Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Tasty Afternoon

Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Chemistry | Genjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

A Tasty Afternoon Empty A Tasty Afternoon

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:52 am

Appearance:

Andariel finished her errand for today which involved placing an order in Blood, Blades, and Beyond for a bow. After recently becoming a journeyman marksman she decided it would be in her best interest to invest in a quality bow for her own keepsake. She preferred fighting in close quarters, but that was exactly her weakness. She had no other means to take fighting beyond melee, and if she was forced to play a supportive role or if her opponent was much more experienced in keeping her at long range she could very well lose a battle.

She didn't go out much mainly because it made her a bit anxious. Her species was not widely accepted. The people in Kishin are at least tolerant, though she does often attract strange looks from passerby. They never really let the criticism get to her, but not caring could possibly be her demise. She always had to be wary of those who antagonize her. If it becomes a case of usual harassment she may have to be ready to act on her suspicions. It was the fact that she ran so many errands today that Andariel felt she earned a treat. Truth be told, she never dined out often. She preferred her own cooking above all else as she was quite proficient by being independent so long. Her tastes are not from this region to be put bluntly. But she was always open to trying new things.

The succubus found herself in a neat little cafe in the Promenade. It was once a renown eatery but had recently lost its luster over the years. Now it stands as any ordinary diner. But that didn't make it any less credible. Pushing the front door open a small bell jingled alerting staff of her presence. She'd step up to the front podium while waiting to be assisted. The staff currently seemed preoccupied, but she was sure to be serviced soon.

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

A Tasty Afternoon Empty Re: A Tasty Afternoon

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Valris has finished one of his tasks for the day in ordering his weapon from Blood, Blades, and Beyond. He still had a few more to do, including heading to a training ground to start developing his own style with his swords. It was important that he be able to defend himself and attack effectively. Unlike many others, Valris was of the mindset that if you picked one weapon discipline and stuck with it. You could overcome any shortcomings. Including those limited to simply physical, close quarters combat. A man of sufficient experience with his weapon could cut arrows and such out of the air before him. As he closed the gap between them. Once he got within range, the large man would almost certainly be the victor in almost any physical engagement.

His life in Kumogakure hadn’t been particularly horrid since he came here. He got glances, looks, stares. People muttered behind his back, but just as many were because of his size than because of his horns. At seven feet in height, Valris was taller than any other person he had ever met. He had found himself not caring one way or another regardless though. Even if they did hate him for what he was, what were they going to do about it? Look at him funny? Besides, his job was to protect them. Why hate the monster who protects you? Fear him? Sure, be wary of him? Sure, but hate him? No, you cannot truly hate one who’s made it his purpose to defend them.

These thoughts would see Valris walk through the village, finally stopping idly at Ayano’s Cafe. It had been one of the pinnacle eateries of Kumogakure, but new management really brought down it’s standard. However it was still more than adequate, it just wasn’t as good as it used to be. The tall Oni would enter the establishment, looking around in idle curiosity as he did. After his brief errand to the weapon shop he’d decided to get something to eat, so this worked out. He’d had to stop by his place first though, most restaurants wouldn’t serve someone who didn’t wear a shirt. So he’d had to go get one. Now he wore his usual combat pants and boots, serviceable to protect him from the elements, and, well, his jounin vest. It wasn’t a shirt exactly, but he’d seen others be fully accepting of it as the sole form of upper wear. So he just tossed it on. He’d stand not too far from the other individual near the podium. Apparently the place was busy enough that it kept staff busy at least. Upon second glance he’d see the individual in front of the podium was the other Yokai from the weapons store. ‘Small world’ He thought before deciding to introduce himself.

“Good afternoon, my name is Valris. I saw you in the weapon’s store before. I wonder if you might sit with me for lunch? I’ll buy, I just figured if we’re going to be running into each other anyway, we might as well get to know  each other. Besides, I know of no other Yokai within the village besides us. It would be nice to speak to someone else like me.” He would say, his tone was polite, and cordial. It didn’t hold an undertone of anything shady. Simply another individual who had something important in common with another. Wanting to really meet the other.

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:28 am

Andariel waited patiently at the podium to be seated and not a moment after she heard the bell ring and a draft fill the diner as another patron entered. She initially paid no attention. It was not polite to stare and hearing his footsteps was more than enough to alert her of his presence. But when his endearing voice introduced himself she'd immediately shift her body to his direction. To anybody else, seven feet was monstrously tall. And he was as stocky as he was tall giving off the vibe that he was a true beast. Andariel was six foot three inches, which was still considered fairly tall by human standards especially for a young woman, but at least socially acceptable. But overall she was not phased by Valris' presence. To the standard of the Yokai, Andariel would be the equivalent of an average female. By toning both of their heights back by just an imperial foot Andariel would stand five feet three inches while Valris six foot even. They both shared pretty ordinary builds for their background appearing normal when together, but dwarfing ordinary people around them.

It didn't helped that Andariel was armed to the teeth, but she never felt comfortable wandering the streets without her essential load out, so attracting attention was inevitable. The man seemed kind enough. He introduced himself as Valris and mentioned he saw her at the same weapon store she placed her order at. Was he spying on her? A stalker? No... Andariel flushed the prejudice from her mind immediately not preferring to be the type that judged just on perhaps a few coincidental actions. Andariel grinned widely. "I am Andariel Bloodworth, and I would enjoy to spend lunch with you." By then an assistant approached the podium. Despite the cafe losing its quality the staff still remained very much the same, so customer service was still among the best.

The waitress offered to seat them both giving the assumption they were both either related or on a date due to their appearance. Andariel was unphased since this was their intent to begin with. They were both led to the one of the tables for two, which were admittedly better in her mind since they were placed next to the window giving them an impressive view of the promenade. Both were given a menu followed by being asked if they were what they wanted. Her eyes scanned the menu a quick once over and immediately found what she was interested in. No matter what culture a person may reign from, grilled fish was a common menu choice item. "I would like the grilled mackerel set menu with a cherry cola, please." Soda wasn't her preferred drink of choice. In fact she avoided it due to its poor nutrition. But on occasion it was a good treat, and she felt she had earned some exciting food today.

The mackerel came with rice, miso soup, and three sides which varied day by day. Regardless it would wind up being a superb meal. When the waitress took Valris' order she would leave to fulfill it and wait on other tables giving them both the privacy to get to know each other. "I am not surprised you have trouble finding other Yokai. It is very rare to find others that aren't feral or unprincipled. And a ninja village is no place to find them to begin with. We are both extremely uncommon circumstances."

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 pm

A small smile would bloom upon Valris’ face as she accepted his offer of joining him for her meal and having him pay. He would nod and be about to speak when the waitress came up to them and ushered them toward a table. They were quickly given menus and Valris would scroll through it quickly before speaking. “I’ll have an order of hot sour soup, along with the grilled mackerel with a cola to drink please. “ He would say, after making sure Andariel had ordered her food. It usually took a bit more than an entree for him to feel satisfied. At this, the waitress would leave to do other tasks, including giving their orders to the cooks and leaving them to talk to each other. Andariel would take a moment to comment on what he’d said earlier. Emphasising the rarity of finding one of them non feral or having any sort of principle. He could agree with that, but it didn’t diminish his hope of potentially finding more like them within the village some day.

“I still hope to find more like us here. There can’t be very many of us in the world, and we’re not exactly looked upon kindly in most situations. I’d love for those of us who are principled and non-feral to join us here, and really make this village into our home.” He would say, simple honesty colouring his words as he spoke. “What part of the world are you from?” He would ask in curiosity. He wondered where else one might discover to spread of demons and their half demon children. The town he was born in wasn’t exactly pleasant to live in as one. ‘Ah Tristram, I do not miss you one bit.’ He would think to himself after asking. As he did he would study he idly. Her horns curved around her head like his did, unlike his though hers weren’t double ended. Her skin was the colour of milk, and her tall, average for a yokai, but tall for humans, was voluptuous and pleasing to anyone who might look upon her. Valris' perusal would end at that point, it was rude to stare and past admiring her beauty he had no intention of being some kind of creep.

Stats:

Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:30 am

Andariel kept a pleasant smile while Valris spoke his views of banding together as many yokai as he could in Kumogakure. She did not share the same dream. Andariel was independent when it came to most things regarding social situations. She was the kind to stay at home and tend to her garden or refurbish her home than go out. She loved reading and puzzle games over dancing or even socializing in public spaces. She was very home-bred mostly due to her never having a single place she could call home for the longest time. The privilege of having her own place she could modify and preen was a delicacy to her. Andariel loved the security Kumogakure offered with the disciplined patrols and bases scattered around the country, towering walls surrounding the city, vigilant ninja, and the large population in general. It made her feel actual safety for once in her life, and it was that comfort which allowed her to grow and slowly overcome her social anxiety and paranoia. But it was a gradual process.

So when Valris asked her about her origin she was pressured into lying. Lying was a moral code breaker to her as she saw it as unladylike and unnecessary. It was something cowards used when unwilling to face the consequences of their own actions. But she only lied when it came to her own safety. She was uncertain what Valris' motivations were. Was he a hunter? Maybe a third-party hunter. Tristram dealt with demons using a wooden pike, if one was lucky. To have them stoop as low as to hire a demon to hunt another demon was highly unlikely. But perhaps another group of trackers sought Valris' to lull her into a false sense of security. It was a bit suspicious that he happened to follow her to the same eatery and invite her to lunch.

Andariel was used to lying when it came to her origin. She had a dozen or more stories built around her background and picked the best given the situation which was present. "I am originally from the Land of Earth. I was one of the few hundred refugees or so that traveled to Kumogakure during the village's initial collapse." It was short and to the point, and she had no intention of continuing the topic until she knew more about Valris. And because of that she'd make an attempt to change subjects. "You seem very well-built. Are you apart of Kumogakure's military? I dare call you a ninja given your build. I find it odd to be classified as a ninja given the notion which surrounds that title. I am nothing like the others."

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:04 pm

He would listen to her words intently, nodding his head in understanding as she spoke of being a refugee from the Land of Earth and taking home their in Kumogakure. It seemed as if her answer was a bit short, and he wondered if he had done something wrong to gain her distrust so quickly. However he’d shrug it off internally, such things could be fixed with time and he had little doubt this couldn’t be either. Her next question would cause a small grin to cross his features. He would nod his head as he spoke. “Yes, I’m apart of the Kumogakure’s ‘Military’. I can certainly agree to a certain amount of hesitation in calling myself a ‘ninja’ I much prefer just grabbing a big sword and swinging away at something until it gives. I’m far less about sneaking around. I embrace the hum of battle and let it flow through me until Kumogakure’s enemies are dust. A ninja isn’t the term I’d use for that kind of fighter either.” He’d say with a small chuckle before thinking a moment and realizing his answer was rather vague. Shaking his head in exasperation with himself would he clarify. “But yes, I am a ‘shinobi’ Jounin Valris, at your service milady.” He would say with a small smile.

At this point he would consider his next words carefully, he had gone off and asked her about where she was from, but hadn’t given her any such information either. Such a thing was rude, and he should’ve known better. “I myself was born in a town called Tristram. My experience there isn’t the kind of thing one discusses at a meal table. Suffice it to say they were far less welcoming to our kind than Kumogakure has been. I almost didn’t know what to do with myself when I first arrived.” He would say giving a small shrug at the last. “I apologize if I seem forward or if I’ve made you feel in any way uncomfortable. When I saw you at the weapons shop while I was ordering my greatsword, I almost couldn’t believe there was another Yokai around. I decided to eat here soon after and when I ran into you here too, I decided that perhaps that was a sign to say hello. I hope I haven’t made a fool of myself.” He would say sheepishly.

Stats:

Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:52 am

Her speculations proved successful as Valris was apart of the military as well. Andariel found it odd how there was somebody exactly like her in the same village. She had her reasons to stay with her practices instead of adapting to the ninja climate of things. As the conversation evolved she took note of the pace of the conversation. When Valris revealed his origin she was taken by surprise, and hid it well. Her alarm was raised from a bit of suspicion to being cautious of his presence. Andariel kept her poker face remaining unmoved by Valris' revelation. It was too much of a coincidence for both of them to have the same birthplace. Especially when considering Tristram was far off from Kishin and a small town in a rural part of Khanduras. She convinced herself that Valris was a bounty hunter. But there were still a lot a lot of questions she had.

In the end she felt it was best to play it cool. She was not in any harm yet. Maybe she was over reacting? Being a succubus she was a master at pretending. This meant sustaining a flawless guise while screaming internally. "Uncomfortable? I don't know what you mean." Andariel said with sincerity in her voice while tilting her head acting genuinely confused. "I'm doing fine. No need to worry yourself. More importantly, I want to know more about you. What do you do to entertain yourself? I am curious what other Oni do in their spare time. It's not often I get the opportunity to sit down and talk to one."

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 am

Her question would spark a curiosity in Valris. Did people not start to feel uncomfortable when random strangers seemingly follow them around a town and start getting chatty with them at a restaurant? He’d let the curiosity slide as she asked about him, and this was something he was more prone to noticing. She was changing the subject away from her, and onto him. Was she hiding something? Some secret about herself? He would shrug internally, it was her business, not his. He wasn’t here to pry for information, he just wanted to get to know his fellow oni. “Well, to be honest I’m rather simple. I enjoy sex, and fighting.” He would say with a small shrug. “To be honest, which one I enjoy more depends on the day, but the former isn’t lunch conversation. The latter however makes my blood sing with the desire for more. When I get into even a light spar I feel myself getting excited as the prospect of the fight and wanting to enjoy it more and more. Other than that? I’m trying to teach myself how to cook, but that’s a skill that is developing... slowly.” He would say, adding a pause and a break of eye contact at the word as he admitted to being bad at something most took to be so simple.

“I spend the majority of my free time in figuring out how to benefit the village as much as I can. This place has been the first real home I’ve ever had. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to protect it. I also want to make sure that no one has a childhood like mine. It’s idealistic as hell I know, but that’s just the way I am I suppose.” He would say, a smile on his features as he thought of his home and those within it. “I suppose that’s it about me, I’m rather boring I’m afraid.” He would continue, a sheepish grin on his face as he admitted that he wasn’t really a very fun individual. “What about you? What do you enjoy and do in your off duty hours?” He would ask, curiosity evident in his tone.

Stats: