Title: The Metamorph, Kumo's Master of Forms, "Nagi"
Clan: The Arts and Theatre Guild
Bloodline: Super Beast Imitating Drawing
Skill(s): Fūinjutsu, Ninjutsu [Non-elemental], Taijutsu, [2 stat trades]
Stats [1650 + 2000 (Jounin) + 1000 (stat trade x2) + 1200 (loan) = 5850]
- Strength: B 
- Constitution: C 
- Stamina: C 
- Speed: C 
- Coordination: A 
- Intelligence: B 
- Perception: B 
- Absolute Focus and Fight Smarter:
- Absolute Focus: Naganori slows his heart beat as time almost seems to move at half speed for him, and his pupils become more serpentine. At the cost of 5 chakra, he loses 1 tier of speed in exchange for 1 tier of intelligence.
Fight Smarter, Not Harder: As he releases the tension in his joints and reduces chakra flow to his limbs, Naganori conserves energy more efficiently at the cost of losing power behind his hits. Those with chakra sensory can tell that his reserves condensed, and the movement of his chakra becomes more fluid, consistent, and steady. At the cost of 5 chakra, he loses 1 tier of strength in exchange for 1 tier of stamina.
- Master of Forms:
- Master of Forms: Naganori may enter a thread in either of 2 alternate forms (the chrysalis and butterfly forms below). These forms are Naganori regressed to being physically somewhere between 8-10, and him with a different sex. This ability is time consuming to use and painful. Taking a full post to activate or deactivate this ability can be used in the middle of a thread, but is inefficient as he can’t move during the transformation. While transformed in this way, Naganori has - - in coordination as the ability puts strain on his body and requires precise chakra control. Regardless of whether he is activating or deactivating the ability he can only do so once per thread.
- Artist’s Eye:
- Artist’s Eye for Refinement: Missions with Naganori provide an additional 5 experience bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, Naganori loses that 5 experience when performing missions.
- Getting the Groove Back:
- Getting the Groove Back: After being locked up for so long, it’ll take some time before Naganori gets used to being a regular, 3 dimensional person again. He has an extra 1200 xp to spend at creation that he must pay back before he can gain any further xp.
- 'Butterfly' and 'Chrysalis' Transformations:
History: From a very young age, Naganori showed a talent for ninjutsu. He was far from a prodigy, but his journey through the academy was both relatively quick and remarkable. Through tremendous effort he repeatedly overcame the obstacles presented to him by his instructors. As a lone refugee from the Land of Moon, after his home was ransacked. Everything he wanted was to prove himself a valuable asset of Kumogakure. He traded his playful life that burned up like untended straw in a summer drought, for the honor of being a shinobi. Reaching chunin at the age of eight, he caught the eye of a woman who saw potential in him for a much more thankless path. Through her experimentation and innumerable surgeries on him, slowly Naganori changed from the common, try-hard rabble he once was into something different. He was changed merely by her whim.
Years pass and, though he was a loyal soldier, he begins to seed doubts upon his master and her intentions for the Lightning Country. He leaves Kumo for a time, and discovers himself. He falls in love with the land and its people, and through distant lenses remembers how to feel the attachments of friendship and family. His faeiry tale came and went with the sweet breath of a single spring though. Once again his master laid her deep claws into him. Aiming him this time at the village that protected his new home. She met little resistance from him as she sent him to his death. These broad strokes are what precious little Naganori has from before he was sealed.
Personality: Above all things Naganori is inquisitive. To be ignorant is the ultimate sin. Be it people, chakra, or nations Naganori has a great hunger to know why they tick the way they do. Of these interest the most enchanting for him revolves around his philosophy about conflict. At the center of every conflict lies a profound love. To capture that moment in a piece of fine art is Naganori's greatest of pleasures. True to his code name, Nagi, Naganori is often the most calm in the group, though this is only due in part to his lackadaisical, low energy demeanor. Often, even to his own detriment he'll egg on his peers and enemies simply in the hopes of seeing what makes them tick, their 'why'.
Though either of the circumstances alone are fine, Nagi after over a decade of being sealed has a great fear of being constrained in the dark. He enjoys cute things, the refined but subtle beauty of nature, strong flavored foods, and brash or zealous people.
Maybe because of his want to do better than was done to him, some sort of self-fulfillment, or simply his curiosity, Naganori loves watching those that are weak overcome their own limitations, especially if they teeter and trip on their way to actual greatness. On the flip side, Naganori has a great distaste for those who consider themselves monoliths of virtue or power, perfect and unwavering. For the simple act of knocking them down a peg, he will go to great lengths, even causing great harm or detriment to himself.
Naganori knows what he wishes the Land of Lightning was, and it Will to him is to be a current that moves through its people, from one to another as the strong embolden the weak. Of all the beauty he'd love to capture on canvas, The One who embodies this sits upon the throne of aestheticism.
- A Way, Way Back:
- Go went through most of the Iron Falls Mercenary Corp's formalities when he arrived. He was many weeks later than the group had thought he was going to be so they were ill prepared to receive him, but they gave him a tour around the place, had him sign a contract, and told him the basics - more or less. He had never really gotten to be a part of a big group like this, and he seemed to silently enjoy the atmosphere. After a bit of time attempting to explain his vocal predicament, he headed off to the mission section to grab an information gathering mission. He found a nice space and left most of his stuff there. Not being especially fond of heavily manufactured items, like the studded leather jacket offered to him, Go insisted on passing on the jacket for now until he had the time and resources to get one of his own. Leather was a nice material, but extremely picky as he was when it came to little things like that. After politely taking his leave, he left everything behind taking only the clothes on his back, his scarf, geta, and a hat that now had the Iron Falls sigil of three arrows underneath a sword. With his hair tightly tucked within his hat, Go sprinted off for one of Kiri's many large bodies of water.
Not fully paying attention Go to another step, then two more, then three more, then five more until eventually he was hundreds of meters into the lake. He could feel the water like never before. He could feel the relentless forces that pressured down the mountains carving their path with generations of hard work and perseverance, yet at the same time he could feel the stead fast serenity that came from a community of people that held tight and supported each other. He stood there in the lake perfectly still the water flat as a mirror reflecting and amplifying the calm focus that Go felt in his lungs with each exhale, and the quite power that filled them with each inhale. Go's feet rose and fell as he stood on the very Chi of the water itself, exerting little to none of his own on it. Instead it was more like the chakra like substance flowing through the water beneath him traveled up his body one one side and then poured out on the other side. Go almost felt like this mighty and powerful Lake was replacing and transmuting all of the Chi in his body into its own, and he let it. He let himself become like water. His body began to slowly move, but at a rate so slow it was difficult to notice at a glance. Ten minutes passed, and he had executed a side block. The palm of his right hand faced upwards and guided an imaginary blow away from his core. Twenty minutes later he had continued the motion and had almost completely turned three hundred and sixty degrees clockwise while rotating ever so slowly on his left foot. Thirty minutes after that his left hand closed into a fist and struck his imaginary foe in the solar plexus.
His moves became slower and slower as he continued to strike down invisible foes until hours passed and a mild gale began to pick up lifting the waves a few feet into the air then pushing them back down just as far. The ninja training to be like water began to speed up slightly as the waves began to pick up. This was why he came, he had been waiting and preparing for this storm. A mixture of mist condensing on his form and sweat beading down his body had soaked his body in the four hours since his arrival, but he didn't bother to dry of since a rainstorm was predicted to come through. He only continued filled with the passion that he had seen before, his footwork becoming tighter, his blocks becoming firmer, and his counters crisper. He danced on the waves like wind through a chime while the water moved under him like a snake through the sand. Every time the surface he stood on dropped down dramatically, he stayed with it blocking low and then countering high. Every attempt it made to launch him in the was met with him maintaining contact, blocking high, and again striking at the Lake's imaginary opening below. He continued to dance as the Lake grew more and more ferocious and as rain began to pierce through its surface. Thoughts of the Corp and of the village began to grow far away from his mind as his training intensified.
- Another xp:
- It was an early morning start for Atsushi, same as every morning. Hotaru had already made her way to the young Hinode's house. She was a regular visitor in this place, and as she pushed the door ajar a warm, expecting smile greeted her. The reason why she was early today was simple she could smell that the genin she came to visit oh so frequently had begun cooking already before even the sun had risen from the depths of the sky. She would lay on the toasty, steam-warmed, tile floors, indulging in this human comfort as the rich meaty smell of pork filled the kitchen. Atsushi would look over to Hotaru shit eating grin spreading across his face, "Smells good doesn't it?" He'd look over to the massive wok he had in front of him and the fatty meat sizzling and approaching the moment of its perfection. He'd reach over head into a cabinet grabbing two large bowls, transferring the meat into them both filling them to their six inch deep rim.
Atsushi and Hotaru would sit on the floor of the next room over, the wolf with the large bowl in front of her, head buried in it as she inhaled the delicately cooked meat. Atsushi sat legs crossed across from her with his own foot wide bowl in his lap shoving piece after piece into his mouth almost as if he was racing the great beast across from him, almost matching her piece to piece but eventually losing as she would finish first, licking the still warm juices from her friends kill off the perimeter of her maw. "Whoooo. That was seriously delicious." Atsushi would exhale deeply as he finished his meal, grabbing the pint of water next to him chugging it down. "Ah. Mmm, Hotaru, I wanted to tell you. I won't be here the next couple of days. I've got to make a delivery pretty far away for one of the village's missions, so could you make sure to keep the furnace fed." The wolf would growl snarkily at him. "No." She'd repeat herself. "I swear I wasn't bribing you. I do really need you to take care of the place while I'm out. If anyone, and I mean anyone comes by try to stay out of their way. There have been some kill missions for some local aggressive wolves in the area, and if anything were to hap..." He'd trail off deciding the words were best left unspoken.
I am bad at the combats, so here is a thread of me getting rekt with jojo style jutsu names!
Last edited by Naganori on Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:29 pm; edited 5 times in total