Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Delinquents of Graffiti

Daisuke Kaguya
    Daisuke Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 10,000

Delinquents of Graffiti Empty Delinquents of Graffiti

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Mission Details:

Daisuke got handed another mission, though he expected it to not be that prestigious, after the note got opened up and read, it confirmed his assumption. A graffiti mission, a job that anyone could realistically do and yet it's being assigned to Genin... of course it is. Daisuke felt a bit bitter about it and wished some of these missions were just a bit better but he also knows the reasoning behind why Genin are assigned these sorts of missions. He had a job to do and he wasn't going to complain about it, after a morning cigarette, a bit of breakfast and getting dressed in his casual wear of light brown pants, black boots and a long-sleeved grey shirt. A rather modern outfit but considering the nature of this mission, no ninja supplies outfits or supplies were needed.

Even though the cleaning items are meant to be supplied for this mission, Daisuke brought his own set. A bucket of water with a sponge in it and made a stop to the general store along the way to grab a cleaning spray specifically made to remove paint from walls, which he assumed would be enough to clean off the graffiti. It didn't take long for him to make it to one of the storefronts, setting down his water bucket with the cleaning spray and brought out a smoke which he quickly light, being quick to inhale and exhale.

The note mentioned a partner for this mission, which was helpful as the idea of cleaning all three stores by himself was a bit annoying but he wasn't incapable of doing it, it's just easier to share the workload and get it done faster that way. He wouldn't start the job quite yet as he'd wait for his partner to come along, as he couldn't quite remember the name but he's hoping the name will stick when he meets whoever it is, hoping that they'll leave a strong impression.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Delinquents of Graffiti Empty Re: Delinquents of Graffiti

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:03 am

Kitsuki skipped down the street with a backpack filled with cleaning supplies. Today was a rare day for her. She wasn't wearing her typical elegant uniform but instead a pair of overalls. Now the overalls themselves were still as fashionable as could be while still having the same form and function, but they were significantly less extravagant than what she'd normally wear. The young girl was due to arrive right on time for her mission with Daisuke Kaguya. She knew of the Kaguya and recalled meeting more than a few at the WASP School. They were fairly close minded as a people but over time she found that they could be sensible and accepting. That was usually how it went with large shinobi clans. They tended to look out for their own first and others second but if you could prove yourself worthy, they'd look after you as well. She hoped Daisuke was more of the open sort of Kaguya.

Their mission was to clean up the graffiti in the area. Kit couldn't help but wonder if such a task was truly a coincidence. Kitsuki being the budding artist that she was had often engaged in tagging herself. She loved to express herself, but teenage rebelliousness had compelled her to spray graffiti on walls and businesses as opposed to just getting some art supplies. She didn't do it out of spite or meanness, she was just young and inconsiderate as most children were. She had matured greatly since then and while she cringed at the memory, she accepted that this was fair and just recompense for her childish actions as a kid.

Kitsuki arrived at the storefront that Daisuke was chilling at. A pale young man smoking a cigarette with white hair....probably a Kaguya He'd be greeted by a small black girl with afro-pigtails wearing blue overralls with white paints and white shirt carrying a bag with cleaning supplies.

"Hey there, I'm Kitsuki Kurahasa. Nice to meet you." she said in a low voice. She wasn't a fan of smoking. She had recently quit herself and his habit was triggering for her, but she said nothing.

Character File

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:15 am

As soon as he saw Kitsuki come along, he threw his smoke on the ground and stepped on it, quickly spreading the ash across the pavement he stepped on. He looked on over and her appearance... is an interesting one. The pigtails, her sense of fashion... it made her look cute in her own way, but he wouldn't share that thought and instead give the same respect to her in the sense of a formal introduction. "Daisuke Kaguya, you're my partner for this mission huh?" he didn't know what to expect for a partner, but he isn't disappointed nor pleasant about it.

"Anyway, now that you're here, we can get this job started. A few morons vandalizing these stores and it's up to us two to clean them... honestly, I think as Genin we can spend our time more productively, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere." that went back into his initial point about how this wasn't that prestigious of a mission, he isn't expecting B-ranked missions off the bat but the fact he passively aggressively brought it up without consciously being aware about it in the moment only showed he's a bit more salty about it than he thought.

He started his own pattern on one side of the front that's been vandalized, spray a bit of the paint remover, get the sponge soaked in water and wipe the sprayed parts with it, repeat over again and that's essentially what he's doing for the start. Not particularly hard, but it's going to be time-consuming since they have two other stores to handle.

He supposed a bit of conversation could help pass the time, so he talked to Kitsuki while doing the job. "Want to tell me about your goals? family? or want to know about mine?" a bit forward, but she might realize the same thing that they're going to be doing this job for a while, they might as well get some conversation going to make it a bit less dull.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Daisuke was a proper gentleman to toss his cigarette away. Perhaps he had a very high emotional quotient and could sense her discomfort upon seeing it. Either way, she respected his sense of chivalry. He reiterated the purpose of their mission and Kit merely nodded in response. She wouldn't describe them as morons necessarily, just misguided similar to how she had been as a kid. Kitsuki got out her own supplies and started to clean alongside him. The purpose of her overalls would not be quite obvious. She didn't want to get her nice clothes ruined by paint, and as far as Kit was concerned, almost all the clothes she has barr the ones she was wearing right now could be considered "nice". They had been working for a less than a few minutes when Daisuke came straight out and asked her what her goals were. The young girl looked at him with curious eyes and her brows lifted as though she wasn't expecting conversation at all let alone one so personal.

"I-uh, you go first" she wasn't ashamed of her goals or beliefs but the question caught her off guard and she'd like some time to think before spilling her guts out to this stranger.

Character File

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:13 pm

It wasn't so much that he could tell her discomfort about smoking, and more so he has standard manners. He will give general courtesy when needed, and he knew that other people didn't like smelling the smoke around him when he's taking one, so he always saw it as important to get rid of the smoke for the appropriate times. He didn't expect her to be so... quiet. He guessed that she's a little shy and from what he's picking up on her demeanour, not a very expressive person but he can work with that. As long as she did her fair bit for the job, he could deal with a... reclusive person.

But still, he wouldn't give up on making her talk a little. Maybe she needs a bit of confidence to which he can provide, assuming that his own talks about his clan might make her a bit more responsive. "I grew up in the Kaguya Clan District, with all the Kaguya superiority going on and for a time, I believed we were better than everyone, even others with kekkei genkai. Now I just believe we're better than those without kekkei genkai, having stronger bones have its usefulness." he'd say, realising at this point his cleaning of the wall is becoming more and more menial as he's focusing on the conversation. "But I also realised early on that the kekkei genkai doesn't make the man, the man makes the kekkei genkai... I learned that the hard way." a bit of nostalgia were behind those words as he carried away his thoughts into his academy days, but those ended briefly.

"So now, I'm living on my own but at least I have better standards about others than I do back then. How about you? what do you think about people with kekkei genkai and those without?" that was as much of a proper conversation starter as he's going to push. If that didn't bring her around, he wasn't sure what would.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Daisuke confirmed her thoughts on the Kaguya Clan's outlook. The Kaguya she knew at the WASP School shared more or less the same opinion. They looked down on other people who weren't like them, but it only made it more satisfying to beat them in spars, music, or just about anything else. The Kurahasa sisters had made it a frequent and enjoyable habit. Kitsuki paused and looked at him in annoyance and frustration when he admitted that he looked down on those that didn't have a bloodline. What he said more of less contradicted his opinion, if the kekkei genkai didn't make the man it stood to reason that a man (or woman) that was more skilled and passionate could defeat someone with a bloodline limit. Although the logical corollary would suggest that all things being equal, if both parties were fully trained the one with the kekkei genkai would always prevail. It was logically sound in terms of internal consistency, but common sense and statistical data disproved that notion. Kitsuki audibly scoffed and rolled her eyes in annoyance. She continued painting but as she did she scooted away from him.

"I think whoever taught you that was terribly misinformed. I'm not surprised though."

She didn't even look at him as she gave her retort. Making amends for previous delinquency by cleaning graffiti was not a punishment. Having to do it with a bigot and an ignoramus however was.

Character File

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:12 pm

It seems that he finally incited a reaction out of her, taking a second to look to the side from his paint removal to look at her, hearing her words before he turned back to the front. He tends to see those without kekkei genkai in two ways, either envious of those who do or fearful of them, both were understandable in most circumstances and the reason why for it is what he'd decide to share with Kitsuki. "You misunderstand me, I don't mean it in the sense that I believe I'm automatically better than you, it's more so that it's an accepted fact that those with a kekkei genkai have a clear and distinct advantage over those who don't. I know that those without kekkei genkai can rise to high positions and attain an equal power however, but those from clans tend to have an easier time at it." that's just his belief. He wasn't going to lie and say he doesn't feel superior, because he'll always feel that way with how his bloodline is but his arrogance about it isn't unfounded.

"Anyway, the Kaguya Clan back then was a mess... we even isolated members of our clan for having oddly-coloured eyes or those who aren't strong in our bloodline. It's probably why I grew up with this viewpoint." he has features that the Kaguya Clan considered "normal" and he even took a second to stop removing the paint, and bring out a bone from his wrist through his bone generation ability. He pulled it out as if it looked painless and even gave it to Kitsuki, if she'd want to take a look. Otherwise, he'd place it to the side and get back to removing the paint. "The Kaguya Clan might not have a good... outlook back then, but it's becoming more welcoming of others outside our clan, we're not perfect but we're trying." he gave his case, whether or not she'd accept it, he's interested to see.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Daisuke tried to explain himself but all he really managed to do was dig himself in a deeper pit. He wasn't incorrect in the sense that conventional wisdom did in fact hold that one with a kekkei genkai would have an easier time attaining power than one who did not. However, she had learned that conventional wisdom wasn't always a capital T truth. The time one spent investing in their bloodline limit detracted away from training core shinobi skills. Perhaps, their ceiling was higher but when you are forced to live in a room with a low ceiling, you're far more likely to push harder to break through the roof. Kitsuki rolled her eyes in response but she continued to at least hear him out.

He was capable of some degree of introspection which was good. Apparently the Kaguya Clan was much worse, but from the way he spoke it sounded as though it was trying to reform itself. He then protruded some bone out of his skin and Kit stopped cleaning and looked at it. She knew what Kaguya bone was and how it worked. She wasn't especially impressed or enthusiastic about his display. The quiet girl raised and eye brow and curled her lip in an "Ugh" expression. She was clearly displeased. Kitsuki wasn't an arrogant or stuck-up girl, she was pretty normal. She just wasn't sure why he was showing her this ability. Did he think it would make her like him? Was he trying to impress her? Intimidate her? Make her feel inferior?

Kitsuki said nothing and continued removing the paint to the best of her abilities. She was beginning to regret that she didn't bring headphones.

Character File

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:37 pm

It wasn't so much out of arrogance that he showed the bone to Kitsuki, more so as a way to get on her good side which clearly didn't work. He usually gives a try to make an "okay" relationship with someone, even if it's a little uneasy but he could feel the tension between them, and it's not good. "Sorry, most people tend to be interested in the Kaguya bloodline and I thought you'd be the same, my bad." immediately in hindsight, he knew how that sounded but regardless, he'd roll with it. He decided to be silent for a little bit.

A few minutes later and he was already working on the second paint front, he still had a good amount of the cleaning spray left and his water wasn't too bad considering. He usually didn't make an extensive effort to befriend someone if the signs were clear that it simply wouldn't work out, but he wasn't satisfied nor happy with how it is with Kitsuki either. "Hey... so after this, did you want to grab lunch after all the hard work? my treat. I'd like to start again since it feels like we got off on the wrong foot. I was trying to make conversation and it got more... serious than I liked it to be." if that didn't raise the potential to sort out any issues between them, he didn't know what would.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 am

Kitsuki kept on cleaning, eventually she walked on the wall using chakra to get a better angle. Daisuke admitted that the reason he showed her was because most people were curious. She rolled her eyes and continued working in silence. The Kaguya wasn't satisfied with making one negative impression, he decided to open up the possibility for a second. Kitsuki leapt down from the wall and set down her cleaning supplies. She was almost finished with the task and she'd honestly prefer to go home and write music at this point but Daisuke was insisting on talking to her. He did apologize for his bizarre bone-popping incident which was an improvement and he did demonstrate a willingness to smooth things over. That was better than most Kaguya she had encountered at the WASP. Perhaps, he was just awkward and ignorant as opposed to being a mean spirited bigot. Kitsuki decided to give him another chance and so she sighed and nodded.

"That's fine. No need to pay though, I can buy my own lunch thank you very much"

Kitsuki turned her back on him and continued working in silence. She was willing to forgive him but it wouldn't be an immediate process. She knew some people only pretended to be sorry in order to get what they really wanted. She wasn't sure what Daisuke's intentions were, but he was being nice enough for her to give him a chance.

Character File

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 am

After they put in a fair amount of work on the painted walls and were a fair go away from getting it done. She seemed interested in the idea of lunch, leaving it at there as she looked like she wanted to get the work done rather than chat all day. That was respectable in it's own right, if it were up to him he'd go for lunch right now but something tells him she wouldn't be of the same mind, and wouldn't push it.

An hour had passed by, there was a lot more paint than he initially estimated but the work was put in from both Daisuke and Kitsuki to clean up the store fronts, Daisuke's first habit is to get out his smoke and just as he was about to light it, he'd forgot that Kitsuki is still there. He quickly put it away in consideration. He'd follow up the promise of lunch, but right now? he wanted to just head home and take it easy after a whole load of menial work. He felt so empty mentally speaking right now, and wasn't in any mood to get some lunch.

"How about... we get lunch another time? I know it's odd, saying that we could get lunch after finishing the job but I'm feeling a bit out of it, and I don't want to give you an even worse impression when I'm at my... well, worst mentally speaking. I hope you understand. Thanks for being my partner on this mission and I hope to meet you again, Kitsuki."
    A gentle smile and a light wave came from Daisuke as he walked off. He didn't like leaving it there, but he really didn't feel like having lunch at the moment, he'd hope that she's still up for it another day, perhaps when they're not doing a job together.

[Exit]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am

The pair finished their work and in an typical anti-climatic fashion Daisuke retracted his offer for lunch. Kitsuki gave him a neutral look. She didn't want him to think that she was disappointed, as she honestly couldn't care less, but she did want him to know that she thought of him as rude and uncultured for renegging on his own invitation. He even had the audacity to pull out a smoke although he had the sense to put it away before he smoked it. Kitsuki gave an audible grown of exasperation and shook her head at his own incompetence and social ineptitude.

"Whatever" she said blankly.

He then trudged home. Kitsuki jammed her hands into her overall pockets and headed home. When she graduated from the WASP she had been looking forward to spending more time with the opposite sex. Not because she was in desperate need or desire of a boyfriend, but because she had heard that they were largely unemotional and sanitized of drama. When it came to Daisuke that was true to an extent, although what he lacked in drama he more than made up for in daftness and lack of social grace.

Headmaster Sukimori should create a school for boys...they are totally clueless...

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am