Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Advertising of Sweet Tooth

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Village : Minor Nation

Advertising of Sweet Tooth Empty Advertising of Sweet Tooth

Post by Ren Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:00 am

Mission:

Ren would slowly make his way down the streets of Konoha from the Uchiha district to the market street district, his feet dragging across the ground as he walked. 'Why me? Damnit, why did I have to be the one picked for this crap.' the young Uchiha would think to himself as he walked, completely oblivious to what was going on around him as he made his way through the streets. After he had completed the stupid postal job yesterday, he thought he would have been given the day to relax, or at the very least train despite the pain in his legs from all the walking yesterday he would have rather been training than having to do this. Of course, that just was not in the cards for good ole Ren, no sir no how. The young Uchiha awoke this morning with a knock on his door, and another messenger at his doorway. When he first saw the messenger, Ren briefly prayed that he was receiving some kind of accommodation, but of course this would not be the case, and the male knew it even as he was having his fantasy illusion within his head. No this was another mission, and he doubted it would be any better than the one he had done the day before, but he hoped it wasn't another delivery gig, because his legs could do with a rest. Though judging by what the assignment had said, he doubted that was the case. As he drew nearer to the market street, he would force himself to walk more proper, using a small burst of chakra to press his clothing removing any wrinkles that his attire might have before running his fingers through his hair straightening it slightly though since it wasn't properly combed it really did little to fix the male's messy hair look. Still, it was better than nothing, as it was always a good idea to look good when you are going to work, considering no one wants to see a sloppy worker. As Ren entered the candy shop, he would hear the bell ring above his head as the smell of chocolate and other sweets began to bombard his senses.

"Welcome, Welcome, to my candy store, Sweet Tooth. You can call me Willie, how can I help you?" came a voice from somewhere in the room that Ren could not see the man, "The uh, village sent me to uh, I guess to help out?" Ren would reply with more of a question of what he was doing there rather than a statement, as he was unsure as to just how he was supposed to help the man and his shop when he knew nothing about sweets. "Ah yes," the man would answer before Ren would hear the sound of approaching footsteps as an older, but much shorter man would appear behind the counter, seemingly out of nowhere. Looking over the top of the counter, Ren saw a small crate that the man was standing on as it seemed the man wasn't even tall enough to see over the counter on his own. 'Geez, no wonder this guy needs help. It must take him all day just to get across the room, and how does he even stock the shelves, half of them must be twice as tall as he is.' Ren thought to himself as he waited for the reason he was here, how he could provide the man with help. The man would reach under the counter and pull out a stack of papers all bundled together, "I need you to advertise my store of course." Willie would say with a grin on his face, "you see I just opened my shop and well business is not as good as I thought it would be." he added as he moved his arm in a motion around the empty store, "so you see I thought what better way to get people in the door than to hand out flyers about the place." The old man would lift one of the flyers, "Me and the misses, spent the past couple of days working on these, and so I would like you to hand them out to as many people as you can." Ren would take a minute to look over the flyer in his hand before grabbing the bundle and heading for the door, as he went to open the door the man would call out too him, "If you run out just come back and we got lots more."

The male would let out a sigh as he walked, handing a flyer to every person he walked by as well as placing them on a few light posts, restaurant windows or doors, and he even went down a couple of houses in the residential district sliding the flyer through the mail slots of the various houses. He was down to his last few flyers when he saw the woman he had met yesterday while delivering the post, "Hey Aurora, right?" he would say pretending that he didn't fully remember her name or had been thinking about her since their flirting yesterday. "Oh, it's you, delivering more mail today?" Aurora asked with a smile, "In a way." Ren replied returning the smile. "I am handing out flyers for the new candy shop, Sweet Tooth." "Oh my, well look at you. postman and advertiser, you are a regular Entrepeneur. Is there anything you can't do?" Aurora would ask with a slight chuckle and a smile, "There is very little that I can't do, but how about later I show you what I can do." Ren replied with a wink to which the woman blushed. They would talk a little more agreeing to meet up later after he had finished with the candy store's flyers, walking away from the woman, Ren would smile wide a bright smile of actual happiness, excited to meet up with the woman later and get to know her better. This would in turn put the male in a much better mood than he was in earlier, as he had something to look forward to at the end of all of this. Returning to the shop, Ren would see that his advertising was already working as the shop was now up to five customers within the store. The man he had met earlier, and a woman moved behind the counter helping the different customers, when the man saw Ren and waved him over. "Keep up the work, Boy and we will be rolling in the Ryo." he stated with a smile handing Ren another bundle of flyers and a bar of chocolate. Ren would simply nod and head out the door not wishing to be inside should more customers arrive as the quant little shop was already begun to feel crowded to the male. He just hoped the time he was spending on this would be worth it and he will get paid decently for this, he would pick up the chocolate bar in his other hand and inspect it. From the looks of the wrapper this chocolate was made by willie himself right there in his shop and supposed to be the best chocolate in the land, though Ren was not a fan of chocolate and considered just giving it to a random person with the flyer but then thought it might be better to save it and give it to Aurora tonight after all this was said and done.

Getting back to the streets Ren would hand out more flyers to the masses, slowly making his way throughout the entire village, or at least what felt to the male as the entire village. Though it was entirely possible there was a district or two that he missed he was certain at least eighty percent of the village had received a flyer either in person on the street or in their home from the mail slot, and it was also entirely possible that at least a few of them got one in the street and one at their house considering Ren was just flying through handing them out to anyone and everyone trying his best to spread the word of the candy shop the Sweet tooth. As he returned to the shop for another set of flyers, he noticed that the customers had grown to a considerable amount, now with twenty people standing inside waiting to be helped. Ren considered the fact that the job was done, and his advertisements had worked, but the perfectionist in him refused to accept it, as there was still daylight out and therefore, he had time to hand out more flyers. Grumbling under his breath the male would approach the counter finding the man and getting more flyers to hand out so that he could get back to work and the man could return to helping his new customers. With a brief thank you from the man and another chocolate bar Ren would set out with his third stack of flyers, heading for the last area in the village that he had yet to go to. However, as he was making his way out the door, he was suddenly knocked down by an aggressive force that he did not see coming.

There posed on top of him like a freaking hunting dog that found its mark was a rather short and extremely tubby child whose lips were dripping with drool as he looked at Ren yelling something about chocolate, without thinking twice Ren gave the boy the second chocolate bar the old man had given him in hopes that it would get the fat kid off of his chest. Unfortunately, that is not what happened at all, instead the boy ripped open the chocolate and proceeded to stuff it all in his mouth making a huge mess all over himself and Ren who was still pinned beneath him. As the boy started to shout for more, Ren would wheeze out through strained breathing, "If... you... want... More... it's... in... the... shop..." As the boy lifted off of him, Ren felt as if the heavens had opened and the angels were singing for, he was able to breathe again. Ren would stand, dusting himself off and collecting the new bundle of flyers from the ground, giving the boy a displeased glare as he ran into the shop, Ren would then continue on to the last area he would be advertising the shop at. As he walked, he began to feel a strange feeling in his leg, reaching into his pocket the male realized that the fat kid had not only made a mess eating the second chocolate bar, he had also complete squished the bar that was in his pocket that he was going to give to Aurora. "Damn that fat kid," Ren swore to himself as he pulled his hand out of his pocket finding it covered in melted chocolate. "I'm never going to get this stain out," he thought aloud as he tried his best to control his anger and directed it towards a nearby wall, punching it and hurting his hand in the process. Taking a little time to clean his hand up, Ren would then return to handing out flyers to those he passed, there would be no houses to drop flyers off at in this area, but plenty of people come and go through here at all hours of the day so handing out the last of the flyers shouldn't be a problem. Standing in front of the Hokage's office Ren would proceed to hand out flyers over the course of the next six hours until finally there was only one flyer left, which Ren would allow to be carried off by a strong gust of wind, now too tired to try to fight to hang onto it, though he knew he needed to wake himself up as he was supposed to be meeting with Aurora in a few hours' time. Ren made his way back to the Sweet Tooth to find that the line of customers now leads out of the building and a good couple of meters down the street. Not wishing to deal with the crowd of people, Ren would simply wait outside for the line to go down, though it would take a while for that to happen, which Ren was ok with because after all the walking he did yesterday and today his legs were burning and needed a good rest.

{Mission Completed ~ Exit Thread}

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 am