Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+3
Kitsuki Kurahasa
Shimiko Chinoike
Kurenai
7 posters

Kurenai | Jutsu Reg

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Kurenai | Jutsu Reg - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurenai | Jutsu Reg

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:06 pm

I don't like techniques granting chakra reductions. Is the caste system reductions built into the clan? Was it approved to operate this way?

Character File
    Skills & Elements: KKG, Ninjutsu, Sensory -- Fire
    Class: D
    Ryo: -

Post by Kurenai Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:51 am

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:I don't like techniques granting chakra reductions. Is the caste system reductions built into the clan? Was it approved to operate this way?
    The caste is integrated, but the reduction isn't. The techniques were created with the description of the castes in mind. A technique bringing their 'typical' feats out.

Kurenai | Jutsu Reg - Page 2 Kopie_10

Kurenai:
    Q
    Q

Post by Q Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:07 pm

I'd have preferred those kinds of reductions built into the clan as opposed to registered via independent techniques. I don't want to set precedent that regular customs can be performed at 1 rank less chakra.
    Kurenai
    Kurenai

Character File

Post by Kurenai Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:35 am

Fair enough. I'll remove them.

Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Builder's Grit:
    Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Hunter's Senses:
    Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Weaver's Art:
    Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Leader's Insight:

Kurenai:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 pm

Kurenai wrote:Fair enough. I'll remove them.

Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Builder's Grit:
    Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Hunter's Senses:
    Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Weaver's Art:

Approved

Tsuchigumo Hiden, The Leader's Insight:

Denied. No to boosting Intelligence. A KKG may give you more leeway in being able to boost outside of what is written in the Skill Spec. chart but things like intelligence are not buffed lightly. You'd need Ijutsu for that.

Character File

Post by Kurenai Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:24 am

I'm not sure how ijutsu/medical knowledge relates to a caste focused on strategic insight, leadership and crowd management, tbh. Neither am I sure why int is so monitored exactly?

Kurenai:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:40 pm

Kurenai wrote:I'm not sure how ijutsu/medical knowledge relates to a caste focused on strategic insight, leadership and crowd management, tbh. Neither am I sure why int is so monitored exactly?

Intel is a a very big meta stat that governs a lot of key abilities such as learning techniques, being aware of techniques, precogition, tactical awareness/strategy formation, the recognition of people, proficiency with multiple Skills. Its meant to be fairly broad and powerful but we decided we don't want people being able to boost to it so easily. Intelligence should be the hardest stat to buff, and we decided the only way it'd be done via techniques is by something that affecting your neuro-biology which would require Ijutsu.

Character File

Post by Kurenai Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:31 pm

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:
    Intel is a a very big meta stat that governs a lot of key abilities such as learning techniques, being aware of techniques, precogition, tactical awareness/strategy formation, the recognition of people, proficiency with multiple Skills. Its meant to be fairly broad and powerful but we decided we don't want people being able to boost to it so easily. Intelligence should be the hardest stat to buff, and we decided the only way it'd be done via techniques is by something that affecting your neuro-biology which would require Ijutsu.

I personally think most of these bonuses should relate to 'base INT' rather than current INT.

Learning techniques: I've always considered the '+1 rank to jutsu' to be relying on base INT.. It's really odd that briefly boosting your mental capacity suddenly allows you access to techniques you've never practised before. If I drink a redbull and take some vitamins to boost brain power, I don't suddenly become as knowledgeable in law as a lawyer or judge - that knowledge doesn't just pop into my memory, neither does that insight just jump into my lap. I won't become a master in MA either; kata need to practised and maintained to stay sharp.

Besides, it is technically not allowed to use jutsu you don't have trained/in your library. You need to have those approved in your updates, and then you can't even use them during that thread itself. Using INT to suddenly access jutsu seems like a wonky bypass of mod's auditing.

Skill proficiency: That's fine. Raise INT to be better at Fuin and Gen? Sure. Nothing unusual there as every other spec raises their vital stats too.

Precog: Hastening precog speed? Sure. Raising precog count? Maybe. You do pay chakra for it, even if it's only 5 CP/round. I'd lump in renown recognition in there; like you suddenly remember or realise something others would find obvious.

Kurenai:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Kurenai wrote:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:

I personally think most of these bonuses should relate to 'base INT' rather than current INT.

Learning techniques: I've always considered the '+1 rank to jutsu' to be relying on base INT.. It's really odd that briefly boosting your mental capacity suddenly allows you access to techniques you've never practised before. If I drink a redbull and take some vitamins to boost brain power, I don't suddenly become as knowledgeable in law as a lawyer or judge - that knowledge doesn't just pop into my memory, neither does that insight just jump into my lap. I won't become a master in MA either; kata need to practised and maintained to stay sharp.

Besides, it is technically not allowed to use jutsu you don't have trained/in your library. You need to have those approved in your updates, and then you can't even use them during that thread itself. Using INT to suddenly access jutsu seems like a wonky bypass of mod's auditing.

Skill proficiency: That's fine. Raise INT to be better at Fuin and Gen? Sure. Nothing unusual there as every other spec raises their vital stats too.

Precog: Hastening precog speed? Sure. Raising precog count? Maybe. You do pay chakra for it, even if it's only 5 CP/round. I'd lump in renown recognition in there; like you suddenly remember or realise something others would find obvious.

Aside from needing to make those differentiation in every technique that needs to be approved, I don't think boosting intelligence is outside of Ijutsu is particularly logical. Increasing one's natural intelligence even with chakra is much more difficult and should be reserved to Ijutsu except in special cases.

I'd be fine with buffing Intel for the purposes of gen recognition if there was a Doujutsu involved but for the most part staff has decided against it as a general rule and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Character File

Post by Kurenai Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:16 am

Art of Venomancy, Igniferum:

Silken Weave, Silver Star:
    Silken Weave, Searing Strands:

Kurenai:
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

Post by Ikomiki Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:52 pm

Kurenai wrote:
    Art of Venomancy, Igniferum:

Silken Weave, Silver Star:

The first two are approved. I'm fine with Igniferum having an activation cost slightly lower than its power because it uses projectile rules instead of traditional speed for the jutsu, but please raise the Searing Strands' activation cost to be equivalent to its power.

Character File

Post by Kurenai Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:38 pm

There's two reasons why I wrote it as such:
    - Katon jutsu often have a power rating one rank higher than their jutsu rank. I noticed the same trend with wind often having its speed one rank higher, and doton having its quality/hardness raised one rank higher.
    - Searing Strands also requires another jutsu to work. It's potential heavily depends on preceding jutsu. Without it, this technique can't be used. I hope that compensated the power raise?

Kurenai:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am