Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private]

Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo:

Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private] Empty Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private]

Post by Short_Stack Fri May 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Miyu's legendarily bad sense of direction once again putting her quite a distance from home, a short time after saying her goodbyes to Riku and the Twins. But seeing as she found it hard to concentrate with the words of the two twins she met the day before.

She whipped out a medium sized scroll and released Kitchen-Kun, and after a few minutes debating settled on a simple breakfast of eggs and bacon. With her chakra strings connected to the puppet. Let it's arms gather ingredients and sealed perishables for the meal ahead.

Soon afterwards she'd have a pan with several eggs mixed and would pour in a heavy cream made from smelted human milk sacs, deer fat, and herbal butter. Slowly being stirred over a low heat. Which she'd stir till it had a texture similar to custard.

While on another area a pan of thick cut bacon would be roasting. Although anyone looking at it closely would see it was a mix of several chemically fused meat types, all centered around bringing the meat to it's juiciest form.

While engrossed in basking in the rich aromas, and the meal cooking would be blind to the world around her.

________
    OOC: just learned now that I had to do this thread within Kirigakure. So transfered it, and did a few minor tweaks that don't take away from the original post.

Skills:
    Bloodline, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Puppetry, Fuuin, Ijutsu

Stats:
    Strength: C (450) : C+ (Comfortable Living)
    Con: C (450)
    Stam: C (450) : B+ (Uzumaki Female) :
    Speed: D (150)
    Coord: C (450)
    Int: A (950)
    Perc: C (450)

T: (15/ 18)

_________

205 CP / -1 CP per Post (Long Sighted UA.)

Precog: 7 (tied to Empathy UA.)
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private] Empty Re: Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private]

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Shimiko practically stomped her way along an isolated road in the village. The negotiation with Kyoji had gone horribly wrong. It appeared neither Takeo nor his successor were interested in kowtowing to the declarations of the Church. She regarded such people as spiritually dead fools who would get their comeuppance. Shimiko wasn't the least bit upset that they had been randomly attacked by the Cloudian Wonder but he had put a thorn in her side. She didn't mind offending Kyoji, but her actions coupled with the Cloudian's made the diplomatic mission a complete failure. She wasn't keen on disappointing the Raikage twice and so she found herself cursing the situation, unable to use her blades and blood to remedy it.

She walked by a young girl using a puppet of some sort to help her cook. The heavenly smell of breakfast wafted past her nostrils and she stopped in her tracks on instinct. She turned to look at the redhead preparing the food. Shimiko was armed to the teeth but she wasn't about to strike down an innocent foreign young girl for some food. The blonde's tummy growled and instead of sacrificing the genin, she did her best to give her a sincere smile. Unfortunately, because of her piss poor mood, the expression may have come off more sinister than intended.

"Hi little lady. What you got there?"

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private] Empty Re: Philosophy With a Side of Eggs [private]

Post by Short_Stack Fri May 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Miyu looked up slightly startled from her cooking by the unexpected voice, and gave her trademark "million watt, I'm made of Rainbows" smile as she registered what was asked, "Oh! Hai! This is an omelette made with human breast fat butter, and a side of bacon that's mostly pork."

Hearing the rumbling from the stranger's belly and what she was fourty percent sure was anger, she added, "I'm trying to understand other people so if human, which I assure you wasn't an innocent or defenseless person, and prepared through Ryuutei customs, I can give you this, and make another plate for me, or I can cook you up something else? It's not right not to help someone when it's with my power right? And while your eating, if you want to I can listen to what has you so mad if you want to?"

Miyu would get lean forward a bit and listen to the stranger drinking in details and her smile going from sweet to a more sincere and gentle one. After all, sometimes what a person needed was a listening ear, and if Miyu wanted to make Big Brother and Satori proud of her, she needed to give the same love and kindness she'd give to any Ryuutei.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Shimiko raised an eyebrow in response to hearing what Miyu was using to cook her breakfast. She alluded to the fact that the meat was garnered from a human being. Being a Jashinist, Shimiko was no stranger to cannibalism. She ingested blood as part of her sacrificial rituals and had upon occasion eaten an entire meal made from human meat. It wasn't something she regularly indulged in, but it was a sign of strength and superiority to eat the flesh of one's enemies. The twins had become habituated to that kind of practice and she allowed it so long as it was limited to the corpses that the Church had disposed of after sacrifices. The contents of the meal were odd, but Shimiko figured that in this village, human meat might be regular fare. Kiri promoted slavery and their Kage was half-shark so it would make sense that they had monstrous appetites. Who am I to judge? The girl noticed that she was angry and offered to hear her troubles. The misson wasn't especially secretive and Shimiko guessed that the Mizukage would tell others about her visit so as to shore up his credibility as a strongman. She saw no harm in conversing with this strange genin, especially if she was willing to exchange information.

"You're very perceptive. My name is Shimiko by the way. Shimiko Chinoike."

She sat down across from the adopted Ryuutei.

"A plate would be awfully nice thank you. I'm starving, and I'm no stranger to rare delicacies." Shimiko knew that it was common for people to bond over food. She didn't want to outright implicate herself in cannibalism but she did let Miyu know that she was fine with eggs made from human breasts and "mostly pork" bacon. "As for what's bothering me...I don't know if I want to bore you with politics"

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri May 03, 2019 4:52 pm

"Hi Shimiko Chinoike, I'm Miyu Ryuutei." She pleasantly greet the blonde haired ninja.

The many arms of Kitchen-Kun got busy with getting a plate and fork ready for her guest while getting her own plate "Thank goodness it wasn't about the dish, other than Yui, Yua, and Riku-chan. Most people were upset about eating human today at the Marketplace. I mean I spent a good chunk of my life raised among the Ryuutei were all parts of a kill are used and respected. Waste not, want not ... But I don't get how people are so weird about it. All life dies, the dead get consumed to fuel life, which dies, which furthers the cycle ...

"Sorry I'm rambling ... It's just a weird concept to grasp. Hunan's fear of death and disrespect towards the gift said death gives them ... and just because that death was a human somehow makes them more special somehow ... But yeah, I have no problem listening to your problems. I'm here, you're here, so why not? I might learn something new!"

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat May 04, 2019 3:53 am

"Well met Miyu Ryuutei..." Shimiko responded. Miyu then mentioned Yui and Yua, her twins. It was in a positive context though and it appeared as though she had also offered them human meat. She mentally chuckled at that. The twins would jump at the chance to eat human flesh while in Kiri. Apparently, another person in Kiri named Riku shared their tastes. She was glad that the Twins had taken her instructions to heart and were making contacts in the village. She didn't react to hearing their names though. It was possible the twins had already mentioned her to Miyu, but Shimiko got the distinct impression that this redhead was the type to say something if she came off as familiar or if she had heard of her. For the time being, it was best to pretend as though the names Yui and Yua didn't ring any bells.

However, judging from Miyu's statements, the cannibalistic tendencies of her breakfast host were not shared widely in Kiri. Shimiko would accept the breakfast plate from the puppet and would dig in with the utensils provided. She nodded her head as she listened and ate. She minded her manners but it was clear from her pace that she was ravenously hungry. People were skittish about dining on human flesh. Whatever clan Miyu was from probably were akin to the Chinoike. A people regarded as savage outsiders who ate their enemies. Shimiko agreed with Miyu that there was no point in wasting good meat but she also understood why civilized society frowned upon the practice. It was what Miyu said next that caused Shimiko to pause for a moment.

The way she regarded death was rare, even among ninja. Shimiko nodded her head in vigorous agreement. One of the core tenents of Jashinism was that death was not something to be feared. All things die. Freedom from fear of death was one of the most joyous gifts one could receive as a result of converting to the religion of Jashinism. And if one already did not fear it, then the sky was the limit as to how far they could take their relationship with Lord Jashin. Shimiko didn't pitch the religion right away though. Instead, she made a mental note to explore this line of conversation a bit later. For now, Miyu wanted to learn why Shimiko was upset and the Jounin would truthfully oblige.

"I'm originally from Kumogakure no Sato. I came here as part of a diplomatic mission. My goal was to ease the tensions between our two villages. Long story short, one of your Jounin has committed some truly heinous acts and since the previous Mizukage was dragging his feet in terms of doing something about it.....we acted. Things got out of hand though. Mistakes were made. Now neither us nor them want to back down from our positions. I tried to push for a fair compromise but your new Mizukage is extremely stubborn. I gotta ask by the way....how many people in this part of the world are like that? Fish people I mean."

She vaguely knew of the Hoshigaki and his appearance didn't bother her, but she was curious as to if this was some kind of mutant gene that was spreading among the population. Clans that changed one's physiology were not that rare. However, this clan turned people into bipedal sea critters. The implications were disturbing, to say the least.  She wondered if all of the Isles would soon be populated by such shark people.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat May 04, 2019 4:59 am

Miyu finished cooking her dish in short order and saw that Shikimo had ravenously polished her meal. The hands would toss the cooking implements into the only sink and quickly was them as she prepared another meal, This a simple mix of full fat, blue berry yogurt and self rising flour. Lightly coated with vegetable oil.

It was quickly mixed and kneaded before broken into 8 decent sized orbs before turning them into Pancake, flat patties, given a light coat of olive oil. Then tossed onto one of four skillets. One of the most important parts of playing a host was to make something delicious, but comfortable for ones guests. When Shimiko had arrived, Miyu had cooked mostly to use up more of her surplus. But what Miyu took a guess that she'd like something semi-normal.

As she did this she was listening in as she heard about what had happened today. On how Shimiko had went to try for a peaceful reconciliation, but instead let tempers get the best of them. And asked if there were more interesting people like him.

She'd have the blue berry flat bread done in relatively short order after Shimiko finished. And would serve her, and ask if she has any preference for drink. Mentioning she had cow milk, water, wine, whiskey, vodka, and lemonade. So if she chose something a glass would be poured for her and Miyu would disconnect from the puppet before giving a small comment and then an answer.

"Hmmm the Sushi Clan I think are the only shark people here. But we got people who are part Biju, and can eat any living thing and get chakra from it, that's the Ryuutei; you have the Hozuki who can turn into living water like Riku-chan, and you have the Kaguya, there not human, they even brag of their ancestry. Not sure if evil or just onry. But that covers that covers the more strange clans ... Can't remember the Sushi Clan's name. Just that they are fatty tuna, sharky, seafood people.

But yeah, Big Brother and Midori have shown me through their actions ... and I'm still learning. Cooler heads will always prevail, and the hardest thing to do, is take a step back, disengage, and try to deescalate a problem when things get heated.

But yeah, sounds like you both should have talked about, and asked for a break. But it sounds as if you were at an empass. I honestly would have sent a message to the Kage or someone I trusted to see what move to make next if he wasn't budging. Always be ready to adapt, and change in the face of adversity. It's how you transform failure into success when life gives you it's trials. Be fluid, and no matter how life bends you, you can flow around it without breaking."

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun May 05, 2019 12:25 am

Shimiko had scarcely finished the scrumptious bacon and eggs when she was awarded another plate. This time, blueberry shortbread. She was offered something to drink and among the choices were lemonade, her favorite drink. She selected lemonade and thanked her host once more. There is real goodness and beauty in this village...its a shame it happened to produce such monsters and rogues.. Shimiko ate and listened as Miyu informed her of the various clans. Some she had heard of (like the Kaguya) and others were a bit new to her (like the Ryuutei). Miyu was part of this Ryuutei Clan which meant the woman sitting in front of her was part Bijuu. It did explain her appetite for human flesh. The Sushi Clan was probably where this Hoshigaki man was from, or perhaps he was related to it or part of some other branch. Shimiko nodded her head and found herself agreeing with Miyu. Cooler heads did tend to prevail, but that didn't erase the burning desire to win nor would it soften the sting of defeat when she returned to Kumo.

"I agree with you Miyu..." she said between bites. "This is really good by the way. You are an absolute darling for feeding me like royalty..." "Its just that....your Mizukage Kyoji, doesn't seem to care about the war crimes of people like Ken Tetsudashi. He dismissed me from the meeting and I expect he'll want to talk to the Raikage about the situation. I know I should be more flexible...less heated....more focused on the end goal. It's just there are certain wrongs that cannot be looked past and there are certain transgressions that cannot be compromised on. I tried to let him know that what he was doing was wrong and he asked for a source of authority on why he should listen to me. I gave him the greatest source of authority I've ever known and he threw it back in my face. Things didn't really progress from there...."

Shimiko had alluded to her quoting of the Seikyōkai but had fallen short of outright mentioning the holy book. Miyu's thoughts on life and death made her a prime candidate for conversion, but Shimiko wanted Miyu to lead the conversation in that direction. If she inquired as to what the Chinoike was talking about when she said "source of authority" than that would be the perfect segue into their next line of conversation.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sun May 05, 2019 6:46 am

Miyu would smile dazzlingly at Shimiko getting where Miyu was coming from. The sanctity of the sacred flow of life and death was something sacred to her taught to her by her adopted family. And one of the reasons she had so much trouble connecting with non-Ryuutei. It was a blessing to meet someone who got it, and knew death wasn't something evil or to be afraid of. Miyu was beginning to feel a small spark of kinship with this woman.

And her smile grew brighter as she got praised on feeding her like royalty, she gave a small laugh "it's my pleasure, helping those in need is the right thing to do. And you seem to be in need, so I want to help where I can."

As she listened to her conversation with the Mizukage, she'd hear what she precieved as disappointment, and anger and walked to Shimiko as she was wrapping up and gave her the biggest hug she could manage. After all Midori's hugs made her feel better, so it stood to reason hugs made everything better ... at least on an emotional level. The practical could come later, "It'll be okay, it might not seem like it now. But if you are morally in the right, I'm sure your Kage will understand. After all, noone likes being attacked physically, mentally, or spiritually. It's the fastest way to make sure everyone loses."

And she'd do her best to hug it better, asking if Shimiko felt a little better.

After that she'd process the conversation. Her mentioning of the greatest source of authority she'd ever known. If it was anything like Midiori was to her, then she truly understood the anger, but Shimiko didn't seem like a bad person. So what harm could there be in learning more about the moral center of her entire little world, "Who is your greatest source of authority? They sound to you like Midori, my guardian and rescuer, is too me, and if your so moral, I bet they are too ... I mean we try to please those with our acts that are our little world am I right?"

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 am

Shimiko was a bit startled by the hug. The ANBU's first instinct was to mentally locate her weapon and position one hand so that she could retrieve it quickly. She found herself on guard for a few moments before realizing that Miyu's gesture of affection was 100% the real deal. Shimiko returned the embrace with her free hand, the other of course holding the plate of food that she was very much enjoying. She smiled and could see that this Miyu girl had a pure soul. It reminded her of her twins.

She listened while she finished up the plate of food. She partially agreed with Miyu. On one hand, she did believe that attacks on religion made everyone worse off. On the other hand, she highly doubted that Kyoji would ever see her side of the equation (which was obviously the correct side).

"I hope you're right Miyu. I really do. But only time will tell as to whether your Mizukage will do the right thing."

Miyu seized on the phrase "source of authority" just as Shimiko thought she would. The redhead had taken the "bait" so to speak. Interestingly enough, Miyu mentioned that her source of authority was someone named Midori. Shimiko wasn't sure if this was a boyfriend, a family member, or just someone who functioned as a mentor. Shimiko felt the terms "rescuer" and "guardian" had a wide-ranging application. She boiled them down to their most simple characteristics. They referred to someone who "saved" another person. Perhaps Miyu had been in trouble at one time and Midori had helped her out. There were a lot of scenarios that she could imagine, but she set aside that for now. She figured Miyu would reveal more about that story when she was ready. For now, Shimiko would explain what she meant by "source of authority".

"My greatest source of authority is not a person...it is a God. Lord Jashin, the being who created the entire universe and gave us his teachings so that we would no longer fear death. You see Miyu, you are absolutely correct. We try to please those who are at the center of world. For me, Jashin is that center and as for how to please him...."

Shimiko opened a pouch strapped to her armour and pulled out a small book. The front was emblazoned with the symbol of the Orthodox Church of Jashin. The book was tiny but fairly thick, and the printing small to accommodate its size. Shimiko made sure that both she and the twins had a few copies between them. The religion was banned almost everywhere and such material could be seen as contraband, but she trusted that Lord Jashin would bless their journey so that the copies would remain safe and in the hands of those that could be led to his greatness.

"This book teaches us everything we need to know about his glory and the mission he has for us. Its called The Seikyōkai. I must say you should be very careful about who you show that book to Miyu. Its only a book, but based off of what your Mizukage told me, Jashinism is banned in this country. It's a shame because many of the people who claim to follow Jashin, do not truly heed his words nor the words of his prophets. If the world knew what my religion truly was about and how it should be practiced. I'm sure they'd allow it. I think you can learn a lot from this book. You and your clan's philosophy on Death are very much on the mark and everything in Jashinism revolves around death and our place within the grander scheme of the world. Miyu, I've only known you briefly but I can already tell you are far more spiritually aware than most people. This book will be the next step in your metaphysical development."

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Tue May 07, 2019 2:01 am

Miyu would look up from her hug and at the mention of Jashin her eyebrows would raise slightly, but her gaze became one of inquisitiveness than judgement. Of course she had heard of it, but only in rumors and gossip. But having lived among the Ryuutei where outsiders viewed them as cannibals, savages, and beasts. She had learned early on to not judge others on what others thought. Rather to learn all she could so she could perceive the truth with her own senses. Because unlike the limited perception of man, one's own senses and intellect were greater at discerning the truth when one wasn't clouded by prejudice.

When Miyu was given the book a hungry, almost feral grin came over her at the thought of learning new knowledge. It was the same ecstatic grin she had whenever a new bit of knowledge or experience was placed before her.

She vaguely heard Shimiko as she got "Into the zone", if Shimiko was watching her, she'd notice Miyu's body going loose and her eyes dilate almost as if drugged as Miyu entered a trance like state.

Her hand would seem to blur as she turned page after page with blinding speed, yet without the slightest pulling or damage to the page. This was her second greatest gift. The ability to soak up a page the book entering a visualized mind palace where her mind swiftly devoured all before it and other collected knowledge would pop up and help categorize it.

The ability to visualize not just the book and words, but visualize the data as sights, sounds, feelings, and scents. Allowed for perfect recall, and the extrapolation of data.

And to her the book was over just as it started. Her head tilted as she held up a hand to Shimiko as if asking to wait a second. She saw all of the book, all of what they believed, but ... "There's more isn't there? This book is great, there are lot of similarities to Ryuutei custom, natural laws, many different philosopies ... although this feels older.

"And it feels as if I meditate on the scriptures some more I could see what I'm missing ... But I will admit it's probably because of my lack of Spiritual Purity and readiness. I'm sorry if my ignorance has blocked me from greater truths.

"But I have been praying to the world for a spiritual teacher or sage to help me. I am in a nebulous state of stagnantion, where my mental and spiritual problems are forming a wall that noone has been able to help me with.

"And while I don't fear death. Heck now knowing that ending the suffering of those I honored for their sacrifice and I myself may forever be one with Jashin only makes that highly Spiritually fulfilling clan ritual even greater. Knowing that peace I felt was Jashin, even without knowing him. But what I fear is harming Midori because of these walls destroying the Spiritually Pure and Good within me. The fear of stagnantion, and the fear of letting down Midori."

She would be leaning against Shikimo weeping at the weight of her spiritual lacking, at the all crushing weight of countless failures of trying to be better for Midori. And an intense gratitude for her silent prayers being answered.

After crying herself out she'd ask, "Even though I wasn't a worshiper of Jashin, when I was praying ... do you think he sent you to me to answer my prayers for all the sacrifices I did?"

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue May 07, 2019 4:12 am

When Shimiko handed Miyu the book, she didn't expect the girl to start thumbing through it right away. Some people took their time before actually opening it. A text from a religion as widely feared as Jashinism was bound to elicit fear and uncertainty from even the most hardened shinobi. To Shimiko's surprise, Miyu opened the book and began to read. The young woman flipped through the book with celerity and Shimiko could see her eyes dilate as she flew through its contents. The Defender of Faith watched in amazement as Miyu soaked up all of the knowledge that was contained within the Seikyōkai. Shimiko was going to ask her if she was okay, if she was having a seizure or some kind of panic attack. Yet the way the girl handled the book and the way her eyes darted across the pages, it was clear that she was completely in control. Miyu finished the book in record time and it was clear that she was overwhelmed by its contents. The girl remarked on the incomplete nature of the tome. She beleived there had to be more and she was absolutely correct.

She's hungry for more....

Miyu confessed to Shimiko that she had been spiritually stagnant and had prayed for a spiritual guide. She didn't know it at the time, but she was praying to Lord Jashin himself, and he had answered her prayers. Shimiko embraced Miyu again and held her closely as she worked through this profound emotional and spiritual moment. She hugged Miyu tightly and could feel the sincerity and genuineness in the woman's voice and actions. Shimiko had read the scriptures and listened to the lectures of her Lady Superior. She knew a miracle when she saw one. There had only been one Sacristan that had learned the Seikyōkai in less than a week, but Miyu appeared to have read the entire book in a few minutes. If this girl's acumen was as real as it looked, then they were truly dealing with a one in a generation prodigy. She held her closely through the tears and allowed Miyu to fully vent her feelings.

I cannot let her spiritual growth cease....I must take her under my care!

"Yes...Yes I do." she said with utter conviction. Shimiko found her own eyes welling up with tears. It brought her back to when she had first ministered to the twins. Sweetness, purity, and hunger for true spiritual fulfillment were so rare that she had almost forgotten what it looked like. "I swear to Lord Jashin that I will be there to teach you and guide you Miyu. Your instincts are correct, the Seikyōkai is just the surface of our Lord's teachings. There are the writings of the numerous Superior Sacristans that have led his true Church, there are many ancillary essays and documents. Poems, paintings, sculptures...St. Memori's Cathedral back in Kumo. There is so much I want to show you and teach you Miyu."

She retrieved a tissue from the inner pocket of her armour and handed it to Miyu to wipe her eyes. It was clear that she had a hard time reconciling some of the traditional morality she had been taught with the supposedly "evil" commandments contained within the holy book. It was a contradiction, and Shimiko guessed that Miyu's spiritual understanding and attachments to family were not meshing with Jashin's message. She rubbed Miyu's back to comfort her, she thought for a while before speaking gently and with the same soft tone she would use with Yui and Yua.

"Miyu dear, this Midori.....is he a family member of yours? Perhaps I can talk to him."

Miyu seemed to think highly of him, but she had been scarce on details. Their relationship could be good or bad, she would have no way of knowing which until she was told. More importantly, she would need to meet him for herself. Kiri was probably not terribly sympathetic towards Jashinism but perhaps if they could reach an understanding then they could both walk away happy.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Tue May 07, 2019 5:05 am

Miyu felt sense of strength and safety as Shimiko held her as the overwhelming storm of emotions flooded through her that she felt when Midori knocked the drugged vial from her hands and held her close as she released a lifetime of pain, suffering, and unimaginable loneliness, showing her the first sign of love she had ever received.

Shimiko in Miyu's heart had a similar feel. A deep conviction, surety of self, and an inner strength that would let those she trusted close know no harm would befall them when she was near. Whether right or wrong, Miyu would draw strength from it as her tears slowed.

When she heard of all the marvels of the church and the vast array of knowledge she let loose a squee and wouldn't be surprised if there were literal stars in her eyes. She wasn't surprised by the bit of drool that escaped her. She blushed heavily and looked bashfully at the ground, "Sorry it's just so~o~ much knowledge and culture! I could spend all day just devouring knowledge! And I love art! And making things ! It sounds like heaven ... and I couldn't help but drool."

She'd look at Shimiko in genuine delight and excitement, "I want you to teach me. I want to honor the blessing Lord Jashin has given me, and I want to be whole, so I can make Midori proud of me, both Midori when I was naught but a ghost and led me to knowing Jashin and his ways, even if we didn't know it. And Jashin for bringing all the blessings he's given me. It's only morally right I show him my proper love and gratitude."

Miyu would take the tissue, and wipe her eyes, and thank her. And after hearing about her wanting to see Midori would titter, "Midori's a she, but yes. We need to see her first. I could never just leave her, and she needs to know of this beautiful gift! But umm ... Three things first. One I get easily lost so if I go with you'll be taking Midori's role of making sure to find me and that I don't disappear ... Which happens alot. It's the price I pay for my literary and creative accumen. A legendarily bad sense of direction.

"I'll want to write often. to her, and at least offer to have her come with. She more than likely won't convert, but will be non-hostile and only come to look after me. She's as viciously protective of me as I am of her.

"And lastly, I kind of need you to help me find the clan complex ... I'm lost."

And on their way to see Midori. Miyu would talk her ear off. Telling her of how from six to nine she lived a life constantly abandoned, forgotten, unloved. Until she came across Midiori who showed her unconditional love and acceptance. Who gave her a home in her heart, and a clan. Of Miyu's struggles seeing any human but Midori as important, even having no care for the villiage past Midiori cared about it. And Miyu wouldn't betray that.

How is Jashin was her soul, and spiritual guardian / good. Guiding her to blessings and happiness. Midori was her heart, home, and the physical manifestation of Jashin's love and blessings upon her. The only thing that let her sleep at night, wrapped in her strength and love, much like the peace and cleansing she felt when giving thanks to a sacrifice before and during the harvesting.

Shimiko would know all there was to know about the one who was Midori by the time they arrived.

// Thread exit.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Miyu was quite literally drooling over the prospect of consuming more of the Church's higher works. The fire in her eyes was unmistakable, and Shimiko knew she was dealing with a true believer right then and there. This trip was not a complete failure. Although she did not complete her primary objective, Jashin's will had led her to a new convert. This was destiny at its finest. Miyu confessed with her own voice and of her own free will that Jashin was her lord and savior. From that moment on, Shimiko and her would be sisters-in-faith. There was no one she wouldn't kill in order to protect her newfound friend. It was so rare for her to find someone in a foreign land that appreciated the truth of the religion. The Orthodoxy had Sacristans in nearly every country on Earth, yet their flocks were often small. Jashinism was banned worldwide and the center of the Orthodoxy's power had always been within Kumogakure. Shimiko knew the geopolitical implications of taking Miyu back to Kumo with her, which meant that this subject would need to be handled sensitively. She knew that the Mizukage would not likely agree to such an arrangement, but perhaps if she could get this Midori's backing and that of the rest of the Ryuutei's Clan, they might be able to work something out.

"Ah sorry" Shimiko said, apologizing for misgendering Midori. "I'd be thrilled to meet her though. I'm sure she has your best interests at heart. I'll talk to her, but I'll respect her and your's decision whatever it may be."

When Midori mentioned how she would need help getting there, Shimiko gave a friendly chuckle and nodded. She had a map on her and with Miyu's input she could probably figure out where to go. Everyone had their strengths and weaknesses. Jashin had given Miyu extraordinary reading comprehension skills, but in return, he had taken her sense of direction. He did this so that his faithful would share their skills and make up for each other's deficits. It was how he ensured the Jashinist community remained strong and vibrant.

"No problem Miyu! I'll lead the way!"

She stood up and with Miyu's assistance, they'd make their way to Midori's house. The group of Kumo NPCs followed but stayed a respectable distance from the pair.

As they walked to Midori's, Shimiko would patiently listen to Miyu's life story. It was tragic but filled with hope and love. It wasn't much unlike Shimiko's story with the twins. The parallel was so strong that she knew this had to be divine intervention. She wanted nothing more than to take Miyu under her wing and teach her, but she knew how close Midori and Miyu likely were. Shimiko would have a hard time parting with the twins even if she thought sending them to study somewhere else was in their best interest. They would need to get through as a group and Shimiko looked forward to working out the details with Miyu's personal guardian.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm