Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Way-hay, Up She Rises

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Way-hay, Up She Rises Empty Way-hay, Up She Rises

Post by Hana Kaguya Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Appearance:

After settling into her cabin she returned to the deck around sundown. The water calmed giving the sailors the green light to head back into their quarters for the day. They covered some decent ground, outside of the Land of Water's waters and to the open sea. Hana has been out for over a year without any memory of the months that passed. One day she was conscious again in some shack outside of Kirigakure near the waterfront. The shack had food storage, a bed, and basic commodities. She was living alone out there for who knows how long. Her memory slowly restored over time, though ultimately she felt brand new. Her skills were soft. She forgot what pain felt like. Even her gear felt quite cumbersome. As former Mizukage she knew there were high expectations for her ability to perform, so Hana didn't have any time to waste getting back in shape.

Gripping her titanium katana Hana drew it from its scabbard. Wrapping both hands around its base she extended the blade out before her. Raising her arms over her head she'd execute a standard downwards stroke before returning to guard. She'd repeat the same maneuver once more, however reversing her strike to an upwards stroke before returning to guard. The feel of such a great sword in her hands, her body's muscles working once again in a familiar manner, and her feet shuffling in coordination with each other. Soon it was all coming together. The feeling of being a dangerous weapon of war. Standing still as the sea breeze ran through her hair, ventilating the heat trapped within her armor, an audible rumble would break the silence. Hana's abdomen clenched as hunger began to set in. I hope they sell burgers on this ship.

Technique Used:

Champion's Blade | C-rank
    Great Cleave | B-rank

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: A (A++ Physical)
    Stamina: A
    Speed: B+
    Coordination: A (A+ w/Katana) (A++++ w/Champion's) (S++ w/Great Cleave)
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A

Chakra Usage: 254/260

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Way-hay, Up She Rises Empty Re: Way-hay, Up She Rises

Post by Chigetsu Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 pm

Appearance:

It was an odd trip. There was a certain amount of unease in Chigetsu - Of course, there always was. But right now it seemed amplified, unstable energy that rolled around inside of him. Partly he just wished he could be alone, back home in his room sleeping comfortably under the blankets in his be. After his victory in the Chunin Exams he had taken an extended vacation from Shinobi life. Or maybe ‘stay-cation’ was a better way to phrase it. It was mostly just him returning to his life as a NEET. Apparently that was changing now though, as if driven by fate.

He was sitting here on this ship watching the former Mizukage, Hana Kaguya, play around with her katana. Technically he was probably supposed to be her guard or something on this mission, since the people of the Land of Iron probably hated her to such an extent that there was the chance she might be attacked, but the idea of him having to guard her was almost sort of silly. Especially with the way she was playing around with those stances.

As the audible rumble broke the silence of her training Chigetsu couldn’t help but giggle a bit. He would be leaning back against the wood of the cabin, only observing. At least, only observing until now. As if reading her mind he would reach down into his backpack, a beat up little thing that had surely seen years of use. Out of its pack a wrapped up double cheeseburger would be pulled out and tossed in her direction. He had thought ahead enough to prepare for a moment like this on the ship.

Your stance is just as good as it was before.” He would say around the time that she caught the burger, or if she didn’t around the time it would fall on the floor of the ship. “Watching you makes it feel like no time has passed. Maybe it’s silly to think of it like that though…

... But, what are you going to do now?

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Becoming familiar with her weapons was the first step towards regaining her muscle memory. One tends to forget what they actually carry on their body after not equipping the every day carry for so long. Holsters, pouches, pockets, and equipment alignment had to all be remembered on top of technique and controlling one's own body. That was the first step. There was also remastering application she needed to become adept with. Swinging swords in the air worked well when recalling information, but how well did she fair in a fight? She wanted to learn sooner than later. It seems as though the deck of the ship was not completely cleared as there was a single spectator bothering to observe the former Mizukage practice her blade. It was Chigetsu. Hana was unsure how to feel about Chigetsu. After all they pretty much haven't spoken in a year. Who was guilty? Her? Him? Both of them? Ever since their date night there has been a sense of awkwardness between them, but a mutual understanding. Was this natural? Hana wouldn't know. Her past relationships were as shallow as a plate of cereal and didn't nearly go as far as she did with Chigetsu.

Returning her sword to its scabbard she noticed Chigetsu digging in his bag, the sound of cheap paper wrapping immediately grabbing her attention. Sure enough there it was. A burger that Chigetsu oddly kept in his backpack for unknown reasons. Was this his attempt of being mindful like the one time she brought gummies to Calis' funeral? It's one thing to pack preserved foods, but burgers were fairly perishable. She caught it midair, immediately appraising its quality by weight alone. It had decent heft making a suitable meal in itself. It was also still quite warm. Chigetsu must've picked it up just moments before departure in the port town was her guess. While mindful, she didn't want to speedbump her training. Setting it on a small table embedded to the deck she returned her focus back to Chigetsu after he asked a somewhat deep question.

"I don't know. My last memory was some meeting I had with Shimiko Chinoike of Kumogakure. That was more than a year ago. When I gained consciousness I was living a peaceful life near the land's waterfront. I've only been 'back' for a few days and I hear stories of war and bad tension between the major nations. Kirigakure currently lacks leadership as far as I can tell..." Hana paused for a moment, halting her thought process. Reigetsu was in a comatose state as well. She didn't want to bring up her status in front of Chigetsu in fear that she might reopen a scab, so to speak. "But it seems people have forgotten about me, for better or worse. I'm just a Jounin again, among dozens. My name may mean something, but only to those who care to inquire. It's a bit peaceful. The crown was getting a bit too heavy for my tastes, but something tells me I'm going to have to take leadership again in some form. Perhaps as a Jounin Commander. I don't mind leadership, but I dislike always being in charge." She said with a grimace and a chuckle giving her last statement more than one meaning.

"I don't know if I told you, but Kageship was never really a goal of mine. It sorta just happened after Kyoji and I raided iron. I'm still fairly suspicious about his methodology in delivering the promotion...but needless to say it's probably best I'm not Mizukage. My reputation has more or less been tarnished, and has been an issue when trying to bring Kirigakure back on track. Maybe a new face might do the nation some good." Hana realized she was getting a bit too political, so she ended her train of thought there. The minor sweat she worked up had dried up and Hana soon didn't feel like training much anymore; Chigetsu achieved his goal. Hopping slightly she plopped herself on the table where her burger rested, though she barely needed to hop as she was a little over six feet with her current getup. Unwrapping the burg she'd take a large enough bite to get a bit of everything at once. The crunch of the raw onion and pickles were satisfying to hear. Overall the burger was pretty good quality.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Shimiko Chinoike…” The name was repeated in a whisper, just to see how it felt to say. It rolled off the tongue easily. Maybe if he had been wiser Chigetsu would be familiar with the name, but in his ignorance it was something entirely foreign to him. If this Shimiko Chinoike person was the last person who Hana had any memory with…

Maybe she’ll know something.” It was a shot in the dark. Just musing potential ideas aloud, mostly talking to himself rather than suggesting it towards Hana. He probably shouldn’t have said anything. Hana had more immediate things to concern herself with. The mission at hand was likely something personal for her, with the destruction and sacking of the Land of Iron having been a perpetual scab that destroyed her reputation as Mizukage. The issue of Shimiko Chinoike would be something Chigetsu would have to take into his own hands. The name would be burnt into his memory, to be acted upon on a later date. Maybe a visit to Kumogakure would be in order. Well, it was easy to say, or think, those sorts of things. With the situation with Hana and his mother turned out as it did he truly just regressed back to his previous lifestyle. All of the growth and advancement he had made during the Chunin Exams felt like they had been squandered into nothing. The idea of going off on his own to do detective work in Kumogakure was a fantasy, since this was about the first time he had left his room in maybe a year.

Ruminating on his own problems wasn’t worth it right now. There were more important things to focus on.

Well… What do you want, then? If Kageship was never one of your goals what comes now? You were just given it before, but now you don’t need to feel solely responsible for Kirigakure’s problems. You can put yourself first.” It was the most he had spoken in a long time. His voice felt dry, as humorous as the concept was for someone literally made out of water.

I guess first we have to worry about this mission. Returning this sword, or whatever to the Samurai.” The way he rolled his eyes was subtle. As someone largely removed from the spectre of war Chigtesu was largely ignorant of the political significance of all of this. It just seemed a bit odd that they were giving it back after all this time. Why not in the year that Hana was away? Why are they making her do it? It just felt like a purposeful attempt to further drag her through the mud, and Chigetsu felt a little bitter about the whole thing now. “But after that…?

He left on that awkward, trailing note, saying a little but not really much at all. It was just prompting her to keep talking while he sorted out his own mind.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:57 am

[Flashback now due to travel.]

Hana worked to sneak in a few bites of the burger between breaks of her dialogue, giving Chigetsu the chance to speak his mind. He asked the same question after she effectively talked his ear off, but it was never really answered. Looking down she sought the cross section of her burger for answers. She needed to be true to herself. "When I return from the Land of Iron, I will be reclaiming leadership." As the words left her lips she knew she couldn't go back on them. It was a leap that made her feel regretful, but in a way it was something she knew she had to do. "As much as I would prefer not to, Kirigakure has enemies. With war breaking loose we cannot have the Water Empire sit back and not take action. Without a competent leader, a city as large of Kirigakure would fall within months." She had to get used to the Kage life once again, but she knew what needed to be done.

"Anyways, that's enough of that. I want to get some sleep before we arrive in the Land of Iron. I'm not expecting the warmest of welcomes so full alert is necessary. I'm gonna take a shower first. Wanna join?" Hana dropped casually. Regardless of Chi's answer she'd wash and unwind in her cabin for the night and would spend most of her journey being lazy. War ships didn't really provide much in the form of entertainment.

[Exit]

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:29 pm

[Flashback due to travel]

It seemed that Hana had some revelation in the last few moments, perhaps one that originated from the burger she was chewing on. The difference between what she was saying now and what she had just said was rather stark, but the progression was natural. Chigetsu couldn’t help but feel a bit sorry for her. Being forced into a position that you didn’t want twice under these unfortunate circumstances and having your reputation drug through the mud as a result was downright tragic. It seemed that Hana had a penchant for attracting bad luck, from Kyoji to Shimiko to this.

He stiffened his posture a bit. Obviously there would soon be work to be done. Not just regarding their journey to the Land of Iron, but once they got back. If Kirigakure needed to be defended it was his duty to act in its defense just as much as it was Hana’s.

Wha-” That tenseness that came as he thought about all the work that was laid ahead of them was swept away in a moment by the surprise of the shower invitation. A slight tinge of color rose to his cheeks, but without any hesitation Chigetsu would nod. It had been a long time. He would retire to the cabin with her and similarly unwind.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am