Welcome Guest! You have made 42 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Stables

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

The Stables Empty The Stables

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Kitsuki sighed as she brushed the hair off the pony she had bought some weeks earlier. The cute little mare had blonde hair, a fine brown coat, and its lineage was the stuff of legends. Its mother was a Royal riding horse and its father was a five time racing champion. It was a purebred through and through. The pony had cost Kitsuki quite the pretty penny, but she knew it'd be worth it in the end. In her unrelenting quest to turn Lily into a proper Princess and Lady of High Society, Kit realized she'd need to cultivate some new hobbies for the orphan. The Pit Child was so obsessed with knife making, cutting with knives, and hiding knives that Kit was worried she'd remain a pit child for the rest of her days. There was a time and place for violence but she was wary of letting weaponry dominate Lily's personality. She figured that if she introduced some feminine past-times into Lily's life and made them fun, then perhaps she could raise her to be a more well-adjusted shinobi.

After all, the new Kiri was not to be a place where little girls ran around stabbing things. Kit had bought the pony and kept it in the stables waiting for just the right time to surprise her ward. That time never came. While Kit had been taking Lily's measurements for a new set of clothes, the child had suddenly collapsed. The doctors said it was plague and though Lily appeared to be recovering, that incident apparently had a profound effect on her outlook on life. Lily quit being a shinobi altogether and went off elsewhere. Kit wanted to stop her, but she was powerless to do so. There were some things that you just couldn't prevent, no matter how powerful or influential you were. Kit swallowed her tears as she finished grooming the majestic beast. She petted its coat a bit as she reflected on how much she wanted to teach the orphan of Vandal. So many lessons, adventures, and plans that would forever go unfulfilled. It hurt but Kit knew better than to cry. It wouldn't bring her ward back and she couldn't afford to look weak. The Princesses were firmly in control but the competition between them was getting fierce and if she made the wrong move, she could find herself at a political disadvantage.

Zizz, Kitsuki's tiny Angel, was nestled in her hair. The being was about as small as a hairpin but Kit could still communicate with her just fine.

ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻ ⵙⴰⴷ ⴽⵉⵜ...ⴻⵠⴻⵔⵢⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵀⴰppⴻⵏⵙ ⴼoⵔ ⴰ ⵔⴻⴰⵙoⵏ
    I know Zizz...that doesn't make it any easier...

Kitsuki walked out of the stables and headed towards the open fields. The equestrian facility was a recent addition to the village. It was all a part of her campaign to turn the Mist Village into a metropolis that wasn't centered around death and dismemberment. The people on these Isles weren't savages and it was time that they had a military capitol that reflected that. The facility had wide open fields, stables filled with horses from all over the world, and even a recreational park where pedestrians could walk through and admire the scenery. Kitsuki was now traveling across the grazing field and making her way towards the park. It was a cold grey afternoon and there was fresh rain on the field. Kitsuki was wearing a rider's outfit complete with boots and a crop that hung from her her waist. She had intended to go riding this afternoon but after remembering Lily, she didn't really have the energy for it.

As she walked along the park's trail, she saw someone nearby.

ⵢoⵓ ⵙⵀoⵓⵍⴷ ⴳo ⵜⴰⵍⴽ ⵜo ⵀⴻⵔ....ⵉ ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵢoⵓ ⵓⵙⴻⴷ ⵜo ⴱⴻ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵙⵉⵍⴻⵏⵜ ⵜⵢpⴻ ⴽⵉⵜ ⴱⵓⵜ ⵉ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴽ ⵉⵜ ⵡoⵓⵍⴷ ⵔⴻⴰⵍⵍⵢ ⵀⴻⵍp ⵢoⵓ The guardian Angel was advising Kitsuki to speak to the stranger and while she was apprehensive at first, Kitsuki saw no reason not to. Even if it didn't make her feel better, she could at least see how the denizens of the village were enjoying the new park.

Constitution: B
    Stamina: A
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A

Gear
    Quantum Meruit Armour [50/43]
    Amicus Curiae [20/20 Explosions]
    100 Broadhead Arrows [C-Grade Quality]
    Evanescence
    Miaka Takoyami
    Miaka Takoyami

Village : Kirigakure

The Stables Empty Re: The Stables

Post by Miaka Takoyami Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Miaka was fairly worn out. Her usual long morning training had just about exhausted her. She normally attempted a walk and light jog combo but the cold morning and gray skies made her sweat cling to her clothing and dry between layers, chilling her down to the bone. She refused to portray an image of a weak sickly woman in public, as long as she could help it, simply moving into the park at a slow leisurely pace. Her long pink hair was pulled into dual braids that swung over her shoulders and down past her chest. Her pale face was pink from the cold and her fatigue. She started to feel a bit dizzy then and new she had pushed herself too far. Urging her body to do a jog the whole way was a lot to accomplish and perhaps she hadn't drunk as much water as she should have. The woman lifted her head, keeping her composure as steady as she could. Her magenta eyes spotted nobody else around except for another woman in a riding outfit. Miaka didn't recognize her, but as she was heading her way, Miaka wasn't about to give in and look at all hindered.

She glanced quickly around, looking for nearby benches where she might sit down after this other lady passed her by. A place where she could sit and eat and drink and regain full bodily control. Being weak even compared to other Takoyami was unfortunate but after the experiences she had early in her life at Kirigakure, Miaka used her mantra to center her breathing: Don't Show Weakness. Don't Show Weakness. Predators went after those with weakness. She didn't climb all the way up the ladder to jounin and endure all the pain and mockery to give any person, civilian or shinobi a reason to doubt her abilities now.

The pink haired woman might have been 24, but she looked closer to 19 or 20 in age because of her weakened immune system and body. She took a power stance, not aggressive but confident, and gave the female approaching her a little wave and a big grin.
    "Good afternoon, I hope the weather hasn't dampened your mood!" She rested her hands on her hips solidly, at the place where her loose cotton pants started. Miaka was wearing heather gray pants, loose and light weight, but warm, and black hiking style boots with hidden supports (it was the best for her training and missions to wear practical foot wear she couldn't injure herself in). Her top consisted of a white tank top and a fitted black zip up hooded sweatshirt, styled so the zipper rested just under her chest. She had practiced enough with faking physical ability that she hoped this woman couldn't detect the truth.

Spendable XP: 50 exp
    Total XP: 3650
    Renown:
    Ryo: 35,000
    CP: 185

Stats:
    STR: D (150)
    CON: E (0)
    STAM: C (450)
    SPD: D (150)
    COO: C (450)
    INT: B (950)
    PER: C (450)

Link: Updates and Items
    Link: Character Info and Stats
    Link: Technique List

Colors:
    #ff0066
    #ff00ff
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:41 pm

When Kitsuki got closer to the pink haired Jounin, she noticed how exhausted the young woman appeared. Clearly this one had been training relentlessly. She didn't recognize Miaka but the pink hair reminded her of someone else that she knew. When the Jounin addressed her directly, Kitsuki smiled despite her sadness and replied: "Good afternoon to you as well. My mood could be better but I can't blame the weather on that" she shrugged and grinned as if to say 'Eh what can you do?' Not wanting to spoil the hardworking shinobi's day with her problems, Kitsuki gave a polite bow to the woman and gestured to the surrounding park.

"I see your making use of the new recreational park..." she looked at how tired the stranger was. Kit didn't believe her to be physically infirm. Miaka had done a good job masking whatever weakness she experienced. As far as Kit could tell, this was just another shinobi pushing themselves to their absolute limit. "What do you think?" Kit was curious to see how other ninja liked the changes she was implementing. Kit's goal was to improve the aesthetics of the village while retaining its commitment to national defense. In order to do that, she needed the honest opinion of the shinobi who lived here.

Gear
    Evanescence
    Miaka Takoyami
    Miaka Takoyami

Post by Miaka Takoyami Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Miaka gave the woman a polite nod as she paused to converse. Then her eyes widened slightly. She recognized the face before her, one of the leaders of Kirigakure. She blinked for a moment, careful to listen to the lady's words but she couldn't help but have a train of thought go off the rails in her mind. Did the leaders of nations really just wander about the village so? Not that she was incapable, but where were her guards, her entourage? Miaka's magenta eyes shifted to some nearby trees and back, wondering if she would even be able to spot an ANBU protector if one were around. The idea that she might meet one of the leaders in such an informal capacity had never occurred to the young jounin woman. She considered her stance and noted most might think it relaxed, flippant. She took a breath and braced her legs, moving her arms to hang at her sides in a more military pose, denoting respect. The leader appeared to be interested in how the park was being received by the general public and the shinobi. Miaka wasn't convinced she was an adequate representative for either but she wouldn't leave the question hanging so rudely.

"I admire and use the park regularly,"
    She answered. "I must confess I don't usually see others here because I attend so early on most days, Lady." Miaka looked about and then gestured with a hand, "I have seen changes in the rest of the village structure as well. It looks well. I don't see the harm in having comforts and aesthetics if it improves the mental state of the people. What else is worth protecting otherwise?" Miaka felt a shift in her posture slightly. She really had pushed herself too hard again. Miaka didn't want to pass out here in front of the leader and she hoped her will alone would endure just long enough. The pink haired woman gave a bow, "Lady Kitsuki can I be of any more help to you? I disdain a sour mood if I can help with it."

Renown:

Stats:

Colors:
    #ff0066
    #ff00ff
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:02 pm

Kit could tell that Miaka was very tired. The shifting around, the sluggish way she moved, they were all tell tale signs of exhaustion. When compounded with the inherent fluster that came with meeting a world leader, Kitsuki knew she'd need to be gentle in this interaction. Miaka said that she enjoyed the park which was good although she used it earlier than most. Early to bed and early to rise was the hallmark of a well disciplined shinobi albeit one with not too many responsibilities. Kitsuki didn't have the luxury of early evenings anymore.

When Miaka asked if there was anything she could do to improve Kit's mood, the Princess smiled and shook her head.

"I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the changes we've made....but unfortunately the problem I have is not something anyone can solve. I didn't want to interrupt your training but if you could spare a moment to walk with me, it'd mean a lot."

Kitsuki would purposefully walk slower than she normally would. She wanted to give Miaka a chance to catch her breath and she wanted to get to know this pink haired kunoichi some more. It was awfully lonely at the top and she was so isolated from so many of her subordinates that she hardly got the chance to get to know them. How could she fight for a people that she barely knew? Miaka was just one person but she had to start somewhere. It was especially nice that her first "interview" on the new Kirigakure was someone who appreciated aesthetic taste and its impact on morale.

"Tell me about yourself...starting with your name of course" she flashed a friendly smile. She hoped that this stranger wouldn't be too formal although judging from her responses, she was already heading down that track.

Gear
    Evanescence
    Miaka Takoyami
    Miaka Takoyami

Post by Miaka Takoyami Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Miaka nodded slightly as she listened to the leader. In her head, she was thinking, practically shouting at herself. Don't do it! You're smarter than this! If you don't sit down and eat, you are going to pass out! And even if you don't pass out, dealing with the dehydration and low blood sugar is going to fatigue you for at least another day. The pink haired jounin weighed her options and decided to ignore her smarter self for now. If she walked slow, or maybe ate while she walked then she would handle the situation just fine. It made sense to risk it instead of losing face or turning down the princess before her now. Miaka still felt the need to push herself harder than usual, especially since accepting the Commander's proposal, but that didn't mean she could shirk her regular duties. She would just have to sleep the rest of the morning away and do paperwork in the afternoon before bedtime. She was certain she could manage and prioritize for just one day.

"Happy to join you. I hope you don't find it rude if I eat while we walk. If I don't, I might have consequences to face,"
    Miaka said in a tone of apology. She slid her rucksack off her back and pulled out a container of water. She took a long draw of the water, feeling it refresh her, like how a plant might feel on a dry summer's day. Then she plucked out a clump of grapes to nibble upon. Returning her bag to her shoulder, she gave a gesture and said, "I am ready now." Miaka walked beside the leader, still wary of the many eyes which must have been upon her in the intent to keep Lady Kitsuki safe. When the lady asked for her private information, the young woman tensed somewhat. She was trying to cut out her entire life, as if she didn't exist before becoming a jounin in Kirigakure. The rest of her life was too meaningful, and too painful to want to keep around. She didn't know what it was with the leaders and commanders of Kirigakure wanting to know about her, but Miaka had practice with avoiding questions like these.

"Yes, Ma'am. I am Miaka Takoyami, a jounin to our village and a recent administrative assistant to Lord Sero. I am efficient with my suiton ninjutsu and consider my intelligence to be one of my strongest skills."
    As a soldier to its commander, she gave an impersonal but truthful answer to the Lady's question. She was friendly in face and tone of voice but it might have been clear to a perceptive person that she carried guilt or shame in some capacity. It wasn't a hidden secret that the Takoyami were mostly merchants and resource gatherers, a small subset family of the Hozuki that lived outside the capitol. Some might say she had the typical small town girl moves to the big city tale- but those who knew anything of the Takoyami would know they hadn't produced any shinobi in many years. Miaka was an oddity in that department.

Renown:

Stats:

Colors:
    #ff0066
    #ff00ff
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Kitsuki was delighted to hear that the stranger would walk with her. She asked if she could eat while they walked and Kit was perfectly fine with that. Ordinarily it might be considered "rude" but Kit was the one imposing on this young woman's training, so they were on Miaka's sense of etiquette and not Kit's. "By all means! Snack at will soldier" She smiled and gestured with her hand indicating that Miaka had the right of snacc. The bit about having to "face the consequences" if she didn't eat was somewhat troubling but she chalked it up to the pinky's strict diet and training regimen. If you wanted the optimal shinobi body, then you had to eat, train, and rest like a champ. She knew that from first-hand experience.

Once Miaka had executed her snacc attack, Kit would nod and begin walking down the park's path. Kit sensed a bit of hesitation when she asked for the pinky's name but she chalked that up to nervousness. Kitsuki's status and reputation was intimidating to most shinobi and so she was used to it by now. The stranger's name was Miaka Takoyami, a surname that she did not recognize. This led her to believe it was just a generic family name as opposed to a noble clan. The next bit of information caused Kitsuki to stop walking in her tracks.

A cold shudder rolled up her spine and she stared at Miaka as though she had just grown a second head. What she said next sounded like a distant echo compared to the information that was being processed. Kitsuki swallowed and her entire demeanor shifted. She had gone from being warm, friendly, and inquistive to being deeply disturbed.

Administrative Assistant to Sero?! THE SERO?! How could someone so pleasant and nice be an assistant to someone like that?!

Kitsuki had heard that Sero had taken over the Kaguya and Hozuki Clans. It was something she had been meaning to deal with recently. He was accumulating power and he was probably doing it with Sayuri's help. She was running out of options and her plan to contain his influence was unraveling faster than she could execute it. At this rate, he'd be untouchable. Kitsuki looked at Miaka as though she had gone from potential friend to potential foe. She spoke her next words carefully.

"I'm sorry....could you please repeat that? Did you say you were administrative assistant to....?" She didn't say his name. If she had not misheard, she wanted it to come from the pinky's lips for a second time.

Gear
    Evanescence
    Miaka Takoyami
    Miaka Takoyami

Post by Miaka Takoyami Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Miaka swallowed hard and stopped walking. She didn't much like the way the woman was staring her down; the look was almost as bad as Sero's strange presence. Only, with the look, Miaka could feel it was intentional. She would not show weakness, of course, but the young jounin instead put a face of strength on to mask her uncertainty. Maybe this woman was not the leader, and only impersonating Kitsuki. Miaka could kick herself for giving information about her skills and rank now. What idiot shinobi just freely gives up that information? And the way this person stared down at her made her feel even more foolish. Miaka Takoyami realized she had made a mistake then and if this person was one of the leaders and not an impersonator, she could at least take comfort in knowing that she had not endangered Kirigakure by so freely telling her abilities and rank and name. There was no fixing it either way and the pink haired woman set her jaw, her magenta eyes narrowing.

"Yes, Ma'am. This morning I met with Lord Sero and I believe arrangements are being made to make it official. Tomorrow, we have plans also." Miaka replied and then closed her eyes briefly. Of course, after her exhausting training and meeting this morning she would come back to a dangerous situation. Miaka started to feel the shame and guilt building up seriously now; there was nothing worse than being an unprepared shinobi. She had no weapons on her but she was armed with two newly learned techniques. She gathered her chakra up in her stomach, subtly preparing an attack. "I hope you forgive me but I have no proof that you are Lady Kitsuki. Dressed plainly without guards, extrapolating information from me, and I must say your hostility at my response isn't anything like I would expect from a leader. Can you prove to me that you are she, or must I take you in for arrest?" Miaka's smiling face had changed into a professional one, her expression police like and her stance ready. If the woman tried to run or attack, Miaka was already set with a technique in mind. Real proof might be hard to come by and threatening the actual Lady might have consequences but the jounin didn't care. A kage impersonator was a deadly problem inside of Kirigakure's walls and she would not let it go so easily.

Renown:

Stats:

Colors:
    #ff0066
    #ff00ff
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:29 am

Kitsuki's sudden expression of suspicion engendered a similar reaction from her subordinate. The entire energy of the interaction shifted as the two kunoichi found themselves locked in an intense standoff. She repeated the Devil's name and confirmed that she would in fact be serving as Sero's administrative assistant. Kit swallowed and instinctually clenched her fist. This was either some kind of staged encounter or Kit really did have the worst luck in the world. Her allies were dwindling while the darker side of the village grew stronger. What was an Angel to do? Kitsuki looked away and off into the distance as she tried to navigate this startling revelation. Miaka didn't seem to be a bad person. Maybe she was just a Jounin seeking to ingratiate herself with an up and coming power-broker? What pinky said next, however, threw her for a loop.

What?! Is she serious?! Am I dreaming?
    ⵏopⴻ. ⴷⴻⴼⵉⵏⵉⵜⴻⵍⵢ ⵏoⵜ ⴷⵔⴻⴰⵎⵉⵏⴳ.

Miaka was accusing her of being an impersonator. Kitsuki turned her gaze back to Sero's newly minted assistant. Did this Takoyami really believe she wasn't who she said she was? It raised an interesting philosophical question. In a world where transforming your appearance was one of the most basic techniques taught to every academy student, how could you be certain that at any given time you weren't speaking to an impersonator? Although to be fair, impersonating a world leader was a pretty big risk to take, especially when your objective was to gather information on an un-heard of Jounin. The contrived scenario was so bizarre that Kit couldn't help but smile thinking that she was being punked, trolled, or whatever the kids were calling it these days.

"I beg your pardon....are you seriously accusing me of being an imposter?"

Ordinarily, Kitsuki might have laughed and given a more cheeky response. She might have even played along and allowed Miaka to arrest her just for the fun of it. Anything to lighten her otherwise dreary day. But now that she knew who the pinky worked for, she was in no laughing mood. If Miaka confirmed her accusation, Kitsuki would give a simple nod.

"Well. This is a first. I'm not obligated to prove my identity to you and I'm inclined to write you up for insubordination and/or incompetence. Either you are deliberately insulting me or you cannot discern when your Princess is standing before you."

Just as Miaka had reverted to a more professional and stern demeanor, Kit would do the same. The only difference was that Kit had academic training in being stern and unyielding.

Did Sero put her up to this? Surely she knows how silly this all is?
    ⵡⴻⵍⵍ ⵡⴻ ⵛⴰⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻⴰⵜ ⵜⵀⴻ pooⵔ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵓp. ⵡⴻ'ⴷ ⵍooⴽ ⵍⵉⴽⴻ ⴱⵓⵍⵍⵉⴻⵙ.
    Exactly. Which is why I'm going to call her bluff.

"I'm going to give you until the count of ten to apologize. One....Two....Three...."

Gear
    Evanescence
    Miaka Takoyami
    Miaka Takoyami

Post by Miaka Takoyami Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:31 pm

As the supposed Lady Kitsuki stared her down with an intensity surely meant to intimidate her with an authority that was either true and offended or false and arrogant, Miaka noticed that her hands clenched. Was it really so uncommon to be asked for proof of identity in the field of shinobi where trust wore especially thin? Suspicion and paranoia were often the tools that guided a ninja's gut reaction and mistake or not, it was never an instinct that the jounin had thought wise to ignore. If she sensed hostility, if she sensed that something was amiss, there was a high likeliness that something indeed was. It was still possible of course that this was the real leader but the question of disbelief from this Lady didn't settle Miaka's gut.

Of course, the real Lady Kitsuki, a leader, would understand why a jounin now promoted to assistant of Sero, would want proof. Of course, she might be annoyed or angry, but at the end of the day, shouldn't she also be proud of thorough suspicion of one of her own shinobi? Miaka would fight for her and the village's safety and it was that drive that prompted the question in the first place. Miaka's magenta eyes glanced back at the tensed grip of the lady before her and answered,
    "Yes. I am asking." The rejoinder made the pink haired jounin's heart sink. It was not at all satisfactory. It was either the pompous response of an offended Lady, and Miaka had always assumed the leaders of Kirigakure were more down to earth and reliable than that, or it was an act by a spy who had made the opposing assumption that this leader would answer like rich royalty.

The 24 year old was silent maybe a few moments too long, but the second that Kitsuki began to count down she pursed her lips into a tight thin line. Threatening to write her up? To whom? What kind of punishment would that even entail? And for insubordination? Would the leaders be happier to let spies run amok and gather information about Kirigakure's forces? Somewhere a person just had to bend a little and this... so called Princess was counting down... like she was a servant or a child. Miaka wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but a ball of anger grew in her chest and forced her to take a deep breath. Her fingers pressed into the seal of the ram, thinking she was already halfway done the technique she had in mind. She did it in front of her, not trying to hide her intentions, hoping this woman would take her as seriously as she was and would stop the insulting count down.

Miaka felt her chakra gathering in her throat and her voice came out a tad deeper than her friendly greeting tone. She interrupted the Lady's count at five and said firmly,
    "I also cannot ask again. Under the threat of a paper, I must do what is right. Give me proof or I will place you under arrest." Still, Miaka saw now guards and it only strengthened her resolve in believing this to be an impostor.

Renown:

Stats:

Colors:
    #ff0066
    #ff00ff
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Genin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Miaka was standing her ground. She was seriously questioning Kitsuki's identity. The Princess, who had made an effort to be amicable, was now visibly angry. She wasn't sure if this was some sick game on Sero's part but whatever the case may be, she wasn't going to produce paperwork for a Jounin she just met. She had worked too hard and done too much to get to the state she was in now. If Miaka couldn't tell a fake from the real McCoy then that was a lesson she'd have to learn the hard way. It was incumbent on her to wield her suspicion judiciously and she failed to do that then the consequences would be her own. Kitsuki continued her dramatic countdown as Miaka formed a handseal. Is this girl serious?. The fact that she was ready to go to war over her accusation was both admirable and stupid. If Kit really was an imposter there was no way pinky could know what she was capable of. Starting a fight right here and now with no backup was a bad move and one that would go in the inevitable report of this encounter. Kitsuki ignored Miaka's threat and continued counting.

"Four.....Five.....Six......Seven....."

Their wills were unbreakable. Unfortunately, this impasse would not last forever. Miaka had three seconds to avert disaster. The two were on a collision course and one of them had to yield. It wasn't going to be Kitsuki Kurahasa.

Gear
    Evanescence

Current date/time is Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 am