Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+2
Seid
Hana Kaguya
6 posters

09/24 Site Update

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

09/24 Site Update Empty 09/24 Site Update

Post by Hana Kaguya Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 am

BEFORE YOU TURN AWAY

This is not a bashing/hate suggestion. But I noticed a handful of things were overlooked and some things unclear in the most recent update. So instead of launching 20 posts in Discord or destroying someone's DMs with my inquiries I decided to organize them here. And hopefully, if someone else is equally confused, may find their answers here.

Anyways, this is an open discussion for all members. So let's jump into it.

Removing Elemental Perks: For those of you who were unaware, Elements did have some minor perks which made the investment into the Skill worth the 1 SP. Each element had a tasteful perk, which I'm going to list briefly below:

Fire: All Fire techs are +1 rank in power
    Water: All Water techs with a spring source are reduced in CP cost by 1 rank
    Wind: All cutting Wind techs are +1 rank in power
    Lightning: All Lightning techs could stun, resulting in a debuff to their opponent's stat -1 rank in power to the actual technique
    Earth: All Earth technique are +1 rank in power

The purpose of these perks were to make investing in Elemental Ninjutsu an appealing option. Before the perks were applied, there was controversy surrounding the ultimate benefit of non-elemental Ninjutsu. Unlike Elemental Ninjutsu, non-elemental Ninjutsu is not subject to any strengths or weaknesses. This means non-elemental Ninjutsu can be put up against ANY Ninjutsu without the risk of a weakness being exploited. And better yet, non-elemental Ninjutsu requires zero Skill Point investment. This means anybody with Ninjutsu could register non-elemental Ninjutsu.

The purpose of the Elemental Perks were to make the Skill Point investment into the Elements worthwhile and not make non-elemental technique an ace in the hole. I'm unsure why these perks were removed, but removing them puts the site back to square one regarding the issue with non-elemental technique.

Does anybody feel the same? If so, like and subscribe. Oh, and comment below.

Provisions: Overall I feel this was a good update. However, a couple things were overlooked. Now at first when I checked out the Chemistry page I noticed D-tier and C-tier provisions grant nothing now? I'm unsure if this was intentional or a mistake, but it makes D-tier and C-tier provisions just a cash dump. You could argue it's for RP sake...but just RP food at that point. The second thing regarding the Provision update was actually the Pet system. Pets can be consumed to yield a minor stat buff working as a weakened version of provisions.

Since Provisions were nerfed, Pets serve as a much better (and exploitable) option. For example: Bige Pige can be bought for 5,000 ryo at the Pet Shop and yield a +2 adv to any stat. To receive something similar to that through Chemistry one would have to invest in A-tier Provisions, which can cost roughly 60,000 ryo. There is also to consider the Black Market provisions which are equal to Pets.

My Suggestion Regarding Provisions:

Fuuinjutsu Nerf: I'm not sure where this came from, and frankly I don't have any characters that use Fuuinjutsu so I'm looking at this from an open mind. But I feel a blanketing "5 post cooldown" for sealing active technique is odd. It heavily nerfs Fuuinjutsu, to my knowledge, for no apparent reason since sealing IS a key function of Fuuinjutsu. By putting strict guidelines over Fuuinjutsu you ultimately end up chastising its primary function as a skill, which is sealing.

Sealing Active technique requires something to seal it in. This requires scrolls (which have a finite amount of space), prepping, and chakra. The scroll/tag dimensional space is a natural drawback on its own. Higher ranking Fire Ninjutsu generally cover a large area. A single tag can store 5 feet. So attempting to seal GFA with a single tag would successfully seal 5 cubic feet of said flames, and the user being reduced to ashes. Sealing VERY BIG technique would require a big scroll, which would have to be custom made since the store does not sell such a thing.

Closure: Overall I feel this update was beneficial for the site as it tackles a lot of issues. However, I feel some issues weren't addressed properly. I'm hoping to be enlightened with the reason for some of these updates so I can understand the decision better than I do now.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Seid
    Seid
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: S
    Ryo: 260,000

09/24 Site Update Empty Re: 09/24 Site Update

Post by Seid Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:02 pm

I can agree with the elements and the Fuuin nerf arguments. Not sure about provisions as I dont really understand them. Wouldnt mind them being gone completely but they are apart of the game so koo.

Last edited by Seid on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stamina: S++ (Otsu, Metropolis)
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: C
    Perception: B
    Nikuyo
    Nikuyo

Post by Nikuyo Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm

The investment into elements themselves are the perk for the elements. Sure, anyone can use ninjutsu if they take the ninjutsu skill. Non-elemental ninjutsu typically isn't as strong as elemental ninjutsu though. It has utility, yes, but the raw power of techniques like Great Waterfall or GFA more than makes up for non-elemental ninjutsu being more widely available. It SHOULD be more widely available since it's the only thing actually taught at academies. If it's something everyone is taught, then it should be known and more widely available than a specific part of ninjutsu would be, aka the elements. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, it's completely logical. But giving elements perks is essentially like giving out free UAs to anybody who took an element. Suiton is essentially a free rank reduction since anybody can use Exploding Colliding Wave. Bam, free rank reduction. Fire having more power for burning techniques (95% of its techniques) is a free rank increase UA. The lightning perk was just... it was just absolutely ridiculous. A free B tier debuff for simply hitting an opponent with a raiton technique is bonkers beyond belief and wouldn't be accepted as a UA at all. The only one of these that wasn't blatantly overpowering was the one for Doton since it actually is a flexible element and the perk didn't affect basically everything it did like katon's did.

Fuuinjutsu was nerfed because I made a custom that turned Akame's body into a scroll and Nyg was worried about its potential in combat. I agree with everything you say about the fuuinjutsu nerf and brought up almost all the same points in the discussion, but that is the reason this nerf was brought up and implemented.

Provisions are essentially an exchange of ryo for stats. That's it. They're free stats which is something our systems were never meant to account for to such a massive degree. Two tiers for something people can get spamming a few missions in a week is just not balanced in any way, shape, or form. Enchantments at the very least can be countered by disarming someone or ripping a piece of armor off, but provisions had literally nothing to counter them once ingested short of killing the person who ingested them.

Items:

Spoiler:
    Daisuke Kaguya
    Daisuke Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu
    Class: D

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:08 am

Despite Tsuyo's comments about the elemental perks on the above, I still concur with Zach that the whole reason why elements had perks in the first place is to make them worth investing into. Sure, some of them could be nerfed a little but with the power they had previously, I don't think that's enough of a reason to cut them out completely. Now, what's to stop a player from focusing/making on non-elemental jutsu? the only difference now between elemental and non-elemental jutsu is that non-elemental jutsu have no weakness, no point investing in elements which do have weaknesses. I suggest you bring the perks back, but dummy them down a bit in power, instead of increasing whole tiers of power, make it a few pluses or have circumstantial effects like how water jutsu cost less to use if you use the water from a water source.

I'd have to concur with Tsuyo on the account of provisions however, even I found it a bit odd that entire tiers of stats could be boosted by simply ingesting food.

As for fuuinjutsu, we barely have enough users of it on the site as it is and it seems a bit odd to nerf it heavily to such a point because of one singular technique Tsuyo had made. If a nerf had to be in place, maybe make it so you don't punish players so heavily for choosing to focus on sealing, which is fuuinjutsu's primary purpose? instead of a 5 post cooldown, something like 2 or 3 to appease the admins, and so players who choose to invest in fuuinjutsu aren't completely fucked over.

Just my two cents, thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Nikuyo wrote:The investment into elements themselves are the perk for the elements. Sure, anyone can use ninjutsu if they take the ninjutsu skill. Non-elemental ninjutsu typically isn't as strong as elemental ninjutsu though. It has utility, yes, but the raw power of techniques like Great Waterfall or GFA more than makes up for non-elemental ninjutsu being more widely available.

This is completely false. Without these perks a B-rank Non-Elemental Technique would be the same power as a B-rank Elemental Technique.

But giving elements perks is essentially like giving out free UAs to anybody who took an element.

That's exactly the point. You invest in a Skill Point to choose an Element, which represents a perk.

Fire is unnaturally hot fortified with chakra
    Earth has unnaturally tough defense fortified with chakra
    Wind grinds itself down to a feather edge fortified with chakra
    Water with a source is merely manipulating it, rather than creating an element from chakra
    Lightning imitates natural lightning which reacts to the body's nervous system

Elemental perks represent a Ninjutsu master utilizing that element to its limits. And as I mentioned previously, without ANY form of perks the investment into the Element is pointless. Looking as it from a numbers perspective a technique's power is determined by its rank, which is E thru S. Having an element doesn't make it anymore superior than non-elemental.

Fuuinjutsu was nerfed because I made a custom that turned Akame's body into a scroll and Nyg was worried about its potential in combat. I agree with everything you say about the fuuinjutsu nerf and brought up almost all the same points in the discussion, but that is the reason this nerf was brought up and implemented.

Yeah I don't know the specifics of the technique, but if that's their only motivation for the universal cooldown I feel it was approached badly. From the sounds of it the technique should've just been denied. Sealing technique in its base form is fine since it requires preparations and the right tools. If sealing jutsu is being chastised for sealing, it really makes the Skill not even worth investing into.

Provisions are essentially an exchange of ryo for stats. That's it. They're free stats which is something our systems were never meant to account for to such a massive degree. Two tiers for something people can get spamming a few missions in a week is just not balanced in any way, shape, or form. Enchantments at the very least can be countered by disarming someone or ripping a piece of armor off, but provisions had literally nothing to counter them once ingested short of killing the person who ingested them.

Nobody is arguing for 2 tiers. My initial argument is that I agree with the nerf, however D rank and C rank provisions don't offer any stat boosts.

Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Ryo: a looot

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Nikuyo wrote:Non-elemental ninjutsu typically isn't as strong as elemental ninjutsu though. It has utility, yes, but the raw power of techniques like Great Waterfall or GFA more than makes up for non-elemental ninjutsu being more widely available.

This is false. The raw power of non-elemental Ninjutsu is exactly the same as the raw power of elemental Ninjutsu. Which creates a problem which I will illustrate with an example.

Person A took Ninjutsu. 1 skill point.

Person B took Ninjutsu and an element. 2 skill points.

Person A can create an arsenal of techniques with Ninjutsu that rivals elemental ninjutsu in power. Not only that, but Non-elemental Ninjutsu has no weaknesses that can be explored.

In terms of defense, there is no chakra structure capable of overpowering Person A's non-elemental S-rank barrier. Because it literally has no weaknesses.

On the other hand, if Person A registers a custom non-elemental chakra canon, there is no technique capable of resisting it.

And this persists even tho one side has used 2 skill points, and the other has only used 1. This is clearly a problem to me and one we acknowledged before.

The solution was came up with were Elemental Perks, which made the investment in elemental Ninjutsu worth it. Unfortunately there were a few balance issues where some perks were too good *cough*Raiton*cough*. The new solution is that only elemental Ninjutsu can boost things.

Personally I would really prefer to fix the perks instead of completely removing them. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be open to hear them out.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 am

Uchiha Akihiro wrote:
    The solution was came up with were Elemental Perks, which made the investment in elemental Ninjutsu worth it. Unfortunately there were a few balance issues where some perks were too good *cough*Raiton*cough*. The new solution is that only elemental Ninjutsu can boost things.

Personally I would really prefer to fix the perks instead of completely removing them. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be open to hear them out.

Yeah allowing Elemental Ninjutsu to boost really isn't too great seeing as practically every combat skill allows boosting to some extent, and more practical abilities on top of that. For instance, Ijutsu can boost just about every stat. Ijutsu also grants medical knowledge, poison creation, medicine creation up to B-rank, and Ijutsu abilities like healing and whatnot.

But it seems you and Dread share the same view that the previous perks were a bit overpowered and would rather see newer perks.

Unfortunately the original perks were what seemed to have made the most sense, so I can't really help in that department. And frankly, bringing the Advantage system into jutsu power would be awful and over complicate things.

Since Gladius doesn't have any rigid system for registering jutsu it's very limited to what we can do with perks. I could see Wind having double range than usual, but range all depends on the jutsu itself. Below is my attempt of narrowing the perks power benefit to a specific category.

Fire: +1 rank to power
    Water: -1 rank in CP cost
    Wind: +1 rank for cutting
    Lightning: +1 rank for piercing
    Earth: +1 rank for solid structures

Fire: It's inevitably pure damage. There is little versatility to the element and it serves as a destructive purpose which is why I'm not against a blanketing power boost. It's poor defensively and either comes out in a ball or inferno. You do damage with it.

Water: Keeping the cost reduction perk for obvious reasons stated above.

Wind: Keeping the cutting bonus as I mentioned above. Cutting is stated to be Wind's primary role.

Lightning: I dumped the stun feature and decided to go a similar route with Wind, but instead made its focus on piercing. Most Lightning technique always seem to strike an opponent in a spear or beam, and it makes sense that the amount of concentrated power could be very destructive.

Earth: Earth release is fortified Earth. It's easy for mid level Earth technique (Earth Spear) to reach diamond-level hardness. This suggests solid Earth technique is generally made out of some really hard stuff. As for mud, dust, and other Earth-related technique that is not solid it tends to falter.

Against Other Elements: It was discussed previously but not officially implemented. But to bring it up again, if two elements go against each other and one is a strength to the other element, the weaker element loses its perks if applicable.

Nikuyo
    Nikuyo

Post by Nikuyo Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:17 pm

It has no weaknesses and it has no strengths, either. No non elemental ninjutsu can overpower a S rank barrier of an element either. One can theoretically create an arsenal of non-elemental ninjutsu that's nothing but S ranks but then they'd burn their chakra out relatively quickly if they use only S rank techniques. Non-elemental ninjutsu is also somewhat restrictive in that many of the things non-elemental chakra can do is already relegated to other skills such as healing and genjutsu. Being able to create an entire lake with raw chakra is incredible utility and with the proposed perk would be unfair. Anybody with Suiton would have a free rank reduction because paying 10 chakra for rank reductions on A and S rank jutsu for the rest of the thread is a very useful ability. I don't see anybody not abusing that, quite frankly.

In that same vein, there are very few if any non-elemental jutsu that have the magnitude of attacks like Great Waterfall. Sure, Clone Great Explosion is A rank too but it wouldn't be able to cancel out an attack like Great Waterfall since it has such a wide berth. Elemental ninjutsu has consistently been shown to have larger effects at the same rank as non-elemental techniques, hence me saying that non-elemental ninjutsu is mostly utility. There aren't any non-elemental ninjutsu like GFA, Great Waterfall, Swamp of the Underworld, Pressure Damage, etc. That's more what I meant by raw power.

Barriers require fuuinjutsu in basically all cases I'm fairly certain. If there's a canon barrier jutsu that doesn't require fuuinjutsu, please tell me what it is so I can see. I'm genuinely curious as I don't see one listed anywhere in our jutsu library that is under non-elemental techniques. That requires either 1 skill that isn't even ninjutsu or it requires both fuuinjutsu and ninjutsu. The simple solution to this is to make fuuinjutsu a requirement for any barriers which makes perfect sense as a restriction. As to chakra cannons... well, Nature Clan and bijuu are really the only things to use those in canon I'm pretty sure. At least, not without the aid of a machine which would require Engineering/ Weapon crafting.

The better solution here is to try to keep non-elemental techniques to a utility role rather than a powerhouse role and actually enforce that. Most of the high power non-elemental ninjutsu is either restricted in some fashion from general use, has a fairly small size or scope in comparison with rank, or both. The rest of the high level ninjutsu and the rest of the list besides a couple of B ranks are utility techniques.

Making five skills much stronger instead of limiting the scope of one skill seems like a bad way to go about balancing things.

As for provisions, I see the point. It'd be best to move the given boosts down a couple ranks so that D tier granted +. Then A and S tier could just be the tier bonus but with longer duration/ shorter waiting time.

Items:

Spoiler:
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Nikuyo wrote:It has no weaknesses and it has no strengths, either. No non elemental ninjutsu can overpower a S rank barrier of an element either.

A Non-Elemental Ninjutsu can destroy an S-rank barrier. This is nothing up for debate. Currently, with the rules as they are written, it can. I can make an S-rank Earth wall and have it be destroyed with an S-rank Non-Elemental beam. There are no additional calculations done. It's a simple rank vs. rank comparison.

The Strengths are pointless because they come with weaknesses as a package deal. I understand that yes you can invest in Water to be good against Fire, but Water is just going to be weak against Earth now. Investing into Elements just becomes a pointless game card game of "Haha, my Element could be good against you if you have my weak element. I just hope you don't have my Element's weakness!"

Overall it's a waste of time. Make a non-elemental aura of protection, ranks D thru S. You can defend against anything at that point.

In that same vein, there are very few if any non-elemental jutsu that have the magnitude of attacks like Great Waterfall. Sure, Clone Great Explosion is A rank too but it wouldn't be able to cancel out an attack like Great Waterfall since it has such a wide berth. Elemental ninjutsu has consistently been shown to have larger effects at the same rank as non-elemental techniques, hence me saying that non-elemental ninjutsu is mostly utility. There aren't any non-elemental ninjutsu like GFA, Great Waterfall, Swamp of the Underworld, Pressure Damage, etc. That's more what I meant by raw power.

I can agree with you that Elemental technique have more room to become AoE. Creating a sea of chakra would be impossible (even though Explosions are fine, but not quite the same caliber.) But AoE is not really justifiable for spending a Skill Point on.

The better solution here is to try to keep non-elemental techniques to a utility role rather than a powerhouse role and actually enforce that. Most of the high power non-elemental ninjutsu is either restricted in some fashion from general use, has a fairly small size or scope in comparison with rank, or both. The rest of the high level ninjutsu and the rest of the list besides a couple of B ranks are utility techniques.

Back when we considered this issue, nerfing non-elemental technique was our first thought. However it was unpopular, largely because we would need to make guidelines on what is passable. Then there was the general argument of restricting non-elemental Ninjutsu. I know we try to be flexible on this site and limiting non-elemental to supplementary roles is not the best way to go with in.

Making five skills much stronger instead of limiting the scope of one skill seems like a bad way to go about balancing things.

This ties into what I mentioned above. Additionally the problem with limited Non-Elemental Ninjutsu is its limited nature in general. Not limited in the sense of capability, but what it represents. Non-Elemental technique is just pure energy. The only way to really limit is would be to strip away a lot of its functionality.

These Elemental Perks worked as situational UAs for the elements which made them practical to invest into. There were plans of applying perks to Advanced Elements too, as these perks shouldn't be limited to the basic five elements. I believe Non-Elemental is fine with Elemental perks. Every Ninja has access to non-elemental Ninjutsu which makes it extremely accessible. Investing into an Element should increase the power of the user and not involve them in some silly card game of "Element vs. Element."

There was another argument of unique chakra forms like Nature being tossed under the same roof as non-elemental. Although it is non-elemental, I would go as far as to provide perks for unique non-elemental skills, like Nature chakra. Nature chakra was unlike regular chakra, so it would make sense for it to be special. But the generic chakra that everybody has access to, with or without the Ninjutsu skill? It's easily accessible, so it shouldn't hold up well to any element or advanced trait (Sage, Nature, Cursed Mark, Sound, etc.)

But the general argument is that the bare bones non-elemental get-up shouldn't be special when you look at Elements (costs SP), Adv Elements (costs SP and EXP), or unique chakra (costs SP and EXP.)

As for provisions, I see the point. It'd be best to move the given boosts down a couple ranks so that D tier granted +. Then A and S tier could just be the tier bonus but with longer duration/ shorter waiting time.

That's what I suggested. It's in the spoiler in my first post. I essentially made D/C have +1 adv, B/A have +2 adv, and S have +3 adv (one tier.) C-rank would have less countdowns and better duration than D-rank and A-rank would have less countdowns and better duration than B-rank.

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Thank you all so very much for your feedback on the recent changes. I wanted a chance to read everyone's thoughts and reflect upon them before I responded. We absolutely appreciate suggestions like these as it gives us insight into what's important to you guys and how we can improve the site. That being said, here are my thoughts regarding the concerns raised:

Provisions

I agree with your points here Zach and I actually think your suggestion is a good idea. I will pitch it to staff to be voted on and implemented.

Fuunin Nerf

Note that this cool down is NOT for ALL Fuuninjutsu. It is specifically for sealing live techniques that is to say jutsu cast and directly fired by someone. The rationale for nerfing such Fuuninjutsu is because currently there are only two abilities that do this. The Sucky Rinnegan Path (whose name I cannot remember) and Dark Release. Both of these abilities costs a skill point and one of them takes up a Restricted Enhanced State slot. Thus, the idea of someone creating a character that could seal live jutsu is very problematic and poses a serious issue. Yes this concern was prompted by looking over Tsuyo's customs but in order to create a fair and objective standard that all customs could be judged by we decided upon this rule as a ceiling for all custom Fuunin.

We definitely don't want people just sealing jutsu left and right as a form of absolute defense. With a scroll or without a scroll such an ability would be broken unless we imposed additional restrictions on it. Although, I am open to other restrictions other than the ones listed.

Elemental Nerf

This seems to be the most contentious issue raised so let me start by explaining the rationale for the rule change.

When you have noteworthy and powerful elemental perks you end up with a situation where there are countless broken interactions between these perks and canon jutsu. Some have already pointed these interactions out but suffice to say there are certain canon jutsu who don't need certain elemental perks. Each perk associated with an element must be double-checked against the entire elemental library to ensure that the interactions are not broken.

ADDITIONALLY,

All custom elemental ninjutsu will need to be evaluated with these perks in mind. We are already short-staffed as a group of Admins and Moderators so the idea of creating even more work to checking jutsu isn't exactly palatable at the moment.

I don't think we've ever had a problem with people refusing to pick elements because of the problem you've isolated. Almost every character on this site has an element or multiple elements. Almost all of the strongest exclusives for each village require the possession of that nation's signature element. Multiple advanced releases require basic elements and each element already has non-exclusive elemental jutsu that are quite powerful on their own. In short, there has never been a lack of elemental users on Gladius so in my mind there is no problem.

With respect to elements vs non-elements, I'd sooner ban non-elemental auras than give elements a bunch of perks that may have broken when they interact with specific jutsu. Although I do not think a ban on non-elemental auras and protections are necessary. Elements grant the ability to learn highly coveted canon exclusives or even really good non-exclusive jutsu as well as other characteristics that cannot be mimicked by non-elemental jutsu. Finally, they can provide stat boosts whereas non-elements cannot.

Tbh, the canon jutsu that elements let you learn is well worth the skill point:

Water: Kirisame, Water Heavens Convergence, Hidden Mist, that one Camo technique

Lightning: LRA, Kirin, Chidori and its variants,

Fire: GFA, Amaterasu, that one barrier technique

Wind: that one technique that created such friction that it allowed Danzo to cut Susanoo, kaze no yaiba.

Earth: the giant tech that can trap ten tails, the underground tunneling jutsu tobi used

Also again, Elemental Ninjutsu is required for advanced elements. So its not like they don't have their usages at all you can't have an elemental KKG without them.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Shimiko Chinoike wrote:
    The rationale for nerfing such Fuuninjutsu is because currently there are only two abilities that do this. The Sucky Rinnegan Path (whose name I cannot remember) and Dark Release. Both of these abilities costs a skill point and one of them takes up a Restricted Enhanced State slot.

We definitely don't want people just sealing jutsu left and right as a form of absolute defense. With a scroll or without a scroll such an ability would be broken unless we imposed additional restrictions on it. Although, I am open to other restrictions other than the ones listed.

As far as I know, the two abilities you listed above can seal Ninjutsu on the fly, indiscriminately, at any size.

Your traditional sealing method:

A.) Requires a technique. This means you must learn several technique to seal all elements.
    B.) Requires a medium. The biggest weakness is the limited size of a scroll.
    C.) Requires preparations. You have to write up and prepare scrolls beforehand. If you carry 6 scrolls designed to seal Fire, but your opponent uses Lightning you're SOL

My alternative compromise to the issue would be forcing cooldowns based on the technique. For instance, an S-rank Fuuinjutsu technique would have no cooldown time because the technique is very high ranked and essentially mastered. Your generic B-rank Fuuinjutsu technique (Fire Sealing Method) would have a 2 or 3 post cooldown before another live sealing technique can be used.

I just don't agree that an overarching 5 post cooldown for live sealing technique.

Elemental Nerf

This seems to be the most contentious issue raised so let me start by explaining the rationale for the rule change.

When you have noteworthy and powerful elemental perks you end up with a situation where there are countless broken interactions between these perks and canon jutsu.

If the perks were exploitable or overlooked, I feel the best course of action would be to change them. Removing them all together brings us back to our first issue, which was stated above.

I don't think we've ever had a problem with people refusing to pick elements because of the problem you've isolated. Almost every character on this site has an element or multiple elements. Almost all of the strongest exclusives for each village require the possession of that nation's signature element. Multiple advanced releases require basic elements and each element already has non-exclusive elemental jutsu that are quite powerful on their own. In short, there has never been a lack of elemental users on Gladius so in my mind there is no problem.

A lot of people pick elements mostly for flavor. From my experience, people don't choose specific elements for their ability or utility. For a brief window that was the case when we had Elemental perks, but now I predict we will see a decline in Elemental users.

There are some strong exclusives, but are we really going to hold up an Element's value because of some canon exclusive technique, which are meant to be one-of-a-kind? The generic canon technique and most customs will have no redeeming value to them.

From what I mentioned above, the concern regarding non-elemental was only recently bred. I don't think a lot of people were motivated to break the site by abusing such a loophole, but I imagine a lot of people will be after seeing how exploitable non-elemental is.

With respect to elements vs non-elements, I'd sooner ban non-elemental auras than give elements a bunch of perks that may have broken when they interact with specific jutsu. Although I do not think a ban on non-elemental auras and protections are necessary. Elements grant the ability to learn highly coveted canon exclusives or even really good non-exclusive jutsu as well as other characteristics that cannot be mimicked by non-elemental jutsu. Finally, they can provide stat boosts whereas non-elements cannot.

Again, very narrow stat boosts really don't make Elements a worthy investment. Ijutsu is by far the best stat boosting skill. And better yet, Ijutsu and Earth release both cost 1 SP. It's really easy to make a choice if boosting stats is your priority.

Tbh,  the canon jutsu that elements let you learn is well worth the skill point:

These canon technique are exclusive to a village or locked behind clans. The rest of these technique, like Chidori or Wind Slash, have no redeeming qualities. They both can be stopped by protection auras of their same rank.

Also again, Elemental Ninjutsu is required for advanced elements. So its not like they don't have their usages at all you can't have an elemental KKG without them.

This is another huge issue with me. Elements are being treated as a building block towards Advanced Elements...which are equally dull.

An A-rank Water technique is going to perform well against an A-rank Storm technique. There is no real perk to lift an Element up from non-elemental, let alone Adv Elemental.

Conclusion: I feel a lot of people found the Elemental perks fun and made investing into Elements a worthwhile trade. And I feel with Advanced Elemental perks it would make Adv Elements more of an appealing clan. People generally choose Adv Elements or Elements for aesthetic at this point and it's easy to see why. The fun was sucked out of every element with this update.

My proposed update to the Elemental perks are going to be posted below. And I still have my Advanced Elemental perks saved in a file somewhere to be implemented. If these perks are still disliked, they can always be changed. But I think this thread has made it fairly clear that members would rather see the perks amended than removed entirely.

Elemental Perks:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am