Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Transparent Emergency

Innocence Uchiha
    Innocence Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Transparent Emergency Empty Transparent Emergency

Post by Innocence Uchiha Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

Innocence had rushed the pup from the disaster zone back to the hospital. She snuck him through the roof entrance and utilizing her uncharacteristically adept sneaking skills, managed to get him to her private lab. The dog mewled in pain as she laid him across her operating table. She was quick to sterilize her hands and sanitize the area before taking a closer look at his injuries.

Gotta move fast....there's a lot of people to help in the hospital

She held out his limbs and examined the broken leg. It wasn't anything serious. Typical fracture. Nothing Mystical Palm won't fix... Innocence flickered through several handseals and her hands began to glow earnestly. She looked the dog in the eye and could see the pain behind them. She cleared her mind and focused on the task at hand. The budding surgeon guided her glowing hands across the rottweiler's limb. As she moved, she repaired tendons, ligaments, staunched blood flow and reconnected bone tissue. The entire exercise took less than a few minutes and by the time she was done, she was certain that the dog's leg would be even stronger than it was in health. The glow faded and she wiped the sweat from her brow.

"There you go little guy....yo-"

Innocence stopped cold. Something was wrong. The dog's limb was fixed and yet its whimpering was growing softer. More desperate. More faint. It was at that moment that her miraculous medical mind put it altogether. The dog had been fairly quiet during the journey, too quiet even. Then there was the additional moisture from the back of her black gloves. At first she thought it was sweat either her's or the dogs but a moment too late she saw it for what it was. Blood. Innocence immediately lifted the dog's front legs, moving gently but swiftly as she searched for the source of her missing diagnosis. The girl's green eyes widened when she finally saw it. A subtle but deep laceration from a large piece of glass. The blood flow was small, almost akin to a cut but it was remarkably deep and well-situated.

"No, No, No!" Innocence said with a panic. She had traced a line to where the foreign body had entered and she could already tell that it was too late. The dog was going cold. Internal bleeding. She couldn't effectively use Mystical Palm without removing the jagged piece of glass and she couldn't do that without a full open heart surgery. A procedure she did not have the time nor experience to perform. "Wait, wait hold on!" Innocence said desperately. She cursed herself for missing all the signs. For not noticing sooner. She should have caught it on her initial examination. She should have seen it. This was supposed to be the one thing  she was good at. The one thing she could get right. Innocence grabbed, a scalpel, anesthetic and a scapula. She scrambled to get the anesthesia mask on the dog's muzzle. She turned out the flood of gas aiming to keep the creature sedated while she operated. She pressed the blade against the dog's chest with tears welling in her eyes but stopped before making the incision.

Its too late.... she thought mournfully.

There was no point in cutting into the poor thing now. One of the first things a surgeon was taught was that you should never cut because you want to save someone. You cut because you can save them. It was cruel for someone's last moments to be enduring the pain of an invasive surgery. Better to let them slip into eternity peacefully than to suffer with little hope of saving them. Innocence slowly put the knife down and increased the potency of the anesthetic as tears streamed down her face. She had lost many patients before. She had lost patients who were fully grown human beings and she wasn't the type to cry just because there was a cessation of all biological activity. Death was an inevitability that she had come to accept. But this was different somehow. As she watched the dog die, she was compelled to fight. To save its life. To show that though Death haunted her family and frustrated her goal of saving life, she would not bow to it. She would show it that she had become a genin of Konohagakure for a reason. That she was not a useless welp who would sit idly by while her village was attack. The dog which lay dying represented her hope of proving that she would kneel to death. That it would kneel to her. Innocence's sorrow turned to rage as she realized that she had lost to the one enemy that she could never hope to defeat.

I won't lose...
    I WON'T LOSE

"I WON'T!"

Innocence shouted as she slammed her small fist into the table. She struck the table just as the dog passed on. In that moment Innocence poured all of her frustration, anger and sadness into the strike and its impact would change the course of her life forever. The minute her fist hit the table a burst of green electricity would erupt from her hand. The dog that had died just moments prior barked loudly and began to spasm violently. Its eyes flashed the same neon green as her own and on pure instinct, Innocence moved to restrain the animal. She could barely process what was happening even though it was the most real moment of her life. She felt hyper aware of her senses as millions of floating bits of matter percolated through the air, forming a tight picture of everything that her perception could apprehend. It was like seeing the world with a higher definition than should be possible. Innocence was so startled she couldn't talk, and she struggled to bring the flopping and barking dog under control.

"What'th happening?!" she said with a panic. But no sooner was the thought verbalized than did the violent activity stop. The green in the dog's eyes flickered out and with it, whatever horrifying force had been animating it. Innocence released the now still animal. She moved her hands across her mouth in total shock. This shouldn't be possible. It wasn't possible. A sea of necrotic flesh had consumed the dog's lower body.

Did I do this? Innocence thought in horror. She had no idea what had happened but all signs pointed to her being responsible. And the dog's eyes...it was the same eyes that she had been born with. There was something amiss here and while Innocence wanted to get to the bottom of it. The knock on the door told her she didn't have time. She immediately threw a sheet over the creature and chastised the intruder. The jig was up. The staff knew she was present and they would demand that she help with the overwhelming influx of injured and dying civilians from the Chomei attack. Innocence picked up the dog in a rush and placed it in a bodybag. No sooner had she zipped up the creature did the door open.

"I thaid i wath co-"
    "You know I'd never wait on you Inno. I'm not our maid. " a voice said.

Mercedes.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Transparent Emergency Empty Re: Transparent Emergency

Post by Innocence Uchiha Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

Innocence spun around and rested on the table she had just been operating on a few minutes ago. She was out of breath and had clearly been crying. She turned to face her older sister who had closed the door and was now leaning against it. The young woman's katana was strapped to her back and her braids dangled as far down as her chest. Mercedes's tone was non-chalant. It was always was. It was the tone of voice of someone that was completely confident in their abilities. Mercedes had been the golden girl. The strongest and most talented of the two. Even controlling for age, she was a better shinobi. She was well-rounded and had gotten the best of their family's genes. Grandfather would always say she was more skilled than most young Uchiha and was closer in ability to Satomi than to her own father. Neither of them liked that comment.

"I never took you for the type to hide during a hospital crisis." Mercedes said with her arms crossed. She sniffed the air and frowned. "What is that smell?"
    "I wathn't hiding! it wath...an experiment. It didn't turn outh good. What do you want anyway?"
    "Checking up on you. Mom's worried."
    "What elthe ith new?"
    "You've been hard at work for one. When I taught you Kenjutsu, I thought you'd drop it and go back to spending all your time in books and clinics."
    "Well Chuunin Examth are coming up and i'm not going to embarrethth mythelf."
    "Good for you. But it will take more than that to beat some of the genin out there."
    "That'th for me to figure out. I've got planth...."
    "You don't need plans, you need experience."
    "Oh and you're going to lecture me now? I don't have time for thith."

Innocence gathered her medical equipment and moved to head to the door. She was overdue at the trauma unit. She needed to help. She needed to save someone. She stormed to the door but Mercedes didn't budge.

"Move!"
    "Let me take you on a mission. A real mission. One that will take you outside the country and put you in situations where you can actually apply what you've been learning these past few months. I don't need to tell you that theory will take you so far. You didn't become the best rookie medic in Konoha by reading books." Mercedes said.

The words made Innocence pause and blush. A reaction she tried to control. She wiped her cheeks and opened her mouth to speak but she couldn't come up with a witty or smart alecky response. It was a genuine compliment and she knew that her sister wasn't the type to heap undue praise on someone.

"I know you feel like you have a lot to prove. I do too. I know what they whisper behind our back and what some might even say to our faces. I can't fight your battles for you but I can help you...its what he would have always wanted."
    "......."
    "Think about it.  I'll have the mission details passed along to you and I'll be waiting at the gates a week from now if you decide to join me." Mercedes said as she opened the door and left. She left it open as she always did.

Innocence stood there stunned. The past few minutes had been an emotional rollercoaster. She had just activated some kind of bizarre new power and now her sister was inviting her on a foreign mission. Something's up... She decided. Innocence wasn't a particularly religious young girl but she couldn't help but feel that fate was at play. It was as if she could see her destiny unfolding before her, one that she could control and that would ultimately lead to greatness. But it all started with her. She'd need the courage to seize it. She looked at her hand the same fist that had reanimated a dead dog. She flexed it into a fist and then opened it again before firming up her decision. I don't know what this power is....but I'll master it. I'll go on the mission with Mercedes and then its on to win the Chuunin Exams!

Innocence nodded to herself and took a deep breath. Releasing the emotional tension and pain of the last few minutes and re-focusing on the reality before her. She walked out of her private lab and headed towards the trauma wing. She had lives to save.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:12 pm