadows jutsu from the relevant scroll for the next few moments

Hmm...the key to this is finding an adequately shaded spot in the surrounding area...and then, the body seemingly merges to be one with the darkness therein using chakra to enact this simple camouflage...but first...

Nikola mused thus silently and then sent out a small swarm of his kikaichu for physical presence detection testing and another small swarm, this second one being comprised of his shokaichu which were to be the test for chakra presence detection. After sending these some paces away, he looked for and found a large pillar supporting the ceiling of the room he was in which was just big enough to cast a spacious shadowy area. So, he headed there and after entering the shadowy area, he  proceeded to perform the Tiger hand sign to activate the Hiding in Shadows jutsu he had set about training for this round. Upon activating it, he saw how his body seemed to be covered over by the shadows around him thanks to the jutsu's function and then, he looked to his kikaichu that was flitting about a few paces away and then commanded them to detect his physical presence. As was predicted by the jutsu's description in the scroll, however, his kikaichu could not detect his physical presence since he had the Hiding in Shadows jutsu active

Okay, so my physical presence has been obscured successfully with this jutsu, but what about my chakra presence?

Nikola thought silently as he looked to his shokaichu swarm and bade them to detect his chakra presence this time. Again, as predicted by the jutsu's description in the scroll, his shokaichu were able to pick up on his chakra signature despite the Hiding in Shadows jutsu being active still

I see, so it would be wise to assume that I cannot use this to hide from anyone or anything with a special sensory ability, let alone dojutsu...I will need to be careful using it then...

With that, Nikola's learning of the Hiding in Shadows jutsu was complete and he called his kikaichu and shokaichu back into him and stopped briefly again to analyze the results and commit them to memory.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 109 of 135

• Remaining CP: 104 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Hiding in Shadows Technique (Non-Elemental Ninjutsu, C-rank)

Post WC: 472

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 150 (b/c C-rank and no reductions applicable)

Training Result: Hiding in Shadows Technique learned successfully

=====

[6]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:46 am

After having committed the Hiding in Shadows Technique's performance details to memory, Nikola then proceeded to mulling over which jutsu on the list to train next

Hmm...what next...ah, perhaps the Shuriken Giant Body jutsu would be best for the next field test since it could be useful for when I have to fight at range...

With this in mind, Nikola started to remember the steps he had read on performing the Shuriken Giant Body jutsu from the relevant scroll for the next few moments

Hmm...the key to this is throwing the projectile in question and then immediately following that up with the activation of the jutsu...since picking up a projectile after it has been enlarged by this jutsu and throwing it is certainly beyond my rather average level of physical strength at present...but I wonder, it is called Shuriken Giant Body, so is it compatible with just shuriken or any projectile that can be commonly used...then there is the question of the size amplification limit...so the first milestone is twice the original size...

Nikola mused thus silently and then brought out a single shuriken and threw it at a training dummy about 2 m away from his location and a split second later, he performed the hand signs for the Shuriken Giant Body jutsu, namely first the Tiger followed by the Rabbit and finishing off with the Dog. This caused his chakra to be emitted towards the flying shuriken and enlarged it to twice its original size and consequently, the shuriken ended up embedding itself deep in the target training dummy's head

So...the projectile's velocity does not suffer when affected by this jutsu, eh? That is certainly a rather useful feature, indeed...now commencing with the next milestone of size amplification...

Nikola mused thus silently and canceled the jutsu before going and picking up the shuriken he had just thrown to reuse it. Then, he returned to his original location 2 m away from the now headless training dummy and then threw the shuriken again, but this time, he set the Shuriken Giant Body jutsu to activate and amplify the shuriken's size by 3 times the original size and ended up tearing off one of the dummy's limbs this time. Then, Nikola repeated this procedure again, and in this same manner,  his practice of the size amplification continued steadily with throw after throw and increment after increment until he finally found that the jutsu had a maximum size amplification limit of 10 times the original size, and once he had reached this stage, the thrown shuriken ended up almost completely decimating the training dummy to mere splinters

Excellent...and it seems that I can use this jutsu at a max range of 15 m away from me after throwing the projectile...now to see whether it works with any other projectile type...

In this regard, he tried it out with the kunai he had on him, and it worked with them as well, which led him to make a mental note to go purchase some senbon next time to test this jutsu's potential further still. With that, Nikola's learning of the Shuriken Giant Body jutsu was complete and he stopped briefly yet again to analyze the results and commit them to memory.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 104 of 135

• Remaining CP: 99 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Ninja Art: Shuriken Giant Body Technique (Non-Elemental Ninjutsu, C-rank)

Post WC: 579

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 150 (b/c C-rank and no reductions applicable)

Training Result: Ninja Art: Shuriken Giant Body Technique learned successfully

=====

[7]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:48 am

After having committed the Ninja Art;: Shuriken Giant Body Technique's performance details to memory, Nikola then proceeded to mulling over which jutsu on the list to train next

Hmm...what next...ah, perhaps the Body of Bear jutsu would be best for the next field test since it could be useful for when I am facing Taijutsu practitioners and maybe even weapon specialists...

With this in mind, Nikola started to remember the steps he had read on performing the Body of Bear jutsu from the relevant scroll for the next few moments

Hmm...so this is a basic Taijutsu which is designed to make the user's body more durable...I suppose I can use mechanized training dummies for testing this...

Nikola mused thus silently and then began his training of this jutsu by practicing the direction and infusion of his chakra into his body's musculature. Then, once he was sure he had the basics down, he headed over to one of the mechanized training dummies in the room and activated its training protocol, calibrating it for basic Taijutsu only for this first round of testing. Then, he activated the Body of Bear jutsu for real and while doing so, he focused his attention on how the chakra he was directing into his musculature was hardening it rapidly. Then, he allowed the training dummy to strike at him a few times, but thanks to the effect of this Taijutsu, he barely received any physical damage and the dummy failed to knock him over despite how rapidly it was spinning at present

I see...so basically, this jutsu hypertrophies the musculature for the duration of its activity such that they can be solid enough to take physical impacts...essentially becoming a brace against such attacks...but I wonder if it can be used to withstand non-physical attacks too...

Musing thus silently further, Nikola cancelled the Body of Bear jutsu and then proceeded to calibrate the training dummy to perform elemental ninjutsu against him, his choice this time being fire style ninjutsu. Then, he activated the Body of Bear jutsu to see if he could use it to defend against the incoming fire style ninjutsu, but alas, he received a fair few burns from taking the attack. Then, he proceeded on to testing the effect of the Body of Bear jutsu against wind style and once again, this Taijutsu failed to protect him from it. In closing, however, he did discover that ninjutsu with physical presence such as earth style could be blocked with the Body of Bear jutsu. With that, Nikola's learning of the Body of Bear jutsu was complete and he stopped briefly yet again to analyze the results and commit them to memory.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 99 of 135

• Remaining CP: 96 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Body of Bear (Taijutsu, D-rank)

Post WC: 466

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 200 (b/c D-rank and 100% increase to Taijutsu training WC from Training Reductions U.A. applicable)

Training Result: Body of Bear learned successfully

=====

[8]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:53 am

After having committed the Body of Bear taijutsu's performance details to memory, Nikola then proceeded to mulling over which jutsu on the list to train next

Hmm...what next...ah, perhaps the Counter of Ram jutsu would be best for the next field test since it is derived from the Body of Bear jutsu I just finished learning...

With this in mind, Nikola started to remember the steps he had read on performing the Counter of Ram jutsu from the relevant scroll for the next few moments

Hmm...so this is a slightly more complex Taijutsu which is designed to make specific portions of the user's body more durable...I suppose I can use mechanized training dummies for testing this...

Nikola mused thus silently and then began his training of this jutsu by practicing the direction and infusion of his chakra into his body's musculature, specifically in his forearms and shins. Then, once he was sure he had the basics down, he headed over to one of the mechanized training dummies in the room and activated its training protocol, calibrating it for basic Taijutsu only for this first round of testing. Then, he activated the Counter of Ram jutsu for real and while doing so, he focused his attention on how the chakra he was directing into his musculature was hardening it rapidly. Then, he allowed the training dummy to strike at him a few times, but thanks to the effect of this Taijutsu and his blocking with his forearms and shins alternatively, he barely received any physical damage and the dummy failed to knock him over despite how rapidly it was spinning at present

I see...so basically, this jutsu, like the Body of Bear jutsu, also seems to work by hypertrophying  the user's musculature for the duration of its activity such that they can be solid enough to take physical impacts...essentially again becoming a brace against such attacks that the user blocks with their forearms and shins...but I wonder if it can be used to withstand non-physical attacks too...

Musing thus silently further, Nikola cancelled the Counter of Ram jutsu and then proceeded to calibrate the training dummy to perform elemental ninjutsu against him, his choice this time being fire style ninjutsu. Then, he activated the Counter of Ram jutsu to see if he could use it to defend against the incoming fire style ninjutsu, but alas, he received a fair few burns from taking the attack. Then, he proceeded on to testing the effect of the Counter of Ram jutsu against wind style and once again, this Taijutsu did not protect him from it. In closing, however, he discovered that ninjutsu with physical presence like earth style could be blocked with the Counter of Ram jutsu. With that, Nikola's learning of the Counter of Ram jutsu was complete and he stopped briefly yet again to analyze the results and commit them to memory.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 96 of 135

• Remaining CP: 91 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Counter of Ram (Taijutsu, C-rank)

Post WC: 509

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 300 (b/c C-rank and 100% increase to Taijutsu training WC from Training Reductions U.A. applicable)

Training Result: Counter of Ram learned successfully

=====

[9]

Last edited by Nikola E. Aburame on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:20 am

After having committed the Counter of Ram taijutsu's performance details to memory, Nikola then proceeded to mulling over which jutsu on the list to train next

Hmm...what next...ah, perhaps the Spring Chant jutsu would be best for the next field test since it seems to empower a different aspect of my Taijutsu, namely speed and dexterity rather than durability and strength...

With this in mind, Nikola started remembering the steps he had read on performing the Spring Chant jutsu from the relevant scroll for the next few moments

Hmm...so this is a basic Taijutsu which is designed to make the user's body more dexterous, perhaps for the purposes of using the opponent's physical force against them...I suppose I can use mechanized training dummies for testing this once again...

Nikola mused thus silently and then began his training of this jutsu by practicing the direction and infusion of his chakra into his body's musculature. Then, once he was sure he had the basics down, he headed over to one of the mechanized training dummies in the room and activated its training protocol, calibrating it for basic Taijutsu only for this first round of testing. Then, he activated the Spring Chant jutsu for real and while doing so, he focused his attention on how the chakra he was directing into his musculature was causing it to twitch faster and more frequently as well

Interesting, perhaps this Taijutsu is designed to alter the ratio of the various types of muscle fibers in the user's body...

Then, he allowed the training dummy to strike at him a few times, but thanks to the effect of this Taijutsu, he managed to evade the dummy's attacks rather than block them this time and even managed to use said Taijutsu to reverse the spin of the dummy, albeit only for a brief second, by using a series of grappling maneuvers, redirection methods, reversal forms, and so on, all according to the basic Taijutsu principles which he had learned during his stint at the Academy. Due to the Spring Chant jutsu empowering Nikola's dexterity and maneuverability, the dummy failed to knock him over despite how rapidly it was spinning at present. With that, Nikola's learning of the Spring Chant jutsu was complete and he stopped briefly yet again to analyze the results and commit them to memory. After doing that, Nikola decided that he had done enough for one day and thus, exited the Grand Konoha Training Facility and headed back home for a nice, long rest.

OOC:

Nikola's Appearance:

CP Reserves:
    • Starting CP: 91 of 135

• Remaining CP: 89 of 135

=====

Jutsu Trained/Learned:

Spring Chant (Taijutsu, D-rank)

Post WC: 416

WC Required for Jutsu Learning: 200 (b/c D-rank and 100% increase to Taijutsu training WC from Training Reductions U.A. applicable)

Training Result: Spring Chant learned successfully

=====

[10]

=====

(NIKOLA'S EXIT)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:53 am