Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Dress Rehearsal

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Dress Rehearsal Empty Dress Rehearsal

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:06 am

Dress Rehearsal B07088298e6fe247a4931e5806971291
    Name: Vik Chinoike
    Title: Scarlet Fever

Vik Chinoike sat at his desk with a mountain of paperwork in front of him. The clan had aggressively expanded its internal security protocols and had trained a new batch of shinobi. His wife had demanded that the Clan be ready to go at a moment's notice and given her stature within the village he had no choice but to obey. When it came to Shimiko, Vik was fascinated by the young woman. She was fierce, independent, charitable, but murderous to a near irredeemable degree. The suspicious disappearance of her parents the night of their wedding had made many of the Elders uneasy. Normally, there'd be a vigorous investigation regarding the matter but Vik had managed to convince them that Shimiko was seeing to it personally. It was believable considering she was Captain of the ANBU forces, but many also knew that Shimiko was estranged from her mother and father. How curious that a woman that despised her parents so much was now personally seeing to the investigation of their untimely deaths. Vik had managed to keep the Elders mum about the subject for the sake of keeping the peace. Shimiko had agreed to their demands and it was only fair that they turn a blind eye on this.

The mass mobilization of the Chinoike could not have come at a worse time. Several of his mistresses were up in arms about his recent marriage, he was backlogged when it came to medical research now that Morikawa had taken on senior status, and the Church was prying more and more into clan affairs. The whole situation was making his hair turn grey and as if it to make matters even more complicated, Vik realized he'd need to call in the help of a rival to get things squared away. Most of the upper-level Chinoike were on board with pledging allegiance to Shimiko and the Church by extension. She was the most powerful among them and arguably the strongest in the village. However, there were a handful he was concerned about. Wildcards. Chinoike that played by their own rules. Chinoike that he suspected were more loyal to the Inazuma. Chinoike that were more loyal to Nariko. Vik would need to account for these variables. He'd isolate them and one by one he'd figure out their pressure points and force them over to his side. Vik was never the "strongest" of his clan mates but for what he lacked in skill, he more than made up for in guile. The man was an expert manipulator and under his leadership the Clan had prospered. Unfortunately, not all were content under his rule. The undermentioned wildcards challenged his every decision and questioned his motives. Chief among them was Sven Chinoike. The two had butted heads before in the past and he expected that this tradition would continue irrespective of the current affairs.

Vik had summoned Sven to his office in the Chinoike Clan District. The room was rather large and grandiose. It was opulent even for a Clan Leader and the hallway leading up to his desk was decorated with fine tapestries and vases. Behind the mountain of paperwork, Vik sat with his hands folded.

"Here we fucking go..." he lamented to himself as he waited for Sven to arrive.

Dress Rehearsal Empty Re: Dress Rehearsal

Post by Guest Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:54 pm

If anyone in the past asked if Sven has ever paid the Chinoike district a visit he'd tell them that he wouldn't be welcomed there. Yet for some reason, Sven got a summons notice by the one person Sven always clashed in the past. Both were equally stubborn in their own paths for various reasons. Namely because Sven refused to pledge loyalty to the Chinoike when he was and would never truly be accepted as one of them. Sven learned quickly to be his own person and following what he believed that he should be doing rather than letting some bloke on a pedestal bicker orders to him. Well, his allegiance belongs to Kumogakure specifically which technically would include the Chinoike by association.

Part of Sven wanted to ghost Vik, but that's the defiant part of the Lionheart. Another part is that Sven is curious on what sort of problem Vik has wedged himself into. So much of a problem that Vik is reaching out to Sven of all people? Now that's a story Sven would like to hear.

Today Sven is dressed in his usual shinobi outfit. Which consists of a black suit jacket that's devoid of wrinkles and dirt. The silver buttons kept most of the jacket closed up save for the upper two buttons. When it opens to reveal a clean, pearl white dress shirt as the white collar can be seen around his neck. His polished dress shoes makes that oddly satisfying click sound on the wooden floor. There's a patch on the left of his chest which is a white background with golden threads of a Lion's head with an opened mouth. Around the glorious mane is the pentagram, or rather what can be seen of the pentagram. It was his personal symbol of the Chinoike family, and frankly it also symbolizes how much at odds Sven is with Vik and his loyal subjects. To traditional Chinoike it would be an insult to them for changing their symbol, but Sven just changed the head of a goat for a lion. It paints the clan in a better lighting in Sven's opinion.

His slacks were comfortable to the touch that Sven barely feels the fabric on his skin. Leaving no indication that he's actually wearing a cheap mesh shirt underneath it all. His snow white hair groomed as usual to be free of tangles and such. The gouge scar from the bridge of his nose that travels down to the lowest left of his cheek can be seen on his lightly tanned skin. His icy blue eyes wander from one thing to the next that catches his attention. It wasn't often that Sven gets to visit the Chinoike clan district after all.

The hallway was long as he could see the well made tapestries and vases. Sven saw it as a demonstration of wealth. Perhaps to paint the illusion that the clan is better off than they really are. Once Sven was out of this ridiculously long hallway, Sven spoke up.

"In what situation that someone such as I get the privilege of being summoned by the noble clan leader? Did a deal gone bad and no one wants to dirty their hands?" Sven's words were light-hearted mixed with venom. As his humor virtually masks the old rivalry between them. Both are doing things for the betterment of the Chinoike. Both are equally stubborn in their paths as well.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:26 am

Vik sat back in his chair and blinked at Sven's jape. He wasn't amused. The Jounin was sarcastic and insubordinate. He didn't have respect for his elders and if Vik was a certain type of shinobi he'd box the boy's ears bloody. He folded his arms and spoke curtly.

"A situation concerning the destiny of the clan. Whether we like it or not Sven we're family and family comes first. You may not agree but just know that every major clan in every major village on Earth feels the same way. The clan that doesn't put family first is destined to disintegrate. Don't believe me....try finding a member of the Nature Clan nowadays."

Sven had a penchant for putting country above clan and it irritated Vik. The blonde was so bold as to even wear his own personal sigil above that of the Chinoike Clan's. He knew how much the Old Guard hated those types of displays. It made the Chinoike seem weak, scattered, and divided. The distance between the Mountain branch and the City branch was bad enough. Now he had punks like Sven thinking that just because the Lightning Country created a hidden village it suddenly meant it was time to start thinking less like a Chinoike and more like a Kumo-Nin. It was a mistake and it was one that Vik had tried to cure in this upcoming generation. "Please...sit" he gestured to the chair in front of his desk. He didn't care whether Sven sat or stood but perhaps if he offered the young man  a seat, he'd take it as a compliment. Then again, knowing that Sven was ever the contrarian, he might just refuse the offer and remain standing just to spite him. Regardless, Vik continued:

"I'm sure you've noticed that we've been building up our forces as a clan. We're putting everything we have into training and maintaining our own troops. Its all hands on deck and as much as it grieves me to say this Sven....I need your help. We're circling the wagons and we can't afford to have a single Chinoike out of lockstep."

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Vik retorted with the usual line of how the clan is destined to fail if Sven didn't accept the clan. In truth it wasn't that Sven didn't accept Chinoike. He just didn't accept certain traditions Chinoike follows. Vik even brought up the fact that every major clan puts family first, but Sven smirked.

"Family is fine until they infringe on the safety of the nation. The people, including us, are Kumogakure. Forgive me if I put everyone's interests into account and defend them." Sven honestly was joking before, but he wanted to make it clear that by nation Sven includes Chinoike. So despite his rivalry with Vik, Sven at least is willing to hear the guy out. With a gesture of his hand, Vik insisted that Sven was to sit in a chair. Being a business man himself, Sven recognized that as a gesture to discuss equally. It was also a hint of obedience. To which Sven will choose to stand next to the chair. Albeit he does give a smile on his icy blue eyes were sharp and calculative.

"I appreciate the gesture, but I'll remain standing." Sven bluntly spoke albeit his savant way with words sometimes confuse even the most difficult supporters. So with that in mind, Sven listens to Vik's speech without interruption. From the sounds of it Vik is gathering a small army. Although Vik hasn't said some key factors here to which Sven will bring to light.

"I understand that each major clan is allowed to build up their numbers to safeguard their members and their bloodlines. However, you failed to mention on why the sudden urgency. Care to elaborate on that for me?" Get to know the plan or at least some alternative motive behind this. Still as Sven pointed it out. Vik seems to be in a hurry to be gathering every Chinoike available including the modern branch. Worse case scenario, Sven suspects that either Chinoike are targeting another major clan(s), another organization, or worst. Targeting the Third Raikage herself. Although with that last suspicion Vik will have to try really hard to win Sven's favor.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm

As expected, Sven refused Vik's invitation (order?) to sit. He also rebutted Vik's position on the primacy of the clan. He didn't expect Sven to share his views, but perhaps he could at least persuade the man that working with him was in the best interest of "the people" of Kumogakure. Sven wanted to know the sudden urgency of the military build up and Vik decided that it would be prudent to tell him. The Chinoike Clan Leader was taking a major risk informing Sven of the clan's plans, but he knew that if he wanted to have any chance of success he'd need this man's help. Vik chose his words very carefully and continued:

"It goes without saying that what I am about to tell you is extremely confidential. If this conversation were to be repeated, I can assure you it would be destructive for a lot of people. Most of them innocent or at least far more innocent than you and I."

If Sven understood and agreed, he'd edify him on the reason for the Chinoike Clan's buildup.

"As I'm sure you know, the Orthodox Church of Jashin has been growing. Its been gathering influence and supporters from across the country. My wife, Shimiko Chinoike, is their chief defender. I think eventually the Church will become the dominant force in Lightning Country politics and I intend to ally with them. Should the Daimyo or others chose to turn against the Church in whatever it does...we will unconditionally back them"

It was a scandalous position to take, one that arguably bordered on treason, but Vik held up a hand so as to qualify his statement.

"Now I don't think it will come to that. I hope it doesn't come to that. But as Clan Leader it is my duty to be prepared for every eventuality and that includes making sure we are able to defend ourselves and our interests in the event of a...." It still pained him to say this. "Civil War"

Vik pointed a finger at Sven.

"Now you said that you wanted what's best for Kumogakure which includes not just your family but everyone in this village. The Church's star will continue to rise unless someone tries to stop them. And when that happens all hell will break lose. The Church will fight. Shimiko will fight. And when they do, they will win. But at what cost? The death and destruction of countless innocent lives? Our job is to use the Chinoike Clan's power and influence to convince everyone in this village that its better to just let the Church take power peacefully. You're a Jounin in this village and you're not as closely affiliated with the Clan plus you have the added benefit of not being married to the Church's most fanatical supporter so you have a great deal of credibility. Together, we could convince the other clans to support the Church and if necessary fight alongside it so that any Civil War is resolved quickly and with minimal bloodshed."

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:15 pm

If there is anything regarding Sven is that he is dedicated to his word. Sven hears Vik stating that what he's about to say is to remain silent beyond these walls. Understanding this, Sven nods his head in acknowledgement of the terms. Hearing the details of Vik's main concern is the Orthodox Church of Jashin. Their growth in numbers and influence has expanded rapidly over the years. At first it was subtle, just before Sven was even Chunin at the time. Then they've gradually expanded their power to where even Vik, and possibly a number of other major nation's are starting to take notice of this development.

Truthfully Sven can understand where Vik is coming from. Not to mention his wife is the Church's champion. As Vik is the clan leader, it is natural that he is preparing for the worst. Even as something as civil war. Even if the man claims that he hopes it doesn't come down to that, but if it does then Vik wants the clan and himself be ready for the storm. However, there was one thing that Sven was seeing here that Vik is trying to avoid the inevitable.

"It is true that the Church has been getting stronger, perhaps too strong for its own good. However, if war was to break out no matter how we try to mitigate the damage. Lives are guaranteed to be lost on both sides. The body count might be small, or it could be our entire nation's bodies." Sven paused as one of his hands raised up to touch the top of the chair that he was standing next to. Letting his words sink in Vik's stubborn head before continuing.

"My job and loyalty is to the people of Kumogakure yes. Ultimately however, my loyalty is to the Raikage. Now if say she has done some questionable deeds like certain nations have, then perhaps I'll turn my hand. However few mistakes Third Raikage has made, making Jashin a legal religion is perhaps the worst mistake that has happened." His other hand reaches in his shirt pocket over his left chest to remove a rather unique coin. It was brass with one side having the face of a female with her eyes closed. The other side was entirely blank that was polished so that it can be a mirror. With a flick of his thumb, the coin ascends into the air while flipping multiple times into a blur of brass. It even makes the noise often coins make that is oddly satisfying. Sven let's it descend onto his open palm. His icy blue eyes glanced at the coin to see the result and a small smile appears on his lips.

"In other words I cannot support this course of action. But regardless, let's both hope that precaution won't be necessary. If anything, the future remains out of our grasp until it becomes the present. Therefore, hidden factors may decide what happens to this Land of Lightning." For every plan, there is something that everyone didn't account for. This something could be an object, key figure, or uncovering some dark truth from ancient civilization. Still, Sven has given his answer and doesn't show uncertainty. Technically nothing drastic has happened yet, so Vik and Chinoike alike are safe until they commit the act. As well as any other individuals and clans that decides to join them. Either way, should that time comes, then Sven will stand to defend against the threat. It pains Sven that this will mean he will be going against his own people, but if it can't be helped then so be it.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Vik threw a pen across the side of his desk in annoyance. The action was violent and sudden, an reaction to him losing his composure. He gave Sven a dirty look and leaned back in his chair as he contemplated smacking the Lionheart. He insisted that he was loyal to the Kumo and Raikage over his Clan. The interests of the Chinoike paled in comparison to the good of the nation in this man's view. It ticked Vik off in a way that few things could. Usually the Scarlet Fever was a patient man who used honeyed words and charming flattery. Sven though had a way of getting under his skin. He accused Nariko of making a major mistake in legalizing the Orthodoxy.

He has a point there but what's done is done. The Church is here to stay and they've amassed enough power to credibly challenge her. Shimiko will tilt the balance of power in their favor if worse comes to worse......we can't afford to lose out on the opportunity it presents us.

Sven flipped a coin, allowed it to land in his palm, and then smiled at the result. Vik rolled his eyes in response and folded his arms as he listened to the man. The opposing Jounin made it clear that he would not support a coup against Nariko under the current circumstances. He mentioned hidden factors at play. He often liked to tease Vik that he didn't know as much as he often believed he did. The Chinoike Clan Leader shook his and replied:

"You stupid bastard. You're going to get yourself killed siding with Nariko. If worst comes to worst, I can't protect you if you don't follow my lead Sven. Your arrogant, naive, and loyal to a fault. If you don't bend you'll break. The only thing that matters in this world is Blood. We Chinoike know that better than anyone else. Reconsider the situation Sven and get bac-"

Before he could finish his sentence, his personal secretary burst into the room. Vik turned his ire on the woman. He had been sleeping with her but that didn't give her the right to intrude on a sensitive and personal meeting.

"What the hell woman?"

"Sir, its an emergency. Lady Mora is leading a contingent of Jashinists to the Raikage's Complex. They are protesting her arrest at the the Gates and are demanding that they answer for her decision. Its looking really bad....there are counter-protestors, the Raikage is moving shinobi from all around the village to form an Anti-Riot Squad, I think....I think...."

It was their worst nightmare come true. He had worried about this possibility endlessly and now it was coming to bear before their very eyes. Vik looked at Sven as if to say: See? I told you so.

He shooed his Secretary away.

"I will handle this personally. Tell the Clan to mobilize in full. Operation Pastor's Keeper is in full effect."

Vik stood from his desk and walked towards Sven. He faced the man directly and looked him in the eye.

"If I were you, I'd be on the right side when all of this blows up. We may have our differences but ultimately it will always be us or them. Choose wisely."

Vik then walked out of the office but before he left, he turned back to Sven and said:

"By the way, I didn't see you at the wedding. You really should give Shimiko a gift or something Lionheart. Its kinda rude not to."

Vik chuckled at his own glib and then walked out of the room.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm