Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: A lot
    Class: S
    Ryo: Enough

Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights Empty Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights

Post by Diana Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:28 pm

"I'm tellin' you hun, you'll be fine. As the head of one clan, the acting head of the other clan, AND had the previous kage's word your request is going to be approved."

The blonde-haired forgemaster Titania and her Tri-bloodline boss Diana sat in the waiting room of the Tsuchikage Complex, Diana having already sent a request for the meeting about Iwa's exclusive techniques weeks before and checked in an hour early just as a precaution. Titania had come in during some downtime to make sure her friend was doing okay, and at the moment Diana very much was not, having been fidgeting with a clay stress ball for several minutes. "Logically I know you are right, but emotionally I cannot help but worry." She'd crystalize the clay in her hand and put it in her shoulder bag for later.

Before he had fallen ill, Diana had hoped to have solved Masaru's issue of Verneuli Korikane so she could get the two techniques of her clans. That didn't pan out and while she eventually solved it, he had been struck by the sickness so many faced. Then, she had debated on asking Mitsu as she likely would honor the request, but like Masaru, Diana was struck with the illness as well for nearly a year, preserved in crystal and likely the only reasons she wasn't dead. Now, she was going to try again and ask for even more, and the thought of the illness that struck her and the kage before would rear it's head in some new and unknown way was an irrational fear, but one that she couldn't shake.

Titania gave Diana a reassuring smile. "Diana, if fate didn't want you to have these then by the Sage fate should have tried harder then some silly sniffles." She'd smack her palm with her fist. "You said yourself that these could be the key to a brighter happier future without the need for bloodshed; try focusing on that. At the very least it'll help improve morale within the clans."

Titania was right and it helped calm her a little, but until she was out of the building with what she came to get, she wouldn't let fate step on her this time. She just wondered who of the two Iwa Council Members she'd get today.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights Empty Re: Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:49 pm

Chen was aware that a high profile shinobi wanted to speak with the diarchy, or at least one half of it. What made this shinobi so noteworthy was that she was the clan leader of not one but two separate clans. The first was the Korikane Clan and the second more recent clan was that of the Kotoshura. Chen only knew of one man with the gumption and will to force two ninja clans under his authority. It was the only man that Chen had served without malice reeking in his heart. Masaru's status as dual clan leader was just one of the many traits that made him stand out to the world and Chen found himself somewhat annoyed that an upjumped kunoichi had done the same. He did not know this girl. He could recall no special feats nor attributes about her besides being politically hungry enough to take advantage of the power vacuum left behind by Yui. Despite the acrimony he felt towards the presumptuous crafter, he knew that his grasp on power was tenuous at best. He couldn't afford to alienate her regardless of how un-deserved her title was.

If she was ambitious then he could use that. Turn it into a weapon to wield against his foes. A certain albino Queen came to mind. He shifted the meeting to his own schedule and left Mitsu out of the loop. He kept Diana out in the waiting room with the intention of making her sweat and it would be a solid 20 minutes after their scheduled appointment before he let her in. The receptionist (a well blessed twenty year old goth girl) would then wave her in and go back to reading her ecchi doujinshi.

Once Diana entered the room, she'd be faced to face with Chen Kimyōnakama. The dark side of the Iwa Administration had shaggy black hair that reached his shoulders. He wore a jet black tunic with a black and grey Keffiyeh styled under his chin as though it were a scarf. Everything he wore was pressed, fitted, and polished. The only way you'd know he was a teenager was by his youthful appearance and slightly unkept hair. The room that he called his office was painted black, with a black desk and gothic furniture. A bouquet of dead roses sat at the left of his desk and a skull was used as a paperweight on the right. Whether it was just a well-designed prop or the actual artifact of some unfortunate soul was on a need-to-know basis.

Chen's elbows rested on the desk and his hands were steepled as he gazed into the eyes of the newcomer. He had an inkling of as to why the newly minted Kotoshura Clan Leader was here but he would let her confirm his suspicions.

"............"

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights Empty Re: Bothersome Bureaucratic Birthrights

Post by Diana Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Even as Diana continued to wait, her companion could not and after several minutes without any sign of the receptionist calling her, Titania had left with a thumbs up and a smile, of which Diana returned before focusing her mind and letting her third eye open to calm herself. It was an indulgence she was able to partake in more often now, though her research into creating a way for shinobi to keep it active without draining the user was...well she hadn't found a solution yet. So far focusing the sensory to just her eyesight, while promising, had not found purchase yet, and she had just delved into the possibility of trading one sense for sensory. But while it was an indulgence she did have a practical reason for it: confirmation for her paranoia. She had been waiting about ten minutes for her meeting, which while it wasn't strange as administration was always busy work, but what was strange was the lack of an explanation as to why her meeting was being held up. her being the head of two Clans of Iwa wouldn't have escaped notice of Iwa's Leaders, so what was going on?

Fifteen minutes, one fourth of an hour; no information. With two leaders and ninjutsu this event was an anomaly to her. She had heard the saying 'Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable' a few times when she had gone to the stone yard, and a politicians duty was to be punctual, which meant for whoever was meeting with her they had failed to do their diligence. Maybe they would give an explanation or maybe her paranoia of Fate trying to intervene was correct, but for now her time was being held up. while she hadn't needed five minutes for it, she had memorized the chakra signature of the receptionist, as well as the other signatures around her. None interested her too much, except for one. One that was likely going to be who she was meeting with. Strange.

Twenty minutes, one third of an hour. While her ability to trace high speed movements was impressive, it was her ability to trace low-speed, minute details from her years of craftsmanship that let her watch the slow movement of the sun's rays to pass the time once she had catalogued the unique signatures. Being able to track the sun for the exact time was a dying art with clocks becoming ubiquitous, but it was still strong within the Korikane Clan as the sun was a valuable tool they could use. It also gave her one final conformation that something wasn't right when the receptionist was on the dot as she called Diana up for her meeting. The Clan head would give a courteous, "Thank you." to the receptionist before heading inside to face the music.

And what visual music is was, very post-hardcore with a touch of classical and alternate punk. While Diana was wearing a simple outfit of solids; blue overcoat, white skirt, black undershirt & black pants; the boy before her was almost a greyscale reflection, as the eyeliner they wore made it difficult to tell what color their eyes were. But something she had not expected when she studied his body language was the look the teenager was giving her. Glum as they were they also held an intensity that she hadn't seen in several years now. A teen should not have that kind of look in their eyes, giving her another reason to stay determined. She had heard that the second of the diarchy was a boy named Chen, but the fact he was a teen with all five elements at their command was something she had not anticipated. Was it a bloodline, or pure training? Either way it was something to make a note of and not something to take lightly, even if she was older then him by at least a decade.

Giving a short bow, she'd speak to him. "Councilman Kimyōnakama Chen, before we begin I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to finalize the agreement both myself and the previous Kage Tatsudashi Masaru had made nearly three years prior from today." Diana would reach into a side pouch and pull out a small notebook, and before she continued. "As well as the accompanying requests regarding future access of Iwa's Exclusives for both the Korikane & Kotōshura clans, as well as Iwatomics Incorporated." She'd deliver it all in her monotone voice, almost as if she were giving an end-of-the-month report. Internally she was relieved so far as Fate hadn't struck them yet, but she would not let that guard drop. She knew Ijutsu now, if she or the councilman got sick, she had several ways to slow the virus down to get what she was promised.

If Chen had read the request Diana had sent in full, he would have known the agreement made by her and the Kage was that if Diana captured Verneuli Korikane (she had) and took up clan leadership she would receive proper access to the Iwa Kinjutsu and Pressure Points of Harm and Death techniques; the Clan request was over future access to each clan's specific exclusive technique without needing to request access from a kage or those acting in the Kage's stead (though they would still need approval from the clan head themselves or show sufficient chakra control); and Iwatomic's access to create derivative techniques for Iwagakure's Exclusives as a way to show both gratitude to Masaru's legacy, and so that Iwa may better defend itself from invasions.

Spoiler:

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am

Chen smirked when the business magnate bowed before him. The expression lasted a micro-second before being overtaken by a dull and inexpressive stare. She certainly knew how to address her betters. Good. Diana then proceeded to bring up her previous arrangement with Masaru Tatsudashi. Chen was generally familiar with the terms. He had reviewed the request and pulled the necessary paperwork prior to their meeting. He suspected there was a greater ask in the background but he wouldn't press that point just yet.

Chen continued to stare blankly as he contemplated how best to humiliate Diana for her ignorance. Part of the crafter's request was now moot. Diana might not have known this because she was in a coma, but the previous leader of the Kotoshura Clan had been given the Iwagakure Kinjutsu by Mitsukira. If Chen recalled correctly, the individual was a student of her's and he assumed that the gift was a pathetic attempt to win his friendship. He considered revoking the act out of spite but knew that he could not without offending one of the most powerful clans in Iwagakure. He had allowed the sleeping dog to lie and now came another pup seeking to gnaw on its bone. The other items were worth a negotiation but not before he set Diana straight.

Chen, with his hands still steepled, spoke with a monotone voice.

"I cannot give what's already been given. If by Kotōshura Clan Exclusives you are referring to the technique formerly known as the Iwagakure Kinjutsu....your household already possesses knowledge of it. It has been wiped from Iwa's records and now solely rests in your hands as clan leader. Irrespective of whatever deal you had with my sensei, my lesser half has decided to bequeath the exclusive back to the Kotōshura....not that I'd expect you to know that as the clan leader"

The sarcastic remark was delivered with deadpan humor. Chen unsteepled his hands and sat back in his chair. At no point did he break eye contact or give any indication that he was upset with Diana. He was simply stating facts. Cold, hard and unkind facts.

"As for the rest....do humor me....explain in precise terms what deal you had with my sensei and why I should honor it"

Chen didn't find this woman impressive. Whatever her resume read, it would not move him. He was only interested in what she could do for him and Iwa. In that order.

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:00 pm

Chen's demeanor did not alter Diana's own in the slightest, his look a familiar face in her mirror almost every day until recently. No, that was not correct. It was familiar in the way two twins looked when smiled in unison; the outer facial features of a smile were the same, but the internal emotions were different. When Diana looked into a mirror, she saw very little emotion from herself from a lifetime of running. When Diana looked at the child before her, she saw what she could have become in her youth had she decided to rebel. Perhaps it was for the best she ran, but that was in the past; she could dwell on those thoughts in the future to pass the time.

Listening to Chen speak it more or less confirmed her theory that she was made late on purpose, the backhanded remark something no regular official would use, but the fact he did this shed light on him. Arrogance, superiority, and most concerning cunning. Her original approach of appealing to the man's good faith and/or kindness was moot, and once he had asked for the 'precise terms', Diana knew her next angle. "I see. It seems that the acting logistics manager of the clan had not seen fit to inform me of this when I took up the clan head position yesterday despite our meeting. It is good to hear that one of my requests has been taken partially care of, and I thank you for informing me of this even though it should have been another to have done so." She would have to treat him as a client, simple as that. She would show no more emotion that what would need to be shown to a unruly customer, her mind that of a businesswoman.

She would continue this staring contest with him as she speak once more. "Our terms were simple and to the point; In exchange for the knowledge of my heritage and birthrights; those birthrights being both the Iwa Kinjutsu and the Pressure Points of Harm and Death, I would assist Iwagakure by reuniting the Korikane and providing my services as both a buisnesswoman and a craftswoman." She took a breath before continuing. "Both the capture of Verneuli Furakkusu Korikane as well as becoming the Clan head of the Korikane were part of the reuniting effort, of which has been completed to the best of my ability while still honoring the other half of his request." As far as Diana was aware of, there were no more Korikane outside of Iwagakure who had not forsaken their heritage. There were always going to be outliers as Iwa had been in shambles for several years, but she had kept an ear open at the Heavenly Emporium for that sort of thing.

"As for why you should honor it, I had assumed it was as obvious as a councilman knowing who handles a clan's exclusives when they do not have a proper clan head, but we cannot all be fully aware of what goes on in our respective dominions." She would wait a second to let her comment sink in before continuing. "There are several reasons as to why you should: Respect for the decisions of one's former Sensei and Kage; Business logic as to honor a precious agreement puts one in a favorable light with the other party; but I believe that you will because of Mitsukira Tatsudashi and her sway over the clans. She has something you do not have, the favor of the Kotōshura; even before I had taken up the role of clan head they favored her, and they likely will favor her even more with the Kinjutsu in hand. However, the Korikane as a whole have no such favor to either councilmember as they have waited to see if either of you live up to Masaru Tatsudashi. If you were to honor the request, then you would have more sway over one more clan your lesser."

She would pause one more time to let her body catch up with her mind. "There is one other reason...what do you believe would happen if you did not hold up the agreement? If your lesser also did not? Humor Me." Though her voice did not change, she'd watch for his reaction, no matter how subtle, to see if he truly understood why she had brought this point up. It was a point she didn't want to bring up, but it was one she needed to as it had weighed on her mind ever since Meijing.

Spoiler:

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:02 am

Chen noted how diplomatic she was being. He had blithely insulted her and yet she responded cordiality and confidence. It was nice to see Iwa shinobi that weren't so easily riled up. He decided that Diana would be a reliable ally to have against Mitsukira as he could count on this one's self-interest as opposed to their emotional predictions. She went on to remind him of the "debt" that Masaru had passed down to him regarding this deal. Iwa's end of the bargain remained unfulfilled and Chen was sure that if he checked the records, he'd find both the evidence of the deal and Diana's completion of her obligations.

When turning to the subject of why he should honor those obligations, he was met with a combination of snark, solid reasoning, and even a veiled threat. Chen sat and stared as Diana broke it down for him. Mitsukira was Masaru's wife. She already had an ear with both the Tetsudashi and Tatsuda Clans. The Kotōshura favored her due to her proximity with the previous clan head and of course due to the gift she had bestowed upon them. Chen remained unmoved but he placed a single hand on his desk and drummed his fingers on the tough wood. Irritating.. She had made a compelling case and though he hated to admit it, she was correct. He was better off giving her what she wanted. It would bring credibility to his name and would secure the Korikane Clan's ties to him. The hypothetical she posed caused him to roll his eyes in disdain.

"I'd imagine....if you were intelligent. You'd leave the village and leave Iwa without two of its most powerful clans. If you were unintelligent you would try to take it by force."

Chen spoke without commitment or care. It was as if either option was of zero consequence.

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Internally Diana breathed a sigh of relief as she listened to Chen's musings on what could happen, glad that the weight was unfounded for the time being. Either he did not know, did not care, or was holding the knowledge closer then expected; likely the first and second given his eye roll. Externally though she frowned slightly at his response, as while it was one of several expected responses, it was one of the more disappointing options she expected from the man. He took the route that assumed she was a power-hungry child, someone who could throw a temper-tantrum at the slightest whim they did not get their way. It was the response of a village who lost a clan already due to poor management and then suffered a loss against the nation the lost clan went to. It made more sense to her now why she did not hear much favorable stories about Mr. Kimyōnakama now, but that would not stop her.

"Those are options I could take, yes, but ones I cannot help but feel disappointed in hearing, even if I can understand why that would be the conclusion you have come to. Why would I punish an entire village for the faults of their leaders? Why would I punish those I myself lead, tearing them away from the homes and friends they care deeply for? Why should I punish those who have been given a job under my purview just because a deal fell through? That is not only bad for a village I have considered my second home for several years, but also bad for those I willingly put under my responsibility."

Her monotone voice wavered slightly as it took a more defined emotion to it, one of conviction. Yes it would also reflect badly on her leadership skills if she chose those two options, but that wasn't at the front of her mind. No, what was bothering her was something she held closer then her freedom, her responsibility.

"No, instead I would take a step back; come up with a new agreement; and present it to the council, as any wise adult should do. I am not Yui Kotōshura or Verneuli Korikane; while both were good shinobi in their specific fields, neither were mature enough for the job of clan leader. If what I have been told of Yui by my clansmen before she retired, she seemed to have understood that by the end of her tenure, unlike my crystal predecessor, and I respect her for it." Even now she was unsure if she was good enough to lead two different clans, but she had taken them all the same. Maybe someday she would need to resort to Chen's line of thought, but she doubted it would happen while she was clan head.

Diana would take a deep breath, sliding her right hand (palm faced upwards) up and down her core two times to recollect herself, her voice returning to it's original, bland, mono tone. "Now, I believe that we have talked long enough about our humorous topics councilman, are there any other concerns you have over the agreement, or shall we finalize the first request and move on to the second?"

Spoiler:

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Chen wasn't buying Diana's holier-than-thou speech. She gave off the impression that she was compassionate enough to care about the people under her rule. Those that would have more to lose if she chose to remove her clans from Iwagakure. Chen wasn't convinced that she cared about them but if that's the story she wanted to tell then he'd sit quietly and listen, although his eyes were as judgmental as ever. What she said next was a positive though.

She appeared to be acknowledging Yui's weakness. The woman's ill-temper was so severe and uncontrollable that it had bifurcated her mind. Diana made it clear she wouldn't betray Iwa but would instead try to work with Chen. The fact that she wasn't threatening him with more severe alternatives suggested that she was willing to set aside pride and anger. She'd work towards her best interest, regardless of her feelings. This was the exact sort of trait he looked for in a reliable ally. He thought back to her offer from earlier and nodded.

"Very well. As I've already explained to you, the Iwakagure Kinjutsu is no longer in this village's hands. As for the Pressure Points of Harm and Death, I'm going to deny that request for now pending further investigation on your accomplishments thus far. Which leaves us with your request regarding your company. A company I haven't heard of and have even less reason to trust with our exclusives"

Chen let a silence hang in the air before continuing:

"This is the part where you tell me about your business and what plans you have for Iwa's exclusives"

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:09 pm

To hear him partially deny the requests regarding her bloodlines, while a right pain, was something she could still work with. Diana had lived her life without them and was still alive, and she still had more time to convince him later down the line. And if he was trying to lead her around in circles, well she did have the other councilwoman, a last resort if anything.

"Very well." She was pretty sure her accomplishment alone wouldn't be enough, most of her fame came from her craftsman work and not combat, but she knew she was was decently well known if asked by an average shinobi. Maybe not the average person, she used to be that, but after the illness she was more likely to be thought dead as she oh-so-wonderfully found out from her neighbors.

Her voice & demeanor would shift slightly, becoming a mix of her when she needed to lead her clans, and that of a proper businesswoman. She was, in a sense, trying to sell her idea to him, but still needed the presence of her status within the village as many politicians seemed to care about that. "Iwatomics Incorporated is a business that was started several years ago by myself in an effort to assist in uniting the Korikane Clan, as well as assisting with the Shinobi War effort by creating items shinobi could use, be they armor, weapons, or tools such as communication devices. The store also employs those who are unable to fight, be they Iwa residents or refugees from the war as needed."

"As for the plans regarding Iwagakure's exclusives, We plan to expand on what said techniques can do for Iwa. Since expanding into kugutsu I have been looking into ways to reiterate on older techniques for more specialized use, and that includes exclusive techniques due to their static nature. What were to happen if one knew both the Earth Golem and the Iwa Kinjutsu? Could one create a weaker golem that did not require Bakuton chakra nor a chakra upkeep; in a similar way to how a Kotōshura can create & maintain a clay dragon? How much more could the Camo technique be improved? Chakra is not the only energy a person gives off after all as I have found in my studies of the sensory technique. And while Iwagakure has powerful techniques, what if we were to make weaker versions of the techniques our less qualified shinobi could learn to both better defend Iwa, but also prove they can handle the proper techniques?"

She'd lean forward slightly, and she dropped the buisnesswoman act for the head of two very renowned clans. She hadn't wanted to play this card, but she felt like she had no choice given the path this meeting had gone so far. "After all, Iwagakure has already taken heavy losses as a consequence of both the war and other throes of time. And while it is rather pessimistic of me, I do not believe Iwagakure as a whole could take another loss of such scale any time soon; perhaps not even one half as dire." And then, like it was nothing, she leaned back and put back on her buisnesswoman act. "That is why I have made this proposal through Iwatomics Incorporated instead of just myself, as that way you and your fellow councilmember can monitor the techniques & their derivatives as you see fit, as well as decide which should be made for shinobi use."

:

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:25 am

The worst thing that Diana could do is appeal to Mitsukira after Chen had already rejected her. The darker half of the Diarchy wasn't in competition with the peacenik, but he took any sign that her word was worth more than his to be a grave provocation. Just the thought of anyone asking Mitsu's opinion on anything, even the weather, made him irritated. Diana did seem to be trying to convince him though. She took him seriously and appeared to graciously accept his push-back when he gave it. She was an accomplished woman to be sure, but more important was that she paid her dues to him.

The Iwatomics company sounded like an attempt to muscle in on the market that had been cornered by the Eclipse Federation and the Stag Emporium. It was a decent business but it wasn't without its risk. Damien Dahrk can attest to that... The company would operate similar to Damien's in that it was geared towards assisting in Iwa's military growth. Diana was filled with ideas on how to improve on the village's exclusives. If she could provide satisfactory answers to her rhetorical questions then her business would be a boon to Iwa. It might also draw unwanted attention....

Chen narrowed his eyebrows in disappointment when Diana brought up the heavy losses the country suffered as of late. The humiliating Farfour Accords and the nation's subpar performance throughout the Shinobi World War was proof enough. Chen didn't like being reminded of his failures and he resisted the urge to growl in response. He was the head of the nation's government and so the Earth Country's failings were at least partially his own. She was right. The quality and capacity of the military had to be increased, by any means necessary. Diana bringing up his "fellow councilmember" poked a sore spot. This proposal was valuable and could be a major ace in his political pocket. He wanted all of the glory that came with such a plan and he didn't want to share it with Mitsu. There was of course the risk that something went gravely wrong or that Diana had nefarious plans of her own. If that was the case, then the inevitable blowback would fall on his head. Chen exhaled as though annoyed. Leadership was tiring. He now understood why his sensei blew off steam by impaling the heads of criminals.

"Fine. I will give you access to four exclusives of your choice. See to it that your programs are black budget and are conducted with the utmost secrecy and discretion. If our exclusives fall into the wrong hands then you and your company will be held responsible. This will be an ANBU affiliated program which means it falls under my jurisdiction. You will tell Mitsukira nothing of this and you will report directly to me. If I see evidence of your skill or significant progress, I will give you full access to Iwagakure's Exclusive Library"

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 am

Perhaps she had pushed her hand a bit much. She knew that the Farfour Accords were a sore spot for almost everyone in Iwagakure, but pain was a good motivator to move towards a brighter future, even if it was a form of motivation she did not like to employ. Fear and pain were negative reinforcements, good in the short term but rarely lasted in the long term, and as such she preferred making bonds instead of straining them. She was pretty sure that the kind of bond she would make with Chen was going to be strained to the limit if not eventually break, but given he was in power she would have to make that bond hold.

Yet, even so it looked like she had made the correct call in pushing the advantage she held as Iwatomics gained a new contract of sorts. The buzzwords concerned her somewhat, black budget; utmost secrecy; ANBU affiliated, but it was not unexpected either. Diana was, at least in the eyes of Iwagakure Law, not a citizen of Iwa, but an affiliate guest of the Kage himself per their agreement. It was one of the barriers she was willing to accept as a businesswoman, and given her status she would likely be able to fulfil the request even better then a citizen of the state itself, given a small part of her revenue came from sales outside Iwa. Overall, it was better then she had hoped.

Diana gave a small nod, and put on a business smile. "These terms are acceptable, and Iwatomics Incorperated will do its best to uphold our side of the agreement. Here are the four techniques I plan on studying," She would have Chen a piece of paper, the writing made of chakra ink, "And a simple unsealing technique will remove the writing in case you need to dispose of the evidence." She would pause, running down a quick mental checklist to make sure she hadn't missed anything. "With the completion of the third request, I have nothing more to bring to this current meeting. If you do not have anything else you wish to add, then at your behest I request that I may be dismissed to go gather the four techniques in question, begin work on their optimization, and to leave you to your work in peace once more."

Already she was thinking up ways to try and improve on the techniques she was allowed to access, though her face stayed the same, buisnesswoman neutral (the smile having left her face now) and waited for the councilmember to add his final thoughts.

Bookkeeping & tech requests:

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:34 pm

Chen peered at the piece of paper containing the jutsu in question. He nodded and made a shooing gesture. He was done with this interaction. He pulled out a book from his desk drawer and began to read it. Chen enjoyed reading and this job required a great deal of it. Once Diana had left, he'd put in an order with the appropriate people allowing her to pick up the requested exclusives. He hoped for her sake that she knew what she was doing. Iwa could desperately use the power-up and it could not afford any more embarrassing mishaps.

[End Thread]

(Diana has been granted the requested exclusives and may claim them.)

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:34 am

Once Chan gave the gesture to leave, she would give a short but respectful bow, then made an about-face and left the room, holding her composure as she left. She'd give Chen's receptionist a small nod of acknowledgement as she walked passed them, and it wasn't until she had made it out of the building that her façade broke, needing to sit down on a bench and take several minutes to breathe. Sure, in the moment to moment when it came to work she could hold her own as was necessary, but it was not something she enjoyed; even if her face stayed neutral during her mental recovery. Still, two out of three was a success, so while it did not mean she could leave Iwagakure to expand her business quite yet outside of the Land of Earth, it did allow her some time to refine what she already had going on in Iwa already.

After several more minutes, Diana would recompose herself, stand back on her two feet, and make her way over to the vault to pick up the techniques she was granted. She knew chen's aura now, and next time it wouldn't catch her. As she made her way over to pick the four up, she'd give her second hand woman a call through her linkpearl.

"Titania, this is Diana. The meeting with Councilman Chen is over. Are you able to speak right now?" It took a little bit, but Diana could hear the sounds of her friend fumbling with getting the pearl working on her end before a voice came through. "That I am, glad to hear he didn't eat'cha head right off of ya. But tell me hon, how'd it go?"

Her forgemaster really was a wonderful friend. To think they were once roommates."It went rather well, all of the things considered. While I would enjoy sharing what was talked about, I would prefer to talk more about the meeting over some tea, as some of the topics were rather personal; you know how politicians are." She'd smirk, knowing most who did hear her would assume she was talking about something other the military secrets. "That I do, that I do. I'll let'cha pick the tea up, and I'll keep the water hot for ya so I can enjoy that spice!"

"See you there Titania." Deactivating her pearl, she'd head off to pick up the 'tea', before actually getting just that; some nice Darjeeling for the coming business discussion.

{Exit}
    Bookkeeping:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm