Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Politics and Promotions

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Genjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Politics and Promotions Empty Politics and Promotions

Post by Yuichi Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:42 pm

Mission:

So much of his time and energy was placed onto researching and applying the Oosukashiba seal that he didn't even notice the mail stacking up at his door step. At first, he was just going to throw it all away, but the voices in his head pointed something out to him: several of the letters had been sent to him from high ranking Konoha officials. They approached him once, but he brushed them off and siad that he was busy. They continued there attempts to get Yuichi to stop being a bum.

Apparently, it was time for Yuichi to get a promotion, soemthing that he had been dreading his entire time as a genin. It had perks, but also came with a whole heap of responsiblity that Yuichi just wasn't ready for. Of course, that was before he decided to place a complex fuuinjutsu he had no understanding of onto his body on reccomendation from a friend. Now, the AI would hound him until he opened the letters.

"We will both benefit from a promotion. In addition to the extra cash, it will allow us access to village secrets."

That was an exhausting concept as well. For now, he couldn't info anybody of what he had done. Yuichi would get a lot out of it. Possibly knowledge of new techniques or something similar that he would want to keep out of the hands of an enimy. He had no way to be entirely sure that the AI living in his head wasn't answering to something behind his back.

"You make it sound so ominous," he said.

"I have no reason to lie to you. I am loyal to you, which means I am loyal to Konoha. You can trust me."

"You say that, but I don't even know your name." For some reason, he found it difficult to avoid conversing with it out loud. He made his way through the hallways of Konoha's main government building, occasionally glancing at a window to avoid eye contact with a passerby curious as to why he was talking to himself. He wondered why more building didn't feature the same curving walls as this one. Was it harder to build a round wall?

"I am an extension of you, a name serves no purpose."

"My eyeballs are an extension of me yet they have a name."

"You named your eyeballs."

"No, but... you... you won't tell me your name." Yuichi arrived at the door to the hokage's office. Strangely, it was unguarded, a releif since he was still ingrossed in a conversation with a voice in his head. It started to speak, but he cut it off. "Alright shut up. I need to focus. This guy has dogs."

"I don't see how thats a problem."

Yuichi just ignored it. It chose a voice that manipulated him into responding, but Yuichi knew what was up, so he coud try to ignore it. He knocked on the door, hoping to hear if one of his dogs reponded.

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Politics and Promotions Empty Re: Politics and Promotions

Post by Tengoku Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Tengoku had considered the state of the village for some time. There were those with promise through out the village and each held their own history with the village. He had set expectations and standards above the norm and still many disagreed with him. However the rate of death for kids under sixteen in his village had dropped dramatically over the last two years of his rule. Even if it was a constant debate point even now with other leaders in the village he held his ground. For the lives he may have spared alone Tengoku felt he had done well. He slept soundly at night with that choice. However some limitations had passed their expiration point. Over the last couple of years peace had dulled many of the villagers. He had held his practice strong but his body couldn't seem to surpass its limits further. Not as he was so in general Tengoku had simply maintained his physique. Strong body strong mind and all that. However today was different. Today was about raising someone up whos crime had been dreaming of adventure. Tengoku understood the youthful naivety now more than ever that he was locked to this job. What a day this would be.

Yuichi Uchiha was one of the brightest minds of the village. Renown for his genjutsu and seal work the word genius was passed along commonly. Despite his sorted past which was less than ideal but under the rug by now he had shown immense loyalty to the village. His file had dwindled off over the last year or so due to lack of activity in the field however. Perhaps peace had made him soft in the time that had passed. So a test would be in order in order to ensure he was up to the rank being offered. But Tengoku was also bored with being in the office all day. So something doable for someone intelligent more than someone brawny was in order. There was a suspect official under investigation at the moment. Normally he would just assign it to a Chuunin or even a Jounin and see their report later. However it suited a test rank up setting. Depending on how he did he could reach Chunnin or even further. But Tengoku wanted to see the results personally. So in order to do that without skewing results he had borrowed a little bit of equipment from his old tracker days.

When Yuichi approached the Hokage office the door would be open with no guards. Its usual decorations marked by piles of documents here and there. Bills and city financial paperwork mostly. Nothing too vital to the naked eye. On the side of the desk closest to the door was what appeared to be a Tracker Anbu in a long white hooded coat over anbu armor. A ANBU mask painted like a bird hid his chakra signature but just to be safe Tengoku suppressed it further. Allowing the mask to well...mask his voice. Leaning against the table with a vanilla envelope in his hand. Which upon Yuichi approaching would be held out to him. The stern and altered voice echoing from behind the mask and under the hood. Golden eyes watching from the two holes. Like a birds.

"Yuichi Uchiha? Good. This is our mission. You may call me proctor. I will be observing and reporting on you today. This is the details are in the folder. Truvo Maximo is a small time official we believe to be abusing his power. Your task here is to gather evidence of any misdeeds and determine the appropriate course of action. He usually keeps two guards with him where ever he goes so be prepared to engage if needed. Are you prepared?"

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:09 pm

There were no dogs. No hokage either. Instead, seated at a desk just beyond the door was a man in a lab coat and bird mask. A peircing gold shined through the eye sockets. The preditory appearance put him on the defensive. He resisted the temptation to speak out load to the AI . The OS seal could prevent pain, but not anxiety. Perhaps Yuichi could find some way to make it work.

"Some things you must overcome yourself." Sometimes, it's voice took on a metalic tone, as if it was talking to him from the inside of a drum. It must have been another tactic to get a response out of Yuichi. He simply ignored it, however.

His was tempted to activate his sharingan and get a good look at whoever was hiding beneath the mask, but he resisted the urge. He closed his eyes for a moment in shame of the thought, trying to turn the awkward moment into an impromptu bow. He focussed his gaze on the stacks of paperwork on the desk instead, and this seemed to supress his compulsion.

"He's trying to hand you something, Yuichi. Pay attention."

The anbu gestured for him to take an envelope from his hand, then gave him a breif discription of the mission. He also told Yuichi that he would be going by proctor for the day. It wasn't enough that the voice in his head wouldn't give him a name. Even a code name would have been preferable, but he knew he was just projecting his frustration at his current situation.

Scanning the paperwork for the mission as he listened to the breifing, several idea's were already popping into his head intrusively. By the time he was finished he wasn't entirely certain of half of what the proctor said.

If he had it his way, he would just use Temple of Nirvana and then read their memories. That would be sure to tell him if something was going on. It was truly a shame that he could not use psycho mind transmission from a distance. At least he knew how to tail someone.

"I am, Yuichi, yes. Yes. Although, sometimes I hardly... I'm - I'm sorry, I'm always curious, do all anbu have unique masks? Or..."

"Focus Yuichi." The voice cut off his train of thought immidiately. It sounded as if it came from the outside, from all directions at once.

"Right. Right. Umm... So do I get to make my own plan and stuff? I just tail his gang? Honestly, I can probably track the dude in my sleep, but it may be easier to simply get a confession out of him. He wont even know it happened."

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:08 pm

Tengoku would blink and smile behind his mask. For now he was careful to suppress his chakra. So even if they activated the sharingan it wouldn't identify him automatically between the mask and chakra suppression. Both designed to negate those pesky chakra signature abilities. Combined they were used commonly by Anbu to conceal their identity due to the type of operations they participated in. Letting ones identity out to dangerous enough criminals to find them based on chakra signatures was asking for disaster at home. His time as a tracker nin had been mostly concealment work. He had trained to hide in the shadows and locate enemy shinobi before they could locate him. His keen senses had been useful when it came down to a sensory battle.

Still Yuichi would ask a silly question. One which raised an eyebrow but one that couldn't be seen behind the mask. Instead it would appear as if the Anbu before Yuichi was standing still and stoic. The hooded coat would keep almost all of Tengoku hidden. His hands shifting to his pockets as he would listen to the other statement. Golden eyes would shift to look them over a moment before the dull voice spoke again.

"This is a more delicate mission than that. Seeing as they hold political sway in the village, an open scandal isn't beneficial. Nor is assaulting or coercing a village official openly. If you are spotted and they ask questions, they hold enough sway to make your life difficult. So it comes down to how you wish to plan this. How you investigate and how you handle the matter is up to you entirely. I will merely be here to assist and observe. A safety net. We should be going though if you wish to observe them before it gets too late."

Tengoku would nod as if to himself before raising a hand out of his pocket to indicate the door before quietly falling in behind Yuichi if they didn't have any questions. It appeared Tengoku was unarmed but his specialty in taijutsu meant he didn't really need weapons. Especially not for a mission as simple as this.

Besides Ninjutsu was also a powerful tool. His hands returning to his pockets as the details of the targets home and business as well as frequently visited place along his daily route. It would be up to Yuichi to decide how to approach and what methods he used. This had to be Yuichis choices.

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:57 pm

It was hardly any fun if he just followed Truvo through town and watched him all day. Still, he was glad that the proctor wouldn't be interfering unless he needed to.

He ran his fingers through his hair. People like Truvo Maximo were the worst kind. It didn't matter if you were a bad person; you do not use your power to make the people of your home suffer. Positions of influence seemed to attract this kind of person. A ninja had to fight for their home, so perhaps they were conditioned with a desire to protect its people. Those who held the position of Hokage rarely displayed corruption on the same scale as other politicians.

He could hear the OS seal accusing him, "you just have bias."

"Sweet! Let's get moving then." Yuichi didn't want to waste any more time standing about, so with that, he began to make his way back through the administrative district.

Logically, Yuichi was given some basic information about Truvo. Things such as his place of residence, businesses, and a list of suspected crimes. There was also the fact that recently, Truvo had kicked some tenants out of a building that he rented out in the residential district. Word has it, they were currently sleeping out on the street. He took his time making his way over there, walking at a brisk pace and enjoying the breeze. While he didn't have photo's, the family of four was easy enough for Yuichi to find. There was a manin a bed who looked somewhat sickly, a woman, and two children wearing typical middle class clothing.

"Hello there, um, I work for the Konoha government. I have some questions for you guys, if you'd be so kind." These types of situations were not his strong suit, but he had a soft spot for struggling families.

The woman, a mother in her early thirties, from the looks of it, answered him, gesturing a coffee cup out to him. "I'll answer any questions you have if you give me some change."

Yuichi tried to seem unphased, but he decided to help them. From the looks of it, the mom was too busy taking care of the guy to be able to go and work. He leaned down and looked the older kid in the eyes, trying to smile to create a sense of ease.

"Hmm. Promise you can keep a secret?"

“You're insane.”

"What?" she said. Her confused face made Yuichi laugh a little.

Yuichi pointed down the street, watching as he eyes followed his finger. "Three house that way, you'll see an a little blue one with a black stuffed animal in the window." Hooked on the inside of his waistband, Yuichi revealed a set of keys and handed them to the kid. Looking up at the mother while he explained, "I have a spare room and I some food. There all yours. But first, I gotta know something."

“That man had just finished telling you to avoid doing anything that might interfere with the investigation. You have research that the Konoha government would consider top secret if you ever bothered telling them what you were doing.” The voice wasn’t as startling as usual, but the tone was a bit irritated.

This got a response out of everyone. The kid was trying to pull him in the direction of his home, but he stood firm as he continued talking to her mom. "You were kicked out of your apartment because you husband-"

"Dad," the woman corrected him.

"Of - of course. I'm sorry. Um, father fell ill? You know that there's actually a law for situations like yours?"

She frowned in irritation at his question. Did he insult her? "We didn't qualify because we were making plenty of money. My father got sick, and my job wasn't enough. We did everything we were supposed to, but Truvo kicked us out before we were able to get our paper work through."

That was what Yuichi had assumed. It was illegal, but Truvo probably just used his position to lawyer his way out of trouble. Luckily, after losing his home in the Uchiha district, Yuichi was navigating the harsh world of renting a home for about a year. He did his research on the subject.

“Alright then. Last question, you know where I can find him?”

“Mhm. He’ll probably be at home.”

Yuichi bowed and made his exit. If he was home, watching the entire building was probably his best bet. With his keen eyesight, he would be able to spot any suspicious characters entering and leaving the home

Truvo’s home was not far, and Yuichi wasn’t about to start rushing. He made his way over casually while listening to the OS seal complain about what he just did. He wondered what to name it.

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:25 am

Tengoku would keep some distance once they left the administration building. With his keen senses he would be able to hear and see just fine from a distance. So he would follow Yuichi from the rooftops. Yuichi was taking a casual pace and seemed to be thinking things through. Contemplating his moves instead of rushing right into the situation. The young man appeared calm despite the seriousness of the situation. A good quality in any commanding officer. Back in the day his own sister and he took a similar mission with a man named Masaru. Who eventually turned into the Tsuchikage before the same sickness that took his sister took him too. However they had rushed in and paid for it. They had under estimated enemy strength and ability to negate sensory. Had Masaru not been there....An idle hand rose to his right eye as he ran it down his mask. A thin scar still remained from where he had nearly lost an eye. However Masaru had taken it too far at the time and tortured the man to death with lava. The screams had haunted Tengoku for some time after. He had dedicated himself to being better after such a real experience.

In this case it seemed Yuichi was both knowledgeable of local customs and laws as well as quick to find reliable information. Finding a family recently put out of their home illegally was an interesting first step. Knowledge of the mans location was gathered and a witness testament to a crime. However for something such as that he would only be issued a heft fine. Likely something his position could afford. Still compassion was also shown as the young man gave them access to his humble home. Trusting he supposed but at least he was offering temporary assistance to those effected by the crimes. Something to help others instead of just accomplishing the objective. Making him shine in a positive light in the eye of the public if only a little more now. Still it would do until their paperwork was processed and housing assistance was provided. Still it seemed Yuichi was on a role as he moved to the next location. Casually still and without hostile intent yet. So he remained calm despite feeling compassion. Was it for show? Would he act differently if he didn't know he was being observed? Golden eyes watched as he followed with hands in pockets from the roofs for the time being.

Soon they would arrive outside of a walled off Japanese style manor. With its square walls and three main buildings with a courtyard in the center. An elaborate house for someone of his position. Likely making more money than he should be in his position. Flaunting it seemed like hubris but most men with a hint of power developed that. There was only one roof overlooking the place of a rundown apartment building he owned. Of which Tengoku would land on top and wait for Yuichi there. Remaining stoic and quiet as golden eyes looked over the manor himself. He could already tell their timing was opportune. Though the official in question only had his two guards with him...he was meeting with someone wearing a mask. Sitting across from each other with the masked man having two guards of his own. This mask however was not unknown to Tengoku. A group of slave traders known for kidnapping the homeless. So this was their ploy? He selected profitable slave options and forced them onto the street and in turn his business partner kidnapped them and sold them at auction elsewhere. Of course Tengoku felt rage but he quelled it for now. Watching to see what Yuichi would do. Four guards and an unknown individual meeting with a village official...how would they proceed?

Stats:

Current attunement -

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:24 pm

He decided that approaching the manor from the rooftops was the most practical option. So after stopping to grab a coffee he use a wall climbing jutsu and made his way to the roof of the coffee shop. Using his sharingan, he could see that the proctor was waiting on a rooftop near his destination. It was likely a good spot to get a veiw of the manor then, so he wouldn't have to search for one.

Once he was there he took a moment to admire the place with his sharingan. These old fashioned buildings always got him feeling a little nostalgic. His home growing up was small, but it was built with care and comfortable for his large family. Even if most of them left once his grandmother died. This one was much nicer than his though. Exquisite wood work, several floors, and a pretty big garden complete with a pond. A few small birds were gathered around eating seeds.

He could also see from here that the man of the hour had an unexpected guest, a mysterious masked man. Was it a foreign ninja or just a common criminal. Yuichi stayed low, and found a spot only a few feet from the proctor where he couldn't be seen watching over this meeting.

Without even thinking about it, he asked the AI, who he decided to call Dosan, a question out loud, "any idea who he is.

"Yeah. Your not gonna like it," Dosan said.

"Just spit it out."

"The masked man is a part of a group of slave traders." Dosan paused as Yuichi processed this answer. This meant that Truvo was intending to buy a slave. "Not exactly. It gets worse. This group has been known to pick up homeless people to sell as slaves."

"So our friend Truvo has an arrangement," Yuichi said.

The plan was, it seemed, that the family Yuichi just opened his home to was the intended victem of this arrangement. Truvo really was garbage.

"Hmm. I think the stakes have risen. Subtly doesn't really seem necisary anymore. Let's skip straight to the arrest."

With his free hand, he made a tiger sign, sipping some coffee as a cloud of feathers gathered, and then decended upon the manor, flowing into hallways and open windows. He kept a close eye on the body guards and the masked individual. The goal was to take out all three of them, but something told him that masked man could be trained in ninjutsu.

"They should be asleep in a moment, but we should keep a close eye on things. We have to arrest all of them or it's pointless. There's no chance I'm letting a slave trader get away."

Jutsu:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:45 pm

Tengoku or as he was today proctor would simply observe. It seemed that Yuichi was taking the mission perhaps a bit too casually. He could smell the coffee the young man had gotten. Was he taking this seriously or was this some joke to him? Lives were on the line and time meant death to some. Already some had to have been sold to slavery and it would take time to find out who and where they were taken. The longer they waited the more daunting the task would be. The official would be useful for information but the true prize here could leave at any moment. Attacking the slave trade directly was a good outcome. If they left while Yuichi was ordering coffee...well Tengoku would only frown and wait. Even once Yuichi made it to his roof and looked over the mansion grounds he seemed to be lost in thought. Not one of quick action. At first Tengoku had taken it as a note of caution...but now...golden eyes took in the young man and wondered about him. Was he capable of quick action? Proctor couldn't hear his inner thoughts so he seemed to just be mulling it over in his head to him.

The tiger sign was Tengokus hint that Yuichi was acting. The target of course was the manor which meant that back this far the genjutsu wouldn't effect others like Tengoku or the surrounding populace. However white feathers began to fall to the manor grounds. Tengoku would watch in silence as alarmed shouts would echo from the group in the meeting. However Tengoku was familiar with this jutsu. While it was a high tier sleep effect it took time to fully take hold. Its visual effects giving it away quickly. For the lower tier guards it would mean the end likely but...his golden gaze shifted back as two bursts of chakra could be sensed from the meeting room. It seemed the official and the slave trader at least had enough training to dispel genjutsu. Though it seemed to have worn them both down considerably. Both of them hunched over and gasping for breath. Normally dispelling a genjutsu was costly but it appeared that Yuichi was particularly skilled at it. Still the two of them moved over to a wall and moved a lever. Revealing an escape passage. They had no illusions that a shinobi wasn't after them.

Still Tengoku wouldn't move. The guards were following but they would soon be taken over by the effect. Too weak to break free they were running fruitlessly. Some information could be gathered from them but the true prizes had already broken the effects off themselves and were on the move to escape. However from here Tengoku could not approach while that jutsu was active in the area without releasing chakra suppression and revealing himself to that Sharingan. He could send hunter teams later if Yuichi failed but...well he could still recover. But if Yuichi went in now he would be on his own until the genjutsu dropped. If he dropped it now he would be facing the guards however. Choices and their consequences. These moments were part of the test after all. Could he follow up or would he ask for help? Tick tock tick tock went the clock.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:33 am

He expected at least some attempt at an escape. The jutsu wasn't excatly subtle, and it wasn't mean to be. Getting rid of the guards was his entire objective. Although, he had to admit, he did not expect Truvo to be skilled in ninjutsu. He watched as the guards stood and colapsing onto a lever that reveiled some kind of passage.

"They are leaving, Yuichi," Dosan said. It was clear from his voice that he was displeased with the relaxed way he was handling things.

Time to move then.  He made a plan of entry as soon as he arrived. With his sharingan activated, he lept onto the roof of the manor and into the courtyard. Through an open window he found himself in some kind of living space, but he quickly found a spot where he could get down low and watch them. Truvo lit a match and used it to light a single candle on the wall, which moved down the hallway from one cadle to another until the entire escape tunnel was in bright. The guards struggled to make their way into the tunnel, as feathers followed them down the steps. Then, the door started sliding shut.

"Idiot!"

He was unsure if he would be able to open the passage back up once they were inside. There was no time to think. He immidiately darted down the passage. The slave trader noticed this immidiately and brandished a sword.

The door finally fully shut behind them. Truvo's guards were barely awake, he only needed the jutsu to continue a bit longer and they would go down. Truvo himself was equipped with a fancy dagger. Looking around, the tunnel was built somewhat mazelike, so he would have to search for the way out of them if he lost track of Truvo.

Yuichi started to make handsigns when the Slaver threw a kunai at him. He appraoched with the sword after throwing it. The kunai he was able to dodge easily, and before the slaver reacched him he was able to finsih weaving hand signs.

Tiger → Horse → Rabbit → Rat → Dog. The sword just missed, with hand hand colliding with Yuichi's bony shoulder. Then he pulled the blade toward him slicing Yuichi's Komono as he dropped low to avoid the attack.

The slaver would not be able to see the small blades of chakra forming just a few inches passed Yuichi's fingers He sliced through tendens in his legs to drop him to his knees. On his way down, he clumsily swung his sword once more, but Yuichi slapped the sword put of his hand, launching it up toward the ceiling. He tried to catch it on the way back down, but just wound up clumsily slapping the handle and sending it in Truvo's direction.

He stepped back. The slaver struggled to stand. The guards seemed to be readying themselves to fight as well, even as they struugled to keep their eyes open. Truvo, the slimely bastard, began taking tiny, sad foot steps down a passage way.

"You would make things easier on yourself if you just killed them," said Dosan.

"It's not happening," Yuichi said. He didn't put in all this effort just to kill them when it was conveinient. Although, he had no reason to spare the slaver. It would remove the only real obsticle he had remaining. He'd rather use chakra enhanced strength and just beat them into submission. Although, the slaver was building chakra for some kind of attack.

Chakra

185 -.2 - 5 -25 total from temple genjutsu = 164.8 chakra

Jutsu:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:05 pm

Proctor would cross his arms and remain where he was. The guards of the corrupt official were all but useless at this point. Collapsing against the power of a high tier genjutsu. Even proctor was staying out of it...though for other reasons than the sheer cost to his chakra it would take to avoid its effects. He would feel out his sensory abilities as he expanded them to take in the tunnel. Watching as Yuichi would finally move with gusto and engage. At least when it came down to it he would pursue his prey in an urgent manner. He could sense virtually all that was happening as he stood on the roof next door. Yuichi was handling the situation with relative ease in comparison to how this had gone for Proctor the first time he tried this. Some would say that was just to be expected of an Uchiha....but Tengoku had risen to the seat of Hokage without being one of them. So he didn't know how much stock to put into that.

For now though it appeared that the target was going to keep fleeing while everyone else including the slave trader would choose to the best of their abilities to stay and engage. Or rather some of them simply had lost the ability to move any further. Collapsing before the power an efficiency of the genjutsu. Still even in extremely close quarters Yuichi was more than holding his own. A use of chakra scalpels rendered the slave trader unable to flee or engage so physically anymore. Truvo on the other hand had no interest in staying to be caught by shinobi. He was going to attempt his best to flee. Even as the last of the feathers began to fall as if out of the sky above from the jutsu he pushed onward. Proctor would glance back to him and then the slave trader.

It appeared the slave trader had no interest in simply laying there and waiting to be taken in. He was gathering incredibly destructive chakra to his core. For a moment Tengoku wondered what technique he intended to use until he realized the chakra he was gathering was greater than what was needed for most jutsu. His eyes narrowed as he watched and waited to see how this would go. The slave trader was going to shatter his chakra core and explode right where he laid. Too wounded to escape he would at least take this attacker with him. Filling the tunnel with fire and likely collapsing it. If a stop wasn't put to it that was. Yuichi still had time to react but not much. Truvo at this point would be the only one out of the blast radius. Proctor wondered to himself if Yuichi was going to let this lot die and escape the radius himself as well as lose evidence of the slave traders involvement. Or put a stop to the effort one way or another. Perhaps even killing the man before he could get it off. Decisions decisions.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:04 pm

The slave trader's chakra continued to build up, his power elivating well beyond what he would need to deal substantial damage. Yuichi could see the chakra building up, swirling, and sending menacing vibes. It was clear from the menacing aura and the expression on his face he was going to attempt something that Yuichi hadn't even considered a possibility until now. He was going to shatter his chakra core to kill both of them.

The only options Yuichi would consider were trying to prevent him from performing the jutsu or ending the slavers life to save Truvo's guards, who finally both fell unconcious. It all happened in the space between two breaths. Yuichi had already turned on the offensive, making a B-line toward the slaver.

His own chakra built with his forward momentum, reaching a peak as he closed in. A chakra enhanced fist would collide with his jaw with an uppercut, sending the slaver in the air. He didn't loose his focus on the chakra he was building, and before even fully recovering he was already forming handsigns. It was too late to consider other options.

He jumped and and twisted his body, delivering a sideways kick to the slavers right arm. A snap could instantly be heard. Yuichi flowed it up with another enhanced punch, downward this time as he rose above the slaver. Bouncing off the ground, for a moment his eyes rolled back, but then, with his good hand, he finished the handsigns. His chakra finally peaked.

Without even thinking, Yuichi used soft body manipulation, reaching out and delivering a swift, but powerful blow to his oppenents throat. His neck snapped upward, causing his head to move in a way where it slammed against the ground, likely caving in the back of his skull.

Yuichi stayed for just a breif moment to confirm that he had been killed.

"Good job. You did exactly what you should have done," Dosan said.

It still felt somewhat wrong, though, but in the end, he was just a slave trader, and killing him saved at least two lives. He would sulk for a breif moment before remembering that he still had to deal with Truvo. Using his sharingan he was able to tack him by the prints he left behind on the dusty tunnel floor. Truvo attempted to mislead him by altering the tracks, but within just a few short moments Yuichi was able to catch up with him, trying his best to avoid notice as he closed in.

Chakra

164.8 - .2 = 164.6 -11 = 153.6

strength increase from D to C +

Jutsu:

Last edited by Yuichi on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm

Tengoku would watch with a somewhat heavy heart as the hard decision had to be made. Yuichi had done more than act in self defense. He had clearly even tried to render the man unconscious and unable to preform before finishing him. In turn even if they hardly deserved it he had saved other lives. Others who would act as witnesses to the crime or crimes committed. Though if he was being honest this likely wouldn't see the light of day. It would shake the faith in the populace to find out their leadership was so corrupt. That they were vulnerable to those in power instead of protected by them as they should be. Still Tengoku would not sentence a man...even one like Truvo to death without sufficient evidence. The genjutsu finally ended and Tengoku would see that Truvo was nearing the rear of the compound. So it was a back door after all. Tengoku would sigh a moment before shifting. In a flash of speed one moment he was there and the next he had stepped dozens of meters away. Each step carrying him great lengths so any normal eye attempting to track him would lose him entirely. Though this was simply a normal speed for one such as the Hokage.

Still even as he arrived outside it was clear he was catching up to Truvo despite the mans attempts to get away. It appeared he had sustained a light wound earlier from the sword tossed his way. Minor though in nature it was slowing him down. Since he tried to cover his tracks he had to keep the blood from dripping. Since it was on his forearm it wasn't too difficult as he cradled it against his chest. He had raised his arm to block it and save his face so the cut was deep but not lethal. Still he would haul ass once the sound of fighting died off behind him. He hadn't noticed Yuichi catching up even as he glanced over his shoulder however as he panicked. He was alone now. But he was close. He would virtually slide into the back room and pull the lever there. Shifting the stone wall to the side with a loud mechanism. He looked over his shoulder as his foot tapped impatiently. Waiting for it to move enough for him to slip through before his pursuer caught up to him.

Still he would manage to slip out just ahead of Yuichi before turning and stopping dead in his tracks. There in the clearing with the setting sun at his back stood Proctor. The bird ANBU mask hiding him beneath the hooded cloak. However when fleeing an unknown enemy and suddenly running into an ANBU mid escape route...for Truvo it meant he was done. Truvo would drop to his knees and his eyes would widen. All his efforts driven to waste in a matter of minutes. He could hardly believe it. Still he would crouch down and begin sobbing. Smashing his fist into the ground like a child even as Yuichi would arrive behind him. Proctor would simply observe a moment before looking passed the man with those hawk like golden eyes to Yuichi. Speaking to him directly.

"You met his would be victims and saw evidence of his alleged crimes. What will you do now? This is the final part of the exam."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:08 pm

By the time Yuichi caught up with Truvo, Proctor had already made his presence known to the now former politician. Proctor stood with his back to the setting sun. His shadow cast over Truvo, who sobbed in shame shame and frustration. The preditory visage of Proctors mask served a purpose after all. Serving as a protector meant presenting an intimidating image to some people. It certainly worked on the proctor, he gave up completely upon spotting the masked silhouette. His yellow eyes were as peircing as Yuichi's sharingan. Proctor asked Yuichi what he would do, stating that this was his final test.

"Reading Kanara's mind hurt you, do you remember? You already have deep emotional issues. You know he's guilty. You don't have to do this," Dosan said.

It was strange to hear him express concern. Usually, his mental health wasn't Dosan's concern. Even if Dosan was right though, it wasn't going to change what was about to happen. Dosan knew this, and a solem silence fell over them as Yuichi reached out his hand and rested it upon Truvo's head.

The proctor's theory was imediately confirmed. Truvo planned to sell the poor family Yuichi had just encountered into slavery. He didn't need to read his mind to see that, though. Truvo was also responsible for drug traficking, and one of the rooms in his manor had a fake wall hiding a fortune in illigal substances. In fact, Truvo himself had a drinking problem. Suprising considering how effective he was. Yuichi hated booze. Although he was married, Truvo purchased prostitutes and slept around a lot. Slave Trading was unquestionably his worst crime, but in a week alone, he committed at leasts dozen felonies and probably treason.

That was all Yuichi was willing to shift through. He had enough to hate Truvo. Although it left him somewhat shaken, his expression revealed nothing. He wondered what Proctor would want him to do. Rather, what was proper protocal in this situation.

"They are not going to let word of his corruption get out. Either he will be imprisoned for the rest of his life or exicuted as soon as you turn him in. You may as well just skip the trial and kill him now,' said Dosan. His words hung in Yuichi's mind for a moment. He could see through the eyes of every person he had ever killed.

Yuichi would circle around Truvo, kneeling down and inspecting him with his sharingan deactivated. The look in his eyes told Yuichi he was expecting his life to end. A small pool of blood gathered underneath him from the wound on his arm. Yuichi sighed at how pitiful he was. "If you come with us without more resistance, I will heal you."

"Why bother," Truvo said. His voice was almost a whisper.

"Because you deserve to be treated like a human being. I don't have to help you. Your life is about to get really hard. I just thought I could make things a little easier."

Truvo didn't move a muscle, instead choosing to remain hunched over in fetal posision. It was clear that Truvo had no intentions of cooperating. His eyes were desperate and sad. Yuichi stood up, extending his chakra scalpels from the tips of his fingers and running it along the base of his skull, severing his brain stem and killing him instantly.

Then he reach down, placed his hand on Truvo's body, and sent a spike of his chakra into him. The body burst into blue flames. Within seconds, Truvo was gone. He subconsciously felt judged, whether he was or not, and felt the need to explain himself.

"I- I usually don't like to do that. Killing him seemed like the kind thing to do," he said. He made eye contact with proctor to show that he meant it. It wasn't easy, but he beleived it was right. It is a ninja's job, after all, to do what nobody else wants to.

chakra

153.6 - 30.2 = 123.4

Jutsu:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:40 am

Tengoku would not move from where he stood with his arms crossed. He did not interrupt or attempt to offer any guidance. He simply observed and allowed Yuichi to make these decisions of his own accord. There was of course a wrong course of action but he had avoided it at every turn. Other than that each shinobi conducted investigative missions like this differently. Some simply reported what they found while others found it necessary to eliminate a threat on the spot. When his sister and their mission partner had taken a similar mission they had been engaged in close quarters combat. A trap lured for the genin attempting to aid a jounin on a mission. However in turn all the enemy died and despite how Tengoku had disliked the ending....the mission had been a success. However even the Hokage at the time found the public burning of the man in ill taste. Back then he hadn't a mind for the public eye and Masaru had wanted to make an example. One which shook the faith of those in the village for some time. Both because they could not trust their leaders...and because they feared what such wrath could bring down upon their heads.

Even when it was clear Truvo had given up he had no intention of being placed on trial. He would not do more than sit in his melancholy over being caught red handed. Yuichi used the technique Tengoku had seen before and even offered to spare the man pain. Which he did with a swift and decisive strike to the back of the neck. Surgically accurate. Still he seemed calm about all this. That mind reading technique must be useful. Tengoku had to use his skills as a hunter to locate the evidence in his time. Still only once the body began to burn and was wiped away would Tengoku lift his hands. Removing the hood to reveal snow white hair and dog like ears. Next he took off the mask to reveal himself if Yuichi hadn't already guessed. By doing this he released the masks effect of masking his chakra signature and stopped suppressing his chakra. The exam was over and the mission was all but done. All that was left was having a team quietly collect the guards and question them. Deciding their fates at a later time based on extensive questioning. For now Tengoku would speak up in his normal voice.

"I trust your decision has physical evidence to support it. That said the only real wrong way to go about this mission was to strike without a shred of evidence and only your own suspicions. The slave trader can be identified and the guards questioned. But that will all be done quietly. Thanks to your discretion. You remained calm and deliberate though for a moment I thought you weren't taking this very seriously. Still you accomplished the mission with minimal casualties and wiped evidence of your involvement. The only improvement I would suggest is concealing your identity. You make easy enemies otherwise. Tell me Yuichi...how would you assess your performance?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:53 pm

It only took a moment for the body to finish burning, leaving no trace behind. Proctor's reaction was to remove his hood, reveiling his identity the moment his ears were visible. Was discovering his identity a part of the test? Yuichi hoped not. It hadn't even occured to him that that Proctor could be the Hokage.

"I had a guess that it was something like that," Dosan said.

He would brush his silver hair aside and remove his mask, allowing Yuichi to veiw his face. Although it was hard to discern is expression. He told Yuichi that at first, he was worried that he was not taking the mission seriously, but his complemented the way that he handled it. He also suggested that he should conceil his identity for missions like this in the future.

"Your totally right. I should. I'll figure something out for that soon."

Then, he asked Yuichi how he beleived he performed. A question that was difficult to answer. The only time that he did anything like this was at the heavenly imporium. Today was theory put to practice. Proof of his abilities for himself as well. He had nothiung to compare it too. It was doubtful that he performed horribly, after all, he completed the mission with almost no assistance. He suffled his feet for a moment.

"Well, um... I beleive I qualify for advancement, anyway. I'm not sure how well I performed in general. I think I might have been able to handle things better, but things could have gone worse too. The slave - slave trader for example. I would have liked to get what he know out of him. He probably had information that could help us prevent this kind of thing in the future. But I couldn't spare everyone I guess."

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:35 pm

Tengoku would cross his arms with his mask tucking into the crook of his elbow. Listening as Yuichi spoke before glancing back towards the village. The silence of it all was impressive. Not one hint that anything had gone wrong. All of it all had been done in relevant silence to the public view. Even where they stood with the burned ashes was fairly private. Still it was so different from his experience. He had to admit this mission would have been considered flawless in most cases. Two major threats and criminals eliminated with their guards alive to testify. Along with any evidence they were free to locate on the down low. Without the public eye and handling this privately it kept the village running fairly smoothly.

Still Tengoku would roll his tongue along his canines before responding to Yuichi. "You can always find something to chide yourself on if you look. That said you kept this quiet, eliminated two threats and captured people to question. I would like to say that restraint, as you showed here, is often just as important if not more so than the ability to take a life. That said I agree this is promotion worthy. I will file your paperwork as a Jounin from tonight on. I expect you to live up to expectations. Also you are a med nin right? Maybe think of some way to read memories from the very recently deceased. I hear the brain remains active some time after someone dies...sis was a reader. Anyway. "

Tengoku would step over the pile of ashes and look at the rear wall of the mansion as he contemplated something. They would need to cover in the absence of an official in such a way that kept the system running. Well there were some solutions. Albeit temporary ones. Of which Yuichi was uniquely suited for. So Tengoku would continue.

"For now I have a job for you. I want you to investigate this place for any and all evidence. You can involve up to two chunnin but no genin. The less people on this the better. Chunnin know to mind their tongues. Usually. While doing this I need his affairs arranged for the next official to be placed here. Fix some damage to the people. I would start by placing that family and others like them back in their homes. Instead of your spare room. Help those around you but be cautious who you open your home to."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:54 pm

The hokage breifly summerized his performance, and suprised him with a promotion to Jounin. Typically, only the strongest were promoted to Jounin. Yuichi didn't consider himself among that group. He could be stealthy, he could be adaptable, but worthy of being a jounin?

"You grew up learning how to be a shinobi. Every moment of your entire life you were being groomed. By your parent and Konoha. This rank is what all that was for. Feels good, doesn't it?" Dosan said.

The first thing he planned to do was tell his father, it was true. He wondered how he would react. He was largely absent from Yuichi's life, but he cared deeply for his son. Thinking about his father made him realize something: he just surpassed his dad in rank. While his dads bloodline was pure, he should have been strong, but he was lazy and never supassed chunin.

It filled him with a kind of pride that he was unprepared for. A feeling that started in his chest. He could cry, but that seemed unprofessional. In an attempt to hide his expression he bowed, but the overwhelming sensation was apparent in his voice. "Thank you. Thank you."

Tengoku also mentioned an idea he had never considered before. Reading the memories of the dead. Surely it was possible. It was exactly as he said, the brain, more often then not, continued some activity after an individual died. If he tried it, he could almost certainly come up with something. Of course, he would have no solid way of knowing if it worked until he tried it.

"You'll be forced to kill many times as a jounin. We will find out if it's possible."

The idea of reading the memories of somebody he killed made him slightly uneasy, but if it was something the hokage wanted him to he would not question it. "Yes - yes, sir, I don't think that will even be that difficult. Although... nevermind. It would be a very helpful technique if I ever need it."

His first assignment was gathering two chunin and doing a sweep of the mansion. A simple enough job, but still something that would need to be taken seriously. He would probably be able to recruit the chunin easily enough. "I will get started right away."

With that, he started moving to place a the first spot he would like to polace a barrier seal. While recruiting, he didn't want people entering the property while he wasn't looking. Before getting to far though, he would stop and call back, "Oh, thanks again. Until next time."

[exit]

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:41 pm

Tengoku would remain where he stood. He could hear the emotion in the young mans voice but wouldn't do anything more than offer a soft smile. He did not reply to anything Yuichi said for the time being. Instead he would let the boy bask in his ascension and finish up his work so he could celebrate soon. It was good to see that the idea for a mind reading after death jutsu wasn't just fool talk. He wasn't sure about it himself but some of his sisters studies had suggested the most basic of knowledge he had mentioned. He had hopes to place Yuichi as the head of medicine in the future but he was still young yet. Lacking in world experience outside of the peace they had established. He had participated in a couple of important missions however. Not that anyone would really deny the Hokages wishes. Not directly. But they may question it.

As if in light of his thoughts an actual ANBU would raise out of the shadows nearby after Yuichi was gone. A spy Tengoku had worked with before who was a specialist in hiding their presence. Tengoku had placed him on his security detail. A measure to ensure if he didn't see an attacker coming then they would have to deal with an unseen opponent of their own. One who specialized in emphasizing in the moment. It was due to Tengoku he had learned to mask his scent as well as sight and sound. So he respected Tengoku significantly. Still he would step forward all in black with an fox mask. Speaking to Tengoku directly.

"Do you think it wise to promote so many of one clan into power? As it sits they fill almost all the jounin positions. Other clans will have issues."

Tengoku would watch as a barrier was put up. It could attract unwanted attention but it would prevent anyone from wandering in at least. Still he would turn his golden gaze to the anbu next to him. Watching him and waiting for an answer. "If it is primarily Uchiha in power so be it. Keep in mind most of the previous Hokage have been them. If the clans have issues with it...then they should strive to grow their own in power to match them. We are all one village after all. Come its been a long night with death involved. I want to retire for some tea and wash the taste out of my mouth." With that the two would step almost like a flash of movement. Fading back to the village at intense speeds. Very few people were naturally faster than the Hokage....the next on the list being one of them.

exit thread 9 posts
    9x15 = 135 exp

Stats:

Current attunement -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 pm