Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Stables

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

The Stables Empty The Stables

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Kitsuki sighed as she brushed the hair off the pony she had bought some weeks earlier. The cute little mare had blonde hair, a fine brown coat, and its lineage was the stuff of legends. Its mother was a Royal riding horse and its father was a five time racing champion. It was a purebred through and through. The pony had cost Kitsuki quite the pretty penny, but she knew it'd be worth it in the end. In her unrelenting quest to turn Lily into a proper Princess and Lady of High Society, Kit realized she'd need to cultivate some new hobbies for the orphan. The Pit Child was so obsessed with knife making, cutting with knives, and hiding knives that Kit was worried she'd remain a pit child for the rest of her days. There was a time and place for violence but she was wary of letting weaponry dominate Lily's personality. She figured that if she introduced some feminine past-times into Lily's life and made them fun, then perhaps she could raise her to be a more well-adjusted shinobi.

After all, the new Kiri was not to be a place where little girls ran around stabbing things. Kit had bought the pony and kept it in the stables waiting for just the right time to surprise her ward. That time never came. While Kit had been taking Lily's measurements for a new set of clothes, the child had suddenly collapsed. The doctors said it was plague and though Lily appeared to be recovering, that incident apparently had a profound effect on her outlook on life. Lily quit being a shinobi altogether and went off elsewhere. Kit wanted to stop her, but she was powerless to do so. There were some things that you just couldn't prevent, no matter how powerful or influential you were. Kit swallowed her tears as she finished grooming the majestic beast. She petted its coat a bit as she reflected on how much she wanted to teach the orphan of Vandal. So many lessons, adventures, and plans that would forever go unfulfilled. It hurt but Kit knew better than to cry. It wouldn't bring her ward back and she couldn't afford to look weak. The Princesses were firmly in control but the competition between them was getting fierce and if she made the wrong move, she could find herself at a political disadvantage.

Zizz, Kitsuki's tiny Angel, was nestled in her hair. The being was about as small as a hairpin but Kit could still communicate with her just fine.

ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻ ⵙⴰⴷ ⴽⵉⵜ...ⴻⵠⴻⵔⵢⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵀⴰppⴻⵏⵙ ⴼoⵔ ⴰ ⵔⴻⴰⵙoⵏ
    I know Zizz...that doesn't make it any easier...

Kitsuki walked out of the stables and headed towards the open fields. The equestrian facility was a recent addition to the village. It was all a part of her campaign to turn the Mist Village into a metropolis that wasn't centered around death and dismemberment. The people on these Isles weren't savages and it was time that they had a military capitol that reflected that. The facility had wide open fields, stables filled with horses from all over the world, and even a recreational park where pedestrians could walk through and admire the scenery. Kitsuki was now traveling across the grazing field and making her way towards the park. It was a cold grey afternoon and there was fresh rain on the field. Kitsuki was wearing a rider's outfit complete with boots and a crop that hung from her her waist. She had intended to go riding this afternoon but after remembering Lily, she didn't really have the energy for it.

As she walked along the park's trail, she saw someone nearby.

ⵢoⵓ ⵙⵀoⵓⵍⴷ ⴳo ⵜⴰⵍⴽ ⵜo ⵀⴻⵔ....ⵉ ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵢoⵓ ⵓⵙⴻⴷ ⵜo ⴱⴻ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵙⵉⵍⴻⵏⵜ ⵜⵢpⴻ ⴽⵉⵜ ⴱⵓⵜ ⵉ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴽ ⵉⵜ ⵡoⵓⵍⴷ ⵔⴻⴰⵍⵍⵢ ⵀⴻⵍp ⵢoⵓ The guardian Angel was advising Kitsuki to speak to the stranger and while she was apprehensive at first, Kitsuki saw no reason not to. Even if it didn't make her feel better, she could at least see how the denizens of the village were enjoying the new park.

The Stables Empty Re: The Stables

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Miaka was fairly worn out. Her usual long morning training had just about exhausted her. She normally attempted a walk and light jog combo but the cold morning and gray skies made her sweat cling to her clothing and dry between layers, chilling her down to the bone. She refused to portray an image of a weak sickly woman in public, as long as she could help it, simply moving into the park at a slow leisurely pace. Her long pink hair was pulled into dual braids that swung over her shoulders and down past her chest. Her pale face was pink from the cold and her fatigue. She started to feel a bit dizzy then and new she had pushed herself too far. Urging her body to do a jog the whole way was a lot to accomplish and perhaps she hadn't drunk as much water as she should have. The woman lifted her head, keeping her composure as steady as she could. Her magenta eyes spotted nobody else around except for another woman in a riding outfit. Miaka didn't recognize her, but as she was heading her way, Miaka wasn't about to give in and look at all hindered.

She glanced quickly around, looking for nearby benches where she might sit down after this other lady passed her by. A place where she could sit and eat and drink and regain full bodily control. Being weak even compared to other Takoyami was unfortunate but after the experiences she had early in her life at Kirigakure, Miaka used her mantra to center her breathing: Don't Show Weakness. Don't Show Weakness. Predators went after those with weakness. She didn't climb all the way up the ladder to jounin and endure all the pain and mockery to give any person, civilian or shinobi a reason to doubt her abilities now.

The pink haired woman might have been 24, but she looked closer to 19 or 20 in age because of her weakened immune system and body. She took a power stance, not aggressive but confident, and gave the female approaching her a little wave and a big grin.
    "Good afternoon, I hope the weather hasn't dampened your mood!" She rested her hands on her hips solidly, at the place where her loose cotton pants started. Miaka was wearing heather gray pants, loose and light weight, but warm, and black hiking style boots with hidden supports (it was the best for her training and missions to wear practical foot wear she couldn't injure herself in). Her top consisted of a white tank top and a fitted black zip up hooded sweatshirt, styled so the zipper rested just under her chest. She had practiced enough with faking physical ability that she hoped this woman couldn't detect the truth.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:41 pm

When Kitsuki got closer to the pink haired Jounin, she noticed how exhausted the young woman appeared. Clearly this one had been training relentlessly. She didn't recognize Miaka but the pink hair reminded her of someone else that she knew. When the Jounin addressed her directly, Kitsuki smiled despite her sadness and replied: "Good afternoon to you as well. My mood could be better but I can't blame the weather on that" she shrugged and grinned as if to say 'Eh what can you do?' Not wanting to spoil the hardworking shinobi's day with her problems, Kitsuki gave a polite bow to the woman and gestured to the surrounding park.

"I see your making use of the new recreational park..." she looked at how tired the stranger was. Kit didn't believe her to be physically infirm. Miaka had done a good job masking whatever weakness she experienced. As far as Kit could tell, this was just another shinobi pushing themselves to their absolute limit. "What do you think?" Kit was curious to see how other ninja liked the changes she was implementing. Kit's goal was to improve the aesthetics of the village while retaining its commitment to national defense. In order to do that, she needed the honest opinion of the shinobi who lived here.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Miaka gave the woman a polite nod as she paused to converse. Then her eyes widened slightly. She recognized the face before her, one of the leaders of Kirigakure. She blinked for a moment, careful to listen to the lady's words but she couldn't help but have a train of thought go off the rails in her mind. Did the leaders of nations really just wander about the village so? Not that she was incapable, but where were her guards, her entourage? Miaka's magenta eyes shifted to some nearby trees and back, wondering if she would even be able to spot an ANBU protector if one were around. The idea that she might meet one of the leaders in such an informal capacity had never occurred to the young jounin woman. She considered her stance and noted most might think it relaxed, flippant. She took a breath and braced her legs, moving her arms to hang at her sides in a more military pose, denoting respect. The leader appeared to be interested in how the park was being received by the general public and the shinobi. Miaka wasn't convinced she was an adequate representative for either but she wouldn't leave the question hanging so rudely.

"I admire and use the park regularly,"
    She answered. "I must confess I don't usually see others here because I attend so early on most days, Lady." Miaka looked about and then gestured with a hand, "I have seen changes in the rest of the village structure as well. It looks well. I don't see the harm in having comforts and aesthetics if it improves the mental state of the people. What else is worth protecting otherwise?" Miaka felt a shift in her posture slightly. She really had pushed herself too hard again. Miaka didn't want to pass out here in front of the leader and she hoped her will alone would endure just long enough. The pink haired woman gave a bow, "Lady Kitsuki can I be of any more help to you? I disdain a sour mood if I can help with it."
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:02 pm

Kit could tell that Miaka was very tired. The shifting around, the sluggish way she moved, they were all tell tale signs of exhaustion. When compounded with the inherent fluster that came with meeting a world leader, Kitsuki knew she'd need to be gentle in this interaction. Miaka said that she enjoyed the park which was good although she used it earlier than most. Early to bed and early to rise was the hallmark of a well disciplined shinobi albeit one with not too many responsibilities. Kitsuki didn't have the luxury of early evenings anymore.

When Miaka asked if there was anything she could do to improve Kit's mood, the Princess smiled and shook her head.

"I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the changes we've made....but unfortunately the problem I have is not something anyone can solve. I didn't want to interrupt your training but if you could spare a moment to walk with me, it'd mean a lot."

Kitsuki would purposefully walk slower than she normally would. She wanted to give Miaka a chance to catch her breath and she wanted to get to know this pink haired kunoichi some more. It was awfully lonely at the top and she was so isolated from so many of her subordinates that she hardly got the chance to get to know them. How could she fight for a people that she barely knew? Miaka was just one person but she had to start somewhere. It was especially nice that her first "interview" on the new Kirigakure was someone who appreciated aesthetic taste and its impact on morale.

"Tell me about yourself...starting with your name of course" she flashed a friendly smile. She hoped that this stranger wouldn't be too formal although judging from her responses, she was already heading down that track.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Miaka nodded slightly as she listened to the leader. In her head, she was thinking, practically shouting at herself. Don't do it! You're smarter than this! If you don't sit down and eat, you are going to pass out! And even if you don't pass out, dealing with the dehydration and low blood sugar is going to fatigue you for at least another day. The pink haired jounin weighed her options and decided to ignore her smarter self for now. If she walked slow, or maybe ate while she walked then she would handle the situation just fine. It made sense to risk it instead of losing face or turning down the princess before her now. Miaka still felt the need to push herself harder than usual, especially since accepting the Commander's proposal, but that didn't mean she could shirk her regular duties. She would just have to sleep the rest of the morning away and do paperwork in the afternoon before bedtime. She was certain she could manage and prioritize for just one day.

"Happy to join you. I hope you don't find it rude if I eat while we walk. If I don't, I might have consequences to face,"
    Miaka said in a tone of apology. She slid her rucksack off her back and pulled out a container of water. She took a long draw of the water, feeling it refresh her, like how a plant might feel on a dry summer's day. Then she plucked out a clump of grapes to nibble upon. Returning her bag to her shoulder, she gave a gesture and said, "I am ready now." Miaka walked beside the leader, still wary of the many eyes which must have been upon her in the intent to keep Lady Kitsuki safe. When the lady asked for her private information, the young woman tensed somewhat. She was trying to cut out her entire life, as if she didn't exist before becoming a jounin in Kirigakure. The rest of her life was too meaningful, and too painful to want to keep around. She didn't know what it was with the leaders and commanders of Kirigakure wanting to know about her, but Miaka had practice with avoiding questions like these.

"Yes, Ma'am. I am Miaka Takoyami, a jounin to our village and a recent administrative assistant to Lord Sero. I am efficient with my suiton ninjutsu and consider my intelligence to be one of my strongest skills."
    As a soldier to its commander, she gave an impersonal but truthful answer to the Lady's question. She was friendly in face and tone of voice but it might have been clear to a perceptive person that she carried guilt or shame in some capacity. It wasn't a hidden secret that the Takoyami were mostly merchants and resource gatherers, a small subset family of the Hozuki that lived outside the capitol. Some might say she had the typical small town girl moves to the big city tale- but those who knew anything of the Takoyami would know they hadn't produced any shinobi in many years. Miaka was an oddity in that department.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Kitsuki was delighted to hear that the stranger would walk with her. She asked if she could eat while they walked and Kit was perfectly fine with that. Ordinarily it might be considered "rude" but Kit was the one imposing on this young woman's training, so they were on Miaka's sense of etiquette and not Kit's. "By all means! Snack at will soldier" She smiled and gestured with her hand indicating that Miaka had the right of snacc. The bit about having to "face the consequences" if she didn't eat was somewhat troubling but she chalked it up to the pinky's strict diet and training regimen. If you wanted the optimal shinobi body, then you had to eat, train, and rest like a champ. She knew that from first-hand experience.

Once Miaka had executed her snacc attack, Kit would nod and begin walking down the park's path. Kit sensed a bit of hesitation when she asked for the pinky's name but she chalked that up to nervousness. Kitsuki's status and reputation was intimidating to most shinobi and so she was used to it by now. The stranger's name was Miaka Takoyami, a surname that she did not recognize. This led her to believe it was just a generic family name as opposed to a noble clan. The next bit of information caused Kitsuki to stop walking in her tracks.

A cold shudder rolled up her spine and she stared at Miaka as though she had just grown a second head. What she said next sounded like a distant echo compared to the information that was being processed. Kitsuki swallowed and her entire demeanor shifted. She had gone from being warm, friendly, and inquistive to being deeply disturbed.

Administrative Assistant to Sero?! THE SERO?! How could someone so pleasant and nice be an assistant to someone like that?!

Kitsuki had heard that Sero had taken over the Kaguya and Hozuki Clans. It was something she had been meaning to deal with recently. He was accumulating power and he was probably doing it with Sayuri's help. She was running out of options and her plan to contain his influence was unraveling faster than she could execute it. At this rate, he'd be untouchable. Kitsuki looked at Miaka as though she had gone from potential friend to potential foe. She spoke her next words carefully.

"I'm sorry....could you please repeat that? Did you say you were administrative assistant to....?" She didn't say his name. If she had not misheard, she wanted it to come from the pinky's lips for a second time.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Miaka swallowed hard and stopped walking. She didn't much like the way the woman was staring her down; the look was almost as bad as Sero's strange presence. Only, with the look, Miaka could feel it was intentional. She would not show weakness, of course, but the young jounin instead put a face of strength on to mask her uncertainty. Maybe this woman was not the leader, and only impersonating Kitsuki. Miaka could kick herself for giving information about her skills and rank now. What idiot shinobi just freely gives up that information? And the way this person stared down at her made her feel even more foolish. Miaka Takoyami realized she had made a mistake then and if this person was one of the leaders and not an impersonator, she could at least take comfort in knowing that she had not endangered Kirigakure by so freely telling her abilities and rank and name. There was no fixing it either way and the pink haired woman set her jaw, her magenta eyes narrowing.

"Yes, Ma'am. This morning I met with Lord Sero and I believe arrangements are being made to make it official. Tomorrow, we have plans also." Miaka replied and then closed her eyes briefly. Of course, after her exhausting training and meeting this morning she would come back to a dangerous situation. Miaka started to feel the shame and guilt building up seriously now; there was nothing worse than being an unprepared shinobi. She had no weapons on her but she was armed with two newly learned techniques. She gathered her chakra up in her stomach, subtly preparing an attack. "I hope you forgive me but I have no proof that you are Lady Kitsuki. Dressed plainly without guards, extrapolating information from me, and I must say your hostility at my response isn't anything like I would expect from a leader. Can you prove to me that you are she, or must I take you in for arrest?" Miaka's smiling face had changed into a professional one, her expression police like and her stance ready. If the woman tried to run or attack, Miaka was already set with a technique in mind. Real proof might be hard to come by and threatening the actual Lady might have consequences but the jounin didn't care. A kage impersonator was a deadly problem inside of Kirigakure's walls and she would not let it go so easily.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:29 am

Kitsuki's sudden expression of suspicion engendered a similar reaction from her subordinate. The entire energy of the interaction shifted as the two kunoichi found themselves locked in an intense standoff. She repeated the Devil's name and confirmed that she would in fact be serving as Sero's administrative assistant. Kit swallowed and instinctually clenched her fist. This was either some kind of staged encounter or Kit really did have the worst luck in the world. Her allies were dwindling while the darker side of the village grew stronger. What was an Angel to do? Kitsuki looked away and off into the distance as she tried to navigate this startling revelation. Miaka didn't seem to be a bad person. Maybe she was just a Jounin seeking to ingratiate herself with an up and coming power-broker? What pinky said next, however, threw her for a loop.

What?! Is she serious?! Am I dreaming?
    ⵏopⴻ. ⴷⴻⴼⵉⵏⵉⵜⴻⵍⵢ ⵏoⵜ ⴷⵔⴻⴰⵎⵉⵏⴳ.

Miaka was accusing her of being an impersonator. Kitsuki turned her gaze back to Sero's newly minted assistant. Did this Takoyami really believe she wasn't who she said she was? It raised an interesting philosophical question. In a world where transforming your appearance was one of the most basic techniques taught to every academy student, how could you be certain that at any given time you weren't speaking to an impersonator? Although to be fair, impersonating a world leader was a pretty big risk to take, especially when your objective was to gather information on an un-heard of Jounin. The contrived scenario was so bizarre that Kit couldn't help but smile thinking that she was being punked, trolled, or whatever the kids were calling it these days.

"I beg your pardon....are you seriously accusing me of being an imposter?"

Ordinarily, Kitsuki might have laughed and given a more cheeky response. She might have even played along and allowed Miaka to arrest her just for the fun of it. Anything to lighten her otherwise dreary day. But now that she knew who the pinky worked for, she was in no laughing mood. If Miaka confirmed her accusation, Kitsuki would give a simple nod.

"Well. This is a first. I'm not obligated to prove my identity to you and I'm inclined to write you up for insubordination and/or incompetence. Either you are deliberately insulting me or you cannot discern when your Princess is standing before you."

Just as Miaka had reverted to a more professional and stern demeanor, Kit would do the same. The only difference was that Kit had academic training in being stern and unyielding.

Did Sero put her up to this? Surely she knows how silly this all is?
    ⵡⴻⵍⵍ ⵡⴻ ⵛⴰⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻⴰⵜ ⵜⵀⴻ pooⵔ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵓp. ⵡⴻ'ⴷ ⵍooⴽ ⵍⵉⴽⴻ ⴱⵓⵍⵍⵉⴻⵙ.
    Exactly. Which is why I'm going to call her bluff.

"I'm going to give you until the count of ten to apologize. One....Two....Three...."

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:31 pm

As the supposed Lady Kitsuki stared her down with an intensity surely meant to intimidate her with an authority that was either true and offended or false and arrogant, Miaka noticed that her hands clenched. Was it really so uncommon to be asked for proof of identity in the field of shinobi where trust wore especially thin? Suspicion and paranoia were often the tools that guided a ninja's gut reaction and mistake or not, it was never an instinct that the jounin had thought wise to ignore. If she sensed hostility, if she sensed that something was amiss, there was a high likeliness that something indeed was. It was still possible of course that this was the real leader but the question of disbelief from this Lady didn't settle Miaka's gut.

Of course, the real Lady Kitsuki, a leader, would understand why a jounin now promoted to assistant of Sero, would want proof. Of course, she might be annoyed or angry, but at the end of the day, shouldn't she also be proud of thorough suspicion of one of her own shinobi? Miaka would fight for her and the village's safety and it was that drive that prompted the question in the first place. Miaka's magenta eyes glanced back at the tensed grip of the lady before her and answered,
    "Yes. I am asking." The rejoinder made the pink haired jounin's heart sink. It was not at all satisfactory. It was either the pompous response of an offended Lady, and Miaka had always assumed the leaders of Kirigakure were more down to earth and reliable than that, or it was an act by a spy who had made the opposing assumption that this leader would answer like rich royalty.

The 24 year old was silent maybe a few moments too long, but the second that Kitsuki began to count down she pursed her lips into a tight thin line. Threatening to write her up? To whom? What kind of punishment would that even entail? And for insubordination? Would the leaders be happier to let spies run amok and gather information about Kirigakure's forces? Somewhere a person just had to bend a little and this... so called Princess was counting down... like she was a servant or a child. Miaka wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but a ball of anger grew in her chest and forced her to take a deep breath. Her fingers pressed into the seal of the ram, thinking she was already halfway done the technique she had in mind. She did it in front of her, not trying to hide her intentions, hoping this woman would take her as seriously as she was and would stop the insulting count down.

Miaka felt her chakra gathering in her throat and her voice came out a tad deeper than her friendly greeting tone. She interrupted the Lady's count at five and said firmly,
    "I also cannot ask again. Under the threat of a paper, I must do what is right. Give me proof or I will place you under arrest." Still, Miaka saw now guards and it only strengthened her resolve in believing this to be an impostor.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Miaka was standing her ground. She was seriously questioning Kitsuki's identity. The Princess, who had made an effort to be amicable, was now visibly angry. She wasn't sure if this was some sick game on Sero's part but whatever the case may be, she wasn't going to produce paperwork for a Jounin she just met. She had worked too hard and done too much to get to the state she was in now. If Miaka couldn't tell a fake from the real McCoy then that was a lesson she'd have to learn the hard way. It was incumbent on her to wield her suspicion judiciously and she failed to do that then the consequences would be her own. Kitsuki continued her dramatic countdown as Miaka formed a handseal. Is this girl serious?. The fact that she was ready to go to war over her accusation was both admirable and stupid. If Kit really was an imposter there was no way pinky could know what she was capable of. Starting a fight right here and now with no backup was a bad move and one that would go in the inevitable report of this encounter. Kitsuki ignored Miaka's threat and continued counting.

"Four.....Five.....Six......Seven....."

Their wills were unbreakable. Unfortunately, this impasse would not last forever. Miaka had three seconds to avert disaster. The two were on a collision course and one of them had to yield. It wasn't going to be Kitsuki Kurahasa.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Miaka didn't have time for this. She had eaten just a few grapes and had a swallow of water. It would have been enough to sustain her for a short talk or walk, but a confrontation with an imposter? The jounin wanted to kick herself for pushing her training so hard, for going through the motions of learning two new jutsu by Sero's hand, and having sustained too much energy use by trying to keep her cool around him. The commander's aura had made her heart race faster and she had fought to stay near him, unafraid, during their meeting. Now she was paying the toll, and a few grapes just wasn't enough capital. She took an angry breath in as the Lady continued her count down. Miaka wanted to believe the woman before her, the Lady's rage palpable in the short range between them. But where were her guards? Where were the elites who should have been watching her back? Miaka had already started hand signs and there was no way a shinobi of that status would have allowed her to get that far. Her gut twisted in chagrin. There was no way out of it now.

"By Kirigakure law, your refusal to identify yourself has given me the right to arrest you, pretender. I don't know why you have chosen to take the face of our Lady and parade yourself around asking for information from me and who knows how many others, but once you're in custody, they will find out." Miaka finished her seal one handed and at her side, the tiger, and released the technique from her lips. The syrup-water was aimed first around the woman's feet, ensuring she could not run, and then directed upwards to coat the woman's body. Miaka's goal was to prevent her escape and capture her without undue harm by trapping her like a bug in amber. She had used it before and it was highly effective against criminals. Sweat beaded at her forehead and around her neck. The jounin braced her feet sturdily trying to keep her focus, but her stomach twisted harder and she felt remarkably dizzy. She needed to really eat and drink something or she was going to pass out. Miaka's jaw quivered from the effort as she clenched her teeth, forcing herself to stay attentive, but inside her body felt like a bowl of soup splashing about and threatening to spill on the floor. For a single second, her eyes glazed and her vision blurred and internally she called herself an idiot. Again.

Jutsu used:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:35 am

Kitsuki watched stone-faced as pinky stayed her course. It appeared she'd reach ten without Miaka apologizing for her insult which would leave Kit in a very awkward position. The Princess's intention was to call the Hozuki's bluff and force her to apologize for testing her. Unfortunately, Miaka actually thought she was uncovering a sinister infiltration plot which meant that she was going to risk it all to arrest her. Kit would be forced to either slap her subordinate around and neutralize the threat, or even worse, prove her identity to this agent of Sero. Both options had their downsides but in the next three seconds Kit would be forced to choose. If she issued physical correction to de-escalate the situation, then the Jounin might never trust her again even if she was who she said she was. Additionally, given her history, this was the exact headline that she was desperate to avoid. There were so many in Kiri who considered her a cold-blooded trigger happy murderer. She was fighting that perception with every fiber of her being. Attacking pinky would set her back months if not years. However, if she complied with Miaka and produced identification, then she'd probably lose the woman's respect. If this was an elaborate test by her political rivals then backing down was not an option. They'd take this as a sign of weakness and continue to push the envelope until she'd be unable to stop them through non-violent methods.

The two unpleasant choices caused Kitsuki to hesitate for a moment and in that split second, Miaka had decided for her. "Eight....Nine....T-" Before she could finish, Miaka announced her plans to arrest Kit and then followed it with the ejection of some kind of viscous fluid. Kitsuki wasn't sure what the technique was, but it looked gross. She wasn't really in the mood to let her new rider's outfit get soiled so she deftly avoided the stream by strafing to the left. Kit wasn't particularly fast, but then again, neither was the jutsu launched her way. The kunoichi's boots were interlaid with a special grip that increased her speed allowing her to avoid the technique and navigate directly towards the Takoyami. Is this girl insane? I can't believe she is actually attacking me! Who does she think she is?! And who the hell are 'they'? Kitsuki closed the gap between the two and brought her fist up with lightning quick reflexes. Zizz poured a significant dose of Grace into her body and the Princess's muscles were flooded with Angelic energy. Kit's eyes glowed golden for a split second as she made eye contact with her opponent. She could tell that Miaka was frail. The girl looked faint and judging from how she behaved during their initial meeting, she wasn't an especially hardy Jounin. I won't hurt her but she has to learn who she's dealing with....another kunoichi might not be as forgiving....

Once Kit had entered close quarters with Miaka, she raised her fist and shot it out towards the girl's face. The act was so fast that it'd be a blur. Kitsuki's fist would stop just shy of Miaka's nose. The constitutionally challenged kunochi would then feel what was likely the most devastating breeze she'd ever felt in her young life. Kitsuki's unmatched strength was tempered by her exquisite control. This allowed her to generate a gale force wind that would erupt all around the target without harming her. While Miaka's hair would probably go flying in all sorts of directions, the trees around them would bend to the point of almost breaking. It was as if the park that she had just bragged about minutes prior was being torn apart by some unnatural tornado. Even the omnipresent mist above them would swirl and clear as Kit's might reached the heavens. This astonishing display of strength served two purposes. The first was to make it abundantly clear to Miaka that Kitsuki was who she said she was. Most people knew that Princess Kitsuki prided herself on her indomitable strength and there were few to none who could pull off a feat such as this. The second was a warning. Not to Miaka but to Sero. If he had put the girl up to this, which was honestly doubtful given his style, then it was a message that he should back off. This seemed like the kind of thing Sayuri would pull and if she was behind this. then she'd hopefully realize that even a good-two shoes had limits to their patience.

Kitsuki would allow the full brunt of the wind to subside before she withdrew her fist, but not before performing a delicate two finger chop against Miaka's forehead. She could tell the girl was rather weak and so she had calculated each of her movements: from the feint punch to the two finger strike, to be as harmless as possible. Kitsuki stood up straight and looked the (hopefully) still conscious Jounin in the eye. She was now right in her face and it was time to give her a piece of her royal mind.

"Still think I'm a liar? If you do, then you're in a lot more trouble than just a formal write-up. The Princess Triumvirate can forgive a mistake but we can't forgive rank stupidity. I am Kitsuki Kurahasa and I'm NOT a pretender. I don't carry around guards with me because I don't need them. I'm the strongest kunoichi in this village by far and having a squad of shinobi follow me everywhere doesn't really project a lot of confidence, especially not in this country."

Kitsuki crossed her arms against her chest and gave a 'Hmph' as she looked the pinky up and down. "You are in no condition to arrest anyone. I'm glad that you feel so strongly about national security but if I actually wanted to hurt you, I could have done so. You don't ever attack an infiltrator so openly with no backup not in your exhausted state." Kitsuki wondered if Miaka had anything to say for herself. An apology? A plea for forgiveness? A waterfall of explanations and/or excuses? Whatever it was it better be good. Kitsuki was no longer in a "Princess-y" mood.

+10 Grace Gathered
    -5 Grace Used

Used: Tenshijutsu

Stats
    Strength: S -> X (Tenshijutsu)
    Constitution: S -> S++ (Tenshijutsu)
    Stamina: A
    Speed: C -> B (Evanescence)
    Coordination: C -> A (Tenshijutsu)
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:08 pm

Miaka Takoyami was no match for this woman's speed. The truth was that even at her peak, the jounin was nowhere this fast or this strong. Miaka had seen great power, even just this morning with Commander Sero. This woman before her was out of her league to say the least. The epic winds gusted around her, hurricane forces doubling trees over to almost a breaking point. Her long pink hair pulled away from her head and threatened to draw her into the chaos of the winds. Her brows furrowed ad she used all of her physical strength to stay in place. The winds clung to her sides making it unwise for her to gather up her hair or do anything else that was useful right now. The wind even boxed her ears with their strength, her head echoing with a storm's rapturous clamor. Miaka met the golden gaze with her own magenta orbs but it was no longer the stare of an officer or a soldier defending the law but the surrender of a woman who was grateful to not need to do more than a single jutsu right now.

"And so I have my proof, Lady," Miaka proclaimed with a soft and gentle tone, as if she were admitting only to being right in the first place with her wariness. This way was not a polite or forgiving situation, but she had gotten her answer all the same. She admired the woman for declaring that she needed no guards; had Miaka been leader, she too would have ushered away any who tried to play at her own protection when surely she was enough protection to care for herself in her own village. Flashing a simple identity card, giving her this explanation about guards in the first place, or showing off her power and ability, especially the impressive control of chakra in her technique were at the end of the day still proofs of her identity. As the winds eased up and the Lady took a step back to cross her arms, Miaka let out a breath which sounded more like a pathetic gasp. "I believe I have no need to inquire further, but it is still a curious situation."

She tried to take a step forward but her dizziness dropped her down onto one knee. Miaka coughed hard for a few moments, and then brushed the dust from her cotton pants nonchalantly. Miaka had no desire to admit to any weakness before the Lady, and especially if the Lady was the one to bring it up. Calling her out on her exhaustion was something she planned to completely ignore and not address, but the back up comment was one she felt she should respond to. She closed her eyes to recenter herself, the dizziness fading away in the darkness behind her lids.
    "I had no backup because neither do I need any for arresting a single infiltrator, considering this location. However, what tipped the scales to my concerns have been all but addressed by your reaction and your words. All but one that is..." The jounin stood up with her eyes still closed until the last moment, looking over at the Lady. She wouldn't mind being injured if the woman was a real perpetrator, if nothing more than to buy time if she could, and out the person's identity secondly. Nor would she mind if the Lady had actually injured her in her rage and reply, as that would have been proof of her identity anyhow. Her life was meaningless if not in the pursuit of protecting this land and its people. The jounin didn't really register this situation as a personal or professional offense, in any case.

She took a painful breath, annoyed at her body's fragile state and tried to look strong. She tried to lift a hand to casually gesture while asking her question,
    "Why the anger and hostility when I-" but Miaka collapsed then upon the ground. She couldn't speak for a moment as the air had abruptly left her lungs but she hoped the Lady was still angry enough to not bother assisting her. Miaka abhorred looking weak, even more when she felt the full weight of her own weakness. She would need bed rest and water for the rest of the day in order to do a mission in the morning. On the ground, she groaned and grunted, trying to at least turn a brave face up to see the leader. "Why, when I only mentioned Sero's name? Do you not work together? Does he not serve the village well? This..." her words died off. She could have said more but Miaka was far too tired now. She wanted to just close her eyes and sleep right here on the sunny pathway, regardless if what she really needed was a cool room, place to put her feet up, and time to heal from her own exertions. Miaka's magenta eyes were unfocused but she forced them to stay open. Don't. Show. Weakness.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue May 04, 2021 4:40 am

Miaka was helpless against Kitsuki's might. The pinky's reaction or lack thereof to the strike made Kit wonder why she had gone through the trouble of confronting a shinobi whose power level she could not ascertain nor match. It didn't make sense to the Princess, but she settled on two possibilities. Either this was an elaborate ruse planned by her nemesis or Miaka was one of those wide-eyed gutsy idealists. Maybe it was both. In either case, Kit was ticked that Miaka didn't even offer so much as an apology. If not for the accusation itself, at least for the fact that she had no ability to handle the situation if it were indeed a case of enemy infiltration. She was so winded by the encounter that she dropped to one knee and began panting. Kitsuki didn't break her look of disappointment even though she pitied the Jounin.

Clearly physical combat doesn't suit her...she must have some unique special skill if she's a Jounin.

Kitsuki's first instinct was to help her off the ground, but she decided against it. This was a supposedly elite shinobi of Kirigakure. If she stooped down to pick her up, it would only wound her pride. Besides, if she wasn't going to apologize then the least she can do is stand up on her own two feet and explain why. Kitsuki listened as Miaka insisted that she didn't need any help for arresting an infiltrator in the current setting. Kit shook her head in disbelief. It was a public park true, but that didn't mean a terrorist wouldn't hesitate to wipe Miaka out and attempt an escape. There really was no excuse for outing an infiltrator so haphazardly without the capacity to take them down. The Jounin's whole operation was sloppy from start to finish and if there was one thing this private school alumnus didn't care for it was sloppiness. When Miaka finally caught her breath and managed to get her feet out from under her, Kit expected they'd have a long discussion. Unfortunately, her accuser got a couple of words in before collapsing to the ground once more.

Oh for pete's sake....

Kitsuki's sense of mercy overrode her desire to look and sound like a hardass. It was a bad look for Kiri's Nin to be falling over every five seconds and it was even worse for them to remain on the ground while their leadership looked on. There was a fine line between allowing for self-reliance and abandoning your soldiers. It was now obvious that Miaka's constitution and stamina were subpar and that Kit hadn't simply caught her after a workout. Regardless of any protest, Kitsuki would stoop down and gently help Miaka to her feet. She was strong enough to do so without worry of any resistance and she'd aim to get Miaka to a nearby bench no matter how much the Takoyami fought her. If she continued to speak while Kit helped her to the bench, the Princess would listen to her words and try to discern the meaning behind them. Was Miaka seriously asking why Kit was suspicious of her affiliation with Sero? Kit didn't owe the Jounin a response, especially after her performance just a few seconds ago, but on this question she was willing to entertain an answer of sorts.

"Isn't it obvious? You've been around him"

She answered without answering too much. Kit wasn't unschooled in the art of politics. Sometimes it was better to say less than was necessary so as to get an accurate and complete picture of what the other side knew. Kit was referring to Sero's aura, his cult-like following, and his bizarre and vague campaign against what he termed "evildoers." This was enough to concern any Kiri citizen but perhaps Sero had kept some in the dark about this or maybe he could turn off his aura at will. Miaka's response to Kit's answer would give Kitsuki insight as to whether her theories had merit. She'd remain standing over pinky while the girl sat on the bench. While she was willing to indulge Miaka on this line of questioning, the girl was still in hot water. She was going to have to answer for this screw-up but for now the important thing was to make sure she was okay.

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" there was a gentleness in her voice. She was genuinely concerned for Miaka's well-being. She knew her own strength and what she was capable of. She had been careful not to harm her so she was certain this wasn't her own doing. The Hozuki was just fragile. Miaka was trying to be strong and Kit could respect that, but she had her own values: Show. Kindness. Always.

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 11:47 am

Miaka didn't have the energy to argue or push the princess away. When Lady Kitsuki helped her up and to a bench, she was about as light and easy to manipulate as a five foot tall rag doll. It was true that her fortitude was low already, but pushing herself too hard in training, then dealing with Sero's aura and learning two new techniques, and then going forth and doing a walk after it all... it was just too much. Miaka had made a series of dumb decisions in an effort to ignore how fragile her body could be. She was highly intelligent, decisive in most matters, and focused on her job. She knew how to use her chakra wisely but in the face of a potential threat, she chose not to. What was wrong with her today? Had Sero's aura bothered her more than she had thought? Had the consideration and acceptance of her into working for the Commander filled her with false energy? Her mind buzzed under the surface and without the strength to push the thoughts away, Miaka felt stifled.

Upon the bench, hardly certain of how she got there for a moment, Miaka just blinked and rested. She closed her eyes, too entranced by the comfort to fight against the desire to sleep.
    "He's not so bad," Miaka mumbled. She huffed and and then coughed twice, throwing up a hand to make sure to cover her mouth. "I didn't want to inconvenience you. I did what I thought was right." She took deep breaths in between her words. "Making a tough call sometimes results in a mistake, but I cannot regret my choices." It was as close to an apology or an admission of her idiocy as the jounin would get. Her eyes fluttered open with effort and she saw the Lady looking nonplussed and somehow concerned at the same time. A wave of guilt washed over her when the leader asked her if she needed sustenance. A jounin should be able to care for themselves. The pink haired woman half expected to see one of the other jounin or genin walk by and chortle, the vision of her collapsing and requiring assistance a common one in her youth. She groaned annoyedly.

"My pack has water and some oranges," Miaka explained begrudgingly, "Help yourself to one if you wish." Miaka tried to sit up but lightheadedness forced her to relax and lie back down. Her brain felt like it was swimming around in her skull. "I think the Commander is dedicated, focused, strong. Attributes of a valuable shinobi. Is that so wrong? Why does he work with you if you detest him so?"
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed May 05, 2021 11:39 pm

Miaka's response was Frustrating. Either through luck or political savvy, she had said a lot without saying anything. The phrase "he's not so bad" could mean practically anything. Kit could read into it what she wanted which didn't make it useful for gauging how the pinkette saw him. The obvious assumption was that she was referring to his aura, but it could also just refer to his intense and borderline menacing personality. Kit wasn't sure if Miaka was being coy on purpose or just too exhausted to elaborate. She clearly wasn't sorry for what she had done, but she at least acknowledged that it had been a mistake. It was bit illogical to assume Kit was an imposter when she reacted the way she did to the fact that Miaka was working for Sero. He was a rather frightening figure and anyone who knew him might be surprised that a girl so upbeat would fancy a job working under him. She didn't need to explain herself or her reaction to Miaka though, so she merely fell silent in response to the explanation.

She identified her pack as containing some means of sustenance. It was clearly embarrassing for her, but Kit was passed that point. The Jounin was barely conscious and making sure she was well enough to walk was first priority, not her ego. She reached over and grabbed the girl's pack. She fished through it and produced the requested items handing them each to Miaka in a different hand. Even in the way the items were handed off, it was clear that Kit concerned about her ability to consume the refreshments. She wasn't going to feed her for that would be humiliating, but if the items were dropped she'd pick them up. "Here" she'd say. Kitsuki did not help herself to one. She wasn't here to be the Sakura petal's friend.

She watched as Miaka lay down. She had every intention of taking her to the Defense Coordination Center for formal disciplinary action but she could not do so while her subordinate remained in her present state. If Miaka wasn't giving her insight into Sero then she wasn't interested in entertaining further conversation about the man. Knowledge was a weapon and lack of knowledge a strategic advantage. She was beginning to doubt that Miaka was a spy or some sort of test, but that didn't mean she could expect the assistant to hold her words in strict confidence. Still, it might be worth trying to fish for more information.

"He doesn't work with me. He works for me. As for my issues with him, you should know that....or perhaps he hasn't told you everything" Kit didn't like these games but for as long as the topic was under discussion, she'd be forced to play them.

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2021 5:05 pm

A powerfully bitter flavor combined with an impossibly dry texture filled Miaka's mouth, her senses stirred up further by the aromatic orange. People didn't really eat oranges this way, but to take a bite through the skin was simple and provided just as many if not more nutrients. Miaka didn't have time to debate the curious solution as weak as she was; the taste was as bad as the feel on her tongue and she made a dramatic face of disgust. Still, the jounin chewed and ate the bite that she took. She coughed once and grabbed several long drawls from her water bottle, wiping the taste away. She groaned a little and closed her magenta eyes. The orange dribbled juice over her fingers slowly until she licked at them quickly and with as much properness as she could manage. She pressed the skin to her lips and tore the bitter skin to the side with her teeth before delving into the flesh of the fruit with her mouth and squeezing it hard with the one hand. Her mouth was filled with sugar, so sweet it nearly burned her throat and she sucked upon the orange until she needed a breath of air.

"Thanks," She huffed. "Your issues with the Commander are well known? I haven't seen any briefings or seminars on them," Miaka retorted. It was a little sly but mostly with obliviousness that she made her remarks. Again, for her, Sero seemed a bit frightening and powerful, but at the end of the day he was clearly dedicated to killing evil and protecting Kirigakure. Miaka couldn't fathom why Sero and Kitsuki might disagree. Unless, maybe it was something more personal. Miaka gave a half lidded look to the woman wondering if she could picture her romantically entwined with the commander but she could not. "He didn't tell me anything about you," Miaka shrugged, "Should he have?" Again the jounin took a chug from the fruit, preventing any drips from leaving her hand or mouth with a practiced motion. Her Hozuki lips and mouth had partially become water themselves, straight absorbing what Miaka needed from the snack. After a moment, the pink haired woman needed another breath and she sat up on the bench. The tired shinobi reclined slightly and drank down the rest of the water from her bottle, her lips finally returning to their normal rosy shade.

She still felt light headed, but at this point she knew she wouldn't pass out. Thoughts filled her head and she replayed her disagreement with Kitsuki and her meeting with Sero both over again in her head. It hadn't made any sense. What did the princess find so disagreable about him? It was an awful lot of drama and from where Miaka stood- or rather barely sat- there was no justification for it. To her dismay, the hostility Kitsuki had previously displayed must have related to that drama and Miaka had had no information or consideration for the possibility that the leader before her would stand so at odds with such a shinobi as the commander. Miaka didn't have time to speak or sigh about it now and she looked down at her orange, half drained and wet in her left hand. So all of her defending, her paranoid observance, her careful desire to protect and ensure the safety of Kirigakure was for nothing but some unknown childish tomfoolery between Sero and the Lady Kitsuki. If she had the energy, she might have rolled her eyes.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri May 14, 2021 1:51 am

Kit raised an eyebrow as she watched Miaka eat the entire orange, skin and all. It was a rather bizarre practice but there was nothing unlawful about it. Miaka didn't appear to enjoy the act which meant she was probably doing this as a result of a physical malady or mental compulsion. Kit was beginning to suspect that this girl was just downright weird or had some strange idiosyncrasies that were too complex for her to understand. Either way, she didn't see much of a point in interrogating her while she was exhausted. Miaka's response gave nothing away. This one is either playing dumb, deliberately trying to get on my nerves, or she's just totally oblivious to who she serves. Kit wasn't going to run down a rabbit hole trying to figure out what pinky's deal was, at least not yet. She shot Miaka a stern glare when she asked whether he ought to have mentioned her. Kitsuki wasn't even sure where to begin and despite her earlier reservations about even entertaining a discussion on him, she gave in. More out of a desire to vent than a desire to talk down on Miaka's boss.

"Sero Jakuuna has indicated to me that he harbors extremist beliefs....that and his.....predilection towards scaring people doesn't sit well with the Princess Triumvirate" Kitsuki was stretching the truth there. It wasn't the Princess Triumvirate that had a problem with the evil-killer, it was Kitsuki. She didn't approve of Sero's crusade and as soon as the opportunity presented itself, she planned on tightening the reins on his little band of vigilantes. She was curious to see how Miaka would react to her characterization of the Triumvirate and its position on Sero. Sayuri undoubtedly supported Sero and Arisu was likely neutral. As far as Kit was concerned, she was alone on this but maybe she could convince pinky otherwise. After she said that though, she resolved not to discuss the matter any further until they were safely inside the Defense Coordination Center.

Kit stood in silence with her arms crossed as she waited for her Jounin to recover. A few seconds or maybe even minutes passed before she looked down at the Takoyami and said: "Are you feeling better? Do you think you can stand?" If she received an affirmative response then Kitsuki would say: "I'm going to take you down to the station then. You'll be written up for insubordination or incompetence. I'll let you decide. What you did here today was not okay. I appreciate the sentiment behind it, but you must be better Miaka Takoyami. This will be a written warning that shall consist of a disciplinary notification on your record. It won't affect your pay, promotion, or any other amenities and benefits you can expect as a Kirigakure shinobi. Think of it as a reminder of what the stakes are when you accuse someone of being an imposter and attack them for it. Let's go."

If Miaka was not well enough then instead of a spiel about false accusations, Kit would sigh and wait a bit longer for Miaka to recover. She wasn't going to wait forever though. The Hozuki was coming with her even if she had to carry her. Whether it be over her shoulder or in a bottle.

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Miaka didn't say anything in return immediately. The jounin tiredly continued to nibble the orange, bitter skin and all. She was planning on a full rest as soon as possible at this point. Her stupid body, she thought to herself, probably needed to go back to taking additional vitamins on a regular basis. She had thought she had grown and strengthened, and probably she had considering that she hadn't needed to rely on daily medication since she was made a jounin. Yet, this new position and the toll it would take was likely to press her abilities and health for a while. Still, her own physicality was not the only thing present on her mind. Apparently, Commander Sero had quite a reputation. She hardly knew the man at all but her first judgment was no where near where Lady Kitsuki's was. It was smart to not throw out the woman's opinion entirely, especially if it were also true that the triumvirate agreed with her. Then again, if the whole triumvirate agreed with her, then why was he still a high ranking official? The dots didn't all fully connect there and Miaka suspected that Lady Kitsuki was not being entirely truthful.

"Frankly, I saw nothing extreme with the Commander so far. I agree his presence can be unnerving, but he didn't seem to bear me any ill will." Miaka took the last bite of orange and made a face. She sat up fully upon the bench now, her eyes glazing but her body far more steady than before. "I am not certain that he is an extremist but neither do I know him well enough to ignore your conclusions. I will be wary, but he does not frighten me. I want to help protect our village and our people and I am happy to work with him to that end." Miaka kept to herself her suspicions; Lady Kitsuki had already gotten a bad impression of her despite her logical actions. Apparently the fact that Miaka had plenty of evidence and worked factually and suspiciously even within the village was not a sign of true loyalty but a sign of disrespect. The jounin said nothing, she was outranked, but the Lady's impression did not sit well with her. No harm was truly done and there was no reason to let ego get in the way of such a job.

When asked to stand, Miaka let out a sigh. She finished off her water bottle and leaned to the side to reclaim her bag from the ground. She felt woozy and disoriented, but she knew she would be able to make the walk at a slowed pace. She ran a hand through her long hair and unzipped her sweater, letting the breeze cool down her body and refresh her. The woman got to her feet, shaking her head in an attempt to keep herself from rolling her eyes in disbelief.
    "Insubordination, I guess." Miaka's reply was clipped and she was sure the Commander would be asking her about this once he caught wind of it. A written warning because she had wounded the leader's pride by not seeing her face and assuming she was who she claimed she was. It was a bit over the top and ridiculous, but Miaka was used to having to play the political games some times. It wasn't even the first time she had gotten warnings for similar choices as a genin. She lifted a hand in a scout's honor gesture and added, "I won't forget stakes, Lady K." And she wouldn't, but neither would this write up motivate her to change her ways in any significant order. The nickname might have been going a little too far, but it was her only act of rebellion at this point. Miaka would follow the Lady silently afterwards, feeling no shame at having to walk to the station with one of the Princesses in front of anyone who might pass them by. It was just an inconvenience that she had to deal with in order to go home and sleep.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun May 30, 2021 2:36 pm

Kitsuki supposed that it was possible that Sero hadn't given the same speech to Miaka that he had given to her. Truth be told, she did barge into his home and hold him up at bowpoint to explain himself. He might not have been as forthcoming had she tried the gentle approach. It was also possible that he had learned to tone down his extremism either out of a genuine desire to reform or a belief that it would help fly lower on the radar. If Sero was moderating his stance, even publicly, then Miaka couldn't possibly know about his "crusade." Kitsuki would need to look into that later. When Miaka stood and gathered her things, Kit gestured for her to follow. She choose "insubordination" rather than incompetence which confirmed to Kit several suspicions that Kit had about a pinky. Whether or not she would end up acting on those suspicions was anyone's guess.

I need to get a handle on this cult and its influence....

"Let's get a move on then soldier"

The snide remark would be ignored. If she answered every passive-aggressive insult with venom, she had none reserved for Kiri's true enemies. Sometimes it was better to preserve one's power and patiently wait until it was time to strike. Kitsuki would lead Miaka out of the park and to the Defense Coordination Center.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content