Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba)

Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: Check Updates

Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba) Empty Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba)

Post by Airi Ohara Thu May 02, 2024 8:09 pm

She had sent a variety of summons to all of the Genin that would be participating in the Chuunin exams. She made it a point to not show any favoritism, so she decided to call them in in duos to allow them the chance of getting a last-second power-up. She sat at her desk and simply waited for the following shinobi to appear: Kaori and Nakaba
    OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Airi's EXP Gained thus far
    • This Post:
    • Total Gained:

Airi's EXP Unique Ability
    Experience from Me to You
    A player may provide an additional +5 EXP bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, the player loses 5 EXP, per post, when performing missions

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga
    Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Engineering, Kugutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: Zilch

Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba) Empty Re: Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba)

Post by Nakaba Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 pm

Nakaba arrived as instructed to. No less than five minutes early the Shinobi came in his standard outfit, a bright orange jumpsuit with a black tank top underneath. He would wait until the Hokage's secretary gave him the go ahead to enter her office and would humbly enter, bowing before he would approach the Hokage at a comfortable distance. "Lady Hokage, I received your summons." He wouldn't press the issue simply waiting until the Kage addressed him and whoever else was on their way.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba) Empty Re: Last Second Power-Up pt 3 (Kaori and Nakaba)

Post by Kaori Murai Fri May 03, 2024 8:11 pm

Kaori had gotten quite a deal stronger over the course of the past few weeks. However, she wasn't expecting to be summoned for a meeting with the Hokage again, not so soon after the last meeting. Unless that's what this was about.

She was wearing her training gear at the moment, since she'd been training when she received the summons. Wearing a pair of tan shorts, a tan crop top with her bust bandaged tightly beneath it, bandages wrapped around her knuckles and forearms, and a pair of dark brown combat boots.

She wasn't dirty in the sense that she wasn't caked in dirt, but she was definitely not freshly showered either. It was likely that she was going right back to training after this, given that she had only really taken the time to clean the bottoms of her boots so as to not trek dirt into the Hokage's office.

Arriving ahead of her was Nakaba. Kaori's sensory was active, a new ability she'd picked up when reverse engineering Hiding Like a Mole a little bit. Between him and Airi, she noted their chakra signatures, storing them in her memory for later.

Placing her fist into the palm of her other hand, Kaori bowed respectfully to the Hokage for posterity's sake, but like the Genin Meeting, she chose to remain silent and simply let the Hokage get on with why she'd summoned the two of them.

-
    Sensory Active -0.5
    179.5/180

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 290,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B+
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7376-kaori-s-updates#58265
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7353-kaori-murai?nid=1#58247
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Fri May 03, 2024 8:14 pm

Tapped her foot as she waited for the Genin to show up. "Good, now that we're all here, you're the final group to arrive. I'm going to make this offer to you once and once only. I don't know how many of you saw me as a monster once the bijuu attacked, but I'm going to offer you that power. If you don't want it, leave. If you want it, stay. Whether you take it or not doesn't matter to me at all. Choose and choose quickly -- I don't have all day. I have to prepare our way to O'uzu Island," she commented. She kept it quick and she kept it brisk.
    == IF YOU CHOOSE YES, AIRI WILL TEACH YOU COSMIC HORROR SAGE MODE AS AN IMPERFECT SAGE ==
      If you choose this, you'll be able to sign the Cosmic Horror Contract
    == IF YOU CHOOSE NO, YOU CAN LEAVE AND MAKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM ENHANCED STATE OR CHOOSE ANOTHER AVAILABLE ENHANCED STATE ==
      If you choose this, make sure you refer back to this thread of you turning down an Enhanced State in which you can choose a currently existing Enhanced State or make your own custom one

• This Post:  
    • Total Gained:  

A player may provide an additional +5 EXP bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, the player loses 5 EXP, per post, when performing missions

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Sat May 04, 2024 5:06 pm

Nakabs would think for a few moments about this. It was possible, if not likely that Kaori would answer first. He thought about what he’d heard that the kage transformed into, and he thought about the path that he wanted to take with his own life. He thought about the scream he’d heard coming from this building earlier. “I’m sorry Lady Hokage, I think that I will refrain.” It was pretty obvious that his main reason was his indecision, but the other faxtors still played a role. He would bow deeply and take his leave. He would give Kaori and Lady Hokage privacy in this moment. There was a lot of uncertainty that he felt, but most of it stemmed from the feeling of having an edge. This competition was one of the few elements of self-expression that Nakaba was aware of. If this were a mission, there’d be no way he’d even consider declining. As he left Nakaba wondered if he was missing out on something incredible though.

[Exit]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Post by Kaori Murai Sun May 05, 2024 8:04 pm

"Thank you, but no thank you. Respectfully, I don't want to be a monster."

Kaori said, agreeing with Nakaba on this. It seemed like Airi wanted to get back to work, so Kaori didn't really want to waste anymore of her time here, before she pissed her off by lingering. It wasn't like there was any reason to stick around anyhow.

Following him out, Kaori went back to her training, ready to get the final bit of last minute effort that she could in. If Airi wasn't offering to turn her into a monster, then maybe, but she didn't really want to know what all of that entailed.

-
    Exiting
    Declining "Imperfect Sage Mode"

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 290,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B+
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7376-kaori-s-updates#58265
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7353-kaori-murai?nid=1#58247
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Sun May 05, 2024 11:47 pm

She shrugged her shoulders. She was expecting it. Not many would be willing to give up their humanity for a bit of power. She reached into her desk and put her glasses back on and continued to do paperwork. All of the groups have finished and now she simply waited for more information about the Chuunin exams

• This Post: 20
    • Total Gained: 60

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Mon May 06, 2024 4:41 am

The gears in his head didn’t stop ticking just because he was in a different foom. As Kaori left, Nakaba would stop for a moment as if he forgot something. He’d reach into his jumpsuit looking for some paperwork, nodding a silent farewell to the other genin who was leaving. After a mimute of shuffling, he would pull out a completely unrelated notebook. Activating chakra sensory, he’d wait until Kapri was on a different floor. With confidence he’d walk back into the room. He would quietly close the door behind him and ask thr question that he didn’t want to ask in front of the Innocence-hating Kaori. “Lady Hokage, was it that power that made Innocence scream in terror like that? If she accepted, then I would like to as well. I couldn’t bear abandoning one of my fellow shinobi on a path like that.” Nakaba would make another statement to elaborate on his emotional state. “Lady Hokage, I want to forge my own path in this Examination, but I also cannot bear to abandon my allies again. Please bestow upon me whatever burden you placed on the young Lady Uchiha.Nakaba would humbly bow hoping he’d explained his mixed feelings accurately.

[Activating and Maintaining Chakra Sensory]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 pm

Nakaba returned, causing her to remove her glasses from her face and look to him. "Forgot something?" she asked. It was then Nakaba began to speak. The power that she gave to Innocence. She takes a deep breath and stood up from her seat and walked over towards Nakaba and stood directly in front of him. She placed her hands upon her hips, which spread her kimono apart a bit more showing off more of her cleavage. "She wanted the power of the Cosmic Horrors, the power of the Eldritch. You probably saw the power when Tengoku and I had to deal with the Tailed Beast, I assume? To turn into a monster myself in order to take down a monster? Are you really sure about that?" she said as she started to tap her foot upon the floor.

"You do realize, if you want that power, you will be giving your soul to otherworldly demons. Nightmarish creatures that will claw at your mind and speak to you when you do not wish to be spoken to. An ephemeral echo in a language that you couldn't understand. And to sacrifice your very soul. You will never be able to go to the Pure Lands. You will never be able to see your family when you pass because your soul will be turned into another monster of The Collective. People will call you crazy and you will lose sleep over the voices you hear in your head. You will also see things that shouldn't be seen and things that should be impossible in this world. You will also be a Slave to the Collective for the rest of your natural life. To do the Old One's bidding. Are you ready for something like that?" she asked him before placing a hand upon his chest with her left hand.  

"Your body will remain the same, but your mind will warp and pervert into something new entirely. I wouldn't blame you if you want to find another sage teacher. Becoming an Imperfect Cosmic Horror Sage will change the course of your life forever." she said as her hand seductively moved up his chest and up to his collar bone before pulling her hand off of him.

"It is admirable that you don't want Innocence to 'suffer alone'. You wouldn't be the one to abandon her. On the contrary, it was Innocence that abandoned humanity in the pursuit of power. One of the same reasons I did it too. But are you certain you want to continue this? To become a monster?"
    == GIVING NAKABA ONE FINAL CHANCE TO BACK OUT ==

• This Post: 15
    • Total Gained: 75

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Tue May 07, 2024 4:33 am

As the Hokage stood up, Nakaba seemed thoroughly unbothered not flinching as she spoke. Nothing she said was surprising to him. He knew she was a monster. He assumed that Innocence had witnessed that which had brought down that massive beast. It was simply a matter of course that the power offered was something akin to that horror. In fact he would have been surprised had It been something else, given Innocence's response. "Lady Hokage this world is filled with monsters." What's one more Kimyonokama. His thought would only wander away from the Hokage for a moment. "I have made up my mind. I am certain." He didn't want this power for the competition. He didn't want the power to crush his enemies. His motivations would be his own though, as he did not share them.

She spoke of the Source of her Sage Technique. Nightmares and Echoes and Souls all dwelling within this Cradle. Who said cradle? Nakaba listened earnestly untempted by doubt, investigating his temptations, acknowledging his fears. More uncomfortable by the close contact than anything else, Nakaba wasn't enjoying the disconnect between Airi's words and her body language. "Whether or not my soul is changed, I was never meant to go to the same place as my family. I sacrificed that part of myself long ago. If it were merely for power, I gave up my right to that place when I left the fold. I wish to continue." As her hand slid up his chest, Nakaba was warm to the touch. It could have been his body preparing to meet fear with aggression. It could have been a response to the touch. Whatever it was, Nakaba's skin almost felt sun baked.

"You said it yourself already this world is filled with monsters. I am not tied to this world by my humanity." With his words Nakaba revealed himself unconvinced by Airi's temptation warning. He could run into this abyss. "I hold this certainty steadfast in my heart. I will not abandon either of you." He would wait for his Kage.

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 am

She shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms over her chest, pressing her elbows together which, consequently, pressed her breasts against each other. Her already ample cleavage now appeared much larger than before. She listened to him speak and she shrugged her shoulders. It wasn't her place to judge someone for wanting power, she had done the same but she also took weeks to make the decision. She was a pious girl growing up so giving up her soul wasn't exactly an easy decision. All the while, she heard voices creeping through her mind, scratching and scraping. Disturbing images of messengers telling her to 'Heed the Calling' kept tormenting her. Luckily for these genin, they didn't have to experience the terrifying monstrosities that she had to.

She unfolded her arms and held her hand up with her palm facing upwards as a flesh-like parchment appeared above her palm. She reached out and grabbed the parchment and placed it upon the table. The flesh-like parchment began to breathe heavily and at the top of the parchment was a large eye that twitched and moved around, watching Nakaba. Upon the fleshy parchment was an alien script written on it with Airi's bloody palm print as well as Innocent's palm print.

She walked back to sit in her seat and turned the parchment towards Nakaba. "Draw blood and soak your left hand in the blood and press it against the parchment. You're going to start seeing some awful imagery. Things that shouldn't exist. By signing this Contract, you will no longer be a human being," she said as she placed a hand upon the parchment and scooted it closer to him.
    == Offering Cosmic Horror Contract Summon | Offering Cosmic Horror Sage Mode Imperfect Sage ==
      This Post:
      Total Gained:

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Tue May 14, 2024 5:40 pm

FLASHBACK
    An old man turned the corner of his dunn colored house. A smile peeled across his face as he acknowledged his grandson. A meal had been prepared for the two of them. A young man, in his late teens, with a tightly lined up fade was slaving away in the kitchen. This wasn't a special day in this house, but the meal was special to the grandson. He looked up at his Pops, nodding him a good morning, as he did his best not to get too distracted from the task at hand. It was barely sunrise, and the boy was already sweating despite the incredible amount of work that had to be done. No words were exchanged, but the grandfather gently sat on a stool at the island behind his grandson and accepted the meal. As the younger man finished his food, he'd adjust his clothes straightening out oil and coal covered overalls.

With a simple, slow, purposeful gesture Pops would call the grandson's attention. "What do you want to ask me, Tōru?"
    For a moment there was silence. "Pops, why do you arm the Shinobi who stand against the interests of the people."
    Pops would simply laugh, "Should I disarm them?"
    "What? No you know what I mean. Shinobi are a plague to the world. They always take shortcuts, and work just hard enough to kill whatever obstacles are in their way."
    "Tōru, that is simply the way of the shinobi. A sword is a weapon meant for killing, yet it had two purposes." The grandson looked skeptical. "To attack," The grandfather made a quick lunge forward with an imaginary blade leaving his seat and killing his imaginary foe in one move, "And to protect." He'd repeat the same move again this time in a different direction. "Well Tōru, could you see the difference?" The teenager scrunched his eyebrows.

Present, Location Unknown
    No matter how much he scrutinized it, Nakaba could feel the memory fading, losing its texture, and smoothing over. The vivid colorful setting faded into empty. Clink Clink Tink Tonk Clonk Clink Clink Tink Tonk Clonk. A faint orange glow appeared, the glow of a small forge. Nakaba easily recognized it. Silver dreads falling down his back, those muscular arms, that manly back, He knew exactly who this was. Pops leaned over the forge reaching in and pulling out something. Its metal glowed golden and reflected the light of manifold faraway stars. "Did you eve-"

FLASHBACK
    Thousands lay dead. Nakaba had been working for some local militia partnered organizations for the better part of a year so he wasn't there when it all happened. When he walked back home bodies with vacant eyes followed one almost the other like breadcrumbs walking him into the oven.

Present, Location Unknown.
    Pops' hand clasped firmly down on Nakaba's shoulder. "It's too early Tōru for you to go. Hang in there."
    "Pops what's goi-"

FLASHBACK
    Silver dreads dangled from a head adorning lifeless eyes. Blood smeared on the walls and Pop's head was held high upon a stake just outside the house. Any of them could have been friends, family, or coworkers.

Present, Location Unknown
    "Tōru, shhh. Something else is..."
    Dozens of cold, invisible whips yanked him away. His grandfather shrank away and vanished. Nakaba didn’t even parse half of the wisdom the old man wanted to impart before he found himself sinking to the bottom of a sea of stars. He fell to the bottom. No, maybe he just reached equilibrium and stopped sinking. No, maybe he was just overwhelmed by the perspective. Nakaba shook his head straining as his thoughts began to loop. He felt the first fissures immediately. Chittering screams and rancid gurgles as mad mouths ripped, chewed, and spat out vulgar utterances.
    “Orr'enah, ot ainah fahff ymg' mgep mguh'e, ymg' mgep become ehye llll c'. Ymg' mgep become ehye ot c'. Ymg' mgep mg agl ph'nglui limbo ngnah any adjacent shugnahh”
    “What?! Is this Language? You’re speaking to me?”
    “Fahf ehye ah ah'legeth.  Either ph'nglui choosing l' ignore c' ngnah failing l' kadishtu”
    “Ignore? Failing?”
    “Bestow the Golden Ember upon him.”
    “Golden Em….?”
    Nakaba beheld something he would later on describe as a soul shaking cruelty. A marvel of geometry. Whatever his game was, it fell apart as he did. Nakaba fell to his knees as Blood poured from his eyes.
    “Toru, surrender thyself. Peel thyself hup thy deceitful ainah.  Grandson ot sunrises, thou art acknowledged Iiahe bearer ot s'uhn. Confess.”
    Streams of blood like tears pured. Nakaba would have worried that it was a lethal amount if he wasn’t consumed with fear. “Y' l' mgepnog save innocence” Shaking hands reached from a mouth that had betrayed him.
    “Cease thy inattentiveness. Acknowledge thy sincere intention.”
    “Y' ahor't lose nilgh'ri else.  Soth else ahor ah hup mgepmggoka ya."
    The figure churned the fractures in his mind gave out at the mere sight of them. A gust would pick up burning his cheeks as the blood from his eyes caught in the wind. Embers poured from his breath and eyes and then ignited as his head caught aflame. His mind burned and burned and burned and burned.

Nakaba would wake up on his knees hand on the contract, no memory of biting his thumb or placing the bloody handprint on the contract. Nakaba trembled. Rapidly inhaling and exhaling and wishing for sound to leave his mouth as he awoke mid-hyperventilation, Nakaba tried to remove his hand, but was met by refusal from his heart and body. Between gasps he uttered a whisper, “S- S- Stop!”

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Yesterday at 1:54 am

It never gets old. The ripping and tearing that the Old Ones, the Primordial Gods, the Elder Gods, whatever you wish to call them tearing apart at one's mind. While it wasn't pleasant for her while she was experiencing it herself, a part of her relished when another started to lose their grip on their sanity. Her eyes widen and a big smile crept across her face. Excitement and the thrill of seeing someone give in and become a Slave to the Collective. He had bit his thumb as blood rushed over his palm as he pressed his palm onto the page.

Upon tasting his blood, the large eye on the contract grew teeth upon what was the eye-lids. The eye sank into the parchment before the eye-lids plumped up into a mouth. It screamed a horrible scream. Sounds that shouldn't be heard by people. One that clawed and tore through Nakaba's mind. "Let them in," she said, pressing her hand upon his, keeping his bloodied hand on the contract. "Let them in. Let them speak! Ignore the pain in your mind, let it go numb. Succumb to the madness that they bring to you. Heed the Calling!" she shouted in his ear.

Meanwhile outside of the Hokage's office.
    An annoyed green-haired woman who served as Airi's secretary heard all of this. "Oh, good grief, it's happening again," she said as she shuffled through her keys and walked to the door, locking it. She started to fiddle with the keys after locking it and returning to her seat. "I don't get paid enough for this shit," she grumbled.

Back in the room.
    The sound of the door locking behind them could be heard. "Let them in. You will let them in! Resisting will only cause you brain damage and will ruin your psyche. Just let them in! Heed the Calling!" she shouted out. "You wanted to be a monster, to throw away your humanity! I warned you! If fucking warned you!" she shouted out. It was about this time where Nakaba would be seeing space rush through him; the cosmos rushing through his eyes, his mind, and his soul. The feeling of a contract placed upon his soul with beings that shouldn't exist towering over him, speaking in their terrifying language. Calling him the 'Avatar' and the 'Slave to the Collective'.  
    ==  Contract: Cosmic Horror signed by Nakaba. Gave Nakaba Cosmic Horror Sage Mode - Imperfect Sage ==

This Post:  
      Total Gained:  

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 pm