Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Two possibly vital adjustments

Orochi Risu
    Orochi Risu

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton|Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 7,800

Two possibly vital adjustments Empty Two possibly vital adjustments

Post by Orochi Risu Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 am

So, as I've already grown to like this site, I thought I might at least show this with some ideas that may improve the gameplay and information for players both old and new (well, in this site's case currently we're all new, lol)

-Item Locker/storage/etc: Just like we have a place to keep track of our techniques/jutsu, it might be handy to add a similar subforum to the Item Registration forum so people can put up a list with their items, so both they and staff can keep track of their posessions without having to dig through their updates to know what they have.

-New Player compendium: something both this site and the old one I come from seem to have in common is no thread in the rule section giving some basic rulesguidelines for new players. So perhaps a compendium with links, basic information (starting package for new players, etc) could be a helpful addition and also in the long run lessen the burden on staff, who'd obviously have much less explaining to do on basic knowledge that can then be found in said New Player Compendium.

Hope this can help.

Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Two possibly vital adjustments Empty Re: Two possibly vital adjustments

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:19 pm

There's already quite a bit that every player needs to keep track of; we try to make sure that people keep their signatures/update pages up to date, as well as a running list of all techniques they learn, while most sites don't force either. Adding a separate list for items that mimics the Technique Library would work great, but puts more burden on players than we really want.

What I've seen some of our players doing is adding a section for items either in their signatures or their first update post, where they maintain their character sheet. So what we could do is add that section into the template. We try not to be particularly hard on characters where keeping track of their store bought goods are concerned -some people pick up all of their gear after a fight and others don't- so we generally like to leave that list up to an honor system; we trust the players to keep track of what items they've lost or need to replenish.

More important items, like legendary artifacts or registered crafts, do need to be kept track of in an update. So when you acquire or craft such an item, you'll post an update for it, and whenever you use or lose that item, you post an update for that. Those are the kinds of things we'd be looking for in an item list, so if you want to make our job easier and help yourself to keep track of that, toss in a list.

We have given some thought into a brief introduction for new players to get acquainted with the site, but compressing all of the information written in our rules into one short, easy to read topic would mean skipping out on a lot of important details, since we already did our best to compress our rules for the sake of easier reading. We want to avoid any instance where a player progresses in the game without knowing that he is missing vital information because he only read the introductory rules. There are certain topics of the rules that are more important than others, and some that only come into play in specific situations; those are the things we try to highlight by getting in contact with new players through the chat or discord, since every player is different and will probably place more focus in different areas, providing a need for us to refer them to certain rules that we can only know they need by talking with them.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Orochi Risu
    Orochi Risu

Character File

Post by Orochi Risu Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

I see, that actually does make sense, letting people choose where to display their items is in a sense exactly the same as what I wanted, but just a tad more free to their choice, so I can't argue on that xD

As for the compendium, I wasn't actually pointing out at the actual rules, more like a simple list of things new players get (like the five free techniques, etc), technically you could just put it as an addition to the general rules.

Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Ah, I see. We can rearrange the order of things in the Character Registration Guide to make the important points more visible. It's gotten a little cluttered as we've been adding more things to it.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Orochi Risu
    Orochi Risu

Character File

Post by Orochi Risu Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:57 pm

thanks for understanding and reacting so fast. I truly hope it'll make more people enjoy the game

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:29 pm