Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Sisters Reunited

Katsumi Kurahasa
    Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 55,000

Sisters Reunited Empty Sisters Reunited

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:08 am

Off the coast of the Hozuki Island, several miles away is another small island, no more than five square miles in size.  It is mostly populated with jungle, and nothing larger than a housecat in regards to wild animals.  Near the center of it is a large square where the vegetation has been picked clean and is a square of nothing more than dirt, and in the center of that, a small beachball sized blue blob sat on the 'floor' of the sealing barrier jutsu that had been placed on it.  Finally, for the first time in a few years, Katsumi was able to filter the raw instinct of Rei and reach out from his consciousness.  How long had it been since she got stuck here?

1,111 days today.
    OK smartass.  But why can we actually talk now?
    I consumed a decent amount of biomass and chakra.

She cringed at that inside .  There was only really one source that had both a decent amount of biomass and chakra in it, and that was a person.  Considering how long they had been trapped and starving, effectively tortured by it, they must have been strong.  Rei was the only one in control right now, and now that she was starting to get her own consciousness coming back to life, it meant that they were not hibernating anymore.  Katsumi hadn’t been able to take it on the long term, the constant anguish at literally starving over long periods of time would have broken her sanity, so to conserve herself she allowed Rei to completely shut down her mind until they had enough consumed to not simply hear Rei declare it was hungry over and over again.  The lack of the need to sleep made it especially challenging, because it never stopped.  Just Rei on repeat describing his hunger, overwhelming instinct to consume, and the pain of being denied that opportunity.

Thanks to the merging with Rei, she recalled what happened in perfect, horrible clarity as though she was still there.  They had been trapped by a few rogue ninja that wanted to kill Katsumi and take Rei, the Ninja being from one of the minor nations who wanted to use the entity to gain power to protect them from the war that had, at the time, only just begun.  Her Jounin teacher and two Genin had been woefully underprepared for a master in sealing, and the two Genin, Soko and Yamato, had been killed almost instantly, and Katsumi locked within a Fuuinjutsu technique designed to contain even a powerful beast like Rei, but the problem was that he hadn’t counted on the Jounin, Kato being able to kill him before he could do anything.  In the battle though, Kato had been fatally wounded, unable to disable the seal before he died.

Katsumi hadn’t fretted in the slightest at first.  Even though they were on an unmarked island, and off course from the place they had originally planned to conduct their mission, she was positive that they would come and find her.  Even when Rei had begun to despair after the first couple of months, she kept optimistic that her sister would find her.  Months more past, and she began to feel the effects of the pain, hunger, and Rei slipping from the rational friend that he had become to more of a mindless thing that could not be consoled, not even capable of actual speech.  Years had passed, apparently, and as Katsumi became more and more aware, she noted her surroundings.  Everything, right down to the grass, was gone.  It was a perfectly clean area, devoid of anything that the barrier had not protected.  Rei had literally eaten anything it could have, and even now looked like it was searching for more.

Granted they don’t kill us on the spot, we will be rescued soon.
    Oh yea?  Seems awful optimistic for you, Rei.
    Yes well, I went through the memories of when I consumed things… first was a set of Ninja from Kirigakure, the next was a set of ANBU from the same.
    Wait, you are eating MY people?!  What the he--
    I was not myself, as you are well aware.  But I can continue to have rational thought for some time if I conserve my energy, so as long as the next person is from Kirigakure, I will hopefully be able to reason with them.
    Or they could quarantine us to the island, and we are stuck here for an eternity.  Maybe they just hit it with a massive Jutsu that annihilates us both.
    Now who isn’t being optimistic?
    You know it’s possible damnit.  And yea, my optimism died a while ago.  If it’s been three years, chances are my sister is--
    Don’t.  Not yet.  There is hope.
    Why wouldn’t she have found us by now?  If she was missing, I would scour the earth to find her!  Wouldn’t that mean she moved on?  Didn’t bother to look?
    There are a million reasons why she was unable.
    Yea well, the only excuse that fits for me is if she died.  That’s about the only thing that would have stopped me.

Katsumi wasn’t thinking rationally, naturally, but now they would sit and wait, pray, that whoever came, they didn’t strike first and ask questions later.  Chances were, if Rei had defeated ANBU, whoever came next was going to be insanely strong… and considering it had been three years, she was not holding out hope for a happy reunion with her people, especially considering that apparently she had inadvertently eaten the ones that had found her.

[1]
    WC: 1027
    TWC: 1027

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Sisters Reunited Empty Re: Sisters Reunited

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:09 am

Kitsuki's boat rocked against the waves as she and her team approached the target island. The area was misty and cold making it hard to see in the distance. She wasn't sure what awaited them but she told herself that she would be able to handle it. She had to. The last time she had arrived at a mysterious location, she had encountered a man and not a beast. A human who radiated pure malice and who was now forming some kind of cult within her village. A reality that she wasn't sure how to deal with. If she was lucky, whatever had been killing her shinobi was some kind of senseless creature. A problem that could be solved with her fists and without remorse. It was a base desire but one that she hoped for.

People are difficult. Monsters are easy.

When the boat finally landed on the island, Kitsuki hopped out and walked ashore. The ninja she had taken with her hesitatingly began to climb out but she turned around and held up a hand. They were willing to follow her into the jungle but the fear in their eyes made it obvious that they would prefer to do anything else. They knew they were not as powerful as she was and that whatever had killed their compatriots was just as likely to do the same to them. Kit could not in good conscience let them march to their deaths. There had been enough of that in the trenches. Their job was to man the boat and keep it ready for her. If worse came to worse, she could always fly away from the island but she did not want to rely on that capability in the event that she needed to escape. They should be safe at shore as only those who ventured deep into the island's jungle had been slaughtered.

"I'll go. You guys stay here and keep the boat safe." Kitsuki said before talking off into the lush wilderness. She kept her cane in its regular form for the time being. There weren't reports as to what the being looked like but she was in the mood to get up close and personal. There was a lot on her chest and she felt she had the power and durability to go toe to toe with her mystery opponent. As the kunoichi drew closer to the relevant coordinates, her guardian Angel Zizz began to buzz with activity. The tiny angel hovered near Kitsuki's cheek providing a source of comfort and support in a time of uncertainty.

ⵉ ⵙⴻⵏⵙⴻ ⴷⴰⵏⴳⴻⵔ....ⵙoⵎⴻⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⴷⴰⵔⴽ ⵉⵙ ⴰⵜ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵛⴻⵏⵜⴻⵔ oⴼ ⵜⵀⵉⵙ ⵉⵙⵍⴰⵏⴷ. ⴱⴻ ⵛⴰⵔⴻⴼⵓⵍ ⴽⵉⵜⵙⵓⴽⵉ.

The younger Kurahasa kept moving until she finally reached a clearing. It was as if all the life in that area had just suddenly died, leaving a barren wasteland. In the center of the dead zone was a non-descript blue blob. Kitsuki immediately tensed and raised her cane to her chest in a defensive posture. Her expression was serious and determined. This was it. This was the target. It looked completely harmless but it had killed a squad of Jounin and an elite team of ANBU. That meant it was unbelievably strong and with powers that were likely unknown to most. Fortunately, Kit had a secret weapon of her own.

"What are you?" she called out to the bluish blob. She didn't expect an answer. The being appeared to be non-sentient which was good. There were no politics and no gray moral considerations. It was a straight-forward fight between good and evil. She took a step forward, and then another. The blob appeared to be surrounded by some kind of hazy barrier and there was a sealing formula on the ground underneath it. Kitsuki reached out to touch the shimmering haze. The only way she could confront this creature was if she could get close to it and that meant getting past whatever the heck this barrier was.

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:31 pm

The first thing that alerted the pair that something was up was the fact that something was moving through the brush towards them. They didn’t have Sensory yet, but if you sit still and quiet long enough even small sounds become much more clear. Then, someone emerged into visibility, and they looked carefully at their new visitor. Even through the haze of the barrier, it was impossible for Katsumi or Rei to mistake the form that was Kitsuke Kurahasa.

It appears your sister is here.
    Seen this trick before when the pain from the hunger got too much. I was willing to imagine anything comforting.
    No, I think she is actually here. Everything I can use to confirm this is not an illusion induced by myself or some sort of Genjutsu confirms it.
    Why would they send my sister here? You said the last group was ANBU right? There is no way my sister-
    There is indeed a way, and you know it as well as I do.
    ... so you are saying that she is stronger than ANBU now? And she is standing right in front of us. You are sure?
    As certain as I can be in the current state that my body is in, yes. I doubt--

That was about when she reached up, attempting to touch the barrier. Rei immediately lit up warning signs, knowing all too well what happened to the last batch of people who had breached that barrier that was designed to keep her in but still allow others to enter as well. Originally, it was used so that when the team that was going to seal her was ready they could come in at their convenience, but Rei had been underestimated and eaten the team entirely. While they had been conversing, it was far from safe for anyone to get into the barrier especially considering that instinct was still the driving force for their body.

It has to be my voice!
    Of course.

“WAIT!!” Rei yelled, using Katsumi’s voice. This was meant to stun her into freezing up, hopefully locking her into place and ensuring that she didn’t push her hand through the barrier, which would feel like pressing through a thin layer of jello. As long as she didn’t press her body all the way through, she could still back out. It was without a doubt Katsumi’s voice, but they weren’t quite strong enough yet to bring Katsumi’s consciousness back to the fore where she could actually talk, especially in this form.

Rei spoke again to try to explain. “Kitsuke Kurahasa. Please do not breach the barrier. My body has been starving for the vast majority of three years, and I do not know if I could control my instincts if you were to approach, likely resulting in one of our deaths. My name is Rei, and I am the Entity that is merged with your sister, Katsumi. You will be our salvation, but it must be done carefully in order to ensure your safety.” Rei waited a moment to speak again, letting her digest that information, knowing that human thought was far slower than its own. “We need a significant amount of biomass and chakra both to regain our ability to properly function without our instinct to feed attacking everything that comes inside the barrier. Can you provide this?” It was a simple question, sure, but one that held a considerable amount of weight. After a moment, with what seemed to be a bit of internal conversation, he ended the point with one last note. “Your sister expresses the desire for you two to be… ‘Kit-Kat’ once again, but her concern for your safety is paramount. She also says my bad about the shinobi you sent before. If I had been in a proper state of mind, I would have sent them to get you, not consumed them.”

Great… I just hope she believes it… and it isn’t a new breed of illusion to torment me.
    I have an optimistic probability for our success. Your sister was always the more intelligent between you two.
    Hey!
    I only speak the truth and you know it. You were the muscle, she is the brains… but I suppose you have me for that now, don’t you?
    As long as we continue to be partners, that’s pretty much how the plan goes, right?
    That is the most acceptable portion of our agreement. We complement each other’s weaknesses and I learn more about the value of humanity.
    You have already come a long way. You used to think of every single person as nothing more than a meal.
    Quite accurate.

Now it was a waiting game for Kitsuke to decide how she would proceed. It had taken a considerable amount of their vastly depleted reserves of energy to simply speak that much to Kitsuke, and the threat of her safety was a very real thing. The last thing she wanted was to lose her sister, and she was banking on the fact that Kitsuke wouldn’t want to kill the one possibility of her own sister being alive in order to destroy Rei. All she could do was reside inside their shared consciousness.

Because of the hunger, her inner world had changed. It used to be a large dojo, but the torment had taken a toll, represented by rotting wood barely holding up the structure, as though it hadn’t been kept up in years. It was a shame she couldn’t invite Kitsuke in here, where it was safe… she wanted nothing more than to embrace her sister after so many years.

[1]
    WC: 1027
    TWC: 1027

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:58 am

“WAIT!!”

Kitsuki froze. She stopped just a centimeter shy of the haze and backed away from it. It was less a conscious action and more of a flinch. The voice that had called out to her was familiar. No...it can't be... Whatever was on the opposite side of the haze was not her sister and yet it spoke in her voice. The tenor was unmistakable. What is this?! Genjutsu? Kitsuki was not the best at detecting or defeating Genjutsu. In fact, she was downright awful at it. It was her one major weakness and the reason that she had lost her Chuunin Exams bout. She was still working on mitigating this weakness but the reality was that she was still subpar in defending against it. Kit's first thought was that whatever monster was responsible for killing her ANBU was now reaching into her mind and using her beloved sister's memory against her. Kitsuki backed away from the barrier, shut her eyes and shook her head.

No....no...you aren't her! Get out of my head! she prayed hoping that she could find a way past the illusion. The next words, however, were not what she expected. Rather than being raptured into a scene of nightmarish torment, she opened her eyes to still be in the present reality. The being was speaking to her in a calm and rational tone. It was as if it were explaining rather than trying to get the better of her. The goop told her not to break the barrier as it was starving and would try to eat her. She'd either be consumed or have to kill it off which would in turn be killing her sister. Kit's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Does this mean Kat is....this thing...or did it eat her?

She tightened her grip on her cane and stared at the being defiantly. She was wondering if it was lying to her. She looked around and kept her wits about herself. If this was a trap, she needed to be able to react quickly. Zizz began to flood her body with the nourishing properties of Grace. It made her strong and hardy. The sort of warrior she needed to be for her people and for the world. Kit's eyes glowed with a golden tint as she sought the counsel of her Angel.

What do you think?
    ⵉⵜ ⵛoⵓⵍⴷ ⴱⴻ ⵍⵢⵉⵏⴳ....ⴱⵓⵜ ⵉ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴽ ⵉⵜ ⵉⵙ. ⵢoⵓ'ⵔⴻ ⵙⵉⵙⵜⴻⵔ ⵎⵉⴳⵀⵜ ⴱⴻ ⵉⵏ ⵜⵀⴻⵔⴻ. ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ ⴼⴻⴻⵍ ⵉⵜ. ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ ⴼⴻⴻⵍ ⴰ ⵍoⵠⴻ. ⵜⵀⴻ ⴽⵉⵏⴷ oⴼ ⵍoⵠⴻ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⵢoⵓ'ⴷ oⵏⵍⵢ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⴼoⵔ ⴰ ⵠⴻⵔⵢ ⵛⵍoⵙⴻ ⵙⵉⴱⵍⵉⵏⴳ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵢoⵓ'ⵠⴻ ⵜoⵍⴷ ⵎⴻ ⵀoⵡ ⵙⵜⵔoⵏⴳ ⵜⵀⴻ ⴱoⵏⴷ ⵢoⵓ ⵜⵡo ⵀⴰⴷ.

Zizz was now hovering next to Kitsuki's shoulder. The Angelic creature was staring at the entity and trying to get a handle on what it was exactly. The mentioning of their dual nickname created a pang of worry and guilt in Kit's heart. Her resolve was unmatched but there were some feelings that could not be ignored. Kat had gone missing years ago and through a combination of overwork, foolish optimism, and fear, her beloved sister had not tried to look for her. If that was really her, if she had really merged with that thing, then how could Kit abandon her now?

Either way...we still need to deal with whatever that is. It could be deceiving us but even if it is we'll have to fight it regardless...
    ⵉⵜ ⵔⴻⵇⵓⵉⵔⴻⵙ ⴱⵉoⵎⴰⵙⵙ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵛⵀⴰⴽⵔⴰ....ⴰ ⵙⴰⵛⵔⵉⴼⵉⵛⴻ. ⵉⵜⵙ ⴻⵠⵉⵍ. Zizz determined.

Kit twirled the cane to build momentum as if preparing for a fight. She was about to charge in and risk it all just to kill this monstrosity when she realized something. The use of the phrase 'my bad.' It was familiar. Too familiar. Kit supposed it could be a mind-reading trick but her soul told her to remain calm. Zizz picked up on her hesitation and addressed it.

ⵢoⵓ ⴰⵔⴻⵏ'ⵜ ⵙⴻⵔⵉoⵓⵙⵍⵢ ⵛoⵏⵙⵉⴷⴻⵔⵉⵏⴳ ⵍⴻⵜⵜⵉⵏⴳ ⵜⵀⵉⵙ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵍⵉⵠⴻ?
    It could be Kat in there Zizz. You said it yourself...there's goodness in that thing.
    ⵎⴰⵢⴱⴻ. ⵉⵜ ⵛoⵓⵍⴷ ⴱⴻ ⵀⴻⵔ ⴱⵓⵜ ⵉⵜ ⵛoⵓⵍⴷ ⴰⵍⵙo ⴱⴻ ⵀⴻⵔ ⵔⴻⵙⵉⴷⵓⴻ. ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵎⵉⴳⵀⵜ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⴻⴰⵜⴻⵏ ⵀⴻⵔ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵏoⵡ ⵉⵜ ⵡⴰⵏⵜⵙ ⴰⵏoⵜⵀⴻⵔ ⵀⵓⵎⴰⵏ ⵙⴰⵛⵔⵉⴼⵉⵛⴻ. ⵢoⵓ'ⵔⴻ ⵏoⵜ ⵙⴻⵔⵉoⵓⵙⵍⵢ ⵛoⵏⵙⵉⴷⴻⵔⵉⵏⴳ ⴳⵉⵠⵉⵏⴳ ⵉⵜ oⵏⴻ?
    ....You're right....but there has to be a way.

Kitsuki lowered the cane but continued to stare at the jelly. She needed to engineer a solution to this problem. She was always the "smarter" one of the two but she was sure that wasn't entirely accurate. Kat was probably naturally brighter than her but Kit was less reckless and more willing to think things through than her hot-headed older sister. Funnily enough, in Kat's absence, Kit resolved to grow stronger. She wouldn't have the elder Kurahasa to look after her and she needed to be strong for others. The result was a kunoichi who was far more physically capable than what Kat was last aware of. The answer alluded her for a few minutes when suddenly she recalled something the entity had said.

Biomass and chakra! That's it!

Kitsuki called out to the being. There was still suspicion in her voice but out of sheer desperation and hope, she was willing to work with this creature. The slim chance that she might be reuinted with Katsumi was enough to make her bite even at the risk of her home.

"You said you require biomass and chakra correct? It doesn't necessarily need to come from a human right?" This was a test. The creature had slaughtered her men. An act that was normally unforgivable and punishable by death. However, if it had done so out of maddening hunger then perhaps she could alleviate its suffering. If it was more concerned with nutrition than it was with human flesh, then she might be able to give it what it needed. It had specified two conditions for satiation and anything beyond was likely to be greed. Its answer would determine how she approached this creature and the potential liberation of her older sister.

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:35 pm

She froze.  Inside her mind-scape, Katsumi breathed a sigh of relief.  Her inner world was a large floating upside down dome shaped piece of land, clearly man-made in origin, and on the top was a large tiled surface.  A few trees dotted the landscape in perfect patterns, and around the edge were twelve golden rings that were about two meters wide, and directly in  the center was a single large ring, roughly 30 meters wide, and it didn’t seem there was much in the way of function for any of them.  Katsumi was underneath this arena in what looked like a high-tech control room, sitting on the edge of her ‘seat’ on a large red couch watching a massive screen that was showing what Rei was seeing.  Through this, she was able to watch what was going on outside, and was nervously bouncing her knee as she watched things unfold.  Sitting next to her was Rei in a human-ish form, bright blue hair and topaz yellow eyes, but the entity seemed far more relaxed.

At first, as expected, Kitsuke was in disbelief, closing her eyes and shaking her head like she thought something was wrong with her mind… but then her eyes opened, and her expression changed to one of surprise.  Then they narrowed in suspicion and Katsumi once more got nervous, knowing that it was possible that she might just disbelieve this entire scenario and outright try to destroy them.  Inside her mind, Rei placed a hand on Katsumi’s bouncing knee, trying to reassure her, and when the elder Kurahasa turned to look at it, projecting the silent question of why it was so calm, he simply shook his head.  Have faith.  Your sister will understand.  Katsumi turned her attention back towards the screen but not before making a comment.  I hope you are right, for both of us.  Kitsuke’s eyes began to glow, which normally would have been some cause for alarm, but she wasn’t in a combat stance, so it was quite possible… then she noticed the little angel looking thing buzzing around her head.

I believe she has an entity as well, which increases our odds.  I calculate we have a 56% chance of success now for the most favorable outcome.
    Wait… what were they before??
    Less than 25%.
    Then how in the everloving fuck were you so confident?!
    Because of the bond between you and your sister.

Yes, despite the fact that you are angry about possibly being abandoned, and had given up outwardly on her even being alive, I know the truth of your feelings.  You never lost faith.  You always hoped.  I have never seen such willpower before.
    Shaddap you asshole.  Katsumi then laughed, feeling that hope begin to surge through her even now.

The use of their nickname seemed to have some sort of effect, but it was hard to tell if it was favorable or not.  The twirling of the cane… which was new to her knowledge, she wasn’t sure what to do anything about, but it made Rei nervous for some reason.  But then things calmed down, and then it looked like Kitsuke had some kind of realization, and finally began to respond, and she could hear the hope that was in it.

Rei, naturally, responded with pure logic and sense.  “Of course.  Humans simply have the amplest supply of chakra-to-biomass ratio, but if an alternative means exists in any form, I can consume it.  They also do not need to be connected to one another; any means that mixes and matches also is excellent.  Katsumi would much prefer that we do not consume humans if at all possible, and I have learned the value of that mentality.”  The idea that the biomass could be infused somehow with Chakra and it not be the latent pool of the thing was intriguing, and Rei would be watching with interest with whatever concept that Kitsuke came up with.  Inside her mind, Katsumi was on her feet, a mile wide smile on her face, fist pumping into the air, filled to the brim with hope.

You beautiful blue slime-ball!  She got it!
    It would indeed appear so.  We are very fortunate that she is thinking outside the box.  Rei’s tone was a little different for this comment, something that Katsumi was quick to pick up on.
    Was that a joke?  Did you just crack a joke?  I don’t think I have ever heard you do that before…
    I thought I would try it.
    It was good!  I mean, we are literally trapped inside a box, and she’s outside of it.  Well placed.
    Your appreciation has been noted.
    Hell yea.  I’m going to make you into someone we can all hang out with and everyone gets along yet.
    Well, not that you have much choice in the matter.  This time Rei almost sounded smug.
    Another one!!  You have to be in a good mood.
    The prospect of freedom and an end to our torment is certainly a positive factor.
    I hear that… I am ready to get off this island already.
    Indeed.  We both are.

For the first time in years, they both had some hope, and the energy that came with that hope, in her inner world, had actual affects on the world.  For a very long time, the sky had been dark and cloudy… and for the first time in years, the clouds began to thin and part, showing a bit of light from the moon in her sky.  The beams of moonlight began to shine through, and with it, the dark room she was sitting in that the only light came from the screens that showed her the vision of the outside world was revealed.  Highly advanced technologically, it was a control room, but one that was massive and ringed with windows on the outside.  Katsumi quickly noticed the light coming in from those windows, and dashed to them, staring out at the clearing night sky within her inner world.  This would work.  It had to.  Just ask quickly, she returned to her couch to watch things unfold.

[2]
    WC: 1151
    TWC: 2178

Last edited by Katsumi Kurahasa on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Kit was a bit off-put by Rei's statement. The implication was obvious. Prior to its contact with Katsumi it had a ravenous appetite for human flesh. The good news was that it was willing to consume any biomass with infused chakra. Kitsuki was a peaceful woman but she was not against killing animals for food or sport so long as nothing was put to waste.

ⵢoⵓ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⴰⵏ ⵉⴷⴻⴰ?
    Yup!

"Okay. Wait right here. Do NOT move." If this creature was being confined to the barrier then her command would be superflous but she felt the need to stress it anyways. Kit took one last look at the being and then took off in the opposite direction back to the boat. Kitsuki's plan was to find a large ocean critter and pour her chakra into it. The seafood would thus provide a veritable meal for her sister and the entity she bore. When Kit arrived back at the boat unharmed, her soldiers jumped at attention. They said nothing but their eyes all asked the same question: Did you kill it?

Without answering the question directly, Kitsuki spoke to them. "I'm going shark hunting. Stay here." she ordered. The confused shinobi sat back down in the boat while Kit waded out to see and dove under the waves. She was strong enough to ignore the current as she swam with her cane. A shark couldn't hurt her. It'd sooner break its teeth on her skin than cause damage. The Great White Sharks of Hozuki Isle were not hard to find. The creatures were as big as "Jaws" and they infested the waters surrounding the city. They provided a great natural defense to the natives that lived on the archipelago even as far back as the time prior to the Sage of Six Paths. Kit finally encounter a shark and it dove for her. It opened its mouth expecting a tasty meal but instead annihilated its teeth once it chomped down on her torso. All it took was for Kitsuki to inflict a single blow to its stomach for her to kill it. The sea monster belly burst with blood and it was no more. She grabbed it by its tail and dragged it ashore. Without explaining anything to her crew, Kitsuki towed the shark back into the island's interior and towards Rei.

I need your help Zizz. I'm going to send my chakra into this shark so that the blob thing can eat it. Maybe then it will calm down and release my sister
    ⵙⵎⴰⵔⵜ ⵉⴷⴻⴰ! ⴰⵏⴷ oⴼ ⵛoⵓⵔⵙⴻ ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ ⵀⴻⵍp!

Kit plopped the giant shark down in front of the barrier and looked at Rei defiantly. Despite the load, Kit had not broken a sweat nor was she even out of breath. This was indeed a different Kit then what Kat was used to. The shark was gargantuan. It was easily the size of three fully grown men. If this could not satisfy the beast then Kit was worried as to what it really wanted. She announced her plan to Rei.

"I'm going to put my chakra into this shark and allow you to consume it. But after I do it....you need to let my sister go, do you understand?"

Kit's voice then softened and she tried to look past the creature and into its soul where Kat might be trapped.

"Kat...if you can hear me. I'm coming for you. Just hold on." She hoped that she wouldn't regret this. Zizz had seen good at the center of this blob and for a chance to be reunited with her sister, she decided it was worth a shot. Kit placed her hands on the shark and closed her eyes. She had never done anything like this before so she would need to rely on the guidance of her Angel. Together, the two synced their minds. Zizz's enhanced Kitsuki's chakra control and helped her transfer a whooping amount of chakra into the beast. The shark glowed with blue and gold before its color settled back to normal. It was still a dead shark but now it was a dead shark with chakra.

Kitsuki stepped away from the shark and approached the barrier. She gripped her cane tightly and struck the barrier with all her might. She steeled herself to be attacked in case Rei had been lying but prayed that its attention would be drawn to the mammothian shark which lay right in front of it.

Used: Chakra Injection

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:03 am

"Okay. Wait right here. Do NOT move."

She’s… joking right.
    Based on her tone I don’t think--
    I FUCKING KNOW, BUT WHAT THE HELL?!
    Yelling inside your mind with me as the only one who can bear the annoyance once more. We talked about this, Katsumi.
    You’re right, you’re right… but holy crap Sis… like we were planning on going somewhere? That’s like telling someone who is drowning to simply hold their breath…
    I am aware of the irony, and the command is redundant most certainly. Perhaps she is doing it in order to emphasize her point since she does not trust me. Perhaps it is to simply reassure herself more than a command to us.
    I mean… maybe? It’s possible I guess, but still stupid.

They then watched as she walked away, but considering what she had said before, they could surmise her plan pretty quickly. Now that they were once more alone and Katsumi didn’t need to stare at the monitors she took a moment and looked towards the one main door that was dead center of the upside down floating dome she was in. It was tightly sealed, chains and boards all keeping her from even trying to attempt it, and that was mostly done by her own hand. On the other side was the elevator that would take her consciousness to the surface again, allow her to see the world firsthand instead of simply using Rei’s senses in a borrowed fashion, and a door that had been sealed for over two years now, since the pain of the hunger got so great that it started to warp her mind. Rei had been the one to suggest it, and thanks to being extremely capable, was able to continue to be conscious, deal with that pain, and entertain her while time passed very well. The two of them had gotten extremely close over the years, learning almost everything there was to know about one another inside this inner world, and it had been dark… but now, the clouds were parting as hope brought them light. And then, as if to expand upon that hope, she saw what looked like the sky beginning to purple on the horizon, heralding the dawn in the distance.

Realizing that this could mean something important, she turned her gaze back to the monitor, and watched as Kitsuke was dragging up an absolutely massive shark towards her. That should be enough! Waiting quietly, she paused, and while she knew technically breathing wasn’t even really needed for her, she began to hold her breath in anticipation. She began to commune with her Angel thing again, or so she figured, and then began to pour her chakra into the shark. It was not lost on her that Kitsuke hadn’t even barely struggled with this task in the slightest, and if her eyes weren’t deceiving her, she could see holes in the woman’s clothing where the shark had bit her, but based on the lack of blood, she was completely unharmed. She must have taken a page out of Katsumi’s book at focused a bit more on being a physically capable fighter. The younger Kurahasa sister then explained the plan, and for the moment, Rei did not answer, mostly because the answer was far more complicated than what Kitsuke had proposed, but then did answer.

“It will absolutely ensure your sister’s freedom. She can indeed hear you, and is excited beyond words.”

They then watched the process, and Rei then realized quickly what her plan was and directed every bit of its mental prowess into seeing that shark and NOTHING but that shark. Convincing the instincts that were in control that it was the best option, the only prey. It was what to go after and nothing else. How long had it been since it had to separate the instinctive side of itself, maddened by hunger, and left it in control? Over a year, certainly. Now it was time to reassimilate it into their mental scape, bring it back into the fold and become one mind again. The cane raised, and then the barrier shattered as she struck it as hard as she could. It was designed as a default to be something to keep things in, not to keep them out, and as such all the durability was focused on the inside. As the condensed chakra dissipated into the air and vanished, there wasn’t a shred of doubt of what was happening next; a little blue blur lunged forward like a bullet and expanded like a wave of water made of blue slime, expanding outwards like a weird net that completely bypassed Kitsuke and encompassed the shark in it’s entirety. It was only a second before the blue slime covered the entire shark, and only five seconds more before it shrank down back to the size that she had previously witnessed.

Inside the Mind-Scape, the dawn broke over the horizon. On the surface, the instinct Rei stopped moving all together, but down below, the sounds of chains breaking, falling away and disintegrating, boards unlatching from the door, and all the barriers simply fading into dust and vanishing. Katsumi stood with Rei, and they both looked at that door for a short while, and finally Rei turned towards her.

It is safe.
    You… you’re sure?
    Absolutely Certain.
    Hell… it’s about time.
    Agreed. Let’s go.

They moved towards the door, and Rei reached down and pressed a button, waiting patiently for a moment before they slid sideways out of the way, revealing a simple little box for them to step into. Once there, they stepped inside, and the sensation of being lifted was presented, followed by finally coming to a stop. Then the doors opened again, and Katsumi squinted into the brightening sky, the fading clouds, and the bright light. She was feeling the enjoyment of feeling the sun on face for the first time in years, and then the entire world grew extremely bright and faded away from her consciousness.

Outside, the blue blob shifted a bit, and then stretched upwards. After a couple of seconds, a very familiar form would begin to take shape, nothing but a glossy mold in a way, and then the finer details began to take shape. Hair began to form, musculature presented itself, eyes would show, color would seep into the form as it began to take the shape of her sister, but based on the stance, it was very obvious at first glance that it was not Katsumi, at least not yet. As the final details began to finish up, it was the eyes that were the telltale sign, both of them being a bright ruby red. Rei, using Katsumi’s body, took a few moments more, and bowed at the waist deeply. “You have my utmost thanks. I look forward to working with you in the future. And without further delay, I uphold my end of the bargain. You two have much to discuss.” Standing back upright, staring directly into Kitsuke’s eyes, her own eyes changed color again, turning back to Katsumi’s natural bright blue.

The stance change was immediate too; slouching slightly at the shoulders, spreading the stance just a bit, and taking a moment to lift a hand and simply stare at it while she clenched and opened her hand a few times… and then reached down towards Kitsuke with the biggest smile on the face of the planet, scooping her up into her arms and pulling her into a hug that lifted Kitsuke off the ground. At least, that was her intent, barring that the woman didn’t try to counter her in any way. Tears poured from her eyes, and while there were an absolute million questions running through her mind that needed answers, for the moment, nothing else mattered. Just her and her sister.

[2]
    WC: 1407
    TWC: 3585

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Kitsuki remained stiffed but exhaled through her nose as Rei promised that this would satisfy them. It promised that she'd have her sister back. It could have all been a lie. Kit had no real way of knowing. All she had to go on was a hunch, her Angel's intuition and a bit of faith. She nodded in agreement and broke the barrier. What happened next was a figurative and literal blur. The jelly lunged forwards. For a moment, she feared that she would be its target. She was confident in her strength and in her own abilities but she couldn't help but feel a twinge of fear. This thing was unknown and its power could be the kind that ended civilizations. Fortunately, whether she was strong enough to beat back Rei was not a question that need be decided today. True to its word, the entity zipped past her and instead went for the shark. It encapsulated the biomass laden with chakra and then devoured it. Kit looked on in horror as it made quick work of the sea critter.

It must have done the same to my shinobi....the ANBU...all those brave ninja.....

She was angry and confused. Where did this being come from and why was it so hungry? She could have shouted at it and demanded answers, but what happened next stalled her anger. It had kept up its end of the bargain and was now delivering to her what she desired. Katsumi. The fact that it didn't attack her and went for the shark only firmed up her belief that this was no trick. She watched with tears forming in her eyes as the gelatin took on a familiar shape. The body, the hair, but not the eyes. The unmistakable red hue reminded her of someone. A friend. Someone whom she had lost to the scourge of demonic powers. The same demonic powers that had ruined Zizz's homeworld and that now threatened to swallow this one. A Bijuu...that has to be it... The entity that Kit believed to be a Bijuu thanked her and expressed interest in working together in the near future. He then re-introduced her sister. Kit could tell that Kat was now in control as her eyes had gone from red to the warm blue that she knew and loved.

The moment the change happened, Kat's stance changed and Kit moved forward to help support her sister's weight. She threw her arm over her shoulder and did her best to stabilize her. The first thing Katsumi would notice was probably Kit's newfound strength. She could lean and rest on her younger smaller sister without fear of them collapsing. For years Katsumi had supported the younger and more timid Kitsuki but now she could return the favor. The trials of leadership had made her stronger and now they could face the world together as equals. When Katsumi hugged Kit and swept her off her feet, the little sister embraced her and cried into her shoulders. Between sobs she managed: "Katsumi....I'm so sorry....I should have looked for you...I should have found you..."

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Katsumi held her sister close, but not without recognizing the absolutely astounding amount of strength that the comparatively much smaller young woman had now. She must have trained like a demon in order to get that strong, as she was just as strong as she was, and that was if she wasn’t holding some of it in reserve. She would simply have to get stronger and more capable in response, because despite how close the two were, there was also a small sense of rivalry between them as well. They never let it get between them, but that sense of competition made both of them strive to become stronger, or at least that was how it used to be. Time would tell if that would remain the same… she could have become a completely different person; Katsumi definitely wasn’t the same person who went into that state of stasis either, and she was about to prove it.

The old Katsumi, upon hearing the words uttered by Kitsuke, would have immediately began to emotionally react to the fact that even the attempt hadn’t been made to find her. They hadn’t even looked. But now, she heard only that she was apologizing, and wanted nothing more than to have the woman in her arms and be together again. Katsumi only gently ran a hand through her sister’s hair and held her close, taking a deep breath and feeling the sensation of finally being able to breathe again wash over her. She needed this more than words could ever truly express, and while she held her there for a moment, she took a second in that and connected to Rei in her mind who she considered family as well, something that was going to take some time to bring Kitsuke to understand on another day.

Still there, yea? We can still talk this way?
    Yes, and before you draw too much concern, our communication happens at extreme speeds compared to the time that actually passes, so conversing in an instant will not be problematic.
    Good. I know a part of me should be mad that they didn’t look for us, but truth is, I’m really not.
    Likely because you have matured a bit, mentally, in our time together. Also, we have not heard the full story, something we can dive into once things settle down a bit. I’m assuming we are going to be going back to Kirigakure, correct?
    Yea I think that’s our best bet. I want to be around my sister no matter what, and I’m sure my parents wanna know I’m alive too.
    Of course. Now, please humor me a moment, the small angel creature. I would deeply like to know more about it. I can detect it speaking through a sort of psychic signal, but translating it is difficult. I do request you inquire further on this subject.
    Alright, I can do that.
    After we become truly stabilized, we also definitely need to focus on establishing our bond as much as possible.
    I mean, can’t that wait just a bit? Straight back to training?
    You cannot tell me that it is not something you enjoy.
    No no, you are definitely right. But nothing comes between family… and that includes you too, by the way. You are family now to me.
    We will see if your sister is as accepting of the idea as you are.
    I’m sure she will be cool with it… I mean, she’s got a literal tiny angel circling around her head. Surely she gets it to some degree, you know?
    Perhaps. We will know more as you inquire further.
    Yea yea, I got you. If I don’t ask soon I’m sure you will just pester me into oblivion anyway. Soon. For now, let me enjoy this.

Rei’s lack of response might as well have been acknowledgement. Spending so much time with just each other had meant learning mannerisms for one another, and one of Rei’s was that if it objected to an idea, it would voice that objection without hesitation. That meant pauses and silence meant that it agreed without the need of wasting time or mental processes to respond. At first, it had been annoying as hell, but Katsumi was more than used to it at this point and understood it for what it was. No one would ever know the number of debates and arguments that had been made off of that one topic alone, but it had helped pass the time for sure.

Katsumi finally released her hug, setting Kitsuke back onto her feet, and then looked up, looking like she was surprised by the little angel that was flittering around her head. “And who is this? Kitsuke, introduce me to your new friend! I believe you have already met Rei.” A part of her wanted to ask ‘what’ it was as well, but Rei had been quick to note that it might be interpreted as rude considering that the entity itself had several people do the same to it, and while it didn’t really take offense, it certainly could understand something that might. She would then stand by and wait for the introductions to be made, keeping an open mind and transitioning the topic away from the guilt she likely felt about not trying to find Katsumi onto something lighter and more productive.

Well placed.
    Yea, I thought that was pretty smooth.
    It definitely helps to respond rationally instead of emotionally, doesn’t it?
    Wait wait wait, don’t you start this debate now Slimeball. We have been through this I don’t know how many times--
    482 times.
    Shaddap! You even agreed that emotionally activated responses have a place in conversations. They make things more genuine and heartfelt, which is important to humans!
    Agreed, but I foresaw a much more disastrous outcome if you had emotionally responded to the idea that Kitsuke hadn’t even tried to look for you.
    Us. We are in this together. Hadn’t tried to look for us. And you were right before. We don’t know the whole story. I know she’s sure as hell a lot stronger now, physically at least.
    Quite. And this is because she trained, likely to compensate for your loss. I realize normally you would need more time to spend with her to make up for that lost time, but you are forgetting a time period she will be unavailable for that we can use.
    Oh shit that’s right. She’ll have to sleep. We don’t really do that… even though I think we should.
    It is simply a waste of time to spend it resting in a human fashion. You are no longer of the same physical makeup, and thus do not require sleep. I will grant you time to do so when we are powerful enough, and bonded enough, to not need to worry about most foes. Is that a fair deal?
    Yea, but when will that be, and how the hell will we know?
    It is quite simple. We will test ourselves against the stronger opponents. I seem to recall you enjoy combat anyway, so it will be enjoyable for us both and an adequate test of our abilities.
    Alright, deal. But I am adding in that we try to sleep more than just like… one night a week or something stupid. No loopholes.
    I suggest we discuss a schedule for the needless activity once we have accomplished our goal, and not before then. It will be important to keep the motivation strong or our training will wane. There are many abilities you need to master just to complete our skillset alone.
    Fine fine. Need to figure out what I need to study on the Ninja side of things too. Probably start with learning some of the elemental stuff like Water. Since ya know… we are in the Water Village. Got an idea on how to make that combine with my Taijutsu.

Rei was intrigued by the idea, but the conversation was ended for the moment, not even a second passing in the real world as the conversation blitzed by in a blur within her mind. Which was her whole body really, but that was something she still had a hard time wrapping her mind around, her body being different than anyone else’s, and true to Rei’s mental statement, not even truly human anymore. She could simulate doing almost anything human, and often did like breathing, just to feel a little bit normal, but it wasn’t something she had to do anymore. This did, however, open the door to learning a lot of Jutsu that normally would be very difficult because of human limitations, but that was something that she didn’t have to worry about so it opened that door to possibility.

While Katsumi was waiting for the introduction, she noted that Rei was requesting to be able to share control in order to better his ability to sense the outside world, something that it didn’t have to worry about sharing for the past three years but suddenly became viable again. Without missing a beat, Katsumi’s right eye shifted back to red, while the other stayed blue, giving a physical indication that Rei was back in some shape or form, but the stance that they held was the same, indicating that Katsumi was still very much in the driver’s seat. This was important to Katsumi, because she didn’t want to give a false idea that Rei was gone, and he was very much present and accounted for.

[2]
    WC: 1819
    TWC: 5404

(Finally Settled on a color pallat for their text based on their eye color)
    Rei: Thoughts “Verbal”
    Katsumi: Thoughts “Verbal”

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:07 pm

Kitsuki needed some time to collect herself even after Kat set her down. She did her best to wipe the tears from her eyes and look up at her big sister. She noticed that Katsumi was intrigued by the Angel that was buzzing around her head. It appeared as though she wasn't the only one who had acquired a mysterious entity recently. Kit rubbed away the last of her tears and responded:

"Oh. That's Zizz my Guardian Angel! She's an alien from another world...she's here to help me grow strong so that I can protect humanity from evil. I was able to free you because of her. A lot has changed since you were gone Kat...... some for the better and some for the worst. Zizz helped me get through the rough times..."

The Angel floated about and settled on Kit's shoulder. It was about the size of a small bird and as naked as a newborn babe. Its shame was hidden amongst a myriad of snow white wings and its form glowed in a golden aura. It waved and smiled at Katsumi knowing that it could not understand her. The Angel noticed that one of Katsumi's eyes was glowing red and the other blue which indicated the presence of the malevolent entity that was controlling her prior. She didn't recognize this being and was unsure if it was created by the colonizers or was something else entirely. Despite not knowing what it was or where it came from, she was rather suspicious of it. However, Zizz didn't want to interrupt the reunion between the two sisters. Kitsuki was already in an emotionally fragile state and picking a fight with Kat's entity would not help matters.

When Kit spoke of the Angel, her mood brightened. It was a welcome distraction from the guilt she had felt earlier. Totally oblivious to the conversation that the two were having internally, Kit lowered her voice and asked her sister:

"Can...can it hear us?" Kitsuki wasn't sure what the relationship between Rei and Katsumi was. She assumed that Kat was being held captive but the way Rei had stood aside and allowed her to take control was perplexing. This was her sister. She knew it. She wouldn't even entertain the notion that this was some kind of illusion or brainwashed body. That said, if Rei was still lurking about Kit would prefer to know so that she could censor herself appropriately. "I don't know if its sa-"

Kitsuki's ears twitched and her eyes flashed a brilliant gold. She suddenly became aware of a sound in the distance. One large boom followed by several smaller echoes of the same resonance. As an archer that made extensive use of explosive ordinance, Kitsuki knew what a blast sounded like. Those weren't fireworks or small scale explosives. For them to be audible at this distance meant that they were military grade. She turned her head in the direction of the sea. Far off to the east, the vague outline of a landmass could be seen. Kit was aware that the Heavenly Emporium was to be touring this quadrant of the world. She had planned her schedule accordingly as it was her intention to play a concert in honor of Okane's birthday. The closer proximity would make it easier for her to organize her band, pyrotechnics and other necessities. She had been pulled away from her party planning endeavors by this crisis but now it looked like another was fermenting on the floating city. Kit wasn't sure how perceptive her sister was especially since she had been in jelly for what was likely several years. She spoke up for the benefit of her older sister. "There...." She pointed off into the distance. The Heavenly Emporium was far. Very far. There was no way they would make it in time if they relied on conventional travel. More blasts were going off and then something truly haunting. A roar. Although it was less a roar and more of a primordial echo by the time it reached the island, its cadence was unmistakable. She instantly recalled her battle with Chigetsu in his V2 form and then her heart sank.

The Heavenly Emporium is under attack. I can feel it.
    ⵡⴻ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⵜo ⴳo. ⵏoⵡ!

Kitsuki wasn't sure if Katsumi even knew what the Heavenly Emporium was or why it was so important to the shinobi world. Unfortunately, she didn't have time to explain. Whoever was responsible for breaching the sacred peace of Okane's city had to be strong. Strong and confident in their ability to overcome the combined wrath of the ninja world. Kitsuki turned to her sister with grave worry in her eyes. The sorrow and guilt she felt took a backseat to the righteous fury swelling in her spirit. Zizz had gone from laying down on Kit's shoulder to taking a prone position. Its wings were now shifting and it prepared to move as the two synced up.

"Innocent people are under attack. I have to go save them...Listen...there are some men nearby. They are on a boat and can take you back to Kirigakure if you need to rest up." The younger Kurahasa had assumed that her sister was in no condition to fight. She would not ask Katsumi accompany her on this excursion given that she had just been liberated from a long and hard captivity. She didn't even appear to have control over her body for most of her internment so expecting her to fight would have been unfair. I can't afford to lose you again....I'll be back soon she thought to herself. She formed the Snake handseal and glowed in a golden aura as her flight armour was summoned to her body. She was now adorned with the Quantum Meruit Armour. Its mechanical wings dramatically unfurled and its wingspan stretched out to each side. Golden energy burst forth from the engine vents as a combination of combustion chakra and Jikanton lifted her a few inches off the ground.

She could have taken off right then and there but a look in Katsumi's eyes told her to wait. It was the look she had when they were walking home and some local thugs thought that a couple of ultra-wealthy merchant's daughters would make a fine ransom. When someone took their jokes against Kit too far even in the halls of the WASP School. It was the look of a kunoichi that didn't know how to turn down a fight no matter the odds and no matter the circumstances.

ⵙⵀⴻ'ⵙ ⵛoⵎⵉⵏⴳ ⵡⵉⵜⵀ ⵢoⵓ.
    Are you kidding? Absolutely Not. She's in no co-
    ⵜⵀⵉⵙ ⵉⵙ oⵏⴻ ⴼⵉⴳⵀⵜ ⵢoⵓ ⵡoⵏ'ⵜ ⵡⵉⵏ

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:41 pm

Katsumi watched as her younger sister wiped the tears from her eyes, but didn’t do the same thing.  She was proud of simply being able to cry, even if the tears never technically left her body.  Rei was willing to try to entertain the fact that it was something that she could do to express her emotions, but was unwilling to lose a bit of her body for the action, as it would be a waste of biomass.  So the tears would simply run down her cheeks until Katsumi no longer had the urge, and then be reabsorbed into her body when it tucked under her chin.  It still looked very natural, which was good, but nothing fell from Katsumi’s face.  They did slowly come to a stop, but as an added effect, there were still little droplets at the corners of Katsumi’s eyes for the moment, adding to the expression of just how happy the larger woman was.

Then came the explanation about Zizz.  An alien?  That was really interesting.  And apparently, she had done the same for Kitsuke as Rei had done for her; helped her through some very troubling times.  As far as how the world had changed, all of it could be addressed pretty simple.  “No worries.  We can sit down and you can catch me up on all the happenings soon.  Not like we won’t have time now that I’m out of that small hell of a box.  Rei is the only reason I’m even somewhat sane now, so I get getting some help when stuff gets rough.”  She took a moment to wave back to the little angel and gave it a smile as well, greeting the entity and giving it the respect that she gave any other person.  To do anything less would be an insult in her opinion, as she considered these entities as whole and complete beings, something that her bond with Rei had only emphasized.  They had their own dreams, hopes, aspirations and everything else.  Why people would treat them as anything less than equals was beyond her.

Then came the question, something that made her smile and laugh at first, but just as the younger sister began to start with her concern, a series of explosions sounded in the far distance, and they both turned towards the sound.  The explosions rang, and quickly, Rei spoke within her mind for a moment.

Based on my calculations, that is the floating landmass we witnessed pass overhead during our capture.
    You sure?  But it is so far away!  How are we hearing it from here?!
    Because the explosions are to such a magnitude that it can travel for many miles.  I doubt there is a single major village that is incapable of hearing the commotion there.
    Well, upside, they are going to have plenty of people rushing to their aid more than likely, yea?
    Yes, but I fear that this is far more than a simple attack.
    Okay… explain?
    Anything capable of making detonations on that scale, and attacking a landmass easily reinforced by every major nation in the middle of the day, is strong enough to contend with any reinforcements those nations can provide.  This is a global problem.
    Oh shit.  So what are our chances of success?
    Alone?  Nothing.  Together, almost zero, but not quite.
    Hell… let’s go save the planet.

Kitsuke’s response and the flash of gold in her eyes wasn’t missed.  But then the Roar sparked even more conversation, this time audibly.  “That is a Bijuu related creature attacking that flying landmass.”  The androgynous voice came out clearly from Katsumi’s mouth, not even hesitating.  Her comment about getting on the boat with the soldiers caused her to shake her head, and seamlessly Katsumi’s voice emerged once more.  “I know we haven’t been together for a while, but have you really forgotten that much about me?  ME?  Hide?  Or maybe I just missed the joke?”  The grin spread across her face that Kitsuke would know very well; the one she always used when she was getting ready to have a fight with someone and really and truly enjoy the battle.  Besides, saving people always was a good idea.  But there was something a little more to the smile that couldn’t really be seen, but more felt; it wasn’t just anticipation and joy… but also like a predator baring its fangs towards a delectable bit of prey.  The truth of the matter was that she was still quite hungry, and she was wondering if she could take a bit out of something that was so powerful and actually get some nourishment from it.

The armor that Kitsuke dawned was impressive, and even allowed the smaller woman to fly a bit off the ground.  Normally, that wouldn’t have been enough, but she had felt firsthand just how powerful and strong Kitsuke had become, so her tagging along shouldn’t be a problem at all.  She would address a few concerns rapidly, with Rei chiming in as well.  

“We gotta get up there and save those people.  Wreck whatever it is that is attacking them.  I’ve retained much of my strength.  Hell, technically, I’m probably stronger, thanks to working with Rei for so long.  I’m sure I can figure out something, and if the first thing I can do with my freedom is find a way to help other people and protect my little sister, I’m all about it, you know?”  She grinned, but before she could get too far, Rei piped up.  “The roar is indicative of a Bijuu class entity much like myself, partially artificial in nature, but on a much larger scale than myself or anything to my recollection.  Larger than actual Bijuu.  I can continue analysis while we are en route.  I recommend my ‘slimeball’ form for the ease of being able to be carried.  And you are quite right, Zizz; this was an argument that Kitsuke was never going to win.  If you wouldn’t mind, I would like you to converse with me a bit so I can continue to translate your language.  With a bit of time, I am hoping to replicate it.”  The shock on Katsumi’s face at that was obvious, as she was a little bit confused by the entity addressing Zizz directly.

Katsumi might not have been capable of understanding the angel, but Rei, who was extremely intelligent, was more than capable of figuring it out just based on the few bits of conversation that it had heard so far.  It wasn’t able to hear Kitsuke’s responses, as they were within her own mind and it had no ability to detect what was going on in their minds, but it was more than capable of figuring out what Zizz was saying and translating it.  Regardless, there was one more thing that would likely need to be addressed before anything else, and she stepped in front of Kitsuke a little closer and locked her mismatched ones to the younger sister’s own.  “Kit… one thing you gotta know.  You can trust Rei.  Yea, he's a bit wonky, but I’ve spent the past three years with that slimeball as my only company.  I trust it with my life, which funny enough is Rei’s too.  We are tied together.  If you trust me at all, you will know that you can trust Rei.”  Trust was not something that Katsumi had ever tossed around easily either, as it was something that was important beyond measure to the elder sister.  While she waited for the response and for them to get going, she turned her gaze towards the floating landmass again, listening to the booms.  Every second they delayed, things would get worse, so she hoped the reply came swiftly.

[3]
    WC: 1391
    TWC: 6795

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:28 am

Zizz had never stopped scrutinizing Katsumi's lone red eye. She had allowed the cathartic moment to proceed but that didn't mean that Rei was off the hook. It was eating people. Living people. As far as the Angel was concerned, this was a long term issue that likely would not be resolved by chakra-enfused sharks. Katsumi seemed nice enough though. Kitsuki spoke highly of her and Zizz could see why. She wasn't exactly a paragon of virtue but then again, few humans were. She did have a sense of goodness in her and if Kit trusted this woman then Zizz would as well. As close as they had become, there was no replacing the bond between family. However, Zizz did not consider Rei to be a part of that family. When Kat thanked the monstrous jelly for her sanity, she became even more uneasy. Kit picked up on it but said nothing for now. She knew her Angel often got antsy when dealing with other entities, especially those whose intentions were not wholly good.

The explosion had provided a welcome distraction. Rei spoke up with Kat's mouth but not in her voice. Kit and Zizz were so in-tune at that point that they thought the exact same thing at the exact same time.

They are symbiotic. Like us.
    ⵜⵀⴻⵢ ⴰⵔⴻ ⵙⵢⵎⴱⵉoⵜⵉⵛ. ⵍⵉⴽⴻ ⵓⵙ.

Kitsuki smiled back at Kat's reaction. Of course she knew better. This was Katsumi Kurahasa. She wasn't going to get in a boat and paddle back to the village like some coward. If there was a fight to be had and people to rescue, then she'd be on the frontlines. She was worried about her sister's friendship with that thing but now wasn't the time to get into all of that. They had lives to save.

"I should have known better. But this time, I'll be protecting you Big Sis"  Kitsuki listened as Rei gave a briefing as to what was going on in the distance. Its analysis was astute and Zizz could not argue with it but the fact that it had been eavesdropping on her comms with Kit made her angry. The Angel floated forwards and moved in front of Kat's eye. The red one if it were still present. Zizz crossed her tiny arms and shot back at the Reibi.

ⵉ ⵡⴰⵙⵏ'ⵜ ⵜⴰⵍⴽⵉⵏⴳ ⵜo ⵢoⵓ...ⵡⵀⴰⵜⴻⵠⴻⵔ ⵢoⵓ ⴰⵔⴻ. ⵢoⵓ'ⵔⴻ ⵙⵎⴰⵔⵜ ⴻⵏoⵓⴳⵀ ⵜo ⵓⵏⴷⴻⵔⵙⵜⴰⵏⴷ ⵎⵢ ⵍⴰⵏⴳⵓⴰⴳⴻ ⴱⵓⵜ ⵏoⵜ ⵙⵎⴰⵔⵜ ⴻⵏoⵓⴳⵀ ⵜo ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵔⵉⴳⵀⵜ ⴼⵔoⵎ ⵡⵔoⵏⴳ. ⵔⴻpⵍⵉⵛⴰⵜⵉⵏⴳ ⵎⴻⵏⴷⴻ ⵉⵙ ⵎoⵔⴻ ⵜⵀⴰⵏ ⵊⵓⵙⵜ ⵜⵔⴰⵏⵙⵍⴰⵜⵉⵏⴳ ⵉⵜⵙ ⴰⴱoⵓⵜ ⴼⴻⴻⵍⵉⵏⴳ. ⵢoⵓ'ⴷ ⵏⴻⵠⴻⵔ ⵓⵏⴷⴻⵔⵙⵜⴰⵏⴷ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ. ⵙo ⵀoⵡ ⴰⴱoⵓⵜ ⵢoⵓ ⵊⵓⵙⵜ ⵙⵜⵉⵛⴽ ⵜo ⵡⵀⴰⵜ ⵢoⵓ ⴽⵏoⵡ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵙⵜⴰⵢ oⵓⵜ oⴼ oⵓⵔ ⵛoⵏⵠⴻⵔⵙⴰⵜⵉoⵏⵙ.

Once the Angel had finished its spiel, it floated back to Kit's shoulder but was now standing up straight. It had no beef with Katsumi but whatever it was that was inhabiting her body was no friend of her's. Kitsuki gave Zizz a disapproving look but didn't speak on the subject further. The long of the conversation would go over Kat's head unless Rei chose to translate for her anyways. It was like playing a game of psychic telephone, unfortunately, now was not the time for games and it certainly wasn't the time for bickering. When Katsumi expressed her concern about Kit's suspicions, the Princess had no choice but to relent. She could not force this issue now and if Kat trusted Rei then she'd have no choice but to extend the same trust. Zizz wouldn't be happy about it and given how she had turned about to be right about Arisu, Kit would be inclined to agree with her perspective. However, she wouldn't show Rei the same degree of disrespect.

Not now Zizz. We can't afford to in-fight at a time like this. If this Rei is willing to help then we need to accept it. You know that.
    ⴼⵉⵏⴻ. ⴱⵓⵜ ⵉ'ⵎ ⵙⵡⵉⵜⵛⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵜo ⵙⴻⵛoⵏⴷⴰⵔⵢ ⵛoⵎⵎⵙ. ⵉ ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⵡⴰⵏⵜ ⵉⵜ ⵍⵉⵙⵜⴻⵏⵉⵏⴳ ⵉⵏ oⵏ oⵓⵔ ⵛoⵏⵠⴻⵔⵙⴰⵜⵉoⵏⵙ.
    Understood. For now, please inform my soldiers that I've handled the situation on the island and am heading to the Heavenly Emporium. Explain the crisis to Capt. Miyato and instruct him to immediately put the city on red alert.

The Angel nodded and zipped away at the speed of light. Capt. Miyato was their designated liaison in case anything were to happen. The Angel would be able to speak with him and only him due to his high intellect. Zizz would return to her perch on Kit's shoulder after spending about a minute or so with the ANBU at the boat.

When Kat spoke directly to her, Kit matched her sister's mismatched eyes. Her own were still glowing a stunning auric. Katsumi made it clear that the two were as close as she was with Zizz. This was not a parasite invading her body and mind. This was not an enemy that she wanted removed. It was her partner and there was nothing that Kit nor Zizz could do to remedy that for the time being.

"If Rei is an ally of yours...then he's an ally of ours" Kit gave added emphasis on the final word and raised an eyebrow to her guardian angel whom shrugged in response. The entity requested to be carried in its "slimeball form" for ease of transportation.

"Well then. With that settled...saddle up sis!" Kitsuki would keep her right hand outstretched so as to hold the goop that her beloved sibling would turn into. Her left would hold her trusty cane. Kit tried not to make a face as Katsumi melted and turned into a thick jello. The substance was viscous allowing her to retain a decent grip on it. Once Kat-Rei was comfortably in Kit's hands, she rose several hundred meters into the air and took off through the sky at top speed. A muffled boom could be heard as her flight suit kicked into high gear. The vents exploded with yellow energy and the temporal blades on the wings hummed as the pair made their way to the floating city. Kitsuki was weirded out by the fact that she was holding this blob that was once her sister. Part of her was afraid of dropping them but she had a feeling that this fear was unfounded.  Their ability to transform into a gelatinous state probably made them impervious to high impact collisions. She'd listen to any briefing that Rei felt inclined to give and she'd occasionally share information about the Heavenly Emporium, but for the most part her mind was focused on the well-being of the city's founder.

Okane...I hope you're okay.

Used: Armed, Quantum Meruit flight 1 Post

[Exit to the Heavenly Emporium]

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:54 am

Katsumi smiled once more at the statement that Kitsuke gave, knowing full well that the pair would be able to work together harmoniously without issue.  Their entities, however were a different story, and she didn’t even blink as Zizz flew in front of her right eye, and directed something at Rei specifically.  Deciding that this was as good a time as any to retort, Rei did so, but in the Angel’s own language.

ⵔⵉⴳⵀⵜ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵡⵔoⵏⴳ, ⴳooⴷ ⴰⵏⴷ ⴻⵠⵉⵍ.  ⵉⵜ ⵉⵙ ⴰ ⵎⴰⵜⵜⴻⵔ oⴼ pⴻⵔⵙpⴻⵛⵜⵉⵠⴻ.  ⵜⵀⴻ ⵡⴰⵢ ⵙoⵎⴻoⵏⴻ ⵉⵙ ⵔⴰⵉⵙⴻⴷ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵎⴻⵏⵜoⵔⴻⴷ ⵡⵀⴻⵏ ⵜⵀⴻⵢ ⴰⵔⴻ ⵢoⵓⵏⴳ.  ⴱⴻⴼoⵔⴻ ⴽⴰⵜⵙⵓⵎⵉ ⴱⴻⵛⴰⵎⴻ ⵎⵢ ⵀoⵙⵜ, ⵉ ⵍⵉⵠⴻⴷ ⴼoⵔ ⵜⵀⵔⴻⴻ ⵛⴻⵏⵜⵓⵔⵉⴻⵙ ⵡⵉⵜⵀoⵓⵜ ⴳⵓⵉⴷⴰⵏⵛⴻ.  ⴱⴻⴼoⵔⴻ ⵢoⵓ pⴰⵙⵙ ⵊⵓⴷⴳⴻⵎⴻⵏⵜ oⵏ ⵙoⵎⴻoⵏⴻ, ⵛoⵏⵙⵉⴷⴻⵔ ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⵀⵉⵙⵜoⵔⵢ, ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⵉⵏⵜⴻⵏⵜ, ⴰⵏⴷ ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⴰⴱⵉⵍⵉⵜⵢ ⵜo ⵎoⵠⴻ ⴼoⵔⵡⴰⵔⴷ.  ⴱⵓⵜ ⴰⵙ ⵢoⵓ ⵡⵉⵙⵀ, ⵉ ⵡⵉⵍⵍ ⵏo ⵍoⵏⴳⴻⵔ ⵛoⵎⵎⵓⵏⵉⵛⴰⵜⴻ ⵡⵉⵜⵀ ⵢoⵓ ⵡⵉⵜⵀoⵓⵜ ⴱⴻⵉⵏⴳ ⴰⴷⴷⵔⴻⵙⵙⴻⴷ ⴼⵉⵔⵙⵜ.  ⵉ ⵓⵏⴷⴻⵔⵙⵜⴰⵏⴷ ⵎoⵔⴻ ⵜⵀⴰⵏ ⵢoⵓ ⴽⵏoⵡ.

Katsumi, who didn’t understand anything that was being said between them, sent a silent and mental query towards Rei, and despite not being able to understand the words, could detect the ever so slight presence of irritation in the entities tone.

Making friends already?
    Highly doubtful.  The Angel is very quick to judge someone from their past and--
    Sarcasm, Rei…
    Ah.  I overlooked that this time in favor of you being serious.  For once.
    Hey don’t get smart with me just because you and Zizz had a little tiff.  You two can sort that shit out later.  We have work to do.
    I doubt there will be anything to sort out.  I was essentially told that I was evil and to butt out of their conversations, which I can now understand.  It requires a high degree of intellect, something that you lack.
    Hey!
    I mean no disrespect, and you know it.  We all have our strengths.
    Doesn’t mean I like hearin’ about my flaws.
    Then work to correct them, and I will no longer have a leg to stand on, so to speak.
    I was about to say… but I don’t think I’ll ever be an egghead, honestly.
    You will live long enough that your wisdom will compensate.
    Oh yea… ageless shit.  Forgot abou--
    You did not.  You have an Eidetic Memory granted to you through our union.
    Well it’s a lot of shit to keep track of, regardless if I remember or not.  We just said I was dumb, didn’t we?!
    Incorrect.  Dumb would imply you have the inability to learn.  You are quite intelligent compared to the average human, but simply sub-par when compared to your sister or myself.
    Yea yea keep rubbin’ it in why don’tcha?
    That is not my intent.
    I know I know.  But for the moment, let’s focus on what we can do about the problem we are about to charge headlong into without a scrap of intel?
    Quite.  There is much to analyze and discover for us to be successful in any form.

There was a bit of mental conversation between Zizz and Kitsuke, and then the little being flashed away much faster than she could track.  Within a few moments, she was back, and while Rei was still a bit agitated, it was also astounded that it was capable of moving at such speeds.  Katsumi, on the other hand, heard Kitsuke’s words and nodded quietly, thankful that the little sister was going to not fight the fact that Rei was now their ally.  Any smaller qualms and whatnot could be ironed out later, as well as any concerns anyone had about it.  The way she emphasized ‘ours’ and eyeballed Zizz made Katsumi once more consult the entity in her mindscape.

She’s trying at least, so for the moment, truce with the damn angel, alright?
    I will agree to temporarily hold my tongue, but I will remember if the insults continue and address them later.
    That’s fair enough.  But if we gotta work together, sideline that crap and let’s get it done.
    Agreed.

She was told then to ‘Saddle Up’ and without hesitation leaped towards her younger sister, transforming mid-air into the beachball sized slime.  In an effort to help with Kitsuke’s grip and to basically be able to use her own strength to hold on as well, she all but absorbed the smaller woman’s hands into it’s body and made the core of it a little more solid for the younger Kurahasa to hold onto, but this was far more secure than anything that they could accomplish alone.   She would find with their combined strength no matter how fast they traveled, she was relatively easy to carry, which was something in itself.  No matter what form she was in, normally she was roughly 200 pounds, and even malnourished as she was, she was still pretty close to that weight, and Kitsuke was able to carry her as though she was filled with air instead of highly condensed jello.

After rising into the air, they launched towards the chaos that was unfolding in the floating landmass at speeds that were much higher than Katsumi’s expectations, although Rei had already analyzed the output while Kitsuke was simply hovering and expected something of that nature.  The conversation then shifted pretty rapidly, as Rei began to explain anything it could regarding the creature that they were on the way to deal with that was attacking the Heavenly Emporium, talking about odds and probability, and asking a slew of questions about what the Heavenly Emporium was and anything that was openly known about it that could be condensed into their relatively short travel time.  At these speeds, it wouldn’t take long at all before they would be at their target.

Rei would note that there was something that it could sense from the creature as they grew close, asking to be simply dropped when they got to the target.  Not only could it survive the impact of falling from a height, but it could also simply stretch out it’s body and become essentially a living parachute, allowing them to drop safely from any height.  The possibilities were honestly endless.  They still couldn’t perform very well when trying to shapeshift in combat, but that would come with time and training.  There were promises made from the older sister to find her when they finished their part, to link up with her so that they had a proper ride away from this thing, win or lose.  Katsumi and Rei were, if nothing else, survivors, and regardless if they got beaten, they would not be killed by this thing.

Rei simply wanted to know if it could eat the thing one bite at a time, and what it might taste like.  It positively oozed with Chakra, but as they grew closer, the realization that it was considerably technological instead of organic made that decision a little bit harder.  Sure, it could gain chakra from it, but it wouldn’t be able to convert non-organic material into something that would satiate the endless hunger that consumed Rei.  Katsumi knew that the shark had been but the start; they would hopefully find something here to eat, as the enemies of humanity had openly been declared as fair game.

[4]
    [EXIT]
    WC: 1308
    TWC: 8003

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm