Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Rat Roundup

Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Village : N/A

Rat Roundup Empty Rat Roundup

Post by Gyokusho Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 pm

8b8524e1cf18cdd1502e613de251ee74.jpg
    Spoiler:

Well now, for a first mission this one seemed nothing too stressful. And, it was helping out an establishment with which he was familiar, though he did not frequent it much due to its proximity to the main entrance of the village, making it a tourist hot spot and somewhere he preferred to avoid as much as possible. Unless he was on tour of course. Either way, he mused amusedly to himself about helping out this place of drink and debauchery. Giving back, he supposed some might call it. He shrugged and continued walking down the promenade, roughly in the direction of the location of the mission.

And so he sauntered quite splendidly down the wide avenue, resplendently dressed in a well-fitted charcoal jumpsuit with pastel pink racing stripes. Upon his face he wore a new make of shade, an entirely spherical piece of glass which encircled the whole of his head, shielding now only his eyes but also a thin band of his noggin in the protective color of a vibrant, neon blue. He held a thick, crystal tumbler in his hand which he had picked up from a local tavern. To be honest, he had no idea what this ninja life would be like, but in the cool of the still-early morning, he meandered to the sidewalk in front of the afflicted business. The mission summons claimed he would have a partner on this mission, though it neglected to say who that would be.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Strength: E++
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coord: X
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A+

Anonymous

Rat Roundup Empty Re: Rat Roundup

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:18 am

Rats...why did it have to be rats? Ugly vermin, carriers of plague and just generally an indicator of filth. Rodents may have made perfectly fine pets but only if they were kept clean and decently domesticated. These rodents plaguing the establishment mentioned in the mission scroll were not. A part of Yamamoto was regretting taking on this mission but...she needed the money and fighting chakra pill empowered rats DID provide a good training exercise.

She strode down to the Promenade, form wrapped in a simple garb consisting of jacket, shirt and trousers. She carried a wooden Shinai over her shoulder. Contrary to the level of quality Yamamoto would normally wear, this garb was surprisingly shabby. It bore a noticeable amount of repair, patches and replacement stitchwork as was befitting the outfit’s purpose as Yamamoto’s training garb.

She walked towards the establishment in question and walked inside, mostly ignoring the strange figure outside. She had not been informed what her partner looked like and so, apart from a brief glance at the glass head, barely any attention was paid to him.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Not fully paying attention to what transpired around him, a smaller figure ghosted furtively past the tall blond and into the quarantined establishment. He blinked once, then twice behind his absurd eyewear and abruptly spun to enter the bar as well, dropping his glass in the process and causing a small shattering sound which spilled briefly into the pub as he entered. Peering in, it took his eyes a moment to adjust to the suddenly darker interior as he scanned about for the person who just came in. She had to be his partner, right? Who else would enter into somewhere infested by roided rats? With only his torso peaking into the large foyer, he spotted the jacketed figure striding forward before speaking up loudly.

Hello my fellow ninja. Have you also been sent for this rat problem? He gestured at a rolled up scroll in his right hand. I think we are in this disgusting task together. He slid his eyes up and down the figure regardless of whether she turned and saw the wooden sword at her side. While not the absolutely most observant person, Osha was fairly quick on the uptake and more or less guessed that this person before him was a right and proper ninja. You may well be more prepared for this than I am though. Is this normally the sort of thing that the central administration has us handle? I always assumed things would be much more... clandestine.

Meanwhile, a representative -likely the owner- had emerged from the back area at the behest of the double bell from the opening door, but upon witnessing the scene before merely stood staring for a time before clearing his throat politely. "Did the Kage send you? We can't open until these rats are taken care of so please hurry!"

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:37 am

Her ears perked up, the sound of shattering glass attracting Yamamoto to the door. That fishbowl figure from outside filled the entrance had now walked into the establishment, revealing blond locks and porcelain skin but of most note was the way he walked. An elaborate swagger and a great deal of other over exaggerated movements, all very wasteful seeming to Yamamoto, caused her to quirk an eyebrow up at this new piece on the board.

“I am and oh? Were you expecting assassination missions? Theft? Other clandestine acts? Hmmm well, I am sure such things are assigned to the more veteran Shinobi but alas, we are simply the bottom rung.” Yamamoto had only recently graduated from the academy but from her experiences so far, it was safe to say that yes, this was the nature of the missions assigned to the more rookie graduates.

She turned back to face the newly arrived owner, at least that was her assumption, and smiled ever so slightly in a manner that could only really be described as neutral.

“Tell us about these rats. The scroll mentioned they have eaten chakra pills, but it did not mention what effect this had upon them, nor have we been informed how many there are.” She gripped her sword firmly, thinking back to the times she had trained with cutting down swallows. She would need her sharpest reflexes today, that was for sure.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:29 pm

He cocked his head as he entered, listening to the woman speak as she deftly summarized exactly what he had thought the life of a warrior might amount to. Certainly something beyond mere pest control. In a city of this size one would reasonably think that this poor venue owner could call an exterminator and not a super soldier. But, he was no economist and did not have much of any interest in trying to make orderly the finances of the shinobi world, so instead he simply responded Well… yeah I suppose that was what I was thinking. But you’re right, that sort of thing would only be forced upon the more accomplished ninja.

He shrugged blithely as he moseyed just a bit close to his partner before saying, rather abruptly, Oh, I’m Gyokusho, by the by, and then turning with her to face the man in question as she queried about the beasties they would hunt together. He nervously wrung his hands as he explained his predicament.

”Ok well, they have gotten rather large,” and he took a moment to pantomime something roughly the size of a small dog. ”And they have gotten aggressive. We can’t even go into the kitchen. That ‘s where they’ve holed up. It must be their nest. I think they’re are only a few, but they’re just so ferocious.”

The entire time he spoke Gyo made various faces of sheer disgust at the mere thought of these filthy rats, let alone giant mutant rats. He eyed his partner and her wooden sword, hoping that it would prove useful; he had almost no combat skills to speak of. Now, if he had finally gotten around to making a puppet maybe it could do the fighting for him, but he hadn’t so it couldn’t. How dreadful. Still, he put on his game face and pointed dramatically to the door to the kitchen, sparkles flying off him and his extended finger. Alright you mangey rats, today you meet your maker! And with that, he strode forward, hoping so earnestly that Yamamoto would follow.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:27 am

As rude as it may have seemed, Yamamoto focused on what the client had to say over the introduction of her partner. She did take note of it, but to her it was simply the lesser priority right now. Her gaze remained focused upon the owner of the establishment, ears attentive and bushy tailed as she took in the details of the situation.

“Hmm...yes it does make sense that they would be so territorial if they feel their nest is threatened.” Rats the size of a small dog and highly territorial to boot. Yamamoto brought her hand up to her, caressing it slowly in deep contemplation. The obvious and direct solution would be to simply charge in and slay the rats but that was an inelegant solution and quite simply inefficient, not to mention the health risks.

“Do not worry sir. Myself and my associate shall handle this. Would you be willing to leave the keys with us if you plan to leave for the day? Simply for the security of your establishment?”

“Sure. I’ve a spare set.” He reached into his outfit’s pocket and removed a single spare key, handing it to the Kunoichi. With a respectful bow of her head she pocketed the key before turning to her partner, intending to share a plan she was cooking up.

“My name is Yamamoto. I think we would b-hey wait!” But it was too late. Gyo had charged in, dramatic and bold as a bull. However, regardless of what he was expecting Yamamoto had stayed back. The sight of the kitchen was disastrous. Opened cupboards, torn apart packaging, half eaten food strewn across the floor, knocked over pots and at the centre of it all? Two overgrown rats, gnawing on a bone of meat.

Immediately, the rodents turned to face Ryo and pulled their lips back, fur standing on end as they stood on their hind legs. They then began to make a series of vocalisations, consisting of a combination of angry wheezing and snorting. They would make mock lunges before pulling back, growing louder and angrier. If Ryo did not back out of the kitchen the rats would charge, jumping up onto opposite worktops, running towards the Shinobi before leaping through the air to bite at his face.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:27 am

Tossing the door to the kitchen open proved not the best tactic as the rats almost immediately looked upon him and began to chatter disconcertingly. After that brief introduction, they began to surge forward. He quickly slammed the door and twirled, pinning it shut with his rather substantial body and looking frantically from side to side, though his eyes remained somewhat obscured by his very cool spectacles. He breathed heavily for a second or two before righting himself, shaking his hair out elegantly, and striding back over to Yamamoto.

Well yes, they're certainly in there and quite angry by the looks of it. He brushed off his jumpsuit in what one could honestly say was a convincingly casual gesture before clapping his hands together, apparently unperturbed, and continued speaking. Ok Yamamoto, you were saying? I myself was thinking a measured approach might be best? Perhaps a trap of some sort?

He had really hoped that she would follow and perhaps pummel them with some fancy swordsmanship, but he may have mistook her. He had kind of assumed this was also the sort of thing an aspiring ninja may seek, the opportunity to butcher some wild animals and practice their ability with steel. But no so, it seemed. No matter, having surveyed the room he still felt confident that they could clean this up without much difficulty. A quick survey showed 5 rats, at least visible. Considering how eagerly they gorge themselves on the foodstuff, I feel confident that there aren't any more in hiding.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:49 am

“Back so soon?” She wore a knowing and almost smug grin, amused at how quickly her partner had slammed the door shut and decided that discretion was the better part of valour this day. As rude as it may have seemed, a small part of the Kunoichi wished to burst out laughing but luckily enough she managed to restrain herself and instead focus on the matter at hand. Originally, she had in fact been planning to take the direct solution and deal with this that way but that was no longer tenable. 

“Yes. Rats are often fond of meat, at least city ones are according to my more learned neighbour, and I know from common knowledge that bleach is rather hazardous to humans and most animals. My idea is this, you go buy some cheap bacon from a store and I go buy some extremely strong bleach. Soak the bacon in bleach and throw it into the kitchen then hope the rats don’t mind the smell.” Her idea hinged on whether the rats would care about the bleachy smell or not.

“Hmm…. go buy some barbecue sauce or something that smells equally strong and meaty. If only to cover up the odour of bleach.” On account of living by her lonesome and doing all the housework, Yamamoto was more than familiar with bleach’s health risks and the odorous assault upon her noses it always made. 

“Are we in agreement then?” If the answer were yes, Yamamoto would simply take her exit, heading out into town to find a nearby store from which she could buy some gloves and bleach, unless of course Gyo had any issues with it.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 pm

While one could easily have interpreted the woman's knowing smile as disrespectful, it only brought a likewise smile to Gyo's face after he had been so handily defeated by a pack of rats. He might prove a bit pompous and probably too reckless for his own good, but he certainly was no stick in the mud who couldn't laugh at himself and, from her perspective, he reasoned that watching him run up to the door only to slam it shut mere seconds later was doubtlessly comical. He snickered softly to himself before she continued, whereupon he almost immediately interjected prior to her discussion of barbeque sauce.

A most excellent idea! he explained, raising a finger up near his face almost as if the idea had just struck him and not his partner. When she continued on he spoke up again, almost as if completing her thoughts but not until after she had finished them. To cover the smell! Yes how clever, how devious! I will get some barbeque sauce for that, and perhaps some bonito flakes, they have a strong odor. These rats will have no idea what him them! Always a bit of a man of action, he nodded once to her, once to the owner who stood nearby apparently petrified by the whole exchange, and finally turned on his heal to glide out of the building.

Roughly fifteen minutes later he returned, stumbling into the building with obscured vision as the parcels he carried towered in front of his face. He had not merely brought some bacon but in fact had purchased a large roast as well as some various ham hocks and beef bones. He had thought about some chicken, but ultimately decided against it as he already had too much stuff. Additionally, in a small bag upon his left wrist he carried some barbeque sauce, fish sauce, dried bonito flakes, and sesame oil. A host of delicious and powerfully scented items to hopefully mask the toxic chemicals which which they would dispatch these rodents.

He, additionally, had purchased two bottles of Champaign and, between these and the meats he had acquired, he began to set them out on the counter unwrapping the various foods and setting up all the bottles. He spoke once he had finished, So I think we should apply the bleach first and the flavor components after. That seems our best bet of maximizing the meatiness and minimizing the bleach scent.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:34 am

Off Yamamoto went, having explained the plan to her partner and ensured he understood the details of it. She stepped out of the door, made her way to the nearest store and grabbed a big bottle of the strongest bleach they had. It was an expectedly easy affair, this purchasing of cleaning supplies and nobody really questioned or opposed her. After all, what reason did they? It was only bleach and not the anime kind.

She returned to the bar rather swiftly, unsurprisingly finding herself back before her associate. The Kunoichi positioned herself upon a vacant barstool, Shinai propped up next to her, and simply waited. It was not a long wait as roughly five minutes later, Gyo returned with a... simply frightful amount of meat, champaign and who knows what else. Yamamoto could only stare, so caught off by this unexpected amount of produce that she simply shut down while coming to terms with it.

“I... Bahahaha did you buy the entire butcher’s supply?” She pulled herself back together, hopped off her stool and walked towards her partner, taking the parcels that obscured his view before placing them atop the bar. She went through the packages and placed some of the meat, but not all of it, outside the door to the kitchen hoping that the wafting scent would excite the rat’s appetites.

“Yes, I think that makes sense. I’ll go grab a bowl or something.” Yamamoto retreated behind the bar, rummaged around the stuff she could find there before standing back up with a large metal bucket, seemingly the one used for chilling champagne, and a pair of gloves.

“I’m not sure the alcohol will really help but...well, let us give this a go eh? Bleach first, then the bacon. Get a pair of gloves on. Bleach is nasty on your skin.” Yamamoto pulled the gloves over her hands before pouring a decent glug or two of bleach into the bucket, awaiting her associate to dunk the bacon in.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:08 am

As the hitherto quite professional Yamamoto burst out laughing, Gyo did as well, his loud and resonant laugh echoing in the establishment. I suppose I did, but I do tend to get carried away. Who knows, maybe these mutant rats will appreciate the showmanship! Together they separated out all of their items and prepared the preparations for their dastardly deed. Poor rats, all things considered, but a job was a job.

The man slapped on a pair of rubber gloves as well with a loud snap and rapidly opened up the package of bacon as well as opening up the additional scent items. Within moments the entire store filled up with the mouth-watering aroma of the various meats and the succulent umami of the bonito and barbeque flavors. He allowed her to handle the the roast as he picked up the bacon to treat it with a coating to mask the bleach as much as possible..

He chattered idly as they worked, Oh no, the champagne is for after, when we celebrate! It felt like a waste not to pick some up when it was right there. He picked up bonito and barbeque into one of the serving pitchers behind the bar that he helped himself to and tossed in a bit of salt as well from one of the pinch pots, not totally sure if rats really cared about that sort of thing or not. He then used that as a kind of wet rub for the bacon, draping the finished pieces along the edge of the pitcher as though in a shrimp cocktail.

Using his height to peer over the bar, he located a sheet pan, perhaps for condiments or simply for a makeshift serving tray, and once he had finished treating the bacon he layered it in a shingle pattern to easily wrap around the various items. Assuming Yamamoto had also finished, he would accept the haunch of meat from her to wrap, allowing her to soak the bones, which he could also then wrap. And in no tie at all, they had their trap, as well as a tray to transport it on.

All right! Shall we dispense with these filthy pests? Once they had wrapped them up, and unless Yamamoto had nothing else she wished to do, he would pick up the tray and tip toe over to the door in a stark contrast to his previous bull rush. With his hands full, he would indicate with his head and non-verbal mouthing for her to open the door, whereupon he would place the tray quickly on the floor and slide it in. He trusted her to close it then.Rats don’t have very good vision, so I think we can watch them from the little waiter’s window thing they have on the door here.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:40 am

“Oh? I do not drink Gyo-san.” Alcohol was not something she really...cared for. She had tried a small variety of alcoholic beverages in her life and none of them had really agreed with her, or perhaps she had never agreed with them? Either way, the swordswoman did not enjoy them and at that, she had very little reason to even join Gyo to celebrate after the mission. She was still intending to but not out of any desire to celebrate. She simply had a reputation to maintain.

Yamamoto grabbed the roast and dunked it into the bowl, rolling it over and over, rubbing the bleach into its meaty folds and allowing the hunk to simply soak up the bleach. There was surprisingly little for her to do, as poisoning the roasts was a rather simple affair that required more waiting than any active effort although in truth, Yamamoto was not entirely sure how this would work and was simply going off what common sense told her; rather than anything more scientific like experience or medical texts.

After a good ten minutes of soaking, she removed the roast from the bowl before handing it to Gyo who got to work wrapping it up. Then she waited, advancing over to the kitchen door and looking through the window, keeping an eye on the rats. They were still running rampant through the kitchen, tearing at food, knocking things over and just generally making a real mess of things.

Yamamoto turned her focus back to Gyo and nodded, pulling the door open so he could slip the food in and retreat safely. The door was immediately released, allowing it to shut. It was fortunate the door was rather weighty, hopefully enough so to keep the rats inside with the meat.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:32 pm

How strange, to not drink. He had heard of this sort of behavior, of course, but mostly from colleagues who had proven time and again that they could not handle themselves. Something about his newfound friend suggested that she did not fall into this category, so why deny oneself? Another mystery of the ninja; so stoic and, in so many ways, backwards. A living anachronism maintained exclusively by the hard won knowledge of chakra handed to them by their ancestors, and now he one of them. Shrugging, he simply said, No matter then, I'm sure we can whip up a delicious virgin.

And then they were off, tossing in the dangerous goods to the mutant rodents. For chilling seconds he peered through the small window, eyes set just to the level of the bottom rim as he hid from the rats' gaze. The continued scurrying about, moving along the edges of the room until, finally, after what felt like an eternity, a nose perked up, and then another! With baited breath he, and likely Yamamoto, watched as the rats encircled the feast before them and began to dig in.

Immediately upon the first bite, Osho's hand flew into the air in a fist to exclaim their magnificent victory. Foolish rats. Away they went, digging into the delectable wrappings and picking up bites of the soft and deadly interior as they went. At their present rate, even if their noses told them not to eat the inner meats they would likely have already imbibed a deadly does of bleach. However, they proceeded to chow down vigorously; perhaps the mutations of the chakra pill had given them an insatiable appetite. Something to be looked into for future reference no doubt.

After a short while the rats did stop eating and wandered away from the tainted food. Likely as they continued to eat and their senses were suffused with the bleach they began to dimly realize their mistake, but by now they had gone far beyond the point of no return. Without a huge amount of basis, he assumed that the chakra pills may very well increase metabolism and may expediate the rats' deaths. Gyo reached out and grabbed a pair of high-top chairs to slide in front of the door, just in case the rats attempted to escape in their last minutes. Unlikely that they could, considering the heft of the doors, but better safe than sorry.

While the manager had disappeared to somewhere, Gyo still took the opportunity to chastise the establishment. The very touristy places on the main promenade always have problems like this. Easy money from visitors breeds this inattention to detail and they probably should hire an exterminator. You don't get mutant rats without having rats in the first place. As he spoke he sashayed off to the bar, helped himself to the contents, and began cracking an egg's white into a shaker to concoct something. Nothing too sweet, judging by the intense and intelligent behavior of Yamamoto so far. As he worked, he asked, Do you think we are also to dispose of the bodies?

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:34 am

Yamamoto sighed softly, scratching the side of her head with her free hand. She had been originally planning to simply take her leave once the mission was over but as Gyo-san seemed so insistent, Yamamoto decided that she would perhaps stay for a while and entertain her associate’s proposal. She still had no idea what a “virgin” was, at least not in the context of a beverage anyway. Hopefully, it was not the OTHER meaning of virgin, as that was just a level of awkwardness nobody would want to deal with.

“I trust they are eating it?” Yamamoto peaked over Gyo’s shoulder, watching the rats rip through the food with the voracity and hubris of a king of ancient Greece before wandering off once they had eaten. She stepped back to allow the door to be blocked with the chairs before retreating to the bar, sitting herself down upon one of the unused stools, ideally lounging around to wait until the rats dropped dead.

“Clean up?..Hmmm I don’t think so. The mission did not specify what it meant by “take care of the rats...you realise drinks weren't thrown into the mission right? You may want to pay for that~ Don’t bother making me anything though.” The kunoichi ignored Gyo’s chastisement of the establishment, uninterested and unbothered by such a thing. As far as she was concerned, the poor rat care had provided her a decent paying job and perhaps she would be presented with more in the future.

“Mm..and now we wait.” As much as Yamamoto knew she could have simply left and let the rats die on their own, that would have simply been irresponsible. She wished she had brought a book or something to occupy her time with but oh well.
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Oh yes, they seem quite thrilled at their veritable feast. I would imagine these mutations have caused a much greater hunger in the creatures than previously exhibited. I'm doubtful whether they could restrain themselves if they liked. At that point he drifted over to the bar to begin his mixing, leaving Yamamoto to observe the poor creatures. In retrospect he was very pleased that Yamamoto had suggested a more measured approach, though it had still surprised him that she did not want to rush in and bash them on the head. Perhaps she needed a live blade.

He hummed his affirmation when his partner pointed out that the mission did not indicate that clean up had been mandated; he enjoyed the way she thought. By this point he had finished his elegant shaking, a dry shake for the foam, and poured out a bright pink drink with a foamy white head into a coup. By the time Yamamoto finished indicating that she did not want any, he had already skewered a lemon twist which he placed beautifully across the rim while blinking twice at Yamamoto. From him issued a sparkling laugh, closer to a giggle, as he poured himself a white Russian and brought the coup over to Yam, near the high top just outside the door. Oops, I already made your drink. Virgin Clove Club, so no alcohol. It's usually a touch sweet but I tossed in a splash of bitters to cut that down a bit. You do not seem the sweet beverage type. He place the lovely drink next to her and sipped his own, eyes wandering to the window where the rats had begun to slow, a few of them slinking away from the meat pile.

Oh I know, this is all just fun money. Dining and dashing is very poor form in either case. It seems that the rats may be starting to feel the effects. They've begun to steer clear of those tasty morsels. Just a matter of time now before they kick it. The ice of his glass clinked quietly as he swirled it, starring off idly though a window. He took another sip before speaking up again; they had a bit of time left to kill. You appear to take the way of the sword, yes? Why the ninja life for you? What made this, he gestured with a sweep to the door behind him, particularly attractive to you?

Last edited by Gyokusho on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:57 pm

“Hmmm then we simply have to wait. Time is ultimately on our side.” And so, Yamamoto waited, patiently and silently, her form as still as a statue and as peaceful as a stream. Her eyes remained firmly locked on the rodents through the kitchen door window, even if it was rather difficult or next to impossible to see what was occurring from her seat at the bar. Little could disturb her. Gyo’s preparation of drinks, the drink itself or the ambiance caused by the creation of the drink.

In fact, when Gyo placed the drink in front of her Yamamoto ignored it. Utterly and completely. She cast it not even a single glance, her focus an unbroken thing locked exclusively upon the kitchen. It was only when Gyo asked why she had taken on the life of a shinobi that her gaze returned to him, tilting sideways in a display of minor confusion. She was not confused about the question but more how to answer.

“Hmm...who knows?” Her expression was a neutral thing, devoid of emotion but seemingly locked in a perfectly polite smile, refusing to change or respond to external stimuli in any way. In a single gentle motion, she rose from her seat, stepped towards the kitchen door and took a long look through its window. The rats had all seemingly died, for they were lying about upon the floor and countertops, static and immobile.

“Hmmm...in truth, it simply seemed the natural thing.” That was not entirely the real answer, in fact it was not even remotely close to her motivation in walking the path she was on, but it was sufficient to satisfy the question posed, or so she hoped. Yamamoto grasped the furniture and pulled it free from the door, before pushing her way into the kitchen and as expected, none of the rats charged at her.

“Hey? I think they’re all dead.” That proved to not be the case, as the moment Gyo entered the room one of the rats erupted from a nearby pile of pots and pans, flying towards Yamamoto. What was mere moments for everyone else felt like an age for Yamamoto. Her gaze snapped to the rat, fire tore along her nerves, chakra spread throughout her system and inside her mental space she heard the click of a switch ring out.

In a single motion Yamamoto swung her wooden sword through the air, striking the rat down to the ground. She snatched a knife from a nearby rack and leaped through the air, discarding the wooden training sword and holding the startled rat down. The disorientation of the impact had been enough to buy Yamamoto the opportunity she needed and so, with a single unflinching thrust she buried the kitchen knife into the rat’s throat. Arterial blood sprayed freely, staining her forehead yet when she rose from the dead rat and turned to face Gyo her smile remained utterly unaffected.

“Please, be more careful.”

stats, jutsu and stuff:
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin

Post by Gyokusho Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:57 pm

With almost no change to his posture whatsoever, it appeared that perhaps Gyo had entirely failed to notice the lunging rat and the heroic defense provided by Yamamoto. In truth, the whole affair simply moved too quickly for him at his current pace. Perhaps had he a weapon of any sort on his person he could have defended himself with his dexterity alone, but the rat almost certainly possessed more physical strength than he did. Lucky then for his partner's quick action and impressive reflexes. Such raw speed.

With the woman's assault the final rat perished, concluding their mission. Osho grabbed a pair of towels from a shelf and used one to dab at the flecks of blood on his hands while he extended the second to Yamamoto, who was much more stained by the sudden flash of combat. He had not failed to notice her moment's hesitation at his question, and this puzzled him a bit. In his very limited experience, shinobi tended to find great excitement in their chosen profession, but he supposed this could not hold true for all.

Thank you for your help, Yamamoto-san. Regardless of your motivations, I think you have already proved a more talented student of war than myself. He tossed the used towel onto the table as he led the way out of the now blood-soaked pantry which reeked of bleach, removing a stack of ryo from a pocket and depositing it on the counter of the bar. Though she had not asked, Osho offered a bit of information about himself anyway. I was only recently drafted. A hazard of living in a village run off of military might I suppose. With the war still raging, I suspect that at some point in the near-ish future I'll be sent off to die in a ditch somewhere. And just when things seemed to have been going so well for me. He peered off at the collection of liquor bottles on shelf, eyes combing the labels for just a moment before turning back to Yamamoto as he made his way to the front door.

They will likely send you as well, depending on how badly things go, but I think you'll probably fare better than myself. If somehow we both live, we should do this again sometime though. I'll find a drink you like, guaranteed, and I can make you a real sword too. He smiled then, one of his classic stage smiles that seemed to radiate a light from within himself, donned once more his ridiculous circular sunglasses, and made his way out of the establishment. Rather than another night out on the town, he felt the safety of his home calling to him.

Possible exit

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:41 am

She placed the rat into a nearby sink and took the offered towel, wiping her face clear of the crimson fluid staining it. She maintained her enhanced level of speed just in case another rat had managed to hold onto life for a few moments longer than the rest but luckily enough, none seemed to have escaped death’s embrace. She did listen to what Gyo had to say on the front of his concerns regarding his feelings about being drafted and sent off to a ditch somewhere but in truth? She had nothing to say on the subject. Everyone died one day. All you could really do was decide when and how.

“I have no need for a real sword. I already have one. Enjoy the rest of your day Gyo-san.” She went around the entire kitchen, checking each and every rat’s body to ensure they were in fact corpses. Once satisfied that they were in fact all definitely, utterly and completely dead (something she confirmed by prodding the rats and then checking for any breathing or a pulse) the swordsman would return to the public idea of the gastro pub intending to take her leave.

She wrote a note on a sheet of paper she found and placed it upon the counter, pinned down under her un-touched drink. It explained the situation, how the rats were dead and just a general breakdown of the day's events. Then, she left via the front door, locking it behind her and pushing the keys through the letter box and made her way home. She hoped that would be sufficient to explain the situation and that her employer had no qualms cleaning up. She had not paid to clean up after all. It was an easy trip to return home.

(Possible exit)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am