Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Heavensent (HE)

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: 460,837

Heavensent (HE) Empty Heavensent (HE)

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:56 am

Looking up at it, Ashitaka decided that the Heavenly Emporium was perhaps the most aptly-named thing that he'd ever seen. Descending from the clouds to rest gently above the tops of the tallest trees of the gigantic Senju forest, the gargantuan mercantile center was an awe-inspiring testament to the power of unbridled human greed. And not content to lay back and remain a victim to such a force, he chose instead to rise up and make himself a beneficiary of it. So it was that he leapt up onto one of the landing platforms intended for such a purpose and started to make his way inside looking for something that few who visited sought, and far fewer qualified for: employment.

The 11-year-old strode with the confidence of a young man who knew of his power and abilities, yet retained the humble temperament of one who had faced utter defeat but was willing and able to overcome it. It was a rare balance to see in any person, let alone a prepubescent child. Then again, that was just one of several traits that were more or less unique to Ashitaka Inuzuka Senju. As he approached the facility's actual gates, he bowed in greeting to one of the guards.

"Excuse me, Sir." he asked in his typically polite manner, "I'm seeking employment here as a craftsman. Could you please direct me to where I need to go to apply?"

Heavensent (HE) Empty Re: Heavensent (HE)

Post by Okane Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:10 pm

The guard would be a man with a tall lanky build and a dark pony tail running down his back. He had a very formal appearance to him as did the guard in the matching uniform currently having a smoke some feet away from the gate. They didn't seem all that impressive really as far as guards went but they still stood proper. Or at least this one did. He was standing tall with his left hand on his hip and his right hand resting with his wrist on the hilt of a rapier. His uniform was a dark blue with gold trim and brass buttons. A high collar that was unbuttoned on the last button to make up for the heat. Still his narrow eyes would take in the young boy approaching. Wild in appearance but still they weren't acting in a hostile nature. He would shift to look to the kid fully before the young man spoke. He would frown a little before glancing up to the sky to see where the sun was. It was early yet so he would grunt before looking back to the kid and speaking in a gruff voice.

"The prince is likely in the garden this early in the mornin. Ye will need to head to the north eastern part of the emporium and enter through the black gate surrounded by hedges. You can't miss him once you enter."

....................................................................................................................

Okane was in fact in the massive garden. Rows of cherry tree's in full bloom with gardens of assorted flowers filling the air with a lovely scent. All of it placed perfectly in rows and maintained flawlessly by the gardeners. The ground itself was coated in a layer of lush green moss instead of grass which was soft to step on with a small pond to the right. Filled with glistening large fish and pearl white rocks stacked along the sides with a single piece of bamboo filling with water until it dropped and dumped it out with a click and then when it was empty rose once more with another tap. Repeating the process over and over again. In the center of it all was a gazebo where a butler was preparing honey tea and biscuits with strawberry jam. Oddly there were multiple cups and folded cloths on the tray as if Okane was always prepared for company. The Gazebo itself was made from red wood and had a small circular table with pearls fitted into it and pearl white lawn chairs.

Okane himself was walking quietly through the cherry trees barefoot. Tight black pants clung to his legs as he moved. Held up on his waist by crisscrossed belts. The belt below had a silver clasp with the symbol of the Stag, representing the Emporium he created. The belt above was gold plated and had the symbol of his clan, members known for their impressive steel release. He had changed it from his name after a recent meeting with a prominent cousin. His pale chest was bare but not sickly thin. Over his shoulders was a long black fur coat that hung there loosely. His black hair was long to nearly his chest with jewels made of jade and garnets beaded into it. An ebony crown with horns sat on his temples with the symbol of Iron in the center. His eyes almost seemed to glow green even in the morning light. And as he moved it seemed almost mystical as golden flower petals seemed to slowly float out behind him and fade away to nothing as they touched the ground. There could be no doubt that this must be Okane. The Prince of Iron and Grand Merchant.

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Unlike virtually any prior interaction he had with adults, this one was actually helpful rather than dismissive or condescending. Ashitaka found the difference to be refreshing, if a little strange.

"Thank you sir, I hope your day continues to be..." he thought about what to say to indicate that he was grateful for the cooperation and cognizant of the man's position. "...uneventful."

With a parting bow, he headed inside in the direction he was told the man he should look for would be. This was the second time he'd heard the title "Prince" referring to a currently-living person, the first being himself. And that of course was a newly-appointed title granted him by a being that he had little trust in, but which seemed to be embraced by the returning Senju well enough. It seemed that Desiyama's proposed method of selecting a leader was as short-lived as her reign. There were of course the daimyo, but the average shinobi including Ashitaka had so little interaction with them that they might as well have been mythical.

All that said, he ran a hand through the hair on the side of his head with a grimace that didn't look significantly different from his default expression, wondering if maybe he should have it cut. He liked his hair, but it was well-known that most craftsmen shaved their heads to prevent the risk of any hairs falling into their work and contaminating it and he had appearances to keep pertaining to his new position besides. After all, Ashitaka highly doubted that a proper prince would be so... well, fluffy. For whatever reason, whenever he bathed (which was at least twice daily, in spite of his reservations both as a child and a hydrophobe) his hair always puffed out a bit more than usual like the fur of a yearling wolf pup. This, oddly, complemented rather than contrasted his simple dress of a dark blue sweatsuit and leather armor vest that was typical of shinobi from his village, marked only by his village crest on the right shoulder pad and his clan one on the left. He also wore a pair of thick wooden bracers that were similarly marked, a sign of both his rank and his loyalty. Contrary to what was normal for him, he did not wear enough weapons to coat his entire body. Instead, there was only a deceptively simple-looking wooden katana at his left hip.

Taking his mind off his own appearance, the boy instead focused on that of the immense mercantile establishment towering all around him. The words "glamorous" and "ostentatious" didn't quite do it justice, especially seeing as how the latter readily applied to the Hyuuga Clan District, but the buildings of said district was intentionally designed to loom imposingly over anyone unwise enough to visit and unfortunate enough to live in it. By contrast, the grandeur of the Heavenly Emporium seemed to demand observation, like an overzealous noble eager to show off the abundance of their material wealth. It was a stark contrast to the inhuman serenity of his own Senju Clan's District, which seemed more like a vastly oversized Zen gar-

Oh come on, Ashitaka thought as he arrived at the Emporium's own garden. It was definitely bigger than the one Chika had hosted him in, but smaller than his district's by virtue of not occupying the entire gods-forsaken thing. Still, it was big enough that he found himself glaring at the trees in search of any hidden spirits with arcane motivations for which they'd manipulate any human or animal passing by. The lack of any brought relief, so instead he decided to search for the Emporium's prince.

He removed his geta at the gate and walked in with feet bare save for the leg bandages that were typical of Konoha shinobi. Though he was oblivious to it, the vegetation flourished in his path, wilted underfoot, and revitalized in his wake. This paused briefly as he stopped to convert his chakra majority from Wood to Sensory and take in his surroundings. As the guard had told him, it was pretty easy to spot his quarry. Having done so, Ashitaka swapped back to his elemental chakra and quietly approached the young man. Once about three meters away, he stopped and bowed formally.

"Hello sir. I am Ashitaka Inuzuka Senju. I've been told that you are the one to seek out when pursuing employment here."

Post by Okane Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:36 am

Okane would tilt his head as he reached out to touch one of the tree's. Of course these were not normal trees but still a part of nature. If anything these tree's had been chemically altered by his lab for the cherry blossoms to rapidly and continuously bloom. Through genetic manipulation and cross breeding strains of seeds his lab had produced such a fantastic display of beauty. Even in winter they predicted these tree's would not only survive but continue to bloom. He so looked forward to enjoying cherry blossoms contrasting against the white snow. He would pluck one flower and bring it under his nose as he inhaled the sweet scent. Perhaps it was sweeter than the real thing but one always strives to be better than it's original self. Slowly he would lower his hand and the blossom would slide down his slender fingers to finally release from the tip like a lovers embrace tenderly parting. It's outstretched petals fluttering as it swayed too and fro slowly towards the ground. Sinking ever further into the dark fur coat before finally it would find it's resting place among the pedals shed by it's brethren. There is would die having only ever been or known beauty.

A young voice would interrupt his reflection as he listened to the boy a mere three feet from him. A proposal for employment. Such a young and tender voice yet matured as if they had experienced enough to be forced to grow up. No child like wonder or hesitation. No curiosity in such a voice. It was as if sadness ruled over this childs world and as such children could not hold onto their dreams for long. Already he felt a need to help this one dream again. To bring back wonder that they could hold in their own hands as a reality. Slowly his fare features would turn as glowing jade eyes would look to the boy once more. Okane would smile and bow his head slightly in return. When he spoke his voice was like a hypnotic lullaby. Relaxing and calm. Like finding the center in a storm and knowing peace just from listening to his quiet and slow words. However little volume he used it was not a whisper all at once. His words were clear but so gentle. Like silk on the ears.

"I am the Prince of Iron, Okane. This is my creation and home. Where dreams are not limited to when we sleep. You seek to join us young one, and as a Senju already I am tempted by you. I suppose you knew that already though. A selling point if you will."

Quietly Okane would reach out with pale, fine fingers like the hands of a china doll without the gloss over them. His features seemed soft to the eye and his voice was mesmerizing and calming. It would be easy to tell how others did business with him so easily. His fingers would pluck something from within the depths of the cherry blossoms before pulling out a plump peach. So they had cross bred peach tree's with cherry blossoms as part of it. Idly Okane would hold out his other hand as a golden knife no bigger than a letter opener would form. As if from thin air above his palm. Glistening gold bits of metal like dust would peel away from the golden flower petals constantly falling off of his person to form this tiny blade. Once it was formed it would lower to his waiting hand. He would cut off a slice of the peach and take a bite of it. Not a big piece but enough for a taste. He found the flavor a bit more sugary than the peaches he knew fresh from his mothers vineyard. He would hum slightly before turning and taking another slice the same size as before. Holding it out on the tip of the golden blade to the boy but not moving closer to him. Almost as if he expected the boy to comply and taste it.

"Tell me, what do you think of these tree's and the fruit they bare? As a Senju I yearn for your opinion."

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:26 am

The boy watched the young man pick one of the flowers from the... off-putting cherry trees in the garden. They were already blooming unusually vibrantly and out of season, but he couldn't pick up any particularly strong chakra from them. He guessed that they were being forced to do this by some other means, and if he had closer ties to his clan, he might even have been offended at the sight. As it was, he was only curious and therefore watched intently as the man sniffed it, wondering if he had anosmia or something. Then again, he knew that girls liked to do the same thing and especially enjoyed bouquets so they could do it with several flowers at once. Maybe they had an interest in the scent of dying things, or was it just plants? Regardless, the man dropped the doomed bloom and finally addressed him. But his greeting was... really quite strange, and Ashitaka was unsure of how to respond to it. Of course, he refused to let that show. He didn't want his potential future employer to get the impression that he was out of his element.

"If what you're looking for from me is my opinion as a Senju..." Ashitaka said as he flicked out the first inch of his wooden katana's blade with his thumb, then snapped it out and with one motion, completed the cut into the piece of fruit initiated by Okane's golden knife, trapped both halves against one side of the blade, and tipped that side up so that the now-smaller pieces wouldn't fall. He brought them closer to his face and stared at them and considered how this man's voice sounded almost as pleasant as his own once did, although despite the recovery from his injuries, it now sounded to him like cleaning out his ears with sandpaper. "I'm afraid you'll only find disappointment in me. I didn't come looking for work as a mascot."

He brought the fruit to his mouth and popped both pieces in at once, repressing the sudden urge to vomit as he flicked the remaining juices off the blade and into the grass, then sheathed it. Although he did not share his Clan's general disdain for the march of civilization into the domain of nature, he was not fond of any sensory extreme. And that included flavors, even the sweet punch of the cherry-peach. Still, he was not one to refuse a gift, and he chewed and swallowed it in spite of his distaste. That mission accomplished, he thought of how to answer the man's question and propose what he was really here to do.

"These trees are a pretty vivid display of the unique domination that humanity exerts over the rest of nature. The work is impressive, I'll admit. But I'd like to issue a word of caution, Prince of Iron, in the form of a couple of sayings my granny liked to throw around:" Ashitaka looked directly into Okane's eyes. In sharp contrast to the uplifting dream presented by the Iron's gentle visage, the Wood's perpetually fierce countenance bore the weight of crushing reality. This boy had been utterly destroyed once, and stood up anyway, and was going on to ascend to new heights. "'Collecting honey invites the wrath of the bees', and 'should any man reign supreme, he shall do so alone'."

He presented his sword again, this time with both hands on the scabbard as he held the weapon out horizontally before Okane.

"If there is one thing about my clan that I'd appreciate you concerning yourself with, it is this: the wood which shares our name. And before you ask, I know only the legend, which as you must know claims that the people were first." Ashitaka explained as he offered the man an opportunity to inspect the weapon by whatever means he felt appropriate. It was one of his finest works, and unlike his creations of slightly lesser quality, all of his top-tier pieces were extremely simple in nature. They were exactly what they looked like and rather than any sort of gimmick they were instead raw manifestations of dedication to quality craftsmanship. "The career I'm here to obtain under your employ, Sir, is that of the Weaponsmith. I have an open location in my Clan District that I'd be willing to convert into a branch of your establishment in exchange for sponsorship."

Post by Okane Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Okane would chuckle at the mention of a mascot and shake his head. What a silly idea indeed. His brand was so well known he had no need of advertising in any form. Much less a mascot. Though starting some sort of sport could be fun. Maybe a cube with two goals where shinobi launch a heavy ball back and forth and can run on all the walls and the ceiling as well. That could be entertaining. But alas his mind was drifting from the thought of it. The young man would surprise him though as he slashed out with his wooden sword and took a slice with some particular skill. Ahh well at least this young one had a flair for the dramatic. That would certainly help get him places here. Still he could see it in the kids face that he did not enjoy the artificial fruit. Ahh well perhaps they should reduce the sugar content and attempt to make it more natural. Still he would wait until the young man was done chewing and spoke of nature and overreaching to attract bee's as a metaphor. In the end describing how one usually ended up ruling alone. Well that didn't sound all that bad.

"Well, If no one ever reaches for the stars, Strives for more and attempts to improve the lives around him or her, how is humanity to progress? It is up to those willing to risk the bee's to stand higher. To be a tier above the rest and take any punishment that comes at them for their dreams. For without dreams we are empty shells of what we could be."

The young man would present the wooden sword to Okane and with a slightly bowed head Okane would accept. Idly running his fingers along the sides and feeling along it. Attempting to bend it and see if it had any give. He wasn't strong by any means but years of practice suggested he knew a thing or two by feel. If anything the wooden sword held like steel but lighter. Okane would give it a couple of small swings with no real degree of skill before turning and gently cutting through a small branch with one swing. He watched it fall with a clean cut before looking to the blade. Not a single bit of juices or tree sap on it. Fascinating. Still he would turn it and hand it back to the boy with the hilt to him first and held tenderly. Speaking once more.

"You wish to be sponsored eh? I could see the value in that. As for a mascot I had no intentions of the sort. If anything your senju wood is famous for it's durability and capabilities. The sword you carry a tribute to that. Most archers dream of a bow made of senju wood. Tell me young man, if it was part of the deal would you supply any orders of Senju wood for the company? Perhaps even make the weapons yourself?"

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:39 am

"Naturally, I had expected that anyone who listened to people's grandmothers would never reach the sky, let alone build a castle in it. I'm sure you don't need to hear any kind of discouragement from me," he said with something that might have been a smile in another life. Then the man started talking about dreams and emptiness, and the boy felt like he was dying again. It was a strange sensation, especially when there was no external force trying to push the life out of him. Of course, that meant that winning over it was as simple a matter as taking a deeper breath and standing up straight. "What I didn't expect was for anyone to take me seriously, least of all someone of such authority and accomplishment."

He watched the man scrutinize the weapon he'd presented, and he couldn't help but feel a little nervous. There were doubtless tremendous numbers of people vying for exactly what he was asking for. However, he was quite confident in the edge he presented. That was, right up until his prospective employer demonstrated his vibrant deficiency in skill at handling it. The wood flexed very slightly under his ministrations, which was normally quite uncharacteristic of it. But Ashi had put intense work into sanding and hammering the blade until it took on the more prominent traits of proper steel, rather than the ungiving raw iron imitated by the unfinished wood. Unlike the typical wooden sword, the one presented by Ashitaka was capable of cutting like a real bladed weapon rather than simply functioning as a bludgeoning instrument. This fact was one that the Prince of Iron was quick to learn for himself, since no lack of ability on its wielder's part would hinder the sword's capacity to cut whatever it was directed to. It was probable that with his visible strength, Okane could probably slice or drive it a few inches into the trunk of one of the cherry trees if he so chose. Instead, the man handed the weapon back and spoke some more.

"I... will have to request permission from my Hokage in order to make such a deal. Workable samples of the wood that bears my clan's name is a rare and valuable resource for our village. If I were to make it publicly available, I doubt that I would be easily forgiven." he replied with an apologetic bow as he fastened the sheathe back to his belt. "I'm sure that making weapons of it won't be so much of a problem, though."

Post by Okane Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Okane would listen quietly before smiling. His green eyes seemed to glow a moment before he would nod at the young mans thoughts. How restricted it must feel for your power to not be your own to control. He considered his own bloodline and the value of it as well. The head of his clan held no power over him really but neither did he try and enforce it. Nation or no at his back the Tsuchikage did not make demands of the emporium. In a way Okane thought of his floating market as his own village in a way. Here he lived as he wished and did not ask permission for anything. He defied the common conceptions of those around him and found himself wanting for nothing in return. Still the idea of having a weapons smith that could produce senju wood weapons was considerable. Even if it wasn't as grand as he had hoped Okane understood loyalty when he saw it. Either with it being blind or earned the loyalty was there. It was a sweet thing to see. Of course as influential as Okane was there was nothing to be gained by defying a Kage so blatantly. So he spoke again. Softly.

"Wisdom beyond you're years. It deserves to be heard. Despite appearances of youth I sense you have been through more than most do in a lifetime. If we judge others based on what we perceive immediately, We are blind to the potential all men have. Come...let us sit and have tea. We can write up a contract. See what we can negotiate. Please, this way."

Okane would indicate the gazebo with an outstretched hand before turning. Folding his hands in front of himself as he walked and breathed in the garden. He seemed almost at peace despite creating weapons of war. The things he designed more often brought bloodshed than not. But sometimes he created incredible things. He had built and empire and found madness often came with greatness if he allowed the chains of society to hold him down. It may be lonely at the top but his destiny required greatness. Still he would move into the Gazebo. Cherry wood was the construct of it. Finding a seat the butler would pour hot tea prepared to the perfect temperature with a thermometer used to ensure it. Biscuits were on a platter in the center, fresh baked an hour ago and still warm. Okane would settle himself and pick up his tea to sip from it. Parched lips feeling sweet relief.

"You wish to be sponsored. Which is something I am willing to do. But we must come to terms. If the wood can not be provided but you can remain the sole crafter within the emporium I will need two things. First, On any crafts you do, our stag emblem should be somewhere on it. Second, you carry a sword like you are familiar with it. If the Emporium were to come under assault or one of us were to be kidnapped, you would be expected to expend some effort to assisting to the best of your ability. Short of it happening by the hands of your own village of course. Should Konoha opt to go against the emporium or you yourself would, it would be grounds for terminating the contract."

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:54 am

The more time the two Princes spent together, the more starkly Ashitaka noticed the contrast between them. His future employer was, in spite of his soft appearance, bold and daring. One absolutely had to be to do something as unthinkable as actually building a floating marketplace, bound to no nation or authority. The boy had no idea what he'd do if he found himself in such a situation, let alone any intention of making one for himself. He was, after all, Prince in blood only and not even by name. He could see that Okane was disappointed in him for bearing such restrictions, but as Konoha's most spectacular loser, Ashitaka was not keen on adding 'branded a Missing-Nin' to his list of problems.

In any case, he obediently followed the man through his garden to the indicated gazebo. He sat opposite the man and watched the butler pour them both some tea, but he didn't start drinking his until after Okane did. In fact, Ashitaka noticeably took no initiative when it came to claiming anything that appeared freely available. He was often told that good children and especially good ninja were quiet and did as they were told, and he really wanted to be seen as a good boy. After all, the alternative was everyone around him wanting to beat him down.

More than usual.

Ostensibly.

...wasn't it?

Looking back, it didn't seem to help him at all in any confrontation he'd ever been in. He could hope against reason that that was what stayed people's hands when it came to delivering the killing blow, but it did nothing to prevent the inevitability of his defeat in combat. Having that thought looming over his head made it a lot easier to be struck by Okane's request to work as a warrior for his independent mercantile district. Ashitaka stared at his tea for a moment before taking a stiff pull from the cup, washing out a bit of the excessively-sweet taste of the fruit from his mouth.

"I'll do what I can, but I can't make any promises. Unlike my weapons craftsmanship, my combat capabilities are very... selective in their effectiveness," he said, and a wry smile fought for control of his face, but eventually lost to his more generally somber demeanor. "I'll do what I can to help you and your employees in your times of need as a matter of course. As for conflicts with my village... why would Konoha attack the Emporium? I was under the impression that there was a written agreement among all of the major villages not to incite violence here?"

For all of his intelligence, Ashitaka had a crippling flaw: he was largely oblivious to intrigue and believed that by and large people preferred to keep matters as simple as possible.

Post by Okane Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:55 am

Okane would listen as he sipped his tea. Collecting a biscuit and biting into it only to find honey had been added to this batch. It was a rather lovely and soft biscuit. Almost crumbling in his mouth and so sweet. Normally the issue would have been bits of the sweet bread sticking to his teeth or the roof of his mouth but the tea offset that nicely. He would sip at the sweet liquid as it became apparent that he liked a little bit of sweetness to all of his treats here. Perhaps his sweet tooth could cost him some cavities later but for now he was keen to indulge himself. He certainly hoped his guest would feel the same but for now he simply listened. There was doubt there in the kids voice. He supposed it was more difficult of a task for someone so young to find their strength in a world full of adults who could turn countries inside out. With the war going on Okane was sure there would be others experiencing such difficulties as well. However for him war was simply good for business. Still he would set what was left of his biscuit on the little plate for it before replying to the young man. His hand would touch the table and a scroll with the Stag seal would pop up from it. Along with a pen.

"It is only when we stop trying that we become as lambs to the world. It is up to us to rise and rise again until lambs become lions. If you strive for more there is a place for you here within the Emporium. The contract covers everything we spoke of and you are encouraged to read it before signing. You will be granted a payment of forty thousand a month under this contract until such a time as either part terminates it. Not that I intend to do so, so long as you place our seal somewhere on your work and attempt to come to our defense should it be needed."

Okane would slide the scroll with the pen over to the young man before smiling. Jade eyes glowing. He was charming but demons at a crossroad often were. Offering dreams in return for something. In this case though it was exactly as had been promised written down on the contract. As if he had been prepared for this exact encounter. Did he have other scrolls for other nations? More than likely. Still Okane would sit back and sip his tea a little more before addressing the other question.

"As for why Konoha would ever attack us, the agreement with all the nations is purely a verbal one. A general agreement because we serve a purpose to all of them as a place of peace and a market to support their war. However man is never without flaw. Did you know Masaru is a cousin of mine? Technically the head of my blood line even. I hold no real loyalty to him in particular but others may not see it as such. For instance those attacking him now. I hear Konoha is showing up in force against him. Even having closed door meetings here at the emporium for allies. The Uchiha now made Hokage is a man seeking to expand his influence and not shy about thrusting his power over others. No one could deny there is a possibility in the future of the Hokage attempting to rule over even this place. Who knows what madness the future holds."

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:27 am

Ashitaka not only read the contract, he pulled out a notebook and copied it verbatim onto a page after a few that he'd reserved for Okane himself. He knew enough about money to know that forty thousand ryo was a decent amount, not terribly impressive but hardly something to scoff at. This was appropriate for his skills in his opinion. When the Iron Prince started speaking of seals, he flipped to a new page and started drawing. As luck would have it, he had just happened to get into metal embossing recently, so the image came to his hand fairly readily. Once it occupied the page, he stared at it and puzzled over how to incorporate it with his own Wolf's Head emblem while his new manager continued speaking.

That the Tsuchikage was a relative of Okane's was of little surprise, since both had the vanishingly rare Steel Release. However, he also knew fully well that family were not necessarily friends, and he chose to believe that Nyg-sensei at least thought similarly. Still, he could hear the tension in the man's voice as he spoke of the imminent attacks on Iwagakure. Ashitaka wasn't surprised at the displeasure most people felt over such actions, since shortly before he graduated from the Academy, Konoha had released Iwa from its bonds and it was rumored even helped install the village's new Kage. To suddenly, and worse violently, take that all back would rub most people the wrong way no matter how they felt about anything.

"I'll be frank. I don't know what impulse has spurred Nyg-sensei to retract the freedom granted by his predecessors. Last I heard, Iwa has become a lovely, peaceful place with no crime whatsoever." he replied, his tone not indicating whether or not he was being sarcastic. He of course didn't know the true nature of the political situation in the Stone Village, but it didn't take a Sage to find a broad claim of a total absence of crime to be more than a little suspicious. That said, he couldn't help but bristle at the tone the man was taking regarding his Hokage. He took a deep breath and gently set his teacup down. "Sir, I'd like to ask that you refrain from speaking of my Kage in that manner. As you have made abundantly clear in both spoken and written word, my loyalty is still to him over you. Regarding the matter of war approaching the Earth Country, I've been informed that there is an alliance of rebellious minor nations that believe the throwing off of yokes should be extended to them as well. I am incidentally, currently on standby to help with civilian evacuations and keep unnecessary casualties to a minimum."

He looked down at the contract, then up into the man's eyes. His own were immensely serious, searching but not accusatory. He knew that he was up against someone who, by the nature of his trade, was quite adept at getting people to believe what he wanted.

"If the matter between the Earth and Fire Countries inspires such concern in you, then why are you offering me this contract? Do you think that I would not pose a liability should your fears come to pass, or are you expecting me to have value as a hostage in such a situation?"

Post by Okane Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Okane would chuckle when he was scolded about speaking about the Hokage in such a manner. He wasn't pressing for a beating but he wasn't worried about his words reaching the man either. If anything he believed he spoke truth and as such was not truly at fault for besmirching a mans good name. Instead he would take another bite of honeyed biscuit before a sip of his tea. How heavenly such a snack was to him. Still he was impressed that this one was making a copy of the contract. Not many bothered with as much. Sure they read it but a copy of it? Clever little pumpkin. He was more assured of his choice to hire this one after all. Still he would meet Okane's eyes. Jade eyes shining under the shadows of the gazebo. Like fireflies in the night. The young man would make an inquiry of Okane but all it would provoke was a soft smile in return. Okane would settle back into his seat as he spoke once more. That voice of his was hypnotic in nature. As if it drowned out all worries and fears and invited the listener into his embrace. A practiced sound.

"A hostage? I would be a fool to attempt to imprison anyone on a floating island. Especially someone that could reshape the terrain should he so choose. That aside your hokage does not strike me as the type to negotiate for anything. You ask that I show respect to the man you are loyal to and I understand the perspective. However here we are truly free. I pay no homage to no kings because I do not bow to them. Perhaps the shogun is the only man I see as my equal. Aside from my business partner of course. She has her own talents equal to mine in simply different fields. My point being is we can not often expect to rise above all if we are bound to a name. I will not shun you your choices nor will I speak anything of your master I think is untrue. As for taking a risk with you. The world is in a constant state of upheaval and turmoil. If I won't take risks I will never see rewards. Now...Knowing that I speak my mind openly, Knowing that I simply wish my brand associated with your crafts. My question is simple. Can you rise above the rest? Will you work with a man as outlandish as myself? Truthfully I see a future where having someone employed from Konoha is mutually beneficial. You will be able to come and go as you please through out most of my business outside of the research and development building. So Konoha can keep tabs on what we do here. Which will hopefully serve to keep nerves calmer."

Okane finished his rambling monologue before he would glance idly to the contract a moment before taking the last bite of his biscuit. He seemed straight forward and honest and by the sounds of it was looking to a much larger picture of it all. Or at least just what he had revealed thus far. He seemed content with his biscuits and tea but behind those glowing eyes was a profound mind. However it was up to the young Senju if he would truly seek this opportunity out or not. In truth there were many possibilities having a senju on staff could provide. Conflict of interest was more of a side note for Okane. Perhaps Konoha would see it differently but Okane had made it clear he didn't care for the petty politics.

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:35 am

Ashitaka used the moment of eating and drinking to distract himself from how he felt about the way this exchange was going. The Iron Prince held all the cards and they both knew it. Granted, there was nothing stopping him from just getting up and walking away from the contract, but since the only unique thing that he had to offer was the damnable wood that shares his bloodline's name. He also found himself struggling to respond as Okane rained words down upon him, and the boy had to sacrifice some of the otherwise pristine neatness of his handwriting just to keep up. When he finally finished speaking, the Forest Prince's eyes flicked between the page and the man.

"With all due respect, Sir, you've ah... given me quite a bit to respond to." and the worst part of it was how much of it he really had no argument against. He hasn't been among humans for much of what little time he's been on this earth, and did little in the way of socializing with that time. Still, after finishing the tea and biscuit before him, he moved his plate aside and interlaced his fingers before him, resting his chin on his hands and his elbows on the table as he set out to do his best.

"Regarding the terrain-shaping... I could also do that for you, you know. If you wanted. And not just the stone and gardening. I could alter architecture and waterways as well. An entire Clan District's worth of buildings can be raised, altered, or destroyed on command, although I'd need a fairly powerful Sealer to hold the new ones in place. Given the nature of your establishment as it stands, I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to suggest that you probably have a few on call.

Regarding my sen- Hokage, perhaps it's better if we just drop that subject entirely."

He swept crumbs from his contract again, both the original and the copy he made, and looked them over to make sure that he didn't make any mistakes. As expected, there were none. If there was one thing that he hadn't yet proven a failure at, it was paperwork. Well, everybody had to be good for something.

"As to the freedom of which you speak... I have to admit I'm extremely jealous, but I don't even know where to begin to explain how. I'm not the sort of guy who can handle a life without an established hierarchical order with strong, stable leadership and reliable companions and obedient, capable subordinates." At least, that's what he said, but the more Ashitaka thought about it, the more he wondered if he really believed it. Why did he need to kneel before Konohagakure's spastic throne? It's not like he'd starve if they kicked him out, considering that his abilities were clearly desired wherever he went and he at some point ceased needing to eat in the first place. If anything, he was ultimately held to heel by fear: the fear of being attacked by basically the entire Uchiha clan if he decided to go rogue.

As grating as it was, in hindsight it occurred to him that Nyg-sensei didn't trust him. He heard rumors that he was being blamed for his own abduction at the hands of the recently-deceased tree... spirit... thing, which was infuriating, but also none of this man's business. So he got to the point.

"I think that my ability to 'rise above the rest' goes without saying, or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. Beyond that, I'm glad we agree to the beneficial nature of this contract." Ashitaka said as he signed it. Like it or not, there was likely little if anything that any of this man's ulterior motives could inflict on him, if they applied, that wasn't trumped by simply being a Konoha nin. With something approaching a genuine smile -the absence of sincerity a product of mood and not deceit-, he offered back the contract and also the notebook with his copy, both with the intent of obtaining Okane's signature and/or stamp. "I look forward to working for you, Sir. Let's hope that future regrets are kept to a minimum."

Post by Okane Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 pm

Okane would listen quietly as his eyes glanced down to the young mans fingers and watched as he talked. Remaining quiet as he did but in truth a section of his mind was following the pen strokes. To say that Okane was intelligent was to say the sun was bright. It didn't begin to delve into it enough. The mans mind was so active that he could follow the conversation while reading the kids writing simply by watching the pen strokes upside down. He wasn't a fool as to sign something without reading it. However he also wanted to give off the impression he had. As if he were more foolish than he actually was. People underestimated a fool and when they did they lost whatever gamble they had made. He didn't mind playing the part. If his success didn't speak for itself in dissuading people from becoming his enemy, he would need to teach them. The issue was trust had no real value to it. His employee's, Azuma, Kensai, Kara, Ei. Powerful allies all on their own. Yet he had not left it to friendship and chance. He had given them all something of value as he would now do for this boy. They continued to gain so long as Okane prospered so they would continue to protect his assets.

Okane would glance up as it finished and smile while making eye contact when it became possible. He supposed this young man lacked confidence and had yet to truly be taken seriously. The eye contact with a smile was a simple tactic. Let Ashitaka know he was giving him his attention. That he was happy to hire him an listen to his opinion. Develop the bonds as they came available. If he filled a void he would be able to connect with this one. As he had with three of the other four. Finding what drove them and what they lacked. Seeing what kind of person they were and making himself available to mold into that. It was little things but simply acknowledging Ashitaka and speaking to him as he would another adult was the right step. Okane was sure of it. Still he would nod as he looked to the butler. The butler would pull out an ink pad. Okane would raise a finger which appeared to turn to metal with the logo design of the Stag. Which he pressed into the ink pad and then to the paper. Placing his seal on the contract. Speaking as he handed the contract to his butler and then did the same for the notebook. Seemingly without looking. He would speak softly with a smile as he handed it back and the metal on his finger faded like ash.

"I foresee great things in you Ashitaka. If I have regrets in our future together, it will only be because I had not utilized you to your full potential. Oh, before I forget. All the members of my personal team, people I hire myself, have their own apartment provided for them in Stag tower. You are free to design it as you like though try not to cause any damage please. You will also have access to the shops and their tools here as well as our hub for the black market. Yes I know some see it as criminal but it has it's uses. I hope you don't think less of us for it my boy."

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:04 am

For all his intelligence, Ashitaka was incidentally completely guileless. He had no reason to suspect Okane of being stupid for not reading what he wrote before stamping the contract and its copy, because he had no inclination toward ulterior motives when it came to said copy. He also didn't mind that the man didn't read his other notes, believing that the man knew what he said and would remember as much of it as mattered to him. And who knows? He might even appreciate the reminder in the event that he actually cared about the things Ashi had made notes of. Just as with the times he'd been struck down in battle, he met the man's maneuvers with a complete absence of awareness, let alone defense.

That said, the flattery did rankle him a little. He canted his head slightly as he regarded the smiling man. Nobody ever complimented him, except for Ari, and even that was a one-time thing. Acknowledgement of his abilities came in the form of an expectation of more, harder work; and he'd been taught to expect that such was the way of the world. Then again, Ashitaka was giving this man something material, as had been the case with Ari; so that would explain the oddity. Both cases were business transactions, and both were the height of civility that he'd received from anyone. Perhaps the life of the shinobi wasn't right for him. He had tremendous abilities, ostensibly, but as the doctors who wished his insides were his outsides had claimed they were apparently wasted in his hands. But perhaps he could make something of himself at the forge.

He did his best to meet Okane's smiles with his own, but deep down he just wasn't feeling it. Pretty words and a decent paycheck didn't do nearly as much to put a dent in the pain, humiliation, and terror that several consecutive defeats in combat created as one might think. At the remark about the Black Market, he said:

"All shinobi are ostensibly spies, assassins, thieves, and assailants. As far as I can tell, what defines them as legal or not is whether or not they have the support of the local regime. And frankly, I'm afraid to sleep at home sometimes lest I end up a 'product'. As long as I don't have to worry about that with your people, and things are as competently-led around here as they look, I can't complain too much."

Post by Okane Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Okane would listen to the young mans views a moment before nodding and rising from his seat. Even just simply rising from a chair Okane made it look like a graceful dance of sorts. He would nod his head quietly to the young man before glancing across the garden to one of his secretaries quickly crossing the courtyard. So another matter needed his attention did it? How exhausting. He was already well beyond his fathers company from the beaches of Suna and had even used it as a shipping port a couple of times but now he was beyond even that. Surely someone who had amassed power and fortune would eventually find more time to enjoy his luxuries wouldn't he? For now though she simply seemed to be holding a tablet for him to review. She was wearing her usual attire. A black Stag uniform with gold trim. Up in the sky it was a little colder so he supposed wearing the heavier coat was warranted. His jade eyes would watch her power walk to him with a glare in her eyes. Likely she thought he was avoiding his responsibilities as per usual. Not that she was all that wrong.

As she handed him the tablet he would use a finger to scroll along it quietly as he spoke to Ashitaka. Making sure the boy didn't think he was being ignored or cast aside. "There is no such thing allowed here. There are people invested in the company and those heading up our security that can deal with any threat. I still encourage training yourself of course so that eventually you might stand at the heights of power as well. For now I have an interest in your abilities for construction rather than destruction. I would like to see two things from you before the payroll of next month. I want you to sell any one thing of your own craft, and I would like you to build a large palace on the other side of this garden. You will find an empty plot there. This will be my personal lodgings so please, do try to impress me. Do you have any questions or concerns? Perhaps something I have yet to cover?" Okane would sign the document in his hands as he finished reading it. Just another order for some ebony...two units of it for now. He had another project for two swords after all. He was agreeing to the payment of two hundred and sixteen thousand ryo just like that. Once she took the tablet back she would step to the side. "Also, if you would follow Mai here back to the tower when we are done, she will provide you with your pay for the month."

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:42 am

Ashitaka waited patiently and quietly while Okane dealt with the other matter that had been brought to his attention. He knew the man was busy, after all, and in spite of everything, Ashi still wanted to be a good boy. Rather than risk interrupting, he stared at the company logo that his new employer wanted on all of his future products and puzzled over how to incorporate it into his own. It would prove kind of difficult, considering that its dimensions generally forbade the inclusion of other features and the fact it was a lifeless skull would make presenting it next to his own living wolf's head look like an effort to look down on the man's establishment and its image. He had the two logos on facing pages of his notebook, but it didn't feel like this was something he could sort out at a moment's notice in a single sitting. Instead he focused on the tasks set before him.

"I guess that's the real challenge, isn't it? The quality of my work doesn't mean anything to you as a businessman if I can't sell it. I do appreciate your endorsement of creation over destruction, though. I did come here looking for support as a maker of things, and it looks like I found it." his smile was approaching genuine now, as he felt the faint embers of a fire in his heart that he'd believed had been extinguished. Yes, this was something that he could do for Konoha. It was a strong feeling: a sense of purpose. "A palace, huh? It seems every adult I meet seeks to either spur my ambitions or crush them. I'll see what I can do, but it would help if you gave me some kind of floor plan for the building, or else I'm just going to guess and what you get might not be to your tastes."

When he spoke of questions and concerns he'd not yet raised, the Forest Prince looked down at his notebook and the two images on it yet again. He wanted to ask about that, but he was afraid to look too incompetent to handle something as basic as a picture. Personally, he felt that the matter of the logo was an important one, especially with how frequently Okane had mentioned it in their conversation. But he didn't want to present himself as too incapable, especially with the other matter he wanted to ask about.

"Yes, Sir. Actually there is. I don't have an official shop of my own. While I do technically have authority over my Clan District, I'm sure you don't need to be told how unbecoming it is to mix business and politics. With that in mind, I'd like to know if you could refer me somewhere I could take out a loan so I could properly establish my own store. Once I manage that, it should be much easier for me to accomplish the sale goal you set out for me. The palace should be up in a week or so, once I figure out the appropriate jutsu."

Post by Okane Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Okane would listen to the young man as he seemed more hopeful now that there was a purpose for him. Okane found that those who had little hope left in them usually would strive harder to accomplish something if given a goal. Truth be told he had only accomplished as much as he had because he had pushed when others in the world simply wished to hold their ground. There was a surprising amount of potential in the boy despite his age and Okane wanted to bring it forth. To do so he had hired the young man and now he was making use of him already. He would smile and chuckle at the request for a floor plan before patting the young man on the shoulder as he spoke softly. "Walk with me a moment." Before moving passed him to the far side of the garden opposite of the black gate they had entered from individually. There at the back as if hidden was a pearl white arch with flowers creeping up around it and a massive plot of empty land that had been clearly marked for renovation for a building. The sheer size of it clearly meant for something large.

"This is where the palace should be. The garden being it's front yard. You ask for a floorplan and my response my boy is to surprise me. I care little for actually the appearance of the palace. The reasoning is simple. When someone wishes to negotiate, doing so in my palace suited to my title as prince puts me at the advantage. Much like when you came to me in my garden. I held the home ground and quickly was able to set my own terms. Do you see my point?"

The young mans question about the shop hung in the air and Okane would reach up to brush some of his ebony locks from his face. The dark hair like silk hanging about his shoulders. His jade eyes would look to the young man a moment before he would smile and tap his chin idly as if in thought. There was a moment before Okane would speak once more. His voice soft. Not at all as if he wished to scold the boy for asking for more money.

"You're own shop eh? A suitable goal for a crafter. If you build it here at the heavenly emporium I will happily loan you the hundred and fifty thousand to build it. However until you pay it back your pay will be reduced until the entirety is paid. That said there are other ways to earn money here if you wished. There are missions available of course as well as folks looking to purchase your crafts a plenty. However if you wish to build it in your homeland of Konoha I am not familiar with those whom might loan you money there. As you are my only connection to Konoha as of yet. I will add one other thing. If you ever pick up armor crafting I will show you how to make immortal silk and Mountain fur as well."

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 am

The kid didn't need to be told twice, grabbing his notebook as he got up and followed the Prince of Iron. Whether or not Okane knew it, this particular volume was dedicated entirely to him. Some people might have found distaste in his predisposition towards prioritizing the words and deeds of important people, but the simple fact of the matter was that not only did important people tend to say and do more, but there words also had effects that rippled across nations and eras. Of course, that didn't mean he left out the lesser people entirely, since he was aware of the "butterfly effect" and how seemingly insignificant things sometimes would rise up to contend with their betters in shaping the course of history. But there were a lot of butterflies and he was only one guy.

Ashitaka inspected the arch as went through it, adding it to the extensive character profile he was creating on the man. Of course, every particular sort of item went into its own section with notes referencing other sections as applied. A sketch of the arch was added on the next page after the gazebo. He was still listening though, and responded as the man finished speaking.

"No offense Sir, but I'd rather not surprise you if I can avoid it. In my experience, surprises tend to be... not favorably received." He took a moment to try to assess what Okane meant about his advantage during their negotiation of Ashitaka's contract. "I'm not sure that I can be a fair example of the advantage you held with this position. After all, I came here with little confidence in what I had to offer, and you doubtless had no shortage of it when it came to yours. But if I had to guess, do you mean that the palace will further illustrate that you have much to offer and little to gain in any exchange, even in the face of people having to board this flying island of yours to even talk with you?"

He didn't know what further advantages Okane felt he needed at this point, since he seemed to be trading on the level of nations, and they were falling apart at the seams. It was the biggest motivating factor for his pursuit of employment here anyway. The countries, both greater and lesser, were tempestuous. They bickered and fought among themselves, squandering lives and resources for prizes they could only hold for brief moments out of their long histories. Entire clans were taken in, torn apart, or thrown out over singular instances with no particular pattern for the observant to follow. As it happened, Ashitaka was as much a student of history as his sensei was. But he was by no means a fan of it. All he saw as he looked over the march of humanity against one another over the ages was a madness that stemmed from their trying to deny their own animal natures while deep in the throes of it. "Still, it never occurred to me that the title of 'Prince' could hold that kind of clout. To be perfectly honest, I don't even know what value it has, despite ostensibly bearing it myself. It appears to have garnered me little more respect than I can already muster through my own efforts in my village. Though perhaps that is an issue of being born from the wrong clan."

He paused and listened to the man. More offers were showered upon him, but now that the mask had slipped, even Ashitaka was able to catch on. None of this would be given freely, of course, and everything he accepted only incurred a greater debt than his initial contract had already applied. But the boy also knew that you didn't get the kind of support you needed to build an island in the sky and the open gates of every major nation paired with a mutual neutrality agreement with the sort of short-sighted greed that compelled everyone's contempt for the Market General.

"I'll have to get back to you on the actual location of my intended store, Okane-sensei. If I were to build one here, I'm afraid I'll drown before I learn to swim. But Konoha is... kind of in flux, as per usual. As to the armor crafting, I think I might hold off on that trade for now. There's only so much time in the day, and I still have to use it for the things I already know how to do. I do intend to do some actual ninja work for you, and meet some of your other employees while I'm here. I mean, I've heard that it's good to have friends in high places, and in low ones. I think at the end of the day though, it's just good to have friends, and I mean to make as many as I can!"

With that, he stepped forward and made a few hand seals, forming a gate to the palace reminiscent of one appropriate for a shinto shrine. In front of one leg of this gate, a statue rose out of the ground on a pedestal roughly a meter tall. The statue was a magnificent specimen of a stag, roughly 2.5 meters tall at the shoulder with antlers that reached for a full meter each from their bases to their furthest tips. Notably, these antlers had the exact same layout and arrangement of points as the one in the logo he was given to work with. The beast was given lifelike colors, stood with perfect dominant posture for such animals and stared imperiously down at any and all who approached the gate.

Post by Okane Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Okane would fold his hands in front of his person as jade eyes looked over the plot of land with a gaze that suggested he saw a vision that others did not. Still his new employee would once again express doubt towards being given full authority over the design. Okane would resist the urge to frown for the time being. After all he wasn't certain that the young man would be able to get beyond his current level if he could not get passed his self doubt. He would of course attempt to build him up but there was only so much he could do to boost the boys confidence. Still he seemed to gather on Okanes thoughts for now. Speaking about if he really needed a palace if he already had a floating island. Okane would smile as he shook his head. Speaking softly. "You need not fear my reactions my young friend. I do not lash out at those who work for me unless they intentionally betray my vision of the future. As for if it is needed, when you awaken giants and demons alike you must appear to be as close to a god as you can. For even kings do not cross gods."

The young man would continue on to express his surprise at the concept of the title of prince holding so much clout. They shared the title but it seemed Okane made more use of it. Even speaking of how he would need time to think on Okane's offer. It was good that he would think before being dragged into any random deal but once More Okane would wonder about that self doubt. So much in the world was sink or swim and if you avoided getting in the water at all you limited your opportunities. Still he would nod slowly as he spoke in return again. "I see, Perhaps a title alone is not enough to sway the minds of others. Though it can help. As a prince you must demand your respect and be able to back up your claim. I think the title only gives me an official position to a placement I had already reached the level of prior. Did you know that in the land of Iron I have been responsible for the majority of the build? Millions of ryo into construction crews. My time and expertise a credit to their rapid growth."

He made no real comment to the young mans choice to hold off on his offer. Both for the shop and the armor crafting. Instead he would watch as the young man would preform his jutsu and create a beautiful Tori gate with a stag Statue that appeared almost lifelike in front of one of the pillars. Okane would step forward to examine both the gate and the statue as he ran pale, soft fingers along it. His eyes clearly impressed with what he saw. Though he would seem to touch a spot on each construct just out of sight as a small amount of smoke would rise. He had emblazoned a seal on each to give it a permanent placement. He would smile before folding his hands back together in the sleeves of his coat. Moving back to Ashitaka as he patted him on the shoulder speaking to him once more. "I expect great things from you young man. For now if you will excuse me. I have my own creations to attend to." Okane would smile openly once more before turning and almost gliding out of sight. He had a great deal of work to do and for this particular employee he already had a great deal to think about.

exit thread 10 posts at 20 exp a post = 200 exp

Stats:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm

"Well... I'm sure that my friend would be very happy to hear that her homeland is back on its feet. Although, I don't think that will much assuage the pain of having lost it in the first place." Ashitaka said idly as he watched Okane put his hands on his creations. He didn't have his Subharmonic Field up, but his eyes were still sharp enough to pick up the man's seals as they were burned into the gate and the statue. While he didn't remember what sort of seals they were from his training, the feedback he received from them through his chakra channels to the jutsu informed him that they were holding the two in place and he didn't need to sustain them. As the Prince of Iron requested leave, the young Prince of the Forest bowed in response as though he had permission to give. "Of Course, Okane-sensei. Thank you for your time and... well everything else you provided today. Perhaps if we have time again, you can teach me what it means to be a Prince."

After the man had gone, he paced around the now only mostly empty lot as he thought about what he was working with. With the amount of space involved, individual castings of Four-Pillar House Technique were going to be exhausting and take far too long to get the job done in a reasonable time frame. Especially if, as he imagined, his employer wanted multiple floors as would be appropriate for any construction that could reasonably be called a palace. However, he'd heard that among the techs unique to his clan was an improved version of that jutsu where multiple or especially large buildings could be conjured in the same time frame. He was going to have to do some research, but with the limited time available until he was required to have it up, it might end up needing to be a bit of a rush job. So he just added a few more notes pertaining to the statue, the seals, and Okane's most recent comments, then left to get started on his various projects.

[Exit thread 11 posts x 20 exp/post = 220 exp]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am