Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Old and New

Shin
    Shin

Village : Iwagakure

Old and New Empty Old and New

Post by Shin Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:01 pm

His eyes scoured the dark expanse before him, the setting sun beautifying the mountain expanse with the wind picking up speed. His coat made the wind less of a factor, though there wasn’t much he’d eventually be able to do about the eventual night sky. Shin had grown up in this land, perhaps not this location, but the country. The Land of Earth felt familiar to him, but he’d never really travelled these lands during a period he could remember. His home… he had been forced to leave that when his parents had taken him when he was eleven. Now, an entire ten years later he had returned. He wasn’t sure where he would find home, but Kumogakure no Sato had never filled that void. Perhaps Iwagakure no Sato would fill that in, but the crimson eyed man was unsure that would happen.

With a sigh, he turned his eyes away from the landscape before him and instead straight ahead to the ground just a few meters ahead of him. Shin had decided upon taking a quick break before he would eventually continue on the path until night fully set in. Then, it was just a question of if he wanted to continue for a few more hours or rest for the night before resuming his journey when the sun would remake its appearance. “Where did you go?” It was a rhetorical question that would, likely, never be answered. The mystery of his parents’ disappearance had been something he had always wondered about, yet over the years as he grew older it became less and less of a concern of his. In actuality, he likely wouldn’t care at this point if the answer ever arose. Shin just simply wanted an answer to a question that had been plaguing his mind – a question he felt would always remain that way. He needed something to take his mind off of them and returning home likely wouldn’t help that matter too much – but this was something he knew he had to do.

CP: 10/110 From Traveling

Mitsukira

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iryojutsu, Sensory, Ninjutsu, Raiton, Fuuton, Doton, Jūryoton
    Class: A
    Ryo: Time and Space

Old and New Empty Re: Old and New

Post by Mitsukira Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:21 pm

Mitsu had been out preparing to enjoy the sunset, it was something she often did now that Masaru was in a coma. The passing and dawning of the days were something that reminded her of her husband, and brought her a small amount of comfort. She had dressed for the cool evening air, and her red leather outfit was mostly obscured by the large fur lined cloak that had matching gold embroidery and small green jewels. When she had the outfit made she had insisted on the emeralds, paying particular attention to the shade of green, she had wanted them to match the hue of Masaru’s eyes. And she was glad now that she had, with his eyes closed for so long wearing the cloak and bodice gave her memories of the mischievous glint in his eyes. It made stealth somewhat more difficult, but she was not overly concerned with that. For the most part the Land of Earth was a safe place to travel alone, with crime all but wiped out.

As she walked up the mountain path she thought she heard a voice and instinctively activated her sensory ability. It took only a few moments for her to scan her immediate range and find a chakra signature that she did not recognize up ahead. Not recognizing someone’s chakra signature was not a new thing for her, she’d been getting into the habit of using her sensory more often so that when events such as this arose she did recognize it. But to think that she could possibly memorize everyone’s chakra networks was a ridiculous notion that even she didn’t subscribe to. She would feel at her belt for her tessen, she doubted she would need to use them, but it would be stupid of her to walk around unarmed regardless. Making her way around a large pile of rocks she would see a man with flaming red hair and her reddish pink eyes would light up, she had intended to spend the evening feeling sorry for herself on the mountain alone. But she did enjoy company and so she would walk towards the man as she greeted him. “Hello there, traveller! And here I thought I had the whole mountain to myself this evening.” Her words were spoken in jest, her voice melodic and cheerful as she called out to the stranger while continuing to approach.

[Activated Sensory]

Dancing Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Post by Shin Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Bored crimson eyes continued to wander listlessly. Ever since having left Kumogakure no Sato, Shin had little to no contact with any other individual. Though, that was not saying much when he compared it to with whom he interacted with in the Land of Lightning for the past ten years. Simply put, it was easy enough for Shin to make up the difference within a month or two of constant interactions with people – something that he would need to do to return home. Iwagakure no Sato definitely had, once, fit that bill. It remained to be seen if it would a decade later. Regardless of which of the two countries – Lightning and Earth – he was in, the fact would continue to remain he would be alone, which was fine by him.

A distant, yet fairly close, sound reached his ears. A person at that. Female, if he went by tonality alone. The greeting seemed friendly, yet Shin would not be one to prescribe it as such right away. Deception could always be at play from just about anyone, for anything. Closing his eyes for a brief moment, Shin stood to his full height from his sitting position, which was not the most imposing figure, and turned to face the direction the voice came from. Crimson orbs locked on to the figure near immediately. The individual clad in red leather seemed to give him a sense of a friendly encounter was to be had, but still he couldn’t be sure. Regardless, he remained rooted in his spot, not in a full guard, but still prepared. “There’s plenty of mountains around, surely there would be an individual or two.” The accuracy of his statement was questionable, for he did not know the landscape of this country well, for his judgement was clouded with the childhood goggles he had of home. “I’m Muramatsu Shin… and you are?” His words came out neutral, only a hint of curiosity within them. He did not know this person, nor did he know how well he could trust them alone in the mountains.

Mitsukira

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iryojutsu, Sensory, Ninjutsu, Raiton, Fuuton, Doton, Jūryoton

Post by Mitsukira Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:44 pm

The man with the flame coloured hair was not exactly giving off ‘approach me’ vibes. But that didn’t stop Mitsu, she was used to that sort of reaction to her friendliness and took it in stride, even his remark about there likely being other people around. In her experience there wasn’t usually, at least not anymore. A year ago maybe, before the war. But now people were scared and either kept to large groups if they absolutely needed to travel, or mostly just didn’t travel at all. She kept her opinion to herself for the most part, not wanting to bring the subject of the war up just yet, not with a perfect stranger anyway. “Well I suppose that makes you the lucky individual and I’m the two.” She grinned as she spoke, hoping to at least get a smile at her awkward attempt at humour.

She drew herself up to her towering height of five foot four and outstretched her arms joyously. “Nice to meet you Shin! I’m Mitsukira Tatsudashi, but you can call me Mitsu. All my friends do. And my cousin Jethro, who is also my friend, just needed to clarify that. Didn’t mean to make it sound like I wasn’t friends with my own cousin. Anyway. What are you doing up here on this beautiful morning?” She gave a graceful bow as she introduced herself, righting herself again and waiting for the man’s answer. Hoping that it wasn’t something like ‘I was up here hoping for some quiet alone time’.

Dancing Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Post by Shin Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:03 pm

The woman, who had now introduced herself as Mitsukira Tatsudashi, was giving off energy… too much energy if one was to ask Shin and he answered the inquiry with pure honesty. Her exagerations, statements and motions were definitely of a nature not too familiar to Shin for the past decade. The woman seemed to be one who would make friends of anyone, if it was not a façade, and Shin hadn’t encountered many people like that during his time in Kumogakure no Sato. During his childhood, when he lived here, there were children he met that gave off the same energy as this grown woman, so it was not an entirely new scenario to deal with, just one he no longer knew how to.

Regardless of the woman telling him to call her Mitsu, Shin would not. He knew nothing about this woman except her name and that her friends and cousin Jethro – who was also her friend – called her Mitsu. What did that information have to do with anything? Likely nothing that would ever matter to Shin. Though Mitsukira Tatsudashi may, potentially, be able to help him find Iwagakure no Sato… however, with her not knowing the time of day – mentioning it was a beautiful morning, when in fact it was the evening – has Shin questioning if she could actually be of help for his quest.

“Well, I would say it’s a nice evening. Personally, I cannot recall how the morning looked earlier today. It has been a long day of travelling for myself, Tatsudashi-san.” His voice remained neutral as before, with Shin’s hands remaining open at his sides. His eyes turned from the woman before him and then looking towards the setting sun. “As for what I’m doing up here… just trying to find my way back home. It’s been over a decade since I have last been in these lands.” He took a pause, before returning his attention towards the stranger. “And what brings you here Tatsudashi-san?”

Mitsukira

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:05 pm

A look of confusion would cross Mitsu’s features as she tried to make sense of what Shin had just said to her. Did he just say it was evening? She would look around at the sky, confusion turning to concern. She had spent so many sleepless days at Masaru’s side that her concept of time was truly turned upside down. The other part of her confusion came from what he called her ‘Tatsudashi-san’. While it was technically accurate, it wasn’t the type of friendliness that Mitsu was used to. Nearly everyone she had ever met had at least called her Mitsukira, except Chen who threw in some other colourful names in place of any she identified with. The formality was slightly off putting to her, but in her usual way she laughed it off and shook her head at her own mistake. “I really should be sleeping I suppose, I mean in general. Apparently I’m all turned around.”

At the mention of ‘home’ Mitsu would perk up, this would make. . . four. Four displaced people she had discovered recently. It wasn’t overly surprising to her, given that the war had many within the Land of Earth relocating, but she was happy that she had been able to help. “Home you say? Where is home for you, I might be able to help.” She hoped she could, being able to help people was one of her foremost joys in life. “As for what I’m doing, I thought I was going to enjoy the sunrise, a habit I developed since Mas. . .” She would look down and away as she almost said ‘Masaru fell ill.’ It hurt too much to say it outloud still, and she swallowed the lump of grief that had made its way into her throat before continuing. “Just a habit. Although it looks like maybe instead of that I should have just slept.”

Dancing Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Post by Shin Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:25 pm

Shin spotted a look of confusion cross Mitsukira’s expression. He had not said anything wrong, he supposed. Though, as she spoke, he attributed the confusion the woman faced with her misperception of the time of day. Shin couldn’t relate to facing such an experience at any point in his life, thus far. Perhaps when he was a young child taking a nap during the winter months, where the days were shortened, then maybe he had faced a similar situation to that of Mitsukira’s current state of mind. Though that would be attributed to more sleep, rather than the lack thereof. Whatever seemed to be plaguing the woman before him, really wasn’t a concern of his. Whatever it was, was beyond what Shin had the right or want to know of, for this woman’s personal situation did not concern him. “Well, you’ve clearly missed the sunrise, unless of course you want to wait hours for tomorrow’s sunrise.” It was a small jest, something Shin was unacquainted with doing, which was clear by his tone.

“Home… well it was the Muramatsu clan district, once upon a time. For the past ten years, it had involuntarily been the Land of Lightning. Now, I’m not so sure anymore.” Upon the words escaping his mouth, Shin realized he had said far more than was necessary. All he truly needed was to find a way back to his old home… and then he’d have to see what truly was a home to him. The woman looked in pain when she was speaking, misery seemed to be the word he’d ascribe to her state, yet his mind still remained on the fact he should not – and will not – impart any comment on a situation that did not affect him.

Mitsukira

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:29 am

Mitsu would laugh at Shin’s joke, it was funny, although it did get her thinking that maybe staying out to watch the actual sunrise wouldn’t be such a terrible idea. It didn’t feel right somehow though, waiting outside to watch the sun crest over the mountains and turn the night to day. Not without Masaru. With a sigh she would shake her head and force a smile onto her face. “Another time perhaps, it’s a long time to wait.”

Her nose would crinkle up as she focused on remembering what the ‘Muramatsu clan district’ was. After a few seconds she recalled it being among the list of districts in Iwa that had been sent supplies recently, after the war. Realization would dawn on Mitsu’s face and her forced smile would turn genuine as she spoke excitedly. “Oh! So you’re from Iwagakure then! Well I know where that is, I just came from there. But. . .” She sighed again, as she knew she couldn’t just lead someone there without some type of knowledge of what they planned on doing once in the village. “I can lead you there, however before I do I need to know some things from you. What are your intentions within Iwagakure? And before you answer, know that it may have changed since last you were there. Crime is not tolerated, by any sense of the word.”

Dancing Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Post by Shin Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 pm

The genuine excitement that radiated off of Mitsukira slightly threw Shin off, for he didn’t really expect that reaction upon his statement of what home had been. Like he had said, the former resident of Iwagakure no Sato was not sure where home was for him now, but it was something he needed to find out for himself. If that ended up being Iwagakure no Sato, then it was a simple solution of settling in the village. The question still remained about his missing parents, regardless of if he would stay or not in regards to Iwagakure no Sato. Though, he supposed, he would more than likely get answers to their whereabouts or just simply what happened to them, should he stick around.

Her excitement was short-lived, however, for the sigh that followed seemed to be more towards the reaction Shin had been expecting. There was simply no way he’d get back to Iwagakure no Sato without having to divulge some more information. However, the statement she stated, had shin questioning the process entirely. ‘His intentions within Iwagakure.’ That wasn’t something he hadn’t thought about much; his return was simple – returning home potentially. The change in policy wasn’t something he was too concerned with – he had been too young, a child, when he had last been year. What care did he have back then for the laws? As for the present him, it would be simple to abide by such regulations.

“You could call it a homecoming, I suppose. I left Kumogakure to find home and if Iwagakure isn’t that, then I don’t know what is anymore. And… I have some more personal matters to attend to. Family matters, if you wish to call it that.” Hopefully, Shin hoped, that would be enough for Mitsukira to lead him to the village. If worst came to worse, he would divulge the disappearance of his parents – and thus his being in Kumogakure – should the need for it arise.

Mitsukira

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:39 pm

“The Land of Earth will always welcome back her children.” Mitsu spoke seriously, but there was an undeniable spark of joy in her eyes. She hadn’t been particularly helpful during the war, she couldn’t wake Masaru, but she could help lead Iwa’s people back to their homes. If that was all she ever accomplished, reuniting the Children of Earth with their homeland, then it would be enough. “I will take you there Shin. It’s only a few hours away, we should make it there before full dark.” She would turn and gesture for Shin to follow her as she made her way back down the mountain. Should he follow she would regale him with all the stories and folklore she had heard of the area, as well as continued references to her cousin Jethro and her other cousin Stefan from the Land of Wind.

Upon reaching the gates Mitsukira would gesture broadly at the stone behemoths and in her melodic voice address Shin, assuming he was still with her. “Welcome home, Shin.” She would then walk through the gates, smiling and waving at the guards.

[Exit Thread]

Dancing Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Post by Shin Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Unlike what Shin had expected, more questions based upon the answers he provided, he welcomed the unexpected. Eventually, he figured, she would deduce what he meant by family matters, whether she realized it upon her own with some digging, or with further probing. It would, eventually, become a situation where he wouldn’t mind going into detail to those questions, once he had a concrete solution to the puzzle that remained. Regardless of him not caring much for her cousin Jethro and another named Stefan, from the Land of Wind, Shin would still listen to her tales of the area. It was both new and refreshing for him, for he could remember some things, but clearly most of his knowledge had been lost due to that of being in a foreign land.

‘Welcome home, Shin.’ He still was unsure if it would feel like such a thing, but there was no other way to find out then following the only person, currently, who could help him out. “One can only hope.” He would mutter to himself, but loudly he would state, “Thank you, Tatsudashi-san.” He would nod to the guards, following after Mitsukira to return back to Iwagakure no Sato.

[exit thread]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am