Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Intelligence Rewrite

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Intelligence Rewrite Empty Intelligence Rewrite

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Intelligence
    Spoiler:

So upon the controversy surrounding Precogs I felt Intelligence in general needed to be reworked. Over the years it grew into a meta stat instead of serving as tasteful knowledge. The rewrite of Intelligence would serve to highlight some of its valuable roles. If you feel some things may need to be removed or added, this is an open discussion.

Notes:
    -Reduced Precogs per tier
    -Limited the other freebie skills to two instead of all three basic skills. Also reduced the secondary skill to B-rank instead of A-rank.
    -Basic Knowledge of the Five Elements implies knowing Elemental Strengths and Weaknesses will not be common knowledge. The same will go to collaborations. This rewards higher Intelligence.
    -Knowledge of a technique after seeing it once allows the character to know a technique's weaknesses, range, and speed after witnessing it once.
    -Extensive Knowledge of the Five Elements allows a character capable of tracking their opponent's hand signs to know what's to come.
    -Can make accurate inferences with political situations or major events. This would allow the character to dissect an event such as assassination and discern the true motivation. They would have a reason to believe something may be staged if set up.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Naito
    Naito

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Weapon Smith, Wind Release
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Intelligence Rewrite Empty Re: Intelligence Rewrite

Post by Naito Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:14 pm

Intelligence imo was always supposed to be more of a Tactician Attribute than a "Break the Rules" attribute.

Precogs have been poorly handled as mentioned in my Precognition suggestion. The ability to use them offensively essentially creates a save or hit effect, which is unlike anything in the game. But limiting them to Defense makes no sense either given the way the logic of the ability works.

Limiting Element Knowledge to Intelligence only works if it works for lower tier perks. It's unfair to punish Ninjutsu users into not knowing how their element works when only Naruto has shown that lack of knowledge.

Precog should be scrapped in my honest opinion and replaced with something else that covers that aspect of Intelligence. The current ability is way too strong and untenable. Someone who invests into S Rank Coordination and S rank Speed should not get hit by A Rank Intelligence just because the person with high Speed or Coordination doesn't have precognition.

Intelligence also governs Genjutsu ability and several poisons and other things. So it's not like replacing Precognition will break the attribute. Removing it entirely without replacement would probably screw things up, but the current existence of Precognition is broken.

A lot of Hana's suggestions here are fluff abilities that don't contribute to Intelligence's power scaling at all just add ribbons for knowledge stuff or actually weaken a lot of people just to make Intelligence seem better.

color=#9900ff
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 pm

I personally think Intelligence as it is is quite fine but we all agree that precogs are broken. I don't necessarily think its fine to scrap them altogether though. They need to be nerfed not eliminated. This is why the following proposal is on the table with respect to precogs:

1. Precogs can be used fro defensive manuevers only
    2. We decrease the number of precogs each tier of intel gets
    - b gets 1
    - a gets 2
    - s gets 3
    - x gets 5
    3. Increase charging times
    - charging times doubled across the board.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Weapon Smith, Wind Release
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Post by Naito Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:08 pm

Shimiko Chinoike wrote:I personally think Intelligence as it is is quite fine but we all agree that precogs are broken. I don't necessarily think its fine to scrap them altogether though. They need to be nerfed not eliminated. This is why the following proposal is on the table with respect to precogs:

1. Precogs can be used fro defensive manuevers only
    2. We decrease the number of precogs each tier of intel gets
    - b gets 1
    - a gets 2
    - s gets 3
    - x gets 5
    3. Increase charging times
    - charging times doubled across the board.

I still don't like it, but if the site thinks Precogs are too precious to let go of this is a decent compromise I guess.

color=#9900ff

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content