Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

Otsu Rework

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Otsu Rework Empty Otsu Rework

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:21 pm

I have a Suggestion to potentially make the Otsu a more desirable clan, a clan to realistically achieve full 6 Paths, all while keeping the clan fairly balanced. My idea was to limit the scope of the Rinnegan powers one person can possess. There will be three "tiers" the Otsu has for their Paths to be placed in: Primary, Auxiliary, and Tertiary.

Their Primary Path would consist of one path they would specialize it. Their Auxiliary will consist of two paths. and Finally, their Tertiary paths will be the remaining three.

Primary would represent the full power of the ability. Perhaps even a buffed version of what's written, since the benefits were created with extreme caution in a scenario that one person could possess all 6 at maximum capacity. Auxiliary would be a slightly watered down version of the abilities. And Tertiary would be even less of that. The purpose would be making all the abilities possible and easier to achieve, but some of the abilities not being a complete focus to the character.

I just don't think it should be impossible to create a full Otsu, since that's build blocking and pretty bad for the site. There should be a more logical way to receive the other paths without breaking your back. Killing 6 Otsu is almost near impossible. I don't think there's even been 6 PC deaths on the site so far.

For example, the soul sucky path (one that pretty much one-shots someone) as an Auxiliary and Tertiary path would instead take a portion of chakra from the victim. Or the Summoning path would be able to summon creatures of lesser rank not getting the full potential of the ability. Doing this makes having all 6 paths less of a nightmare and more of a clan with body. Achieving addition paths not owned would be handled like Restricteds now giving Otsu members the option to actually max their clan. Killing another Otsu would allow other Otsu to absorb their paths as usual.

Thoughts?

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Otsu Rework Empty Re: Otsu Rework

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Build blocking itself doesn't bother me. Banning the possession of more than 3 Restricteds (4 with the Renown) is a form of build blocking that is enshrined within the site because we care about balance. We are the only one of the few sites that actually allows Rinnegan period so making it possible to get a fully complete eye is rather problematic.

That being said I can also see an argument for a max Restricted loadout to being on par with a fully realized Rinnegan. I'd be fine with a version of this proposal but I'd require it to take up all of one's Restricted slots.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:Build blocking itself doesn't bother me. Banning the possession of more than 3 Restricteds (4 with the Renown) is a form of build blocking that is enshrined within the site because we care about balance. We are the only one of the few sites that actually allows Rinnegan period so making it possible to get a fully complete eye is rather problematic.

That being said I can also see an argument for a max Restricted loadout to being on par with a fully realized Rinnegan. I'd be fine with a version of this proposal but I'd require it to take up all of one's Restricted slots.

That's precisely how I imagined it. It would take all of their gibs, but they could stick onto the Otsu path if desired.

Kyoji
    Kyoji

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton/ Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: Ya boy is ballin

Post by Kyoji Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:35 pm

Hmm...so you would have to limit the amount of Otsus down. Kind of like the Nature clan. Very powerful clan, but it has setbacks but can be offseted with a certain restricted.

Stamina: A++ (Senju)
    Coordination: B > S (EGF)
    Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

Post by Kimiko Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:59 pm

I don't even think our current iteration is worth all of the restricted slots. Let alone this version which is supposed to make it easier to get additional paths, but at a weaker level.
    It is not Bijuu level, Enhanced level, and 2 Technique level combined, never was.
    Canonically it's barely even Sage Mode level, Naruto bodied Pein/Nagato with his Sage mode which was much weaker than the 9 tails was. We know this because Naruto beat him easy in both Sage Mode, as well as was completely bodying Pein in his V2 mode.
    Sure Obito and Madara had hax power with the Rinnegan, but they themselves were already god tier. Madara had EMS, Rinnegan, and was already the most powerful Uchiha to ever live. His power with the Rinnegan and 6 paths came from absorbing a God Tree/Juubi, not from the Rinnegan itself. And he was the reincarnation of Indra Otsutsuki.
    Obito was hax as he had Hashirama cells, Kamui, Rinnegan, and then became the Juubi Jinchuuriki.

Like, you're overestimating the power that the Rinnegan really has. Let's not forget, Kakashi was able to take out multiple paths by himself. Same with Jiraiya. Konohamaru took out one by himself. Naruto wiped them all out. They got some good abilities, don't get me wrong, but no way that they are worth every single Restricted. A bijuu level restricted already bodies these ones. No way no how will it take up every single restricted slot, no. Not without a major buff to warrant it.

Let's not forget, you've even said that Limbo would be a restricted. The 10 tails would be a restricted. Sage of 6 paths type stuff would be restricted. How are you supposed to have anything on an Otsu if they're all just capped already? No thank you. The abilities they have aren't really better than anything someone could do without being an Otsutsuki, so it's kinda crap that just being an Otsutsuki (having the Rinnegan) is an Enhanced Restricted already.

Let's examine their abilities.

Deva Path: Allmighty Push/Pull- Cooldown per rank, A rank force with increasing range per tier of power you put into it. Not all that bad, can be resisted or blocked pretty easily with equivalent jutsu.
    S rank power Allmighty push, which is about as destructive as GFA, (500 meter range centered on the user) but is 50 chakra and puts the entire path on cooldown. Like, what? Use any other S rank tech at that point.
    Chibaku Tensei, pretty decent, costs 25 chakra (wasn't updated to new S rank chakra cost, but that was S rank chakra before). Moves at B rank speed and has an A rank force pull, but can be destroyed with Two A rank techs, or a single S rank technique. It also follows the cooldowns of the path.
    All in all, it's nothing special. It's literally exactly the same as a jutsu of equal rank, if not worse.
    Fuuton can use the same Push/Pull function even, without having a cooldown itself.

Asura Path: It's actually a pretty interesting one, for sure. However, it buffs someone by 2 tiers, which is by itself objectively worse than most other restricted's boosts, and then it gives some utility stuff, similar to the Nature clan's ability to make things and use chakra cannons and what not. Fundamentally, it's worse in every sense, which is fine, since it's not the nature clan. I actually like this path, it's pretty decent and can make weapons, but then you remember, its an S rank technique again. The 2 tiers of boosts are what an S rank tech can do normally. The additional weapons give it some utility, but S rank techs are always allowed to give some sort of utility in addition to boosts. When you factor in that these new things also then have to be techniques as well, you realize, this isn't much better than a normal S rank technique at all. Costs A rank upkeep (15 again, wasn't updated to new levels), which saves the activation fee I suppose, but is more or less exactly what a Fighting Style is able to do and costs the same.

Human Path: Uh, you can kill someone with a touch as an S rank ability, S rank cost. That's all this really does. And most S rank techniques would also probably kill you with a touch. But this isn't even a normal S rank power technique at all. It uses the user's Stamina Vs the target's Con normally or Strength, depending on the circumstance. If your stamina is more than 2 tiers higher, you can instantly kill someone with your touch by ripping out their soul, but lets consider that that means if your stamina is S, then you kill someone with LESS than B con instantly. That's pretty par for the course on how an S rank tech would act NORMALLY.
    Now let's consider that most people don't have S tier stamina. Most people have B to A which means it only takes C or D rank Con to *actually* resist the Instant death, most people can par it, and some can outright deny it.
    Let's compare that to most S rank techniques. They don't scale damage to S rank stamina. They just DO S rank damage. Come on! This technique is objectively worse than every other S rank technique by itself, it's not even an argument. Sure, you gain all the knowledge of the person you kill, but that's not even that good to justify being literally WEAKER than other S ranks.

Animal Path: I don't even know what to say here. It gives you summoning without needing a contract. It still costs exactly the same, so like.... I guess it's a little better than normal summoning? You still gotta app what you're summoning, and it's not that big of a utility, but I suppose it's better than being restricted to one or two types of things, sure. I'll give it that. Additionally, you can summon people if they are willing, which is actually very useful. This is the first *actually* good ability I'd say. Ally summoning is very useful. Animal Path feels good! Yay! But, you know, still not 2,000 exp good, like all the eyes are for those who choose them as their starting path. I'll bring that up now, the others are shit, not worth even 0 EXP in my eyes, let alone the.... uh.... Restricted slot it takes up...

Preta Path: This one is good. I have nothing really bad to say about it at all, actually. It can absorb techniques, it can absorb a person's chakra directly with sustained contact, and it actually more or less seals an entire technique as well. That's pretty great! Buuuuut.... then again. Immobile, requires sustained absorption, can only absorb 1 technique per post, and can only absorb 15 chakra per post, so.... Easily overwhelmed, very easily countered. If the user over absorbs, they damage themselves. If they aren't versed in certain chakra, that's dangerous and they damage themselves. Absorbing ninjutsu leaves them open to physical attacks completely. It's super easy to counter, so even though it's powerful, it's got an immense amount of weaknesses as well. Soo..... yeah.

Naraka Path: This is fine. Not worth 2k by itself, but sure.

Outer Path: Probably the strongest path. Has the Gedou Mazou, which has pretty good stats and it's own ability that IS an instant kill (if it can hit). Has Chakra chains which are pretty powerful. Can restore life to those that are dead. Looking at its abilities without considering how much they actually cost and what can be replicated by other things invites one to think it might actually be extremely overpowered. But.... then you look into what the costs are, and what actually goes into the abilities, and you realize.... it's not.
    The Chains- 10 Chains, B rank speed, A tier durability. They suppress jutsu power to anyone that's touching them by 2 tiers, which is pretty great! They suppress Bijuu powers and can even drag Bijuu into the Gedou Statue if you channel the chains through the Gedou Statue. Wow that's pretty great! Excccccepppppt.... well Bijuu are fast af. They're smart af. Theyre strong af. You'll never hit them with it unless they're already restrained, which, well, as you say, if you've got them restrained already, they're already at your mercy to begin with. They're strong enough to break the chains if not hit by them. They're fast enough to dodge the chains. They're smart enough to precog away from the chains.  15 chakra activation for the chains alone, 10 upkeep, let's keep that in mind for later, yes?  And since you have to channel them through the Gedou to use them... well, lets move to that?
    The Gedou Statue- It's got some great abilities, yea? Let's look at its stats.
    stats:
    Strength: S
    Constitution: X
    Stamina: A
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: -
    WOOO! Oh... right. Except, it's summoned at 35 Chakra. Okay, yeah, it's powerful, so of course it should be. Ah... except well.... any Bijuu beat it outright. No contest. The thing that, well, exists for the sole purpose of capturing and containing... Bijuu.....
    Don't believe me? Well, let's take a further look. What first might draw your attention is that X tier constitution. Yes sir, there it is! The mythical Gladius X. Buuuut.... it's not a true X. Instead, what it is, is in fact.... S with a caveat. In fact, 3 S tier attacks. That's all it takes to force the Gedou Statue to shut down. It de summons, and then it's  unable to be summoned for 3 topics while it heals. Yikes. All Bijuu have S tier Strength so.... that means they can easily dish out that damage. Not to mention Taileld Beast Shockwaves or Bijuu Bombs to hit it safely from a distance. And their speeds and coordinations are mostly S. And a Bijuu is much smarter! Oh, and most importantly, they've got their own chakra pools.
    Right next point! The Gedou Statue doesn't use it's own chakra for anything that it does. That nifty A tier next to its stamina? Might as well be useless. Can't access it at all. It doesn't have any intelligence either, that's based on the User's Intel, since they control it. Ah... So... it's got fake X tier con, it's got no stamina of its own and it isn't intelligent on its own. It's speed and coordination are incredibly slow in comparison to Bijuu and its more comprable to just a Boss Summons.
    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.
    You might say "Ah but Lilly, if you have S tier Stamina, it doesn't matter, because that's a lot of chakra to sustain the Gedou Statue!" Haha! You got me! But..... then again, no.
    You see the Gedou Statue not only doesn't use its own stamina, but actually desummons if your stamina ever drops below 50%.... Right. That means, if you've got S tier stamina (360), if you have used 180 Stamina, it desummons automatically. And here's where that comes by fast.
    Summoning the Gedou is 35 Chakra alone. Which means if you do nothing but summon it, even with S tier stamina, that's already down to 145 Stamina that you the user can use. Keeping in mind that you'll have to manage your OWN stamina pool to not only keep the Gedou statue safe, but yourself as well. Because if it takes damage, you can't use it. Let me tell you, from personal experience: You'll spend more than 100 Chakra just to survive a Bijuu long enough to get a CHANCE to restrain it (and this is a character that's specifically physically built to be the best fighter, not a Chakra beast with S tier stamina naturally, and consequently lower physical stats). Then 35 chakra to summon the Gedou statue, since you don't want to do Bijuu fighting with it, or it'll drop faster than you can even say "oops". Then, assuming it's still up, 15 to use chains to get the restrained Bijuu, which probably didn't go down without a fight at all. So right. You see how easy it is to not be able to even use the ability? Most people don't even open up with that, as its a trump card. That's not even considering its insta kill dragon, which is also super slow, and costs 45 chakra to use and then 15 to maintain (that's 80 chakra to summon the Gedou and use the dragon channeled through it). It may be insta kill, but it's slow, and a normal S rank tech will serve you better. They're faster and cheaper.
    Not even to mention, it's incapable of travelling through Physical barriers. Doton hard counters the tech. Walls counter it. And if you don't have those just run away from it. The statue isn't super fast, the dragon isn't super fast, and it's super expensive, so within a post or so, it'll run the user dry of chakra to have the thing out in the first place.
    Let's get to the end, okay?
    Probably the best ability that this path has is the ability to reverse death. 100 chakra, bring someone back to life. Can only do that once per person, and can only be used once every 6 months. Honestly, that's pretty good. Even better, if they give up their life, they can resurrect everyone who died within a week. That's great!

----

The paths have a lot of interesting abilities when taken as a whole, but when taken as individual parts, very few even stand out. Most of the paths are WORSE than standard things, and the paths that seem better are so bad that their good things aren't even worth using unless you build a SPECIFIC way to even begin to attempt to use them for any length of time.

They arent something to fear if they have all their paths unlocked as is. I see a massive chakra suck that's completely unsustainable. I've not even mentioned the 6 Paths of Pain technique, since that's a whole problem all on its own. It's just blatantly crap, 100% worse than using a standard issue Shadow Clone. And EVERYTHING I've mentioned so far costs a LOT of EXP to even purchase. So not only are you getting bog standard crap that anyone can do better than with base techs, you're also investing in these things, weakening your stats if you get them earlier, or going without your entire Rinnegan (the only reason people play it in the first place) until you're almost maxxed out class wise. Like.... how is that even fun?

And yes, Shadow clone is 100% better than 6 Paths of Pain. And you think this clan is worth.... ALL OF SOMEONE'S RESTRICTED SLOTS?

HA! I laugh at that notion. It's disgusting is what it is. The Otsutsuki are absolute trash compared to many other clans, and they (the other clans) don't take up a restricted slot at all. The EXP investment is massive for subpar abilities. You've got to kill 6 others to complete it, and hope that you don't accidently destroy their eyes. You have to hope that someone wants to take one of the crappier abilities. You've got to hope you're the one to take them down. You've got to hope YOU don't die. You have to hope someone wants to create an Otsutsuki when there's one that has hypothetically absorbed " up to 5 others".

You're scared of the word "Rinnegan" but this is a far cry from being something to be truly scared of. If this didn't have that name attached to it, it would be massive overkill. I'm more terrified of FTG than I am of this. I'm more scared of a Perfect Sage than I am of this, completed or not. Or of someone with LRA. Or Gates. Or that Ketsu custom.
    Kyoji
    Kyoji

Character File

Post by Kyoji Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:23 am

Yea I'll never feel like writing that in depth. But I second what Nozo says.

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:32 am

Kyoji wrote:Yea I'll never feel like writing that in depth. But I second what Nozo says.

I will say I also strongly agree with all of Noz's points after the breakdown. Rinnegan was a trigger word for me for a while, but after seeing its true potential, or lack therefore of, I have a different outlook.

Last edited by Hana Kaguya on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Naito
    Naito

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Weapon Smith, Wind Release
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Post by Naito Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:00 am

If you're not scared of a Rinnegan Path ability that means whoever wrote its mechanics should be fired.

The Canonical Abilities of the Rinnegan are pretty insane. Notice Nagato with all of them bodied Bii and Naruto (mastered Jinchurikiis) and would have killed them both if not for Itachi's own hax. And this was a Nagato with no legs.

Deva Path - Negates Ninjutsu with Repulsion, can push people back with insane strength and Pulls People in. Also creates a Moon that entraps people using hax gravity. If this isn't strong it's because whoever wrote the rules for it messed up or you guys let customs get WAYYYY too strong on this site.

Naraka Path: Literally instant-kills if you lie (making it the ultimate interrogation Jutsu in RP) and can potentially revive the other Otsutsukis with the King of Hell. It also can bring back the dead at the cost of yourself. Like a whole village's worth of deaths apparently. Not the best but not terrible either.

Preta Path: Since when does the Preta Path limit you to one jutsu at a time? The Pein against Jiraiya literally swallowed 3 jutsus at a time. Just make it only work on Ninjutsu and your good. A lot of options exist in Naruto that a Ninjutsu wrecker isn't the worst thing in the world for a Restricted Slot.

Outer Path - The Statue looks weak as hell on the site, but in the show that thing was strong enough to easily resist a X-Rank Earth Jutsu (aka the Mountain Jutsu) and square off with 2 Maxed Out Akimichis in their snowflake butterfly modes. It also withstood constant attacks from Naruto and Guy and Bii when they were battling Tobi offspring. That thing's con is insane. Plus Instant Kill Dragons if you don't mind being a cripple. Also Anti-Bijuu Chains and Anti-Jinchuu Chains. This path is insanely good if the Statue was properly stated and the chains are properly written.

Animal PAth - You get like 6 Boss Contracts and they're all pretty good. Plus extra scouting because all the Rinnegan are connected. Stealth Camo Chameoleon, Flight Bird, REGENERATING DOGS THAT MULTIPLY AND NEVER DIE? What isn't good about this path? Does it not work like that on the site? Because that was your first mistake

Human Path - Soul Ripping without the Drawbacks of Reaper Death Seal. I don't even know what else you can say. Plus an instant mind-read which can technically also let you steal a person's Restricted Jutsu if it's something knowledge-based rather than a physical entity like a bijuu.

Asura Path - Okay this thing giving flight is like the only good thing about it canonically. Mecha-shit being a Rinnegan path... It's one of Kishi's cocaine-induced creations and I try to pretend it doesn't exist. But hey man just say it can give you Iron-Man armor and call it a day with this one.

The Pain Paths are not weak at all in fact they're insanely good. A character should ONLY have one at a time if they're properly mechanized and accurate to the source material. Buff the Individual Paths to do what they're supposed to do canonically and call it a day.

Also Sage Naruto had a hell of a lot of prep time and mechanical knowledge about Pein before they fought. If they fought under Death Battle rules Naruto would have gotten stomped. He barely won even with every single advantage (of which there were many) including the Nine-Tails. Let's not do my boy Nagato dirty plz

- So Says the OGF

color=#9900ff
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Kimiko wrote:I don't even think our current iteration is worth all of the restricted slots. Let alone this version which is supposed to make it easier to get additional paths, but at a weaker level.
    It is not Bijuu level, Enhanced level, and 2 Technique level combined, never was.
    Canonically it's barely even Sage Mode level, Naruto bodied Pein/Nagato with his Sage mode which was much weaker than the 9 tails was. We know this because Naruto beat him easy in both Sage Mode, as well as was completely bodying Pein in his V2 mode.

This is extremely misleading. Naruto possessed two Restricteds, 1 Bijuu and 1 Sage Mode and he was fighting ONE of Pein's paths. ONE. He almost lost to Deva Path and he needed the entire village's help to neutralize all seven paths. Absurd!

Kimiko wrote:
    Sure Obito and Madara had hax power with the Rinnegan, but they themselves were already god tier. Madara had EMS, Rinnegan, and was already the most powerful Uchiha to ever live. His power with the Rinnegan and 6 paths came from absorbing a God Tree/Juubi, not from the Rinnegan itself. And he was the reincarnation of Indra Otsutsuki.
    Obito was hax as he had Hashirama cells, Kamui, Rinnegan, and then became the Juubi Jinchuuriki.

Obito/Madara will never be used as a analysis for what is acceptable so I don't even know why to mention them.

Kimiko wrote:
    Like, you're overestimating the power that the Rinnegan really has. Let's not forget, Kakashi was able to take out multiple paths by himself. Same with Jiraiya. Konohamaru took out one by himself. Naruto wiped them all out. They got some good abilities, don't get me wrong, but no way that they are worth every single Restricted. A bijuu level restricted already bodies these ones. No way no how will it take up every single restricted slot, no. Not without a major buff to warrant it.

This was him fighting individual Paths many of whom were engaged fighting others at multiple paths. Also, he ended up dying to them. Konohamaru used Plot no Jutsu to beat an X-Class Restricted having monstrosity that can't feel pain as a genin. Just lol.

Kimiko wrote:
    Let's not forget, you've even said that Limbo would be a restricted. The 10 tails would be a restricted. Sage of 6 paths type stuff would be restricted. How are you supposed to have anything on an Otsu if they're all just capped already? No thank you. The abilities they have aren't really better than anything someone could do without being an Otsutsuki, so it's kinda crap that just being an Otsutsuki (having the Rinnegan) is an Enhanced Restricted already.

So you want to have all 6 Paths fully realized AND LIMBO? 6 Paths fully realized AND Sage of 6 Paths chakra?, 6 Paths fully realized AND a Bijuu? Fuck No.

That's beyond [REDACTED] levels.

Let's examine their abilities.

Kimiko wrote:
    Deva Path: Allmighty Push/Pull- Cooldown per rank, A rank force with increasing range per tier of power you put into it. Not all that bad, can be resisted or blocked pretty easily with equivalent jutsu.

NOT TRUE. DEVA IS SUPER POWERFUL

"The force of attraction; the user exerts a pulling field which can force any number of targets within range to fly to the user's position, preventing the targets from moving their body, which leaves only abilities and techniques which require no movement for activation and use"

Kimiko wrote:
    S rank power Allmighty push, which is about as destructive as GFA, (500 meter range centered on the user) but is 50 chakra and puts the entire path on cooldown. Like, what? Use any other S rank tech at that point.

Yeah except GFA can be countered by another elemental jutsu of equal rank and Suiton can be countered by A-Rank Suiton. This is not true for Shinra Tensei which just pushes you down, there is no "cancelling Shinra Tensei out" with an S-Rank jutsu. That's illogical and not a valid counter to Shinra Tensei.

Kimiko wrote:

Chibaku Tensei, pretty decent, costs 25 chakra (wasn't updated to new S rank chakra cost, but that was S rank chakra before). Moves at B rank speed and has an A rank force pull, but can be destroyed with Two A rank techs, or a single S rank technique. It also follows the cooldowns of the path. All in all, it's nothing special. It's literally exactly the same as a jutsu of equal rank, if not worse. Fuuton can use the same Push/Pull function even, without having a cooldown itself.

Denied. If someone registered a Fuuton technique mimicing something like Chibaku Tensei it'd be utterly denied. Creating a singularity which sucks everything towards it in every direction within 500 meters is extremely powerful.

Kimiko wrote:
    Asura Path: It's actually a pretty interesting one, for sure. However, it buffs someone by 2 tiers, which is by itself objectively worse than most other restricted's boosts, and then it gives some utility stuff, similar to the Nature clan's ability to make things and use chakra cannons and what not. Fundamentally, it's worse in every sense, which is fine, since it's not the nature clan. I actually like this path, it's pretty decent and can make weapons, but then you remember, its an S rank technique again. The 2 tiers of boosts are what an S rank tech can do normally. The additional weapons give it some utility, but S rank techs are always allowed to give some sort of utility in addition to boosts. When you factor in that these new things also then have to be techniques as well, you realize, this isn't much better than a normal S rank technique at all. Costs A rank upkeep (15 again, wasn't updated to new levels), which saves the activation fee I suppose, but is more or less exactly what a Fighting Style is able to do and costs the same.

NOT TRUE. ASURA IS SUPER POWERFUL

Damaged, destroyed, or launched body parts generally take one round to regenerate -instantly if they are reattached

In addition to all the stuff you quoted, which by itself is Restricted level because it grants freeform transformation of body parts into rockets, lazers, and other gimmicks.... Asura Path also allows for the instant regeneration of body parts in a single post. That's as good or better than Senju regeneration.

You have to utterly and completely destroy/dismantly the body in its entirety. It cannot be wounded.

Kimiko wrote:
    Human Path: Uh, you can kill someone with a touch as an S rank ability, S rank cost. That's all this really does. And most S rank techniques would also probably kill you with a touch. But this isn't even a normal S rank power technique at all. It uses the user's Stamina Vs the target's Con normally or Strength, depending on the circumstance. If your stamina is more than 2 tiers higher, you can instantly kill someone with your touch by ripping out their soul, but lets consider that that means if your stamina is S, then you kill someone with LESS than B con instantly. That's pretty par for the course on how an S rank tech would act NORMALLY.
    Now let's consider that most people don't have S tier stamina. Most people have B to A which means it only takes C or D rank Con to *actually* resist the Instant death, most people can par it, and some can outright deny it.
    Let's compare that to most S rank techniques. They don't scale damage to S rank stamina. They just DO S rank damage. Come on! This technique is objectively worse than every other S rank technique by itself, it's not even an argument. Sure, you gain all the knowledge of the person you kill, but that's not even that good to justify being literally WEAKER than other S ranks.

NOT TRUE. HUMAN IS SUPER POWERFUL

As Naisu pointed out not only does it kill on contact (albeit with restrictions like every other balanced S-Rank) it also grants you all the knowledge of everything the user knew.

Techniques, Restricteds, Exclusives Location of all secret bases, money, resources sites, everything. Everything. Lol at it being weaker than an S-Rank just fucking lol.

Kimiko wrote:
    Animal Path: I don't even know what to say here. It gives you summoning without needing a contract. It still costs exactly the same, so like.... I guess it's a little better than normal summoning? You still gotta app what you're summoning, and it's not that big of a utility, but I suppose it's better than being restricted to one or two types of things, sure. I'll give it that. Additionally, you can summon people if they are willing, which is actually very useful.

I agree

This is the first *actually* good ability I'd say.

Lol if you think 1 round limb/organ regeneration, attraction with no physical recourse +singularity creation, and instant knowledge of everything someone knows upon contact death are bad abilities. You are out of your mind.

Ally summoning is very useful. Animal Path feels good! Yay! But, you know, still not 2,000 exp good, like all the eyes are for those who choose them as their starting path. I'll bring that up now, the others are shit, not worth even 0 EXP in my eyes, let alone the.... uh.... Restricted slot it takes up...

Again, if you can't see utility in the things I've mentioned you've lost it!

Preta Path: This one is good. I have nothing really bad to say about it at all, actually. It can absorb techniques, it can absorb a person's chakra directly with sustained contact, and it actually more or less seals an entire technique as well. That's pretty great! Buuuuut.... then again. Immobile, requires sustained absorption, can only absorb 1 technique per post, and can only absorb 15 chakra per post, so.... Easily overwhelmed, very easily countered. If the user over absorbs, they damage themselves. If they aren't versed in certain chakra, that's dangerous and they damage themselves. Absorbing ninjutsu leaves them open to physical attacks completely. It's super easy to counter, so even though it's powerful, it's got an immense amount of weaknesses as well. Soo..... yeah.

All the drawbacks you listed keep this from being an unapproachable mess. The counter to it literally requires the opponent to SPAM chakra while you GAIN chakra at a rate of 1 technique per round of their endless spam.

The only non-regular chakra that could cause adverse effects are related to Restricteds. A well deserved strategy for someone with that ability.

If it didn't have those weaknesses, it'd be banned. Probably the strongest or second strongest of them.

Naraka Path: This is fine. Not worth 2k by itself, but sure.

Well either they die or lose half their chakra so yes worth 2K.

Outer Path: Probably the strongest path. Has the Gedou Mazou, which has pretty good stats and it's own ability that IS an instant kill (if it can hit). Has Chakra chains which are pretty powerful. Can restore life to those that are dead. Looking at its abilities without considering how much they actually cost and what can be replicated by other things invites one to think it might actually be extremely overpowered. But.... then you look into what the costs are, and what actually goes into the abilities, and you realize.... it's not.
    The Chains- 10 Chains, B rank speed, A tier durability. They suppress jutsu power to anyone that's touching them by 2 tiers, which is pretty great! They suppress Bijuu powers and can even drag Bijuu into the Gedou Statue if you channel the chains through the Gedou Statue. Wow that's pretty great! Excccccepppppt.... well Bijuu are fast af. They're smart af. Theyre strong af. You'll never hit them with it unless they're already restrained, which, well, as you say, if you've got them restrained already, they're already at your mercy to begin with. They're strong enough to break the chains if not hit by them. They're fast enough to dodge the chains. They're smart enough to precog away from the chains.  15 chakra activation for the chains alone, 10 upkeep, let's keep that in mind for later, yes?  And since you have to channel them through the Gedou to use them... well, lets move to that?
    The Gedou Statue- It's got some great abilities, yea? Let's look at its stats.
    stats:
    Strength: S
    Constitution: X
    Stamina: A
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: -
    WOOO! Oh... right. Except, it's summoned at 35 Chakra. Okay, yeah, it's powerful, so of course it should be. Ah... except well.... any Bijuu beat it outright. No contest. The thing that, well, exists for the sole purpose of capturing and containing... Bijuu.....
    Don't believe me? Well, let's take a further look. What first might draw your attention is that X tier constitution. Yes sir, there it is! The mythical Gladius X. Buuuut.... it's not a true X. Instead, what it is, is in fact.... S with a caveat. In fact, 3 S tier attacks. That's all it takes to force the Gedou Statue to shut down. It de summons, and then it's  unable to be summoned for 3 topics while it heals. Yikes. All Bijuu have S tier Strength so.... that means they can easily dish out that damage. Not to mention Taileld Beast Shockwaves or Bijuu Bombs to hit it safely from a distance. And their speeds and coordinations are mostly S. And a Bijuu is much smarter! Oh, and most importantly, they've got their own chakra pools.
    Right next point! The Gedou Statue doesn't use it's own chakra for anything that it does. That nifty A tier next to its stamina? Might as well be useless. Can't access it at all. It doesn't have any intelligence either, that's based on the User's Intel, since they control it. Ah... So... it's got fake X tier con, it's got no stamina of its own and it isn't intelligent on its own. It's speed and coordination are incredibly slow in comparison to Bijuu and its more comprable to just a Boss Summons.
    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.
    You might say "Ah but Lilly, if you have S tier Stamina, it doesn't matter, because that's a lot of chakra to sustain the Gedou Statue!" Haha! You got me! But..... then again, no.
    You see the Gedou Statue not only doesn't use its own stamina, but actually desummons if your stamina ever drops below 50%.... Right. That means, if you've got S tier stamina (360), if you have used 180 Stamina, it desummons automatically. And here's where that comes by fast.
    Summoning the Gedou is 35 Chakra alone. Which means if you do nothing but summon it, even with S tier stamina, that's already down to 145 Stamina that you the user can use. Keeping in mind that you'll have to manage your OWN stamina pool to not only keep the Gedou statue safe, but yourself as well. Because if it takes damage, you can't use it. Let me tell you, from personal experience: You'll spend more than 100 Chakra just to survive a Bijuu long enough to get a CHANCE to restrain it (and this is a character that's specifically physically built to be the best fighter, not a Chakra beast with S tier stamina naturally, and consequently lower physical stats). Then 35 chakra to summon the Gedou statue, since you don't want to do Bijuu fighting with it, or it'll drop faster than you can even say "oops". Then, assuming it's still up, 15 to use chains to get the restrained Bijuu, which probably didn't go down without a fight at all. So right. You see how easy it is to not be able to even use the ability? Most people don't even open up with that, as its a trump card. That's not even considering its insta kill dragon, which is also super slow, and costs 45 chakra to use and then 15 to maintain (that's 80 chakra to summon the Gedou and use the dragon channeled through it). It may be insta kill, but it's slow, and a normal S rank tech will serve you better. They're faster and cheaper.
    Not even to mention, it's incapable of travelling through Physical barriers. Doton hard counters the tech. Walls counter it. And if you don't have those just run away from it. The statue isn't super fast, the dragon isn't super fast, and it's super expensive, so within a post or so, it'll run the user dry of chakra to have the thing out in the first place.
    Let's get to the end, okay?
    Probably the best ability that this path has is the ability to reverse death. 100 chakra, bring someone back to life. Can only do that once per person, and can only be used once every 6 months. Honestly, that's pretty good. Even better, if they give up their life, they can resurrect everyone who died within a week. That's great!

Not even going to respond to all of this. Outer Path is the most OP and broken of all of them. I wish I had just out of hand denied it because balancing something so broken is near impossible.

----

The paths have a lot of interesting abilities when taken as a whole, but when taken as individual parts, very few even stand out. Most of the paths are WORSE than standard things, and the paths that seem better are so bad that their good things aren't even worth using unless you build a SPECIFIC way to even begin to attempt to use them for any length of time.

They arent something to fear if they have all their paths unlocked as is. I see a massive chakra suck that's completely unsustainable. I've not even mentioned the 6 Paths of Pain technique, since that's a whole problem all on its own. It's just blatantly crap, 100% worse than using a standard issue Shadow Clone. And EVERYTHING I've mentioned so far costs a LOT of EXP to even purchase. So not only are you getting bog standard crap that anyone can do better than with base techs, you're also investing in these things, weakening your stats if you get them earlier, or going without your entire Rinnegan (the only reason people play it in the first place) until you're almost maxxed out class wise. Like.... how is that even fun?

And yes, Shadow clone is 100% better than 6 Paths of Pain. And you think this clan is worth.... ALL OF SOMEONE'S RESTRICTED SLOTS?

HA! I laugh at that notion. It's disgusting is what it is. The Otsutsuki are absolute trash compared to many other clans, and they (the other clans) don't take up a restricted slot at all. The EXP investment is massive for subpar abilities. You've got to kill 6 others to complete it, and hope that you don't accidently destroy their eyes. You have to hope that someone wants to take one of the crappier abilities. You've got to hope you're the one to take them down. You've got to hope YOU don't die. You have to hope someone wants to create an Otsutsuki when there's one that has hypothetically absorbed " up to 5 others".

You're scared of the word "Rinnegan" but this is a far cry from being something to be truly scared of. If this didn't have that name attached to it, it would be massive overkill. I'm more terrified of FTG than I am of this. I'm more scared of a Perfect Sage than I am of this, completed or not. Or of someone with LRA. Or Gates. Or that Ketsu custom.

The totality of the Rinnegan as it exists is far stronger than any single Enhanced State and now that we've nerfed Bijuu its stronger than a Bijuu level Restricted. There is absolutely no way I'm sympathetic to the idea that we should treat a fully realized Rinnegan as occupying 1 Restricted slot. Its too OP and I'm fuming mad that if I tried to get all of these abilities into my custom restricted it'd be absolutely denied.

As you know I am generally very much against buffing Clans that are canonically already powerful due to the sheer number of abilities they grant. However, I can and have been persuaded to allow experience cuts and buffs where I think there are reasonable.

I think there is an argument for Otsu to be reworked.

I think there is an argument for Otsu to allow for the possibility of all 7 Paths.

I DO NOT think there is an argument for Otsu to allow 7 Paths under 1 Restricted under the auspicies of allowing multiple full powered Paths and less powered ones. I think that's making a critical mistake that has destroyed other sites and I fear it will suck the joy out of the site for myself and others who don't have a Rinne character.

Character File

Post by Kyoji Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Damn Nyg killed that. But we can all agree it needs a rework at least. So lets try to do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 am